[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Reborn: Episode 16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 132

It's happening again

>What is this thread?
Almost two years ago, /vp/ expressed interest in a fangame called Pokemon Reborn. A person called Notm played through it and posted screencaps here, exposing some less than stellar writing and game design. Keks were had. I joined him in playing through the game, but his savefile got corrupted, so I'm the only one left. We last left off at Episode 15, which was posted around one and a half years back.

Recently, Episode 16 was released, which will be what this topic covers,

Unfortunately, the previous archive owner was retarded and did not keep backups when the server got corrupted, so although the old posts and thumbnails are still up, the screencaps are gone. The last part posted started with this thread, and links to earlier threads are there as well:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/23563929/
>>
>What is this game?

From the (old) site itself:
>Pokemon Reborn pushes the envelope of the Pokemon series. Experience a never-before-seen layer of strategy with the all-original Field Effects, using the terrain to outplay and overwhelm your opponent! Collect, train and battle with all 721 Pokemon available in-game! And take on Gym Leaders of all 18 types as you fight to restore Reborn to prosperity!

If only it were that simple. For our newcomers I'm going to post a few choice screencaps to deminstrate how this got into /vp/ infamy.

This is an example of character design. This... man is a flaming bisexual who constantly flirts wih the player, to the point where it could be considered sexual harassment. In spite of all this he's one ofthe more bearable characters in the game. Make of that what you will.
>>
File: recap2.png (383KB, 792x1264px) Image search: [Google]
recap2.png
383KB, 792x1264px
Like any Pokemon game, handy lessons for cis scum on proper pronoun use suddenly pops out of the blue in the middle of exploring a dungeon.
>>
File: recap 4.png (716KB, 792x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 4.png
716KB, 792x1896px
And if that's not your thing, have some ebin, funny, masterfully written comedy. Epic, simply epic.
>>
File: recap 3.png (297KB, 792x1580px) Image search: [Google]
recap 3.png
297KB, 792x1580px
The real point where the game jumped the shark, though, is about 4 hours in when a gym leader tells you to watch him to commit suicide. No, really.

Even worse is that this was based off real events, which I will elaborate on later.
>>
File: recap 1.png (688KB, 792x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 1.png
688KB, 792x1896px
It almost happens again too, when a gym leader suddenly find out her lesbian lover never loved her at all, so she tries to jump off a waterfall to her death. Nothing in this is exaggerated, by the way.
>>
>>30769390
>i'm neither
this gonna be good
>>
>>30769418
I wonder how many suicides there will be in the final version of the game.
>>
>>30769479
In the game or caused by it?
>>
Is this better or worse than SM?
>>
>>30769390
>>30769382
>can't get past half way through the second image

I'm sorry
>>
File: 1.png (122KB, 1188x658px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
122KB, 1188x658px
Because the archive died, new readers can't join us on this wild ride as easily as before, but I'll try my best to summarise the game's story so far.

Basically you enter the Reborn Region, a polluted fucking shithole with a league of super special gym leaders. Along the way, we meet up with the evil team of this game, Team Meteor, who are revealed to be responsible for the city turning to shit because they want to ""purify"" it. We also meet up with an Arceus cult, which worship a meteor in shrien deep below the city, and when the links between the cult and Team Meteor are revealed we slowly put together their motivation to create a new world.

But we're just an adventuing trainer, so that shouldn't bother us. We hope.

In this update, the PULSEdex and Fielddex are added. PULSEs are megas, but story-wise, pokemon that got supercharged to do evil shit by the evil team. Field effects are the bigger gimmick, and bascially every fight yakes place on a special field that has different effects. Because we're upgrading from a previous version, the game gives us all the info automatically.

>>30769492
SM are great Pokemon games, but I daresay this is better than XY. Well, anything's better than XY
>>
>>30769390
>>>>>>and a little bit turned on
>>
>>30769492
Depends on which flavor of linear story you want. One thing that I'll give reborn is that it's quite challenging, bordering on bullshit occasionally. I prefer tolerable characters, so I'd say SM are better.
>>
File: 2.png (386KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
386KB, 792x1585px
>>30769510
Just sit back and relax.

This is more a recap for previous readers, I've put the PULSEs here in the order they were encountered. We never actually fought PULSE Camerupt and PULSE Garbodor is completely optional, for those who don't remember them.
>>
>straight character and gay character both commit suicide
At least it's equal opportunity and representation suicide
>>
>>30769547
I'm anxiously awaiting the upcoming sequence of events, OP. Keep it coming.
>>
File: pulse sprite.png (25KB, 802x615px) Image search: [Google]
pulse sprite.png
25KB, 802x615px
>>30769520
That's Cain for you. Despite or because of this he's the most tolerable character for a long while.

A collection of PULSE sprites. I forgot what it stands for, but functionally they're special story enemy-only megas.
>>
>>30769404
Someone wrote this. This got by multilple pre readers and beta testers, who all thought "wow, this is something I would like to see on my Pokemon adventure!"
>>
>>30769627
Tangtowth and Abraham look alright.
>>
>>30769631
one girl made the game up to that point though
>>
>>30769627
>abra

Literally why though
>>
>>30769547
How do you manage to outedge the SM dex

How
>>
>>30769511
>Reborn
>better than XY

No. XY is still better than this shitfest. Having almost nothing but characters no one can remember is better than having almost nothing
but characters everyone who plays the game hates.

But this isn't the time for that talk. This is the time to mock garbage fangame plots and facepalm at sheer stupidity.
>>
File: 3.png (31KB, 528x423px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
31KB, 528x423px
This is the field dex, for the longest time there was no info on the game's biggest gimmick in-game and you had to see what they were like on the website or readme. At least this is useful.

because thy're now ingame, field effects have been taken off the website, but you can see what they're like here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161027173835/http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/fields.html

>>30769670
I like the SM dex, it's not """edgy""", it reads like a nature documentary and adds life to the setting. It's not fitting to call it that at all.
>>
>>30769684
Not him, but between the so bad it's good cast and plot and the steeper difficulty you could argue it's better than XY without wifi
>>
>>30769670
>SM
>edgy

Probably the most cartoony dex
>>
File: 1481567313128.jpg (8KB, 256x244px) Image search: [Google]
1481567313128.jpg
8KB, 256x244px
If this is what being reborn is like, then I'm quite content with just being born once, if that's okay with everyone.
>>
File: 4.png (208KB, 792x317px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
208KB, 792x317px
Anywaym, have a reintroduction to the team. In the box are HM slaves and reserves, and my current main team in my party. The main challenge of the game also comes from how hard it is to get pokemon that aren't trash, so for the longest time you have to make do with sub 400 BST pokedex filler while everyone and their mother throws pseudolegends at you.

Golurk is the main addition to the team this time, mainly for Fly and STAB earthquake. Serperior was my starter, and continues to carry the team.

Gyarados and Gastly are no longer available, and only obtainable if you manipulate your save to go back to versions where they wre available, unfortuantely. Gyarados truly is an ingame monster, but banning Gengar is dumb.
>>
I'm getting annoyed with how she's constantly pushing her xem/xer progressive agenda. Copters are not people

>>30769390
Why did you remind me
>>
File: 5.png (39KB, 528x423px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
39KB, 528x423px
This is the map of the region, though the yellow part is clearly unfinished. Admittedly it's pretty, but not very practical. To continue with the events of this version, we have to Fly back to Reborn City, the huge complex that takes up about a quarter of the map.

>>30769794
At this point I'm not even sure if it's the dev's agenda. I'll get to that part later.
>>
>>30769770
What does Earthquake offer in a game with climate and environmental effects?
>>
>>30769641
For what it is, I think it's an impressive effort, it's just to what end? Some of the mechanics seem cool and the plot could be kinda fun if they went the Super Mario Sunshine route with the hero cleaning up the region as they collected gym badges. Right now the writing just seems kinda melodramatic.

Not sure about the balance issues, as this is the first of these threads i've seen.
>>
For a bit of context, Reborn City used to look like this, with brown filthy water and cracked buildings and streets. Basically a shithole. A little bit in we reveal that the evil Team was literally the one responsible for polluting it for fuckknows what reason, which is why I nickname the then-leader of the evil team Captain Pollution.

>>30769819
Earthquake can break some fields, IIRC. and it's a powerful move to have.
>>
>>30769745
You have to complete this game in one sitting to be reincarinated
>>
>>30769770
>continues to carry the team

Contrary I assume?
>>
File: 6.png (444KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
444KB, 792x951px
>>30769852
As of now, however, that has changed. When we fly back to Rebon City, suddenly it actually looks pretty good. Everyone's put together their efforts to make it not shit under the leadership of a person called Adrienn.

That is the same Adrienn as shown in >>30769390

His/her/something's story is that they got stuck in a time warp below the city several years ago and so only a few minutes passed for them until we managed to get them out. Apaprently while they were around the city wasn't shit, so they had the motivation to put it back together.

>>30769876
Yeah, of course.
>>
>>30769390
>>30769392
Well you won me over, where can I find this game?
>>
>>30769913
The public release still only is up to the previous episode, but if you register on the forums, you can get the new release as well.

http://www.rebornevo.com/
>>
>>30769913
there's also a fan mod out for episode 16 that adds in the alola starters to the mix, but nothing else
even has their signature moves apparently
>>
File: 7.png (71KB, 792x317px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
71KB, 792x317px
Anyway, just about everyone tells us to go to the city grand hall, so we do. Here we meet up with none other than Ame herself, the self-insert of the lead developer. This character is the owneer and manage of the pokemon league of this region, which might be the worst fucking organized pokemon league ever. To recap, our leaders included:

Kids locked up in mental institutions that aren't even allowed to accept challengers unless the orphanage owner allows it, and even then said orphanage owneer is an insane doctor obsessed with giving electroshock therapy
A possibly mentally ill cosplayer who didn't understand her own type
Suicidal deadbeat fathers
Three of them who are also employed by a circus who won't allow you to battle them unless you pay up for a pass to do so, which for some reason doesn't get them disqualified for conflicts of interest
And as of the last episode, people willing to use their pokemon to murder others in cold blood

This is one very fucked up league. Oh ,and the fact that the ownever is a self-insert.
>>
So how many badges are there supposed to be in this once it's done, 16?

How long before we start getting fangames that do stuff in the vein of SM's Island Trials instead of gyms?
>>
>>30769390
The lesson to be gleaned from this, using only information from the panels?
Yes there are other genders, but the stereotypes about them all being nothing more than degenerates are nothing but true.
>>
>>30769720
>arguing for an edgy tumblrina crap game with disgusting catch rates, npc's that cheat on-par with the battle tree, unbearable characters, and a somewhat interesting plot ruined by terrible ideas thrown on top and poor execution

You would have to hate X and Y to a truly autistic degree. And news flash: X/Y were okay.
>>
>>30769984
You forgot to mention that a bunch of the leaders who become your "friends" disappear off the face of the planet meaning nobody else can challenge them.

