[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCG/PTCGO General: New Thread Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: genesect.jpg (32KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
genesect.jpg
32KB, 200x278px
New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking us about your ancient Pokemon cards.

ToTT: New ladder is up, anyone else feeling inspired to make a Genesect deck now?
>>
Its been so dead last bread died at like 40 posts
Also the itt
Im glad its genesect and grass cards since i main a grass deck with Venusaur-EX, heracross ex, plasma leafeon, and 2 non ex genesects
Gunna see if i can incorporate the genesect-ex
>>
>>29834257
Its the sun and moon hype, give it a month and it should go back to normal.
>>
>>29834153
We also have a Discord for those interested.

https://discord.gg/ZYHWq

Feel free to join.
>>
>>29834153
Do I have to beat the same trainer challenge with a different deck to get more stars?
>>
>>29834620
Yes, it was changed a few updates ago.
>>
>>29834642
Cheers, I was thrown for a loop there for a bit
>>
All that card is telling me is I can make a combo with it in Animation Throwdown.
>>
>they added the Evolutions stamp to every version of the promos

So lazy.
>>
I just conceded the match, and it still gave me 10 lightning bolt points
>>
Pizza rolls
>>
File: 431px.jpg (68KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
431px.jpg
68KB, 431x600px
Will this be good on expanded? I really want to make a burn deck with the rule changes.
>>
>>29836252
No, expanded runs WAY too fast for something with 110 HP without a ridiculous ability to be relevant.

Bastoise decks regularly hit for 110+ on the first turn.
Trev decks don't care about burns and 2 shot you.
SeisBat decks 1 run you due to weakness.
etc etc

It's no good.
>>
>>29836252
Volcanion+new arcanine + this seems like a fun deck
You'd be hitting for 100 for 2 energy with the new arcanine, which is decent.
>>
>traded a Lugia EX for a Shaymin EX FA
>5 dollars for 85

thanks elementary schooler
>>
>>29836663
>ripping off kids
Get a load of this degenerate

>>29835346
Worst promos we've ever gotten

Also I don't expect these threads to last long with the game leaks coming out.
>>
>>29834489
Doesn't work
>>
>>29836755
I am an elementary school teacher, they come to me for these trades.

Also traded Breakthrough mewtwo EX for dakrai FA, and some other FA trainer for a FA trev
>>
>>29836760
https://discord.gg/n7gPzTX

Try this one.
>>
>>29836800
>a degenerate who tries to justify the morality of their actions
Even sadder to be honest
>>
>>29837051
He gave the kid what he wanted, that's not degeneracy.
It's not like the kid would have ever sold the card or checked ebay for the price.
>>
>>29837268
If he actually cared about what the kid wanted he would've traded him 17 Lugia's. But scamming kids is obviously about what the scammer wants, not what the kid wants.

Degeneracy is one thing. It's basically a hallmark of TCG's, especially ones that draw young audiences, whether it's scamming kids, stealing product, weighing packs or just outright cheating in a game. The people who take card games seriously probably already have shitty personalities, but once you throw unsuspecting kids into the mix, the greed gets amplified many times over.

That aside, I'll never understand the mindset behind a person bragging about degeneracy and then getting defensive when someone calls that person out. Especially on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>29838434
>The people who take card games seriously probably already have shitty personalities

Rude.
While I admit there are some very... Unique personalities that I've met playing the PTCG in person, I have met a lot of really cool people as well.
>>
>>29838434
Just a fyi, a pretty big chunk of competitive players in most TCGs cheat. You more or less have to to win on a competitive level.
>>
File: 14789122727771249495669.jpg (832KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14789122727771249495669.jpg
832KB, 2048x1152px
Posting some codes here, hope ya don't mind.
>>
>>29840779
>not blocking the QRs
>>
File: asfjskljfalsjflk.png (976KB, 1105x679px) Image search: [Google]
asfjskljfalsjflk.png
976KB, 1105x679px
>>29840779
thanks man
>>
>>29840811

