[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear people constantly arguing over which is the worst game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 32

File: TRASH.jpg (29KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
TRASH.jpg
29KB, 284x177px
I hear people constantly arguing over which is the worst game in pokemon on here,

I was wondering the overall opinion is. Please give reasoning on your choices! (I also let for multiple choices)
>>
>>25110718
Fug didn't put poll.....
http://strawpoll.me/6677897

IMO Diamond and Pearl were the worst: good music, not good story or pokemon choice with dumb NPC teams.
>>
>>25110718
there is no "worst" game, every game is a fun experience and every game has their flaws

also please read rule 4 https://www.4chan.org/rules#vp
>>
A survey didn't suffice? This is gen flame wars and you know it.
>>
>>25110728
>https://www.4chan.org/rules#vp
I didn't know that was a rule......
>>
if you wanna talk in overall impact on the franchise, I would say Gen 3 probably lost most of the fans.

From my perspective, I'm 24 and me and all my friends got on board at the end of Gen1/start of gen 2, when Gen 3 rolled out, none of my friends were into pokemon anymore, and a lot didn't bother to pick up Ruby and Sapphire.

I played it, and was actually disappointed, and dropped out of the pokemania craze for quite a while until the end of Gen 4 when HG/SS came out and reeled me back in.

I ask around a lot and the sentiment seems to be the same, a lot of people were put off by Gen 3 and lost interest in Pokemon around that time.

Whether that makes RSE bad games I don't know, but Gen 3 definitely had the reputation as a black sheep of the generations for having a noticeably bitter reaction from fans, making Gen 4 work its ass off to pull people back in.

these days, most people will say either Gen 3 or Gen 5 were the poorest performers, but it all goes down to personal opinion in the end mostly.
>>
File: 1444539846809.jpg (31KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1444539846809.jpg
31KB, 555x644px
BW > Yellow > Emerald > FRLG > BW2 > Crystal > Platinum > RB = RS > GS > XY > HGSS > DP > ORAS

Emerald would be GOAT if you could trade eggs pre-E4 though.
>>
>>25110760
yes it is
>>
>>25110777
what makes ORAS worse than RS?
Or HGSS being low? just curious
>>
>>25110777
>Yellow > FRLG
>GS > HGSS

Just why?
>>
Easily gen 6.

Gen 3 was when most kids started growing up, and on top of that they couldn't let you transfer mons. It never stood a chance against Genwunners (>>25110769)
>>
>>25110718
The worst are Gen 2 / their remakes.
>>
>>25110786
At least mods won't do anything....

You know they never show up.......
>>
It's a fact that d/p was worst.

Literally the only game that made me drop Pokemon til the next gen.
>>
>>25110812
>>25110806
Can you give us reasons why?

X/Y are very understandable, but why ORAS, R/S were poor games and made them into decent games IMO
>>
The worst are Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>25110826
Gen 2 and their remakes have terrible distribution and level balancing. They pander to gen 1 too much as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP0FSwK8RMI

sums it up quite well imo
>>
Gen 3 had the biggest exodus but I don't think it had anything to do with the quality of that Gen, people had just outgrown Pokemon or were peer pressured into leaving it behind.

The actual worst Gen, even though I don't necessarily think it's that bad, is probably Gen 6 currently. I have never seen the hardcore fan base so down on a Generation after it initially promised so much, but GF hasn't really delivered in all honesty, 3D is cool though.
>>
File: 1445214180163.gif (1MB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1445214180163.gif
1MB, 500x506px
>>25110794
Both ORAS and RS are virtually the same game, except ORAS is more handholdy, even less difficult, worse looking aesthetically (those lazy fucking 3D models), useless not fun gimmicks shoved in your face, and more of a chore to navigate around in. I think the last thing can be attributed to Hoenn originally being a 2D world. The transition to 3D didn't do it justice.

And HGSS #1 has that slow-as-molasses Gen IV engine. #2 it didn't improve on any of the faults of GSC, mainly Pokemon distribution and level curve. Only thing it improved was the addition of the Cianwood Safari zone. Other than that, it's just a more slow, tedious Crystal.

>>25110796
And Yellow > FRLG for more replay ability and for dem Gen I mechanics. It's such a different experience despite being so similar on the surface. But I could understand that could be chalked up to taste whereas the HGSS/ORAS reasoning is completely objective.

