[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clearing up the IV/EV training confusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 15

File: p08_03[1].jpg (39KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p08_03[1].jpg
39KB, 400x240px
Because there's so much fucking retarded misinformation being spread around by complete faggots who haven't even played the games, I thought I should do us all a favor and explain how the new IV and EV training shit works and why it is BETTER THAN GEN 6 when fully understood and maximized.

The TL;DR: edition:

IVs:
>To Hyper Train, you need a Bottle Cap and a Pokemon at level 100
>There are two types of Bottle Caps, one which max out one stat and one which maxes out all stats
>Hyper Training doesn't actually set IVs to 31, it instead sets a flag that makes the game treat all IVs as 31, meaning that the ORIGINAL HIDDEN POWER IS KEPT
>In other words, a Hyper Trained Ditto is not a 31 IV Ditto and will use the old imperfect IVs when bred
>Bottle Caps can be obtained by trading Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shards with a guy at the Festival Plaza. Shards can be obtained from the Pelago.
>"hurr durr no blissey bases how do I get to level 100" - Levels can be raised using most of the same features that raise EVs (Plaza, Pelago) described below

EVs - The Poke Pelago (PASSIVELY TRAIN EVS WHILE YOU SLEEP OR DO SOMETHING ELSE)
>At the third and final upgrade, Isle Evelup has 3 groups. Each group can have up to 6 Pokemon each and each group can focus on training one stat at a time.
>WITHOUT Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 30 minutes (8 EVs per hour or 31 and a half hours to max a stat).
>WITH Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 15 minutes (16 EVs per hour or 15 and a half hours to max a stat).
>You can set the precise interval you want to train if you want to reach a specific final EV.

(cont.)
>>
File: 1476106610150.jpg (33KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1476106610150.jpg
33KB, 564x564px
EVs - The Festival Plaza (FREE, INSTANT EV MAXING)
>One of the booth types in the Plaza is a shop that sells EV boosting drinks (for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles). At the highest level, these shops sell drinks that can fully maximize a stat.
>The shops can sell multiple EV maxing drinks ("Max HP", "Max Def" etc.) but you can only buy each drink once a day per shop (meaning that you could buy both the HP and the Def drink in one day).
>You can have up to 7 booths in your Plaza, and they can be duplicates of one another. In other words, in the best case scenario, YOU CAN *INSTANTLY* MAXIMIZE EACH STAT UP TO 7 TIMES PER DAY
>"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone from /wfg/ with it and its yours. Quick and easy.
>"hurr what if i only want 128 EVs" - There are medium and small size drinks as well in lower tier shops.

EVs - Wild Pokemon
>it just like how it worked in gen 5, except faster (but not as fast as hordes) because of Exp Share and the fact that wild pokemon can summon allies for quick grinding.

TL;DR of TL;DR:
You can max EVs while you don't even play the games, and you can also instantly max out EVs by buying drinks. It's faster than Gen 6, it just requires a bit of time to set up first. Stop spouting shit.
>>
>>29864504
And to clarify, yes, that is 7 * 6 = 42 maximized stats per day using only drinks, provided you clone 7 shops that have all max drinks in them. There are also EV resetting drinks and drinks for boosting levels and friendship.
>>
>>29864556
How much does the level boosting drink boost?
>>
>>29864489
Good job, OP

Very informative
>>
>>29864489
Thanks anon.
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
You're a fucking saint.

I've been worried about EVs. Im waiting till the game comes out to play it, so I've basically been searching for scraps of information on how these worked. You've cleared some shit up and it really doesn't seem that bad.

I do still wish Super Training was in, seems a little pointless to remove it, especially since it doesn't interfere with these features, but still, this is good news.

Based OP.
>>
It's objectively slower than hordes, but still not awful.
>>
>>29864628
0 minutes is faster than whatever minutes it takes to horde train.
>>
>once per day drinks and mobile phone tier auto training that's slow as fuck

This isn't better than Gen 6.
>>
>>29864596
>That censor

Whats even the point?
>>
>>29864596
Uh, wrong pic?
>>
>>29864596
Why does that boy have a vagoo?
>>
>>29864637
You can train 5 pokemon at once with hordes. You can not with the drinks.
>>
>>29864645
It's there so they can say it's censored. You can't see what it's covering, right? It's the same reason for the really thin line censors you see on stuff sometimes. Doesn't really block your view of anything, but they can be 100% truthful when they say it's censored.
>>
>>29864683
And you can train 18 Pokemon at once with Isle Pelago :^)
>>
>>29864596
Why do they always draw them so shiny?
>>29864645
Japnese law states you have to have at least something covered by a black bar

With that it can be sold anywhere even near schools
>>
>>29864683
You can drink up to 42 drinks per day with drinks.
>>
>>29864489
All good and well but in terms of accessibility and early convenience, Super Training was still preferable. People liked how you could start EV training as soon as you obtained your started. I'm aware that this method allows you to do the same but it's not readily accessible and is needlessly convoluted in comparison to Super Training.