>>30770006
18, one for every type. 14 are currently obtainable.
>>
File: 8.png (224KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
224KB, 792x951px
Two familliar names. Bennett was a bug trainer who was a complete beta obsessed with stalking one of the gym leaders and had creepy rapey dialogue until we beat him up and told him to fuck off, then he joined up with the leader of the Arceus cult and became much more creepy and fucked up.

Laura is the sister of some of the kids who were previously locked up in the orphanage of electric rape and a memeber of the E4, but several episodes ago we found her crying about being dismissed from the Elite 4. So clearly something fishy is going on, but that's all we're told for now.

>>30770006
Soon, I hope. Island trials are much more interestign as a concept.
>>
>>30769404
The real bullshit with this scene is that he doesn't give you a fucking badge before he kills himself.
Fucking self-entitled faggot.
>>
>>30770068
Apparently, once a gym leader dies, their badge is null and void anyway, as shown by the 1st fighting gym leader.
>>
File: 8 1.png (238KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
8 1.png
238KB, 792x951px
anyway, we're todl to gether three people. Victoria is one of our old rivals who used a monofighting team, and for a while fought us before every leader. It got really fucking stupid when whe tried to stop us from battling her sensei, who was dying of an illness, even though all we wanted was the strangth HM to save some kids about to get brought back to the rape orphanage and the sensei was too stubborn to just give it to use. So yeah. Since her sensei died and she took over the school we haven't seen her in forever.

I have no idea who the fuck DJ Arclight is and I don't remember his name even being mentioned earlier in the game, and the last guy is Adrienn him/her/it/theirselves.

>lol you know them just search through a city half the size of a region for them :)

Fuck you

>>30770042
XY's dialogue had me cringing almost as hard, honestly. And the retarded scene of Lysandre dramatically shedding tears to show he's a good guy even though he just said he was going to exterminate all Pokemon was really fucking stupid. But eh.
>>
>>30770161
>DJ Arclight

Wasn't he the guy that greeted you at the fancy "champions only" club next to the giant hole in the bridge? I don't remember if you actually went to see that but I remember it being a thing you could do.
>>
File: 9.png (1MB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
1MB, 792x1268px
First we look for Adrienn at fis gym, since it's them ost obvious place. Gys busy with organizing the restoration work.

>people adress xim by hxu proper pronoun Mx.
>hyz calls the nice people 'Mr.' and "Ms.'

WYR IS ASSUMING THEIR GENDERS
TRIGGERED
>>
>>30769824
>Not sure about the balance issues, as this is the first of these threads i've seen.
Mainly, there are nothing but shitmons to catch for a very, very long time (To the point that shit like Technician Persian and Lightingrod Seaking are relatively OP), grinding is fucking hell, because not only are most random encounters with aforementioned shitmons with shit exp multipliers, but they are also usually GSC tier underlevelled. The gym leaders and important fights usually have a terrain advantage, sometimes with bullshit effects (Think, "This terrain makes Meditate boost Attack by 3, makes Fighting moves never miss, and by the way here's the fighting gym, then this terrain fucks off and never returns), and if your own pokemon break the level cap determined by your badge, they stop listening, like they were traded. (There are common candies to help remedy this)

So basically, the only way to win is to either play xtreme bullshit yourself (EZ chicken curbstomps the game), or spend over 3000 hours grinding up perfect counters for everything.
Oh, and you usually only get shitty TMs.
>>
>>30770192
Yeah, he also had a part in the lucky egg sidequest
>>
>>30770194
>steinsman
>finesilver
>>
>>30770161
>Victoria is one of our old rivals who used a monofighting team, and for a while fought us before every leader. It got really fucking stupid when whe tried to stop us from battling her sensei, who was dying of an illness, even though all we wanted was the strangth HM to save some kids about to get brought back to the rape orphanage and the sensei was too stubborn to just give it to use.
I fucking remember this. God I hate that bitch.
>>
>>30770194
>Mx. Adrienn

Sounds like a good name for a DJ
>>
The amount of edgy bullshit that finds itself into these rom hacks and fangames is really, really fucking weird.

It's so prevalent, I don't get it. Pokemon of all things.
>>
>>30770260
Do you remember Pokemon sprite animations?
>>
File: 10.png (2MB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
2MB, 792x1902px
Anyway, they're really happy about the work they've done to make the city not shit.

>>30770204
I think there are rebattleable trainers to make the grinding perfect counters less of a chore. Rejuvenation, for all it's flaws as a somehow more retarded knockoff of this game, has high xp yield trainers in every town so you can grind up a new Pokemon within minutes.

>>30770192
I only remember talking to him once, and that's it.

>>30770260
Same logic with sonic and other kiddy franchises. kids who grow up feel a need to make their favourite things cooler.
>>
>>30770033
X and Y were just so bonding

Like nothing fucking memorable happened, I can at least laugh while I play this
>>
File: 1475266260571.jpg (77KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475266260571.jpg
77KB, 400x240px
>>30769392

How can you take something as simple as a memelord antagonist and fuck it up?
>>
>>30770296
boring

Not bonding

I like ORAS though
>>
>>30770296
literally the only memorable things for me about x/y are the fireworks, lysandre's death and trevor LITERALLY NEVER HAVING MORE POKEMON IN HIS DEX THAN YOU DESPITE THE DEX BEING HIS MAIN GOAL

gamefreak dropped the ball hard with the "rivals" in x/y
>>
>>30770320
>rivals were designed to show you how there are different people in the world
>all 3 side rivals full the same role

How is this the same company that made Cheren and Bianca?

>yfw they stand for Black and White
>>
File: 11.png (971KB, 792x1892px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
971KB, 792x1892px
Now, next to find Victoria. Since the water in the city is clean and can be surfed on now, I decide to try going over to he school she's taken over. On the way, I find two incredibly rare and valuable Pokemon.

No, really, Tentacool is only avalaible before now as a mystery egg as a 1/18 chance and you can't reset for it. To be fair, it's because Tentacruel is a really strong Pokemon, and Mantine soon will be. The lack of decent water Pokemon on this game really gets on my nerves though.

This volcano top was the first time we fought a superboss, a level 75 garchomp. I used a Mastermite to kill it, and it became my Magnezone. Also where Victoria's sensei died a horrible death.

>>30770312
Same, gameplay is shit but a lot more things went right than most people credit

>>30770320
>I-I'VE NEVER WATCHED FIREWORKS WITH A BOY BEFORE AM I KAWAII UGUU
God what the fuck were they thinking
>>
File: 12.png (365KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
365KB, 792x1585px
Some more exploring north of the city, where the desert stretches out. We're probably going there next episode.

And an NPC who.. oh dear.
>>
>>30770357
ORAS falls into the mediocre category of games, but if it had more time and less Masuda trickery it probably would have been top 5 contender
>>
>>30770386
*mediocre/average=still fun

>>30770357
I always have that one gateway waifu coppypasta ready for people losing Shauna
>>
>>30770400
Gateway waifu copypasta?
>>
File: 13.png (674KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
674KB, 792x1902px
Anyway, we finally find Victoria, mourning her former master, Kiki, in the cemetary.

Bascially, while we were with the kids from the orphanage trying to escape the city, an earthquake triggered that seperated us and they got kidnapped by the evil team again. As for why the evil team wanted them, it's because they hold some super powerful jewelry that is the key to arceus or something, and for some reason they hired the orphanage owner, Edmund Connal or something, to join them. I nicknameds him Dr Electrorape.

So anyway to reach the kids and save them from being brought back into the rapehouse we needed the strength HM, but the bitch of a sensei said no because it's only offered to graduating students and it would be disrespectful, you know, if I was given it so I could go and save a few lives or something. Then we follow a stupid dramatic questline that ends with one of her students outed as a traitor, her being decapitated by a garchomp and Victoria overtaking the school, so yeah.
>>
>>30770442
Dr Electrorape did nothing wrong.
>>
Whatever happened to that loli from the beginning you had to rescue at one point?
>>
>>30770432
Shauna is a gateway waifu of the worst kind. She's a bad character, a clusterfuck of peppiness and slutiness that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and BROWNNESS. The normal anon can see her as the shit she is, and may enjoy her, hate her or be indifferent to her, but all the while recognizing that she, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable neckbearded faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. She's a retard moe character that tries her hardest to look cute, the flirting, skimpy, revealing clothes, the whole "I've never watched fireworks alone with a boy before" faggotry and everything about Shauna fuels their escapist fantasies, while her non-existant character background, emphasis on her young looks, and overall slutiness makes her fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average neckbeard and his sense of wanting to fuck an underage girl. Exactly the kind of shit that makes sweaty neckbeards and pedophile retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Shauna is basically THE waifu to attract the most hated waifufag fanbase known to /vp/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this character and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Shauna threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

There's been more variations lately
>>
Brief interlude to discuss something I only recently found out.

Back in those threads someone mentioned that an 'IRL' Kiki and Corey (the guy who suicided in >>30769404) died in ways similar to those depicted in game. It turns out that this game is actually based on an ancient forum/Pokemon online server RP dating back to at least 2010, which helps to explain why the characters are as ridiculous as they are. It was originally hosted on a website caleld poke-place, but it has since died when they moved to the current site.

Some people would RP as gym leaders and an E4 and people would battle them using Pokemon online or other simulators, and as of today they continue to do so on Showdown. The game itself was a small project of Amethyst, one of the staff back then, that only came out in 2012, and slowly grew bigger.

So IRL Corey and Kiki were roleplayers who died because of suicide and nephritis complications from systemic lupus erythematosus .

Putting them in your game seems liek a less than stellar way of honouring their memories.

Sources:
http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/465-to-the-staff-and-members-2/#comment-7840
http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1054-new-leaders-down-time/
>>30770464
>free the kids
>one of them keeps going on and on about her spirit vision
>the other sees no problem with arson

We only found out too late, I'm sorry Dr Electrorape

>>30770481
Salamence girl? rescued
>>
>>30769326
>Almost two years ago
Fuck, that can't be right.
>Sun 01 Feb
Damn, not even two more months.

Anyway, you're in luck if you want to see the old screenshots. I'm something of a storytime hoarder, and managed to save almost everything. I missed one of the earlier threads due to the odd numbering back then (the second number 6, I think?). And then I completely missed the last two threads from Jun. Still, better than nothing I guess. Unfortunately, my knowledge of current easy small hosting sites is pretty bad. Anyone have a suggestion for a place to throw up an archive of, most, of the original screenshots?
>>
>>30770506
>the oldest recorded saying of "gateway waifu" in /vp/ was back in 2013 2 weeks after XY came out refering to Shauna
>>
>>30770506
I think I saw a variation about Lillie or some shit like that.
>>
>>30770320
Someone in a XY vs SM thread a few days ago summed it up pretty well. XY told but never showed. You were told about how Lysandre was (and on the surface is pretending to be) this nice philanthropist guy but only see the seething contempt for the filth destroying his perfect world without any pretense at pretending. You're told that there's a blackout in Lumioise City and thus can't explore all of it during your first visit, but behind the barricades impeding your path you can see all the lights are still on. You get told about how Diantha is an amazing movie star but not once does the game mention any movies she's been in. You're told things and expected to believe them when the game then gives zero evidence to support those things.