>le bot/scanner boogeyman
>>
File: My pull.png (923KB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
My pull.png
923KB, 1282x752px
>>29840779
Cheers
>>
>>29840779
Got 16 packs from ya in total. Thanks man!
>>
>>29840811
>>29840868
See this: >>29841042

Now personally I don't care if people bot or not but not posting pulls is fairly rude.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-11-17-06-18.jpg (156KB, 566x358px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-11-17-06-18.jpg
156KB, 566x358px
>>29836663
> ripping off a little kid
Do you are literally worse than the trading companies
>>
>>29838967
Like I said, "probably."

>>29840259
Even if we pretend that this is true, it doesn't make my point any less true.
>>
When I buy packs from the shop with coins, which expansion should I choose?
>>
>>29841783
Roaring Sky, as you can win the shaymeme lottery that way.

Otherwise don't buy packs from shop, save them for decks, special offers, and blisters.
>>
>>29841869
Already have 3 Shaymeme, 2 tradeable. Should I still go with Roaring Skies?
>>
>>29841913
You want a fourth.
>>
Anyone have any idea what the higher ladder tiers are yet? I only play standard so I could care less about the genesect and such.
>>
>>29841913
Save for SuMo1.
>>
>>29841913
Still Roaring Sky so you can then trade off your tradeable shayememes for profit.

Or save for sunmoon if we get more broken shit in a few months.
>>
>>29841942

The FA is Ghetsis.

>I could care less

It still baffles me why Americans use this phrase. It's COULDN'T care less.
>>
>>29842123
I'm capable of caring less than I do at this present moment.
>>
>>29842168

Okay I retract my statement.

Really wish we were getting a more interesting (i.e. Standard-legal) FA card. This ladder is boring. Might just get up to the 5x booster bit and call it leave it at that.
>>
>>29842227
Yeah, the lack of interesting Standard cards makes me wish I'd finished the last one and just given this one a miss.
>>
>>29842227
Eh, at least Ghetsis is a situational really strong card.

If you can get that turn 1 against certain decks like Keldeo then you literally win turn 1 when they're left with like a keldeo on the field and maybe one energy in their hand.
>>
>>29834153
Does Pokemon have a card database similar to MtG's?
>>
>>29842808
yes
>>
>>29842808
The client does the job
also pkmncards.com
The official website has one too
>>
>>29842832
>>29842826
Thanks.
>>
File: fuck me daddy.jpg (173KB, 776x505px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me daddy.jpg
173KB, 776x505px
Post new set memes.
>>
>>29844500
I used to play M Blastoise until I realized M Audino is a faster, better version of it.
Also this build is shit.
>Only one Mega Turbo
>Elixer Engine with only one Switch
>No Palkia
>Slowking in this sort of deck
>>
>tfw the pokemon.com flash games aren't a good alternative for coin grinding
>>
>>29844583
Palkia is fucking horrible what are you talking about?
>>
>>29844598
only the excadrill and sableye games were good anyway
>>
>>29844678
You're right, how dare I suggest Palkia in a Worlds-winning deck like M Blastoise
I'm sure the Palkia-less build for M Blastoise is going to define the upcoming meta with how powerful it is
>>
>>29844709
Why would you recommend inserting sub optimal cards into any decklist? That's like saying insert Palkia into Mega Mewtwo.
>>
>>29844822
Have you potentially considered that you are incorrect and it is not sub-optimal?

M Blastoise takes three turns to set up without M Turbo or Elixer+Switch, the former of which has no consistent way of going live outside of the obvious methods, and the latter is an inconsistent two-card combo. Furthermore, he's only running a single Mega Turbo and Switch, meaning neither of these options are viable choices for him unless he plans on letting a Blastoise just sit on the bench for a single energy.

