[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there are diseases in Pokemon world right? Regardless there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: bacteria.jpg (97KB, 575x366px) Image search: [Google]
bacteria.jpg
97KB, 575x366px
So there are diseases in Pokemon world right? Regardless there must be bacteria. Are bacteria in Pokemon world just microscopic Pokemon? Do Pokemon white blood cells use moves to fight off micro bacteriamon?
>>
Yes. Any other questions?
>>
Well isn't Pokerus a disease and didn't Deoxys bring something with him too if I recall?
>>
>>25095465
Dude it's a fucking children's game and anime, they don't put that much thought into it and neither should you.
You're suffering Tumblr syndrome where you think way harder than the creators.
>>
>>25095491
I'm just trynna have some fun, dude. This is the kind of stuff we've been doing forever.
>>
Alder's original Volcarona was killed by an unspecified illness.
>>
>>
>>25095491
absolutely no fun allowed
>>
Bacterial Pokemon evolution chains never end unless all of the bacteriamon of a certain species are wiped out.
>>
>>25095489
>>25095522
These

You could also assume that some Status Conditions are akin to disease or illnesses too.
>>
>>25095465
Pokerus is Pokemon's version of FEV.
>>
>>25095465
Life forms don't have to be pokemon. There are plenty of plants in the games that aren't pokemon. It seems like the only animals that exist in the games are pokemon, but the anime had some normal fish early on
>>
There are regular animals in the games. Referenced in the pokedex even in the remakes and mentions of them in dialogue that aren't just expressions. Get it right already /vp/. It's an alternate Earth plus Pokemon and all that implies.

>>25096143
Wrong
>>
microscopic Pokémon and diseases could exist on Poké-Earth (the Pokémon Earth).
>>
>>25096157
For all we know, real animals could just be mythological in the pokémon world.
>>
>>25095465
Real talk, you could make a whole game out of Micromon. I'd play it.
>>
>>25096157
No regular animals are ever shown. The most we see is something being like "the mouse Pokemon" but that's all that means in universe. If someone references as bird it's to be assumed that they mean a bird Pokemon.
>>
>>25095491
wow ur tryin way too hard to fit in bud
why even on this board if ur gonna complain about stuff like this
>>
>>25095465
>Are bacteria in Pokemon world just microscopic Pokemon?

How many times will we need to repeat to tards like you that animals exist in the pokemon world?
You have animals (including humans, bacteria and the animals humans eat) and you have pokemon.
>>
>>25095491
This rage and butthurt is something a /b/tard would come up with
>>
>>25100324
Wrong again. The pokedex makes comparison to actual animals and even names them. Most infamously the Indian elephant. Bulbapedia has every relevant instance of animals existing in the games. Look it up. Eating real fish is even mentioned in the games.
>>
>>25095465
>Masuda: "*Hahaha, I don't know..."
>>
>>25100387
>>25100493
>Using gen1 as an example
>>
File: Selection_001.png (76KB, 1207x438px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_001.png
76KB, 1207x438px
>>25101271
>thinking something is invalid because it's the gen that establishes everything

Even if that were a reason. They weren't retconned for the remakes and there's even examples in XY. You're served actual fish and shown real butterflies.
>>
>>25095465

Microbes aren't Pokemon. In fact Deoxys wasn't a Pokemon until it came to earth and adapted by turning into one.
>>
File: 1427600763882.png (119KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1427600763882.png
119KB, 665x662px
>>25100520

/thread

I hope that guy fucking dies.
>>
>>25098477
This. Pokerus, Poison, all this stuff.
>>
Gen 7's team villain will have a PokeHIV plot
>>
>>25101318
Given the opportunity, how would you go about killing him?
>>
>>25101529
What is the opportunity? We're at the same hotel? I see him in a dark alley?
>>
>>25101552
You see him walking back to his hotel late at night, not many people around. He's slightly drunk and monologue-ing about all the terrible ideas he's going to implement into the next games.
>>
>>25101712
I follow him and convince him to come drink another round while telling me of waifus and monsters. When we're walking, I lead him to the bad part of town(This is my city, right?), then scream NIGGER in a chink accent. I run away, while he is too drunk and confused about the layout of this unfamiliar city to escape.
>>
>>25100520
I hate it when creators never think out their property beyond the surface level.
>>
>>25101300
HOLD ON A MINUTE
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx

>Is everyone in the world of Pokémon a vegetarian? Do people eat Pokémon? When they are eating steak are they eating a Tauros?
>Masuda: There’s a lot of fruits and vegetables in the world of Pokémon. There is also a variety of snacks and various candies and whatnot that come from the different regions. The Pokémon world is much more technologically advanced than the world of our own, so perhaps there is probably a lot of different food that we can’t even think of.

>One example of that is there is even a Rare candy which is an actual snack or piece of candy that can make you stronger, raise your level. There are all kinds of strange food that really doesn’t exist in our universe.

