[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken tournament thread This weeks topics: >Predict the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 58

File: 1452825550213.jpg (304KB, 1278x946px) Image search: [Google]
1452825550213.jpg
304KB, 1278x946px
Pokken tournament thread

This weeks topics:

>Predict the final four pokemon in the roster and how they will play.
>Will LAN adapters save tournament play?
>If you played the game in the arcades, share every detail of the game's characters and mechanics the best you can.
>How will chandelure play when its trailer comes out on the 31st?
>What role will the new support pokemon play?
>Who do you plan on maining?
>Show us your favorite gameplay video
>How hyped are you for it's release?
>>
>>25046521
I posted a Pokken thread on /v/ but I got banned because it said Pokémon discussion is only allowed on /vp/?
>>
>>25046521
Mega Swampert
Greninja
Hitmonchan
Clefable

Those are the last 4.
>>
>>25046562
>Swampert
Enough with this meme. Swampert doesn't deserve to get in when people only want him to complete MUH TRIO!1!
>>
>>25046570

You'd have a point if they hadn't put Sceptile in. Blaziken being in makes sense, because he's the most popular Gen 3 starter, and a Fighting-type.

Sceptile is a nobody, yet he's in.
>>
>>25046521
Greninja, though should he not be in the initial roster, one of the first DLC characters
I would like them to be of the 3 remaining types to yet be represented (Bug, Rock, Normal), so I'd choose Scizor, Rhyperior, and Meloetta
There really isn't much choice, is there?
>How will chandelure play when its trailer comes out on the 31st?
A combination of Shuma/MODOK from MvC3
>What role will the new support pokemon play?
I suspect Magikarp will flop around a be a slow moving projectile
>Who do you plan on maining?
I will spend some time with each character, though I might spend more time with Weavile and Machamp
>How hyped are you for it's release?
Moderately hyped
>>
>>25046521
But OP, the arcade version won't have Garchomp, Braixen or Mewtwo. Or even Shadow Mewtwo, apparently.

There's more than 4 left.
>>
>>25046608
they can always update the arcades to include those characters, like other games like KOF 13, USF4, and P4AU have
>>
>>25046582
>Sceptile is a nobody
>when he's currently relevant in the anime and was one of Ash's main Pokémon
Sceptile won a popularity poll in Japan to be in the game, while nobody outside of 4chan and Reddit cares about Swampert. Plus, Sceptile and Blaziken were requested to be in Smash while nobody wanted Swampert in. What would Swampert even do that wouldn't be covered by another Pokémon in the roster? Suicune is a quadruped water type while Garchomp is a Ground type. Plus there's no way they would prioritize Swampert over the infinitely more popular Blastoise and Greninja. Hell, even Feraligatr is more popular. Swampert has literally no reason to be in this game.
>>
>>25046654

No one started asking for Sceptile in Smash until Charizard and Greninja got in because "muh Grass/Fire/Water trio"
>>
What Pokemon do you want in the game? I can't predict worth a damn, so I'll name a few I want. Off the top of my head, I'd like Krookodile, Eelektross and Aegislash.
>>
>>25046639
Or maybe they won't. ________________________ :^)
>>
>>25046666
And now no one wanted Swampert in Pokken until Sceptile was confirmed until Pokken. It's funny how history repeats itself... Face it. Swampert is a literal fucking nobody. Oh. He has a shitty-looking Mega. Big whoop. I guess he's on the same level as obscure shitmons like Audino and Banette, now. Congratulations!
>>
>>25046680
*until Sceptile was confirmed for Pokken
>>
>>25046667
I'm surprised neither Bisharp or Zoroark are in. I'd also like to see how one of the snake Pokemon would work in Pokken, like Milotic or Serperior.
>>
>>25046570
But Swamperts my bro.
>>
>>25046667
greninja

i know its cliche but he's so fun in smash i'd want him in pokken as well
>>
>>25046722
Literally any shitmon like Sunflora and Luvdisc are peoples' bros. What makes Swampert so special?
>>
>>25046562
I can't help but feel like most people only want Swampert to have all the Hoenn starters in the game. Does anyone even give a shit about him, memes aside?
>>
>>25046521
Don't know I just hope it will have some sort of story mode to explain the shadow mewtwo thing.
>>
File: 1438159959559.jpg (57KB, 828x511px) Image search: [Google]
1438159959559.jpg
57KB, 828x511px
>Heracross
Tyranitar
Another gen 6
A bird poke, hopefully

I want gliscor or donphan, but it's not happening.
>>
>>25046680

No one wanted Sceptile in either though

If they had just Blaziken in, no one would have batted an eye, but when you put Sceptile in too, people wanting Swampert as well is unavoidable.
>>
>>25046850
>when you put Sceptile in too, people wanting Swampert as well is unavoidable.
And that's the problem. Nobody actually wants Swampert to get in on its own merits. They're just autistic patternfags with a severe case of OCD.
>>
>>25046854

>le epic autism and OCD buzzwords

And now I know not to reply to you anymore, because you're just a troll
>>
>>25046872
It's true though. What reason should Swampert get in that isn't "Equality for all Hoenn starters!" Remember that Garchomp is a Ground-type Pokémon in the Power category. How could Swampert possibly be any different?
>>
Any speculations about what "My Town" is?
>>
>>25046960
Tons. Do you think you'll get definite answers here or do you know you're grasping at straws?
>>
>>25046971
Not looking for answers, honestly. Just wanna see what other people's thoughts are.
>>
>>25047013
What I think it'll be kind of sucks. I'm expecting something lame like Rumble Blast where you "interact" with offline NPC versions of your friends.

What I'm hoping for is a sort of customisable hub where you buy gear for your trainer and where you can do some special things with your pokémon, like training their level, special game modes or even mini-games.
>>
Currently, the roster doesn't represent three types- Bug, Normal, and Rock. I see two more entrants utilizing these types in some way.

I think the normal pool is very diverse and would be neat. I know he's not seen with much favor, but I think Zangoose would be awesome. However, Meowth or even Lopunny would be more popular and fit pretty well- Meowth could even function as a "joke" character.

As for bug and rock, We could get Heracross, or if we're looking for a pure entrant, I could see Pinsir having a interesting moveset. Scizor would be another popular choice, though. My personal choice would be Vespiquen, because I'm insane.

As for rock, only one choice is viable- Rampardos.
>>
Scizor/Genesect
Mienshao
Cofagrigus
Bisharp
>>
>>25047124
It's not that I don't like Zangoose, it's just that Weavile already covers the quick slasher halfling role.
>>
>>25047138
This is true. Fuck Weavile.

I stand by Lopunny, for a number of reasons.
>>
>>25047171
Weavile >>>>> Zangoose f4m
>>
There are four assumed spots left and three types yet to be represented....
>inb4 they leave out Rock

Normal will see a rep between Kangaskhan, Meloetta, Lopunny and Snorlax.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we didn't get Scizor.
>>
>>25047171
Naw mang Weavile is chill as fuck, would still pick it over Zangoose any day.
>>
>>25047187
>>25047265
Weavile is one Pokemon from a gen filled with many of my favs, while Zangoose is one of my favs from a gen that I'm not fond of. Call me biased.

