[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Hoenn dex so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 1447351059061.jpg (7KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
1447351059061.jpg
7KB, 250x176px
Why is the Hoenn dex so shit?
>>
>Suddenly everything turns half Dark

Edgy as fuck
>>
What is bad about it?
>>
>>25110367
Nah. They're fine. More relevant than Johto's mons and not too many cross-gen evos. Sinnoh is when things started to get wonky.
>>
>>25110367
I don't know because you haven't explained why you think so, fucker
>>
>>25110367
>everything is a slow mixed attacker
gg Hoenn
>>
Hoenn lacked fire types but it certainly gave attention to it's own Pokemon rather than Kanto's most popular. Like for instance, Hoenn has Alakazam. Golem, and Machamp. But not Gengar so they could give their ghosts more spotlight like Sableye, Shuppet, and Duskull.

DP Pokedex sucked donkey balls because GF didn't put all the cross evolutions into the Pokedex for some reason. This made all the Elite Four rosters weak and lame. Flint had fucking Lopunny and Drifblim. None of the elite four teams made any sense. They chose to make the elite four lame by leaving most of the cross evos out of the Pokedex. They put the cross evos in the Platinum Pokedex but I got no idea why they were not in the DP pokedex.
>>
>>25110367
D/P Sinnoh dex is worse. Johto dex isn't great either.
>>
File: 1421282200567.jpg (45KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421282200567.jpg
45KB, 480x600px
>>25110367
>No fire types
>All these Gen 1 mons
>Most of the good mons are late game

ORAS was a pain in the ass
>>
I find it very, VERY hard to shit on Hoenn's Pokemon selection when Johto exists.

>Gen 2
>Barely any gen 2 pokemon
>>
File: 1454045459590.jpg (14KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1454045459590.jpg
14KB, 250x238px
>>25110367
>People shit on the Gen 3 sex when Kalos exists

Why? Why do people hate R/S/E so much? I haven't seen this much concentrated hatred for a single game since Sonic
>>
File: 1362703474481.jpg (171KB, 933x885px) Image search: [Google]
1362703474481.jpg
171KB, 933x885px
>>25110367
>little of value before Mt. fucking Pyre
>Such sparse selection (particularly early) it's near impossible to replay with a unique team

>>25110459
>>25110505
>>25110523
>Hoennbabbies desperate to shift the blame to literally ANY other gen
>>
>>25110559
Except that statement about Gen II is objectively correct.
>>
>>25110523
This senpai. It's like they never played D/P.
>>
>>25110583
But anon, nobody plays D/P anymore; they've been replaced by Platinum. Which Hoenn game fixes its shit dex?
>>
>>25110559
Yeah, nah brah

I'm still on a play-through of only using gen 2 pokemon in Soul Silver and I can attest that Johto has an absolutely shit selection of Gen 2 pokemon and Gen 1 pokemon dilutes absolutely everything.
>>
>>25110523
How new are you? /vp/ will always shit on the newest games and everything that has to do with them. Mark my words, in a few years /vp/ will love the shit out of ORAS just like they do right now with gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>25110625
And this makes Hoenn's dex better how?
>>
>>25110617
Platinum hardly fixed the dex at all and its problems were still noticeable. What made Platinum good was that they did a wonderful job with rebalancing the npc teams, fixed speed issues, and gave it an excellent post-game. The Sinnoh dex is probably the worst part about Sinnoh which is a shame because it's comfortable and has some of my favorite music in pokemon.
>>
>>25110663
Because Hoenn actually has a large selection of Hoenn Pokemon
>>
>gardevoir
>mawile
>milotic
>latias

best gen desu
>>
>>25110682
Having lots of Hoenn Pokemon =\= having a good regional dex
>>
>>25110423
Cross Gen Evos >>> The huge amount of NU and PU trash Hoenn put out
>>
>>25110741
But it IS a good regional dex and it's not washed out with ass tons of pokemon from a previous gen like Johto is nor do you have to leave that region to catch other pokemon of that gen that SHOULD be in that region.