Nothing about real animals. Atheist: 0
>>
You don't necessarily need to eat animals. It's perfectly plausible that they have edible plants with complete proteins, plus products like Miltank milk.
>>
>>25102478
But he didn't say anything against what actually shows up in the games. IE a real fish served to you in Kalos. Try again.
>>
I didn't ask for this feel, anon.
>>
>>25102500
Did everyone forget Farfetch'd, Magikarp, and the slowpoke tails?
>>
>>25102525
I looked it up and it does appear there are real animals in Pokemon. However that's retarded and I'm ignoring it.

It would seem that Micromon have to share a lot of features. How much variance in appearance do Micromon have? Clearly there's at least hundreds of different types.
>>
>>25102573
In the anime Oak talks about cooking Ash's tiny Krabby
>>
>>Does X exist in Pokémon
>is it organic
Yes
>Is it a Pokémon
No
>is it either a human or a plant
No

When there's no proof it's non-existent. Process of elimination, /vp/
>>
>>25102574
>>25102612

I don't even know if they would be powerful enough to be considered monsters and they're definitely not pocket monsters because pokeballs wouldn't be able to catch them. However, we do have space viruses if Deoxys is anything to go by. Basically a hull of proteins and RNA. Viruses as we know them aren't officially alive; it's complicated. Space viruses might be alive since true viruses as we know them are native to Earth. These space viruses might have mutated into the first pokemon like mew and even arceus. Clefairy is rumored to come from the moon, maybe they were microscopic organisms during that time. It could work. When earth was just a crappy mud ball a meteor came down, and boom we've got the first pokemon. Or these microscopic organisms are the key to evolution. Like how midi-chlorians are responsible for the Force. They might have infected the native earth fauna, and then affected them. Including what would become humans if we're to take the Sinnoh Myth's claims seriously.
>>
>>25102687
If we're going that far back then sure life on Pokeworld probably started the same way ours did unless Arceus put it there. In the movie with Lucario it straight up says Pokemon are magic but that probably shouldn't be seen as canon. The midichlorian idea is stupid. Midichlorians are stupid.
I'm not really interested in how the world came to be. I'm just thinking about modern micromon.

Of course Pokeballs can't catch them because they're designed to catch things of a decent size. It would be worthless to have Pokeballs that catch every microbe. They would be useless. Microbes may also not be very well studied in universe. If they are wouldn't Pokerus be a common injection?
>>
>>25102747
>Lucario it straight up says Pokemon are magic but that probably shouldn't be seen as canon
Pokemon are magic.
To us, at least. The laws of a universe with Pokemon as we know them would be different from ours, so they would be considerd science there, but it would be a science that we don't have.
>>
>>25102806
>considerd
*considered
Sorry for that.
>>
>>25102747
Pokerus seems like a wimpy virus in that it leaves indefinitely once the Pokemon is cured. Whereas with most viruses a little bit of it stays with you forever and can infect someone on other side of the world who has never been exposed to it. It just might be hard to cause a real outbreak and injections cost a hefty amount of money. Not to mention, it's definitely not as contagious as measles or even a slightly strong cold.

Microbes being responsible for pokemon's powers doesn't have to be lame like Star Wars. Take real life. Our bodies have a whole bunch of beneficial bacteria to the point that we can't function normally without them. Most notably digestion. How about instead of boring stuff like that the microbes are responsible for maintaining special organs which give something the ability to shoot water? Or maybe they become electrically charged really easily?
>>25102806
Arthur C Clarke said it first. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. At least to a less advanced civilization.
>>
>>25102806
Yes but they were stated as magic within that universe. It was olden times though so...

>>25102841
I think it's dumb still and unnecessary. A pokemon would have some sort of bladder for shooting water. Fire might be caused by the mixing of chemicals like in bombardier beetles or from striking flammable materials. There are animals with electrical powers in real life. All animals have bioelectricity, some Pokemon have stronger ones and can project theirs or they store up extra electrolytes like eels.
>>
>>25102871
I don't know how else monster microbes would work. If the bacteria isn't helping your body function or isn't being passively derping then it's probably harming you. But I guess terrific monsters would have terrific diseases. As in it begets terror.

There are those ancient bacteria older than humanity that were thawed and still alive, and things like waterbears. But they're already pokemon tier in a way.
>>
>>25102897
Yes they're diseases. Bacteria. They cause disease and also eat dead shit just like regular bacteria. There are sicknesses in Pokemon they're just not talked about much.
>>
>>25102932

I would play an elemental rock-paper-scissors Pokemon spin-off based on these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0opgc1WoS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRv19gkZ4E0
>>
>>25102947
Should cells be micromon or just bacteria and viruses?
>>
File: kingdoms.gif (29KB, 452x334px) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms.gif
29KB, 452x334px
>>
>>25103052
Where are my protistmon?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.