[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it got a mega evo, would Dark Aura bring it back to OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: download (5).jpg (10KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
10KB, 256x197px
If it got a mega evo, would Dark Aura bring it back to OU?
>>
>>25046372
>would an inferior version of adaptability bring it to OU

please think before you post
>>
>>25046372
No, it's only down because of Fairies, so Sheer Force would be a blessing to help clear them. I'd personally like Mega Launcher for it, since it fits with it being a tank and actually boosting both STABs, despite not being helpful against Fairies.

>Dark Pulse @ 120
>Dragon Pulse @ 127.5, essentially replacing Draco Meteor
>>
>>25046385
Doesn't Dark aura decrease fairy type attack power?
>>
>>25046420
no
>>
>>25046412

When will these meme die? Fucking retards talking about shit they ain't know nuthin bout.

Being 4x weak to Fairy, both of it's stabs being resisted by Fairy etc are the least of this guys problems.

The real reason he sucks is because he's slow as shit without any priority and for a supposed wall breaker doesn't hit as hard as he needs to in order to make up for the fact he can't sweep.
>>
>>25046460

To elaborate, being weak to a "dominant" type(and fairy is hardly that) never hurts a pokemons viability. Being 4x weak to anything but rock is also almost fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>25046476
*fighting
>>
>>25046412
As much as I'd love a MegaHydreigon being a tank with Sheer Force, it would be hard-pressed to make up for the lack of Life Orb.
>>
>>25046548

Sheer Force basically replaces LO. And with the added 100 points to its stats it would certainly make hydreigon extremely good. Think about it as basically a LO hydregon but with boosted stats.

That's also why megas that have attack boosting abilities are usually the most powerful. As the abilities act as psuedo LOs but with better stats. The ATE abilities are the best examples of this as they act as basically Life Orb in addition to the increased base stat.
>>
I want hydreigon with a signature abiity
>>
>>25046592
>Artillerate
>All beam attacks are launched 3 times, once from each head
>>
>>25046602
*6 heads
>>
>>25046372
Every Pokémon don't need Mega evolution.
>>
>>25046460
>>25046476
Either you're just being a contrarian or you're genuinely stupid if you think you can get away saying 'Fairy is the least of his problems, not being a sweeper is'. It wouldn't matter if he's faster if he still gets forced out.

And saying it doesn't hit as hard for a wall breaker is dead wrong, since the only sure switch-in to it in the game is Azumarill.

People still use it in OU and it puts in work, it's just that it can't spam its strongest moves as much. Look at Mega Medicham's abundance during the Mega Sableye suspect test. You take away the key switch-ins, and predators in wait take advantage of that.
>>
give it quiver dance lol
>>
>>25046670
>It wouldn't matter if he's faster if he still gets forced out.
How do you know if it's male?
>>
>>25046702
>>
>>25046720
?
>>
>>25046460
pseudo-legend fell to uu in a gen where a pink blob rose from ru to s-rank in ou
>geh, i wonder why
>>
>>25046933

Fucking retard.
>>
>>25049114

To elaborate, the Bug and Fighting weakness are more damaging to its playability than the 4x fairy weakness. Though bug to a lesser extent.
>>
>>25046412
Also most fairies will still not be effected by those moves. Flash cannon is yoir only real chance and most fairies are spec walls to begin with.
>>
>>25046372
If it had a Mega Evolution, I think all it would take is +10 Speed to bring it back to OU.

The other stats you can mess around with all you like since it already can go mixed, so pumping up Attack isn't wasted like with most Special Attackers, and more bulk isn't a bad thing either since it gets Roost and can turn into a bulky attacker with the right EV spread. Seriously, as long as you make it outspeed Mega Gardevoir you're in the clear.

As for what ability it gets, I would either keep Levitate or give it Sheer Force or maybe Hustle to be like its baby forms, except Hustle kinda sucks.
>>
>>25049247
It's like I wasted my time saying "despite not being helpful against Fairies" if you're still going to point that out. It's not like Mega Camerupt became better equipped to deal with Water types.
>>
>mega launcher boosts dragon Pulse, dark pulse, and flash cannon
>specs boost equivalent to both its stabs
>anywhere near a significant speed boost at all will jettison it to high use
>could easily have 155-65 special attack
You're looking at another mega metagross with potentially better speed and better type attacks.
>>
>>25050181
Mega Launcher doesn't increase flash cannon, but it should. Mega Launcher should boost the same moves that are blocked by Bulletproof
>>
>>25050237
Mega launcher should boost beam moves too or be a special tough claws with some exceptions
>>
HP: 92
Attack: 125 (+20)
Defense: 110 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 155(+30)
Sp. Def: 100 (+10)
Speed: 118 (+20)

Mega Launcher/Sheer Force

OU?
>>
>>25046372
Give it Mega Launcher instead.
+30 SpA and +13 speed is literally all it needs to break OU's neck
>>
>>25050264
Make it +15 Speed, just to fuck with everyone :^)
>>
>>25046372
Only it's mega would be OU
>>
>>25046686
Can we have this? Please this, very much!
>>
>>25046372
Hydreigon always seemed more of a Mold Breaker kind of Pokemon. It gets all of the key moves needed for it bar a useful boosting move and it's just powerful and fast enough to assert itself as even more of a wallbreaker.
>>
>>25050245
It should include sludge bomb. Think of it as a canon ball. And give Hydriegon access to sludge bomb. Earth power, dark pulse, dragon pulse and sludge wave would be quite a threat.
>>
>>25046372
>mega evo gives it steel typing and more speed

There, OU.
>>
>>25050431
>dark/steel special attacker
im not sure how i feel about that
>>
>>25050456
>Not dragon/steel
>>
>>25050494
i don't think the first type ever changes on pokemon forms unless its ability demands it

hydreigon is dark/dragon
>>
>>25050253
Yes. This is pretty much all it needs.