In SM, you're being shown rather than told. Lillie doesn't say outright she had a bad upbringing thanks to her mother being a worse parent than Ghetis, but you can piece it together throughout the game from parts of her (and Gladion's) dialogue even before the familial link between her and Lusamine is confirmed. You never are told anything about Lana's personality, leaving you surprised when she tricks you into entering the trial site without warning (and cursing her for lying about Kyogre being in the local lake). You're never explicitly told Gumza had a horrible upbringing, you instead (optionally!) find his house, hear the awful implications from his abusive father, and see the bent golf clubs.

This is why basically no one from XY can be remembered for shit and why SM's cast is much more liked and memorable.
>>
File: 14.png (591KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
591KB, 792x1585px
>>30770442
>>30770534
Anyway, next up in the cemetary we find this Team Metoer grunt. He complains about how his partner died when he was part of an assault on a house we were defending becase the evil team really, REALLY wanted to kidnap the girls.

I'm not sure if I should feel very bad for him if he was the one who made the intelligent decision to join an evil terrorist religious cult. I might, it sucks, but what were you expecting?

>>30770559
I have my screenshots, but not notm's (the original guy)
>>
File: 15.png (695KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
695KB, 792x1902px
The terrorists who promise you a paradise if you die for them sure seem trustworthy, yep yep.

After his old waifu died, he found an ew waifu, and now he's conflicted.
>>
>>30770587
>I have my screenshots, but not notm's (the original guy)
Then I'm only missing one of those. Looks like Notm did up until this thread, right?
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/22739463/
>>
File: 16.png (706KB, 792x1929px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
706KB, 792x1929px
Lots of dialogue choices are in the game like this that can influence events later, but I don't believe this is a major one. I tell him that he's retarded for believing that. He the takes off his uniform and leaves.

Hey, at least Meteor doesn't fucking steal the souls of their grunts if they quit like Team Xen from Rejuvenation. He's got a decent deal.

>>30770626
More or less. We alternated between gyms until his save died, but I forgot where.
>>
>>30769801
By far the ugliest map I've ever seen
Sure it's kinda detailed but everything sorta clashes and looks bleh.

And I'm not even talking about the unfinished shit.
>>
>>30770581
Also, what fireworks scene? Did they seriously make something that cheesy and dumb that forgettable?

God how is XY such a blur to me when I played it so recently? I played B2W2 back in 2012 and still remember stuff like the Elesa gym fakeout (oh you thought it was the same gym as back in BW1? Nope, go next door and prepare for your stage debut!) or DOGARS. Meanwhile I played XY back in early November and about 90% of the game has already disappeared from my memory.

>>30770291
>Rejuvenation
>more retarded knockoff of this game
How is that even possible?
>>
>>30770581
>e
The one exception to this is Malva, who you are utterly surprised by a few weeks later, since the game had you so used to spoonfeeding you wern't expecting literally who to show up as an E4 member.
>>
File: 17.png (610KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
610KB, 792x951px
These are the graves with names on them, for recap purposes. Except Kiki's which is occupied by Victoria so we can read it till later.

Monty and Caroline Belrose are the paresnts of some of Dr Electrorape's orphans, Zina is presumably the wife of suicide man. Elizabeth Connal is the dead wife of doctor electrorape and her death somehow tiggered his interest in electric rape. the policeman is some npc earlier in the game.

>>30770676
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/24654343/#24654343

Archive also fucking died, I have half a mind to email the owner and ask if they'll replace the pictures if I provide them.

Imagine reborn, but made by a single waifu-obsessed weeaboo who believes the pinnacle of characterisation is depicted in his moeshit. Fuck, even the name is a ripoff of Reborn, it's a fucking synonym.
>>
>>30770657
Not true. There was one point where you're teamed up with Aya and you fight one of the recurring pairs of admins in one of the cave lairs where the boss eats one of the souls of them with a Chandelure.
>>
>>30770657
>We alternated between gyms
Oh right, it's all coming back to me. It's a little late where I am now, but I'll go through the archives to figure out what was what and throw Notm's up in an archive somewhere tomorrow.
>>
>>30770657
>I can't take it anymore.
You weren't kidding about the suicide possibilities.
>>
File: 18.png (547KB, 396x951px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
547KB, 396x951px
>>30770752
Yeah, but she didn't just quit, she outright sabotaged them. That's a little more reason at least.

>>30770657
And this is the dialogue if you say yes to him.
>>
>>30770581
Yeah, playing through Y, I cringed at most of the dialogue and just stomached it to get to the postgame.

Playing through Sun, there were a couple points where I nearly teared up. I was not expecting a Pokemon game to touch on abusive parents, especially not as a major plot point.
>>
File: 19.png (543KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
543KB, 792x1268px
Since I had no idea who or where this DJ Arclight person is, I just explored everywhere in the city. the old pollution factory is now a homeless shelter, there's construction work. The rape orphange is abadoned, and if you explore you can find the TM for low sweep. considering you'll be needing 70+ BP moves at this level, this isn't too useful. Thanks a lot.

Praise le helix xD

>>30770581
This is very true. Feels like GF did learn a lot from XY.

>>30770793
Lusamine thoroughly disgusted me. Hit too close to home.
>>
>>30770835
>rape orphanage
I just joined in on the reading, what the fuck did that edgelord put in the game for you to name that place that way?
>>
File: 20.png (575KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
575KB, 792x1902px
>xem
anyway, I give up and look aroudn the forums and I finally find this literal who. Apparently Team Metoer still has a base in the city. He got in from an ""anonymous tip"" Hmm, I can't see this turning out bad at all.
>>
File: 22.png (414KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
414KB, 792x1902px
And a convenient explanation for why there was no fairy leader until we found tumblrman.

>>30770854
It's an exaggeration, but bascially the orphanage owner is some crazy fuck obsessed with electroshock treatments and outright torturing his wards, as described in
>>30769984
>>
>>30770855
Yeah Arclight only appears in certain side quests before this point. So its no surprise that many players didn't know of him. He gives the Lucky Egg for buying out all the Pokemon from 7th Street.
>>
>>30770751
RIP ociffer corlwie
>>
>>30770854
An orphanage where Dr. Electrorape captures snowflake children, and true to his name, electrorapes them until they break.
Or start smoking behind the school. one of the two.
>>
File: 23.png (420KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
420KB, 792x1585px
So now that we've gathered the party , turns out that the Devon corporation building is likely to be a Metoer bas,e because they didn't want to donate money to restoration work and are mean, or something.

>>30770884
Cool, that would have been useful. I heard it was changed to an xp share though.
>>
File: 24.png (493KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
493KB, 792x1585px
>orphanage lets the ownever do whatever he wants with the kids
>pokemon league is full of AWOL people
>>>>>a fucking multinational company can get impersonated here

Is
Is Reborn city some kind of African-tier shithole where crinimal rings can put up conterfeit offices? What the fuck?

Entire counterfeit embassies have existed to sell passports and visas by the way, fun fact. It existed for over a decade in Ghana.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38209665
>>
>>30770793
Same here. Lusamine hit way too close to home, as did Guzma.
>>
File: 25.png (403KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
25.png
403KB, 792x1585px
>>30770945
Oh, and, Lin is apparently the true leader of Team Meteor now, and has a Hydreigon as her signature pokemon and is like, super evil or something. One of the girls we rescued from the orphange had some kind of soul vision and could see friendships as literal strings binding people, but could not see Lin at all. So maybe she's literally soulless or something.

Anyway, looks like self-insert is joining us as well, because
Wait
She's the champion?

>MAKE SELF-INSERT OF YOURSELF
>MAKE YOURSELF CHAMPION OF THE LEAGUE OF SUPER SPECIAL OCS

BRAVO AME
>>
File: 1472704118290.jpg (8KB, 341x290px) Image search: [Google]
1472704118290.jpg
8KB, 341x290px
>>30770881
>>30770886
What the fuck is this game

I mean, props to the maker for keeping up with the game's development, but between Dr. Pence, xe/xim/xir snowflakes, like 3+ people killing themselves on-screen, an Arceus cult and God knows what else I can't help but to be gleefully confused
>>
File: 26.png (499KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
26.png
499KB, 792x1902px
So anyway, the plan is for us to split up. Some enter through the frotn and others enter through the basement, simple enough.

Victoria won't shut up about her sensei.

>>30770981
I took me a long while to understand the basis of this game, but I wrote it down here
>>30770534

Imagine a couple of teenagers in a Pokemon RP and they want to make a fanfic out of it, except they made a game instead.
>>
>>30770973
Yeah Lin appeared for ~5 seconds during the whole Giant Steelix portion of the game and said an edgy one liner.
>>
>>30770981
Oh, the best part is that it is mostly done by one person, who has a self-insert character.
Who totally isn't the most important character in the story.

There are not even words to describe it. It's beautiful in a way. Nauseating, but beautiful.
>>
>>30771010
>Devon event
I'm staying up just for you to post this, man. I'm super hype.
>>
File: 27.png (294KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
27.png
294KB, 792x951px
>>30771010
We enter the underground, collect some items and have to solve a puzzle to find our way in. X items cannot be bought, only found, because they are the most fucking powerful items in-game. I haven't used any, though.

>>30771016
>>30771039
Oh boy, wait for it
>>
File: 28.png (410KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
28.png
410KB, 792x1268px
As we approach the meeting place, an Absol presents itself to us. Hmm, what did they mean by this? Really makes you think
>>
>>30771048
Oh, I know exactly what happens. That's why I'm super hype.
>>
>>30770973
>Besides, as the champion, I can't just do nothing, right?
>It's not something I like to TOSS around or brag about.
Wow.
>>
>>30771010
Holy shit, holyy shit omfg, I mean, I guess good for them for trying to honor their deceased friends but at the same time this is literally the most cringeworthy "IN MEMORY OF" I've ever seen.
>>
File: 29.png (571KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
29.png
571KB, 792x1585px
Oh fuck it was a trap and they were prepared, shit who could have seen this coming

We face off against two relatively new trainer classes, the New World Orderly. This is a tag battle, and I send out Gardevoir while partner sends out Gallade, which would be cool if I didn't dislike her. We sweep them.
>>
File: Untitled.png (65KB, 687x651px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65KB, 687x651px
>>30769390
Pretty sure they removed that in later versions. Pic related.

Though I will admit that was fucking stupid and should have never been put in the game to begin with.
>>
>>30771099
>New World Orderly
God fucking dammit. That's terrible.
>>
>>30771099
That terrain thing seems cool but at the same time it seems like a pain in the ass to have to memorize what all of them do, especially if many of them are just a one-time thing like in the Fighting gym you mentioned
>>
File: 30.png (581KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
30.png
581KB, 792x1902px
So they were former rape orphanage workers, and it's our fault we shut doen their kiddy torture fun time and now they have to join up with terrorists to get a job. Boo hoo.

oh, and things went horribly wrong, what a surprise.

