[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people who browse /vp/ are unironically updating their 3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: 3dsxl.jpg (73KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
3dsxl.jpg
73KB, 1024x934px
>people who browse /vp/ are unironically updating their 3DS to 10.4
When are you guys going to stop being so dumb?
>>
>>25033546
No, I'm not. I don't use my 3DS for Smash.
>>
>>25033546
?????
>>
>>25033546
Explain what you are rven talking about so that people who are not you are also able to understand
>>
I don't care about cheating in a children's game.
>>
>>25033588
Well, that's dumb too. It's not about cheating.

>>25033576
>>25033582
If you are on 10.3 or lower you can (not at the moment though, as 10.4 just came out) downgrade to 9.2. This grants you EVERYTHING that you would have by simply updating it PLUS a lot more, including homebrew, free Pokébank, emulators, every 3DS game you might want (even if it has yet to come out in your region), mods, translations, custom themes and badges. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.
>>
>>25033659
Give me a prepatched rom of neo Y, and teach me how to run it on my 2ds
>>
>>25033546
I don't pirate video games anon nor do I cheat but I understand that you can do other things besides that. however I don't want to break my 3ds when I don't have a job at the moment.
>>
>>25034026
>however I don't want to break my 3ds when I don't have a job at the moment.
Breaking it requires more knowledge than not breaking it does. The only risky part is choosing the right files for the downgrade.

>>25033926
>Give me a prepatched rom of neo Y
I remember someone posting it, but I don't have it. Either hope it's on some pirating website (3dsiso, 3dschaos, 3dsmegawhatever reddit/blogspot) or that someone on >>>/vg/hbg/ has it.

>teach me how to run it on my 2ds
Wait for the downgrade to be safe again if you need it, read everything linked in the op in >>>/vg/hbg/ while you wait.
After downgrading the process basically is: create emunand partition, install cfw, inject FBI, install games. and unlink nands, if you want to. Read the OP and you'll be fine.
>>
>>25033659
I keep getting "failed to get cia info" in sysupdater, and I need help, and /hbg/ is being a bunch of unhelpful faggots. What do?
>>
File: 1408868196818.jpg (136KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
1408868196818.jpg
136KB, 640x569px
Hey, quick question since I'm here on /vp/:

I've downgraded my N3DS to 9.2, but I want to get a different friend safari from it. If I perform a system reset, will I still be on version 9.2 no matter how much I do it? And will the Safari even reset on 9.2?
>>
>>25034152
Stop trying and wait for it to be safe again. If you get a softbrick now, you will be forced to update to 10.4.
That's normal by the way, as it has a low booting rate. You WOULD have to keep trying until it works. But don't for now. If you want to do something, learn about what you'll need after downgrading.

>>25034188
It will not update unless you tell it to. I suggest you to use TinyFormat instead of the official Nintendo thing though, so you won't have your SD card content deleted. Also, you can do it in an emunand. You can also have multiple formatted emunands, which, as far as I know, should result in you basically having any Safari you want, if you have enough space (one emunand is 1/2 GB large, you can also back them up and restore them as you will using Emunand Tool or Emunand Tools Max).
>>
>>25034049
You are incredibly helpful m8 thanks a lot
>>
>>25034314
Oh, thank you!
>>
>>25034228
I've already downgraded 3 3DSs without incident, this one's just refusing to work. I was just hoping to get this one working so I can give it to friends to borrow.You think they'll actually make sysupdater worthwhile or is it about as good as it's going to get? I mean as far as improving install rates, I'm not worried about softbricking since I've never had that happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 200x160px
>still at 10.3
>don't need to pirate, don't need to downgrade
>can still run ROMhacks through HANS
>can still edit save files
>all using ironhax Homebrew which Nintendo is jumping through hoops to destroy in 10.4
>I'm one update away but I'll never do it
Feels good
>>
>>25034433
>You think they'll actually make sysupdater worthwhile or is it about as good as it's going to get?
In my opinion, the only thing that has been keeping this from happening was the lack of a 10.4 update. I guess we'll see some new developments soon.