Unless you were talking about the designs alone. At this point it comes down to taste I guess and I don't feel like staying here arguing why yours is so shit.
>>
>>25110367
Original dex sucked. OR/AS vastly improved it.
>>
>>25110764
At best that's only equal to getting the better Hoenn mons late game, because you probably aren't taking advantage of those crossgen evos until much later. They are basically deadweight for a single player experience. That is what mostly masters since you're not tied to a region's dex postgame.
>>
>>25110801
What did ORAS add to the regional dex?
>>
>>25110634
This is because /vp/ is filled with underage, meme spewing contrarians. This place is no better than most subreddits. I also really hate how /vp/ treats OR/AS like E.T. for the Atari 2600. I saw it as a major improvement over even stuff like Emerald.
>>
>>25110821
More 'mons. Cross gen ones too. Plus you have all the "hidden" 'mons for after you beat Kyogre/Groudon that you can plunder before you have to fight the E4.
>>
>>25110871
>More lategame mons
Oh joy, my starter and I will finally make some friends 8 badges in
>>
>>25110980
>implying there aren't already plenty of decent 'mons that you can get before then by just waiting a little bit and searching for them
>>
Every game after gen 2 and before 6 had shit variety. They only included less than 200 tops.
>>
It's not.
>>
>>25110764
Because Pokémon are only worth something if they're valuable in competitive play.

By the way, Hoenn introduced the first non-legendary Pokémon to be banned from OU.
>>
File: 1436856642603.jpg (20KB, 202x475px) Image search: [Google]
1436856642603.jpg
20KB, 202x475px
>>25110523
>Kalos dex
>bad
What?
>>
>camerupt
>crawdaunt
>cacturne
>metagross
>flygon
>glalie

literally all my bros
>>
I hated more Sinnoh mon's, I like Hoenn more. While Johto is my favorite, didn't care after Gen V was announced.
>>
>>25110367
Hoenn objectively had the best designs.
>>
>>25110448
ninjask, blaziken, sceptile urrr
>>only slow and mixed attackers
urrrrrrrr
>>
>>25111422
Just because Gen 6 got a god tier selection, this doesn't mean that all the ones before it were shit, faggot, even Kanto had a shit distribution, most part of the game you only see the same mons over and over.
>>
>>25112757
This really. I mean sure shitmons took up 60+% of what you encountered but the actual dex was pretty awesome. Too bad it got shat on by the fact that the game spams shitmons your way. Johto had the second best designsaside from the starters. They were trash.
>>
>>25110423
D&P is worse dex but Platinum is the best
>>
Why is Chimecho so fucking rare when it's below-average as hell?

Why did it get a baby-evo and not an actual evolution?
>>
>>25110367
>A month before ORAS launch, local Pokémon club have a VGC tournament with only Gen 3 Pokémon
>Bring Shedinja
>Literally got hit once (by a Blaziken) in the whole tournament
Shedinja may be shit, but Hoenn is more shit.
>>
>>25110523
Kolas had a great dex, it's just a shame the game was a hand holding tutorial
>>
>>25112875
>Why did it get a baby-evo and not an actual evolution?
Fuck l forgot existed
>>
>>25112934
This. Why didnt they just add a challenge mode like in B/W and just remove all the friends/handholding bull shit
Its a pretty fun region if you can get past the annoying ass npcs
>>
>>25112958
How would a challenge mode fix the dialogue?

They arent going to make two games, one for kids and one for adults.

Regardless I started replaying Platnium and it's arguably worse because your rival is the worst. Your friends in XY acted like normal kids without ADHD, at least.
>>
>>25112958
lt was amazing get fossils, ghosts and dragons early on, replaying Hoenn or Kanto l don't even have half a team by the time l've 3 or 4 badged because l don't care about bugs and rodent mons or an onslaught of grass/water/rock/flying types. Not going fullmetal OU here, it's hard finding usable in game mons with type verity
>>
>>25113011
Barry was pure ADHD but he was also a competitor/buddy who didn't let you win with a quarter of a team
>>
>>25112886
I think that has more to do with the people at that tournament.
>>
>>25110459
Might I also add that it made no sense for Hoenn to be shortchanged on fire types because, you know, there's a goddamn huge volcano on the island.
>>
>>25110423
That's how pokemon works.
The odd gens try to stand out on their own while the even ones try to add more to pre-existing pokemon.
Though this time around it took the form of Mega Evolutions instead of evos and prevos.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.