>>30771110
Interesting, I guess they figured it was a little too retarded. Really, if they wanted to make the fairy gym leader a transhumanist figure like Ometeotl or Harihara, or Vivec in The Elder Scrolls which honestly is a cool concept, they should turn it to fucking shit with pronoun bullshit.
>>
>>30771137
Shouldn't, I mean.
>>
File: 31.png (408KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
31.png
408KB, 792x1268px
Y-yeah, they'll be fineHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30771141
I think this game might be rotting your mind, man, Lovecraft style. Make sure to take breaks and chant your desummoning poems.
>>
>>30771145
>>30771149

OP needs this
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-the-Lesser-Banishing-Ritual-of-the-Pentagram
>>
>>30771178
PRAY THE EDGE AWAY
>>
File: 32.png (732KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
732KB, 792x1902px
So the floor here is filled with shock panels, and everytime you step on them any pokemon that aren't ground type get damage. This is why I need Golurk here. Haven't tested if lightningrod works too.

The light panels are safe to step on, so you need to press A to signal to DJ Arclight switch the panels around to find a safe path.

>>30771149
>>30771178
Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine. I think.
>>
>>30771048
I haven't been this hype for a play since Nigger was on the verge of the great ruse of Soul Nomad. I'm nibbling my fingernails here!
>>
File: 33.png (677KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
33.png
677KB, 792x1902px
Coulple more New World Orderlies and Victoria is clearly mad. Apparently they were given info about us and one of them decides he wants to make her as mad as possible.

One of them continues to try and be a le epik trolle after we beat up his Pokemon, so she punches him.
>>
File: 34.png (340KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
340KB, 792x1585px
Interrupting her boo hoo so sad speech
>>
>>30771226
Whoops
Interrupting her boo hoo so sad speech, suddenly the xist seals in the next path and the walls start closing in. She stays behind, using her Emboar to hold the path open for us we we go on ahead. Thanks, I guess.
>>
File: 35.png (458KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
35.png
458KB, 792x1268px
HOLY SHIT THE ANONYMOUS TIP WAS A TRAP WHAT A TWEEEEST
>>
>>30771226
Oh man, it's getting close to the time. I'm on the verge of my seat.
>>
>>30771247
Damn who would have thought to trust the anons
>>
File: 36.png (256KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
256KB, 792x1268px
>she found %e

For a moment, I legit thought he had just invented a new pronoun to use on himself. But yeah, Arclight got himself caught, and there's no next step in our master plan. With no one to switch the floor panels for us we step on this electrified one, but suddenly this one is much stronger, and we black out. Oh shit.
>>
>>30771253
I'm new to all this but if it's as good as all this other shit I'll wait before shoving off to bed.
>>
>>30771271
I'm completely behind on all, forgot pretty much everything from the original threads, and really have no idea what's going on, but I can feel something approaching.
>>
>>30771277
You will not be disappointed, anon. Nice dubs, btw.
>>
File: 37.png (450KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
37.png
450KB, 792x1268px
We wake up in a cell, providing us with a Pokemon healing machine and a PC. How nice of them.

We get out of the cell, and find ourselves locked in cages overlooking a battlefield of some kind. Victoria's trapped, too.

>>30771277
You have no idea
>>
>>30771271
> ^n^
>>
File: 38.png (445KB, 792x1199px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
445KB, 792x1199px
And now, Lin herself appears. She gives her evil gloating speech, and tells us that we get out we have to fuck each other up, and the loser suffers a 'penalty'. Oh dear.
>>
Is there gonna be more of our favorite rival, Fern? I wanna see more of his butthurt.
>>
File: 39.png (469KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
469KB, 792x1268px
Nice to see Victoria is so concerned about me she has no reservations about me suffering some kid of horrible fate. Oh well.
>>
>>30771311
What kind of pronouns are these.
>>
File: 40.png (807KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
40.png
807KB, 792x1268px
So, we fight. trainer class, Apprentice.

Last I remembered she had a monofighting team, so I don't remember where the Togekiss came from, if it was always there. Gardevoir nearly singlehandedly destroys her, especially since she's dtupid enough to send out Scrafty as a counter for a 'psychic' type.

>>30771325
He appeared last episode, so he might not appear again for a while. His salt is the most precious and delicious.
>>
>>30771323
HELLO ANON, I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY A GAME

>>30771325
Not in this episode, sadly.
>>
>>30771358
Eat shit Victoria you poser
>>
>>30771359
>>30771358
Damn it, oh well, least I'll laugh at what edginess and other stupid shit this episode has to offer.
>>
File: 41.png (408KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
408KB, 792x951px
gg easy

Sucks to be her, but she's impeded us enough earlier that I don't feel too bad. You can even go up to her cage and gloat while she gets shocked.
>>
File: 42.png (560KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
42.png
560KB, 792x1585px
You can imagine we're pointing and laughing at her until she finally loses conciousness.
>>
File: 1479305447268.png (199KB, 665x393px) Image search: [Google]
1479305447268.png
199KB, 665x393px
>>30771402
>>30771413
EAT SHIT VICTORIA YOU POSER!
>>
File: 43.png (428KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
428KB, 792x951px
I didn't notice the first time I played through, but if you try to change the panels it was say that for some reason the transceiver is still connected and it will work. The first time though everyone in my party fucking died except for Golurk until I managed to clear a path to the exit past all these puzzles and I went back to heal.

The weird yellow/green arrow things switch directions when you use them once.
>>
File: 44.png (779KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
44.png
779KB, 792x1902px
Looks like our next opponent is Arclight. Adrienn refused to fight, so he got roasted. RIP in peace
>>
File: triggered_by_mrlorgin-d9aahmc.png (116KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered_by_mrlorgin-d9aahmc.png
116KB, 320x371px
>>30771402
>mfw I don't rotate my team so Victoria was pain in the ass

Still easier than the Gym Leader, who I actually fucking EV trained for.

Oh by the way, if you want to 100% Gym Leader's sidequest, I can tell you where all 15 volunteers are.
>>
File: 45.png (510KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
45.png
510KB, 792x1268px
Supreme edgequeen comes in again to give her super cool evil speech she probably spent the whole of last night writing
>>
>>30771413
I also like to imagine, for some reason, someone jerked off to this scene.
>>
>>30771432
These screenshots don't capture the sheer tediousness of this long set of puzzles either.

>>30771445
IT'S ALMOST TIME
>>
File: 46.png (440KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
46.png
440KB, 792x951px
Well? Will we fight? Or will we perish like dogs?
>>
File: 47.png (764KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
47.png
764KB, 792x1902px
>>30771444
>15
What the fuck?
I scoured the whole city and only found 10

What do you get for 15?

Anyway, you have to fight no matter what you pick. I ended up picking to fight anyway.
>>
>>30771444
Please do. I'm stuck at 12 of them and the fuckers on the forum aren't helpful
>>
>>30771445
>You are pigs to be herded.

Satsuki get out. In fact I'm waiting for her to be the real hero at this point and get off scott free after all this because from what we've seen so far, it wouldn't be the dumbest thing we've run into.
>>
>>30771464
For 15 you get Wise Glasses, a Star Piece, and 2 Relationship Points with Adreinn. 10 gives all of those things but only 1 Adreinn Point
>>
>>30771474
10 doesn't give the star piece, but at this point, that's a pretty irrelevant prize.
>>
>>30771438
>"fuck"
>Attack Helicopter got burned to death
>Ebony Darkness Dementia Raven Way's speech
This is the greatest of rides
>>
File: 48.png (876KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
48.png
876KB, 792x1268px
Anyway, DJ Arclight, I still have very little idea who he is, but hesuses electric mons and 'sound' mons.

Hmm, he last pokemon's an Ampharos, I wonder what's going to happen.

>>30771470
>Rejuvenation rips off Reborn
>Reborn proceeds to rip off Rejuvenation

The cycle is complete
>>
>>30771474
>Relationship points
What are those?
>>
File: eggscelent.jpg (102KB, 630x627px) Image search: [Google]
eggscelent.jpg
102KB, 630x627px
>>30771444
>never swap mons out unless i'm replacing something for something that's just superior/fills the spot better
>end up with things like using chesnaught against the flying E4
at least i can still win generally
>>
>>30771464
>Anyway, you have to fight no matter what you pick
I hate choices like these, what's the point of them if they all lead to the same outcome?
>>
>>30771493
>Darkn
They are points that determine how you stand with a character. Like +2 means Adrienn likes you and -5 means he dislikes you. You get points through decisions throughout the game and sometimes through how you battle.
>>
File: 49.png (617KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
49.png
617KB, 792x1268px
I don't think AI can choose when to mega evolve, the ywill always do so at the earliest possible opportunity. So I just press moonblast.

GG ez, the floor below him suddenly gives up and he falls int othe pit. RIP in peace.

>>30771474
I got the wise glasses, good enough.
>>
File: 50.png (717KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
50.png
717KB, 792x951px
Even moreo f trhis fucking puzzle, but we find an entry for the PULSE dex. Hmm, I wonder what it means.

>levitate
Well then
>>
>>30771497
It's to give you the illusion that you matter in the grand scheme of things when your too lazy to actually program in said consequences of you mattering.
>>
>>30771497
They actually now affect "relationships" with ingame characters. So far, they're an internally tracked number, but don't actually do anything. It's said that they might do something in the future though.
>>
File: 51.png (260KB, 792x634px) Image search: [Google]
51.png
260KB, 792x634px
And we get past this room, and self-insert is fighting Lin with an Alola Ninetales.

>make your self-insert the league owner
>and champion
>and own super special exlusive pokemon

Wooow

But Lin is so strong that despite the double fairy weakness, she gets rekt. Ruh roh
>>
>>30771497
It can be done well, but usually it's just because people think "choice" is always good when the real point is either amusing dialog with a momentary split for entertainment (the best way to do ultimately pointless choices) or an actual fucking choice.

It was done well in Tortanic when the Spy Class gets mind controlled and has to do whatever this other person says. You can still choose whatever option you want, with some colorful responses, but you'll always actually say the same "yes boss" no matter what.
>>
>>30771522
Yeah. Refusing gives Adreinn +1, Arclight -1, and agreeing gives the opposite.
>>
File: 52.png (147KB, 396x634px) Image search: [Google]
52.png
147KB, 396x634px
>Now end it.

