[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Pokémon TCG power creeping in the new generations? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 39.jpg (54KB, 400x572px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
54KB, 400x572px
Is the Pokémon TCG power creeping in the new generations? For example:

> Bill : Draw two cards.

Okay, no downside effect and it's worth two cards. Keep in mind however that other TCGs such as Yugioh already banned cards like this. (Pot of Greed)

> Roller Skates : Flip a coin, if heads draw three cards

Okay, you get an additional card but now there is a drawback: if you fail the coin toss you get nothing.

> Tierno: Draw three cards

What the...? Three cards with no drawback?

Another example:

Potion: Heal 20 hp

Okay, it's fair: one card for a heal.

Super Potion: Discard an energy card attached, heal 40 hp

It's heal more but has a drawback.

Pokémon Center Lady: Heal 60 hp and all status ailments.

I don't even know what is happening anymore.
>>
>>25041977
Are you aware of what a Supporter card is?

Read what cards do before declaring power creep.

For what it's worth, cards are actually way better these days, but it's more that the Pokemon have way more HP, damage and powerful effects. The Trainer cards are the same or worse, mostly.
>>
Tierno is a supporter card, which you can only play one of its kind perusal turn. So you can't play more than one tierno and it locks you out of cards like Pokémon centre lady for that turn too. You could play as many bills as you liked.

Pokémon have more hp on average and do more damage in the current meta, so old cards can't keep up, but the higher numbers allows for better balance.
>>
>playing gba tcg 2 game
>water deck with blastoise, lots of water energies, lots of bill, professor oak and pokemon breeders
>turn 2 my whole bench is full of stage 1 and 2 pokemon all with max water energies attached
Fucking radical.
>>
>>25041977
As far as i'm aware you can't even use cards pre-BW anymore in official rules, so who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1367053706436.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1367053706436.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>25041977
>this entire post and thread could've been avoided if you just read the entire card

just fuck my whole shit up family
>>
>>25042051
>>25042487
The funniest part is that the TCG back then was way more broken.
You could play all the 4 Bills, Oak, Breeder, Trader and shit in just one turn.

Blastoise Deck and any variaton of it it's the most broken shit in those GBA games, it's basically an autopilot.
Trader is a better Ultraball; if you don't have a Pokémon to return you can just Bill it out or leaving a spot for Ultraball; Breeder is Rare Candy.

I'm still mad at my younger self thinking that you just needed a lot of Pokémon and Energy back then.
>>
>>25042497
>GBA
>Ultraball

Holy shit I'm dumb. I meant GBC and Master Ball. Master Ball wasn't a card from the Gym Expansion IRL?
>>
In gen 1, you could (pretty easily) draw your entire deck in one turn by chaining Oaks, Bills, and Itemfinders. Gen 2 tried to scale back Trainer cards by adding additional drawbacks, but it slowed the game down too much.

Finally, in the eCard era, they came to a compromise by allowing strong trainers, but only allowing them to be played once per turn as Supporter cards. As time went on, it turned out that "Draw 2 cards" was too weak of an effect for a Supporter. In gen 4, they printed a whole bunch of "Draw 2 cards, then do something else" Supporters, before finally just bumping it up to "Draw 3 cards" in gen 5.
>>
>>25042499
Master Ball and Super Energy Retrieval were both promo cards in Japan before getting officially included in sets.
>>
>>25041977
>using the term "power creep" unironically
Just stop.

They want to keep the game different, and its an easy way to make you interested in the newer cards. Had Tierno have the same effect as Bill, you would be complaining that it's the same.

Also, the yugioh comparison is not entirely bad, but draw power is not as relevant in pokemon as it is in yugioh because in pokemon cards depend more on other cards (a mon usually needs energy cards and its previous stages if its an evolution for example)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.