[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bone rush hitting hawlucha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: hawlucha.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hawlucha.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Is it okay for the anime to ignore type immunities when they don't make sense or should it be more accurate to the games?
>>
yeah that's fine. Anime is based on games and doesn't follow the games completely plus it looks cooler.

And it makes sense. I mean why would a light saber shaped as a bone not hit a luchador bird?
>>
>immaterial lightsaber bone rush
>when bone rush was Marowak's signature move
>Marowak, who had a physical bone club on him at all times

I'M GETTING REALLY FUCKING SICK OF PHYSICAL MOVES HAVING RETARDED EPHEMERAL FORMS IN THE ANIME.
>>
>>25017115
The anime follows Mystery Dungeon rules anyway.
>>
>>25017137
well there is no other way to animate bone rush if the pokemon isn't holding a real bone
>>
You have it the other way round OP, Bone rush not hitting flying Pokemon in the games is what doesn't make sense.
>>
>>25017149
>realizing almost every ground type attack is either a projectile (even despite being physical like bonemerang) or a physical attack

Ground immunity should apply to only earthquake and then make flying/levitate mons only resist the others.
>>
>>25017115
It's totally okay. In fact, the anime should go back to Pokemon being able to use more than four moves. This adherence to game mechanics is fucking autistic.
>>
>>25017115
different Universe with different laws of physics.
>>
Could just make it Ground base and Rock secondary type, sort of like Flying Press or even Freeze Dry with a description of, "This move has no immunities". Or something to that effect.
>>
>>25017115
>the bone never leaves his hand
>>
>>25017245
it's Bone Rush not Bonemerang
>>
>>25017137
How the fuck else should Lucario use bone rush?
>>
>>25017115
If anything the game should be more accurate to the anime. The anime usually makes a lot more sense than the games do. And that's fine. What I'm saying is that are fine as they are and you need stop being a little whiny bitch,
>>
>>25017249
Rip off its arm, then rip the bone out and hit the opponent with it I guess.
>>
File: Creator of Pokémon.jpg (37KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
Creator of Pokémon.jpg
37KB, 500x652px
>>25017252
No. Hell! No.
Game is perfect as it.
Game freak know what their doing.
>>
>>25017252
if I remember there was an episode where a snotty kid that said Misty was easy to beat since he used a simulator(which looked like RBY) to beat her with a Weepinbell

they proceeded to have a real battle and the kid gets his shit kicked in.

the anime established it pretty early that Games =/= Anime
>>
>>25017265
Which is what my point was...
>>
>>25017258
That would be really fucking metal. Way too cool for a sterile and inoffensive show like Pokemon.
>>
>>25017286
I fucking hate that /vp/ is the underage central.
>>
>>25017137
Bone club and bonemerang were Marowaks signature moves you doofus, bone rush didnt even exist until gen 4
>>
>>25017292
I'm 21. But Pokemon is targeted towards underage kids so it should come to no surprise that /vp/'s crawling with underage faggots.

Since ripping your own arm off and using it like a club is too violent for your puritan eyes, how about this: Lucario's paw spike thingies grow extremely long and he breaks the spike off.
>>
>>25017265
Do you have a source for that? It sounds fucking hilarious but it's too good for be true.
>>
>>25017249
It shouldn't get it.
>>
>>25017292
>anything that isn't as soft as MLP or the Ashinime is le drim dark edgy and bad
>>
>>25017377
>implying I was implying that

It's not metal. It's fucking retarded. That's was my problem with it. But good job Sherlock.
>>
>>25017258
That sounds very inefficient and dumb f4m
>>
>>25017217
>the anime should go back to Pokemon being able to use more than four moves.
Fuck no. The fact that Pokemon have 4 very distinct moves and no more is what makes the battles so interesting. I've already said that in the anime thread, it's the perfect occasion for mindgames, strategies, use of anime physics and gives the Trainers a much better role rather than just "oh he's using this attack? I guess I'll break through with THIS attack"

