[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post true facts only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: smugvolcanion.png (358KB, 553x485px) Image search: [Google]
smugvolcanion.png
358KB, 553x485px
Gen 4 had the best meta
>>
>>25044612
/thread
>>
File: 1452407267983.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1452407267983.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>25044612
Yeah it was the best until bullet punch came out
>>
>>25044612
No. It didn't.
>>
There's nothing wrong with rising evasion and lowering accuracy

You need to get good
>>
File: sadtron.gif (3MB, 314x322px) Image search: [Google]
sadtron.gif
3MB, 314x322px
>>25044612
The Gen 6 starters were the most well-rounded of them all designwise.
Now an unrelated fact I miss my ex.
>>
Normal types are only good in-game.
>>
Bug-type has the best designs
>>
>>25044612
Gen 5 had the best main games and the worst spin offs (with exception of Pokémon Conquest).

In Gen 6 this is flipped and main games are low-tier games compared to previous Gens and the spin offs are the best in the franchise (with exception of Pokémon Rumble World, Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Picross, and Pokémon GO which are utter shit and only try to suck people's money)
>>
File: 1451352025892.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1451352025892.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>25044612
>Didn't have team preview
>>
>>25044721
Even those free-to-start spinoffs are more enjoyable than the mainline Gen 6 games.
>>
>>25044612
You mean 3.

>>25044723
And that was good, fuccboi.
>>
File: 1435929943956.jpg (60KB, 700x500px)
1435929943956.jpg
60KB, 700x500px
>>25044743
>Liking shitty stall and no team preview
How can one kid have so much shit taste?
>>
>>25044612
>>25044617
>>25044723
>>25044815
>frogposting unironically in 2016

Go back to facebook.
>>
>>25044721
>all the f2p mobile garbage isn't more difficult than oras and xy
>>
>>25044815
>stall
I said 3, not 2, frogfucker.

>liking team preview
Adds fucking nothing but ruining the surprise element unless you play VGC.
>>
>>25044721
I can agree, Super Mystery Dungeon is the first G6 game I actually like
>>
File: 1445986271432.png (234KB, 619x406px)
1445986271432.png
234KB, 619x406px
>>25044831
Make me bitch
>>
>>25044700
Tell us what happened?
>>
Fact: Gen 5 was so bad as far as Pokemon designs, music, story, characters that it almost ruined the series
X & Y saved Pokemon.
>>
>>25045219
>Gen 5 distanced itself too much from previous entries and tried to do its own thing, alienating casualfags and change adverse autists
>X & Y brought them back with the shiny new 3D visuals and by applying liberal amounts of pandering and nostalgia And most of them will leave come Gen 7 if they haven't already

ftfy
>>
le millenom girl
>>
>>25045259
>pandering
I can not think of anything that could *remotely* be considered pandering outside of like 2 or 3 stupid dead memes thrown in by the localization team.
>>
>>25045585
One of the first areas is an exact copy of the layout of Viridian Forest
>>
>>25045585
>memes
>pandering

Really, dude? Nostalgia pandering.

- Origins anime about "the good old days" ends up being a glorified commercial for the games and Mega evolution
- Kanto starters holding mega stones
- Viridian forest copypaste
- Scripted Pidgey encounter as your first pokémon
- Snorlax blocks the road again! I wonder if I have to look for the pokéflute?
- Lapras gift
- 6th gym is a teleporter puzzle with the same layout as Sabrina's
- Spinner tiles in villain's hideout
- Roaming Kanto birds
- An "Unknown Dungeon" containing Mewtwo, except with none of the effort put into the original
- Probably a lot more I'm forgetting

XY was sold on the fact that it was the first 3D pokémon game and GF wanted that nostalgia money so bad that they went absolutely nuts with the Gen 1 pandering. Think what you will of it, whether you think it's a positive or a negative thing, but THAT's a fact.
>>
>>25045259
>>25045219
You're both wrong

Gen V had a great pokedex and from an aesthetic and mechanical standpoint the best gameplay to date in any Pokemon game.

It also had dogshit characters, writing, story and world design, and pioneered the awful trend of every character in the world telling you what a wonderful and special trainer you are. It also paved the way for the friends from XY.

Also the meta was ass because le weather wars and button spam.
>>
>>25045951
>It also had dogshit characters, writing, story

All pokémon games are like that. Gen V just chose to focus far too much on it.

And no meta has been good since Gen 4. Your other points are valid.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 512x288px
>>25045219
>this gen I personally disliked almost killed Pokemon!
>>
>>25045736
>tldr:
Origins was badass
XY brought back the best pokemon
XY did better at being a tribute to gen 1 than gen 5 did, even though it tried much harder to be one.
>>
File: 1443183338370.png (159KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1443183338370.png
159KB, 326x326px
>>25046046
If that's what you're into.
>>
>>25044612
Sceptile is the coolest Grass starter
>>
>>25045219
>Gen 5 had the worst story
It was the only one with a passable story
>>
Gen 1 had the silliest meta

>Wrap/Fire Spin in general
>Persian crits everything
>Blizzard on a fucking Tauros
>>
M-Blaziken would not be over powered in OU.

