[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Stealth Rocks? As it is, Rocks are a must in any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (529KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
529KB, 1920x1200px
How do we fix Stealth Rocks?
As it is, Rocks are a must in any team, which puts tons of Pokemon at a huge disadvantage, some even going down tiers because they can't deal with the sneaky pebbles.

But how can we fix the move? Lower the damage? Change it to a set amount of damage instead of having it capable of being 4x SE?
>>
>>25071156
like talonflame needs any help
>>
Have it so Rock types clear them away the same way Poison types do with Toxic Spikes.
>>
>>25071180
The best solution desu.
>>
>>25071180

That.
>>
>>25071180
this, also a cap of 25% damage. so if its super effective its like a full layer of spikes
>>
Give more opportunity to remove them.

Like more distro on Rapid Spin, and have another move remove them from the field too; you could even give it to Flying types to help deal with their weakness to it. Maybe throw the effect on an old useless move. Then Sneaky Stones would be alright.
>>
Rock-types absorb them
Rapid Spin power buffed to 40, power is doubled when removing hazards
Gust and Twister also remove hazards
>>
File: 1427878295489.png (215KB, 392x411px) Image search: [Google]
1427878295489.png
215KB, 392x411px
>>25071156
Rocks don't need nerf. It's not like smogon was able to ban problematic mons. Just leave these poor rocks alone. They are one of the many proof that this game is impossible to balance but shhh
>>
>>25071156
Honestly, I'd say just reduce the damage values in half. Neutral goes from 1/8 down to 1/16, 1/4 down to 1/8, etc. Passive damage is a great tool to have, but I'd hardly call 50% free damage "passive." Sure, the 4x super victims would still be taking a 1/4 damage, but that's way more manageable and a little more balanced, IMO.
>>
How about instead of doing rock type damage it only checks those immune to ground in any form?

This way it exclusively punishes flyers and levitaters for that, and that only.
>>
>>25071156
>regirock (and other rock types) get a new ability
>switching in it restores health and removes sneaky pebbles
>>
File: changes and shit.png (3MB, 1228x5357px) Image search: [Google]
changes and shit.png
3MB, 1228x5357px
>>25071347
>tfw when i suggested this a year ago and everyone hated it.
>>
By adding more typed entry hazards.
>>
>>25071369
>>25071347
I don't know why anyone would hate the idea. It would give people more incentive to use rock types, and they're already rare enough as it is so it's not like it would make stealth rocks useless.
>>
Make the move exclusive to Rock-type Pokemon.
>>
>>25071322
This is probably the best solution. It makes it not be a must have move imo, just a good move, which would give way for, gasp, diversity in movesets.
>>
>>25071397
This is what they should have done from the moment it was made but the damage has been done.
>>
>>25071397
This is the one I always say, no faggot walls as Ferro and Chansey putting them up.

They should do the same thing with Toxic being only available to poison pokemon too.
>>
>>25071418

Eh, Toxic is fine

What I'd prefer they do is just make toxic poison (the status condition) exclusive to Poison-type Pokemon.

When they use Toxic, or any move that inflicts poison, it should inflict toxic poison.

When any other type uses Toxic, or a move that inflicts poison, it should inflict regular poison.
>>
>>25071340
This.
As it is now it fucks over anything weak to Rock instead of just fucking over those immune to all other entry hazards as it should. It should do 25% to Flying, Levitate users and Air Balloon holders and 6.25% to everything else.
>>
File: Fat Worm Blows A Sparky.webm (672KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Worm Blows A Sparky.webm
672KB, 544x400px
It's too late, Game Freak has balanced the game with rocks in mind.

You think it'll make your "bros" viable, but in reality you're going to see even more Talonflame and Dragonite.
>>
File: 1378209111622.gif (965KB, 500x175px) Image search: [Google]
1378209111622.gif
965KB, 500x175px
>>25071156
>yfw stealth rock was released almost 10 years ago and /vp/ is still shitposting about it
>>
>>25071599
it's too powerful of a move
>>
Cut the damage in half.
>>
>half the damage!!!

