[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you join a bi-weekly or weekly /vp/ cup? I am looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

File: League.jpg (120KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
League.jpg
120KB, 1024x576px
Would you join a bi-weekly or weekly /vp/ cup? I am looking to host one to see how it turns out. Could be good fun.

Also, any recommendations/tips?
>>
I find it hard to believe there is no interest in someting like this?
of course the theme differ each week
>>
>>30313921
I am and I'm also suprised noone cares.

I would love to see teams with rule:
1starter
1legendary
1not evolving mon
1 pokemon of your choice- cant be legendary
1 pokemon of your choice- cant be legendary
>>
>No Pokemon higher than level 20

For what purpose?
>>
File: Cpl3CCTUsAIbFHH.jpg (24KB, 506x279px) Image search: [Google]
Cpl3CCTUsAIbFHH.jpg
24KB, 506x279px
I'll bite.

A weekly cup with varying rules could be fun.

Try posting later in the day, more people might see it later
>>
>>30313921
4chan can't organize jack squat my good anon

There's always initial interest, but it always peters out like tailwind on its last turn. Just look at the /vp/ixelmon minecraft servers, or the various showderp radio rooms. It'll have some initial success but the steep drop in interest and participation will be heartbreaking for you as an organizer so I suggest you give up right now.
>>
>>30314227
He is right

I would like to partecipate too, but I still have to finish the story
>>
>>30314227
>Melemele mini cup

Read a bit, friendo. Because that's what OP wants to do.
>>
>>30313921
I will if you just make it up to level 50, all evos and ban legends, UBs and Tapus
>>
>>30313921
Injections yay or nay, OP?
>>
>>30313921
Could actuallly be pretty fun/interesting. When nintendy had thaat like "kanto cup" online stuff each month that was super fun as long as you're serious about organizing it.

Takes commitment and interest/real support from anons
>>
>>30313921
Sounds like fun but you should definitely post this later in the day so more people will see it.
>>
>>30314332
Who's gonna know?
>>
File: team-skull.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
team-skull.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
>>30314200
A lot of themes/rules that can be done which is the nice thing about a themed weekly cup

>>30314271
>>30314287
Why bite? I am legit serious here in organizing something like this.
I am not planning to do a round robin or regular tourney style because le internet friends not showing up or not giving a shit

Current plan is to use/write a discord bot where player A puts in a loss or a win (and perhaps player B confirms it) and points get distributed

>>30314227
The game just came out and I thought i'd be a good change of pace from the legendary/hackedmon infested battles/smogon the other threads are already into

It can also serve as a gateway to people that want to give breeding/leagues a chance.

Do you think weekly or bi-weekly or perhaps even monthly work out the best?
>>
>>30314353
Just based on a principle of honor.
>>
File: 1454795811032.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1454795811032.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>30313921
sounds fun as fuck hopefully i will be on when you decide to do this
>>
>>30314362
You should get an image for the OP to use with every thread so it can be easily spotted if people are interested.

Weekly would be cool, and then you could list a few options for stipulation packs for the next week that could be voted on.
>>
>>30314362
>Discord
Are you in a server called Pokémon Village or something like that? The way you talk sounds familiar, but I left the group. Anyways I don't like the idea of using Discord because it creates a huge circlejerk and we all know how cancerous they can get. Just look at /wfg/ for example. The circle is so real that anyone who isn't using a known trip gets ignored. I know they use Skype, but it's the same idea
>>
If someone can inject me a team so i dont have to fucking breed and ev train cuz i dont have the time i would gladly particpate
>>
>>30314353
>>30314387
>>30314332
Well indeed who's gonna know? I'd like to keep the tourneys as entry-friendly as possible though

>>30314331
But can't you just play on smogon/random online battles/vgc if you like that playstyle?

I thought it'd be more fun to give players a lot of options on breeding/choosing their mons as well instead of following a meta

>>30314433
Could do

Here are some more ideas:
>>30314200 Set teams such as this anon's idea
>Flying battles, only mons with flying type or levitate allowed
>Type battles in general
>Region-limited battles

It would give a twist on teambuilding. instead of opening up everything I think limiting the pool would force people to be more creative. What evo1 pokemons are actually good pre 20 without TM's ect.?
>>
>>30314498
dumb question. Would pokemon that dont evolve be allowed?
>>
>>30313921
>no pokemon over lv.20
>only evolve 1
>catch a lv.10 salamence on the first island
Have fun I guess?
>>
>>30314592
>only Evo 1
That means you only get to use the first evolution, Anon
>>
I wouldnt fucking battle any of you cheaters here because id win so hard lnao
>>
>>30314625
(Thou)
>>
>>30314625
Would you always have a perfectly healthy Arcanine?
>>
File: Threadpic.jpg (100KB, 966x600px) Image search: [Google]
Threadpic.jpg
100KB, 966x600px
Threadpic made
>>30314545
yes