People are mad because it takes time to get it to its maximum efficiency as oppossed to the simplicity and accessibility of Super Training.
>>
>>29864489
If most of the new pokemon are slow, wouldnt it just be better to EV train old mons in Gen 6 and transfer them later? i mean, which of the new ones are competition worth now?
>>
>It's faster than Gen 6, it just requires a bit of time to set up first
>literally takes several days and playing online to set it up

wow so much better (^:
>>
>>29864645

>Japan

What's even the point?
>>
>levels can be raised using the features described below
>doesn't describe the level raising features

good going OP.
>>
>>29864700
Which takes hours. Still slower.
>>
>>29864727
>buy game
>go to /wfg/
>add faggot with shop
>go to plaza
>clone shop
>???
>instant free EVs
kys
>>
File: image.png (702KB, 592x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
702KB, 592x460px
Mfw I can just use pkhex
>>
>>29864644
You can EV train while doing something else. How is that not better?
>>
File: rVhNQ70.png (31KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
rVhNQ70.png
31KB, 512x256px
Very good, OP. Screencapping. Finally /vp/ is not retarded for once, thanks for the info.
>>
>>29864504
>You can set the precise interval you want to train if you want to reach a specific final EV.
So I can set 36 HP EVs and they stop when reach that much? Ok, I think that I like it more than gen VI
>>
>>29864489
Fuck that shit I'll stay with pkhex. Good to know that you can have max IVs with HP Ice
>>
are the drinks actual items or are they consumed as soon as you buy them? If they are items you could stockpile them, which would be nice, but i vaguely remember the stuff in join avenue all being immediate use.
>>
>>29864761
Cheating isn't the same, moron.
>>
>>29864644
The once per day thing is a dumb requirement, but if you optimize your shop you can insta-boost a pokemon. The auto train thing is also passive with 18 pokemon at a time, so while technically slower its something you can set aside and not even play the game to do. I'm okay with spending a day breeding some pokemon, sleeping, and waking up to them halfway EV trained.

Is this method ideal? No, its weird and round about. But it's got it's advantages.
I dont know about you, but I rarely train up more than one pokemon per day. It's too tedious, I get too quickly bored, even with the quicker Gen 6 method. The drinks, while stupid that theyre limited, should serve that purpose well. And for more specific stat spreads, I would imagine Vitamins still work in conjunction. It's a weird method but it shouldnt be an issue.
>>
How do you get gold bottle caps?
>>
>Hyper Training doesn't actually set IVs to 31

I hate GF so much
>>
>>29864504
>>29864489
Do we have easy ascess to a drink that removes all ev trained?
If so, I'm fucking set.
>>
>>29864489
>Hyper Training doesn't actually set IVs to 31, it instead sets a flag that makes the game treat all IVs as 31, meaning that the ORIGINAL HIDDEN POWER IS KEPT
This right here makes the entire thing absolute madness and an utter, utter waste of time. What kind of self-respecting designer thought of this? Sheer retardation.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion OP, now I know not to get Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29864556
Also, once /wfg/ picks up speed, you can replace shops with other shops of the same type to effectively reset their cooldown.
>>
>>29864808
Yes, you would just set the group to train for 4h 30min.
>>
So I only have 2 questions
Is there a way to minimize IVs?
Is there a way to reset EVs?
>>
>>29864844
Hidden Power would be fucked over by that
>>
>>29864844
Bro, Hidden Power
>>
>>29864844
>You can now have 70 BP Hidden Power with technically maxed out stats for ALL Hidden Power types
Yeah, I hate Game Freak too for not forcing everyone who uses it to have HP Dark.
>>
Hopefully powersaves codes include 999 each of these drinks
>>
>>29864489
>game treats the mon as 31 IVs
> original IVs remains for breeding.

Goodbye Duskball IV'd Dhelmise, genderless is such a pain. (Unless they changed breeding rules for the balls.)
>>
>>29864896
>still no HP fairy
>>
>>29864875
It's literally the same thing, but better.
>>
how can I check the IV ?!
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
That was really useful. Thanks OP.
Do you have any information regarding the EXP gain, both on Pelago and the drinks?
>>
>>29864744
With. Horde training you need to be leveling the same state on all pokemon. With this method, you can FULLY MAX 42 DIFFERENT STATS IN MINUTES.
>>
File: failed crop.jpg (216KB, 974x730px) Image search: [Google]
failed crop.jpg
216KB, 974x730px
>>29864866
yes

also they aren't always drinks, they could also be meals or sweets or whatever
>>
>>29864915
Are you shitting me?
>>
>>29864910
They did for males at least.
>>
>>29864915
The formula that determines HP type and power does not allow for another type to be added.
>>
>>29864927
Seconding exp method, just so we can shut up the shitposters once and for all. All the misinformation going around /vp/, no, the whole internet is pissing me off.
>>
>>29864742
Every EV training method can also grant levels if you choose. There are shops that give level up drinks instead of EV drinks, and the island can set a group to EXP train instead of EV train.
>>
>>29864910
Yeah you can breed balls on genderless.
>>
>>29864949
They would have to create a new combination of IV spread to determine a Fairy type HP; i don't even know if they technically even could. I'm surprised they didn't bother trying this generation actually get that done.
>>
Thank you very much for the info, anon. This should go in a pastebin or something.

You know it's hilarious how with access to datamines and the entire game itself before release that there is so much misinformation going around.

I recall the exact opposite when X/Y came out, before the 3DS could be hacked. People on here actually worked together in compiling accurate information and helping each other out about the game's competitive and multiplayer mechanics rather than shitposting and whining.

I really miss pre-3DS-hacking-scene /vp/.
>>
>>29864964
Just separate that from IVs
>>29864970
How many levels do the drinks give?
>>
>>29864889
>>29864891
>>29864896

Just make it so you can choose your HP type, problem solved.
>>
>>29864875
>all the benefits of 31 IVs, but you get to choose your hidden power
>"THATS IT! IM NOT BUYING THE GAME NOW!"
Wat
>>
>>29864923
>Spend a shitton of time getting some shit item that only faux-maxes your IV
>Max IV doesn't apply for anything that actually matters
>Better than breeding
Brilliant.
>>
>>29864489
Ah, thank you OP for clarifying!!
>>
>>29864968
>>29864927
No idea on exp for pelago or drinks, but I've read that there are drinks that can boost the level by 9.
>>
>>29864909
They don't go in your inventory.

