[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Thread >>30895560 Last time on Egg and Breeding RNG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: rng.png (698KB, 681x2766px) Image search: [Google]
rng.png
698KB, 681x2766px
Last Thread >>30895560
Last time on Egg and Breeding RNG
>Progress
>Python
>Shinies
>'Why was this taken down?'

Looks like the pkhex guy has picked up the rng tool and is making it pretty or something. Time to wait and see.
>>
>not a single link
Shame on you, OP

http://tellu.wpblog.jp/rng-abuse/7thgen-rng-abuse/guide-for-breeding-abuse-on-sunmoon/

https://github.com/rngchan/sun-moon-rng
>>
>>30950263
I made a bunch of mistakes but couldn't delete my thread in a timely manner, sorry for being a shit.
>>
File: 1410487910874.png (45KB, 175x263px) Image search: [Google]
1410487910874.png
45KB, 175x263px
>>30950394
It's okay, at least we have a thread.
>>
Is there any info on a potential alternative to hatching 127 karp eggs to get your seed for non PKHeX'ers? I tried it a few days ago and it was hell. It turned out I made some small mistake somewhere too, so the entire thing got fucked up.
>>
>some asshole took our research and our image to use as clickbait on youtube
>>
File: 20161222_041244-1.jpg (694KB, 2979x1678px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_041244-1.jpg
694KB, 2979x1678px
I'm this guy
>>30918056
just wanted to report in that it worked perfectly
>>
I know that doing this reduces the amount of time to breed other shinies. But is there any way to speed up the process?
>>
has there been a release of the japanese program in english anywhere? i can't for the life of me get this python stuff to work
>>
>>30950659
Actually, has anyone tried to give a fresh egg to someone with pkhex to see if that'll read the seed for the OT? Or would the seed change as it's going to a new cart pre-hatch. I have no idea how all that witchcraft works so anyone have any input? Or want to test it out?
>>
>>30950659
As of this time, no. There is one alternative that could work in theory, but in practice isn't very feasible, which is brute forcing values until you find your seed. It'd go like this:

>Instead of 127, hatch 5 Magikarps, noting down IVs, nature, ability, as much info as possible
>For every possible seed, see if by starting on it you generate the 5 Magikarps you hatched
>Once you get a match, it is very likely you have found your seed
>If more than one seeds match, generate more Magikarps until one of them fails

The problem with this approach is that there are 2^127 possible seeds, which will take a very very long time to go through in order to say for sure what your seed is. If you're lucky, the first seed it tries is the one you are at, but if you're unlucky, it could be the last seed. On average, it will still take 2^126 seeds, which is a lot.

So unless we find a very smart way to determine the internal state of the Tiny Mersenne Twister by observing as few samples as possible, we're stuck with 127 Magikarps. (Currently, we have to observe 127 rolls to figure out the seed, hence the 127 Magikarps)

I could write a brute force script for people to test their luck on, but I think it'd be pointless. Suggestions are welcome.

>>30950995
What exactly isnt working? I can try helping you.

>>30951009
Your seed is bound to your save file, not to your eggs / OT, so I'm afraid that approach will not work.
>>
>>30951060
well at first i thought that there was a problem with my config.txt, but no matter what i do to it i can never get a results.txt to appear... which has me wondering if i've somehow incorrectly installed python
>>
>>30951159
I assume you're on Windows? Do you mind posting your config on a pastebin, to see if there's anything wrong with it? Since no results file is being generated, it sounds like a problem with the config, but it could be a number of different things. You can check if your python installation is okay by clicking the python.exe that came with the install and see if it opens a shell for you to type on (again, assuming windows, which would indicate everything is fine).
>>
>>30951060
I wonder if there's a way to glean more digits of the seed from each magikarp. Would it be posible to fill in a larger amount of the 127 random bits using the rest of the information from each magikarp you hatch?
>>
>>30951296
http://pastebin.com/zfpxGrJ4

seems like python's working fine then, because the shell pops up. to be honest i'm still half expecting the config to be completely mucked up. thank you
>>
So to do the karp factory, you have to do masuda/shiny charm. What if I bred with another shiny? Would that increase chances even further or would it fuck it up? Like say I had a shiny magikarp and a korean ditto and shiny charm. Does it fuck up the process?
>>
>>30951563
shiny status of parents doesn't matter
>>
>>30951428
It works on my machine, which is weird. Do you have the script and the config file in the same directory as the python.exe thing? The config file is clean, and I even got results. I'm on Linux though, so I can't test at all on Windows. You can try this, assuming everything is on the correct directory:

>open python.exe
>type the following: execfile("rng-abuse.py")
>hit enter

What the above does is open a python shell and tell it to run the script with the filepath given. Give it a try, from the results I got your target pokemon is like 18 eggs away.
>>
>>30951596
So it won't increase it even? Damn. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>30951643
i think i have them in the right directory, they're in the same folder where the shell application pops up from

it told me name "execfile" is not defined when i typed that in what you said

i don't think i'll be getting this right anytime soon, but thanks for your help it's much appreciated anyway
>>
>>30952178
Oh, you must have downloaded python 3 then, my bad. I have a bit of bias towards python 2 for working with it for so long, my bad. If you still want to try, use this instead of that execfile:

exec(open("rng-abuse.py").read())

It does the same thing, but it's more verbose. This has gotten unnecessarily complicated, but I really don't know what the issue could be. Sorry about that.

