[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POKEMON TRANSPORTER ISSUES_ VC RED BLUE VERSION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: transfer.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
transfer.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
guys, I don't know if this topic has been discussed already, but I need to share it, I'm really, really mad at GF. So here is the thing: I got a chansey on Blue and taught it tri attack, I was really considering a new fun set to work with it once I transferred her to Sun. I did the transference, trained her, raised her EV's / IV's, she's pretty good. Evolved to Blissey and decided to test a match at the battle spot, free, double, special allowed... I just wanted to have some fun. Guess what? The game didn't allow me to enter the party with blissey because I assume it thinks the tri attack blissey is illegal... I deposited her to check and yes , it was her fault. Now I ask you: what's the point of all this bank/ transporter stuff when legit pokemon with legit moves from its generation cannot be used? I don't know if I'm being noob with this, but I got really upset... has anyone also found any other issue concerning the topic or has any tips to overcome it? Thanks
>>
>>31551040
Gamefreak is pants-on-head retarded and forgot that cross-gen evos exist.

It's not the fact that it knows tri-attack. It's the fact that the legality checker doesn't think a Blissey that originated from Gen 1 should exist. Same goes for all the other cross-gen evos.

We'll just have to wait till they fix all of their mistakes that they made to the online legality checker.
>>
>>31551040
Game Freak didn't think the system through and probably forgot that players will want to evolve their Pokemon after the transporter. Shit sucks because Sun and Moon treats those Pokemon as illegal once they evolve.
>>
>>31551122
>>31551124
yeah I got it... this is too dumb, really, GF sometimes feel like the laziest people in the game industry... but anyway, you're telling me that maybe if I had kept chansey unevolved this wouldn't have happened? I'm twice as mad at my stupidity now... thanks for the explanation anyway
>>
gf hired retards
>>
>>31551169
For now just give it some time and they'll fix it. They fucked up a lot of other stuff too, like Rotom formes, certain event pokemon, and HA Island Scan mons that were bred in Alola.
>>
Do they know they fucked up? I see no news site listing the pokebank bugs or anything, really.

I expected a shitstorm over this yet no one is talking about
>>
>>31551220
gotta wait for the better then...I hope it'll be fixed soon! I don't know what I was expecting from all this VC transporter shit... Mew glitch is not transferrable, okay I kinda forgive this one, but the rest... there's really nothing so special about these RED BLUE pokémon coming over to Sun and Moon after all, just a nostalgic gimmick for fools like me. They blocked all the nice stuff we were hoping for, like fissure no guard machamp etc really, I'm not even that into competitive battling, I just wanted to play and have some decent fun with nice bro mons...
>>
>>31551169
They might release a patch.
>>
>>31551040
The real question is why would you want to use Blissey over Chansey?
>>
>>31551264
Japs have been shitposting about it all over twitter and other sites. But I haven't seen really any Western sites talking about all of the bugs associated with the Bank update.
>>
>>31551220
could you go into deeper detail for these cause this is the fist ive heard of these
>>
>>31551325
haha so... I'm not a battle pro, first of all, I just like to use some pokémon I like, but the thing is blissey has a little better improvement in SpA compared to chansey's mere 35 and I thought it would go well with tri attack (that's the reason I started this chansey stuff anyway) ... I was trying to run a special offensive oriented blissey for test purposes... just wanted to try new and fun sets, that's why I feel so frustrated...
>>
>>31551325
the real thing is, this tri attack blissey idea would be greater if instead of HAs we got the regular ones.. maybe I'm wrong, but I think a well raised blissey with stab tri attack and serene grace could be really fun to have...
>>
transporter blocked my pay day mewtwo from blue too, but I should know this one wouldn't make it... (though it should because IT'S LEGIT in its game for arceus sake)
>>
so I'll never understand what's the purpose of allowing people to move pokemon from one gen to the other if some of their special moves (the very reason we want them to be transferred to the new games) are considered illegal
>>
File: 1484420952223.png (78KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484420952223.png
78KB, 250x250px
>>31551670
>arceus sake
>>
File: 250px-249Lugia-Shadow_XD_2.png (49KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
250px-249Lugia-Shadow_XD_2.png
49KB, 250x178px
>>31551040
I have a Psycho Boost Lugia I got YEARS ago in XD, and now it won't let me use it even in free battles.