Though having played the arcade game myself, I found Weavile to be very enjoyable so I'm not too upset about it.
>>
>>25046854
>Nobody actually wants Swampert to get in on its own merits
And no one wanted Sceptile in on its own merits.
Hell there was less of a reason than Swampert because it was just
>muh grass rep
leftovers from Smash.

Up until Sceptile was actually confirmed it was just any old grass starter that could have taken that place while now Swampert is wanted because it's Swampert.
>>
File: roster.png (893KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
893KB, 1440x810px
>>25046521
i can't wait to see who the final two characters are going to be
>>
>>25047013
Hopefully something to change your preset avatar. So far it looks as if they're stuck on default models.
>>
>>25046654
>Sceptile won a popularity poll in Japan to be in the game
No? Why do you lie on the Internet?

Sceptile might or might not be more popular in Japan (we will never know) but in the west infinitely more people give a shit about the Mudkip line than the Treecko line, so it's only natural people want him in.

>Swampert over the infinitely more popular Blastoise and Greninja. Hell, even Feraligatr is more popular.

Citation needed.
>>
What water types could they put in other than starters? This isn't rhetorical.
>>
>>25047504
Mega Slowbro
>>
>>25047504
Poliwrath.
>>
There is no word on extra costume's or we are getting recolor variants?
>>
File: final four.png (4MB, 1278x946px) Image search: [Google]
final four.png
4MB, 1278x946px
>>25046521
>>
>>25047537
ebin
>>
>>25046521
I predict metagross becuase he's the best pseudo legendary steel type :^)
>>
>>25046521
>If you played the game in the arcades, share every detail of the game's characters and mechanics the best you can.
Might as well repost what I read on /v/

The game uses a RPS system of combat ( Attacks -> Grabs -> 'Shield Attacks -> Attacks ) and when you preform the right RPS, you get a 'Critical' bonus ( this games version of a 'Counter hit' ). Otherwise The game has a two battle system, with 'Field' ( the 3D mode ) and 'Duel' ( the 2D mode ). Changing modes gives back small amounts of HP towards who changed the mode. Duel goes into Field when 'a set amount of damage is done', and Field goes into Duel ether by a grab, a physical attack, or so much damage like before.

---

Weavile's got the lowest HP
Also it's BURST is the same as everyone else, but there's some stuff you're not taking into account.
What Weavile does have:
-Knock Off, that LOWERS the opponents BURST and gives it more in turn

Gengar's even WORSE though:
-Hypnosis grab removes BURST
-Dream Eater Grab removes BURST AND HEALTH DRAINS
-Has the strongest BURST in the game able to deal over 300 damage with it, AND IT'S A GRAB.

Gengar is really, really fucking OP
>>
>>25047824
So the whole thing is rock-paper-scissors esque?
>>
>>25047824
What about the other characters?
Any impressions of them?
>>
>>25047504
Buizel and keldeo.
>>
>>25047428
sonic and tails
>>
>>25046521
>Meowth
>Greninja
>Zygarde
are pretty all likely candidates because of both general popularity and/or anime/movie tie-ins.

Dark Horse prediction:
>Poliwrath
>>
File: 1453178725022.gif (625KB, 200x186px) Image search: [Google]
1453178725022.gif
625KB, 200x186px
>>25047428
>>
To compensate for the under-represented gens and types:

Heracross
Sawsbuck
Tyrantrum
Malamar

Still deluding myself that Golurk will be in
>>
File: 250px-061Poliwhirl.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-061Poliwhirl.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>25047522
You mean Poliwhirl right?
>>
>>25046521
>Scizor
>Lopunny
>Zoroark or Bisharp
>Greninja

>Bonsly and Lilligant Support Duo
>>
>>25046521
Zoroark
Hoopa-U
Perfect Zygarde?
Gallade
>>
>>25046521
Shedninja
Lopunny
Stunfisk
Diancie
>>
LUDICOLO OR BUST
>>
Tbh I have high hopes for Arcanine being in.
They don't give the fluffed up dog enough love in the spinoffs.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 161x161px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 161x161px
>>25046521
>Raichu
>Never Ever
Why even live?
>>
>>25046521
I played some Pokken at Worlds. It was pretty fun, my buddy spent all of his time replaying Pokken.

The game feels less like a nurutu game than you'd think, as I've actually played the Ninja Storm games. The assists feel much less broken than in nurutu, for one. The game feels like it succeeds where a game like Sm4sh doesn't. I feel like a skilled player and a newfag scrub like myself could both get some enjoyment out of it.

Burst doesn't feel as broken as one might think, you could easily burst and then still lose because your opponent played defensively without trying too hard at it.

My only problem with it is the lack of really complex combos. I remember playing Soul Calibur 2 a while back and seeing all the crazy inputs and it feels bad to not have much examples of this in Pokken

I'm probably maining Blaziken but I'm gonna give Sceptile and Garchomp a go on the Wii U release.
>>
Power
>Machamp
>Charizard
>Garchomp
Standard
>Lucario
>Pikachu
>Blaziken
>Suicune
Speed
>Weavile
>Sceptile
>Libre
>Likely Braixen
Technical
>Gengar
>Gardevoir
>Likely Chandelure
Mewtwo is fuck knows because fucking mewtwo
I'm guessing there's gonna be more power-type characters, with the remaining types left I'm expecting maybe something like Kanga, Scizor or Tyranitar
>>
Last 4 I'm hoping for:
Greninja
Scizor
Darmanitan
Golurk

And Zoroark can be an assist.
>>
>>25050442
>wanting another -chu
Ok familiar I have honestly nothing against Raichu but seriously?
>>
I want Magnezone, Cofagrigus, Milotic and Ludicolo.

We're probably going to get another starter, possibly another starter, overrated popular mon they're pushing and another popular mon that isn't a starter.
>>
File: Girly Tops.png (237KB, 583x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Girly Tops.png
237KB, 583x1010px
>>25046521
>nobody wanting best fossil in
Why so rude senpaitachi.
>>
>>25051094
How about Shiny Charizard, Shadow Sceptile, Metal Lucario and Greninja?
>>
>>25051119
Perfect! What a great way to end the roster.
>>
File: 1282854008965.jpg (73KB, 251x270px) Image search: [Google]
1282854008965.jpg
73KB, 251x270px
>>25051083
The roster is already kinda fucked as it is, shit ton of fire types, two mewtwo, two pikachu. Honestly, Raichu wouldn't be the worse thing they could add.
>>
>>25051170
What would be worse aside from literal duplicates?
>>
>>25051189
Everything listed here>>25051119
>>
>>25051203
Not counting Amphinobi, those are all literal duplicates though senpai, .
>>
>>25051189
Anything else that was fire
>>
>>25046546
Yeah, but it kinda varies, when it's news sometimes mods let them. Discussing is here.
>>
>>25046521
magikarp does nothing. That's the joke
>>
How the hell can anyone be upset at the roster? It has the perfect mix of fan favorites and oddball characters.
>>
>>25047428
kek
>>
>>25051394
>will likely cap at 20 characters when most fighting game enthusiast consider anything less than 35 to be not worth bothering with
>severe type inbalances
>the two Mewtwos evolve into the same Mega form, which makes one of them a pointless clone in an already tiny roster
>Pilachu Libre added over Hawlucha because GameFreak is apperentely still shilling ORAS a year after everyone stopped giving a shit about it
Then there are some that come down to personal preferences. Myself I'm not too fond of Sceptile or Garchomp, others might be bothered by blatant furshit pandering, some hate the fact that there are no Water starters yet etc.
>>
>>25046570
>You are not allowed to want Swampert in Pokken because it would complete some trio.

