[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give a pokemon a reasonable ability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: poliwrath rare candy use edit.jpg (21KB, 326x374px) Image search: [Google]
poliwrath rare candy use edit.jpg
21KB, 326x374px
Explain why

Pic related

>No guard

Fighting type, learns a shitton of low accuracy moves, would instantly move up in tiers given typing

>dynamic punch, hyponosis, hydro pump, mudbomb, focus blast, blizzard, toxic
>>
Weavile

Tough Claws

I don't need to explain myself.
>>
Regigigigigigigas
Stall
>>
>>25094625
I think grass pelt would be better
>>
Flygon

Tinted lens. It's got tinted lens and its previous forms are buglike.
>>
Dunno why they gave Braviary Defiant as a hidden ability -- it should have Justified. The Japanese name for Justified is "Heart of Justice". This thing is a red white and blue eagle. It should get Justified.
>>
>>25094520
>Farfetch'd
>Sniper/Super Luck
Its whole gimmick is guaranteed crits.
Also, make Stick impervious to Knockoff.
>>
Starmie should get regenerator.

Just remove illuminate altogether and replace it with regenerator
>>
>>25094669
>America is justice
Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>25094609
ok then it's not getting the ability, buttmunch
>>
>>25094780
It is, you filthy foreigner.
>>
File: 1450739939547.jpg (13KB, 413x319px) Image search: [Google]
1450739939547.jpg
13KB, 413x319px
>Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokémon that has the ability to control electricity. It usually lives in thunderclouds. It gains power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.

>Gamefreak retconned its hidden ability from lightningrod to static

>mfw
>>
>>25094839
fuck zapdos
>>
>>25094832

America is defiant because it was built on defying the British empire you fucking dropout.
>>
>>25094520
Own tempo or technician haxorus.
>>
>>25094839
It still bugs me that they changed Chandelure's
>>
>>25094857
I'm not even the guy who want Justified Braviary, and we all knew that. I was just saying that America is Justice.
>>
>>25094879

>Own tempo
Dragon Dance, Outrage, Poison Jab, Earthquake, welcome to BL

>Technician
Various options with Dual chop, Assurance, Rock tomb, Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Rock Smash,

Not bad. Still wouldn't break UU though.
>>
>>25094808
>Implying it would have if reasons were given
>>
File: bisharp.png (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bisharp.png
129KB, 640x640px
>speed boost
>>
Remind me in the laws of what universe can claws made of ice be described as being tough.
>>
>>25095120
Heartgold entry for Weavile:
"They communicate by clawing signs in boulders and work together to surround enemies."

So its claws are hard enough to claw through stone. And then on top of that, what makes you think its claws are made of Ice? Just because they are white? Tons of cats have white "sock" patterns on their digits.
>>
>>25095120
>Remind me in the laws of what universe can claws made of ice be described as being tough.

Are you fucking serious?
It's the Pokemon universe.

Go ahead and just pick 10 random Pokedex entries.
Odds are at least one of them will describe a pokemon doing reality warping, physically impossible shit like it's nothing.
It's the same universe where a Charizard can melt boulders with it's flamethrower, yet the same flamethrower can't melt human skin, or even leave burns.
>>
Magnezone: Levitate (It moves by floating/flying around)

Regirock: Solid rock (defensive pokemon made entirely of....rocks)

Kingler: Tough Claws (It would benefit it far more than sheer force does and makes sense given that it's main feature is a gigantic pair of claws)

Typhlosion: Sheer force (Its' dex entries mostly describe it flaring in anger and causing explosions with it's fur, so I think it would make sense thematically to give it an ability like this. It also gives it a reason to not be an inferior charizard clone finally. Give it earth power or something to round it off)

Houndoom(mega): Dark aura (I realize it's currently a unique ability on a box art legendary but a dark pack hunter drawing power from the sun makes no damn sense and we already handed drought and drizzle down to other things).

Flygon: Tinted lens (Most of the things given this ability are bugs with compound eyes...flygon's eyes are similar enough to fit that bill)

Vespiquen: Filter, Magic Guard, or an entirely new ability (I realize this thing has one of the shittiest typings in the game for a defensive pokemon but I like it and really wish it were good....you could argue that since it's a queen bee the underlings are shielding it. If not that then an entirely new ability needs to be made to give it some sort of staying power..It's so bad at the moment that something drastic is warranted).

