[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gale of darkness thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

desu it was my favorite Pokemon game
>>
>>25063910
Gale of Darkness had the coolest attack animations to date. Also, purifying Shadow Lugia was neat.
>>
>>25064003
how do i purify that fucker
>>
>>25064347
Google it, dumbass.
>>
I just can't get into either of the Gamecube Pokemon games. Everything is too slow, attacks take forever and the added animations for getting back up from an attack just add to that.

Maybe I'm just too used to fast text speed and no battle animations.
>>
These threads are so subtle dont worry OP i wont tell ;^)
>>
Lovrina is my waifu!
>>
>>25063910
I never played Colosseum or Gale, are either of them worth playing? What's different between them and the main games?
>>
>>25064360
>slow animations

Sadly true, but it's an otherwise great pokemon game with some challenge.
>>
>>25064379
i played gale and it was god teir
>>
>>25064379
Since I played Colosseum, I'll focus on that.

The story is neat for a pokemon game. You're a former team villain member out to redeem himself. So you blow up the base and take a device that allows you to capture trainer's pokemon with pokeballs. Along the way you rescue some girl who can see the corrupted aura of shadow pokemon. You become partners in crime by capturing them from their trainers and later purifying the things.

These details are relevant to the gameplay.
These games are a bit harder than the mainline games, all the battles are doubles format, and you exclusively capture (shadow) pokemon by stealing them in the middle of trainer battles.
>>
>>25064379
Stories are great. Gameplay too (purifying Pokemon), but I was such disappointed to not be able to catch Pokémon like main games.
>>
>>25064347
It's been a good while, but I'm pretty sure you just have to purify enough pokemon to fill every chamber at max or close to max (again not 100% sure) flow and you can purify it.
>>
>>25064360
Yeah it can be annoying when you just want to progress or tackle Mt.Battle but if you're trying to enjoy the gameplay I feel it adds to it
>>
File: 1453479146756.gif (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453479146756.gif
96KB, 480x480px
>>25063910
Good taste
>>
>>25064426
>>25064448
>>25064449
It sounds like it has a good story for a pokemon game, at least. Does it play well with emulators?
double battles are objectively better than single battles, so that sounds great
>>
>>25064449
Pretty much this, the only downside is not being able to catch wild pokemon other than 3 'poke-spots' which only give you meh pokemon. There's a chance you'll run into slightly less crappy pokemon at the spots, but there are only one 'rare' pokemon species per spot, and they aren't that great.
>>
>>25064529
That's only in Gales of Darkness iirc.

>>25064507
Check the wiki

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Pok%C3%A9mon_Colosseum
>>
What does XD even mean in title?
>>
>>25064560
Xtra Dimension
>>
>>25064568
Thank you.
>>
>>25064560
seX Dragonite
>>
>>25063910
>XD
>>
>>25064568
I can die in peace now.
>>
The best part of Gale of Darkness was the chose of eeveelution.
Who /jolteon/ here?
>>
>>25065532
>not following in your father's footsteps and choosing espeon or umbreon.
>>
Fun fact: the protagonist of Colosseum, Wes, was originally set to be the main villain of XD.
>>
File: WBKQPuW.png (18KB, 518x603px) Image search: [Google]
WBKQPuW.png
18KB, 518x603px
>>25064379
Wes, the protag in Colosseum, is a former member of Team Snagem, one of the Orre region's villainous teams. It's never directly stated why he quit, but it's implied that he wasn't OK with Snagem partnering with Cipher, the other villainous team, to steal people's Pokemon. So, he blows a hole in the side of the Snagem base and steals their handheld Snag Machine, escapes through said hole to his bad-ass motorcycle-thing, and as he's riding away with his Umbreon and Espeon, he blows up the base itself, destroying Snagem's last two Snag Machines in the process. You eventually rescue Rui, a girl who was kidnapped and literally thrown into a sack because of her ability to see the weird aura around Shadow Pokemon, and she becomes your companion.

I don't wanna spoil anymore in case you decide to play, but as for differences between the Orre games and the main series games:

>more difficult than main games
>all battles are doubles
>Shadow Pokemon
>Shiny Pokemon are colored way differently

That's about it. There's a ton of stuff that goes along with Shadow Pokemon, though. Shadow moves, purifying, experience retention, Hyper Mode in Colosseum, Reverse Mode in XD.

They're really solid games. If you can deal with double battles and the slowish animations, some of which add a fuckton of personality to the Pokemon, it's totally worth it.

>mfw facing Ein with the for the first time
>>
File: 1436432658367.jpg (13KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436432658367.jpg
13KB, 420x300px
>Lugia is touted as the strongest, best Pokemon around

At least they got one thing right.
>>
>>25065858
>implying Wes is your dad

He's 17, XD takes place about 5 years after Colosseum, and Michael is around 13 at that time. Also, it's confirmed your dad is dead. I went with Espeon, though.
>>
File: 1311159426820.jpg (112KB, 550x441px) Image search: [Google]
1311159426820.jpg
112KB, 550x441px
>>25063910
>XD

Back to reddit, faggot.
>>
>>25065937
do you actually have a source on that. I think that would have been cool but it could be a dumb internet rumor
>>
Fun games. I actually kinda regret having sold them. Too bad the number of Pokemon was limited as fuck.
At least, XD had a better developed world with more interesting features. Doing the 100 battles for Ho-oh was long but worth it.
>>
>>25067348
I think Chuggaaconroy mentioned this during his Gale of Darkness playthrough.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.