Uh oh
here it comes
>>
>>30771528
IT'S TIME
>>
>>30771516
Oh boy I wonder what it's gonna look like.
>>
File: 53.png (359KB, 396x1268px) Image search: [Google]
53.png
359KB, 396x1268px
I

What?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (664KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.gif
664KB, 500x375px
>>30771535
>>30771542
HERE WE GO BOYS
>>
File: 1424193753805.jpg (42KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1424193753805.jpg
42KB, 210x240px
>>30771542
Worth it.
>>
File: Haunter.jpg (29KB, 291x351px) Image search: [Google]
Haunter.jpg
29KB, 291x351px
>>30771542
>>
>>30771542
Welp. Reborn is over. gg
>>
>>30771542
...well, I guess we can't really go through with the whole OC jokes anymore, since she literally killed off herself in her own plot.
>>
>>30771542
>it ate her head
If this wasn't a story time I'd be posting Mami reaction images.

Also, it's amazing how the sprites completely undercut the moment. That third panel has her body looking so shitty from the side I thought it'd turned her into a bottle or something.
>>
File: 54.png (433KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
54.png
433KB, 792x1268px
GOOD GOD IT FUCKING TORE HER HEAD OFF

SELF-INSERT IS DEAD

HOLY FUCK

And
Well, Lin gloats some more, then looks at us, then leaves and opens the gate for us to leave as well.

Her pokemon are goen though, so we can't steal whatever goodies she kept for herself.

>>30771561
Exactly, it's fucking stupid to have graphic violence with grpahics like these. It can't be taken seriously at all.
>>
>>30771542
What the fuck, I'm glad I stayed up for a little longer.
>>
>>30771542
The creator of this game is into vore?
>>
>>30771572
>the heart of Reborn falls
Subtle
>>
>>30771464
I don't exactly remember, but you get whatever you get on top of 10, plus two more items that I've totally forgot.
There are three in Beryl: one on bridge, one near cemetery and one in library.
One in Coral, in the staircase thing.
Four in Obsidia; one by the water, one by the park, one by the Route 1 Gate and one in the alleys.
Four in Peridot: One in the shelter, one in the alleys, one near the train station. Forgot where the last one is.
One in Jasper, in one of the houses I think.
One in Lapis, in the streets.
The last one is in the Onyx Arcade.

Also if you do a long chain of fetch quests you will get Randall's Klefki, which is holding keys to Sanctum. That room has "Dark Matter" and gives Elias, the priest dude, and Solaris backstory™ that says they're friends or something.
>>
File: 55.png (472KB, 792x634px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
472KB, 792x634px
And to take your mind of that sheer fucking moment, have more tedious puzzles. Having fun yet?

>>30771581
I don't understand

honestly, freeing the city administration from Ame's sheer incompetence is doing the city a favour as a whole

>>30771582
Interesting, I'll try it later
>>
>>30770719
Meanwhile SM has the opposite problem, when 3/4 of the E4 are characters you've interacted a lot with previously, it's a real surprise to find the last chamber containing one of the usual "literally who" characters normally found within E4s. And then the complaint there is "why didn't she get any screen time before now".

>>30771542
>the self-insert dies
Holy shit the plot almost doesn't suck anymore
>>
>>30771590
>Holy shit the plot almost doesn't suck anymore

It's spooky, isn't it? I'm actually sorta enjoying this and the balls Ame had to kill herself off after all of the titles and special bullshit she tacked on to the character. It's almost...dark in a good way, and I can't believe I'm saying that about Reborn.
>>
>>30769404
This makes Lusamine and Lysandre look well-written
>>
>>30771589
This puzzle actually made me want to tear my already thinning hair out it was so tedious

>>30771582
Capped. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>30771589
>I don't understand
I don't know, I guess it struck me as one last bit of the creator shoving her self importance in there. Reborn is the name of the game too, after all. Still, she did kill her own self insert, which is not necessarily something that excuses the rest of the shittiness is but is amusing on its own terms.
>>
File: 1477540152531.png (2MB, 1480x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1477540152531.png
2MB, 1480x1610px
>>30771542
>>
File: 56.png (800KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
56.png
800KB, 792x1902px
Now, in the next room, we run into the Magnezone in question and an old character, Meteor admin ZEL, from Zero, Eve and Lumi. Apparently this person has three split personalites in one body. You find their house in an earlier town, and the diary belongs to one of them before they got fused. Lumi was some girl dying of an illness while Eve was her sister and some kind of geniisu scientist trying to cure her, then Team Meteor hired her and in an accident involving a Magnezone they got fused.

This was the first Meteor admin we fought, and apparently there's something wrong with the Magnezone.
>>
>>30771589
For reference, the chain is:
Girl in Jasper that lost her engagement ring (it's in the underwater area near Peridot Ward)
Random house in Peridot (i don't get it????)
The guy in Coral with Spoink
Some medium woman in Jasper
Randall, in the Peridot shelter.
>>
>>30771542
>>30771572
So how long until "the heart of reborn" gets reborn?
>>
File: 57.png (673KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
57.png
673KB, 792x1585px
Oh, and Zero was their Meteor supervisor and now they have to share his body. Lewd

Despite us only knowing about this building recently, apparently bad shit has been going on indicating some kind of saboteur.

>>30771627
Thanks

>>30771632
>Reborn City will be... Reborn...

Bravo Ame

I don't think that will happen in this game, but I fucking know it will happen in Rejuvenation, I'll bet money on it.
>>
>>30771645
This fight was some primo bullshit. I only managed to win thanks to skill swap shenanigans and the AI having a stroke that let me curse it with a Cofagrigus.
>>
File: BarksInternally.jpg (45KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
BarksInternally.jpg
45KB, 524x468px
What if the self insert killed herself in order to be REBORN in the final chapter?
>>
>>30771666
Trips confirm this was just a red herring
>>
>>30771572
>Can't steal her shit
It's like we aren't actually playing an RPG or something.
>>
File: XY_Lysandre.png (317KB, 451x1280px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Lysandre.png
317KB, 451x1280px
>>30770260
Kiddy shit needs maturity. We need more Lysandres in Pokemon.
>>
File: 57 1.png (403KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
57 1.png
403KB, 792x951px
And...
apparently Lin requested tht we not be harmed.

What the fuck? Are we some kind of super special chosen one, again?

Oh yeah, I forgot to link the music this game uses. Most of the music comes from a youtube remier called GlitchxCity.

The rival theme, which means Victoria, Fern and Cain, uses a remix of Iris' champion theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZLMDkzz-HE

DJ Arclight used a remix of Deoxy's battle theme, but I'm not sure if it's unique to him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvbU64EbFM0
>>
>>30771712
I wanna say it's used for high end fights that up to this point, we haven't seen much of. I feel like Garchomp man had it has his theme but off the top of my head I can't remember who else had it.
>>
>>30771645
For a second there I thought that capitalization was another typo until I realized it was a split personality thing.

Goddamn I repressed so much of this game.
>>
>>30771712
Deoxys Remix usually plays for important trainers that are neither rivals or leaders. Due to the nature of the game, Lin likely wants the cast to think they are winning, only to be defeated in an elaborately reborn-y fashion.
>>
File: 58.png (862KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
58.png
862KB, 792x1268px
Meteor Admin Zel. Can be a somewhat tough fight. Music used is a remix of Red/Lance's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kp3F_V9w7Q

interesting mic of pokemon, I'm assuming each of the personalities use different ones.

That';s a shiny Magnezone in this game. This game custom colours a lot of shinies.

>>30771729
Garchomp man had Cynthia's theme.
>>
File: 59.png (331KB, 396x951px) Image search: [Google]
59.png
331KB, 396x951px
>>30771735
Yeah, I forgot to mention the capitalisation indicates which of the three are speaking.

>>30771736
Yeah, I think I remember electrorape having it too.

Oh boy, here it comes
>>
>>30771737
Oh, did he? Damn. It's been too long. I might be thinking of Arceus man. Then again I'm probably wrong on that too.
>>
>>30771753
>No magnets
>>
>>30771769
>tfw to intelligent to use magnets
>>
File: 60.png (410KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
60.png
410KB, 792x951px
Gardevoir managed to pick up a lot of calm mind boosts, so it manages to survive the Magnezone's discharge attack. The discharge attack shorts out the environment and turns it dark. The 'darkness strengthens the attack' thing is one of the rare few times the field works out in my favour, as it powers up shadow ball.

RIP in peace Magnezone
>>
>>30771753
At first I kinda sorta like it, but then I saw it has the claws up top as well, it ruined it for me.
>>
File: 61.png (828KB, 792x2000px) Image search: [Google]
61.png
828KB, 792x2000px
>>30771778
And then exploded.
Zero wakes up, but suddenly discovers that Lumi and Eve are gone from his mind. He's not handling this as well as I thought he would, being an evil terrorist admin and all. RIP.

For soem reason, he needs to head to Agate, which is a circus. Going there yourself does nothing, though, he's not actually there.

>>30771792
My favourite idea of a Mega Magnezone is the one that makes it a fighter jet. Imagine that with speed boost.
>>
File: 62.png (473KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
62.png
473KB, 792x1902px
>>30771802
We head onwards, and find our... acquantances. They're all alive. Tumblrman had their pokemon help and Victoria survived , but Arclight

Well shit. These people don't fuck around.
>>
>>30771802
I think he means Agate City which is the place where everyone is asleep and the reason you needed Fly to get back to Reborn City
>>
File: 63.png (410KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
63.png
410KB, 792x1585px
There is still no good reason why Supreme Edgequeen left us alive.

>>30771814
Oh, right. That makes sense.
>>
File: 64.png (500KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
64.png
500KB, 792x1902px
muh Kiki
muh sensei
>>
File: 65.png (389KB, 792x1152px) Image search: [Google]
65.png
389KB, 792x1152px
But we can and should move on, hooray
>>
>>30771445
Maturity everyone
>>
File: 66.png (254KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
66.png
254KB, 792x951px
Victoria looks at us before leaving, indicating eh's thinking of us. Which is kind of nice until you remember everything else she's done to us.
>>
>>30771703
>dumb cartoon Hitler wannabe
>"mature"

Read a book, nigger.
>>
>>30771813
Considering how someone's head got ripped off before this, tearing out someone's eye is rather tame.
>>
File: 67.png (1MB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
67.png
1MB, 792x1902px
Anyway, turns out we were all knocked out and transported out into a different building. They're going to investigate the buildings for clues later.

>>30771860
I sure hope he was being ironic
>>
File: 68.png (940KB, 792x1585px) Image search: [Google]
68.png
940KB, 792x1585px
And finally she can move on from muh Kiki

Tumblrman invites us to their gym, hopefulyl not to hit on us.
>>
>>30771542
Poke Special based on Pokemon Reborn never
>>
File: 69.png (1003KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
1003KB, 792x1268px
They want to battle us, and want us to be the new champion even. Well, sure, why not. Can't be that hard considerign fucking Ame was the champion.
>>
OK Fuck this I gotta go to bed but this shit is hilarious.
>>
File: 70.png (1MB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
70.png
1MB, 792x1902px
Oh, but I'll need to be the one who stands up to Supreme Edgequeen. She honestly did the city a favour in the long run, but sure.

