[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think (not hope/want) Gen 7's "gimmick/appeal"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: 1452963510583.jpg (19KB, 265x243px) Image search: [Google]
1452963510583.jpg
19KB, 265x243px
What do you think (not hope/want) Gen 7's "gimmick/appeal" will be?
>>
Motorcycle battles
>>
An absolute fuck ton of new Pokemon
>>
>>25045434
ur mum
>>
>>25045434
An action battle system.
>>
>>25045434
Gen I theme: The genetic and mutation.

Gen II theme: A japanese thematic.

Gen III theme: The nature and a tropical region.

Gen IV theme: Ancient things and the origin of the universe.

Gen V theme: The relation of the opposites (played by the name of the game)

Gen VI theme: Lol I don't know. Haven't played X/Y but I guess the region as a pokedex in the form of a region.
>>
>>25045487
VI would be beauty and fantasy
>>
>>25045487
>Gen II theme: A japanese thematic.

wut
>>
Gen 7's gimmick will be Go connectivity and no other gen will
>>
Waifus
>>
>>25045487
Gen 6 was beauty (The region and lysandre's motives) power (Mega evolution) and balance (Life and death for X and Y, Zygare is the order pokemon)

Gen 7 could be fusions, the ultimate bond between trainers and pokemon have them coming together, I could see them doing it like Kyurem or Ash's Greninja
>>
Well, with Yokai Watch having it, and with the revival (sort of) of Digimon games in the west, AND with their experimentation of the feature in Gen 5, I can say with some certainty that they will introduce Fusion.

I feel that they tested Megas in gen 4, with all those fucking forms they introduced, and because of muh patterns, those were introduced two generations later. Math indicates that fusion, tested in gen 5, will be in gen 7.
>>
>>25045504
Gen II was mostly a Kanto sequel instead of its own game. I can't find a theme besides the most japanese-looking region.
>>
>>25045453
I would just like them to make the UI a bit better and maybe try something like an active feed instead of button pressing each bit of info at a time before I get to the battle menu.

This means the text would just auto pop up temporarily and move on to the next piece of info while I can freely navigate the menu and select my next attack as my Pokemon's health is going down, or it starts to rain, or when my pokemon gets poisoned.

There would also be a little battle log you could open up really quick to check to read all the results on the feed that you may have missed or just want to read the turn by turn afterwards.

Is there any RPG that does something like this? It seems like it could work but would take getting used to.
>>
Fusion mega evolutions
>>
you niggas stupid? it's about the bonds of friendship uniting Pokemon and humans
>>
>>25045446
>implying gen 6s super condensed list where every single pokemon fills a cool niche, whether they are a cool ingame mon or were made with the meta in mind isnt the best

Yeah man totally, i want a bunch a 340 bst useless single evolution pokemon
>>
Gen1 is still fun.
>>
>>25045544
the scrolling HP was one of the main reasons Earthbound was popular. And the PMD games have logs you can browse through to see what's gone on in a battle. It would be neat to see both in the main games.
>>
File: 135.png (169KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
135.png
169KB, 318x308px
>>25045694
>every single pokemon fills a cool niche
>>
>>25045504
They based it on Kansai, had kimono girls and traditional Japanese roofing for several buildings as well as tatami mats indoors, a tower full of monks, beast trio based on asian chimeras, Ho-Oh, and the remakes had red maple leaves and traditional Japanese instruments in the soundtrack.
>>
An item that will let you do a fusion between 2 pokemon in a double battle.
>>
>>25045487
Gen I gimmick: Pokemon
Gen II gimmick: Breeding, Day Night Cycle
Gen III gimmick: EV/IV revamped, Natures, more minmaxing autism basically.
Gen IV gimmick: Physical/Special Split
Gen V gimmick: Being good games
Gen VI gimmick: Mega Evolution
>>
>>25045975
>Gen V gimmick: Being good games
:^)

Gen V's gimmick was a completely unique Pokedex. For better or worse.
>>
>>25045694
>imply gen 5's huge variety of fresh new pokemon to use so you don't constantly see the same old shit isn't the best

Yeah man totally, I want only a handful of Pokemon I get bored with after a single playthrough
>>
Fusion should have been done in gen 1 or 2. For fucks sake, look at Slowbro. Diglett to Dugtrio, Magnemite to Magneton, and Vanillish to Vanilluxe should work the same too.
>>
Heavy dumbing down of type matchups to further appeal to casuals and compete with recent competition
>>
>>25045694
No, it's shit
Fuck regions without identities because they're full of previous mons instead of new ones
>>
>>25045434
Does anyone find it weird the door is locked if it's a functioning Gym?

Why is the key at the back of the burned lab and why is it you can just walk straight in after getting it and the Gym is functioning?

