[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Meganium considered by many to be the worst starter within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Meganium_full_1011457.jpg (257KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
Meganium_full_1011457.jpg
257KB, 895x895px
Why is Meganium considered by many to be the worst starter within the Pokémon community?
>>
>>25070093
Dragonite syndrome: ie try to look cute but end up looking retarded instead. Also it's the worst starter by far competitive-wise.
>>
>>25070093
Because they have shit taste or are edgy teens who think that pink = bad.

The worst starters to use in-game are RSE Sceptile and Serperior.
>>
>>25070093
It's a defensive rather than an offensive pokemon, which is not as useful.
>>
Poor stats and movepool compared to all the others. And they're my absolute favorites, bummed they're not exactly the most potent mons around
>>
>>25070093
I like Maganium, but it's objectively pretty bad. Serperior is the worse starter, in my opinion, though.
>>
it doesn't really have much of a niche. It's offenses suck and pure grass means lots of super effective hits will land on it. It's just nothing special at all.
>>
>>25070093
OP here. I forgot to say when I meant "worst starter," I didn't mean just in terms of competitive viability, but general popularity.
>>
>>25070111
I hope you mean non-contrary Serperior
>>
>>25070186
>in-game
yes, non-contrary
>>
>>25070186
Well considering you can't use Contrary Serp in-game...
>>
File: m0013.png (438KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
m0013.png
438KB, 1000x1200px
>>25070093
Because shit taste.
Meganium is cute.
>>
>>25070093
>>25070156
Meganium has a pretty generic design, especially for all of the starters. While it's still not bad, it's not fun to use in-game at all, as it's weak to or can't damage 6/8 of the in-game gyms. It really only gets grass and normal moves for coverage, doesn't get a lot for support, and has lukewarm attack and special attack on top of that.
I like meganium, but it doesn't have much to set it out from the other starters at all.

>>25070111
>RSE Sceptile
Sceptile wasn't bad in RSE at all, it had leaf blade, dragon claw, and some other random coverage moves that made it pretty good in-game. It had the special attack to use them, too. Especially with dat speed. Oceans better than either iteration of meganium.

serperior is dildos in BW and BW2 though
>>
>>25070093
Jhoto hates Chikorita

Meganium's standout point is it gets screens by level not TM; other than that it's generic and bland as hell. It has literally nothing over Venusaur.
>>
>>25070093
Looks like a round, fat mess with a long rounded cylinder for a head. Completely bland design, even for a cute flower.
Doesn't stand out as a good plant/animal choice, with Pokemon such as Sunflora having more lore behind them than "muh herb + dinosaur". Overall shitty plant and animal choice, unlike all other Grass starters (and most grass types desu). The starters have a plant/animal relation in concept and/or design (jungle gecko exist, vine snake exist, hedgehogs and chestnut both are "defensive" looking). Heck, even Venusaur has more of a relation to the random flower on it's back, because it's functional and substitutes his normal animal species' scale spikes... unlike Meganium's neck thing, which is totally and completely random.
Competitively and in-game, Meganium is also utterly shit, so I'm sure that helps. Freaking 1st and 2nd gyms shit on Grass types.
>>
Scrubs who thought the game was too hard for them so they shit on meganium.
>>
File: meganium_by_all0412-d54vi84.jpg (52KB, 900x524px) Image search: [Google]
meganium_by_all0412-d54vi84.jpg
52KB, 900x524px
>>25070242
I should say it's weak to or can't damage 6/8 pre-kanto gyms, it's also unable to damage 3/4ths of the E4 very readily, and doesn't do shit to 3/8 kanto gyms either.
that said, pokemon is easy and meganium is far from the ugliest pokemon, if you like it use it it's one of the cuter grass types imo
>>
>>25070254
I picked Grass starters in my first run in all Pokemon games I played, and it was quite hard to be spoiled back in the day.
As a Grass type fanatic, I still consider Meganium to be the worst starter ever created.
>>
>>25070093
Just believe that GF will give it a Grass/Fairy mega someday and enjoy seeing all of the contrarians come out
>>
>>25070093
I don't really like it's aesthetics... Though I guess I'm one to talk, seeing that my favourite starters are not really well-received either.
>>
>>25070093
>>25070111
That's not Samurott.
>>
>>25070093
Because she gave me the funny feels and I didn't like them
>>
>>25070243
Chikorita makes the most sense the way vine whip comes out the neck in the show, unlike bulbasaur with vines out from under the bulb or whatever
>>
>>25070093
>looks gay as fuck, has a horrible bland design
>defensive mono-grass, wow its fucking nothing
>shit moveset, could have at least done better than the standard powders/seed fare
>overall forgettable, doesn't even feel like a starter
>memed to hell and back by this cancerous community and its furfags
>and of course, ingame disadvantage against every major trainer you fight
Its really just a solidly bad pokemon, no redeeming qualities about it other than the faggots who say it's cute as a pathetic attempt to justify their faggotry
>>
>>25070831
>>looks gay as fuck
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: bayleef butt sfw.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bayleef butt sfw.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>25070814

Neither did Ash, and look how he ended up.
>>
>>25070808
>Worst ingame
>Samurott

Dude all that type coverage....
>>
>>25070808
Samurott is pretty good in-game, since it learns Surf, Blizzard, Megahorn and Revenge
>>
>>25071306
Nice
>>
I like Meganium in terms of design but it was always D tier. Not strong, horrible movepool, bad monotyping and not even that bulky. Subsequent gens and power creep left it in the dust.
>>
It just seems like GF tried to hard to pander to girls with it. Tododile was the 'cool' choice, Chikorita was the 'cute' choice and Cyndaquil was the in between. They did it a lot better with Gen 3, I know a lot of girls who like Torchic and Mudkip, but I know a lot of guys who like them too.
>>
>>25070093
I think people only feel this way because it's overshadowed by Feraligator and Typhlosion, who both gave off more energy and were just cooler.

I don't hate Meganium though
>>
>>25070093
No. It's not.
>>
>>25070093
What is Samurott.
>>
>>25072437
This. Game Freak has gotten much better at making the choice for your starter more even since GS, but Chikorita just can't compete with Cyndaquil and Totodile. It's still a nice interesting design and I have used it before. It just lacks aesthetically. I still don't think it's the worst start of all time though. That's a three way tie of the Unova starters.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>25070106
>>25070131
>>25070140
All of these. Meganium looks silly, is incredibly useless when compared to a lot of other Mono and Dual typed Grass Pokemon and has a difficult time defending itself.
>>
shit design

shit in battle

I think it's the only starter to have both of those

braxen and typhlosion are close but they have okish designs
>>
>>25070093

I don't think Meganium's design is widely hated, there's just no reason to use it over any decent grass type. It has nothing that stands out for it, anything it can do can be done better by another pokemon.

Admittedly most of those statements could be applied to Typhlosion nowadays.
>>
>>25074000

I think the Oshawatt line is the closest to objectively terrible that exists among starters.

I personally think the Fennekin line is pretty close but I realize that's not a popular opinion.
>>
>it doesn't look cool
>it doesn't look cute
>it's a grass starter in the only region in the whole series where no gyms are weak to grass
>its competitively useless
>and to add insult to injury, you can catch better grass pokemon within 30 mins of playtime anyway
>>
So I'm playing Black 2 for the first time and Dewott quickly came into my favor. I collected BP and red shards to teach it Ice Punch but it can't learn it. WTF? HOW THE FUCK DOES IT NOT LEARN LEARN ICE PUNCH BUT I COULD TEACH IT TO LUCARIO FUCK U GF
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.