Palkia uses the same exact tools, but setting it up gateways more consistent acceleration, making it, unsurprisingly, more efficient in a deck that requires a whole [W][W][W] to even attack. The low damage is irrelevant considering how M Blastoise works in the first place.

In case you're not just shitposting and don't understand why Palkia would be acceptable in M Blastoise yet unacceptable in M Mewtwo, it's because M Mewtwo only actually needs a single attach to actually attack. Or a single Mega Turbo. And each subsequent attach helps, but isn't mandatory. An acceleration option like Palkia would actually slow you down in this case, because any resources going towards Palkia would be even more efficient on Mewtwo, which isn't true at all for a high-energy attacker like Blastoise.
>>
You made a post too long to just convince him mewtwo can use DC
>>
>>29844989
Ha ha ha, retard, Palkia is a cancer card that is outperformed by trainers. Fuck off with your retarded ideas.
>>
>>29845055
I touchtype at 120 WPM and have something open on my second monitor. Just having fun.

>>29845066
That's not very nice :'(
I'm also not really convinced.
>>
>>29845102
Palkia has never been used in any water decks because it is too slow for 40 damage and two energy you can get with elixirs. It's also too slow for energy piling decks.
>>
>>29845314
That's because most water decks aren't M Blastoise where you need [W][W][W] to swing.

Really, what are you comparing it to? Waterbox basics that can set up off Elixer+Switch alone? Seismitoad that goes live off a DCE? M Glalie that uses DCE? P Kyogre that has an AT to accelerate itself?

You know that type rarely affects how a deck mechanically functions, right? You can't make generic comparisons like that, you need to compare specific cards that are mechanically similar.
>>
So this is good right?
>>
>>29845464
>M Mane on a non-EX Basic that only needs a DCE
Y E S
>>
File: Zygarde-Lycanrock-CoroCoro-Deck.jpg (156KB, 726x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde-Lycanrock-CoroCoro-Deck.jpg
156KB, 726x1000px
>>
Im intrigued, GX being evolutions have everything to slow the meta but then they make rayquaza for example.
>>
>>29845531
Nice. Translation?
Since it is a basic and not a GX or EX I can see some memery to be had with this guy.
>>
>>29845631
Translation of what? It's Zygarde. The attacks do nothing.
>>
>>29845464
The real question is, what decks will run it? Most decks that run DCE don't want to sacrifice it on an accelerator. But then again, there is Special Charge and Puzzle of Time. Right away I see M Mewtwo decks splashing this as a generic accelerator. I also see Yveltal decks perhaps running this instead of Oblivion Wing Yveltal. M Fug decks run so few basic energies it probably wouldn't work there. Perhaps you could meme with it in a Ho-oh Ex deck? I suppose you wouldn't HAVE to rely on DCE and could just use Max Elixir which would make it much more splashable. I don't know. Card has serious potential though.

>>29845631
The attacks are called Pulse Blast and Ground Force.

>>29845600
Since the meta won't slow down until EX's rotate out, GX's won't have much affect on the overall speed of the meta for a couple years.
>>
First started collecting card as a kid. Bought a pack of Evolutions on Monday and today I've spent about $150 this week on two elite trainer boxes and a bunch of booster packs.

Been playing TCGO and learning the basics of the game along with reading up on deck building.
It's pretty addictive kinda like crack.

I'm interested in doing a Fairy/Psychic deck but do they have any synergy?
>>
>>29845972
You don't really build "type" decks in the TCG outside of some very rare and specific examples.
Instead, you normally pick a singular attacker and build a deck around that, filling it with the necessary generic support Pokemon needed to make sure you reach your win condition as quickly as possible.

Luckily for you, there's a card that is both Fairy and Psychic at the same time. Too bad it's one of the most expensive decks to build.
>>
>>29846076

What are cards that complement M-Gard?
>>
>>29845972
>I'm interested in doing a Fairy/Psychic deck but do they have any synergy?
I would encourage you to read the guides posted in the OP about PTCGO and deck-building in general.