>>25046780
Yes, Swampert is my favorite Pokemon. Wanted Swampert in before Sceptile was revealed. Heck, I wanted Swampert in Pokken when Pokken was revealed.

I have to ask. Why would someone want a character just because it would complete a trio? If I didn't care about that particular character then I wouldn't care if that character was in or not, even if that character would complete some duo/trio whatever..

No, I really want Swampert in Pokken because it's Swampert. My favorite Pokemon. And I guess the majority that wants Swampert actually wants it in because they like Swampert. It just so happens that Swampert is the last Pokemon of a certain trio that isn't in (yet). That only makes Swampert fans (and people who just think Swampert being in Pokken is cool) more vocal about the matter.
>>
>>25046521
>still no ditto for random selection
that's all I want plz
>>
>>25046546
Thats not true, not everything pokemon has to be exclusive to /vp/, just like not every general has to be on /vg/.

Besides. /v/ has pokemon threads like everyday.
>>
>>25046521
>ditto for random selection
>a water starter
>another johto representative (there's only one in the whole game, including supporters), tyranytar being a possible choice
>a normal type, maybe lopunny since they seem to like the furbaits
>a flying/bird-like
>a bug type, heracross would be nice
>another really odd character like chandelure
>another actual figthing mon
please no more fire types
>>
Does anyone know what style buttons this is?
Like is it a standard 4/6 button fighter or a 2 button anime style layout?
>>
File: pokken_controller-1.jpg (156KB, 1559x806px) Image search: [Google]
pokken_controller-1.jpg
156KB, 1559x806px
>>25051547
>>
>>25051522
/v/ mods started specifically deleting the Pokken threads because they were flooding the catalog after the last CoroCoro leaks and Chandelure reveal

Some of them still manage to go under the radar but most of the interesting discussion has died down now because jannies had to make space for another 20 undertale threads
>>
>>25051094
I hope more non-bipedal Pokemon. For example I would like to see Porygon-Z, Probopass and Escavalier. Magnezone and Cofagrigus would be great too.
>>
>>25051583
Well we do have Chandelure. That's the kind of Pokemon I honestly didn't expect at all and I'm excited to see how it plays. Porygon-Z would also be pretty interesting.
>>
File: kken.png (153KB, 314x383px) Image search: [Google]
kken.png
153KB, 314x383px
>>25046521
patterns aside, this is my guess at the final 4 (if it's even 4)
>>
>>25051463
>will likely cap at 20 characters when most fighting game enthusiast consider anything less than 35 to be not worth bothering with

It's the first installment in the series. If they were to make a sequel, they would include more characters.

>severe type inbalances
Muh representation!

>the two Mewtwos evolve into the same Mega form, which makes one of them a pointless clone in an already tiny roster

This is your only valid point. They should have made each Mewtwo Mega Evolve into a different form.

>>Pilachu Libre added over Hawlucha because GameFreak is apperentely still shilling ORAS a year after everyone stopped giving a shit about it

If they wanted to shill OR/AS, then they would put Swampert into the game. If anything, they are shilling Genwun. And considering there are limited slots, it would be better to get unique Pokémon from the sixth gen than yet another Fighting-type.
>>
>>25051494
Why do you like Swampert so much? What makes him special to you? I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>25052376
I generally love Swampert's design and It's battle capabilities, but something just clicks when I use Swampert like no other Pokemon has done since.

Mudkip is my second starter ever (Treecko being my first, but Swampert is the first starter Pokemon I beat an Elite Four with), and I find Swampert to be one of the most reliable Pokemon. It somehow made it into most of my in game teams ever since (after the main game). That's when I realized it's my favorite Pokemon.

It's really hard to describe as to why I think Swampert is my favorite Pokemon. I just love everything about it.
>>
>>25046521
I think they should add:
>Snorlax
>Breloom
>Greninja
>Heracross
>>
File: Hariyama.png (58KB, 224x218px) Image search: [Google]
Hariyama.png
58KB, 224x218px
>>
>>25052577
>yet another generic fighting type
I'm glad none of you are in charge of the roster.
>>
>>25046521
It's a shame there aren't other Wii U games that can support 2-player LAN.
>>
>>25052376
Swampert was first, and favorite. Ever since he was a little Mudkip. After I beat the main story, I always transfer him to my game whenever I get the chance. I was fan since gen 1, but sapphire was my first game I owned.
>tfw parents wouldn't get me a gameboy.
>>
>>25046521

Poliwrath/Swampert
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Garbador
>>
File: pokemon_birdwings.jpg (167KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_birdwings.jpg
167KB, 533x800px
>>25046798
>A bird poke
Please. Bird and Bug are the two primary Pokemon body plans still not represented. Serpentine is also an option

We NEED an insectoid Pokemon (Scizor, Heracross, Beedrill, Pinsir, Scyther...) of some kind, and I'd really love to see a proper, winged birdmon (Staraptor, Pidgeot, Braviary, Skarmory, even something like Crobat or Aerodactyl) join the fray. Blaziken is a bird in "biology" only, not really in practice. Talonflame would've been neat but more Fire types would be silly.
>>
>>25050956
See, I'd expect Braixen to be Technical. For Speed I could see Scizor, Beedrill, or a bird Pokemon to mix things up for types and body plans. Power could work with the mons you mentioned, Heracross, Ursaring, and more.
>>
>>25046521
Do we dare dream of a roster larger than 20 on WiiU?
>>
pls be Reuniclus
>>
>>25052624
>hurr durr all Fighting-types would play the same
>>
File: 1452951031659.png (53KB, 209x216px) Image search: [Google]
1452951031659.png
53KB, 209x216px
I've been holding out for Mawile since day 1 but it feels like Braixen already took her slot as resident cutemon.
At this point, so long as there aren't anymore fire types, I don't really care. All the Pokemon I dislike (Lucario, Charizard) are in and all the ones I had a vague hope for (Hawlucha, Scrafty, Scoliopede, Roserade) have been deconfirmed one way or another.
Unless there are some real shocking announcements coming, the Pokken roster serves as another reminder that if you don't care for the Pokemon GF wants you to care for, you aren't getting shit.
>>
>>25047428
Good thing this is a different game.
>>
Hariyama