Having a limited arsenal and using it to its fullest by adapting your orders and considering each attack is different in terms of physics and battle impact, it's even better to see Satoshi come up with those strategies and win the battle in the most kickass way.
Pikachu:
>Thunderbolt: continous flow of electricity, not physical aspect
>Electro Ball: electricity condensed into "physical" form, can be used to perform aerial gimmicks, can be knocked back like an actual ball
>Iron Tail: The "sword attack", allows good CQC and use of physics (break the ground, use of the enemy attack's momentum to gain mobility, etc.), can repel enemy attacks
>Quick Attack: Priority move, perfect for fight initiation or closing, optimum for closing distance quickly, can be used in conjunction with another attack for a stronger impact

Each Pokemon has 4 attacks that have very different properties and make a very definite fighting style and it's up to the Trainer to draw as much advantage from it as possible.
>>
>>25017115
AIM FOR THE HORN
>>
>>25017155
They should make it so

Earthquake
Nature Power
Bulldoze
Magnitude
Land's Wrath

can't hit Flying/Levitate pokemon, but

Mud Slap
Mud Shot
Mud Bomb
Bone Rush

hit for NVE damage
>>
>>25017115

Anime isn't limited by RPG mechanics.

In the games, Bone Rush is only a Ground-type move because Cubone and Marowak are, so they can get STAB.

The move has nothing to do with the ground. It's just hitting your enemy with a bone. There's zero reason why Hawlucha shouldn't be affected.
>>
>>25017115

Since when did the animations improve this much?
>>
>>25017546
Since based Director appeared and people started giving a fuck.
People shit of the anime just because they are biaised regarding its poor past iterations. The current attempt is honestly great and you should try it.
>>
>>25017269
Yes. She also said something along the lines of "THAT's a video game. THIS is real life, and real life is a lot more complex than what a game can portray."
>>
>>25017554

Pokemon: XY as a whole is like that? Worth checking out then
>>
>>25017567
Yes. It got a colossal budget increase.

The dub is worse than ever, though. Don't watch the dub.
>>
File: Lucario_henshin.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario_henshin.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>25017567
Not as a whole, there's a shitload of fillers as usual and some side stories don't have as much impact as people think they do. The Gym Leader matches are just nicely orchestrated, and the anime is still a nice battle shounen with lots of teasing, competition angst, some training, friendship... The usual.
XY&Z showed some nice anime only gimmicks and a plot appeared with much suffering so it's all good.
>>
File: 1443151488311.png (2MB, 987x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443151488311.png
2MB, 987x720px
>>25017144
Then don't make them use the fucking move. Over 600 moves and they choose the one that is not only a signature attack of another Pokemon, but is physically impossible in this current situation.

I'm so fucking sick of this Lucario dicksucking.
>>
>>25017115
Do you think moves just go right through the Pokemon are some shit? Is it so hard to believe that they actually get hit by it, and it just doesn't really damage them?
>>
>>25017608
>Pokemon dives head first
>take bone and hit him

>physically impossible
Anime =/= games
>>
File: 1407128462428.jpg (63KB, 556x617px) Image search: [Google]
1407128462428.jpg
63KB, 556x617px
>>25017624
Listen, dumbass, the Lucario in this situation created a bone out of fucking nowhere just so it could use Bone Rush. This attack requires a bone to use. Why did it need to create something out of thin air so it could use an attack it couldn't possibly use otherwise? There are 621 moves to select from, and the animators decide "let's make him form something out of energy so he can use this move instead of letting him use something more natural".