>>25110829
D/P and GS could objectively be the worst because they are the only games rendered completely obsolete by another game, whereas all other games and their respective remakes have reasons to play the originals and remakes e.g. RB for the different mechanics, making it different enough to not be rendered obsolete by FRLG, or RS not being rendered obsolete by Emerald since you can trade Eggs into RS and not Emerald and even shitty ORAS over RSE because of online capability.
>>
>>25110890
None of the remakes are without faults.
ORAS has a moderate-to-severe lack of content syndrome
HGSS hasn't fixed any of the problems with the originals
FRLG has
>>>>>>>>>>"...Huh?"
>>
>>25110915
What are you trying to say here exactly?
>>
>>25110718
This is my personal listing, and I don't care what you think as long as you don't thing gen V or I was the absolute best gen and that OR/AS is worse than E.T. for the Atari 2600.
>OR/AS > HG/SS > X/Y > G/S/C > D/P/Pt > R/S/E > FR/LG > B2/W2 > B/W > Literal Trash > R/B/G/Y
R/B/G/Y is at the bottom because it was
>too buggy
>lacking in content when compared to the new games
>too slow considering the lack of running shoes
>didn't start with it so it lacks the nostalgia bias
Only reason G/S/C is higher is because it fixed a lot of the old bugs and added a lot more new stuff, and obviously nostalgia bias considering it's what I started out with.
>>
File: 1436504867915.jpg (23KB, 477x337px) Image search: [Google]
1436504867915.jpg
23KB, 477x337px
>>25110968
>too many bugs interfered with my gaming experience :(
another parrot
>>
File: 143263566546.jpg (22KB, 340x258px) Image search: [Google]
143263566546.jpg
22KB, 340x258px
>>25110968
>likes HGSS
>but RBY were too slow
>>
>>25110987
Never said I personally experienced them. Just said it was a buggy piece of shit.
>>25110994
I don't see the point you're trying to make. My point is that it takes forever to get anywhere until you y least get the bike in the gen 1 games.
Also,
>these two genwunning this hard
>>
File: silent rage.jpg (25KB, 506x474px) Image search: [Google]
silent rage.jpg
25KB, 506x474px
>>25111018
>hasn't played the games
>makes assumptions literally based on nothing
>unironically saying genwunner
>ORAS in 1st place
I fell for this b8 fucking hard.
>>
File: parrot.png (105KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
parrot.png
105KB, 200x200px
>>25111018
>Never said I personally experienced them. Just said it was a buggy piece of shit.
>brawwwwk
>>
>>25110876

>I have never seen the hardcore fan base so down on a Generation after it initially promised so much

I've definitely noticed a difference between current /vp/ and /vp/ during the Gen 5 days. There was always shitposting of course, but anons seemed happier in general and more ironic about the shitposting. Speculating about future games was usually "How can it improve?" whereas now it's more like "How much worse will it get?"

Four years ago when moot considered deleting /vp/ and wanted the board's opinion, we chose to save it. I doubt that would happen again if mootwo asked us now.
>>
File: 14654645648.jpg (42KB, 450x385px) Image search: [Google]
14654645648.jpg
42KB, 450x385px
>>25111039
>/vp/ during the Gen 5 days
>There was always shitposting of course, but anons seemed happier in general and more ironic about the shitposting. Speculating about future games was usually "How can it improve?" whereas now it's more like "How much worse will it get?"
>>
>>25111031
>hasn't played the games
When did I say that?
>makes assumptions literally based on nothing
Again, where do you have anything to back this up?
>unironically saying genwunner
Because you are one you tard.
>ORAS in 1st place
Because it was a great game that turned a half-baked meh game into something that was good, and I'm not a contrarian meme spewing underage like you fags are. Mark my words, in a few years, everyone's gonna praise OR/AS like HG/SS. Just fucking wait.
>>
>>25110718
It's Red
Gen one is a glitchy, ugly, graphical nightmare with no post game whatsoever other than catching Mewtwo. It is literally only enjoyed through Nostalgia and has nothing else. FR/LR was a VAST improvement from R/B and has rendered those games near irrelevant.

Blue at least started as graphically superior to Red and Yellow is even superior to Blue in this regard.

All three are shit but Red and Green for that matter were awful at the get go with nothing to work from and improve off of.
>>
>>25111039
>I've definitely noticed a difference between current /vp/ and /vp/ during the Gen 5 days. There was always shitposting of course, but anons seemed happier in general and more ironic about the shitposting. Speculating about future games was usually "How can it improve?" whereas now it's more like "How much worse will it get?"
Just serves to show how cynical any board on 4chan can get in such a short time.
>>
File: a2d.png (105KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
a2d.png
105KB, 200x281px
What is the obsession with best and worst?
>>
>>25111054
>hasn't played the games
>When did I say that?
>>25111018
>Never said I personally experienced them.
>UR A GENW1R
You are the biggest retard ITT.