One of the biggest misleading things about the Pokemon TCG is that decks are built around two types (or even just one). Mostly because theme decks since the very beginning have all been about two types mashed together with no synergy.

In reality, decks in Pokemon are centered around a particular strategy. In the Base Set-Fossil days the three best decks were centered around three different strategies. The first deck was called "Haymaker" and essentially relied on Electabuzz, Hitmonchan and later Scyther, because they all did a lot of damage for little energy, even if they required different types of energy. Then there was Blastoise, which used its Rain Dance ability to power up other Water Pokemon like Lapras and Gyarados. And then there was Do the Wave Wigglytuff which focused on filling its bench with different Pokemon to power up Wigglytuff's attack.

So right away you can see type is pretty irrelevant in deck-building, it's more about using specific abilities and/or attacks to fulfill a win condition.

That being said, there is some synergy within individual types. For example, M Gardevoir EX from Generations/Primal Clash relied on other Fairy Pokemon like Aromatisse and Xerneas from XY. But the deck was still centered around M Gardevoir EX. And the other M Gardevoir EX (>>29846076) from Steam Siege doesn't use other Fairy Pokemon at all. It runs a bunch of other Pokemon that support its win condition: Shaymin EX, Hoopa EX and Dragonite EX.

And you can start looking at deck lists of actual tournament-winning players on Pokemon's official website to get an idea of where to start.
>>
>>29846128
4x Shaymin EX ($80 each physical, 40+ packs each online)
3x Hoopa EX
2x Dragonite EX
4x Sky Field
4x Super Rod
1x Karen or Brock's Grit
Staples

The card's main advantage is that it lets you discard everything on your bench. This means you can mindlessly play down as many Shaymin and Hoopa as you want to set up virtually instantly, then discard them with Despair Ray so your opponent can't get free prizes on them via things like Lysandre, and so you can recycle them again with Dragonite for even faster fun. You can even do cheeky plays like retreating and discarding a damaged M Gardevoir with another one to deny prizes.

Notice how M Gardevoir is the only Pokemon you're going to be attacking with in this deck. Using resources on another attacker would just slow you down and make it that much harder to actually win. Decks build around a single Pokemon, then other unrelated cards that help you set that singular card up as quickly as possible.

Also read >>29846168, he explains everything perfectly. The OP also has a lot of good resources for learning.
>>
>>29845631
[F][C][C]Sushi: 60 damage.
[F][F][C][C]Sashimi: 300 damage. The defending pokemon is now burned.
>>
>>29846232
>4x super rod

Way too much with dnite around. I only run 2 Dnite and a Brock/Karen and never have issues refilling a bench.
>>
>>29846347
Sure sure, that's just a basic skeleton.
>>
>>29846347
How are you liking the deck with Dragonite EX? I still have my 4 Shaymin EX from M Fug days and I wanted to try it out, but wanted to see how Dragonite would affect each deck.
>>
>>29846168
>>29846232

Thanks for the insight, guys.
Screen capping this for future reference.
>>
>>29845066
>anon tells anon2 why something is better than not
>hahahaha

Well I can see who's the smarter of the two here.
>>
Will Shaymin Ex become obsolete any time soon? I assume with the new gen, new decks and bans will be coming (I'm a new player so yeah I'm not sure)
>>
>>29846076
The funny thing about M Gardevoir decks online is that people are literally giving away M and regular ex gardes for 3 uncommon chests, the price of the deck comes from it being the only deck that can run four shaymemes shaymemesly.
I'll just go kill myself now.
>>
>>29847473
Rotation happens every year on September 1st. Roaring Skies will rotate out on September 1st, 2017, taking Shaymin along with it.

In the West, at least. Shaymin was reprinted in Japan already.
>>
How many packs should I put up for SR Blastoise?
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.