Gonna be hard to make it into a code, it would involve real time memory editing most likely. There will be infinite FC codes though.
>>
>>29865034
>Using Hidden Power non-ironically
What's it like using shitmons?
>>
>>29865015
>Just separate that from IVs
That defeats the purpose of Hidden Power entirely. It's called "Hidden Power" because it draws from the literally hidden power of the Pokemon: IVs. If anything, Normal HP should become Fairy HP.
>>
>>29864944
Is FC just BP? I hope I haven't been stockpiling Pokemiles in Pokebank for nothing
>>
>>29865020
In all honesty, Hidden Power needs to be removed from IVs and determined by some other factor in the games. Or like you said, a way to choose your HP type, even if it means sending your mon into some training facility to learn a specific type of HP.
>>
>>29864910
It uses the "fathers" ball. Breeding a genderless with a Ditto treats the genderless as the father.
>>
>>29865039
>things that matter
Like what? Getting max IVs on a Pokemon so you can pass them to another Pokemon instead of just skipping the middleman and using a bottlecap on the second one?
>>
>>29865034

>all the benefits of 31 IVs

They probably won't send over to future gens when/if Hyper Training gets removed.
>>
>>29864909
at that point, you might as well inject
>>
>>29865010
Ironically, X/Y days were the best moments of /vp/ despite the games being harshly criticised.

Sun / Moon are looking to be the best Pokémon games to date but it's hated more than ORAS.
>>
>>29865039
>for anything that actually matters
It applies to your Pokemon's stats, which is LITERALLY THE ONLY THING IT WAS EVER USED FOR.
>>
>>29865058
Will fuck at least there's still EV codes.

Are the ev boosting wings in the game?

I know >powersave but it's easier for me than trying to make sense of homebrew and injecting
>>
>>29865039
>Better than breeding
Who said it was supposed to REPLACE breeding?

That anon is right. Getting perfect IVs is exactly the same as it was before, but now with an extra option to get that even in unique mons like legendaries and shinies.
>>
File: 1456935562506.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456935562506.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>29865020
>>29865080
>let's make it so that Hidden Power isn't so hidden anymore
Hidden Power's mechanics are obtuse but just use a battling sim or injection if you're too lazy to get the one you want.
>>
Is there someone that checks IVs to know if you have max?
Could be easy to just chain a Ditto and go for that.

Also, I imagine breeding was kept the same right? Everstone and Destiny Knot do the ame right?
>>
>>29865132
>X/Y days were the best moments of /vp/

I think you meant the BW days. XY period was shit.
>>
>>29865161
You can unlock the ability to check IVs/potential straight from the PC.
>>
>>29865144
>t's easier for me than trying to make sense of homebrew and injecting

Do you have some sort of disability?
>>
Why would anyone even use hidden piwer anymore? Isnt its bp 60 now since gen 6?
>>
>>29865189
You dont have to be an asshole about. Btw making fun of disabilities is not funny
>>
>>29865175
Wait, how? The IV checker at the battle tree is sleeping and refuses to check my mons. How do I do it?
>>
>>29865132
BW2 was way better since it was the last game that had a positive general consensus on /vp/
>>
>>29865165
>tfw Magnemite Trade General will never return
Actually... now that I think about it, it could be a thing if GTS trades give you FC. Which I heard Wonder trading does, so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>29865191
It's better than no coverage at all.
>>
>>29865191
HP Ice, HP Ground and HP Electric are still good thanks to the abundance of things with 4x weaknesses to those types.
>>
>>29865191
Ice, Ground, and Fire still see use, specifically for Pokemon who don't have anything better to deal with Ferrothorn, Heatran, or anything 4x weak to ice.
>>
>>29865189
No i just don't get how it works plus i've read it can fuck up your 3ds
>>
>>29865060
>using Hidden Power non-ironically is for shitmons
This man obviously doesn't play OU. Hidden Power is a very commonly used coverage move simply because no matter what species of Pokemon it's run on, it can be any type in the game- handy for when a Pokemon is amazing in all other respects but has no other option for a certain type.
>>
How do you check Hidden Power in SM?
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
What's the easiest way to zero out a Pokemon's EVs to straighten them out?
>>
>>29865288
Nursery.
>>
>>29865296
EV reducing drinks.
>>
>>29865296
By using these (>>29864944)
>>
>>29865296

Check >>29864944
>>
>>29865277

Homebrew can't do shit to your 3DS. CFW can but you have to fuck up real badly.
>>
I just want someone to test out Ditto chains to see if they can get a 6IV one.
>>
So, there's no way to minimize your ivs?
>>
>>29864489
How do you upgrade Poke Pelago?
>>
>>29865400
You do it.
>>
File: 284[1].png (357KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
284[1].png
357KB, 600x840px
>>29865563
beans
>>
OH WOW YEAH THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN GEN 6
IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT TO IMMEDIATELY EV TRAIN MY POKEMON AND USE THEM AS FAST AS I CAN
NO, I WANT TO CATCH THEM THEN WAIT ABOUT 2 DAYS WHILE IT EV TRAINS BEFORE I CAN USE IT
FUCK YOU GAMEFREAK AND FUCK YOU OP FOR BEING A SHILL
>>
>>29865619
Drinks.
>>
File: 67888876[1].jpg (30KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
67888876[1].jpg
30KB, 500x346px
>>29865619
>>
>>29864504
>>"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone from /wfg/ with it and its yours. Quick and easy.
How do you exactly do his? I can't seem to find an option to do so
>>
>>29864748

that you need to spend 30+ FC on.
>>
This is what I keep saying and no one is paying attention!
HYPER TRAINING IS SHIT! When they remove Hyper Training in future games (because that's what GF does), all the stats raised with HT will revert to their original values! You people are not aware of how shitty this is!
>>
>>29865082
What balls are available in the game?
>>
>>29865763
Every single ball minus the obvious ones (Dream and Cherish).
>>
>>29865761
nice groundless assumptions
>>
>>29865692
Go into the castle, talk to the lady that can summon people, and ask the person what their favorite shop is. That lets you copy whatever shop that person has to the direct right of their castle.