also me: >>25110777
>>
>>25110838
>/vp/ constantly bitches about pokemon being easy
>gen 2 is best played using move combos and strategy, not just "muh earth quake spam"
>"guys, umm, Gen 2 has like the worst level distribution so it's the worst Gen because I have to actually put a small amount of effort into the game"
>>
>>25111055
This. So much this. The only reason people like the original games is because of nostalgia. The only people who like them are the ones that started with them. Everyone else sees them for the trash they are compared to the newer games. In retrospect, even gen II was a major improvement.
>>
Gen 6 feels like a game GF just shat out to make money because everyone was so hyped for 3D and the "HOENN CONFIRMED!!!" meme and they knew no matter what they did most people would still eat it up like mindless drones
>>
>>25111071
>>"guys, umm, Gen 2 has like the worst level distribution so it's the worst Gen because I have to actually put a small amount of effort into the game"
the level curve makes it the easiest though
everything's a much lower level than your own pokemon
>>
>>25111069
I said I never personally experienced the BUGS you fucking dunce
>>
>>25111055
>>25111077
Spotted the retards.

All Pokemon games are virtually the same game. Only graphical changes and addition of new Pokemon.

Gen II: Pokemon distribution
Gen IV: slow as balls
Gen VI: smartphone tier easy babby mode handholding

those are the only real outstanding flaws of any of the games, if you want to ignore that the franchise as a whole is one big flaw of wasted potential

>>25111091
you said them which is a pronoun which is up to interperetation, I thought you meant you never played the games which didn't surprise me
>>
>>25111055
>>25111077
I can't wait til RBY get released on virtual console, then maybe these kids will at least try to play the game they like to shit on
>>
>>25111099
Hype as fuck. If only they released Stadium also, and you could use your RBY mon on the same SD card in Stadium and Stadium had online battles
>>
>>25111069
Also,
>>25110777
>BW
>best
>not even the B2W2 meme
Holy shit are you wrong. It's dex was pure fucking shit, the game itself was more easy than both X/Y AND OR/ASthough the difficulty is not a legitimate arguement anyways, plus their attempt at a story focused on that whiny brat N and really had nothing to do with yourself.
TL;DR, BW sucks and this guy's taste is utter shit.
>>
>>25111109
Everyone stopped listening to your opinions when you posted ORAS as your favorite game.
>>
>>25111099
I literally fucking emulated and played Blue under a month ago. I don't shit on games without playing them.
>>
>mfw there are retards judging the gen 1 games by today's standards
The worst of the games is ORAS, hands down.
>grindy gimmicky dexnav
>more hand holding than junior prom
>gym leaders under leveled
>rival heals you after every encounter, coincides with hand holding
>free legendary that mega evolves
>insert no battle frontier meme here
>post game is literally battle maison lifted from XY, legend hunting, and the delta episode which is underwhelming
>no leader rematch function
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 250x272px
>>25111118
I stopped listening to your opinions when you fit the bill for the contrarian faggots that say OR/AS was the worst game even though it's far from it, and you listed one of the worst games as the best when it can be so easily picked apart and it's so difficult do defend it isn't even funny.
>>
>>25111123
I'm judging RBY by today's standards and they're still better than ORAS.

>>25111130
>ORAS bad
>contrarian
my sides
>>
>>25111130
Keep being delusional Hoennbaby
>>
>>25111085
except for main trainers, which is where you hear the complaining from. they can't get good exp from grinding out level 13 pidgeys before fighting Morty, so instead of forming a strategy, they complain.
>>
>>25111130
>ORAS
>a worse RS
>not the worst game

>Gen V
>not fucking great overall

>>25111137
he's not even a Hoennbaby, he likes ORAS, not even god-tier Emerald, we need a new name for this kind of retard
>>
>>25111138
except nobody complains that gen 2 is hard
the whole level curve complaint has to do with it being easy
>>
>>25111132
Oh..... Someone with a brain. Excuse me then.
>>
File: 1453933056249.png (51KB, 201x332px) Image search: [Google]
1453933056249.png
51KB, 201x332px
>the negative reactions every time a Hoenn game comes out

being a Hoennbaby has never been better.
>>
>>25111123
>>gym leaders under leveled
Does that remain all the way through the game? Compare Roxanne in RS to Roxanne in ORAS, then compare Wallace in RS to Wallace in ORAS.
>>
>>25111123
>>insert no battle frontier meme here
>>post game is literally battle maison lifted from XY, legend hunting, and the delta episode which is underwhelming
>>no leader rematch function
This can all be summarized as "moderate-to-severe lack of content syndrome"
>>
File: yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg (26KB, 275x280px) Image search: [Google]
yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg
26KB, 275x280px
>people defending Gen II level curve
Yeah, battling every trainer in Kanto with teams 25 levels below your team was fun as hell.

Also, Pokemon distribution is the main problem. You can't even get most of the new Pokemon until postgame. It's just all Kanto guys.
>>
>>25110718
I honestly can't see how it can be anything but DP.