I'll make this thread a couple of more times during the week and see if I can set up something

>>30314445
No, I'm not in any poke-related discords

Got any alternative ideas or websites we could use? I thought maybe discord would be the solution to rapidly find people to battle with, easy to join and leave and allows for chat commands for scoring
>>
>>30314673
Just use the thread, people clearly interested will lurk it. But it's your tourney, do what you want
>>
File: 290px-Melemele_Island.png (99KB, 290x165px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Melemele_Island.png
99KB, 290x165px
>>30315001
Yea, what I could do is just put a link to a google spreadsheet in it where people can adjust their own scoring/name and I highly doubt anyone would put in effort to cheat in a friendly tourney

So to kick this off, how does this sound?:
Tourney time frame:
>Starts Friday 2 Dec 19:00 CET
>Ends Sunday 4 Dec 23:59 EST

Format:
>Group tournament point ranking
>Look in thread for people to battle with
>Win = +1 point
>Loss = -1 point
>Revenge win = +2 points
>Highest point wins

League #0 Theme:
Melemele Mini Cup
>No pokemon higher then lv20
>No legendary pokemon
>No offensive TM's
>Only evo1 pokemon (including pokemon that do not evolve)
>Bring 6, choose 3 for a 3v3 (default?)

Early signup (to see if theres animo) to let people know you're interested (free signup is open throughout the week & tourney):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rsm_Fer6pp4Y2Beivt__wJ3vXqW7NsgMKr7FFu6neVE/edit?usp=sharing

Rewards:
TBD

Future theme entry idea's reply to this post(and we'll see how many people would be interested in them)
>>
>>30313921
use weight and height instead of levels

no way shit like tauros and scyther would be fair vs pikachu and jigglypuff.
>>
>>30313921
>Would you join a bi-weekly or weekly /vp/ cup?
Fucking yes this sounds so fun as long as it doesn't turn into e-celeb tripshit garbage,
>>
>>30315393
>No offensive TM
Explain?
Like do you mean natural level up moves?
>>
>>30315422
Thats actually quite a good idea, the lv is mostly there to keep the entry point of the very first tourney pretty low

>>30315496
Yea, no teaching ghastly psychic and sweeping a team with simply the raw power of a TM move, but moves like work up should be allowed (maybe?)
>>
I'm in and I hope /vp/ gets filled with tournaments. SM is the perfect game for this, since we'll be able to do this on global link, and teams can be shared through QR code.

I just want a confirmation for this one. If there's at least 7 people I'll register tomorrow.
>>
>>30315545
>moves like workup be allowed (maybe?)
Idk I guess so, most these mons will be frail I think so that's if you can setup.
I'm guessing egg moves are ok though then?
I really want to try this, I'm ev traing some mons already and most are still low leveled phew.
>>
>>30315545
Also, how you're going to deal with some pokémon? Stuff like Sonic Boom Magnemite, Dragon Rage and Wishiwashi might be too good.
>>
>>30315609
Mmm yeah good thing someone thought of this kek. I'd say supersonic should be good, dragon rage though...
>>
>>30315609
>>30315646
Sonic boom is alright, most pokemons should be around 50-60 health @ lv20
Could just come to an agreement that dragon rage is banned?

Wishiwashi could be an interesting pick, I don't necessarily want to just throw a ban on everything and let people figure stuff out themselves a bit

Egg moves should be fine, perhaps add a damage limit of 70?
Re: I'm afraid of just throwing a ban on everything already and hope to let people figure stuff out themselves

>>30315563
it'll probably not go that fast, I'll just keep the signups open for everyone during the tourney itself aswell so theres no need to fear being left out or not having the time

The most important thing I want to stress here is that it should just be fun and easy entry for all.
You want to challenge the current top player? just look at the points for some challenge/test, you stuck with a team without egg moves or fine-tuned IV/EV's? look at people that are low on the points and battle them.
>>
>>30315779
Are you going to ban the same stuff Smogon does for their Little Cup?