Were they just sitting in there the whole time with a locked door?
>>
>>25046097
maybe they locked you out because they are secretly with team rocket
>>
>>25045975
>Gen III gimmick: EV/IV revamped, Natures, more minmaxing autism basically
You forgot Abilities, which are probably the best thing to come out of Gen III.
>>
>>25046078
I think what destroys identity the most is seeing either too much variety in one place or certain mons being available in too many places (e.g., Riolu in X).
>>
>>25045434
It is going to be fusions. It'll work like Kyurem in that only specific mons can fuse with other specific mons.
>>
>>25045513
>beauty
>Lysandre's motives
That didn't come across well at all. Should have just stuck to being filthy rich as their goal.
>>
>>25045487
gen 1
>Science
gen 2
>Tradition
gen 3
>Nature
gen 4
>History
gen 5
>Yin and Yang
gen 6
>Beauty

gen 7
>Exploration
>>
>>25046007
Definitely for better, I'd say. Starting on a clean slate felt fucking great and I hope they do it again someday.

But no, I'd argue that Gen V's main mechanical addition was hidden abilities.
>>
I'll foresee two big changes:

1. Sidequests and/or DLC.

One of the big complaints from X/Y was how little there was to do apart from the main game, before or after the Elite 4. Bringing in optional content and free DLC "dungeons" both adds to the feeling of a living world, and provides players with something new 3, 6, or even 12 months after the game's launch.

2. More increased mechanical transparency.

With either a more robust IV checker or expanded breeding options, the success of X/Ys EV Super Training system is going to be brought to IVs and opened up to the casual player. I can also see an expanded, searchable movelist in the game itself, much like the Pokedex.

But of course, the only thing Gen 7 will be remembered for is

3. Mega Pikachu
>>
I wish they'd do a kanto remake again
>>
>>25047760
>another finger on the monkey's paw curls
>it's only for new 3ds
>>
>>25045434

Hopefully the Pokelympics
>>
File: 5puKkAl.jpg (64KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5puKkAl.jpg
64KB, 1000x1000px
>>25047760
Pokémon Blue remake.
Pokémon waterblue.
>>
>>25047760
I hope it's a remake where they change things up and tweak things including # Pokemon or adding prevos for continuity. If you've ever played FRLG after playing a newer title the age starts to show. Mainly in the map layout. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy a mostly unaltered remake just that GF could be doing better things with their time, I could be spending my money better, and at this point Gen 1 in its current form is readily available and played out.
>>
>>25047760
I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon since the 20th anniversary seems to be focusing on the vc releases for the tribute to Kanto. Maybe we'll get them during the 25th or 30th anniversary?
>>
File: Goatorcycles.png (200KB, 800x759px) Image search: [Google]
Goatorcycles.png
200KB, 800x759px
>>25045445
Pokemon Battles on Goatorcycles!!
>>
>>25047846
Yes. 25th or 30th anniversary.
That sound about right.
>>
>>25045975
>>25046007
Wasn't V's gimmick the Dream World and Entralink? It is too bad they just up and died though.
>>
>>25047955
True.
>>
>>25047383

I've always been baffled at the lack of a Quest system in Pokemon.

There are so many towns and so many NPCs.. why don't any of them have anything for me to do? By the time I've got four Badges, I should already be considered a "strong" Pokemon trainer and well above 99% of the shitkickers I encounter, it would make sense that there would be Pokemon-related problems that these people can't deal with since they only keep Pokemon as pets. Give me something to fucking do!
>>
>>25045694
Read the OP of the thread you're contributing to you absolute stupid fucking illiterate retard piece of shit
>>
>>25047981
Most of pokemon's problems come from the limits of what they could do in Gen 1 and these have become sacred cows.
>>
>>25045694
We know you don't even play the games smogonfags so stop posting outside of "golem moved to NU" threads and fuck yourself.
Low BS mons are needed in early places like every rpg need shit monsters at the beginning
>>
>>25048047
Wtf is smart gun anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 853x480px
>>25047847
POKEMON BATTLES ON MOTORCYCLES?
>>
>>25045975
>Gen V gimmick: Being good games
Kek. Gen V completely fucked the UI and had a flood of shitmons. Only real gimmick is a "story", that for BW can barely be called that. BW2 was decent.
>>
>>25045487

Gen 6 was life/death
>>
postgame travel to sinnoh region
>>
>>25045445
>>25047847
>>25049289
Fuck you guys you don't even know how much I hate this stupid meme. It gives nostalgiafags a means of hiding from newer yugioh series. Now they can just refute all arguments with DUDE CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES LMAO XD
>>
A game set in the region of Pokemon ReBURST

new gimmick:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burst
>>
>>25049363
Yugioh isnt even old enough to have nostaligia fags.
>>
>>25049382
It's literally just as old as Pokemon when you count the days where it was a horror manga.
>>
>>25049396
Also before some smartass says they both didn't start on February 27th, I'm talking years. If I remember it's their 20th anniversary too. And they're celebrating it the same way. Only the first gen matters and everything else gets a small mention.
>>
>>25045434
Definitely strong gen 1 references.
Probably Kanto is some fashion.
>>
>>25045487