Like, why introduce all these new cross gen evolutions and then not put them in the dex?
>>
>>25110932
FRLG didn't allow cross-gens until postgame.
>>
>>25111123
>grindy gimmicky dexnav
Explain
>more hand holding than junior prom
It's all optional
>gym leaders under leveled
Turn off the Exp. Share you dunce
>rival heals you after every encounter, coincides with hand holding
Last time I checked you don't have to agree with that, and honestly, what's wrong with them healing you without having to go all the way back to a damn Pokémon center or waste a ton of potions
>free legendary that mega evolves
Once again, 100% optional
>insert no battle frontier meme here
Exactly. It's a fucking meme that holds no actual bearing.
>post game is literally battle maison lifted from XY, legend hunting, and the delta episode which is underwhelming
Better than R/S that had literally only the battle tower as post game
>no leader rematch function
You can't have the perfect game
TL;DR Optional things that make the game less grindy and time wasting
And honestly, who was expecting the BF after HG/SS had the Sinnoh BF copied and pasted over? Only remake that's had an original postgame training area was FR/LG.
>>
>>25111097
Do tell, what was there to do after beating and Catching Mewtwo in R/B/Y and what exactly does it have that makes it worth a placing above any main game after it?

>>25111099
You say this like everyone and hasn't at LEAST already emulated it if they never played it.

I mean I don't have to I'm 28 and lived through the Pokeboom while being the target dem at the time so I still have my Blue, Yellow GBP ad GBC and can play a physical copy anytime I see fit. but I'm sure others by now have played first gen and can see how terrible they are when compared to what's available today.
>>
>>25111156
>>25111157
This, distribution is the real issue.
>>
>>25111158
I know. It's fucking awful.
>>>......Huh?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I only just realized what you meant by that.
>>
>>25111123
>>gym leaders under leveled
kek, they're stronger than the originals, dummy.
>>
>>25111123
This thread is about comparing every single game and deciding on the worst.

Of course people are going to look at Gen 1 and note how it comes up short against every single gen after it in virtually every aspect.
>>
File: 142345435436.jpg (31KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
142345435436.jpg
31KB, 508x524px
>>25111186
>Gen 1
>it comes up short against every single gen after it in virtually every aspect
please explain
>>
>>25111195
Dumb frogposter. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>25110718
GS had a horrible engine, the worst region, the worst new Pokemon, tons of rehashed content, a poor level curve, a nonexistent story and the most negative additions (baby Pokemon, Unown, etc)

Gen 4's engine was even worse but there were significant gameplay improvements between 2 and 4 so it's hard to call them worse.
>>
>>25111143
>ORAS
>a worse RS
Explain how you can get worse than RS while basing it off it
The answer is you can't. Fuck off.

>Gen V
>not fucking great overall
B2W2 was acceptable, but BW was just bad.
>limited you to only the new 'mons that were introduced in that gen until you beat the game, 70% of which were not only competitively shitty, but were literally shit designs too
>forgettable characters
>already mentioned ease just like you say X/Y and OR/AS are offenders of
>already mentioned terrible attempt at a story
>graphics and resolution was worse than gen IV
No matter how good the sequels were, it could not save it from the pull of BW.
>>
>>25111199
reddit spotted
>>
>>25111159
>Better than R/S that had literally only the battle tower as post game
It's worse than Emerald though
>>
File: 1336682871861.png (201KB, 331x391px) Image search: [Google]
1336682871861.png
201KB, 331x391px
>>25111195
But I already did earlier.
>>
>>25111206
see: >>25110890

Everything else you just said is subjective and retarded.
>bad characters, etc. etc.
All """""""""""""characters""""""""""""""""" in Pokemon were bad. Have you ever actually read anything the NPCs say? That's another reason why RBY is great: no annoying retards interrupting the game every 5 seconds to dance or to whimsically warp you to the next town for safety :3
>>
>>25111206
>>25111213
Exactly. As far as Hoenn games goes...
Emerald > ORAS > RS
>>
>>25111204
What are you even talking about. GS had a perfectly normal engine. And if by "shitmons" you mean "not competitively viable", smogon, and online battles didn't exist back then. There was no need for "competitive viability".
>>
File: 1426581554143.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426581554143.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>25111215
>it's glitchy!!!
>but when I played it I experienced no glitches
>...
>it's gay!!!
ok
>>
>>25111222
>emerald is best Hoenn game
When will this meme die? How is it better aside from
>muh battle frontier that got old after an hour
>>
>>25111207
>claims reddit about an anti-frogposter
>when frogposting is literally the epitome of reddit
Hush, we don't want anyone catching your retardation
>>
>>25111159
>Exactly. It's a fucking meme that holds no actual bearing.
>le "not an Emerald remake :^)" meme
please die
>>
Out of all of them, I disliked B/W the most. I actually liked a decent amount of the dex, but they were really in your face about the story stuff. On top of that, bringing repels felt mandatory unlike most of the other games because you get into fights practically every three steps. It isn't an issue at the start, but later on the routes get longer and longer, and it gets more tedious to drag through them. Another issue I had was a lot of pokemon evolving so damn late, especially the ones I liked. By the time I finally beat the game, I was so burned out I didn't even bother with postgame stuff.
>>
File: comic146.png (269KB, 650x1268px) Image search: [Google]
comic146.png
269KB, 650x1268px
>>25110769
>when Gen 3 rolled out, none of my friends were into pokemon anymore, and a lot didn't bother to pick up Ruby and Sapphire.

