[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /vp/, I haven't played Pokemon since Silver when I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Hi /vp/, I haven't played Pokemon since Silver when I was a kid, and I saw someone playing Omega Ruby the other day and at first I didn't even think it was the same game, it's come so far.

So I'm planning on buying a 3DS soon so I can play it, what I'm curious about is, will the next mainline title most likely be for 3DS or will Nintendo announce a new handheld?
>>
>>25036687
yes
final game of 3ds is going to be Z
>>
>>25036704

Thanks.
>>
>>25036687
I would recommend you wait for Z, but if you want it more immediately I would recommend X or Y, I think they're far better than ORAS.
>>
>>25036717
That's fucking dumb. If a 3rd version is coming out there's literally no point to get XY.

Get ORAS, OP. It's not as bad as the memers say it is.
>>
>>25036739
It isn't all that good tho.
>>
>>25036739
XY Gives a much more polished and nice impression (pokémon diversity, lumiose city, trainer customization, etc) than ORAS blocky overworld and badly translated routes/cities from the GBA would give. XY is much more adapted to the 3DS, since it was made from the scratch instead of being copy/paste.
>>
>>25036753
OP's last game was fucking Silver. He won't feel the need to complain about how inferior to Emerald ORAS is, with no BF, recycled Maison, unpolished graphics, missing features and post-game comprised mostly of legendary hunting and shoehorned mega evolution.
>>
>>25036687
Get ORAS and Z as soon as it comes out.
>>
>>25036687
Z isn't announced or confirmed. Don't wait, OP. Go get back in the game.
>>
get XY then get ORAS, Z will likely be a sequel
>>
>>25036704
What makes you think it will be the final one?
Nintendo has still to announce a next gen handheld console
And please, don't tell me WiiU
>>
>>25036687
Remember to try to get a 3DS either used or one with exploitable firmware because it's super easy to downgrade now (you can even do it on current firmware but you need to buy shit for that, it's free on exploitable ones). If you downgrade you can get ORAS and a ton of other games for free because it's not worth paying for
>>
>>25036687
I believe that there is at least a new pokemon game for the 3ds gen(probably Z or something similar)
Now if they are about to launch a new next gen handheld console, it would be a good way for them to support it with a new gen of Pokemon.
But I still want to believe that our 3ds will still get a new gen pokemon game, besides Z( if that ever comes out)
>>
>>25037687
A lot of speculation points to NX being a hybrid handheld/console, possibly like a Wii U but with the tablet being a system in its own right
At the very least, it's relatively likely NX will be a platform that both a handheld and a console will run on, considering how Nintendo has consistently been calling NX a "platform" and not a system

Of course, this is all speculation, so take of it what you will
>>
>>25037851
Remember when Black and White released the same month 3DS did?
And then they released B2W2 a year later on DS?

Releasing a new pokemon game for a system near that system's launch would be unprecedented
>>
>>25036687
Well...if your gonna go for it, and you don't mind playing on a smaller screen, I'd say just get the new red/blue collector's edition. It costs the same, and you get the original games for free.

That said, I've played the regular and the xl version, and it's difficult for me to go back to the smaller one.

Also, here's your options for a good pokemon experience. X and Y did a pretty good job of providing fan-service to the pokemon vets who were wishing to get back into series. The beginning of the game is structured to feel like a familiar experience. However, ORAS provided extra content and features, and GF for whatever-the-fuck reason thought not to update X and Y with the extra content.

In my honest opinion, If I were to recommend you a current gen game, I'd say buy X or Y...if X or Y wasn't missing content. I prefer those over ORAS, even though I still enjoyed ORAS.

For a good single player experience, buy X or Y. For a better post-game multiplayer experience, buy ORAS because X and Y lacks the added content.
>>
>>25037882
Yeah, I've heard about that. But if the rumors are true, then it will probably have a high cost, like PS4/XBoxOne. And that is a bit contradictory with the usual cost Nintendo's handheld consoles have.
>>25037897
Indeed.
But we are talking about Nintendo...
>>
File: santalune viridian.png (2MB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
santalune viridian.png
2MB, 1100x618px
>>25037940
>X and Y did a pretty good job of providing fan-service to the pokemon vets who were wishing to get back into the series

I disagree. They basically throw in a ton of references, if not copying wholesale like pic, from Kanto in a "REMEMBER THE '90S?" way. Maybe that'll rope in people who only played RBY and have low standards, but I like to assume people like OP have standards and just aren't caught up with the series.

OP, I recommend emulating Gen 3 through 5 before you try Gen 6. Z will probably be out by the time you finish unless you really plow through them. And if you do plow through them fast, I have to recommend pirating like >>25037842
>>
>>25037989
Damn. It took me this long to notice that.

But I digress, I thought it was still fun. But I have low standards so maybe OP should listen to you instead.
>>
>>25038015
I don't blame you, I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me as well. Valerie's Gym is also the same as Sabrina's in concept (nine rooms with teleporters) though it's not identical at least.
>>
>>25038035
That was probably the point then. Lets travel back to 2013. Me and a bunch of my college friends bought and played this game week 1. As we were playing, we instantly fell in love with it. We all thought it felt extremely familiar, yet somehow remained extremely refreshing. During that week, nobody really took notice on how copy-pasted it felt. We were distracted by the new stuff. There was enough new stuff to make the old feel a little more subtle than it actually was.

Fast forward a couple months to where people start to realize that it was a programmed experience, because everybody felt those same emotions. I don't want to spoil much, for OP's sake, but tell me...what was the first wild encounter you had in those games? It was pidgey, wasn't it? And you fucking lost your shit because of how good and nostalgic it felt.
>>
>>25038093
I think mine was Bunnelby but I could be mistaken.

I don't think my experience was too programmed because I moved at a snail's pace while playing and took breaks because the rivals were so awful that I couldn't even.
>>
>>25036687
get a 2DS
>>
>>25036704
>>25036739
>>25037687
>>25037882
If there's a new handheld waiting, I'm probably going to grab a few on launch day and hoard them until a kernel exploit appears. Worst case scenario I sell them for a slight loss on craigslist.
>>
>>25039899
>get a carpal tunnel syndrome
>>
If you haven't played since Gen 2, you should know you can export your pokemon from each previous generation back to RSE.
>>
Anyone with a n3DSXL able to tell me how the buttons feel compared to the old, first gen, DS?
I was thinking of upgrading soon but the old DS used to gave me cramps in my thumb, so just wondering how they compare.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.