[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want in a pokemon game? Me, I want all the little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mhiz2s1ZJ91ql4xdgo1_500.gif (662KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhiz2s1ZJ91ql4xdgo1_500.gif
662KB, 500x362px
What do you want in a pokemon game?

Me, I want all the little features that were added in one game, and fucking removed right after for no god damn reason.

>UNCENSORED Game corner
>Safari zone
>Pokemon followers
>underground
>customized pokeball
>Eon flute
>customizing your trainer
>pokemon contests
>poketech
>gym rematches
>battle frontier
>secret bases
>apricorn pokeballs
>seasonal changes
>night/day cycle
>fucking BERRY POTS
>>
>>25084800
>Safari zone

No. Fuck the Safari Zone (or the Safari Game, anyway). I hope it stays dead forever.
>>
>>25084800
GC is never coming back because Germans
Safari zone was good in concept but terrible in execution
Same with the underground since it became A waiting game and spiritomb grinding area once you found the fossils
Following.Pokemon is a terrible idea for people who enjoy role-playing because it puts a personality to the pokemon essentially stunting imagination.
>custom balls
>fuck you after throwing the ball
Custom trainers I doubt are leaving, the only reason they weren't in ORAS is because it's a remake.
Poketch was a junk tier feature with only three good applications. Of course if they improve it there would be no issue but this is gamefreak.
Secret bases only if they're in the RSEORAS format. Gen 4 bases were a travesty.
Apricorn balls either have been replaced with better balls or have a redundant or nigh useless function like the moon ball.
Night and day never technically left except for when it wasn't represented graphically in gen 3. After all the game still had time based events.
Berry pots are terrible because you're limited to 4 at a time. Having a plot of land like in kalos or areas dotted around is better because you have a higher limit.
>>
>>25084817
Fuck you, newfag, it's not made for people like you, i wish your mother stays dead forever
>>
>The Game Corner is rng bullshit that cheats more than a real Pachislot machine

why do you people want this? you just bought the fucking coins with game money anyway

why not just make all prizes something you can earn through, I don't know, fucking battle points?

You just want something because it's gone, not because it was ever good
>>
>>25084949
>cheats more than a real Pachislot machine

different machines had different win ratios, retard.

Also, the slots in RSE weren't random. You stopped each wheel by pressing A
>>
>>25084969

>The slot machines in the Game Corners are based on Japanese pachisuro machines (see the Real Life section), and thus they will slip to prevent paying out a winning combination. However, the slots in the Japanese versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver take this Up to Eleven: They'll actually continue spinning well after you hit the button (even if it takes more than a half-revolution) to force two Poké Balls or two 7's to line up on the first two reels, then force the third reel to avoid lining up a third 7 or Poké Ball to achieve a near miss. This would actually be highly illegal to program into a real pachisuro machine.
>>
>>25084943
It's for genwunners who never truly moved on.

The fact that two of the required things were within the Safari Game in Kanto was kinda bullshit though.
>>
>>25084817
This.

I'm glad that shit has been gone since BW.
>>
>>25084938
>GC is never coming back because Germans
Replace it with an arcade then. Maybe throw in new versions of Pinball, Battle Trozei, Rumble, and maybe even a virtual version of Tretta to appeal to the weebs.
>>
>>25085036

How is it any different from any of the other dungeons?
>>
>>25085056
>have to pay PokéDollars to access it
>can only cover so much ground and catch so many Pokémon in one go before you're kicked out
>>
>>25084800
Game freak is too lazy to make over world sprites for Pokemon. I understand why they wouldn't want to put so much time into such an irrelevant feature but at the same time, it was a really nice feature that was lost in the newer games and could have been pulled off very well in 3D
>>
>>25085056
No step limit, no possibility of rare pokemon running, don't have to pay entry, ability to use better balls.
>>
>>25085056