Likewise, if you get a good shop, please talk to the construction guy to move it to the plot right next to the castle.
>>
>>29865817
Have you seen the code? Because that's what it seems like. HT adds a flag to the stats and creates what's basically a new set of IVs, If they remove HT code from future game, those flags will probably not be present and the stats will revert.
>>
>>29864718
Toxapex for sure, the UBs probably. Not sure about anything else though, tbdesu.
>>
>>29865896
The groundless assumption is the one about future games, you dipshit.
>>
>>29865896
but that would make about as much sense as removing the pokeball data or HAs, or even ribbons
if it's in the pokemon data, it's not going away
>>
If it's anything like with Pokemiles, just transferring my Pokemon with Pokemon Bank is probably going to give me more than I'll ever use. Easiest competitive viability ever and no risk they have a PKHEX detection.
>>
>>29865763
Everything except Cherish balls, as usual.

There are Jhoto balls, but there is only 1 of each of them. I think you can get more from ball shops though. Alternatively, because balls now pass down from the father, you can just catch a few generic Pokémon with common egg groups, and breed them down.
>>
>>29865761
>if they remove a feature then the whatever the pokémon got from that feature will be erased as well
Yeah man I sure loved having my Gen 3-4 ribbons disappearing when I transferred my pokémon to Gen 5.

I bet they'll remove the EVs from the pokémon we Super Training on as well.
>>
>>29865914
Fuck off asshole! Groundless assumption? GF is always introducing features only to remove them later.
>>
>>29865976
...or the apricorn balls... or the previous gen moves
>>
>>29865761
That's some top class bitching considering we never even had the option before anyway. You faggots wanted an easier way to get competitively viable IVs. Here it is. It's not perfect, but it fulfills its intended purpose. Make the best of what you got.
>>
>Without hours of grinding for EVs I'll lose Youtube Subscribers
>>
>>29865984
It's not a simple feature, it's a straight up change to the main mechanics. Did they remove natures, or the physical / special split? No, so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29865984
Features, yes. Game data, no.

The only time they removed game data was when they literally soft resetted the franchise in Gen 3.
>>
>>29865896
>the pokeball you catch a mon in doesn't matter because they can just change that in future games so it doesn't matter
t. Retard

It won't happen for 5 more years, and when it does you can't use your current team ANYWAY because every game requires Pokémon breed in that region to use them online.
>>
>>29865984
It's literally groundless. They didn't remove phased out moves, ribbons, balls or whatever. Stop being retarded.
>>
But how common are Bottle Caps?
>>
They removed the National Dex and turned it into a $5 app bundled into another app, can anyone really assume they won't strip out other, major things just because they're incompetent and out of touch?
>>
>>29866059
>national dex
>major
wat
The game still works exactly the same without it.
>>
>>29866059
These are literally not comparable, but keep being dumb for our entertainment.
>>
>>29865951
Ok, makes sense but I would still be more relieved if the actual IV was changed as that would be permanent.

>>29865976
Super Training changes your stats/EVs permanently. It does not create a new set of stats like HT does.
>>
>>29866100
It has both an upside and a downside desu. Being able to just reset/breed for the proper hidden power and nothing else is a massive boon that people are underestimating.
>>
>>29866059
The $5 app is Pokémon Bank itself. Quit the exaggeration. How did you plan on getting your old Mons into the new games anyway?
>>
>>29866059
>turned it into a $5 app

>thread posted to clear up misunderstandings
>this guys come with another misunderstanding to justify his retarded idea that they'll remove basic game mechanics

Access to the Bank is free, but depositing pokémon isn't. You can download the app and access the national dex without spending a cent.
>>
>>29864489
can you make a pastebin or something for future usage, thanks a lot
>>
>>29865965

Balls from the father only pass with dittos.
>>
File: 1478998001519.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1478998001519.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>Doing all of this when Pkhex exists
>Missing all the times training instead of battling

>mfw
>>
>>29866016
>>29866025
You 2 are fucking retarded. I'm having a genuine concern about something they could have implemented in a much more simple way: change the actual IV.
>>
>>29866059
Thank you.gif
>>
who tells you when your evs are maxed
>>
>>29866100
>It does not create a new set of stats like HT does
The way Hyper Training works suggests that now there's a new hidden value to every pokémon. They have never removed things like that, not even when they were completely useless (like contest stats in Gen 5).
>>
So if I'm reading this right I can still max out IVs of a mom that doesn't have good IVs, it just doesn't carry over to breeding?

So basically all I need to do is breed a Mon with a good nature, hyper train it and then feed it drinks and it'll have perfect stats?
>>
>>29866157
And before he says "but how do you get Pokemon in the Pokedex if you can't deposit them? Checkmate atheists", the Pokebank national Pokedex imports data directly from your gen 6 and 7 Pokedexes.
>>
>>29866203
With the bottle caps and max EV drinks it takes longer to turn off the 3ds and connect the SD card through whatever means.
>>
>>29866282
that sweet ntr debugger injection though
>>
>>29866222
>genuine concern
no, you are getting mad at something that has no indications of ever happening, but you are too stupid to understand the subtle difference between removing a gameplay feature and removing a legacy part of pokemon data. the former happens, the later has LITERALLY NEVER happened
>>
>>29866282
You still need to level to 100...
>>
>>29866254
The Pokénon status screen itself. Press Y and it shows a Super-Training-like hexagon, and it shines when a Stat has been maxed.
>>
>>29866279
That's my takeaway from it.