That's because when Gen III came out you were probably in your later years of middle school or early highschool.

That's the age where anything even remotely kid friendly is frowned up and you're a social pariah if you're caught enjoying them.

The same thing would have happened if you were born 5 years later. Your friends would have ate Gen III right up and gen IV would have been the bastard child that none of them purchased.
>>
File: 1414915993674.jpg (41KB, 344x505px) Image search: [Google]
1414915993674.jpg
41KB, 344x505px
>Gen 2
>NEW DARK TYPE
>All of them are in Kanto except Umbreon
>>
>>25111250
Worse...frogposting is the epitome of facebook.
>>
>>25111251
I'm not even saying "it isn't emerald". I'm using logic, as HG/SS got it's BF copy and pasted from Platinum, so of course GF is going to copy the Battle Resort from X/Y and paste it in OR/AS. Use logic. Fucking memetards.
>>
File: 1425199977382.gif (137KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425199977382.gif
137KB, 500x500px
>>25111250
>>25111263
>not trying to salvage Pepe from normies
normies detected
>>
>>25111263
My point still stands
>>
>>25111159
>thinking anyone other than a kid uses the exp share during the main line story
For every optional shit mechanic they put into this game, they could have made something new, or focused on a returning mechanic. The free legendary could have been made into some sort of quest for the player to go on, but no. Steven just gives it to you with the mega stone. No feeling of "wow that was cool, or "I accomplished something", just "here's this pokemon, go do whatever. Cut all the optional hand holding bullshit and they probably could make the legend hunt a bit more like, oh I dunno, an adventure? Your only argument is all that shit is optional, but optional shit takes up space and time to make, both of which could have been used to deliver a game that wasn't more disappointing than Watch Dogs, Ultima 9, and Duke Nukem Forever combined.
>>
>>25111269
>muh patterns
Gen 3 was the generation that the battle frontier was introduced. For a remake of a gen 3 game to copy-paste a slightly better battle tower is completely ridiculous, especially considering they could include a whole battle frontier in a game from 10 years earlier.
>>
>>25111274
>>not trying to salvage Pepe from normies
Enjoy your exercise in futility.
>>
>>25111164
>I'm sure others by now have played first gen and can see how terrible they are when compared to what's available today.
That's the problem. You're trying to judge the game older that half the fags on this board by the standards of today's pokemon games, not by the standards of when they came out.
>>
>>25111274
Memes don't last forever.
It's time for you to let go.
>>
>>25111226
It is extremely glitchy though. This is something that can't even be argued as it's something even the majority of people who actually enjoy gen 1 admit.

Shit doesn't even have it's own type match-ups completely straight.

Ignoring it's glitches you are still looking at shittier sprites, a much shittier battle system/format, comparatively shittier music, and the absence of any kind of post game leaving you with dick to do after beating the E4 and catching Mewtwo other than grind.

Anything about R/B in Gen 1 was done much better WITH FR/LG in Gen 3 anyway.
>>
>>25111274
>salvage from normies
That's like trying to salvage from Chernobyl. I don't even know why I'm replying to you anyways. You're just a shitposting normie.
>>
>>25111169
You just went full retard
>>
>>25111283
What the fuck are you talking about? Crystal had a battle tower.
>>
File: 1424765533771.jpg (17KB, 390x378px) Image search: [Google]
1424765533771.jpg
17KB, 390x378px
>>25111286
>>25111292
>>
>>25111299
Are you just focusing on the earlygame?
>>
File: 1449379203733.jpg (20KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449379203733.jpg
20KB, 300x250px
>>25111296
>some faggot who likes ORAS, a smartphone game, calling anyone a normie
>>
>>25111289
This thread isn't asking "which game was the worst by the standards of the time it came out" otherwise R/B/Y wouldn't be on the list as there was no previous measuring stick to base it off of. This thread is asking simply "which game is the worst"