Drifloon
Gligar
Meditite
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Scyther
Sneasel
Swirlix
Tangela
Yanma
>>
>>30315779
You're right, we'd have to see how this one goes and then make some minor adjustments then. Anyways I'm definitely uo for this.
>that feel when Z-Splash Magikarp might have a chance to shine
:')
>>
File: d3158.jpg (20KB, 460x338px) Image search: [Google]
d3158.jpg
20KB, 460x338px
>>30315393
Just signed myself up. Let's do this boys.
>>
is op kill
>>
>>30315853
Erm, I'll look into it later tonight
like >>30315873 is saying
I might just change it all up apart from smogon

>>30316029
no

Big question is now, for this first cup, how hardcore do you guys wanna do it? Egg moves and with smogon bans or just a more basic ruleset with everything goes?
Does it even matter with the point system because you can just look someone up with equal rating/powerlevel?
>>
I'll sign up but dunno if I can participate due to working weekends.

I'd always be interested in stupid types of battles like Flying battles, Dive battles, or maybe even Dig (Pokemon able to learn Dig) battles, under 400 BST, mirror matches or whatever.
>>
>>30316079
I would ban dragon rage and pokemon that can't evolve it. Stuff like Tauros, Aerodactyl, Wishiwashi, Skarmory would be too good.

Egg moves allowed, no offensive TMs allowed.
>>
File: XIaDnBI.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
XIaDnBI.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Another idea for a theme: Team Red & Blue
Choose a side to fight for, fight players of the other side
Side with most points win

or

choose (character) red or blue, fight other blues as red or reds as blue to score points for either character

I gotta run guys, I'll be back in like a couple of hours and see if the thread is still up/make a new thread and adjust the current mini/little cup a bit

Great to see people being interested in this
>>
File: 4c21a33ea69d57621a9275419fa69ea7.jpg (359KB, 744x1010px) Image search: [Google]
4c21a33ea69d57621a9275419fa69ea7.jpg
359KB, 744x1010px
>>30314362
>Legit serious

Then so am I
>>
>>30316253
Sounds complicated since you cant get Kanto starters as of now, I think?

Take care, hopefully you come back quick
>>
>>30316375
Running off of that idea, just have a Team A and a Team B, people pick a side and battle the other side.

Each team can be like 6-8 Pokemon to choose between so there are a couple alternatives.
>>
>>30316253
I like the first idea, second idea sounds a bit stale.
>>
>>30316375
>>30316433
yea thats what ment
>forgot mobile phones existed for a second
mobile LeagueOP lurking
>>
bumping for interest
>>
I'm game depending upon when its held.
>>
>>30316813
>>30315393
>>
>>30316813
>>
Um how do I sign up, on mobile...
>>
Is Eviolite going to be banned?
>>
>>30315393
Just signed up. Much love for putting together community events. I hope this gets the support it deserves
>>
Interesting. I'd just like to know if it should be Pokémon caught in the wild or if they have to be bred.

And maybe some other time we could try doing a sync run, just like the one we did with XY earlier this year.
As the name implies, people play the game at the same time, organizing a small tournament after beating every gym and the champion. It would be fun, we just need to find a way to make it work with Alola.
>>
Aww this should be fun.
>>
I was thinking about the following aswell:
>win = 3 points
>loss = 1 point
>draw = 1 point
>concecutive wins against the same player 2/1 point, loses 1/0

perhaps also allow players to batltle eachother multiple times in a row? who am I to stop the fun
>>
>mfw i will use eviolite type null
:^)
>>
File: d3058.png (453KB, 640x821px) Image search: [Google]
d3058.png
453KB, 640x821px
>>30317724
If Eviolite and/or Null isn't banned that is
>>
>>30317765
Shhh nothin pershunel kiddo
>>
>>30313921
That sound like a cool idea OP. How about something like monotype teams every two weeks?
>>
>>30314287
>4chan can't organize jack squat my good anon

>implying Quest threads weren't successful
>implying MSP threads weren't successful

I don't see why this wouldn't work.
>>
>>30317724
you can't get a lv20 type null
>>
>>30318096
>what is pkhex
>>
>>30318113
It's still not legal
>>
>>30315393
Guess I'm out, I have to work on Friday until 18:00 CST and still have to get home till 20:00 CST.
>>
>>30313921
A tourney on a board full of Injection threads sure
>>
>>30313921
you should have two events, one themed and one vanilla.

there are a lot of people who don't want to fuck with themes and a lot of people who don't want to take shit too seriously. you should cater to both.
>>
Cant we give it a trial go today?
>>
>>30317692
>loss = 1
Sounds like some pussy-ass point system.
>>
Wi-Fi Battle Discord:
https://discord.gg/aTC3J
>>
Alright. Sounds fun. Someone add me, ign:ricky. Dont remember my FC. When i get home i can modify the spreadsheet.
>>
>>30318705
>Discord
Kill yourself
>>
Changed the spreadsheet to comment only, just drop in a comment and I'll add you manually
Might look into a signup site or something else later.

