[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are people seeing in this shit? It's just a piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: face.png (116KB, 540x343px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
116KB, 540x343px
What are people seeing in this shit? It's just a piece of official artwork on a boring as fuck background.
>>
>hey dude check out the cover of my 3DS
>whoah charizard's leg? nice
>>
>>25036491
dude its fucking charizard man, my childhood!
i remember playing with my charizard when i was a kid and beating the game with him, overleveled of course
now i can play the pokemon i love and grew up again.
>>
>>25036491
Probably the fact that it's the only acceptable way of getting a normal sized n3DS in America.
>>
>>25036491
Because they want the N3DS more than anything
>>
because regular sized N3DS + coverplates of a franchise I love and 2 games I grew up on

beats getting the Happy Home Designer bundle
>>
Why would you want the regular N3DS over the N3DS XL? Is it cover plate autism?
>>
The Gen 1/2 artwork was good
>>
>>25036518
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer isnt that bad.
Pokemon bundle is $20 cheaper though. Plus, the faceplates will go up in value later on when the n3ds gets cheaper and the pokemon bundle is out of circulation. Not much higher, but better than nothing.
>>
Alright I'm fucking confused here, there's two N3DS', a regular sized one, and an xl?
>>
>>25036979
Yes
NA got only XL and you can get the (only white) normal n3ds in bundles
EU Anon though would prefer that bundle over here to special ediiton 2DS
>>
>>25036838
I have manlett hands, the colored buttons look neat, and it's slightly more portable (I take my current 3DS to campus for streetpasses every day).

Plus yeah, plate autism. I'm tempted to get the bundle, but I'll probably import some different plates and not use the ones it comes with often.
>>
>>25036979
The regular sized one has swappable faceplates and didn't get a proper release in NA. This bundle and the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer bundle are the only ways to get a US non-XL.
>>
>>25037042
This

I don't give a shit about AC, but I want those custom faceplates so this is my only choice
>>
>>25036831
its not xl

the cover plates are whatever

you can play red, blue, yellow, and even green for free and im sure you have already played them all

are you really going to replay red and then replay blue when they are literally the same game?
>>
>>25037298

The xl is shit. Please kill yourself if you think the xl is better in ANY way.
>>
>>25037298
I bet you don't bother with the Pokedex either
>>
Is there something objectively bad about the XL that I don't know about?
Off the top of my head I can only think of:

Better ergonomics for people with smaller hands.
Swappable face plates.
Rarity?
Costs less.

Personally seems pretty worth it to opt for the XL, having a larger screen is nice.
>>
That and the HHD bundle are the only ways to get a normal N3DS in the US, and everyone loves Pokemon so yeah. I might get it if the price drops. That's the only reason I picked up the HHD bundle because it dropped like $70 for a few weeks.
>>
File: vcplates.jpg (229KB, 847x918px) Image search: [Google]
vcplates.jpg
229KB, 847x918px
This is a better faceplate, but still not as good as it could have been.
>>
>>25037572
The larger screen has the same resolution as the small 3DS, therefore, stretching it to fit the bigger screen causes it to be less sharper and more fuzzy compared to the standard one. You're paying for a blown up image.
>>
File: 1332341282039.png (230KB, 503x447px) Image search: [Google]
1332341282039.png
230KB, 503x447px
>>25036518
>>25036932
This.
My brick 3ds is busted as it is. So I been waiting to for regular sized N3ds. So meh. I'll probably buy some 3rd party plates and save the pokemon ones to resale.

Not like I give I fuck, I'm a Venusaur man anyways.
>>
>>25037572
Big one doesn't fit in my pocket.
>>
>>25036843
gen2 already had a lot digital artwork
>>
>>25037666
satan, how do i get that faceplate?
>>
>>25038137
This is true, but once you get used to the XL's larger screen size it's hard to go back because it's not really that big of a deal when you aren't side by siding the two.
The 3DS's resolution is horrible no matter what you do anyway.
>>
File: 1385153574722.jpg (215KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1385153574722.jpg
215KB, 800x500px
The problem is is it worth paying 200 american for something I play every now and then, and for like 2 or 3 games.
Pokemon, smash, and MH.
Hmm.

I do kinda want to get one of the RBY games, but 200 bucks is pricey.
>>
File: 1422899509215.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422899509215.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>25036932
>Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer isnt that bad.
Think about what you just typed. Think about it.
>>
>>25036491
Muh nostalgia! Muh genwun!

>>25036504
kek
>>
yurop and Japan got far superior ones.

That being said, I'd have went out and bought a clear red/blue/yellow new 3DS XL any day of the week.

Why the hell can't we into clear devices?
>>
Looks epic desu
>>
>>25038695

Here's the thing.

If you already have a 3ds or n3ds XL, don't get it and just buy the game by itself.

If you don't and you're looking into getting one, Maybe go ahead and get it.

If too pricy at the moment? than don't kick yourself for not getting it.

If you already got the N3ds because you got the last bundle or they sell them alone in your region, just wait till you find the same kind or similar faceplates being sold separately. There would be barely a difference and I'm positive you will start seeing the faceplates sold online one way or another.

The only value in this bundle is the N3ds itself with its ability of having swapable faceplates. I'm sure (If out of the region where they don't sell the handheld alone.) another bundle will come again with this N3ds model (look at AC:HHD bundle and this one.) and you can purchase it while getting the Red/Blue faceplates elswhere.

My only warning is that I can't promise when the handheld itself will be available again. Could be a couple months, could be more. Bet my butt this sure isn't the last bundle though.
>>
>>25036518
Still no black
so why the fuck?

I remember some years ago that Nintendo themselves considering the 3DS XL White Model to not be popular in the states.

Its like they're purposefully shooting themselves on the foot. Or trying to get some white units out as the only choice before introducing other colors that will undoubtedly kill it.
>>
>>25041385

I can only guess it just visually blends in better colorwise with most existing faceplates and believe Amerifags are picky shits.

Stupid I know but we're thinking Nintendo logic here
>>
>>25037022
So how much of a difference in size between the two?
>>
first you niggas bitch about no all white systems and now you bitch about no all black systems

make up your fucking minds
>>
File: hRbPw5D.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hRbPw5D.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>>25041449
>>
>>25037666
who the fuck has the coverplate up for preorder aside from ebay? I missed out on Amiami and no one else seems to have it
>>
>>25038276
>>25041488
http://www.hlj.com/product/NTDKTR-A-CPC4/Gam
¥1900, ~$16
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.