Hackers still can make their perfect 31 IV pokemon in their hacking program, but someone playing legit just has to spend a bottle cap for the IV stat boost in just as much time. Maybe they're going to implement better checks for hacked Pokemon?
>>
>>29866275
Hmmm... you're right about that, I did not look at it from that pov.
>>
>>29866371
>Maybe they're going to implement better checks for hacked Pokemon
They haven't.
>>
>>29866370
it looks more like blue than a shine to me but cool thanks
>>
>>29866390
maybe not at the game level but at the registration.
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
Thank you so much OP! I'm waiting until Friday to get Sun (I'm a moralfag) but I wanted to know how it's changed.
>>
>>29866457
You mean the registration which uses the exact same checks as the Battle Spot? They literally can't tell a modified Pokémon from a legit one if it's done correctly.
>>
I dont have SM yet, could someone tell me how you get FC?
Is it just BP or is it something different?
>>
>>29866203
You'd think that since this is 4chan that people would be ahead of the curve and already be using Pkhex, but all the rage threads about EV/IV training these past few days have reminded me that 4chan is full of autists who would rather waste their time sperging out over GF's flawed mechanics instead of saving their precious time by genning their team in under 5 minutes so that they can actually battle and perfect their tactics, which would explain why so much of /vp/ is so shit at competitive battling.
>>
>>29866343
Which is made easier through certain level up drinks.

Can't wait for next Friday to get here. Maybe the shitposting will die down a little bit once everyone has something to do.
>>
>>29866504
You can't turbo all the way to level 100 though, can you?
>>
>>29866280
>the Pokebank national Pokedex imports data directly from your gen 6 and 7 Pokedexes
Really? Does that mean you don't even need to transfer anything from Gen 6 to Gen 7 to complete the national dex?

If I already have a living Gen 6 national dex in Omega Ruby and the entire Alola dex in Moon, will the Bank automatically fill its built-in national dex once I download the app?

If so that's pretty cool. Too bad about the inconvenience of having to switch between the game and the app whenever I want to read a dex entry for whatever reason though.
>>
The Reset EV Juice someone posted here only made one stat to 0, so I'd have to buy six juices (each 200 FC) to reset just one pokémon? That sounds bad tho.
>>
>>29866495
>how you get FC?
Just do things online. Trading, battling and I think even doing random minigames in the Plaza give you FC

Wonder Trade doesn't give you anything tho
>>
>>29866538
Yes.
>>
>>29866501
Surprise! Lots of people wanna enjoy the games' features and don't play solely to battle online. Raising your pokemon is part of the enjoyment. It's even better when it's made easier and encourages cooperation and connecting with other players.
>>
>>29864844

This. So much this.

>>B-butt muh hiddan powahs?!

If GF had a brain and actually made it so you can both raise/lower the real IV then hidden powers would be fine.

Honestly IDGAF anymore. I can still breed and/or use powersaves to get a 5/6 IV with a specific hidden power and 0 in one IV. I just don't understand why GF would add an option and then half ass it so much. Like wtf was the point? I honestly wanted a quicker and legit way to get specific IVs without having to use dittos or PS. Why not just fully commit?
>>
>>29866280
>>29866538
>>29866615
How can you know any of this? Where's your evidence?
>>
>>29866668
On the fucking official website.
>>
>>29865400
How does this chaining thing works?
>>
>>29865137
But these stats cannot transfer over to offsprings pokemon because the actual IVs remain shit.

It's technically a fake IV boost and there isn't any guarantee future games will even uphold stats that were boosted this way
>>
>>29864489
yea im just genning my shit
>>
>>29866773
>throw adrenaline orb at ditto
>weaken its HP
>Ditto gets mad and starts calling helper Dittos every turn
>each one you kill gives double EVs
>the more you kill, the better IVs they get (like chaining in ORAS)
>the shiny and HA chance improves with each Ditto killed during that battle, too
The only downside is that you have no way of knowing what IV spread they have until you catch them.
>>
Now all I need to know is if you can get more Apricorn balls in the plaza.
>>
>>29866595
Just use the EV reducing berries
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504

I'd assume setting the clock forward to let it pass 12 AM still works with the Max EV drinks, or does it have to run on a strict second by second timeframe?
>>
File: title defence.png (369KB, 856x438px) Image search: [Google]
title defence.png
369KB, 856x438px
Champion title defence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBWa8CwuTU
>>
>>29866838
I'm 90% sure, the 3star ball shop sells ultra balls, so 4 and 5 star will probably sell the good stuff
>>
>>29866653
yes press that button a million time there is a 0.1% chance you will get a banana good monkey
>>
>>29864489
Someone turn this into an info graph
>>
>>29865039
All IVs ever mattered for besides your Hidden Power is stats. Which this does effect. Are you retarded or just stupid?
>>
>>29866847
By this point you should know that GF doesn't want you to mess with the game's clock.
>>
>>29866842
It only looks worth if you can plant them like in Hoenn and Sinnoh games, do we can in Alola?
>>
>>29866795
Why not just use the boosts on the offspring instead of the parent?
>>
>>29866900
Yes, in the Pelago

I think there's a berry field in Melemele as well
>>
>>29865060
>Only shitmons need type coverage xDD
Hidden Power is a common move in both VGC and Smogon's OU tier.
>>
>>29865535
That's been answered like three fucking times. Read the fucking thread BEFORE you post anon.
>>
>Alolan Persian is the only SpA Technician mon
>thanks to Hyper Training it gets a free 120 BP ANY coverage move
>this + parting shot
Not a total shitmon desu
>>
>>29866916
lol
are you saying there are people who are literally planning to Hyper Train mons they aren't even going to use?
>>
>>29866653
Don't bother trying to reason with genners, they don't comprehend let alone enjoy Pokemon, they'll always throw canned responses at you that only further exemplify how they don't get the spirit of the games.
>>
>>29866194
So catch a few generic females. It literally changes nothing.
>>
>>29866916
I was just giving an example of this can fuck you over.