Metagross

Heracross

either Swampert or Greninja

screencap this
>>
>>25055892
>Hariyama
Lolnope. Nobody has ever cared about it.
>>
>>25055901
>>Braixen
>Lolnope. Nobody has ever cared about it.

is harada your dad?
>>
>>25055892
>Hariyama
Seriously, why? There are so many amazing fighting types to choose from, and yet you pick one of the least liked in the franchise?
>>
>>25052011
Deoxys feels too similar to Mewtwo (similar shape, both Psychic, specially based, similar attitude) and Aegislash to Chandelure (only two limbs, floats, both Ghost, quirky fighting style, out of place in a fighting game).
>>
>>25055916
>literally one of the most popular starter + big role in the anime
>comparing it to a literal shitmon with no popularity whatsoever
What's your problem again?
>>
>>25055916
>nobody has ever cared about Braixen
But CoroCoro specifically stated that it got in due to its popularity as the anime character. Hariyama has literally nothing going for it, zero, null, nada. Fucking Emboar would be a more justified pick and that would be the fourth Fire starter in a row.
>>
>>25055929
It's like a sandbag
>>
File: 1453140660844.jpg (306KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1453140660844.jpg
306KB, 500x700px
Come on...
>>
>>25055965
So pick Snorlax or something. At least that one has fans.
>>
>>25055892
>implying they would choose Swampert over Lucario 2.0 just to complete some arbitrary pattern
>>
>>25055930
they could make deoxys change forms depending of what he's doing: as soon as he enters the battlefield it's his normal form, while guarding defence form, when dashing speed etc
>>
File: Necrid_thumb.jpg (23KB, 196x222px) Image search: [Google]
Necrid_thumb.jpg
23KB, 196x222px
>>25056097
Yes
>>
Swampert
Scisor
Lopunny
Tyrantrum/Metagross
>>
>>25046521
It's funny how the Fairy-type was meant to appeal to the female demographic, and yet the only playable Fairy-type in this game is most popular among men...
>>
>>25047958
Pikachu - it's Burst gauge charges very quickly, but it's Burst attack is probably the weakest in the game and relatively difficult to land. Other than that it has plenty of neat moves such as Thunder or Electro Ball, but they're all fairly weak when it comes to raw damage. Predicting lower mid tier.

Pikachu Libre - not a clone despite being the same species as Pikachu. Her main distinguishing feature is the "crowd" mechanic. An invisible crowd cheers on Libre whenever you land a good combo, which electrifies her and sometimes increases her stats such as mobility or attack. Libre's Burst gauge charges as quickly as vanilla Pika's, so predictably her Burst attack is also quite weak, but it comes with an added bonus of increasing her attack and speed. Overall she's a very buff-oriented character. Will probably be mid tier like Pikachu.

Sceptile - an opposite to Libre in a way. It's moveset mostly consists of debuffing and healing moves. The first category includes attacks such as Toxic, which lowers the opponent's defense and some strange exploding toxic plant attack I wasn't able to identify yet. The latter includes what I assume is Grass Knot (runs through the ground and drains HP if it connects to the opponent) and Ingrain (Sceptile hides in a root shelter and restores HP, but is unable to move for a while). It's Burst gauge is very quick to charge but unlike the Pikas Mega Sceptile's Frenzy Plant is crazy strong and is quite easy to land. It's probably too early to tell now since the gameplay footage is limited, but I'm predicting mid-high.

Should I continue?
>>
>2 mewtwos
>chandelure
>no blastoise
>no venusaur
>no hitmonlee/chan
>no conkeldurr
>no Accelgor
>no Ninjask

Game is shit already
>>
>>25053775
Name ONE good reason Scyther wouldn't be a fitting addition.
>>
>>25051094
>Cofagrigus
>Ludicolo

Mein neger
>>
Prediction:
>Greninja
>Mawile
>Lopunny
>Golurk
>>
File: citation needed.jpg (21KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
citation needed.jpg
21KB, 300x190px
>>25056480
>the Fairy-type was meant to appeal to the female demographic
>>
>>25056582
I can't? I listed him as one of the best choices. The ellipsis was meant to trail off the continuing list of stellar Bug Pokemon, my express disdain towards Scyther. He'd be main material.
>>
> Greninja
> Kanga
> Landorus T
> Tyranitar
>>
>>25047124

I could see them have Tyrantrum for the Rock type, simply because of all the Rex fans that seem to exist everywhere in the world.
>>
>>25046521
If they choose to exclude Hawlucha I'm going to kill myself
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 470x313px
>>25056574
>all the fan favorites are in
>interesting choices like Chandelure and Suicune as well
>WAHH IT'S SHIT BECAUSE MUH BRO ISN'T IN IT!!
>>
>>25056677
Too bad it doesn't have a Mega.
>>
>>25056795
having a Mega is not a requirement though
>>
>>25056807
It certainly helps, though.
>>
>>25056765
They have Pikachu Libre for the wetback audience. Sorry breh
>>
>>25056790
2 mewtwos and 2 pikachus
Come on man
The ones listed aren't even my bros
Otherwise i would've wanted slowpoke, psyduck and snorlax in
>>
>>25056843
>2 Mewtwos and 2 Pikachus
Nobody has a problem with Dark Ryu or Devil Jin. Clones in fighting games should be no surprise anymore.
>>
>>25056855
I always had a problem with those as well.
>>
>>25056862
Then I guess fighting games aren't for you.
>>
>>25056872
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>25051463
>>25051537
>>25056574
Why do so many people bitch and moan about the roster when it has all of the fan-favorites as well as interesting choices like Chandelure and Suicune?

>MUH HAWLUCHA
>MUH GENERIC HITMONS
>MUH MEMEPERT
>MUH GOLURK

Face it. You only think the roster sucks because your bro isn't in it. The developers spent a lot of time and hard work making this game and designing a roster that would please as many people as possible. You have no right to complain and whine!
>>
>>25056900
Because it is boring.
Seeing all the fan favourites shoved down our throats in every fucking installment is outright boring. Sure they want to please the masses, but how many times donwe have to see *gasp* charizard turn mega. I wasn't impressed the first time and i certainly won't be the next 20 times.
>>
>>25056910
They should push them every now and then. Not put them in every spot they see fit. Remember when Ash got his 'zard back? That oh shit moment? That's what they should go for. That's like having Goku do the first-time-ssj transformation every episode. It overkills it
>>
>>25047504
Buizel, Azumaril, Slowking, Keldeo, Starmie, Golduck...

Those feel like some water pokemon they would add (not all at once obviously)
>>
To all the people bitching about the roster choices, I'll break it down.

Every playable character in this game is popular to a certain degree.