>>30771888
What does Special have to do with anything?
>>
>>30771893
>I want you to become the new champion.
>Don't let it go to your head
>>
File: 71.png (1MB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
71.png
1MB, 792x1902px
if you say yes, they ask you do their their stupid fucking fetchquest first, talk to fucking everyone in the city and ask if they want to come and help do work. I think the devs just really fucking wanted you to explore the city they spent over a year spriting and mapping or something.
>>
File: 72.png (837KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
72.png
837KB, 792x1268px
If you say no, they insist anyway and the dialogue proceeds as before.

I've capped the locations of 5 people, I found 10 but it took fucking forever and I didh't want to do it again just to screencap. Like the anon abovem entioned, 5 gets you fucking nothing, 10 gets you wise glasses and some social link points, and a whopping 15 gets you more social link points and additonal star pieces.

>>30771912
Oh snap
>>
>>30771873
So they lure us to a building, spring a trap rendering us unconcious. and then move us to the same building as the magnezone and other experiments, which they were moving in order for us not to get to them. WHY?
>>
>>30771912
DEEPEST
LORE
>>
>>30771860
Killing tons of people is the pinnacle of maturity. Hell the Pokemon anime (Ash and Generations) would be outstanding if Lysandre/Lusamine type villains, Poke Special, and Poke Reborn merged together.
>>
File: 73.png (347KB, 792x1268px) Image search: [Google]
73.png
347KB, 792x1268px
Misc caps while exploring the city
DUDE WEED LMAO XD

>>30771939
because Supreme Edgequeen wants to """send us a message"""" and maybe she wanted us to destroy the magnezone for her, fuck if I know

>>30771944
Hey, don't bully Special or Lusamine
>>
File: 74.png (530KB, 792x1032px) Image search: [Google]
74.png
530KB, 792x1032px
And some lore about the region. Something about Giratina beign responsible for fucking up the geography.
>>
>>30771904
Being mature, like Poke Reborn
>>
>>30771944
More evidence that videogames make people stupid.
>>
File: 74 1.png (769KB, 792x1134px) Image search: [Google]
74 1.png
769KB, 792x1134px
Anyway, we head back to the gym. The gyms were served by a gym guide up till episode 14, who was a cool guy. In episode 15 he was replaced by these communication devices where you would talk to Ame for advice. Of course, she's ded now, so we talk to Victoria instead.

>>30771968
Special is fine, I like it. Besides, as a manga with its own artstyle it has a license to do more than try to depict gore with GBA graphics.
>>
File: 75.png (1MB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
75.png
1MB, 792x1902px
We found 10 slaves for the guy, so we get wise glasses. Time for our fight....
>>
>>30771985
Not to mention Special has gone on long enough that everyone who died has since undied, I'm pretty sure. Except for Black

The only recent example of gore I can think of in Special is Zinnia getting what was coming to her. Otherwise, it's been pretty tame for awhile. BW went for mindbreaks and DPPt was pretty vanilla in terms of gore and extreme suffering. Never got around to XY or what little there is of BW2.
>>
>>30771985
>doubles

I'm already getting bad flashbacks to the fire gym. God that one was ass.
>>
>>30771995
Alright, let's fight xem. :^)
>>
File: 76.png (227KB, 792x317px) Image search: [Google]
76.png
227KB, 792x317px
Trainer class, visionary. If it were not for the chest I would have immediately decided it was a trap.

The fight takes place on Misty Terrain, which is expanded to have the following properties:

All Pokemon are immune to status conditions
Created by Misty Terrain and Mist
Dragon moves decrease in base power x0.5
The ability Marvel Scale is activated.
Pokemon with the ability Dry Skin recover 1/16 Max HP each turn
Pixilate's base power boost becomes x1.5 (from x1.3)
These moves increase in base power x1.5:
Mystical Fire, Fairy Wind, Moonblast, Doom Desire, Aura sphere, icy Wind, Magical Leaf
These moves suffer a x0.5 decrease of power:
Night Daze, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball
The base accuracy of these moves becomes 100:
Sweet Kiss
The stat-changing effect of these moves is amplified:
cosmic Power, Aromatic Mist
Sweet Scent lowers Defense and SpDef
Wish restores 75% of the user's Max HP (from 50%)
Aqua Ring restores 1/8 Max HP each turn (from 1/16)
These moves will terminate this field effect: (wind moves like Tailwind, Hurricane, Defog)
These moves will transform this field into a Corrosive Mist Field
Prevents use of Selfdestruct and Explosion
Nature Power becomes Moonblast
Camouflage changes the user's type to Fairy
Secret Power may lower special attack
>>
File: 77.png (766KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
77.png
766KB, 792x1902px
The strognest type in the whole game didn't need not one, but TWO fields dedicated to boosting it.

Luckily my Gardevoir traces the Granbull's intimidate, and I keep switching in my Arcanine to stack intimidates, trying to make it as useless as possible while my Gardevoir boosts to +6 calm minds. Not how their gardevoir is male.

The mega is revealed early, and thank fuck I can kill it before servere damage is done, but I have to keep sacrificing pokemon for turns to heal Gardevoir.

When the Whimsicott comes out, it uses prankster tailwind to change the field to a growing garden. Apaprently it's some super complicated field that grows with certain moves unless you cut or burn it down, but I didn;t need to do that.

That Florges seems to be their ace.

>>30772009
That made me give in and use Gyarados. Illegal moves and everything having just right hidden powers was such bullshit.
>>
File: 78.png (385KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
78.png
385KB, 792x951px
This was a pretty tough fight, but the worst was an earlier fire gym leader. Gardevoir carries yet another fight.
>>
>>30771995
>Xe
>>
File: 79.png (729KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
79.png
729KB, 792x1902px
For our win, we get the TM for Dazzing gleam and the Amaranth Badge. I'm not sure what naming it after a plant is supposed to mean.

The badge 'rasies' our stats, this was accomplished in earlier pokemon games by distributing stat experience in gen 1 and 2, and EVs in gen 3. All my Pokemon's EVs are maxed out so I don't see any difference.

>>30772082
Yes, this is the guy in one of the earlier posts.
>>
>>30772060
I just noticed the gym leader nicknamed his own pokemon.
>>
>>30772025
>>30772060
I recall thinking terrains were an interesting idea, as were the wild boss fights (going into SM blind made noticing the similarities there extra amusing), but I am not also recalling that this shit is too unnecessarily convoluted. They jammed every idea they could think of in there with little regard for how bloated it was making these mechanics.

The thing about weathers and the other terrains is that they're largely simple. Any additional mechanical complexity comes from other abilities specifically meant to take advantage of them, which describe their own rules in the ability rather than the terrains.
>>
File: 80.png (678KB, 792x1902px) Image search: [Google]
80.png
678KB, 792x1902px
And we get out next destination, it's time to head out into the desert. We could actually just get on the train and get the fuck out from this hellhole too, but plot won't let us.

>>30772099
Yeah, some NPCs do. I haven't checked the meaning behind their names, though.

>>30772109
This much is true. I still think these fields are fundamentally a good idea, bu there no way they should be put in an actual Pokemon game.
>>
File: 81.png (97KB, 792x951px) Image search: [Google]
81.png
97KB, 792x951px
And, well, that's the end of this part, folks. With a teaser to the next part of the plot.

>Rust
Seems like we're going to be facing the steel gym leader. Titania, the red woman shown in >>30769418, who also wielded her aegislash to murder a couple of people in cold blood in the last episode. What a nice person.

Hope you all enjoyed the ride.

I'm almost thinking of doing a fresh run if the archive can;t be restored, though that's going to take a LOT of time and i'm not sure how many people would be interested.
>>
>>30772115
>Yeah, some NPCs do. I haven't checked the meaning behind their names, though.
The only other one I can recall having nicknamed their own pokemon was the Dark-gym leader, as those were some really cringy names.
>>
>>30772150
A highlight reel might be best. No need to recount every dumb NPC or anything, but a collage of the interesting moments and a quick text summary of what happened might do some good.
>>
>>30772172
Good idea.

>>30772161
They really were, holy shit. Hated her so much.
A lot of the game makes so much more sense when you find out it's based on a forum RP.

Anyway, one of the biggest features introduced in this episode is online capabilities. In the previous version, the game was building up to this by taking a lot of non-shit pokemon that were previously available in pretty fun events, and making them all come from the same event, of which you can only have one of eighteen. Fucking stupid and lazy, really.

Among the Pokemon that used to be available, Gastly and Gyarados are the main ones that have been removed for 'balance' purposes. Natrually, people online would want to trade for them.
>>
>>30772231
Trying to access online with a banned Pokemon in your party, however, gives you this message. Oh well. This includes Pokemon with moves they could only learn by TM or tutor that haven't been released, because prior to Gen 6 you could breed male pokemon who knew TM moves naturally with females of the species you wanted, and the offspring would have the TM move. I got an Ice Beam Swampert that way. I wonder how it works, though.
>>
Interesting. You can see the banned move and Pokemon list here.

Is this a client-side security check? Pokemon Essentials online is very bare bones from what I can tell, but this is laughably easy to bypass. hmmm.
>>
>>30772231
>A lot of the game makes so much more sense when you find out it's based on a forum RP
It really does, in a sorta weird way. How old were those people anyway when Reborn was made, especially to this very day?
>>
File: reborn nicks.jpg (187KB, 863x570px) Image search: [Google]
reborn nicks.jpg
187KB, 863x570px
Hmm... wait, hold the fuck up.

Some nicknames are censored?

You have a game here which is aimed at the 'mature' audience, with characters that openly swear and graphic violence (as graphic as gen 3 Pokemon graphics let you be anyway)

But naughty words are banned?

Fucking seriously?
>>
>>30772306
Maybe that's the old "the original devs can do no wrong" fallacy that some modders/fangame devs fall into.
>>
>>30772306
are there retarded censors as well? like being unable to use a mon nicknamed "spike"?
>>
>>30772318
I know they had to add this in themselves, I'm 90% sure the Pokemon essentials online kid doesn't come with a nickname blocking script.

>>30772323
You can name the pokemon, but you can't bring them online.
>>
>>30772336
>morningwood
people actually name their pokemon that?
>>
>>30772344
They probably grabbed it off a list somewhere, feels like a very standard banned word list.
>>
>>30772306
I think this is their attempt at being "humorous". There is literally no reason for it and it being here is, like you said, hilariously ironic, so there really doesn't strike me as a reason aside from this being some sort of in-joke or >>30772318 with them doing it simply because tradition.
>>
>>30772359
well at least they didn't go full retard and add a bunch of more obscure shit to the censors like "con"
right?
>>
>>30772094
>The badge 'rasies' our stats, this was accomplished in earlier pokemon games by distributing stat experience in gen 1 and 2, and EVs in gen 3
This was actually done by giving your Pokemon a free, always-on stat boost. Gen 2 went full retard and made it boost certain types of attacks, too: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badge#Stat_boost
>>
>>30772336
>morning wood
>cunny
I don't really nickname my pokemon personally to check, but for comparison, what name censors does GF themselves have?
>>
>>30772368
Is that banned in SM?