Blaziken and M-Blaziken have shit designs.
>>
>>25045219

The first statement isn't exactly true but XY was fun as fuck. Amazing pokemon variety, quality over quantity regional dex, awesome fossil mon choices.

Z should be the best game in franchise history and I tend to prefer the earlier gens.
>>
None of the pokemon games are good, most are flat out bad, and the only reason they're tolerated is because people like the monsters and world themselves and the games are the only way we can interact with them.
>>
>>25046815
>quality over quantity regional dex
Gen V's dex was twice as large as gen VI"s and had WAY more good pokemon, even proportionally speaking. Gen VI has 3 good pokemon in its entire dex; Aegislash, Pangoro and Hawlucha.
>>
>>25046815
Replay it. I did and I didn't have any fun, it was really half assed asides from the models.
Let's look at things it took away
1. Challenge Mode
2. NPC interactions since platinm we've seen gym leaders leave their gyms and talk to us, only Korrina in X and Y
3. Post Game (looker is alright, but no battle ground/Resort/extra half of the region LET ALONE BATTLE FRONTIER
4. Gym Leader Rematches
5. The character models look bad now.....
6. Elite 4 rematches
7. Casual places ie. avenues/Contest/underground
Shall I go on?
>>
>>25046862
>when you go back to play XY after playing SMT IV and realize how awful and incompetent gamefreak are as devs

Literally a talentless company that can't perform to industry standards that flunked into success with a really popular gimmick.
>>
>>25046443
Passable like a kidney stone.
Gen 3 started terrible story telling in pokemon games, gen 4 improved in terrible story telling in pokemon games, but it was gen 5 that perfected terrible story telling in pokemon games. Gen 6 is less perfect than gen 5 at terrible story telling in pokemon games, but it's still pretty great at it.
>>
>>25046870
I was 16 when X and Y came out, and bought myself 3ds a with my shitty highschool job right before 2ds was announced. I played FRLG + Emerald and R/B/Y, and was shitty at it and I've slowly played all the games back slowly, and B2/W2 +HGSS/C are hands down the best games with the most content. I was able to beat Champions tournament the second time I played W2 no legendaries needed, before that I played X and felt so empty and confused where the fun was
>>
>>25046823

This is a facts thread, not a "Post Your Shitty Hyperbolic Taste" thread.
>>
>>25046818
I hate how true this is. I mean, it's not that they're all inherently bad, but that they're all carbon copy-pastes of the same old formula. It's become very tired
>>
>>25046909
The core game usually suck

R/B buggy messes

G/S these are good minus the curve

R/S trash doesn't make sense, Emerald good

D/P the fixed 90% of it in platinum

B/W I haven't played these

X/Y for teh kidz
>>
>>25046923
>G/S these are good minus the curve
And the distribution
And the short main game
And the gimped Kanto
And the removal of features

>R/S trash doesn't make sense
Elaborate

>D/P the fixed 10% of it in platinum
Ftfy there's still a glaring amount of flaws

>B/W I haven't played these
Then play them asshat. How can you say they all suck if you haven't?

>X/Y for teh kidz
>being for kids instantly means it sucks

Can we have some actual facts here?
>>
Gen 4 was the worst gen and began the slow introduction of casualization into the series through the BF, contests and secret bases.
>>
>>25047503
Battle Frontier, Contests, and Secret Bases were all introduced on Gen III Anon...
>>
>>25044612
Gen 4 also had the shittiest games in the main series that also ran slower than a sloth taking a shit
>>
>>25049220
And they got worse the next gen
>>
>>25046862

1. Only third version
2. Still more than the first two gens
3. Yeah
4/6: XY also have BOTH E4 and leader rematches
5. Thats subjectiv
7. What?
>>
>>25047501
>And the removal of features

Wait, what DID G/S remove from R/B? I can't think of a thing.
>>
>>25044612
>Post true facts only

gen I is, comparatively, fucking garbage that hasn't aged well. They are good games, but there is no excuse to say it is the best gen out of hipster faggotry

Gen III had the best world, so many things to explore and find made things interesting

Gen IV was the worst. Bad selection of pokemon, bad pokemon design, bad level design (HM saturation).

Platinum was the most difficult main pokemon game by a fucking mile

Gen V was the best gen, they actually went to the effort of making a good story that wasn't simply "go and be the champion" and the pokemon actually had useful movesest learned by leveling, so you could actually create the team that you wanted.

Gen VI would have been a fucking disaster if it wasn't because ORAS was the best remake and great games

to finish, the best things of each gen:
1-The glitches
2-The lenght and separation between physical and special attack and defense
3-The exploration and may
4-The separation between special and physical moves. The difficulty of platinum
5- The pokemon dinally learning usable moves by leveling, the story
6-Moving in diagonal. Character customization
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.