Your way off on like all of those
>>
>>25047300
>Exploration
Ooh, I'd like that. So many possibilities. Hidden routes? Expansive areas? Charting the unknown? Discovering new pokemon?
Now let me come up with some...
>Communication (between people/people or people/pokemon or maybe even pokemon/pokemon)
>Modernization/Changing times (especially because of the sudden jump in technology we've seen from gen 5 onwards)
>Dreams & Illusions (could allow for some pretty trippy pokemon designs)
>Justice (interpret that how you will)
>Luck (ex. the region itself was made because of some lucky outcome)
>>
File: philippines-map.jpg (276KB, 1200x1677px) Image search: [Google]
philippines-map.jpg
276KB, 1200x1677px
>>25047300
>Exploration
A Pokemon game without ocean routes, just one big archipelago to explore with the only pace being set by the difficulty of regions altering with seasonal changes, and Gym Strength.
>one island's Pokemon are stronger in a certain season, but weaker in another, while also allowing access to new regions
>>
>>25045434
Pokesex
>>
>>25050577
You forgot GF logic
>one island will be all snow
>one island will be all desert
>one island will be all rocky/mountain
>one island will be all dead
>the rest are all grassy and have water types as well as normal and flying
>>
Gen 7 could be about Rural VS Urban.

Imagine industry and the advancement of civilization is moving a traditional pokemon region to become futuristic.

Team Neo are a Team Rocket style organisation that are removing natural landscapes to expand the region's cities - deforestation, levelling of land, building of beachside resorts. Unlike other bad guys, the citizens are divided in opinion - some approve of the urbanisation and some don't. As you travel the region, your friends are also divided and your rival begins to help Team Neo.

All this upheaval of the land and destruction of pokemon habitats awakens the legendary beasts (insert semi-relevant mythological duo/trio here) and the protag must take on Team Neo to thwart their excessive plans.

Thoughts?
>>
>>25050577
Would be really nice if there are a lot of cities and interesting places to explore.
>>
>>25050891
That was gen V's gimmick you mong
>>
>>25045434
If they're really going to try and pander to genwunners (they've already confirmed they're "gonna go back to their roots" or something like that), I have a feeling they'll overdo it and not introduce any gimmicks and just keep it as "clean" and boring as they can.

Maybe it'll be alt universe Kanto or something.
>>
>>25051273
Not him but no it wasn't dumbass, Gen V was going on about the morality of Pokemon battling. Nature vs technology is only shown on Reshiram and Zekrom's tails, and that's a big stretch.

I say he's got the right idea.
>>
>>25051608
>Nature vs technology is only shown on Reshiram and Zekrom's tails
Black City and White Forest say Hi.
>>
>>25045487
I would hope Gen VII theme to be Life-experiences. How one person's mindset is forged by their own experiences and nothing else.

Gimmick could be either Open World or Conscience transfering (you can control a Pokemon conscience during a battle, allowing for Action-RPG-like battles)
>>
>>25045434
>gimmick/appeal
I hope there is no gimmicks and it's just a good game. Scratch that, I have no hope.
>>
>>25051812
who could be behind this post, I wonder?
>>
File: 1427965599202.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427965599202.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
>>25045434
>Gen 7
I hope there is no Gen 7 and rather another (competent) company gets the rights to Pokemon and completely guts the entire franchise. Keep the premise of capturing/battling/breeding/trading Pokemon, except make it good. Not a click-to-win smartphone game for babies.

>this will never happen
>>
>>25051878
No and the 7th generation of Pokémon is going to happen, rather People believe it or not.
>>
File: 1426584327364.gif (18KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
1426584327364.gif
18KB, 400x321px
>>25051897
No I didn't say Gen 7 wasn't gonna happen, I said I didn't want it to (though I'm sure it will) and a GOOD Pokemon game will never be made.
>>
>>25051772
But those have nothing to do with the plot of the game.
>>
>>25051356
Kalos already basically feels like an alternate Kanto as it is so I hope not.
>>
>>25046078
the only region with identity yet is hoenn 3rd gen
>>
>>25051979
No. It don't.
Kalos and Kanto are very different.
>>
>>25051990
Johto half-arsed it but it had enough of that traditional japanese flavor to contrast with Kanto. Sinnoh also definitely had its own flavor, it was just kind of boring.
>>
>>25050891
The awakened legendary is a Ghost/Ground "spirit of the land" that must be swayed to allow or forbid the continued construction. If Team Neo displeases it, it can short out electronics and cause earthquakes to topple buildings. If Team Neo can get it to side with them, however, it can wipe out whole swaths of the local ecosystem to allow for expansion. You have to gather enough people who believe in your cause so that you can convince it to side with your philosophy of preserving nature instead.

It's called Zeitgeist.
>>
Poison legendary
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.