Dusknoir: Intimidate (It has a giant ass freaky face on the front of it, it looks creepy, and it needs something to make it useable over dusclops).

Shaymin- Sky: Cloud Nine/Competitive/Solar power (I really freaking like skymin and if the main reason everyone hate's it is flinch haxing past its' counters then lets take that away...any of these would give it a different niche and still leave it with a respectable amount of threat).

Archeops: Keen Eye (Defeatist is unwarranted on it given it's frailty but anything else would be a little overbearing with the stats it has...so I went neutral).
>>
>>25095366

Continued:

Vanilluxe: Something entirely new... (At first I was like "snow warning or refrigerate"....but aurorus would cry, we can do better. Given their model and relative shittiness I was thinking a nerfed parental bond where both hits hit for half BP would be appropriate to give them a niche).

Accelgor:Storm Drain/Dry Skin (It already has hydration and it honestly could use something more powerful but this was the best I could think of that didn't go overboard. Also I just saw it learns water shuriken....what the fuck..)

Volcarona: Shield Dust (I love this thing to death and would love to see it get something absurd but....It's already good even with it's flaws so, just give it something that isn't the two awful abilities it does have)

Delphox: Adaptability (It fucking blows, victini exists, the other two starters got fantastic abilities, ...lets get crazy. It's a spellcaster and supposed to be highly intelligent and focused so give it something that reflects that).

Pyroar: A special attack equivalent of moxie (It already has moxie and is clearly a special attacker...).

Florges: Natural Cure (anything is better than what it has and this makes sense on a defensive flower motif pokemon)

Gourgeist: Flash Fire/Cursed body (Another "I love you, why aren't you good?" buff... Jackolanterns are already burning on the inside so flash fire isn't a stretch...barring that the dex entries talk about curses and it's an eerie ghost so cursed body would be my second choice).

Hoopa: Infiltrator (It's able to warp space to steal just about anything....this would be perfect thematically in my opinion. It might give Hoopa-U a little more edge than it needs but magician is trash and this makes far more sense).
>>
File: 1430247926403.jpg (66KB, 800x695px) Image search: [Google]
1430247926403.jpg
66KB, 800x695px
Ionate
I'd be okay with all the eeveelutions getting -ate abilities.

Though all it really needs is some sort of coverage other than signal beam like how manectric can bypass grass types with flamethrower.
>>
>>25095599
Only move that would matter would be Hyper voice, which does the same damage as thunderbolt but with no para chance in exchange for hitting through subs. I think Iron Barbs would be better for Jolteon.

Now as for Burninate Flareon with Flame charge and facade + toxic orb, god help us.
>>
>>25095533
>Accelgor
Should totally get Hydro Pump and Scald too
>>
>>25095675

Hell, make it bug/water while we're at it. It's basically a sea snail and it would give it a niche no other pokemon has at the moment.
>>
File: image.png (650KB, 771x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
650KB, 771x780px
Mold Breaker as its HA. It's a four-armed muscular superpowered pokemon that could already "break" accuracy rules. It wouldn't be as useful as No Guard but would still present a nice alternative over Steadfast, which is basically shit.
>>
>>25095857

Why not something that wont be completely invalid next to no guard? Like defiant maybe?
>>
>>25095901
Defiant sounds good. Maybe too good. I basically just want to get rid of Steadfast. He could have many more appropriate abilities
>>
>>25095120
>Ice cant be tough
>glaciers exist
Lol ok
>>
solar power

grass type, is basically a tropical flower in-universe and out-universe. has synthesis to back it up and decent enough sp. atk
>>
>>25094705
stats
it cant one hit even with crit and get one hitet so yeah
>>
>>25094520
That would be badass. Perfectly accurate Hypnosis and Dynamic Punch? Sign me up!
>>
>>25095120
The sharp claw pokemon shouldn't get tough claws?
>>
>>25095631
Would it hit harder with burninate or guts then?
>>
>>25097363
Vileplume needs some new abilities too.

It's stupid that a pokemon based on a plant without chlorophyll has chlorophyll as its only normal ability.