>>25034459
>all using ironhax Homebrew which Nintendo is jumping through hoops to destroy in 10.4
You might want to install Shufflehax then. Ironfall is going to force you to update if you don't have the latest version apparently. Check what Smea said on Twitter.
Also, you're missing out on NTR and emuNAND. You might want to look into those.
>>
>>25033546
I used to care about homebrew and hacking. Now all that interest me are building a physical game collection and playing online. Could be that I'm just too old for that shit now.
>>
>>25034488
You can still do both though. Well, whatever.
>>
>>25034485
Ironfall is only forced to update if you update the system to 10.4.
I have no idea what NTR is in this context.
I don't need emuNAND because I don't plan on downgrading so there's no need to emulate a non-downgraded system.
I also habe no idea what you're referring to as Shufflehax. There's no Homebrew exploit for Pokemon Shuffle. Are you talking about the save editing tool? Because I have that on my computer right now.
>>
>>25034508
>I don't need emuNAND because I don't plan on downgrading so there's no need to emulate a non-downgraded system.
You are going to need it in the future though.

>I also habe no idea what you're referring to as Shufflehax.
Shuffle function for the home menu themes. It's the newest menuhax that also works on 10.3.

>NTR
It has most of the features HANS has. Unless you care about not having to repack the romfs, experimental savestates, the debugger, cheats (as in reading and writing to virtual memory) and screenshots that don't require an additional tool to be used on your PC you're not going to get much from it.
>>
how do you find out what version of a game you have? I have Iron Fall that I downloaded but don't know what version it is.

also, do you have to have the full game for Ironhax or will the demo work?
>>
>>25033926
This just got posted in /hbg/
http://pastebin.com/SYxBj16f

- Pokemon Neo Y 1.33 Lite
https://mega.co.nz/#!4YAgzAqa!kx-Pl2YVEbc_rZ73ZWP4ZlUAh6MOxVoCOVSlw3qDHO0

- Pokemon Neo Y 1.33 Full
https://mega.co.nz/#!9Ix1WYTb!x58we1d_KL0mZYbbuh0x4Lx-FIvPOPzswgkPWv0uEjE
>>
>>25033546
>i-it was my friend/sister/girlfriend not me, i swear!!
>>
>>25034692
It's funny, an anon on hbg got his 3DS downgraded by his girlfriend earlier today
>>
>piratefags pushing people to hack and downgrade
>downgrading is still in open retard beta testing
>actual piracy can fuck up and require an entire restart
>3DS hasn't reached PSP's level of homebrew
>piratefags will push gamedevs away from a console they won't see as much revenue from
Anons, 10.4 dropped. Its time to stop until the 3DS is dead and Nintendo moved on
>>
>>25034713
>piratefags pushing people to hack and downgrade
I don't even care about pirating that much. There's a lot of stuff you can do.

>downgrading is still in open retard beta testing
The only way to brick with it is using the wrong downgrade files. Also, you'd need to wait now as you would have to update if you get a softbrick.

>actual piracy can fuck up and require an entire restart
Are you lying or are you just uninformed?

>3DS hasn't reached PSP's level of homebrew
Heh, it's a lot better than it used to be two years ago. At least people actually release their stuff now, apart from the SALT team.

>piratefags will push gamedevs away from a console they won't see as much revenue from
The 3DS is near the end of its life already, and that's not necessarily true, since you exist and I still plan to buy the games I wanted to buy before I got my CFW ten months ago.
>>
>>25034647
curious for this too since I have Iron Fall too and haven't touched it in forever
>>
>>25033546
Well of course I am. I can do whatever I damn well please when I have more then 3DS.
>>
>>25034647
The demo is fine. I'm not sure about checking, I guess it tells you in the title screen or something.
>>
>>25034761
>don't care argument
>arguing over it
>homebrew is shit
>successful downgrades can't consistently pull it off or help people through their special problems
>fbi installer
>3ds CIA sites
>>better than two years ago
>moving the goalposts
>one person matters in overall sales
>N3DS has literal exclusives
I know the 3DS still has some life in it yet, but piratefags are going to kill it, shit in the coffin and dance on its grave. Then cry why the next console isn't getting hacked or having any new/good games made for it.
>>
>>25034647
1.1 is the one you need, and it says what version it is on the title screen I think.
>>
>>25034713
I'm not updating to 10.4 because I want to keep playing my emulators on something with decent button controls.
but I'm certainly not downgrading until there's a reason for it other than piracy. if you brick your machine trying to steal licences, then that's just karma.

Though yeah, you're right, more work needs to be done into creating homebrew titles for the 3ds, not just keeping it viable. viability without cause is silly to hold onto so tightly.