>Pikachu: Mascot of the series.
>Charizard: Most popular starter overall.
>Machamp: OG Fighting-type that got a Gen 5 counterpart (Conkeldurr).
>Gengar: OG, most popular Ghost-type.
>Mewtwo: Most popular legendary.
>Pikachu-Libre and Shadow Mewtwo: Clones are a tradition in fighting games now, and these two Pokémon were popular enough to warrant one each. To make things better, they aren't even traditional clones because that they play differently from their original versions, although I think one of the Mewtwos should have Mega Evolved into Y to differentiate them further. Oh well.
>Suicune: Box mascot of Pokémon Crystal and played a major role in one of the movies
>Sceptile: One of the most popular, if not the most popular Grass-type in the series. Owned by Ash and also relevant in the anime due to Sawyer getting one, soon.
>Blaziken: Most popular Gen 3 starter. Got its Mega before the others.
>Gardevoir: One of the icons of the Fairy type introduced in X and Y. Promoted as the Champion's Ace.
>Garchomp: One of the most popular Dragon-types and pseudo-legendaries. Also popular in the competitive scene as well as being owned by Sycamore in the anime and being Cynthia's Ace.
>Lucario: Mascot of Gen 4 and poster child of Mega Evolution.
>Weavile: Used alongside other Pokémon to advertise (at the time) the upcoming fourth generation.
>Chandelure: Voted the most popular Gen 5 Pokémon in a Japanese poll.
>Braixen: Currently popular and relevant in the anime. One of the few Pokémon who's more popular than its fully-evolved form.

I'd argue popularity and relevancy are the most important factors in choosing Pokémon for the roster.
>>
>>25057039
>Weavile: Used alongside other Pokémon to advertise (at the time) the upcoming fourth generation.
If that's the reasoning then Zoroark when?
>>
>>25057039
>Clones are a tradition in fighting games now
Libre isn't a clone. Only the model was reused.
>they aren't even traditional clones
Oh, so you know? They could have grabbed a myriad of other models in the game to reuse the assets for, and besides sprucing up the model's textures, it would have been roughly the same amount of work. I get that the fucker won a poll and there was nothing we could do about it, but I can still be miffed that the South Koreans picked her.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I feel like the Weavile reasoning is a stretch. I really like that it was included in the game, but it feels like more of a dark horse pick we don't need to justify with popularity.
>>
>>25057080
Zoroark failed to catch on like Lucario and is a polarizing Pokémon within the fandom. Weavile is relatively well-liked due to being one of the only Gen 4 evos that didn't ruin its line.
>>
>>25046521
>Dragonite only got into Pokken as a Support despite being the most iconic Dragon-type
>Garchomp got in as a playable character
Yep. They're totally pandering to Genwunners, guys!
>>
>>25057109
Is there a chart that shows how well like weavile is compared to zoroark? They both seem to be mid-range popular at best and both get a decent amount of fan art. Sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with >>25057093 and assume it was because why not
>>
File: 1429284321928.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1429284321928.png
22KB, 207x239px
>>25057109
>Weavile is relatively well-liked due to being one of the only Gen 4 evos that didn't ruin its line.
>>
>>25057134
>implying Lickilicky, Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, Tangrowth and Ambipom are good designs
>>
>>25057140
>Implying Electivire isn't?
>>
>>25057140
/vp/'s opinions=/=factual justifications for GF's decision making
>>
>>25047504
I'd like a character that plays like Pacman in Sm4sh to be in Pokken.

Would be cool
>>
>>25057140
Magmortar, Electivire and Ambipom are not that bad. Magmortar could have been a little less fat and Ambipom without that weird nose, but there are definitely worse designs out there.
>>
>>25057152
Also both Ash's rival and Gary Oak used him in Diamond and Pearl so he must've been somewhat popular
>>
>>25057109
I was under the impression that in spite of that, Zoroark was still pretty popular in its generation, including being more popular than Weavile

though I'm basing my assumptions on a Dorkly poll
>>
File: 250px-291Ninjask.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-291Ninjask.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>
Guys what if Jynx makes it in?
>>
File: facepalm.gif (3MB, 450x265px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
3MB, 450x265px
>>25057205
>Dorkly
>>
>>25057236
I'd want her more than Swampert.
>>
>>25055335
>if you don't care for the Pokemon GF wants you to care for

No, it's the Pokemon GF knows are popular in the majority.
>>
>>25057243
I brought up Dorkly's poll due to how normie their opinions were

http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/56043/the-greatest-generation-v-pokemon-of-all-time-vote-now
>>
>>25057309
This
>>
>>25057349
Their lists are outdated though. Many things have changed since OR/AS was released.
>>
holy fucking shit when did garchomp get in
>>
>>25057360
Any real, significant changes?
>>
>>25057426
Well, Sceptile and Swampert should be ranked higher (but not higher than Blaziken) on the "Best Pokémon ever" list since they got their Megas.
>>
I'm not going to buy this game if kleki is not in it
>>
>>25057496
http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/55753/the-greatest-generation-iii-pokemon-of-all-time-vote-now
>>
It's gonna be Swampert, Jigglypuff, Greninja and probably someone dumb like Chespin, or one of his evos. That way they have full amiibo support, complete the Gen 3 and 6 groups, and bring in one of the most hated fighting Pokemon into another series pissing off everyone.

I'm guessing they'll likely keep amiibo support for the other Mons with more cards, probably ones you can buy individually at the store. Save your configuration to the card, bring it to your friend's house or the arcade games and go to town.
>>
File: 1447357338919.png (145KB, 298x296px) Image search: [Google]
1447357338919.png
145KB, 298x296px
>>25050442
That pic makes me uncomfortable because I jacked off to that comic a while ago and I can never forget
>>
>>25057124
more like pandering to animefags and waifufags
>>
File: normiecore.png (565KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
normiecore.png
565KB, 1920x1080px
>>25057560
might as well post this
>>
>>25057651
>using that to gauge Pokemon popularity
>>
>>25046562
Hitmonchan better be in there.
>>
>>25058339
waste of a slot tbqh
>>
>>25058352
I'm not saying he has to be a fucking Steve Fox
clone or a walking Ippo reference. He's a pokemon.
There's plenty of shit you can do based solely
off that aspect that can make him a unique and
interesting fighter.
>>
>>25058405
any resources that could possibly make him an interesting fighter could be implemented to a more popular character
>>
>>25058414
Namco wouldn't do that. They just wouldn't.
>>
>>25058432
Namco wouldn't put in Hitmonchan in
>>
>>25058440
It'd be an obvious choice though. It's a damn fighting game. Almost every one has a boxer. His fighting style and moveset would be
perfect in a 3D fighter.
>>
>>25058475
>It's a damn fighting game.
so? characters in Pokken are (and should) not chosen by how well they represent a martial art
>His fighting style and moveset would be perfect in a 3D fighter.
like i said, they could implement a similar style to a more popular Pokemon
>>
>>25058503
I guess your right. I keep thinking of this like I
would any other fighting game when it's not that
at all. It's a Pokemon spinoff and fan favorites
are what drive those games' sales. Probably
not very respectful of the creative process to
assume they would stick to rigid archetypes
anyways. It's just disappointing is all.
>>
>Scizor gets in
>plays like Voldo from SC
>>
greninja
talonflame (?)
sylveon
metagross
>>
>>25057651
What's this?
>>
>>25060904
sylveon is surpport
>>
>>25060925
most used flairs on some subreddit or someshit
>>
File: tumblr_nfxr072T6E1r8w06xo1_500.png (107KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfxr072T6E1r8w06xo1_500.png
107KB, 500x245px
>you will never be towel boy for pika libre
>pika sweat is ionized anyway, so she would just take you into the locker room and spit in your mouth
>>
File: hurts just a little bit.jpg (165KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
hurts just a little bit.jpg
165KB, 439x550px
>No mix-ups
>>
File: Screenshot_20160122-053638.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160122-053638.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>25060968
>calling combos 'mix-ups'
>>
File: 1446443990639.jpg (14KB, 333x334px) Image search: [Google]
1446443990639.jpg
14KB, 333x334px
>SAWK
>HITMONCHAN
>THROH
>HITMONLEE
>>
File: 1446783049010.gif (911KB, 296x291px) Image search: [Google]
1446783049010.gif
911KB, 296x291px
>>25060874
My god.
>>
I'm thinking a bird or airborne mon, another quadroped, a limbless mon like Gyarados or something (only prolly not Gyarados because TOO BIG XDD), and Greninja.