Shield Dust could work. I know it's currently meant for butterfly/moth pokemon, but Vileplume is supposed to scatter spores and pollen as a defense mechanism.
>>
>>25097398
252+ Atk Guts Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 322-381 (94.4 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Flareon Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 251-296 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Burninate Flareon Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 327-385 (95.8 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Burninate Flareon Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 238-282 (69.7 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>25097398
140 BP * 1.5 guts boost

140 BP * 1.5 newly gained STAB boost * 1.3 -ate boost.

you get 30% Extra from the -Ate ability.
>>
>>25094633
Doooood great idea
>>
arbok glare
>>
File: drunk puff.jpg (28KB, 549x442px) Image search: [Google]
drunk puff.jpg
28KB, 549x442px
>>25098182
That is literally his signature move from Gen 1 and has been in his repertoire since.
>>
>>25097384
it's claws are sharp, not tough, idiot
>>
>>25095366
>and we already handed drought and drizzle down to other things).
>we

get your we off me
>>
>>25098027
...regenerator?
>>
>>25095631
HV gets a 30% boost. Plus it's waaay more useful in doubles.
>>
>speed boost primape
Well if blaziken gets faster as battles go on, then why not anger:the pokemon?

> volt absorb metagross
Its a robot, wouldn't be surprised if it could absorb electricity.

>magnet pull mega steelix
Stab eq is wasted, if mega steelix could trap steel pokemon it would be amazing.
>>
>>25097369
With Sniper it might survive in NU
>>
>>25098462
>wanting to get rid of defiant
>>
>>25098279
It can scratch and crush rocks...
>>
>Filter Regice
>No guard Registeel
>Rock Solid Regirock

>Heatproof cryogonal
>Frost Absorb Articuno
>Flare Absorb Moltres
>Lightening Rod Zapdos

>Analytic Uxie (knowledge)
>Anger Point Mesprit (emotion)
>Competitive Azelf (willpower)

>Parental Bond Phione
>>
>>25095086
and bullet punch
>>
>>25098279
well they have a strong jaw ability
>>
>>25099138
>cryogonal anything

Fuck this stupid pokemon. What were GF thinking?
>>
>>25099138
I'm actually ok with this. Fixes most of the legendaries who are trash.
>>
Zebstrika gets Reckless and Flare Blitz, there's no reason why it doesn't already have this move. We now have exactly one viable user of Wild Charge. Can be used like a physical M-Manectric except worse.

Suicune gets Intimidate.

Donphan gets Bulletproof.

Mew and Starmie get Protean.

Chandelure vets Shadow Tag back.
>>
Zebstrika gets Reckless and Flare Blitz, there's no reason why it doesn't already have this move. If you're going to give it physical Fire coverage make it Flare Blitz and not Flame Charge, the former has Electric connotations. We now have exactly one viable user of Wild Charge. Can be used like a physical M-Manectric except worse.

Suicune gets Intimidate. Simply because it's a good Ability for a bulky Water and it's not fair that so many of the legendary trios just get Pressure slapped on. The legendary birds and dogs should also get better Abilities, I'm just too lazy to think of any more. Some have already been suggested in this thread.

Donphan gets Bulletproof. It's the Armor Pokemon.

Mew and Starmie get Protean. It definitely fits Mew but I guess Starmie would appreciate Regenerator just as well, it's a starfish.

Chandelure vets Shadow Tag back. It had it once there's no reason to retcon it just because...well, why did they? M-Gengar? Fuck that.

As another anon mentioned Gourgeist gets Flash Fire. Jack-o-Lantern. Although I doubt it would use its Fire coverage moves to take advantage of it, it's just a nifty immunity for a Grass/Ghost to have, being immune to Fire, Normal, Fighting, and every single sleep-inducing status move.
>>
>>25095857

I can't imagine how this would he useful besides against Multiscale Dragonite.
>>
>>25098305

It would be an inferior Amoonguss in every aspect with Regenerator. I mean it already is an inferior Amoonguss.

I actually have no idea how to help poor Vileplume.
>>
>>25100007
>Filter M-Aggron
>>
>>25099991
>not giving legendary dogs regeneration when they are literally revived eeveelutions
>intimidate suicune

First off suicune ain't even suffering with pressure. Second how is an elegant water dog intimidating? Only poke that has intimidate wrongfully is starraptor pre-evolve but that's only because it goes with its evolutions appearance.

>protean starmie
For what propose
>>
>>25098279
Salty.
>>
>>25199999
>>
>>25099999
>>
>>25094625
truant
>>
File: Linkin Park designs a CAPmon.jpg (47KB, 599x554px) Image search: [Google]
Linkin Park designs a CAPmon.jpg
47KB, 599x554px
The only Pokemon who deserve new abilities are the ones that got stuck with Levitate
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.