I might work on a highlights reel soon to help newcomers catch up on the story so far. but first, let's try out one of the new features, wonder trade.

I had a box full of Dragon Dance Scraggy rejects from a long time ago, so I'm hoping to score some other cool Pokemon. Maybe with this game being a smaller community, less people will feel inclined to wonder trade shitmons to get stuff for free. Right, right?

>>30772381
Really? huh, didn't know.

>>30772382
You can probably check bulbapedia, it's a fuckhuge list IIRC.
>>
File: wt 1.png (172KB, 792x634px) Image search: [Google]
wt 1.png
172KB, 792x634px
Our first trade is with asuta.

Thanks a lot asshole
>>
>>30772396
iirc it was removed after gen 5 because gamefreak realized how retarded it was, especially since it banned conkeldurr from being traded without a nickname
>>
>>30772405
Well, at least it's not a Japanese Abra with Inner Focus
>>
>>30772405
Nickname genuinely made me laugh. Sounded a bit like the nickname too.
>>
File: wt2.png (66KB, 396x634px) Image search: [Google]
wt2.png
66KB, 396x634px
I don't know what I expected

>>30772415
An Abra would actually be pretty valuable in this game.

>>30772412
Spike ban is still weird as fuck, though.
>>
>>30772434
it's because it has a mispelling of spic in it
gamefreak aren't very smart
>>
This guy, however, sends us a totodile he even nicknamed. Cool. If you're wondering why there are two names, Essentials online has you sign up for an online ID seperate from your Ingame name. Thanks pal.

My predecessor, Notm, chose totodile as his starter. May he rest in peace.

>>30772453
That's retarded.
>>
File: wt3.png (105KB, 396x951px) Image search: [Google]
wt3.png
105KB, 396x951px
>>30772476
Whoops
>>
File: wr 4.png (64KB, 396x634px) Image search: [Google]
wr 4.png
64KB, 396x634px
And asuta is back, except now he's called Hitler.

>Hitler sent Ratata

Thanks you fucking cunt

At this point I gave up since I figured there were too few people to wonder trade with, but maybe with the public release I'll do it again.
>>
Anyway, that's it for now, There's some underwater exploration that can be done but I haven't discovered much. highlight reels later.
>>
>>30772150
That's the whole episode? And it took at least 1.5 years to come out with this?

One graphically changed town, one evil team area, one boss fight against a horribly damaged Magnezone, one gym + gym leader. That was all they could muster in that much time?

And now a large portion of the fanbase has played Sun and Moon, and suddenly a lot of the selling points ring hollow. You can talk about your DARK AND SERIOUS STORYLINE WITH DARK AND SERIOUS CHARACTERS, but look at how the fanbase ate up Lillie. You can brag about your plans for EIGHTEEN gyms all you want, but when it's entirely possible the proverbial well of gyms as a concept has now been poisoned by the Island Trials. Go ahead and brag about it being a hard and near-bullshit challenge while I go watch my entire team get brutally slaughtered by Totem Wishiwashi/Totem Lurantis/Hau's Raichu/Totem Mimikyu/Lusamine/Hapu/Fused Lusamine/Kahili/Kukui.

Fucking hell. And to think I used to be dumb enough to think this would be a good direction for the Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>30772678
Not only Lillie, but Gladion and Guzma, who not only have dark and serious aspects but are actually human and relatable. You also forgot Salazzle, who has given me the only whiteout ever in a normal run.

To be fair, it is a fucking huge city that's about half the size of a normal region, and there's the inclusion of online play, though I don't know how hard it is to integrate it. And apparently they did a whole site upgrade as well.

Still not sure why that would take 1.5 years though, yeah. And they're going to have to sell a lot harder now.
>>
>>30772025
There are few fields that you don't get by default on non-E16 native file, like Holy Field (it's in the Sanctum), Fairy Tale (complete second Coral Ward quiz), New World (new field, hasn't been used yet; it's hidden in a Beryl Library's secret room) and Underwater (you guess it, it's in one of the underwater areas). And probably one or two I've missed.

Also fuck Whimsicott ruining my run by making Fire-type moves also count as Dragon-types (MEGA MAWILE MY ASS).

By the way, the only PulseDex you don't get by not being native to E16 is Magnezone, which was in that weird place (I've fucking missed it as the pathway to it obscured by the machine things).

The only really notable thing you have left is the Sanctum, as it does give backstory™.

Getting to that one underwater area with ring is hell; you basically have to hug the walls near Apophyll Beach to find a small opening that you can go through to reach the Dive spots.
>>
>>30772798
I'll explore around for those.

and yeah, I found my way into the underwater part by using debug to teleport me inside and then finding my way out. It's pretty well hidden.
>>
>>30772831
>using debug to teleport
>not just using RPGMaker to have bigger view
By the way of debug mode
>be me
>have too much time
>use debug mode for Rejuvenation aka Pokemon Reborn: Fanfiction of a Fanfiction
>write down pokemon guide
who's laughing now jan
There is a Metal Coat that you can lose forever (which is usable thanks to Onix), and some Pokemon have ridiculously low encounter rates. Marill is now found in the wild? OH WAIT IT HAS 1% TO APPEAR IN THAT ROUTE.
>>
>>30772862
I actually like the 1% encounter rates for goodmons, a Pokemon's rarity should be proportional to how good it is. Makes it more of an accomplishment to find them.

Is cleffa still available as of current version? Because clefable was capable of soloing every single fight
>>
>>30772872
>accomplishment
I spammed Sweet Scent for 30 minutes, and not even a single Maril..

Also yes, it's 1% encounter on the pink Route.

You can even get Clefable right away as there is a hidden Moon Stone in the Amethyst Cave.
>>
>>30772915
Does sweet scent increase rare encounter rate?

Reborn doesn't need it anymore now that there's an inbuilt turbo mode, but heres' a tip, use Cheat Engine speedhack. Essential for any pokemon Essentials game. About 3x speed is safe, 5x speed is the maximum you want to go in case of crashes.
>>
>>30772927
I don't think it does, but fairly sure it's faster than just swimming around.

You think I don't play Rejuvenation without speed up? ahahahaha it's about as fast as Generation 6 on Citra. Which reminds me: Ultra Beasts were weird as they were. Now imagine that Ame, Jan and Suzy (Insurgence person) have to somehow add all Alola Pokemon into the game, including these guys.
>>
>>30772942
I hope to fuck they don't try and shoehorn UBs into the plot, just make them special enounter postgame legends.

Any indication for the next Insurgence update? it feels like Suzerain is trying to fix his fuckups, but at this point the only way to save Inusrgence is to go full retard and embrace how utterly dumb it is, not hold back.
>>
>>30770534
> Corey is dead
> Our Flying Leader, Heather, was his daughter. She currently lives with the Ice Leader, Blake. Sounds like a soap opera? Yes.

Who is Blake? Was heather really 8 in 2010? who the fuck are these people?
>>
>>30772966
I don't know.

One of the nicer things in Reborn E16 is that you can use field effects to change overworld. That's how you get Audinite, at least; by freezing water in one of the cave lakes
>>
>>30772992
I have no fucking idea if they're talking about In-Character or OOC. At this point I'm willing to believe that this is what was actually happening to the IRL people.

>>30772999
That's actually cool as hell, I'll give it a shot. You just transform the field in a wild battle and the overworld changes?
>>
>>30770534
>all of this
oh my god

suddenly I want to make a game just to have somebody say "Hmm? Reborn? ...We don't talk about Reborn here."
>>
>>30773008
Yeah. I don't remember where it was, other than it's a cavern that can be accessed only by using Dive spot (it's on surface but you have to go underwater to go under rocks).

Once you enter, you will get a message that hints what you do. Enter a battle, use Blizzard to freeze the water and it should also freeze water in the overworld (other than waterfalls that are crucial for moving around). If you exit the cavern, it will return to normal.

I am not sure if any other place does that, though. Seems like a new puzzle.
>>
>>30773008
>>30772992
>>30770534
>read it again
Yeah, it looks like this actually, literally happened to the IRL people. The former poison gym leader of the RP league had a wife who died. He and his daughter joined him on the RP server, and he got close enough to the ice gym leader that he he asked him to care for hsi daugfhter before he commited suicide.

Holy shit. I really don't know.
>>
File: full recap 1.png (1MB, 1584x1897px) Image search: [Google]
full recap 1.png
1MB, 1584x1897px
Managed to fig otu a few screenhots and compile them together.

This is the beginning of the game. Ame,s original outfit and modern, less stupid outfit are shown. We're on the train to the Reborn region, being "ravaged by impurity" and the train blows up. We meet our rivals Cain and Victoria, and get just a taste of what lies ahead when a grunt gets tortured.
>>
File: full recap 2.png (2MB, 1594x1584px) Image search: [Google]
full recap 2.png
2MB, 1594x1584px
We meet the most cuntish and last of our rivals Fern, get an introduction to Team Meteor and a recurring pair of grunts, get our first badge, fight our first Meteor admin and PULSE enemy.
>>
>>30771137
Link us to your version so we can get the hilariously fucked up dialogue.
>>
Can I teach my Bisharp Iron Head yet? Same question but with Gallade and Drain Punch.
I literally can't run my team until they do this shit. And since it's RPGM, I can't inject a pokemon
>>
>>30770260

You damn well know why this happens.

It's like how Japan is an ultra stiff and conservative society, but they've got some of the craziest porn and fiction in general.

The world demands balance. When Pokemon suppresses any serious edge, it gets vented in the form of these fan games.
>>
>>30775141
>Literally just grimsley with a hood on

This is lazy, even for them.
>>
>>30775359
Everyone's just re-used assets painted up differently. I forgot if Ghetis' model is the religionfag or the BBEG
>>
File: full recap 3.png (2MB, 1584x1896px) Image search: [Google]
full recap 3.png
2MB, 1584x1896px
While I thought Fern was a harmless cynic, he turns out to be a true blue cuntwad. We beat him again and take the second badge from his sister, then head further north. More of Team Meteor's shennanigans and we meet an admin called Taka who seems pretty reluctant to be in Team Meteor. When we get trapped in a cage, Fern refuses to bail us out unless we suck his dick, but Taka's chatot does. We find a man called Corey, who seems to be a Meteor admin and a gym leader with a poor relationship with his daughter Heather, who is for some reason powerful enough to be a member of the E4.

We beat him in a gym fight, and he doesn't give us our badge but commits suicide instead. This is followed by the events in >>30769404

>>30775248
The link is down, but I'm sure somebody's archive the previous download links. It's version/episode 14.