Compared with everything we have, yes R/B/Y are the worst games of the franchise enjoyable only through nostalgia.
>>
>>25111316
Who the fuck are you talking about. Don't go around pointing fingers on an anonymous image board, dumbass.
>>
>>25111310
Yes.
A battle tower is not a battle frontier.
>>
>>25111289
>>25111289
>That's the problem. You're trying to judge the game older that half the fags on this board by the standards of today's pokemon games, not by the standards of when they came out.
Judging RGBY by the standards of when they came out would only delude more people than it would wake up - the standards of when they came out was basically just bandwagon stuff.
>>
File: 1435212552126.jpg (24KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1435212552126.jpg
24KB, 460x276px
>>25111322
>R/B/Y are the worst games of the franchise enjoyable only through nostalgia.
But it's literally the same game as all the others, but with 8-bit graphics.
>>
>>25111332
Exactly. And instead of a battle tower like Crystal, or alternatively nothing in G/S, HG/SS had the copy and pasted Platinum BF. You haven't proven me wrong.
>>
File: wal.png (207KB, 1558x664px) Image search: [Google]
wal.png
207KB, 1558x664px
>>25111299
*unsheathes evidence*
>>
>>25111336
You're forgetting the loads of bugs, and lack of a lot of cool 'mons, moves, items, mechanics, etc.
So no, it isn't the same game, you autist.
>>
>>25111338
Anti-OR/AS memers BTFO
>>
>>25111337
Emerald had a battle frontier.
There's no reason ORAS shouldn't.

HGSS improved Crystal by going from a battle tower to a frontier. ORAS didn't improve on RS.
>>
File: 1449558334945.jpg (85KB, 895x607px) Image search: [Google]
1449558334945.jpg
85KB, 895x607px
>>25111342
>loads of bugs
irrelevant except under very specific circumstances / didn't affect gameplay at all

other reasons are subjective
>I like the mechanics
your argument instantly negated
>>
>>25111342
So what you're saying is, each residual game is by default better than the last no matter what.
>>
>>25110718
It depends on what you're looking for in a pokemon game, and what things annoy you personally. For me, funnily enough, it's split between Red/Blue and X/Y, and for opposite reasons. Red/Blue are obviously the most mechanically lacking with the least amount of pokemon (and thus less variety), but at the same time it had some challenge. Not a terrible amount, mind you, but it was there.

On the other side of the spectrum, X/Y introduced a ton of things; some good, some bad. But the games are so painfully easy and forgettable; every time I try to go back into it, I get bored after like 5 minutes because there is no challenge.
>>
File: 1315981644333.png (52KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
1315981644333.png
52KB, 249x238px
>>25111336
It's extremely limited in content, in story, in....fuck just about anything compared to all the other games while also having a godawful and broken mess of a battle system.

If you think R/B is the exact same as HG/SS or B2/W2 but with lesser graphics, I don't know what the fuck to tell you, man.
>>
ORAS. I automatically disqualify every game that's the first of its generation for "worst" because they didn't have the crutch of having another already finished game to add on to.
>>
>>25111336
>But it's literally the same game as all the others, but with 8-bit graphics.
So why are you arguing about anything?
Clearly, since they're all the same game,
BW = Yellow = Emerald = FRLG = BW2 = Crystal = Platinum = RB = RS = GS = XY = HGSS = DP = ORAS

Don't worry, everyone! We can stop arguing! All the games are the same!
>>
>>25111368
With that out of the way, there are other factors as mentioned earlier ITT. Still haven't heard a reason to why RBY is bad other than circumstantial / virtually non-existent bugs.
>>
>>25111358
Well, not really, but if you have 5 more gens after something, to say that the first one is still best is just being blinded by nostalgia.

>>25111352
>more types
>more moves
>physical/special split
Holy fuck you're a retarded genwunner. I'm not even talking to you anymore.
>>
>>25111366
So what you're saying is you're only counting remakes and of them, OR/AS is the worst. Whatever man, but FR/LG isn't that much better.
>>
>>25111378
So are you saying Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game because it has all the most recent features :^)
>>
I don't mean to stand up for ORAS, but why does everyone hate it so much? I kinda gave up on following Pokemon after how disappointing XY was. Is it just a copy/paste of Ruby/Sapphire with X/Y's graphics, or something? Or is there something that makes it particularly bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 625x626px
>>25111368
>still putting all the gen IV and VI games at the back to trigger people
>>
>>25111385
No. I'm also including things like Platinum, Emerald, and BW2. And ORAS is still the worst out of all of them. At least Those games made the post-game good. ORAS couldn't even manage that much.
>>
>>25111387
>if you think newer, improved games are better than the originals, you think the newest game in the series is the best
Fuck off with this ass-backwards logic.
>>
>>25111387
As a matter of fact, yes I am fite me faget :^)
>>
File: 14252352435123.jpg (17KB, 366x334px) Image search: [Google]
14252352435123.jpg
17KB, 366x334px
>>25111404
yeesh
>>
>>25111397
i just copypasted it from this guy's post >>25110777 so that I wouldn't have to type it all
stop with the conspiracy theories
>>
>>25111401
Of all those you listed, only HG/SS and BW2 had legitimate post-games compared to OR/AS, and BW2 is barely a legitimate post-game. If you're going to make an argument, at least make one that can't be easily picked apart.
>>
>>25110718

Out of ALL the pokemon game?