Not even VC transport issue, just Gen3 for fucks sake. GF needs to get their shit together here.
>>
i have a question then if i evolve my pikachu into an alolan raichu, is that an "illegal" poke
>>
How does it deside the ivs and ability of mons transferred from gen 1 to s/m?
>>
>>31552597
3 random IVs are 31 and the rest are randomly generated, transferred pokes always have HA
>>
>>31552567
the Pikachu is from Yellow is what i meant
>>
>>31552662
why would it be illegal?
>>
>>31551361
We are cucks.
>>
>>31551040
I cant put my Groudon with an Earth Ribbon onto the GTS. Same with any other pokemon that have said ribbon. Apparently all GoD pokemon with moves exclusive to that game are banned.

They totally forgot Orre existed. How can one company be so shit in every aspect?
>>
>>31552898
cause im not sure if the system would count alolan raichu as a cross gen evo or as a regular raichu, of course it would be legal but i dont know how the system would see it
>>
>>31552898
Surf.
>>
>>31552971
> forgot

GF HATES the Orre games. This is on purpose.
>>
>>31552971
Reminder that BW never had this problem.
>>
My level 3 electrode DORIS passed through fine. Kek.
>>
>>31553056
Neither did XY, so it's a problem with Gen VII.
>>
>>31551040
Game Freak remains completely incompetent. Unleashing 6,000 bans on the day the hack checker went to shit will end very badly
>>
>>31551689
They're changing abilities during transfer as well now. RIP Levitate Gengar
>>
>>31552170
Cartridge games have been having difficulty letting Game Cube Pokémon through for a while now. All my Hitmon's from XD are stuck in gen5 because they can't go through Transporter
>>
>>31552971
>I cant put my Groudon with an Earth Ribbon onto the GTS
This isn't new. Gen6 wouldnt let you do it, and I'm pretty sure gen5 wouldn't either. No idea how much involvemment GF actually had in Collo and XD, but they seem to not count it any more
>>
>>31554019
I recall doing it in gen 6. Either way ribbons blocking trading is a shitty mechanic and goes against the whole trading aspect to begin with
>>
File: 2HcoFpl.gif (216KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2HcoFpl.gif
216KB, 320x240px
So does that mean I can never use gardevoir in the battle tree even though the ralts come from ORAS?
>>
>>31551220
Those HA Island Scan has been fixed now, at least.
>>
Isn't Tri Attack shit on Blissey?
>>
>>31554130
You mostly want the saline grace to proc burn, paralyze or freeze
>>
>>31552170
Psycho Boost Lugia is the OG, got that nigga through hundreds of E4 runs back in the day
>>
>>31554006
That's not how it works...
>>31554155
The Chansey comes with Healer so no Tri Attack is shit on it
>>
>>31551040

>thinking that Japanese Bethesda would actually QC their own game

come on man, it's been twenty years. It's expected of Gamefreak to be incompetent.
>>
They will update the rules to allow it
>>
>>31554053
Are you retarded?
>>
>>31555113
Why aren't they updated already, they had two (2) months to do it since launch.

BW had transferring from the start and never pulled this crap. I could use my XD Pokemon without problems.
>>
>>31554006
Anon.
Gengar doesn't have levitate anymore period.
>>
Is it true that the Day Care in Gen I resets experience to the minimum for a Pokemon's level upon taking it out?
>>
>>31551407
Anon Blissey should never be used to attack anything, it is a waste of its talents.
>>
It's not just with evolution. Whenever you change the moveset of a Pokemon from VC, it automatically makes it illegal for online use. I tested using my untouched Pay Day Pikachu on Battle Spot and Bubble Beam Persian and both worked. Charizard with the standard competitive moveset was denied because Air Slash, Heatwave, and Overheat don't exist in gen one. It's most likely a bug that will be patched.
>>
>>31551312
I hope they add a third gender.
>>
>>31551169
>evolving chansey

literally no point in doing this.
>>
>>31551124
true, but at least they know there's only 2 genders.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.