It basically makes breeding with any of your fake IV-boosted Pokemon useless. If you ever need a second of any hyper trained Pokemon, you're screwed.
>>
>>29866371
Like what?
>>
>>29865211
But it is.
Go look at the archives and get some laughs at the extreme autismos of the past.
>>
>>29867034
It's not like you can't just hyper train another one. If you battle online enough to merit IV breeding in the first place, you'll quickly end up with more FC than you know what to do with.
>>
>>29864896
Didnt they nerf it to 60 BP max?

Please tell me they reverted this
>>
Does Pkhex let you edit the Hyper Training IV flags or do you still have to do that ingame? Would be silly to inject a 30IV speed mon for a hidden power and forgetting to inject a bottle cap.
>>
>>29866832
Which you could only do after isolating it meaning you can't just catch a bunch in a single chain to see if you got anything you could keep...
>>
>>29866894
Just making sure. Mainly because of Daylight Savings.
>>
>>29865636
>one per day
>>
>>29866603
Ohh that bullshit.
So you cant get them any other way?
>>
>>29866870
Looks like someone got triggered :^)
>>
>>29866958
are you talking about Hidden Power? Because it isn't affected by Technician.
>>
>>29867259
One of each per day. You can have shops that carry all six drinks, so you can use each drink once per day. And you can have up to 7 of these shops if you don't want the other shops.
>>
>>29866870
Don't bother trying to reason with breedcucks, they don't comprehend let alone enjoy Pokemon, they'll always throw canned responses at you that only further exemplify how they don't get the spirit of the games.
>>
>>29867313
So I can't quickly train two offensive mons in one day if they both need speed or the same attacking stat.

OK.
>>
>>29867313
How do you get the EV drinks shop?
>>
>>29867349
You can if you have two shops. You can train 7 if you have 7 shops.

You can't train 8 a day, though.
>>
>>29867365
and how long does it take to get those shops?
>>
>implying i have 800 fc to clone 4 star juice drinks
>implying i have 4200 fc to spend for 42 drinks in one day
HOLY SHIT EVERYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS BETTER SHOULD KYS

By the time I farmed up 1000 fc for my shit drinks i could already have trained 5 perfect ev mons with horde training
>>
>>29867353
>>29867387
About 30 seconds, since you just have to swap friend codes with someone who has the shop (even if they got it from someone else).
>>
>>29867409
Then do that then and just transfer them via Bank.
>>
>>29867409
If you battle online enough to bother EV training, you'll have more FC than you know what to do with within a few days.
>>
Why do you guys even care about EVs? You don't go to actual tournaments.
>>
>>29867437
No you don't fucking dumbass. You still need to buy the shop from the other person. The cloning isn't free.
>>
>>29867499
How much fc per battle
>>
>>29867504
>Vs? You don't go to actual tournaments.
>>>
> Anonymous 11/12/16(Sat)23:15:23 No.29867527▶
>>>29867437
>No you don't fucking dumbass. You still need to buy the shop from the other person. The cloning isn't free.
>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 216 / 12 / 88 / 1 [Update] [Auto] No new posts
>>
>>29866981
Not that other dude, but I like gnawing at PkHex's and pokémon's code and raising pokémon too.

I still don't get why there are people who get mad at others because they don't spend their free time the same way.
Or the Smogon/AntiSmogon faggotry.
>>
>>29864923
No it isn't. Getting a perfect iv ditto is rough if you are doing it legit. Hyper training could have been a way to get one ditto with max iv and then go to town, but this set up makes it more tedious because you have to level up every competitive mon you have to 100 to make it work, and levelling up looks to be much harder in these games. Getting the perfect mon is much worse this gen than last.
>>
>>29864773
Because with hordes you could max the EVs of 5 pokemon in 3-6 battles
>Get 5 mons you want to train
>give them pokerus and 5 copies of the power item you're grinding
>6th slot is tropius
>Tropius at front of party, EXP share on
>Optional: feed all your mons vitamins to get to 100
>Tropius uses Sweet Scent
>Tropius uses EQ on hordes
>repeat x3 (or x5 if you skipped vitamins)
>all 5 mons have 250 evs in that stat, you can do another horde if you want to hit 252

Set up takes a while but this way you can EV max up to ~30 pokemon in an hour

Tropius is best for this since it learns Sweet Scent, EQ to KO all the hordemons at once and Fly to get you to and from destinations. Ludicolo is the second best mon for this since it can hit everything around it with Surf, but it can't fly you to given hordes
>>
>>29867566
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29867595
>Getting the perfect mon is much worse this gen than last
Why are you talking like they removed breeding and replaced it with Hyper Training?

When it comes to getting pokémon with perfect IVs you can still do literally everything you could in Gen 6.
>>
>>29867409
How many coins does trading a Magnemite get you?
>>
hordes was better.
>>
>>29867648
2-4 per wondertrade

faster to do the shitty missions for 50 coins in 3 min.

There's also global missions which I assume will give quite a few more points
>>
>>29866856
How many times can you defend it? And how many challengers are there?

It's cool that they finally added this feature.
>>
>>29865034
>people defending this stupid shit when they could've just implemented a system where the player can customize IVs freely
All this means is that whatever shit you breed in SM isn't even going to be worth using a breeding fodder when you transfer it to the next game when this garbage """feature""" inevitably gets removed, probably as early as 2018
>>
>>29867762
once and one
>>
>>29867321
Legit players aren't the ones skipping entire parts of the game they don't like while reducing the entire experience down to a battle simulator, all while being literally incapable of understanding how someone would enjoy Pokemon as a whole package and not just a simulator.

