[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing Articuno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

Pressure: Into the trash it goes.

New Abilities:

Refrigerate
Gale Wings
Snow Warning

New Moves:

Boomburst
Tail Glow
Aura Sphere
Aeroblast
Ice Shard

Is it fixed? What tier?
>>
>>25047609
>tail glow
Why would it even learn that, it doesn't even make sense
>>
>>25047609
>Boomburst
>>
>>25047757
>has a tail
>whynaut?
>>
>>25047609
>aura sphere
>>
>>25047609
Give it a Mega with Magic Guard and buff in defenses and it becomes a great Deffoger
>>
le give everything boomburst meme
>>
Can you stop making your shitty threads already? Articuno was shit, is shit and will be shit always
>ice
just trash this type already
>>
I want it to be great as much as you do Oh Pee. It's my favorite legendary and it represents my favorite type (being a frostfag is suffering in Pokemon)

At least when RBY hit the VC we can play with Articuno of back before it, and the Ice type as a whole, got fucked by GF not knowing how to balance a game/design pokemon of a glass-cannon-y type
>>
>aeroblast
>>
>>25048867
Why would Entei learn Sacred Fire? It doesn't even make sense.
>>
>Refrigerate
>Boomburst
Welcome to Ubers Articuno.
>>
>>25047609
I could understand it getting Hyper Voice, but Boomburst would just not fit it at all. The only pokemon that learn that are themed entirely around being extremely loud.

I agree that it should have been given either Refrigerate or Snow Warning as its hidden ability, but once again, GF dropped the fucking ball. The whole trio should have been given something more unique and useful than just the generic abilities of their respective types.
>>
>>25048981
How would that happen? It's still easily countered and revenge killed, especially with sneaky pebbles in every other battle
>>
>ice shard
But it already has that anon. It cannot really fit it though.

The problem with these vanilla legendaries is that they will never get updated, stuck with generic abilities (Pressure) and have little to no coverage moves because "they must stick with their own type". Why Entei will not get Earthquake is beyond me. Of course, that will not stop Gamefreak from giving new legendaries signature moves, minmaxed stat distribution, and abilities that are not pressure.

I just think Articuno would need a signature boosting move (something akin to Quiver Dance) to compensate for the fact it has the highest base defences of the three birds. Or maybe a signature Freeze Dry that is slightly stronger than the original one and also hits Fire Super-effectively.That way, it is more of the late-game sweeper rather than try to take on a toxicstalling role that even ordinary bulky waters can do better. Because right now, it does not even live up to the name "legendary Pokemon". I blame the power creep.
>>
Snow Warning Articuno would at least be a good niche if Hail wasn't so shit.
>>
>>25049031
More like:

Gale Wings + Tail Glow + Aeroblast = Uber
>>
File: drunk puff.jpg (28KB, 549x442px) Image search: [Google]
drunk puff.jpg
28KB, 549x442px
>>25047790
>>25047609

>Moves always take priority to Japanese meaning and definition
>Tail glow
>Move is literally called Firefly Light
>Manaphy only has it because in Japanese name for sea angel is literally "Sea firefly."
>People still try and make the case that Ampharos and others are even remotely fireflies

Please learn moonspeak before spouting off shit.
>>
>>25050394
Volbeat is a Firefly? Why doesn't Illumise get it?

Either way, not to worry. Just replace Tail Glow with Quiver Dance and Articuno is fixed again.
>>
>>25047609
>Shuckle used Rock Throw!
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 264x191px
no lol
the only thing is needs is to switch its special attack with its special defense
that's literally it
125 special attack with two amazing stabs (flying + freeze dry) and access to agility for more speed, recovery, even other stuff like heal bell and defog makes it decent enough already
this is literally all it needs tbhhh
>>
>>25049749
>and also hits Fire Super-effectively
why would you be this stupid
can't you use hurricane?
god you fucking people suggest the dumbest things
>>
>>25050607
I always found Articuno's Fire weakness rather disturbing. We don't need an offensive type to have 6 resists either.
>>
>>25050333
nice trips. Without aura sphere it's still easily checked by ttar and many steels, and things like scarftran can revenge it. It would still have plenty of checks in OU in my imo
>>
>>25050616
adding a move to it doesn't remove its weakness, you know this right?
>>
>>25050566
But Quiver Dance is Butterfly Dance in Japanese.