Dumb as fuck, if there were any damage nerf it should be for the base to be 1/12 instead of 1/8. Goes up to 1/3, which is actually a sizeable chunk of health for Pokemon like Talonflame, and down to 1/48th
>>
>>25071156
>only hurts flying units
>always hits for 25% HP

There, balanced. In exchange for immunity to other hazards, only on move is needed to do max damage and it doesn't harm the grounded Pokémon, making it less viable as a slap it on everything move.
>>
Only hurting Flying-types/Levitate users would make sense.

I mean, the move's description even says:

>The user lays a trap of levitating stones around the opposing team.

They're not ordinary rocks, they're floating rocks.
>>
>>25071180
>Superpower+SR TTar on every team
>>
>>25071156
>some go down to lower tiers
Hahahaha I kind of don't want this meme to die, people being stupid is so fucking funny

There has literally never been a Pokemon shifted down a tier purely because of rocks. Articuno, Moltres, Delibird, any Bug Flying, they all suck (with the exception of venomoth, who runs the 2nd best quiver dance set in the game after volc, who is still top tier viable despite the 'crippling' SR weakness). Face it, niggers, stealth rock forces Charizardfags and Talonfags from centralizing the meta, it quicken games and adds an overall new layer for the meta, and it's one of the few reasons why this meta is really good and dynamic.
>but waaaaah too OP lower the damage or make rock types remove them
Admittedly not bad solutions, but there's no problem in the first place.
>>
>>25073280
>Moltres is still bad without rocks
>125 sp atk plus decent bulk and speed
>Easy switch in to Zard, Clef, Heatran, Metagross, Scizor and more
>SubRoost + Will I Wisp
>Hurricane
>U-turn
Smh baka desu senpai
>>
Assuming it even is a prob, just let more pokes gain access to rapid spin, and/or defog.
>>
>>25073385
90 speed isn't decent, dude, that's really low for a sweeper for this meta. And it's not bulky, the fuck you on about? And how does it easily switch into anything you listed bar Metagross and Scizor? The rest it loses to.

Yes, run Substitute/Roost/Will O Wisp/high attack power move, sounds like a great set. All Moltres can do is just use high power inaccurate bullshit in order to dent things and dies to any bulky water or any Pokemon that can easily weather relatively weak special attacks. And U Turn doesn't make something,good FOH Nigga

Face it, gay firebird sucks dick
>>
>>25073280
Shouldn't it be more like:
>WAAAAH, Rocks are the only thing making [insert muh bro] unviable! What is Rapid Spin? What is Defog? WAAAAAAHHHHH, it's all Joe Smogons fault!!!!!
>>
>>25074421
This, yeah. And seeing that these same people tend to cry about Smogon's evasion hate, itd be perfect.
>why are SR so evil? I run shit moves like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave to deal with the completely fair evasion, why am I forced to run Defog or Rapid Spin!!!!?!
>>
>>25074498
Only thing that's missing now is the "just play around it xD" meme. What, Mega Lucario effortlessly obliterates whole teams, because it has the strongest Close Combat in game? Lel, just use Volcarona, solid counter xD
>>
20% to Flying types, 10% to everything else. There, fixed. Talonflame can rot in ubers for all I care.
>>
Play doubles: The MetaGame where entry hazards are virtually nonexistent and your favorite shitmons might have a niche.
>>
>>25071156
>How do we fix Stealth Rocks?

SR deals 1/8 damage to all Pokemon except Flyers and Levitators to which it deals 1/4.

F I X E D
I
X
E
D
>>
File: Creator of Pokémon.jpg (37KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
Creator of Pokémon.jpg
37KB, 500x652px
>>25071156
>>
>>25074592
gayest image I've ever seen
>>
File: Gentleman Quote.png (57KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
Gentleman Quote.png
57KB, 500x271px
>>25074596
>>
>>25071369
>Emotional Rise
>Target becomes infatuated, tormented and taunted for 2-3 turns
Even without the infatuation part Mesprit would become the greatest stallbreaker in existence. I love this idea.
>>
>>25072448

>Implying that's a bad thing

If you're going to have a dominant Pokemon, and there will always be one, why not one with a crapload of weaknesses?
>>
File: Quote-1.jpg (17KB, 583x153px) Image search: [Google]
Quote-1.jpg
17KB, 583x153px
>>25074691
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
>mfw sneaky pebbles were the one thing that saved my ass from Red
Based Steelix is based
>>
>>25071156
Why fix it? Its a shitty move, in the true competitive scene, vgc, nobody uses it
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.