You are truly pathetic.
>>
>>29867762
Every time you beat the E4 one of the 10 or so challengers will appear. The first time you do that Kukui is the one who appears, after that it's random.
>>
>>29865132
>sun moon are lookin to best games to date
>>
>>29867800
Doing donuts on a tauros simulator isn't playing the game, and cutting it out isn't a bad thing.

You are truly pathetic.
>>
>>29866900
you can get 3 spots which each hold 6 berries to grow

the times for the berries to grow are different but I'm guessing it's gonna be 48hrs max, so 24hrs for 18 x whatever amount a single harvest gives

not terrible
>>
>>29867859
>muh biking simulators

Same canned responses every single time.
You do not understand Pokemon nor why people enjoy catching, raising, trading and then battling with them.

You can only see a single part of the game, you are blind to what the game is and it's depressing.
>>
>>29867865
4-5 was my yield per berry
>>
The true irony of posts like this >>29867800 >>29867930 is that pkhexbros get to use whatever they want in their festival plaza instead of having to whore out nothing but EV buildings and a spooky one one for bottle caps, and therefore get to actually play the game instead of grinding eggs and points all day. I'm not surprised retards like that haven't figured it out though; you can tell they can't understand most of what they read.

Is it even a "drink" building like OP says, though? The drinks I've found are EV reducing, and the only EV gainer I see is the bouncy house
>>
>>29866654
Why not just have a hidden power tutor and stop tying hidden power to IVs all together?
>>
>>29867768
Then why don't you just breed like you did in XY or ORAS?

I understand that people are disappointed about the Hyper Training not being as useful as you thought, but it's like you think you're being FORCED to use only Hyper Training and nothing else.
>>
>>29868042
Because that would make sense.
>>
>>29868006
Actually, the best ratio is probably some 3/4 or something, not that it matters
>>
>>29868006

>Is it even a "drink" building like OP says, though? The drinks I've found are EV reducing, and the only EV gainer I see is the bouncy house

there's a a lunch-kitchen (so its food, not juice), and at least two bouncy castles (one for atk/s.atk one for hp/spd, haven't seen def/sdef yet, but I bet it's there) where you get more of the same stat.

Friendship cafe decreases one EV on higher lvls

I'm a pkhex guy myself, but I can understand that some people enjoy breeding and what comes with it. It is not for everyone and not everyone has to do it. Some people like the result and just hack the pokemon, others enjoy the way more than the result and do the long breeding. I think you should calm down a bit and let them be if they want to. They do their thing, you do yours, you gain nothing from convincing them to stop breeding the traditional way.
>>
>>29868006
Oh so pkhexxers play the game to the fullest extent, that's your idea of what happens?

That's funny as fuck.
When you can generate everything in a whim, why do you need to go out and hunt/catch Pokemon? What about trading, why would you ever engage in it when you can generate anything for free?
And these game systems discussed here and others, what are their purpose if you can get everything they offer in 2 minutes?
Why are you even playing the RPG portion at all, if you don't need any of it to "get to the real game", which is the entire purpose of hacking to skip any barrier of entry to building a team in the first place.

Yeah I'm sure pkhex allows you to get the fullest experience you can, and that it doesn't render anything you do moot or anything.
>>
>>29865165
>BW days

/vp/ wasn't around until Gen 6
>>
>>29868344
anon youre just opening yourself up for him to move the goal post to /v/ or /vg/
you need to have
>inb4
and then the counter for the otherwise impending retard reply
>>
>>29868344
But /vp/ has been around as early as 2010-2011?
>>
>>29868550
I don't actually remember when /vp/ was a thing. I was just trying to act new to garner angry replies.
>>
>>29864489
What do the other stalls in Festival Plaza do - how do they change when upgraded, and which ones give out what items?
>>
>>29868644
>>29868645
bw were the first mainline games since /vp/
>>
>>29867311
Why not? It's 60BP
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
thank you
>>
is there a way to get more beans that the beanstock?
>>
>>29869233
other than*
>>
>>29869233
The people who run the coffee shop periodically give you them.
>>
>>29869325
How many coffee shops are there?
>>
>>29864489
>>29864504
Dear Diary,
Today OP was fucking amazing.

Saving your posts.
>>
Two questions:
1. How have so many people gotten the game so early? I know the ROM leaked, but is it as simple as just putting it on your SD card and playing?

2. How easy are the "max IV" bottlecaps to get? Process seems wicked fast and brainless if I can just throw these onto good natured pokemon.
>>
>>29869649
1a) It was passed around very quickly the first day of the leak and the mega I got it from was down within hours of the post I saw.
b)You either need a hacked 3ds to put that SD card into OR convert it to a file type Citra can run and play it on your pc.

Haven't played far enough to know 2
>>
>>29870037
Ah alright, thanks
>>
Is the NPC that judges your Pokemon at the Battle Tree's Pokemon Center as usual?
>>
>you can raise a Pokémon from level 1 to 100 and give it perfect EV spreads without ever using it in battle

Disgusting. We basically don't even have to raise Pokémon anymore, just pump them full of drugs.
>>
>>29867596

Nope. You're wrong. The new way is better. You're just a pussy faggot genwunner cuck boy from Alaska who don't know no better. Get gud, Bitch.
>>
>>29869110
Bump
>>
>maybe I'll have fun raising pokemon legitimately again
>has to raise to level 100, something I've never bothered with
>isn't useful for breeding
Uhh. So it's really only good for legendaries and events I guess. I think I'd still prefer super training still being in the game as an option though.
>>
Haven't played since BW. Does this mean that nature's the only thing that matters if I want to go tryhard?
>>
Is there a way to see the Evs of a mon in game?
>>
>>29870770
you sound mad. are you mad?
>>
Yeah thanks OP for the infos that really helps!
>>
Great stuff OP but are there new ways to hatch eggs now? Because the day care route is awful.
>>
Bumping to say that summoned pokemon give increased EVs dependant on how many you've killed apparently.
>>
>>29868129
I only use PKHeX to avoid the EV/IV grind. That's all. And I only max EV/IV once at lvl 100.