Cutom themes are alright, and the ability to do rom-patches and edit savedata is certainly a nice feat to have attained. lets you anti-jew pokemon shuffle, gen in competitive teams on the fly, play romhacks.
wait those are all pokemon titles.

Is there just nothing else worth tampering with on the 3ds?
I saw monster hunter had a save editor somebody made, but why would you bother, you're just making a finished file then, you're skipping all the fun and game.
>>
>>25034834
>don't care argument
>arguing over it
>successful downgrades can't consistently pull it off or help people through their special problems
>fbi installer
>3ds CIA sites
>moving the goalposts
I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate with this, or when I moved the goalpost.

>homebrew is shit
That's just your opinion, I'm actually having fun messing around with it.

>better than two years ago
I'm not sure why you were expecting it to be as good as the PSP. If anything, that was an exception. This is probably the best the 3DS will have. The only thing I can complain about is that no one cares about developing a DS game/homebrew launcher and a DS save editor. It's a lot better than what it used to be when the only things that were going on were Gateway making money out of restriction they made just for that and people bragging about stuff they don't plan to release.

>one person matters in overall sales
That was more of a generic you, there's still a lot of people buying the games. I don't want to have much of a discussion about piracy, as it's not going to lead to anything, but if it manages to increase the popularity of the console it is going to give money to both Nintendo and the developers either way. It happened with the DS, where they couldn't block piracy that easily, why would it be worse now that they can block it just by getting people to press a button? Most people who own a 3DS are unaware of this stuff. They know about Powersaves at best, and I'm pretty sure most of /vp/ is going to downgrade. Piracy is easy if you can read about ten lines on what you need to do and what you need to avoid, but just look at how many anons in /hbg/ struggle with that and complain about it not being as easy as a DS flashcard and you'll realize piracy isn't the biggest problem after all. Also, Nintendo isn't even trying to stop people who already got everything set up even though they easily could, and I guess there might be a marketing decision behind that.
>>
>>25034834
>N3DS has literal exclusives
An exclusive, a forced digital only """exclusive""" that's also available on other consoles and a game that doesn't run well on the original 3DS but they're releasing regardless for some reason. The DSi had exclusives too, you know? They didn't matter either.

>but piratefags are going to kill it
It's going to end soon either way. It is still getting new games though, and piracy has been extremely easy for abut a year now. Do you think the situation would be different now if piracy wasn't so easy a year ago?
>>
>>25034908
>if you brick your machine trying to steal licences, then that's just karma.
How do you think you'd end up bricking it?
>>
>>25034933
>Do you think the situation would be different now if piracy wasn't so easy a year ago?
https://youtu.be/OtI3ghO4jZ8?t=1m40s

But seriously. Pirates aren't a real problem for Nintendo. I've never heard of piracy killing a console. Too many regular people have some kind of moral obligation that prevents them from just taking what they want, so they buy it. We're the tiny minority who have the know-how and the will to do it. I may not personally be a pirate, but they wouldn't get a cent from me, and they didn't get anything from me when I bought the console, sicnce it was second hand. I basically never buy new games. I don't understand why people consider piracy worse than buying used, other than "hurr durr secondary sellers suffer", except big name DS games still go for as much as 3DS games do, thanks gamestop.
>>
>>25034908
You have to be a moron to brick it. Also, emulators run better on CFW.
>>
>>25034908
There are only three ways to brick.
-Running sysupdater in sysnand and update/downgrade using the wrong files, possibly getting past a warning
-Launching some specific homebrews you shouldn't mess around with if you don't know what you're doing, possibly having to do some button combination you don't know about, and "restoring" a bad nand dump or using a random file instead of it.
-Getting signature patched in sysnand so you can launch FBI and once there press R, then L two/three times, then select random stuff, press A to get past a warning saying that you're probably going to end up bricking your thing and then press A again to confirm that you really want to.

