[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never go back to the comfy gen 4 metagame >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1414614847510.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1414614847510.png
36KB, 800x800px
>you will never go back to the comfy gen 4 metagame
>the gen 5 and 6 power creep with only further
>>
>>25072216
>implying Gen 4 ou isn't a fully supported meta on showdown
>>
>>25072216
i'm kind curious on how people would rate each gen's metagame for me I guess it'd be something like 4>3>5>6>>>>shit>>>>1>2
>>
>>25072376
Before Platinum came in and fucked things up, Gen 4 was probably the best the metagame has ever been.
>>
>>25072376
How is G1 meta game better than G2?
>>
>>25072618
How did Platinum fuck things up? I was a shitty Karenfag back then, the only thing I remember is a BP Scizor sweeping me because I let it set up
>>
Genesect era gen V >>> all
>>
>>25072723
Nothing, people are just booty blasted that Scizor finally got gud instead of remaining an unusable shitmon

Scizor got Superpower that gen, too. Don't forget.
>>
>>25072735
>projecting this hard

>>25072723
Move Tutors
>>
>>25072376
>5>6

I'll take overpowered megas over the shit that was weather meta
>>
>>25072667
Gen 2 was very stally, and Snorlax was gen I Mewtwo levels of overpowered
>>
The Platinum meta was filled with BP Scizor and Weaviles. It also gave us the raw, unadulterated cancer that is Heatran and Cresselia.
>>
>playing the gen the power creep started

fucking retard
>>
>>25075087
Have fun with SkarmBliss, then :^)
>>
Every gen is going to have overpowered pokemon. Gen I had basically any psychic type, gen II had Snorlax, gen III had Suicune, et cetera. You can't claim gen IV is less balanced than the others when the other games had way less room for deviation from standard sets.

That being said, the main thing that gen 4 did was make every pokemon more usable. Pokemon like Sneasel that were blessed with great stats but shitty types to compliment them suddenly had the option to use physical and special moves. Although pokemon with middling attack/special attack and bad speed (Like the entire gen 6 roster) were still screwed, but it was an improvement
>>
3>4>2>1>shit>6>5
>>
>>25075199
>3 anywhere above 3rd
>6 below shit
>1 above 5
Fucking lel. I liked Hoenn, but get 3 was still shit. Here's what a correct list looks like.
4>6>2>3>5>shit>>>>>>>1
>>
4 was so much better without all of these retarded overpowered legendaries being a plague unlike 5 and 6. We should go back to it.
>>
just play gen 6 UU or gen 4 OU

that's literally all you need to do to have fun
>>
What made Snorlax OP in Gen 2?
>>
>>25075420
Curse to boost its Attack/Defense and practically no decent Fighting-types whatsoever. Gen IV and Close Combat was the main thing that killed Snorlax.
>>
>>25075312
The Hoenn legendaries were always the most OP, even before this primal nonsense.
>>
4 > 5 (fuck you I enjoyed weather) = 3 >2 > 1 = 6
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.