I get the full experience and perfect mon at the end.

It's a pain to try to make a legit pokemon from scratch so it's actually way more fun to catch them for real and set their stats after, you don't have to check met zone etc.

I'm genuinely curious as to why someone who wants to max EV and has cfw wouldn't use PKHeX.

It just saves me the fucking grind and result is the same.
>>
>>29866958
It's 90BP, not 120. Technician is a 50% boost.

And Marshadow has higher SpA than the pathetic 75 that Alolan Persian has.
>>
>>29864504
>for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles
Pokemiles as in, you can accumulate them by wonder trading and stuff?
>>
So if I'm reading this correctly, I can tell 6 Pokémon to, say, train their Attack EV's for 16 hours, turn the game off, go to bed, go to work, and come home to have 6 Pokémon with 252 Att having done zero interaction with them beyond sending them to train?
>>
>>29864489
Does Hyper Training work for all stats at the same time, or does it work for stats individually?

Because I want a 0 speed IV for trick room. Can I catch a Buzzwole with 0 speed IV and then hyper train HP, Attack, Defense, and SpDef individually so they reach 31, but leave speed at 0??
>>
how do I fucking check IVs in this game
>>
>>29876041
Yes. You just need the individual bottle caps and raise every stat one at a time.
>>
>>29876079
nice!
>>
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THE FUCK IS MR. PRO/HYPER TRAINING
>>
>>29876050
Someone said at the Battle Tree on Poni Island.
>>
>>29876508
>Poni Island
No itsn't there.
>>
>>29876563
Don't know then.
>>
>>29876574
Everyone is talking about it but no One know where is it. Good
>>
>>29875973
yes, exactly that
>>
>In other words, a Hyper Trained Ditto is not a 31 IV Ditto and will use the old imperfect IVs when bred

GAME FREEEAAAAK
>>
How early in the game can you access Festival Plaza and start filling it with shops?
>>
>super training doesn't change the actual IVs

Bullshit. Now how am I supposed to decrease ATK for special attackers down to 0?
>>
>>29877709
First Pokecenter
>>
>implying anyone here is gonna bother breeding when QR teams will be a thing
>>
>>29864504
>having to connect to other players

It's shit. Pure, rancid, shit.
>>
Do we know what kind of booths are available and how long does it take to max one out or is it totally randomized?
>>
>>29869466
One per Pokémon Center.
>>
>>29875826
Oh, shit, I forgot about Marshadow!

Still, as a UU fag, I'm really interested in Alolan Persian
>Snarl
>HP
>Parting Shot
>???

Can get some stuff done, cripple things with 4x weaknesses, and cripple sweepers with 115 base speed and parting shot.
>>
Still waiting on info about Apricorn balls and Festival Plaza.

If not, I'll need to fucking plan what to get in what ball, and getting Lunaala in a moon ball when there's only fucking one sounds AWFUL
>>
>>29879725
tell me how you're breeding and EV training in gen 6 without trading
>>
>>29880083
I can't confirm anything but I have a Ball Shop that stock "regular" balls like Timer balls and Repeat balls for 24 FC per set (12 balls). Higher level booths seem to stock "Secret" or rare items, so there could potentially be secret ball sets for Johto balls in high level tents.
>>
>>29880083
I dont know where to buy them yet, but there are several NPCs who give you Apricorn Balls so they are useable.
>>
>>29880083
>>29880160
it's 2-stars, so it's a low level shop
>>
File: Surfing Pikachu.jpg (55KB, 432x700px) Image search: [Google]
Surfing Pikachu.jpg
55KB, 432x700px
>>29864489
So, just to clarify OP: Does all of this also work on legendary and event pokemon? It should be obvious, but leave it to GF to fuck them over again.

I have still a lot of the mystery gifts to get from the Pokemart, but it would be nice to just go for a nature instead of nature + IVs
>>
Which and When in the game NPC's give us the apricorn balls? And how many of them? I'd appreciate very much if someone could clear this out
>>
>>29878838
Thanks!
>>
>>29865151
>and shinies.
Now give me a Nature Capsule and HA Capsule
>>
So just to confirm. I only need to give a shit about egg moves and natures now? The rest can be fixed?
>>
perfect 31 IVs = 70 power dark HP?
>>
So do I leave the 3DS on sleep for the Poke Pelago effects to take off or can I shut it down and return later?
>>
>>29882016
Unless they changed something about it, HPs will always be at 60 power since Gen 6.
>>
This thread is autism incarnate lol
>>
Apparently beating an assist mon doubles your EV gain.Per kill.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-and-moon-full-game-datamine-general-discussion-thread.3586427/page-50#post-7078910
>>
>>29865619
>EV training ingame

You people are garbage.
>>
>>29866603
Wonder trade gives you 2 FC if you take the time to talk to the guy/girl you traded with actually. It's not much, but it's there
>>
I take everything i said about pokegenning back. This is a fucking cancerous change to what was an already great system.
>>
File: HPcalc1[1].png (3KB, 410x51px) Image search: [Google]
HPcalc1[1].png
3KB, 410x51px
>>29865005
Formula is pic related; 15 is used becuase it there are 16 possible HP types (there are 16 values if you include 0.)

Surely if you substitute 15 for 17, you could have both fairy and normal hidden power type to?

Not a hard change.
>>
So since this is the only Poké Pelago thread up, how do the Pokémon appearing on the first island get captured? I get told to wait until tomorrow, but then I check tomorrow and they're always gone the next day, with another one in its place. Is there something specific you have to do to get it to stay?
>>
>>29883951
I got one through Poke Pelago once, I think you just put a lot of beans, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.