Articuno still isn't a bug.
>>
>>25050566
Only male fireflies have the light to attract mates

And quiver dance is butterfly dance, which only butterflies and moths can do. Only reason liligant learns it is because she learns all "Dance" moves except for Dragon Dance (which you have to be reptilianish to do apparently)
>>
>>25050622
No duh. But it does help coverage wise. I know water types generally learn Ice moves and Ice types learned water moves, but the water moves that were available were dumb things like Bubblebeam or Water Pulse. Even Aqua Tail for Glaceon. If you're so angered by the very aspect of Ice having some leverage against Fire types what about more water attacks for Articuno?
>>
>>25047609

>refrigerate boomburst with tail glow

just fuck my meta up
>>
>>25050641
alternatively, just boost water pulse to 70 BP
already ko's the relevant stuff, but the main issue is still the special attack and special defense stuff
articuno has the perfect typing for a fast special glass cannon, amazing coverage just in STAB plus a bunch of other cool moves including recovery
they completely fucked it up by switching its special attack and special defense stats in gen II
>>
>>25050566

>Why doesn't Illumise get it

If you weren't fucking stupid, you'd know it's because Illumise doesn't have a light. Only Volbeat does.
>>
>>25050619
Wrong, it actually checks most steels at +3. I'll give you TTar and Excadrilll, but Articuno would obliterate everything else.

Claiming scarfed mons can check it is just desperation dude.
>>
>Giving everything an -ate ability and boomburst

Oh fuck off already.

You're as bad as the Gardefags constantly crying why their waifu doesn't get boomburst.
>>
>>25052004
Articuno really needs it though.
>>
>>25052267
not really
all it needs is special attack and special defense swaping
that's it
>>
>>25052280
>changing the stats
Kill yourself, not happening.

To fix a pokemon, you give it new moves and/or abilities. Changing its stats means it's not the same pokemon anymore.
>>
>>25052296
>Kill yourself, not happening.
already did in gen II tho
and this gen we got +10 in stats, which was a first too
who's to say they won't change it again?
>>
>>25050640
Yea I love my Fiery Dance Liligant
>>
>>25052323
you have to set yourself on fire to fiery dance. Thats sort of out of the repertoire of a dancing grass thing. Thats why Volcarona can and nobody else can.
>>
>>25050656
70 BP is a bit too weak to be honest, along with Articuno's moderate Special Attack. I always imagined Articuno with Surf or Hydro Pump-like move. It is from Seafoam Island so it is not really much of a stretch.

The typing is great offensively, but it was meant to be played defensively apparently. I only see a signature boosting move or perhaps that Fire hitting Freeze Dry suggested would be helpful in salvaging it (need something other than rock types to deal with the dumb Megazards), and if not that, Water moves for some extra coverage. It would idealistically be stopped by Steels or Electrics, but everything would need a weakness.

What really kills it is its lack of resists. Would it be bad for the metagame to get another Flying resist?
>>
>>25052296

If any pokemon should get it, ones from Gen 1 should. They weren't designed around the special split.
>>
Ice should resist Fairy. Fairies are useless in the cold.
>>
>>25047757
>has tail
>somewhat associated with aurora
>>
>>25054626
that's not a tail lol
>>
>>25055705
Retard
>>
>>25050394
>hyper fang is called Certain-Kill Fang in japanese
>it's a normal attack

See how japanese names don't make sense to begin with?
>>
>>25056173
actually, you're the retard here, but it's ok if you're a little shy
>>
>>25047609
I'm gonna marry Articuno!
>>
>>25050599
May as well just switch stats with Zapdos, they would both appreciate it since offense Zapdos is dead and Articuno has a more offensive typing and movepool
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.