Need to make a statement about hackmons >>30318113

Only legal mons allowed, I would say legit mons aswell, but we all know you will never be able to know
We could make some fun themes such as only caught mons allowed later on and we can adjust the tournament rules to our own liking with votes for theme and format ect. further down the line.
>>
>>30319156
challonge is the only good signup site
>>
>>30317277
Should be.
>>
>>30318577
Nah I want to give people some time in advance, and wait for a fresh weekend. Rushing it will only be its downfall most likely. Also people should just learn of this thing's existance
I think friday is fine

>>30318516
Its from Friday american evening to Sunday european night

>>30318553
Can always just call people out and put up battle replays

>>30318560
Well the vanilla one is just standard VGC? Also hosting 2 events at the same time could get chaotic.

Just gonna let the thread roll for a bit and see what people want/enjoy before I set up the final ruleset and probably post it tonight/tomorrow so people know exactly what to go for.
So far a lot of great feedback and animo for it, lets just keep it simple and small and we can let it grow over time
>>
>>30319511
I mean friday european evening to sunday american night*
Which should give more then enough time for both groups to enjoy the event
>>
>>30319273
That might nerf some defensive mon strategies though so everything will just be hyper offense.
>>
>>30319273
>>30319565
Could allow 1x evolite on your partner mon, sort of like a final boss idea
>>
>>30319156
This might be an obvious question but did you sign up the ones that were already on the spreadsheet?
>>
>>30319844
The spreadsheet is the signup list itself
>>
>>30318705
Invite expired.
>>
I'm interested and I have a few comments after making my way through the thread.
1. Smogon has a ban list that is in part informed by the fact that their LC rules allow for offensive TMs. Our LC wouldn't have that, rules as currently written, so I'm not sure following any of their bans is necessary. Furthermore, they use 6 man teams, don't they? I've never played Smogon LC, but bring 3 probably changes things a lot.
2. In fact I think its probably better to just do whatever for the first few, and we can figure things out as they go. I mean we should absolutely ban dragon rage, probably have an item clause, and maybe we want to ban pokemon that can't evolve, or at least limit them.
3. This is just my opinion, but I think just having weekly (or bi-weekly) little c/vp/ is better than switching it up every week. If people get sick of it after a while we can change it up, but something consistent will probably make a stronger foundation.
>>
>>30319948
I remember participating in an XY playthrough that happened about a year ago around this time and we had tournaments after certain checkpoints.

Would this be something like that or is just like a LC battle league?
>>
>>30319948
>1. Smogon has a ban list that is in part informed by the fact that their LC rules allow for offensive TMs. Our LC wouldn't have that, rules as currently written, so I'm not sure following any of their bans is necessary. Furthermore, they use 6 man teams, don't they? I've never played Smogon LC, but bring 3 probably changes things a lot.
>2. In fact I think its probably better to just do whatever for the first few, and we can figure things out as they go. I mean we should absolutely ban dragon rage, probably have an item clause, and maybe we want to ban pokemon that can't evolve, or at least limit them.
>3. This is just my opinion, but I think just having weekly (or bi-weekly) little c/vp/ is better than switching it up every week. If people get sick of it after a while we can change it up, but something consistent will probably make a stronger foundation.

1+2 Yes and yes, we will make our own ruleset that aren't based on Smogons or VGC's
3 Maybe, for now I just want to make a little cup because its easy to get into for people that just got their hands on the game and doesn't need a lot of farming, people are already thinking up about other leagues though

I see a lot of people want mono-team battles as well, we could roll randomly or vote for a type and build a team consisting of only that type pokemon

Right now its just a test run, league #0 with a low entry(or atleast I think so) for anyone interested.
We will see this friday (I will make this thread everyday) and go from there really
Also because I am not planning to run with a round robin tournament but a point/rating based one, which means people are free to come and go as they see fit and you are not bound by other players.
Play/win alot over the weekend? get a lot of points, not that hardcore? battle against pointed players, should be fun for everyone

>>30319984
Someone else mentioned this earlier, sounds like a great idea
>>
>>30320220
I'll sign up later on today. I love community events like this. Kind of reminds of the good ol' days when /vp/ and 2ch organized WT events.