I'd prolly pick
>Crobat
>
>Seviper
>obligatory Greninja

Not sure which quadroped though. An Eeveelution maybe (that's not Sylveon).
>>
File: 1396316653688.jpg (41KB, 650x320px) Image search: [Google]
1396316653688.jpg
41KB, 650x320px
>>25061059
>sawk
>throh
>>
File: 1427189700677.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1427189700677.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>25061120
k
>>
>>25057651
>not a single genfivurr in the first 2 columns
As it should be
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 512x288px
>>25061125
>So cool to hate on Gen. 5 amirite?! xD
>>
File: machamp conkeldurr hates birds.jpg (136KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
machamp conkeldurr hates birds.jpg
136KB, 1191x670px
>>25046521
Conkeldurr as assist that holds/(b)locks the opponent in place when?
>>
>>25046521

Other fighting games are starting to have 2 TVs now aswell, so this shouldnt be an issue.
>>
>>25057039
You can rationalize anything if you try hard enough, that doesn't suddenly make the roster objectively good
>>
>>25061455
Yeah apparently Genesis 3 smash 4 had it´s finals played with double TVs
>>
File: based gengar.webm (3MB, 630x334px) Image search: [Google]
based gengar.webm
3MB, 630x334px
>>25046521
>>Predict the final four pokemon in the roster and how they will play.
Jiggly, greninja, tyranitar and scizor/heracross
>>Will LAN adapters save tournament play?
Make it more viable maybe? It will be an abnoxious set up still
>>If you played the game in the arcades, share every detail of the game's characters and mechanics the best you can.
Can't help you m9
>>How will chandelure play when its trailer comes out on the 31st?
Mid to close ranged attacks
>>What role will the new support pokemon play?
Don't know but magikarp does nothing but taking damage for the first 2 summonings, in the third one she gets enranged, become Gyarados and deal a ton of damage to the opponent bypassing guards
>>Who do you plan on maining?
Gengar. Sceptile as secondary for the time being
>>Show us your favorite gameplay video
Nah, you are getting this webm
>>How hyped are you for it's release?
Mildly hyped
>>
File: 1451793591503.gif (927KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451793591503.gif
927KB, 301x300px
>>25046521
Greninja
Heracross
Landorus
Staraptor
Yes since multiple Wii Us are brought anyway for tournaments
>>If you played the game in the arcades, share every detail of the game's characters and mechanics the best you can.
I actually got to play it at Worlds twice because I stood in line instead of watching the Semifinals of the Masters Division. Pikachu is the best character because it has a mix of long and close range attacks that do a good bit of damage. Pikachu is also fast as hell and the only other Pokemon that counters its speed is Weavile and somewhat Suicune. The worst character is either Gardevoir or Lucario unless you collect the little spirit orbs to make Lucario go Mega where he runs faster which allows him to use Bone Rush more which is his strongest move imo. Aura Sphere is ass.
It'll use its arms, but that's all I can think of. It might spew fire from its head.
>>What role will the new support pokemon play?
Magikarp will stun and confuse the opponent, while Croagunk will just stun and/or do damage. Sylveon will most likely heal the player's HP and Spirit Guage. Pachirisu will use Discharge to paralyze and damage.
Sceptile
>>Show us your favorite gameplay video
Don't have one. I feel like most gameplay videos are shit because they are either spammy or use Pokemon I don't interest in
Pic related
>>
>>25047529
We're already confirmed getting color variants, we saw some months ago. Like Lucario's is red.
>>
>>25050828
You haven't been on the website have you? They have pages upon pages of crazy inputs you put in to do special combos.
>>
>>25061455
>>25061691
2 monitors, but only 1 console
>>
>>25047504
Octillery or Tentacruel would be super neat
Ludicolo, Kingler, Buizel, Simipour, Starmie, Golduck
Gyarados would be cool posed like its HGSS sprite sliding around on the ground
[Clamperl]
>>
>>25061170

The Ninetales assist already does that.
>>
>>25062243
Gardevoir is the worst by a mile.

Lucario is basically the Mario of Pokken. Not very good but not too bad either.
>>
>>25063315
Ninetales only puts up a damaging fire barrier in front of the player. It also turns some projectiles into fire when they pass through it.
>>
File: ninetales_assist_VP8.webm (1MB, 576x320px) Image search: [Google]
ninetales_assist_VP8.webm
1MB, 576x320px
>>25063323
>Ninetales only puts up a damaging fire barrier in front of the player.

If used skillfully, the fire barrier can keep the opponent from moving if they are inside of it.
>>
>>25062266
Really? Well, it looks like this is gonna be even better than I thought.
>>
>>25047504
Milotic would be fun as the first serpent character

Keldeo since it's part fighting and has the whole water hooves gimmick they could use

Ludicolo as a Pokemon XD/Colosseum throwback
>>
>>25063026
1 console is 30fps, 2 consoles is 60fps
>>
>>25055930
Do you know who else feels ttoo similar to Mewtwo? dark Mewtwo.

Idk I hear deoxys is a super popular mon in japan... but he is just another legendary cool guy physic type.
>>
>>25063168
You's got good taste
>>
>>25056574
>unpopularOpinion.webm
>>
>>25061015
>mixup=combo
wut
>>
WANT

COFAGRIGUS
KABUTOPS
FERALIGATR
PORYGON Z
>>
File: 1442880684109.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442880684109.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>25046521

Greninja
Swampert
And... I don't know.

Hoperfully.

Probably something projectile based with one or 2 gimmicks.

Gardevoir with maybe Gengar as a secondary. It seems like I'm the only one here who want to main best girl.