Probably Pokemon Dash or the Wii Mystery Dingeon games.
>>
>>25111358
Not him but yeah, that is correct.
Each gen winds up better than the last or at least brings a game that is much better than anything of the last

Gen 2 was a massive upgrade from Gen 1 flat out.
Gen 3 gave us Emerald which was better than anything Gen 2 and even brought us FR/LG which fixed practically every issue with Gen 1.
Gen 4 gave us Platinum and HG/SS which was better than anything Gen 3
Gen 5 gave us B/W and B2/W2 which are both amazing with the latter beating out all of Gen 4

Gen 6 is lacking for now but I'm holding out for Z. With this abnormally long wait time between the 2 main games and the 3rd version or sequel, We could be looking at the single best game of the entire franchise when it ever comes out...

...Until Gen 7 anyway.
>>
>>25111413
No. Platinum and Emerald each introduced a new BF. That alone is HOURS worth of content more single player replayability than ORAS has.

>at least make one that can't be easily picked apart.
Even though you didn't pick it apart? ok ORAS fanboy.
>>
>>25111390
Their main issues are that it's too "hand-holdy", even though A: that isn't a legitimate arguement and B: it's literally all just optional and only for those that don't feel like wasting time and just want to cut to the chase. Their stiffy for "muh BF" is also why, and because of these "problems" that triggers their autism, they have to pull reasons out of their asses to pick apart gen VI and call it terrible. Ignore them. X/Y and OR/AS are perfectly decent games with only minor issues, and you can't use that against them because all games have flaws.
>>
>'HOENN CONFIRMED!!1' shitposting for what felt like forever
>OR/AS comes out, is shit
>influx of shitting on gen I that's equally as vocal as original 'HOENN CONFIRMED!!!' shitposting

The ironing is delicious.
>>
>>25111438
Or maybe being overhyped for video games is not a good thing. I find it sad that it took most of /vp/ this long to learn that the hard way.
>>
>>25111436
Well, then, why is OR/AS good? Anything notable? Or is it just X/Y in Hoenn?
>>
>>25110718
By far DP for being flawed on a game design level and technical level. Its slowness killed my interest in the series a 2nd time. The first time my interest waned was with Crystal, but RS not being compatible was the real kicker so RS are second. I at least finished them emulated years later. I've yet to ever touch either of DP again.
>>
>>25111425
>though I didn't pick it apart
But I did. And I like how you're making no comment on HG/SS's BF, WHICH WAS LITERALLY A CARBON COPY OF PLATINUM'S. Jesus anon, don't hate games for the sake of hating them. And also, who legitimately cares about the BF in this day and age? You get practically nothing, and it isn't difficult unless you have microencephaly so it's pretty much just a clubfest that gets old after an hour. Online battles are actually something.
>>
File: 5555.jpg (55KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5555.jpg
55KB, 555x555px
>>25111316
>some faggot who likes Pepe, a facebook meme, calling anyone a normie
>>
>>25111450
>why is it good
It's R/S with more content. If you liked R/S, you'll like OR/AS. Plus it has some exclusive shit, like the new megas and soaring.
>>
>>25111454
>But I did. And I like how you're making no comment on HG/SS's BF, WHICH WAS LITERALLY A CARBON COPY OF PLATINUM'S.

I didn't mention it because you already said HGSS had a "legitimate" post-game. I didn't need to address it.

>Jesus anon, don't hate games for the sake of hating them
I don't. I hate games because they're legitimately bad games. Why don't you stop defending games for the sake of defending them? ;)

>And also, who legitimately cares about the BF in this day and age?
I do. Replayable single player content like that is what I like most about Pokemon games. If I want multiplayer I can just play Showdown. But Showdown doesn't offer something like the BF so I like it when games do have it.

>Online battles are actually something.
If I only wanted online I wouldn't bother spending $40 for a middleman and I'd just play Showdown for free. I can also use the XY game I already have instead of buying ORAS. "J-just play online" isn't a good point in ORAS' favor.
>>
File: 1437281750370.jpg (36KB, 445x302px) Image search: [Google]
1437281750370.jpg
36KB, 445x302px
>>25111455
>Pepe, a facebook meme
>newfags believe this
>>
>>25111474
>why don't you stop defending games for the sake of defending them? ;)
But I'm not. It's a decent game that doesn't deserve to be treated like it's E.T. for the Atari 2600 by you autists.
>>
>>25111494
>still trying to use damage control after he got BTFO
It's over anon. You lost.
>>
File: 1438666602402.png (617KB, 762x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438666602402.png
617KB, 762x1024px
>>25111390
>>
>>25111549
>so many of these arguements are either about annoyances in the original games that were forgotten so people didn't have to waste time and cut to the chase, or are problems that were present in HG/SS
Who made this? Some person with Down syndrome?
>>
>>25111567
>not liking the berry blending minigame
kill urself

