[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a Grass-based weather condition make Grass types more viable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: climate2.jpg (14KB, 365x257px) Image search: [Google]
climate2.jpg
14KB, 365x257px
Let's say they added this weather condition and a few pokemon with abilities that trigger it. Would more Grass pokemon become competitively viable?

>Tropical Humidity
>Effects of Tropical weather condition:
>-Grass attacks do 50% more damage
>-Fire attacks do 50% less damage
>-Prevents Pokemon from being Burned
>-Solar Beam and Solar Blade take one turn, not two
>-Stun Spore & Sleep Powder cannot miss
>-Synthesis restores 66.6% HP & Ingrain restores 1/8th HP
>-Drain moves(Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Horn Leech) restore HP equal to 66.6% of the damage dealt
>>
>>30328442
>Ferrothorn becomes Uber
>>
File: 598.gif (68KB, 128x70px) Image search: [Google]
598.gif
68KB, 128x70px
>>30329025
Fund it!
>>
>>30328442
Grass types are viable. They get Spore, and offer very good utility. Grass just is a poor offensive type
>>
>>30328442
>Grassy Terrain exists
It just needs more meta
>>
>>30328442
tapu bulu ability helps op
>>
>>30329276
>all this delusion
Nothing viable gets Spore aside from Breloom and Grass is bad offensively AND defensively.
>>30329298
>>30329396
>Terrain=Weather
nigga
>>
>>30329437
>singles
>>
>>30329502
>plays meme format
Keep your doubles to yourself, faget. Gentleman play singles.
>>
How is Grass not viable already?
>>
>>30329891
It's shitty on offense and defense?
>>
>>30328442
Tapu Bulu approves.
>>
>>30330245
Tapu Bulu, Tangrowth, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss?

Shitty on offense pre-Bulu and Kartana I'll give you but electric resists that aren't grounds have always had value.

I'm talking solely about Smogon formats here though.
>>
>>30330479
Are you seriously arguing that a couple of decent pokemon make a type not bad? And that Grass isn't shitty defensively?
M8, you need to git gud.
>>
>>30330853
I'm arguing there are types that need buffs much, much more than Grass do.

And being a Ground, Water and Electric resist in one is never truly going to be bad.

What makes Grass types bad is usually move distribution and just having weak moves in general.

I think you are underestimating the typing, GF should just start making more good mons with the type, it's really not that difficult.
>>
>>30330853
Grass is one of the best defensive types because it's both a Water and Elec resist while having strong utility in hazards, Sleep Moves, and Leech Seed. There's a reason why in a game with 18 types, a tenth of the OU tier in Gen 6 was Grass. Key resistances in combination with easily mitigatable weaknesses and high utility makes Grass among the best types, not the worst.

Yes, it's an abysmal offensive type, but apparently that's still not enough to stop people from making calls that Bulu is borderline broken. Yes, there are some REALLY bad grass types, but those Pokemon could've been Fairy, Dragon, Water, or whatever else and still be bad. Bad grasses are bad because they're 400 BST shitmons, not because they're Grass type.
>>
>>30328442
Whenever I see somebody say that "Grass is not viable" I wonder if they have ever played competitively or just looked at the type chart and said "yeah, this looks bad".
Grass has some fantastic resists to omnipresent types like Ground, Electric and Water. Their full immunity to powder and seed moves is also very valuable.
>>
>>30331087
He worded what I wanted to say with this >>30330969
much better.

A lot of the bad Grass mons are just bad in general, it has nothing to do with the type.
>>
>>30328442
Giving them appropriate coverage moves and good stats would be enough. The fact that offensive grass types almost never have fire, fighting, or rock type moves and rarely have high speed is more important.
>>
>>30330969
This.

Grass is not a good offensive typing (which is sad seeing as its SE to one of the best typings, Water). Grass is a mediocre defensive type due to its weakness to common offensive types (Fire, Poison, Bug and Ice), but the problem lies within the types it resists having access to a move that hits for SE damage (Water types get Ice moves, etc), and the fact that most Grass types don't have ridiculous stat distributions.

Grass just needs some good 'mons moreso than a type buff. Ferrothorn is awesome, Amoogus is awesome, Kartana can put in work and Breloom/Venusaur is okay when built around. Grass types just need better moves and better 'mons.

Grass 'mons can find use in BOTH main weather archetypes (1 turn Solar Beams + Chlorophyll / weakened Fire moves power), and have access to a subpar Grassy Terrain (only thing I would add to the point of the OP is that GT shouldn't heal all grounded 'mons, but only Grass types or something like that).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.