Quite hyped.
>>
File: roster.png (1MB, 1280x849px) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
1MB, 1280x849px
<== Want
>>
imho the most likely pokemon to make it are Swampert, Scizor/Heracross, Aggron, Greninja. But of course it won't go that way
>>
Final 4:
Greninja
Genesect
Tyranitar
Kangaskhan
>>
>>25069291
Where is that Meloetta image from? Smash?
>>
>>25069434
Fuck Kangaskhan. If only one Normal-rep can make it, it should be Lopunny!
>>
>>25069684
No. No more furry waifu pandering. Braixen and Gardevoir is enough.
>>
>>25069320
>implying they'll put in two Water starters
>implying Greninja won't be the sole Water starter
>>
I'm starting to get worried that Greninja won't be in the game. I know people say he's a "shoo-in," but if that's the case then why hasn't he been revealed, yet? They even have Braixen in the game and I doubt they would have more than one Gen VI starter. Gen III is the only exception because it just got a remake.
>>
>>25069686
>no more furry waifu pandering
>in a fucking fighting game
Are you serious familiar.
>>
L O P U N N Y
O
P
U
N
N
Y N N U P O L
>>
>>25069993
The only right choice.
>>
Pokken is going to outsell SFV in Japan.

COMG chart January 23, 2016:

>01. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 294pt
>02. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders - 90pt
>03. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders - 58pt
>04. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL - 51pt
>05. [PS4] DARK SOULS III Dark Seoul 3 - 39pt
>06. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 - 34pt
>07. [WiiU] Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - 32pt
>08. [PS4] NARUTO- Naruto - Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 32pt
>09. [PSV] Digimon World -next 0rder- - 29pt
>10. [PSV] Summon Night 6 (Deluxe Pack) - 25pt
>11. [PS4] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 20pt
>12. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders - 19pt
>13. [PSV] Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X - 18pt
>14. [WiiU] POKKEN TOURNAMENT - 16pt
>15. [PS3] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 16pt
>16. [3DS] Haikyuu !! Cross team match cross game box - 15pt
>17. [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles remastered - 15pt
>18. [3DS] Rockman Classics Collection - 15pt
>19. [PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation - 15pt

Most relevant missing games :
>(PS34V) Attack on Titan - 2015/2/18 (#41 and #87 on Amazon)
>(PS4) Street Fighter V - 2015/2/18 (out of top100)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193085822&postcount=289
>>
File: image.png (39KB, 159x163px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 159x163px
>>25070061
>Dragon Quest Not-Minecraft clogging 3 spots on the list
>>
I wonder, did anyone ever translate the movelists found on the Pokken website yet?
>>
>>25070164
It's Dragon Quest, official video game of Japan.
>>
>>25069726
Very last reveal or Day 1 DLC

>>25070061
>>07. [WiiU] Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - 32pt
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>25069726
I'd rather we not get any more Smash Bros pokemon, they're already in a fighting game and I'd rather play as someone new.

I say that but we have pretty much everyone except pichu, ivysaur, squirtle and Jigglypuff so what do I know
>>
>>25070311
I'll give it a shot
>>
>>25056795
Mega Chandelure's my favorite Pokemon.

We're getting Greninja and Jigglypuff, I'd place money on that. That completes the amiibo support and gives us a joke character in the form of Jiggs. The joke's on us since fucking Greninja is playable.

I've been hoping for a bug pokemon since day one. I'd love Shuckle, Genesect or Yanmega, but the smart money's on Heracross or Scisor.

For """"slot"""" four, the last remaining "holes" in the roster (not counting the stuff mentioned above) are:
>Meowth, due to anime popularity
>Mew, due to popularity and normie familiarity
>Lopunny, as the last notable waifumon
>more Gen II representation - there's only Suicune. Not even fucking support Pokemon, bruh
>A rock type - I could really see Golem being added
>A bird rep, as new bird fuckheads are introduced every gen
>another non-biped - I dunno, dude

So tl;dr for some faggot's analysis on nothing that will be rendered obsolete in less than 2 months:
What I want:
>Furret
>Yanmega
>Genesect
>Ampharos

What we'll get:
>Jigglypuff
>Greninja
>Heracross
>Wild Card - Lopunny, Golem, or Gen II Rep
>>
>Greninja
Popular
>Any pokebear: snorlax, ursaring, beartic, pangoro
Because tekken
>Ho-oh/Lugia
secret boss
>Lopunny
....you know why
>>
>>25057651
why does the 2nd Dialga under Zekrom look so edgy?
>>
>>25056855
But why? Why go through the effort of making an entirely new moveset just to give it to a pokemon already on the roster? All it does is irritate fans who wanted to see other pokemon get in. I've never had any interest in playing it, but it's annoying to see them fill the roster with gen 1 pokemon and then begin creating clones once all the popular pokemon are in. I'd like to see an actual Gen 6 rep, not Pikachu in a costume. I'd be willing to take just about anything other than a Mewtwo OC.
>>
>>25072473
It's Primal Dialga, from Mystery Dungeon. And no, its name is just a coincidence, it has nothing to do with Groudon/Kyogre.
>>
File: jgkdhk,d.png (127KB, 288x275px) Image search: [Google]
jgkdhk,d.png
127KB, 288x275px
I threw up a list of wants, no matter how realistic they are or not. Red means I think it's realistic for them to become a fighter and green means I think it's realistic for them to become an assist.

Looking at it now maybe medicham should be green...
>>
>>25046521
>Venusaur or Chesnaught
>Blastoise or Swampert
>Greninja or Hawlucha
>Mew or Ditto Mokujin

The only way to save this game

They really fucked up the roster I can't believe it

They were all MUH QUADRUPEDS, and for what? Some faggy legendary no one ever cared about instead of actually cool Water types? Chandelure is cool and all but in what fucking world should he be in before Greninja or Hawlucha? Are they fucking serious?
>>
does anyone on vp plays fighting games anyway?
beside smash
>>
>>25072707
Yeah, I'm a big fan of UNIEL and Xrd but I'm shit at both.
>>
>tfw Jigglypuff still hasn't been announced
s-she's going to be in right guys?
>>
Has it been confirmed you can use the arcade USB controller online? Thing looks comfortable as fuck
>>
They aren't gonna add more legendary Pokemon to this right? It's stupid to think just like a regular Machamp or Pikachu could actually beat Mewtwo, let alone any actually powerful Legendaries
>>
>>25072707
I do, soul calibur, MvC, tekken, and SF
even though i suck at them all
>>
>>25072707
Blazblue, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, I used to play Street Fighter and a couple of Dragon Ball Z fighting games.

>>25072801
I would think so, it was only said that two players can't use it for local play.
>>
>>25072707
Mortal Kombat
>>
>>25072820
>Deoxys-A falling to Sucker Punch Ariados
It happens, you know
>>
File: 1452721967465.jpg (158KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452721967465.jpg
158KB, 720x480px
>>25072820
>It's stupid to think just like a regular Machamp or Pikachu could actually beat Mewtwo, let alone any actually powerful Legendaries
>>
>>25072768
I'd rather wigglytuff
>>
>>25072560
Mega milotic would be cool
>>
>>25072707
I only played Digimon Rumble Arena when I was a kid. Couldnt get into Smash at all despite friend recommendations and some similarities with the former.