None of it is something you can do by accident. The second one might be, particularly if you use some unstable rxTools nightly instead of decrypt9 (which is really dumb), but you're not supposed to use that feature or to mess around with it if you don't know it is.
>>
>>25034964
I dunno, I've never had a reason to try it, as again, never been provided a reason to downgrade other than piracy.
If you really want to know, go ask all the people complaining about bricking and futilly asking "guys how do I fix it"
It seems like a pretty common fussbudgetting.
>>
>>25034993
I've never really had any problems with what I've got.
Unless it can do ds games as well. I've been avoiding shelling out for a new r4, as the one a friend gave me cause he couldn't figure out how to make it work and thought he broke it only goes up to normal DS, and I'd really like to continue Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on something I don't have held together with duct tape and can store in my pocket without constant fear if breakage.
>>
>>25033546
Luckily i downgraded last week, sysnand is 9.2 and i'm not touching it ever again
>>
Just fyi, Browserhax and Menuhax still work perfectly on 10.4
>>
>>25035100
for record, the DS is the thing broken (the hinge) not the r4. it was fine, he was just stupid and deleted a bunch of files it needed to run. All I had to do was re-install the kernel.
I even tried to explain that to him and he was just all, ehh, too much hassle, you keep it.

I guess when you've got government money, sure why not.
>>
>>25033546
I don't do any hacks or w.e so..
>>
>>25035083
>and futilly asking "guys how do I fix it"
If they have a NAND backup like they should they could get it hardmodded, but if they managed to brick it I guess they're not going to be able to do that by themselves.

>It seems like a pretty common fussbudgetting.
I guarantee you that it's less common than you think. If you read through /hbg/ you see a lot of people struggling with it, but there hasn't been a brick by someone who didn't do risky stuff on purpose in months. It's probably that when someone actually bricks they complain about it a little too much or people like to make fun of them or something.

>>25035100
>Unless it can do ds games as well.
Sadly, not yet.

>as the one a friend gave me cause he couldn't figure out how to make it work and thought he broke it only goes up to normal DS
When is that flashcard from? Has it ever worked on a DSi/3DS before? If the answers are 2011 (or later) and/or yes, then it will most likely work if you install the timewarp/bluecardfix whitelist .cia file.

>>25035120
Memchunkhax2 doesn't though.

>>25035139
Why not?
>>
>>25035147
I fairly certain it's this.

http://www.r4-usas.com/products/R4-DS-for-DS-and-DS-lite-consoles..html
>>
File: ds-compatability.png (12KB, 522x36px) Image search: [Google]
ds-compatability.png
12KB, 522x36px
>>25035165
Well then.
>>
>>25035165
at least 2007, if youtube unboxing videos are anything to go by.

>>25035171
Well sure, but he's saying he's got magic recoding that could possibly lift those restrictions.
lets at least hear the man out.
>>
>>25035177
Heh, I think that might actually work, if I remember correctly there's an alternative kernel for it that I'm pretty sure was still developed at least until a year ago or something. Good luck.
>>
>>25035193
where would I go about finding that?
>>
>>25035242
GBAtemp is probably the easiest place where you could find it, I'm not sure about something specific I could help you out with though.
>>
Hey dorks is it possible towatch twitch on 3dsxl?
>>
>>25035367
Twitch requires Flash, doesn't it?
Well, you can't. If it supports HTML5, then MAYBE it would work on a New 3DS, but as far as I know it doesn't.
>>
>>25033546
On n3DS 10.3 with ironhax and oothax.
Just checking, it's safe to go and install menuhax so that I can update (gotta get my pokebank) and not have to always use oot to boot up, right?
>>
>>25035409
I heard menuhax works on 10.4, but I suggest you to wait until you can downgrade, then update emuNAND to 10.4, get your Pokémon back from the bank and then use the homebrew bank so you don't have to pay for it or need an internet connection.
>>
>>>25035380
Thats a fucking shame. Nintendo needs something new and fast. Time to drop the crappy 3d gimick even though its their thing and release a solid handheld with tech of the time. This browser is so painfully bad. And this 3dsxl supposedly got an upgrade? Can't wrap my mind around how much shitter it used to be.
>>
>>25035412
>don't need an internet connection
Are you telling me bank pokemon are stored on my system, not the server? Damn that's news to me.
Is there any point in downgrading if I don't want to pirate shit or play romhacks though? Literally all I use homebrew for is dumping my pokemon save to check the exact IVs of eggs and such.
>>
>>25035430
>This browser is so painfully bad.
That has not much to do with the hardware, really.

>And this 3dsxl supposedly got an upgrade?
The New3DS/New3DSXL did, not the 3DS/3DSXL/2DS.
>>
>>25035445
Yes. There is a point. Nintendo IS going to block your homebrew if you don't downgrade, while downgrading lets you update while keeping everything. Do you remember people crying because they couldn't use homebrew if they updated past 9.5 and shitposted about Smea's kickhax 2.5 not being ready? Well, that's why it happened, they didn't install their CFW and Nintendo blocked them out of homebrew.

