[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why they still use Team Rocket in the anime? See, I get that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: TeamRocketAnime.png (29KB, 260x340px) Image search: [Google]
TeamRocketAnime.png
29KB, 260x340px
Why they still use Team Rocket in the anime?
See, I get that they want to keep Ash and Pikachu, sounds kinda reasonable at least, and I also get that they want a "low tier villains" for something to happen every episode, even if it's the same fucking thing.

But why they couldn't come up with others persistent villains? A new group that would still annoy Ash and co everytime. Ash changed of companions in many seasons, they could do the same with the Team Rocket.
>>
Why is it that team rocket never get carried away by a paddy wagon, never have to face the court system and never go to jail despite being the most hopeless criminals you can imagine?

Do you think Giovani has the police in his pocket?
>>
>>25042824
The writers love team rocket.
>>
>>25042913
Giovani is rich.
>>
>>25042824
>they could do the same with the Team Rocket.
They're too popular in Japan.
>>
I like them, they had other recurring villains like Butch and Cassidy, but they were mostly shit.
>>
>>25042824
I'd like to see a new protagonist before I saw these guys go.
>>
Brock and misty were better characters.
>>
>>25042824
Would the show be better if they stopped shoehorning TR into every episode?
>>
>>25047288
No.
>>
>>25042824
Megumi Hayashibara's clout.
>>
>>25042824
Why would they remove the only good characters in the show?
>>
Cause meowth is a mascot like pikachu. Also wasnt aware they still put them in every episode.
>>
Whenever I watch the anime I find that I'm more interested in the characters of Jessie and James than I am of Ash and his friends. When they played more serious roles in BW I felt the show was dull and stale without the central point of comedy relief, so to get rid of them would be suicide.
>>
>>25042943
Who's Butch?
>>
>>25047890
Biff.

>>25047885
>Also wasnt aware they still put them in every episode.
Technically not EVERY episode, but still a good majority of them.
>>
they're a metaphor for perseverance
>>
>>25047954
How so?
>>
I want to see Team Rocket get fed up chasing Ash and Pikachu, so they go off and do their own thing for a while. They could expand the universe being away from Ash. We could have while episodes of just TR going around on adventures.

Meanwhile, Ash could be followed by some mook Team Flare grunts. Eventually TR finds Ash again, BTFO the TF grunts and things go back to normal.
>>
>>25048911
That was literally the plot of a DP episode.
>>
I wonder what the voice actors are doing with their lives now.
>>
>>25049275
Two of them are among Japan's best paid and most sought-after voice actors, one of which also has a very substantial song career.
>>
>>25048911
During DP Team Rocket sometimes were doing their own things like participating in Contests, not even meeting Ash in some episodes.

In BW they literally appeared in only half of the episodes, and in most of them they were just doing shady missions instead of mindlessly following Pikachu. Also, this actually raised several complaints from fans and even the voice actors themselves.

The writers are more creative with Team Rocket sometimes, but the traditional formula of using them as episodic villains has worked for almost 2 decades, there's no reason for them to change things too much.
>>
>>25042824
They're actually getting ready to do that in the XY&Z series. Giovanni gives some type of orders to them, and they meet up and try to protect the Blue Zygarde Core from Team Flare (it even transform into 50% Zygarde to protect itself), meanwhile Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie are nowhere to be seen. This was all shown in the XY&Z New Years Special.
>>
File: 1423024822112.png (153KB, 289x343px) Image search: [Google]
1423024822112.png
153KB, 289x343px
>>25049318
> this actually raised several complaints from fans and even the voice actors themselves
Really? BW was when Team Rocket was at their most evil, I'm shocked to find out people would prefer the dopey villains to ones that could actually pose a threat.
>>
>>25049585
You watched the dub where they're heavily rewritten and far far more annoying than in the original, right?

There's a REASON complaints about them come from outside Japan. That reason is the dub.
>>
>>25049585
I don't think the VAs actually complained about it, but they missed the old goofy TR. That's why a radio show where they could act like they wanted was created at the time.

That aside, a lot of fans really did complain about how "souless" TR had become.
>>
>>25042824

Because Team Rocket are more interesting and probably more liked than Ash and co.
>>
File: 1402541580322.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1402541580322.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>25042913
popularity.

In-universe, they're not so dangerous to warrant enough police attention although, I think officer Jenny mentioned them being actual wanted criminals a few times. And I could have sword they were arrested at least once at some point.
>>
Because the Pokemon anime episodes are written with mad libs.
>>
>>25050053
gr8 b8 4 the h8ers m8. I r8 it a str8 8 out of 8. Sure to genr8 lots of h8.
>>
>>25047288
They did. Two generations ago. Now the writers are alright with leaving them out of episodes that already have enough going on.
>>
>>25042914

No, actually. The voice actors have contracts.
>>
File: ekans.png (717KB, 1036x765px) Image search: [Google]
ekans.png
717KB, 1036x765px
>>25042824

Why remove them? The episodes focusing on them are among the best. But I agree that they could be changed. Enter a new trio of retards that exist for comedic relief and keep annoying the brats while the original trio experiences stuff that happens outside of ash's realm. They are too good to be removed.
>>
Team Rocket is the best part, especially in the seasons where Ash's friends are annoying shitheads like Max/May and Bonnie/Clemont - I only watched like 2 XY episodes, so I forget their Japanese names
>>
>>25049629
The dub didn't invent them being forced into every episode.
>>
>>25042824
>Why they still use Team Rocket in the anime?
Changing it would imply they have self-critic and would require some effort to make new better villains. This show has no effort nor self-critic.

>See, I get that they want to keep Ash and Pikachu, sounds kinda reasonable at least
It really doesnt, you;ve just been brainwashed to believe that, but other franchises changed their MCs and did just fine.
>>
>>25047288
It's too late to make this show better. The only good thing they could do is cancellation.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.