Pokken however looks really fun, mostly because it has characters I can actually give a shit about. The only problem is I don't have a Wii U yet
>>
>>25074354
Hopefully Pokkén Wii U bundle comes over from japan
>>
>>25072820
You have to be at least 18 to post here
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 380x380px
>>25074372
>pre-installed
>>
>>25057039
>>Machamp: OG Fighting-type that got a Gen 5 counterpart (Conkeldurr)
Fuck yeah! Buffs when?
>>
File: moe moe.gif (35KB, 491x450px) Image search: [Google]
moe moe.gif
35KB, 491x450px
>>25072465
>Any pokebear
>Not spinda
>>
>>25072768
I believe so, even if only as an assist
>>
Ok so the way I see it
>Greninja
>Jigglypuff
>Heracross/Scizor
are all pretty safe bets
That means we have every type except Rock. And as people have pointed out, we don't have any bird yet.

What about Aerodactyl?
>Rock type
>Bird body type
>Fossil
>has a mega
>would be extremely unique
>muh gen 1
I could see it happening
>>
>>25074826
I'd love Aerodactyl. Seems far more interesting than all those bipedal dinosaurs people are suggesting.
>>
>>25074384
You don't even have a Wii U to begin with are you really going to take it to another one
>>
So, do any of you even play fighting games? No Patrick, Smash Bros is not a fighting game

Pretty hype for this, though online is going to be ass for the first few weeks and I'm sure of it. Stomping smash kiddies who don't even know fundamentals just isn't fun.
>>
>>25075502
>>25072707
Samefag or...?

Anyways, Superbowl trailer came out.
Last 4 pick predictions w/ shitty rationale:
>Greninja (amiibo)
>Jigglypuff (amiibo)
>Heracross/Ursaring (Gen II rep - either bug rep or Kuma copy, dunno which it'll be)
>Gyarados (apparently massively popular, non-bipedal, has a mega and easy moveset options with biting moves, tail moves, shit involving its body mass, water projectiles, a Mega, etc)
>>
>>25075961

To be fair, I didnt read the thread
>>
>>25072536
>I'd like to see an actual Gen 6 rep
Here you go. Now you can stop complaining and being ungrateful.
>>
>>25072578
Nobody cares about your Mexican meme bird. They're definitely going to put Greninja in though. Mark my works.
>>
>>25075991
At least you admitted it.
How do you feel about the whole no-mixups thing?
I get this feeling that the game's lifespan will solely depend on autists who just fucking LOVE pokemon as opposed to the mechanical depth of SF or GG or whatever.
Not that that's a bad thing, since I fit in that group.
>>
>>25046521
Magneton
Gyarados
Charizard
Nidoking

Did you get nothing at all from the Superb Owl commercial?
>>
>>25076048
Charizard is already in the game anon...
>>
>>25076053
We're talking about Pokken, not Sm4sh
>>
>>25076053
>>25076097
We sure are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXEsQNuj7Yk
>>
>>25060949
I just want her to dominate me and do smelly things
>>
>>25076044
Detail what you refer to
>>
>>25076112
Whoops. Miltank, then.
>>
>>25073348
>>25074374

>Mewtwo, who is basically just a fetus that survived an abortion
>compared to Literally God Almighty

ok anons
>>
File: 1424308133678.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1424308133678.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>25069161
Gardevoir looks cool I hope they fix her so she could at less compete with the other fighters.
>>
>>25076297

You must have missed the part where "Mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon in existence" for forced into everyone's eyeballs for years by GF and Nintendo.
>>
>>25076297
>Mewtwo, who is a master of telekinesis
>who's stats rival the godmon without mega evolution
OK anon
>>
>>25076186
The fact that block is a button and there's no high/low system?
>>
File: image.png (404KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
404KB, 500x500px
HAPPENING
>>
>>25076405
there are high and low attacks in duel mode, plus shield don't mean your invincible, you're wide open to grabs.
>>
>>25076409
watch it be Lady Gaga
>>
>>25076409
It's going to be Greninja.
>>
>>25076416
>there are high and low attacks in duel mode
Pleasently surprised. Is there a source? Anywhere I can go to find out more about the game's systems?
>>
>>25076438
the best you'll get is http://pokken.jp/

or if you have a nicovideo account
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%E3%83%9D%E3%83%83%E6%8B%B3?f_range=0&l_range=0&opt_md=
>>
File: file.png (404KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
404KB, 600x450px
>>25076460
Somebody managed to run this thing on their PC
>>
>>25076423
So... Luxray?
>>
>>25076493
Isn't it just for recording/streaming though?
>>
>>25063599
>>25062266
Found them

http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_bursyamo.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_jukain.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_pikachu.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_kairiky.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_sirnight.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_suicune.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_manyula.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_lucario.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_lizardon.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pdf/move_list_masked_pikachu.pdf
http://www.pokkentournament.jp/pokemon/gangar.html
>>
There is no final four. Plenty of games don't have perfectly rectangular character select screens.
>>
Gyrados and Magneton
That pokemon Superbowl commercial is no coincidence . Unless they are supports.
>>
>>25078186
Gyarados is 2big if they plan to stay true to the canon proportions

Magneton doesn't look very likely but hey stranger things happened
>>
File: Zoroark.jpg (135KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Zoroark.jpg
135KB, 1280x1280px
All fighter
>>
>>25078279

i have both 100% and 0% faith that Zoroark will get in.
>>
File: Garbodor.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Garbodor.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>>
File: Regirock.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Regirock.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
We need some rocks
>>
>>25057109
>one of the only Gen 4 evos that didn't ruin its line
End your life
>>
1. tyranatar because he's fairly well recognized and fills a niche as a really big slow fighter and grappler and the only rock type
2. scizor because he's bad ass and I think he'll beat out heracross as the only bug type. he'll play really fast and power full but really frail like a glass cannon
3. I'm thinking there needs to be a normal type in there so I'm guessing snorlax because he's really iconic maybe kangaskan. snorlax would just be the biggest slowest fucker on the cast no tournament viability but super fun to play
4. I think the last one has to be a bird so i'm gonna say talonflame he's recent, really popular, and I don't think they're gonna resist the urge to add more fire types really brash and reckless fighting style where he takes just as much as he dishes out. (teh bravest bird)
>>
another gen 3 pokemon seems likely, either aggron or maybe something random like hariyama.
>>
>>25061780
I fucking love the way they make gengar move in this results screen he's all like
"yeah how you like that shit bitch"
>>
Can't we just hope that nintendo will release DLCs future for this game if it reaches success so that we have more Pokes?
>>
>>25079966
i'm pretty sure it will regardless
>>
>>25079904
>no Greninja
>>
>>25076297
>Christbabbies still think "god" means "Yaweh"

Plot twist, tardmuffin: there are lots and lots of gods throughout mythology and the vast majority of them aren't omniscient omnipotent omnipresent omnigods. You're viewing a Japanese character through a western lens.
>>
>>25046521
Lopunny
Scizor
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.