>Are you telling me bank pokemon are stored on my system, not the server?
The official bank stores them in the server, the homebrew bank stores them in your SD card.
>>
>>25035447
I didnt mean astheticlly [not even touvhing that] I meant how much juice is left on reserve for non gaming aspects and processing. I see it as a hardware issue, a major one at that. I am talking as an owner of the new3dsxl. Really cant imagine what they improved with the way this thing stands.

Shame they're stuck with 3d now. Specifically half assed 3d for 'special' areas only. Completely wasted potential.
>>
>>25035484
>I didnt mean astheticlly
Neither did I. I think the browser could be improved if they just cared about it.
>>
>>25035460
Okay so I should downgrade, got it. I read the pastebins on it when it first happened a week or so ago, is there one with details on how that's changed since 10.4 is out? If I softbrick then I have to go to 10.4 and I'm locked out, so is there a different route to take from the beginning?
>>
>>25035517
Nope, at the moment you'd have to gamble and hope you get it on the first try. Which is why I guess you should wait on 10.3 for a while and see what happens.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (34KB, 596x800px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
34KB, 596x800px
>>25035527
Okay, thanks a bunch
>>
>>25035517
i've heard browser and menuhax still work.
Which means OoThax can be installed at 10.4.
plus ninjhax and smashhax still exist too.

from there, you can try again I think.
>>
>>25033546
i'm updating it ironically
>>
File: 20160119_064339.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_064339.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>25033546
:^)
>>
>>25035588
That's fine, I'm pretty sure you are prepared for that. It's nice to see someone with an hardmod and a NAND backup!
>>
>>25035595
Or an emunand. I still haven't bothered to update though, only game that requires it is Shuffle and I barely play it nowadays.
>>
>implying there's any games worth pirating on the 3DS
>implying the PSP isn't much nicer for emulation
>>
>>25033546
I updated my n3ds, but my o3ds is sitting pretty at 9.2.
>>
So I'm actually interested in hacking my 3DS.

My fucking problem is that all of these tutorials always tell me there's a million ways it can fail, the tutorials are long as shit, and the benefits seem not really worth it.

Like I wouldn't mind having some free game, but for the most part it's worth it to support a company I like and to reduce the risk of bricking my beautiful 3DS.

Fucking convince me it's worth it and show me a tutorial that doesn't make me feel like I'm disarming a bomb.
>>
>>25039043
>I updated my n3ds
Why?

>>25039044
Don't follow a tutorial. Read them and lurk GBAtemp and /hbg/ a little. You'll see what everyone struggles with and in a short while you'll know everything you need to know.
>>
Is there a video tutorial of how to do this? I have been out of the loop for a month or so,my N3DS is on 10.3 I think and I have Ironhax.I also have access to OOTHAX
>>
>>25039304
A lot. But make sure you read and watch multiple guides and lurk a bit on gbatemp and /hbg/ before attempting. You're not going to do it right now anyway.
>>
>>25033546
I upgraded my emunand to 10.4
>>
>>25033546
Because I have a 2nd 3DS that I don't update that I use for things that I, as a user, should be able to do freely with the goddamned hardware I bought.
>>
How to downgrade? I was unaware it was possible.
>>
>>25039684
At the moment you don't, as you might get a softbrick and be forced to update.
Just don't go past 10.3 and wait for it to be safe again. Read about it on /hbg/ and GBAtemp in the meanwhile.
>>
Well fug

I guess when downgrading is more stable i'd be more interested

I've been wanting to play LBX but it has no demo
>>
I have a spare 2DS on a really old firmware I used for injecting anyways, if I wanna mod I'll mod that and keep my regular 3DS updated for physical games

Even then I have zero interest in modding my 3DS until it's retard proof like the PSP is
>>
>>25039009
mH4U, shovelknight, smash
>>
>>25039829
there's a reason why a lot of games don't have demos anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM6LoaqEnY
>>
>>25039389Yeah I have an account on there,been posting for two years but threads go so fast its a chore to backtrack through pages of irrelevant stuff haha
>>
>>25041624
>not enjoying gbatemp shitposting
>>
>>25039844
You realize that you can make an emunand and update that right?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.