>problems that were present in HG/SS
That doesn't invalidate the arguments
>>
>>25111567
>I want less content in my game
>because this other game had problems it justifies this one
>>
>>25111603
>I want less content in my game
When it comes to shit like that Sky Tower bullshit? Yes. I was happy to see that shit wasn't there.
>>
>>25111618
I don't mind them removing shitty places, but removing places and not adding anything back at all and leaving it barebones? Just fuck it.
>>
>>25111510
>he got BTFO
I bet you think demotivational posters are a facebook meme too.
>>
>>25111623
That's not what it means. Pepe has been adopted by the normies and is now used on facebook, so it's a facebook meme.
>>
>>25111503
>It's a decent game

LOL

>>25111618
>waaah bike is too hard for me to control ;_;

git gud
>>
>>25111623
Demotivational posters are a 9gag meme
>>
>>25111646
>trying so hard to "fit in" that you won't say that OR/AS is at least decent
And
>git gud
>implying you didn't try at least 20 times before getting it
And if you say you didn't you're lying
>>
>>25111676
>making it difficult to get a legendary pokemon is bad
Okay.
>>
>>25111688
Is the battle and low catch rate not enough? And the fact that it's level 70 and at the time the player has normally just broken 50?
>>
>>25111688
Let me tell you the difference between the cracked floors on the way to Rayquaza in RSE and getting to Articuno in the Kanto games - at least getting to Articuno requires critical thinking.
>>
>>25111462
Except ORAS is easier than Emerald and has less content.
>>
>>25111387
Skyrim removed features that were in the games before. Your favorite is arena because it's the original and the exact same as all other tes games right?
>>
>>25111373
Psychic types being broken because of bugs is an objective flaw. Game mechanics are bad too.
>>
>>25111289
RBY is shit compared to fucking Megami Tensei, which it is a ripoff of.
>>
Emerald > HG/SS > Platinum > BW2 > FR/LG > GS > BW > RS > ORAS > XY > Crystal > RBY > DP
>>
>>25111723
>OR/AS is easier than Emerald
Only if you choose to make it. The option is there but you aren't forced to do so.
>less content
Either you're baiting or you're just a blind nostalgiafag.
>>
>>25111774
The developers chose to make it easier.
>>
>>25110777
>BW >
>>
>>25110841
>Run out of jokes so list the Pokedex
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 326x343px
>>25111109
>me
>Holy shit are you wrong. It's dex was pure fucking shit, the game itself was more easy than both X/Y AND OR/AS
>>
>>25111156
I wish Muslim women would stop wearing those dumb things on their head
>>
>>25111257
>That's the age where anything even remotely kid friendly is frowned up and you're a social pariah if you're caught enjoying them.
No, it's because you couldn't bring over your gen 2 pokemon
>>
Getting nearly beat to death is better than gen 3's bullshit
>>
>>25111996
>hurr durr, he listed the exact reason why nobody played it, gotta come up with a random reason that isn't actually true
>>
>>25110725
Given that I am a HUGE DPPT fan, I agree. Didnt really have the most enticing story or NPCs. But yes, Music is the best in the Pokemon Series IMO.
>>
>>25110718
Gen 2 is the worst because it's the gen where GF forgot how to make an RPG.

God awful game balance, grindy, terrible Pokemon distribution, terrible wild Pokemon levels that don't scale correctly at all, etc.

I could go on for ages about everything they got wrong with those games but I won't, I don't know why so many nostalgiafags suck its duck on the daily though. It's like the FF7 of Pokemon, moreso than Gen 1 imo.
>>
Anyone who thinks Emerald is challenging outside of the Battle Frontier is a scrub.
>>
>>25113444
>Emerald

*Pokémon
>>
>>25113455
nah pokemon was this super hard game until optional casual buttons came and ruined everything
>>
>>25110718
RB, just because they're outclassed by every game that came after. You can still play it and all, but if you don't have nostalgia, you'll see how badly they aged compared to the other games.

Of course, based on gameplay. If you try to take in account Pokémon designs, characters and more, this discussion will never end.
>>
>>25110718
Diamond/Pearl and X/Y

Both shit.
>>
gen 1 because there are so many flaws in the game
>>
>>25113326
>he
no need to samefag
>>
File: indeks.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
So, does the poll results make Platinum the best game?
>>
>>25110728
Fuck, I can't even follow the rules. I gave up catching them all a long time ago and now only get my favorite 6 pokemon in the series.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.