The bullshit system with throwing bait and rocks or whatever. It's an area specially designed to have shitty, un-fun mechanics.
>>
>>25084800
I really miss being able to travel to an island to catch a special event legendary. The islands with mew and delays were really cool and the azure flute, oaks letter and Inn key events revealed cool information about the lore.
>>
>>25085079
Overworld pokemon sprites exist in gen 6 anon the problem is that it would have lengthened the dev time for something that takes away from potential player enjoyment.
>>
>>25084800
Some kind of end game thing where I can fight people who just get stronger and stronger so that I can keep leveling up. I just want to keep leveling and have a reason to
>>
>>25085097
Models even.
>>
>>25085101
>Some kind of end game thing where I can fight people who just get stronger and stronger so that I can keep leveling up.
No game with a cap has or can have this.
>>
Johto safari zone was a gimmicky piece of shit that I could never even get to work correctly. I fucking hated that thing, laying down all those objects and waiting for some new 'mons but never getting any. Fuck you Baoba, you lazy sack of shit.
>>
>>25085117
I mean go up to 90 at least? or 95? I don't mean forever
>>
>>25085134
Closest thing to that then was black tower and white treehollow
>>
I want each region to have its own unique atmosphere, roster, and attractions so I have reasons to go back and revisit them all
>>
>>25085149
So what we currently have?
>>
I just Want no more new Pokemon
>>
>>25085147
yeah I did those a little bit but you needed a lot of friends if I remember right?

I just need more end game basically. Catching them all is still fun but it requires SO much trading which gets to be a drag. I love going out and catching them but waiting on gts is a huge bore. I feel like even the battle maison would be more exciting if it was at least like a dungeon.

Shit they should make random victory roads with random trainers you can go in that would be fun
>>
Add the League Conference between Victory Road and the Elite Four.
>>
>>25085172
>yeah I did those a little bit but you needed a lot of friends if I remember right?
Nah, these were in black and white 2.
It was essentially a maze with trainers that would get progressively stronger as you completed the floor.
If I remember right you had no healing items and only one trainer could heal you after battling them. I don't remember if you could repeatedly heal though.
>>
>optional following feature

Think of how you use Sweet Scent. There would be an option like that - "Let Out" or something. That way I could have Pokemon follow me, and the people who don't like it don't have to deal with it.

>some HMs replaced with items, some become inherent actions

Cut is replaced by a collapsible hand axe, Flash by a flashlight, any "strong" Pokemon (think Machop) can push boulders, and almost any Pokemon can smash rocks. Only Fly and Surf retain their HM status because although those actions are inherent to birds and Water-types, performing them with a trainer isn't; e.g. Fly doesn't teach a bird how to fly, it teaches it how fast and high to go while carrying you. An NPC explains this to you, also giving you some spiel about how although people and Pokemon continue to grow, they'll always have to rely on each other. Various other NPCs make comments and jokes about the rest of the regions still having HMs, akin to Skyrim's "curved swords" joke. Anything that knows Surf can dive in deep water or scale a waterfall, the actual moves Dive and Waterfall are TMs. Also, Flying and Surfing models are the actual Pokemon, and you can soar with any Flyer by selecting the new "Soar" option in the same way you'd use Sweet Scent.

>Team Rocket-esque team, or evil team who's goal doesn't involve capturing a Legendary and taking over the world

I get that Pokemon are these crazy powerful things and villains are bound to think big because of that, but the whole "I'm going literally kill everything and/or make a new world" plot is thinking TOO big IMO. These plots also often result in the protagonist being some kind of "chosen one", which everyone forgets about later anyways. I don't have any idea what kind of plot would work instead, but I'm tired of the psychotic villians.

Con.
>>
>>25086970
>rivals that are competent from the start or really develop as characters

Shauna, Serena, Tierno, and the other guy were shit. All of them. Shauna is still standing outside my house. Serena was "aww, geez, I lost again, gonna try harder! Aww, still lost". Tierno didn't become a dancer, have a dance-based team, and not one of his Pokemon in the last story battle even had 4 moves. His Roserade ONLY knows Petal Dance, because hurr dancer. I don't even remember the other kids name, but I remember you find out his parents apparently just abandoned him and his sister, and they didn't even expand on that. Were all of the previous rivals great? No, but they were better. Wally is a Rival done right.

>a big, varied region

Go on Bulbapedo and look at all the anime-exclusive locations for every region. I want that. Not more empty filler towns, but shit like Maiden's Peak, Eggsetter, Forina, Michina Town, Area 28, or fuckin' Pikachu Land. The games are so small and there's no reason for them to be. ORAS were almost 2gb, a 3DS cart holds 8gb.

>increased difficulty or difficulty increasing option available from the start

I've been playing Pokemon since I was 4. I'm a god damn pro. A hard mode with level scaling or something would be cool. Wild Pokemon are around the levels of your party, Gym Leaders are 1-3 higher than your highest, the E4 is 3-5 higher, and the Champ is 5-10. I don't know, something.

That's really it. I never played the slots, use the Safari Zone, played Underground, used Ball Seals, and a bunch of that other stuff.

The return of seasons and customization would be cool.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.