In other news, I'm working on transforming the python script into a web page I could host on github so this overhead of downloading and using python is removed. The problem is, I don't know for the life of me how to make a decent looking page, but I know enough Javascript to make something functional.
>>
Is there a way to "reset" the seed I have if I have zero possible shinies in the foreseeable future?
>>
>>30952650
Not that we know of
>>
>>30952535
If you get a working web version I will love you in the mouth.
>>
>>30952535
i'll download python 2 and give that a bash tomorrow. thanks once again
>>
I fucked up with my karp breeding around the 33rd one, I don't have to do anything special to start over, correct? How exactly does the 127 karps help find the seed, I'm a little dense and am thirsty for knowledge.
>>
>>30949644
>'why was it taken down?'"

Kaphotics had an English version of the Jap tool on GitHub but it seems he took it down.

Looks like the Jap program was updated too with another TSV option, but the guide doesn't say what it's for.
>>
>>30953325
I'm not too well informed on it, but here's my understanding:

When you breed two Magikarps, the game rolls for gender, nature, and nature inheritance, in this order. This last one only happens if both parents are holding an everstone. By observing the inherited nature, we can infer the least significant bit of the resulting number of the tempering function called by TinyMT. You might say we could observe gender instead, since it's also 50/50, but problems arise.

When rolling for gender, the game rolls a number between 0 and 252, then checks if the result is lesser than 126. Meaning, we don't have information on the least significant bit, but rather on the least significant byte. The everstone roll is 0 or 1 roll, meaning it is all about the least significant bit, making it the best choice for this method.

By rejecting an egg and doing the entire process again, we can infer the least significant bit from the next state of the current seed. Repeat this 126 times until you have the 127 consecutive least significant bits from the tempering function.

Since the internal state of the TinyMT PRNG consists of 127 bits, by solving a linear system of equations we can determine the original seed, given the TinyMT parameters. I'm not familiar at all with this process, or why it works. There's probably some documentation on it by some japs. Solving the system gives you your seed, which you should use for manipulating.

Notes:
TinyMT = Tiny Mersenne Twister
PRNG = Pseudo Random Number Generator
Tempering function = Function that takes the TinyMT's internal state, does crazy math and returns a number
>>
What's the max number the RNG could be set at?
>>
>>30953601
Assuming you mean the RNG seed, it's a unsigned 127 bit value, so it can range from 0 to (2^127) - 1, which is roughly 10^38.
>>
File: 1480653082235.png (161KB, 302x491px) Image search: [Google]
1480653082235.png
161KB, 302x491px
>>30953595
Witchcraft
>>
>>30953787
You have no idea how much wizardry goes on while you're playing your fancy little game on your fancy little console. You start appreciating games and computer stuff a lot more when you know just how much work is needed to make the computer behave like expected instead of it going on an uncontrollable schizo frenzy.

But on the topic of finding your seed without hatching 127 karps, I spent the last few hours trying to squeeze something useful out of knowing a pokemon's PID, but to no avail. If it weren't for IVs being generated in some shitty way, we could try figuring out every roll an egg makes and working with that, but even that seems unlikely. I don't know, am out of ideas and it's 5am.
>>
Anyone know if segments of the 127 bit value ever repeats? I just fucked up again and starting over each time makes me bleed from my eyes.
>>
>>30953416
the tsv option is basically a secondary TSV database, TSV.txt just stores entries of plaintext TSVs you'd be fine trading the egg to if it were to become shiny for that TSV.

>>30953416
The author said he was uploading the source code asked me to take down the decompiled translation and fork & reupdate.
>>
>>30949644
>Looks like the pkhex guy has picked up the rng tool and is making it pretty or something. Time to wait and see.

Are you telling about me?
>>
>>30951159
On the github page, click on the config file on the site, and then copy and paste the corrrectly formatted version from there. For some reason the download version comes without the correct spacing, which causes it to fail. Same thing was happening to me and that fixed it.
>>
>>30957137
no
>>
>>30957137
nvm, he was telling about kaphotics
>>
>>30957398
learn english or shut the fuck up
>>
>>30957835
i didn't mispelled anything wrong, correct me
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.