[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking of home brewing my 3ds, but I'm confused.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: logo.png (19KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
19KB, 800x400px
I was thinking of home brewing my 3ds, but I'm confused. I have the 11.2 update, and when I go on one website it says my only option is to hardmod my 3ds. However, on YouTube I see tutorials of people installing it through pokemon Alpha Sapphire for example . What am I not understanding? Does anyone have a link to a tutorial they used? And if I'm correct that you can hardmod using Alpha Sapphire, would I lose everything on it? Thank you for anyone who is willing to help me out.
>>
Anyone?
>>
Is the home brew launcher the actual home brewing device or do I need anything before that?
>>
This should answer all of your questions
https://3ds.guide/
But bottom line, you aren't hacking your 3ds if you're on 11.2. A hard mod involves unscrewing your 3ds and breaking out the soldering iron.
>>
>>30703076
Orr...been smart/lucky enough to snag this piece of shit.

I can use pkhex and that all I need in terms of 3ds hacks desu
>>
>>30703145
Isn't there a way to do the same thing with alpha sapphire? It says so on this website. http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

But do I need to have something else on it first? It says launcher so I'm not sure.
>>
>>30703145
Is it possible to do this in 11.2?
>>
Just Get Zelda OOT and a powersave
>>
>>30704094
Does it work on 11.2?
>>
>>30704125
Apparently, going to try it when my powersave and OOT will be delivered
>>
>>30704187
I can confirm it does, that's what I have.
>>
>>30704125
Yep. I used this guys videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/LACounty8l8/videos
>>
If you just want homebrew access, all you need is an entry point like OoT3D, OR/AS, Cubic Ninja, Super Smash Bros, etc. If you want to get custom firmware like Luma3DS in your device, you'll need to do a hacked system transfer or perform a hard mod.
Regardless, you'll need a second 3DS that is already hacked or a Powersaves
>>
>>30704187
Ok thanks. And if you do that is there anyone to just play the actual game? I want to hack it but at the same time also want to play it.
>>
>>30704231
Dunno ask >>30704198
>>
>>30704231
>>30704198
Also can you install pkhex with this type of homebrew?
>>
>>30704293
Don't know I never tried. I assume you can since the hack only takes up one save file.
>>
>>30704336
k thanks. also can you install pkhex on this homebrew?
>>
>>30704315
Yes
>>
>>30704315
PKHeX is a computer program, not a homebrew app
>>
>>30704400
so then how do people use it with their games? Anyone have a link to a tutorial?
>>
>>30704440
You need a save manger program
>>
>>30704529
>save manger program
Little baby PKHeX, so tender and mild
>>
Any save managers you recommend ? I have Powersave dk if that's the same.
>>
>>30704767
>>30704852
>>
where did you guys buy your powersave. i am from a 3rd world shithole (germany) and there is only action replay 3ds powersave on amazon. is that the right one?
>>
>>30705225
GameStop.
>>
>>30704440
You export your save to the SD card, read the card on your PC and open pkhex and it should load the save automatically
>>
>>30706209
So you can only export the save with homebrew launcher? Or do you need the version where you hard mod
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.