If we end up doing a LC league or a playthrough League, I'm participating regardlessly. I think I may have the rule pic from the playthrough saved somewhere on my computer and I can post it here when I do.
>>
>>30320220
>I see a lot of people want mono-team battles as well
They could just be a vocal minority. I for one am against that, I feel like it's too restrictive and I just want to use my favorite NFE mons to whoop ass with.
>>
doubles or singles?
>>
>>30320275
Sure do, I can always use more ref

>>30320536
Well right now its just a LC, but always open for other (different) themed leagues, doesn't have to be LC, we will just have to see what people want to do when voting on the next thing

>>30320611
Singles
>>
>>30320220
also
egg moves
I feel like the best rule would be something like
Egg moves are allowed BUT
they have to be a move bred from a mon who is below level 20.
I.e. you can't breed dragon rush onto dratini.
or is that already obvious to everyone else?
>>
>>30320773
There will be a power limit to moves, I'll set up a solid format tonight and post it in tomorrows thread

maybe I can use organizing this as an excuse to myself to buy me a n3ds and pokemon moon aswell
>>
>>30320773
Wtf why
>>
>>30321629
wtf why what?
why would letting you breed 120 base power moves onto lc/vp/ pokemon be bad?
>>
>>30313921
Not Smogon sponsored, won't participate
>>
File: 220px-Pokémon_League.png (146KB, 220x341px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Pokémon_League.png
146KB, 220x341px
Bump, made an OP, ima hit the sack, post some neat team idea's/theory-crafting while I am gone or repost it for me if there is interest. Good night

-
Weekly /vp/ battle league #0
>What is this?
A (bi-?)weekly themed weekend tournament based around a rating system which means you can challenge or call out in the thread for a battle with someone and win/lose rating based on your performance (where we place a little trust in the community for now).
This week is a Little Cup to test the waters with a low entry requirement so that everyone that wants to get into it can give it a shot regardless of where they are in the game.

This week: Melemele Little Cup
Starts @ Friday, 2 Dec 19:00 CET
Ends @ Sunday, 4 Dec 23:59 EST
Format: Singles, bring 6, fight 3v3, rating based tournament

Rules:
>All pokemon must be level 20
>Only pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolution
>Only legal pokemon allowed
>Z-moves & berries are allowed

Banned:
>Moves with a damage ratio higher than 81 (Dragon Rush, Brave Bird ect.) (Z-moves excluded)
>Offensive TM’s (Psychic, Flamethrower ect.)
>Dragon Rage
>Any item that is not a berry or a z-move

Early Signup:
You can signup whenever you want, even during the league weekend.
Put in a comment with your IGN/FC in the spreadsheet and I’ll add you manually:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rsm_Fer6pp4Y2Beivt__wJ3vXqW7NsgMKr7FFu6neVE/

Might use the global-link Friendly Competition mode once it’s released, but we’ll see
-
>>
>>30323801
Put in a comment with your IGN/FC in the spreadsheet or in the thread and I’ll add you manually*
>>
>>30323801
>>30323921
>zmove and berries only
Oh thanks fuck I dont have choice items and related yet. Sounds fair I'll just pit my ign here and my fc
Ign: Leam
Fc: 3969-8739-5495
I really can't wait for this, all I see on /wfg/ are trades and zero battles lol.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>30323801
>>Only pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolution

Probably easier to say unevolved 1st stage Pokemon.
>>
>>30323801
>Offensive TM’s (Psychic, Flamethrower ect.)
What about the pledges? Are those ok on, say, Cyndaquil or Popplio?
>>
>>30328280
>Banned
>Moves with higher damage ratio than 81
I assume that means base power
>>
>>30328468
The pledges are tutor moves, and I'm pretty sure that the tm ban is to prevent access to op moves
>>
File: d1041.jpg (141KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
d1041.jpg
141KB, 534x820px
>>30323801
>no draco meteor
>>
bumpin
>>
>>30313921
Prizes?

/ck/ does like a month long cookoff once a year and people donate prizes. Doesnt have to be anything special. Could be just a little keychain or pokemon card
>>
>>30315393
Follow up question, are people willing to give their mailing addresses anywhere if I want to donate a plush or a card or something as a prize?
>>
>>30314227
>wahh wahh i can't use my hacked shiny Garchomp with 6 IV's
>>
>>30316433
I like this

I also like flying battles and dive battles.
>>
Is it Friday yet :/
>>
>>30332122
No, sadly. I'm actually really excited for this.
>>
>>30323801
>Scyther allowed
Why don't we make a quick ban list before this shit goes down the drain?
>>
>>30313921
I'm totally down to organize this with you anon. Email me at [email protected]
>>
>>30313921
I like the idea OP! I dunno if I have time for it, but there are lots of different rules you can try out
>>
>>30323801
Starters only
>each from different generations
>2 fire, 2 water, 2 grass starters
>roll or bet on mons to keep teams diverse and interesting
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.