>>30775331
I don't think so.
Yes you can, find a way to enter debug mode.
>>
>>30772396
>Wonder trade

Holy shit, how far out does this game go? I thought it was just some shitty, self-contained fangame.
>>
>>30775430
It's actually pretty well done given the staff for it. The thread makes me want to play it again, though I have to learn how to debug me a Pawniard with Sucker Punch and Iron head and a Ralts with Drain Punch
>>
>>30775459
Now if only the writing didn't make you wanna tear your head off, right? Bad/lame writing is a problem I have with a lot of romhacks, but this thing really takes the shit cake by a long shot. I really wanna play, but I don't know if I could sit through it.
>>
>>30775430
Pokemon Essentials allows you to have online features, if you provide the server yourself.

>>30775459
Download a program called Gemini, oepn Scripts.rxdata, inject the line '$DEBUG = TRUE under a script that will always load, like maybe pokemon load. Be careful, it might cause crashes. If you can't get it stable have a seperate install just for this or something
>>
>>30775501
It helps to go through it with friends. That whole glitch gym leader episode was hilarious that way.
Otherwise, I just ignore everything.
>>
File: full recap 4.png (1022KB, 1584x1896px) Image search: [Google]
full recap 4.png
1022KB, 1584x1896px
Despite Fern loking normal and Cain looking like cancer, their personalities are the opposite.

After the events of Corey's suicide, there is the question of his daughter, Heather, having a guardian. An orphange owner called Sigmund Connal decides to force her into his house of electric rape. Despite her being powerful enough to be Elite 4. We break her out and meet the orphans, Anna, Noel and Charlotte. Noel and Charlott are somehow gym leaders despite being locked up inside, and Anna is a crazy girl with some kid of spirit vision that sees my soul.
>>
>full recap
Well, this is going to take a while.'

Now if I was at that compooper (I am not and by the time I am you'll probably get there anyway), I would dump information from the last Sanctum diary (It's a pretty long one, even with speedup it's like 10 seconds of mashing A).
>>
File: full recap 5.png (1MB, 1584x1896px) Image search: [Google]
full recap 5.png
1MB, 1584x1896px
>>30775528
This is very true, I could not have done this and Rejuvenation without posting it here, I think.

Our route out the city is through the underground, but we need to provide power to open the gate. The power plant is haunted by a ghost, who is a gym leader, who took Corey's soul and might have turned him into a Gengar. No, really. also he had four screens that foreshadowed people dying. While we're away Team Meteor kidnaps the kids because for some reason Dr Electrorape is working with them. We need strength, which is held by Victoria's mater at her school, but there's no way to get across the shit lake. Cain can becauseh e has poison Pokemon, but we need to help the water gym leader storm the source of the pollution before she lends us her boat. Turns out they were behind the pollution because they wanted to force the outlanders out of the city. I nickname their leader, Solaris, Captain Pollution because of this. Dagoth Ur would fit too.
>>
File: recap 6.jpg (1005KB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 6.jpg
1005KB, 1980x1896px
So we go to the island to find Victoria's master Kiki so she can give us strength to save the kids. She turns out to be a fucking bitch who won't do it because m-muh school honour. So Victoria intends to graduate to get the HM and give it to me, and to take the badge I have to do her request to find one of her students a fire trainer called Cal, which Victoria seems to have a crush on. Kiki is revealed to have some incurable disease that causes her to collapse in front of everyone when I beat her. In the meantime we notice Cain is missing, and it turns out he was captured by Meteors, who are preparing an attack on the island. Meteor Admin Taka doesn't seem to enthusiastic.

We find out he's Captain Pollution's son, and we fight our first superboss, which I defeat using a level 1 sturdy Magnemite.
>>
File: recap 7.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 7.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
Despite being a cripple at this point Kiki comes and promptly gets decapitated, the second violent death. Victoria's crush is a traitor. Because she died her badge is useless so I need to beat Cain's sister for the badge needed to use strength. His house is located in a weird as fuck place alled the wasteland. We meet his sister Aya and some rock type guy called Hardy. Turns out Cain was supposed to be the gym leader but ran away from home.
>>
File: recap 8.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 8.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
Turns out Team Meteor really, really wants the jewelry of these girls for some reason. We save them and they bring us to their home outside the city. Spirit girl fell sick the moment she lost her jewelry and we have to get medicine for her from a nearby town. For some reason, entire buildings are teleporting around. We run into the ice gym leader and her son Bennett. A creepy guy called El introduces himself as an Arceus cultists and is very interested in her adopted daughter Luna, claiming her to be his daughter and somehow has the power to offer Bennett E4 membership if he helps him.
>>
File: recap 9.jpg (1021KB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 9.jpg
1021KB, 1980x1896px
We head back and we meet another of their sisters, Saphira, a dragon gym leader. Dr Electrorape and friends are out for us. We repel them and invade their nearby base to get back some of the kids they managed to get. This is the first we see of Lin, the true leader or Team Meteor, which terrifies the admins so much they ask us to pretend to be a grunt so they don't get fucked up for letting their base be invaded. With the help of a giant giga steelix we make it out and challenge one of the orphans for the normal type badge.
>>
>>30776199
Hardy's a bro up to where I played
>>
File: recap 10.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 10.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
Because of how obsessed Team Meteor is with stealing the jewelry of some girls, it's decided it's safer for us to hold some of them. We're told to head notth to the cities where the Belrose sisters (Charlotte, Laura, Saphira) own gyms. 12 hours into the game, we make it to Route...1. We come across a castle where the luckiest man in the universe, Radomus, lives. Not only does he own a castle and is a gym leader, he has a talking slut Gardevoir and inexplicably attracted a cosplaying qt to live with him. A few moments later his Gardevoir is seemingly kidnapped and we're told to head back into the city, where a strange shrine is deep underground. We run into Adrienn, who claims to have been there for just an hour. We get the educational dialogue in >>30769390.

His Gardevoir didn't like fucking him after all, or so it seems, but i turns out to have been a ditto. He has his ditto use the latent power of the area to transform into an arceus we have to fight. After that, the real Gardevoir appears, knocks him out and we leave. There is a piece of unsettling dialogue that may be coming from the infant Arceus imprisoned in the shrine.

>>30777157
Yeah, he's alright.

>bump limit hit
I may not be able to finish this in time, and I'm not sure if this warrants a new thread
>>
File: recap 11.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 11.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
With that settled, we head back to his castle and find him ERPing with his Gardevoir. Also he has somehow brainwashed the Arceus cultist earlier into becoming his servant, which is unsettling. We beat him and the cosplayer turns out to be a gym leader too, but then Meteors suddenly invade his castle. Since we're worn out from the fight and have had no chance to heal, Cain decides to be the best character in the game and sacrfices himself for us to get out safely. RIP in peace. Luna, the dark leader, is captured.

Radomus has to go into hiding for some reason but knows that Luna has been taken to a secret criminal hideout. We meet Bennett, who has joined up with the Arceus cultist, and has no problems with imprisoning us or brainwashing Luna. The Gardevoir gets us all out , and it turns out Bennett has been jacking off to Luna in his room constantly or something. Luna tells us to find her gym in some valley she gives us the key to.
>>
File: recap 12.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 12.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
However, Bennett has stalked us. He tries to get it on with Luna but is shut down because he's a creepy autist. Then he tries to mug us for the key to get in her room and rape her, and when that fails he goes off muttering to himself darkly. I'm going to call him bug rapist from now on.

We get some of the cringiest fucking dialogue in the game, and considering everything else, this is truly an accomplishment.

Then we head north with Cain to a town where everyone seems to be asleep for some reason. Before we fall asleep ourselves, we are thrown into the safety of the next town by this nice lady, as shown in >>30769392
>>
File: recap 13.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 13.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
We end up in a circus and head west to find the lesbian luv shack, where Amaria the water gym leader and Titania the steel gym leader live. We're given a pass to battle one of the gym leaders in the circus. Then we go back to their hosue to get the HM and accidentally trigger yet another suicide attempt. Titania jumps down to save her, but we'll need to rescue them both later.

We continue heading up the mountain, joining up with Aya, Cain's sister and find yet another Meteor base. There is the same pair of grunts we've been fighting from the beginning, now promoted to higher ranks. Aster and Eclipse.

Eclipse, the girl, proceeds to shut off the PULSE because she's suddenly having doubts about being in a violent terrorist cell. Apparently the attack is currently on her hometown. Team Meteor also used to be different until Lin came in.
>>
File: recap 14.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 14.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
Oh, but her superior was watching, and decides to punish desertion with a soul burning. Seems reasonable. Aya manages to save us the same thing, but gets captured.

A giant barrier is blocking half of this city, Calcenon. Oh, and Fern has joined Team Meteor. They ask us for the jewelry again, but we tell them to fuck off. Because we need to reach another city and the only way through the mountain due to a giant iceberg is diving through the ponds, we have to fight Charlotte, who is somehow the fire gym leader.

Dr Electrorape may have been right to keep them imprisoned.

We get the badge and HM, fight the next PULSE, and make it to Ametrine City.
>>
>>30769326
Okay, the story line is inexcusable, but the gameplay is a really good challenge. You have to keep remaking and rebalancing your team, and finding Pokémon and moves to properly handle the field effects. Considering everything but the plot, this might be my favorite fan game.
>>
>>30777589
Reborn would be unironically good if they just had a decent writer to tell them what was retarded and should not have been in the game. I don't think honouring your dead friends by making them game characters is exactly a good decision.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_my1chtQb0y1s3ot71.gif (329KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_my1chtQb0y1s3ot71.gif
329KB, 320x240px
>>30777589
>you have to keep remaking your team
>mfw I still haven't changed my team since catching sixth member
The hax was unreal on this run.
>>
File: recap 15.jpg (1MB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 15.jpg
1MB, 1980x1896px
Our true objective is Ametrine city because we want to rescue Heather and stop the sleep signal in that town. here we find the Heather has hooked herself up with some sugar daddy but is secretly distiburing food to the starving people, because her sugar daddy is a meteor agent. We're with Shelly, the bug gym leader and supposedly Bugsy's (the Johto gym leader) sister he 'never mentions'. I forgot to cap the battle we had with her much earlier, after Corey's suicide. We also find a house xplaning the origins of ZEL, and apparently it's a fusion of a sick girl, her scientist sister and a meteor agent into the meteor agent's body.

We meet the fuckface from the volcano again, Cal, and he's here to help us. We manage to break Heather out and repel the meteor invasion. However, there is no sleep signal coming from here. Cal reveals that fucking Terra, the lel so randum wacky xD gurl, is a Meteor agent and likely lied about where the sleep signal came from.

We confront her, and she...

She escapes by uploaded herself into her computer.
>>
File: recap 16.jpg (944KB, 1980x1896px) Image search: [Google]
recap 16.jpg
944KB, 1980x1896px
We enter her computer and found ourselves in a replica of gen 1, which we dig through to find and beat her. Since she's somehow a gym leader, she gives us a badge for waterfall. We can use it to descend down and rescue the suicide lesbians.

Meanwhile Titania has been murdering grunts in cold blood, using her.. Aegislash as a sword and shield. We run into Taka again and he calls her out for the edgelord she is.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 132

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.