People whine about fairies, which hurts Hydreigon for sure, but it's biggest issue is it's awkward speed. Bumping up above 100, let alone 115 would make Hydreigon much more efficient at what it tries to do.

Your setup is what I've been preaching myself, roughly.
>>
File: mega hydreigon.png (34KB, 947x363px) Image search: [Google]
mega hydreigon.png
34KB, 947x363px
It would be insanely hard in order to not make mega hydreigon ou
>>
>>25050431
>steel typing

no
>>
>>25046670
Hydreigon is meant to hit fast and hard. Weakened fairies die to flash cannon anyway and obviously some stuff like Azumarill or Florges will wall and kill regardless. By that same token Scizor can kill some fire types with superpower like Heatran, but will still always lose to, say, Tflame. You also seem to think I can't just switch out into my counter when a fairy comes out.

It struggles to kill anything seeing as Specs or LO Draco doesn't always get the job done and because there's numerous ways to stop it sweeping. 99 speed really hurts in this meta, dude.

What are you trying to say with the Medicham example? Good players aren't so automatically retarded as to assume they should switch into sableye since a medicham's on the field. Likewise, good players are not quick to bring out their gengar or whatever if they see a Hydreigon.
>>
>>25050900

Don't listen to these retards who act as if Fairys are gen 1 psychic/normal or gen 2 snorlax. They see 4x weakness and think it fucking matters when the weakness the bug is fucking worse. Fucking faggots.

Another great example is Blaziken and fucking retards thinking that as long as it has 1 or 2 "counters"(and even the supposedly hard counters can be easily played around) it's okay in OU. These retards have no idea how battles actually work and see that Fairys is an extremely good typing and very popular and see that hydreigon is 4x weak to it an lacks an easy way to deal with all of them so they spout shit about how that is the main reason he sucks. These retards don't realize that this is a priority/speed meta first and foremost. Which hurts hidreigon the most. Then there are lesser known problems for it like how a dark move dominates the meta and because of it there is less need for a dedicated dark type that can't do the one thing its supposed to be able to do.
>>
>>25052686
>dark type moves highly prevalent because of the steel nerf
>hydreigon would be a bulky dark resist who also takes less damage from knock off if it had a mega while also having a powerful neutral stab to hit M-sableye and superpower for bisharp
>>
>>25050181
Please stop. My dick can only get so erect.
>>
Completely off course for what people expect from mega hydreigon.

Fur coat
HP: 92
Atk: 105 -> 115 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spa: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Spd: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Spe: 98 -> 118 (+20)

Hydreigon already learns roost. It's now the wall that dishes out hits and goes fast.
>>
>>25054487

If it's a wall it won't be fast or hit hard. If you do max out its offensive stats it'll still be a weaker LO variant.. Still, this is one of the few megas that won't send it to ubers as it is REALLY hard to not break something with 700 BST. Thank god that Ttar has more weaknesses than i can count and that mega garchomp was crippled with a useless ability, garbage speed and most of the added bst split between its offensive stats. They were too afraid with this one and it turned out to be garbage.
>>
It would get three full heads, and get an ability that allows all moves it use to be triple targeting moves in triple battles.
>>
>>25049247
It's affected
>>
Hydreigons got such an odd stat spread, and it's perfect for a mega.

All of it's stats are good. It's got solid defenses, good offenses on both sides, and, at face value, decent speed. It's the specifics of everything that hurt it so much, like being just shy of a usable speed tier, and 125 being a bit lower than desired (given that special attacks are aggregate a bit softer than physical).

So long as they dont dick around and lower it's speed at all with a mega, it'll be good. Hell, just a measly 7 points in speed, putting at a 105 speed tier would open up so many more options for Hydreigon, its crazy.

This thing is fucking BEGGING for a mega.
>>
>>25046933
It was bottom-tier OU last gen, though It and Metagross should've ended Gen V in UU/BL.
Besides, Hydreigon is absolute top-tier UU right now so it's hardly a massive fall from grace.
>>
>>25046372
Here's a thought:
Contrary.
If we go the hydra route, cutting off a head only makes it stronger.
If we go the Mecha Ghidorah route, guess which Ghidorah fought for humanity's sake, contrary to the rest of its race?
>>25054487
That would still be amazing.
>>
>>25054487
Fur Coat is as broken as Huge Power on any mon with usable bulk. Furfrou has a chance to survive an Adamant CC from a Mega Lucario and its defenses are mediocre.

If you want to break the thing, just give it Contrary and a decent boost in speed. Imagine if Serperior had a movepool, some bulk, and could go mixed with Superpower.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.