I'm not complaining about the logic behind the move actually hitting. Bone Rush requires a physical bone, and he just magics up one to use this 1/621 move. Why not use something that makes more sense, like Close Combat, or Metal Claw, or even Dragon Pulse?
>>
>>25017249
With its boner______
>>
>>25017646

Bone Rush is a move Lucario actually learns by level-up in the games

Since aura/energy are Lucario's whole schtick, and it doesn't carry a bone around, the logical conclusion is that Lucario uses its power to make an energy

That, and it just looks cool
>>
>>25017115
To be honest, I think the moves should take a more logical turn.
>>
>>25017115
The anime conveniently changes mechanics to serve the narrative.
>>
>>25017646
>Pokemon can use his aura to create a sphere that damages someone
>complains that said Pokemon uses his aura to create something different

Bone Rush has different characteristics: it can be used as a CQC attack, as a bat to send projectiles back or as a projectile in itself if I remember correctly. It's a versatile attack that also allows to have Ground typing to create a sense of danger with Pikachu's type. Besides, Lucario learns Bone Rush in the games so I don't see what you are getting so autistic about when the source material goes along.
>>
>>25017137

They're superpowered creatures.

Did you really think that Pokemon just punched/scratched each other and nothing more?
>>
>>25017665
It SHOULDN'T learn it even in the games is what we're saying.
>>
>>25017692
It's too late for that
>>
Since Lucario seems to be loosely based on Anubis (humanoid with a canine head, being able to judge whether someone is good or bad by reading their soul/aura), I think Bone Rush is just a reference to the staff Anubis is often depicted carrying, or to Anubis's role as the God of Death
>>
>>25017692
No. The argument was originally the aspect of said attack, with was explained with Lucario being able to have his aura take form the way he wants. Then you guys threw in the excuse of "muh signature attack" when it was actually not one. Then you said "the Lucario in this situation created a bone out of fucking nowhere", point that answered before.
Your complaint about the fact that Lucario actually learns the attack in the games comes from this message I'm replying to, and not before. If you are too autistic to thing that Lucario cannot have his Aura take the form and properties of a bone, it's not out problem. Send a fucking letter to GF and stop whining here, you goalpost-moving idiot
>>
>>25017741
If I may state my opinion, I think signature attacks are bad for the metagame.
>>
File: Hiori_Lucario_Bone_Rush[1].png (106KB, 650x476px) Image search: [Google]
Hiori_Lucario_Bone_Rush[1].png
106KB, 650x476px
There was a manga called Pokemon Phantom Thief 7 that depicted Lucario's Bone Rush as it just punching the other Pokemon.

Needless to say, it looks stupid, which is why the anime's lightsaber interpretation carried over into Adventures and Pokken.
>>
>>25017734
or maybe it's because Lucario is a dog and in cartoons, dogs often have bones with them.
>>
>>25017115
The only thing that happened was that Hawlucha got pushed back by the Bone Rush. The damage didn't happen. It isn't like that time where Hawlucha tried to Flying Press a Trevenant only to just phase through because it was a Ghost and Ghost immunity.
>>
>>25017249
He's a dog. He should have sniffed for a second, dug a small hole, punched underground and pulled up a bone to fight with.
>>
>>25017265
I wish that were a real quote.
>>
>>25017269
Webm or it didnt happen
>>
>>25017582
I wish more people would be Chuuni with their mega shinka poses.
>>
>>25017269
Then she gets her ass kicked by a Graveler.
>>
>>25017692
Wow you sure are autistic.
>>
File: dank.png (50KB, 413x450px) Image search: [Google]
dank.png
50KB, 413x450px
>>25017646
?????????????
>>
>>25019048
Are you legitimately retarded? No one is saying Lucario doesn't have the move, what we're saying is he shouldn't have that specific move because it makes no sense
>>
>>25017826
Both those things are actually rooted in the same concept. Anubis and other jackal-headed Egyptian deities, such as Saqqar, were associated with death because jackals would dig up buried human remains to munch on them. Just like dogs chew on bones in cartoons or real life.
>>
>>25017115
Is it because he is half fighting?
>>
File: 1449108510861[1].webm (350KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449108510861[1].webm
350KB, 640x480px
>>25019109

>trying to apply logic to Pokemon

We're talking about a superpowered humanoid canine who can throw hadoukens and turn the spikes on his wrists into Wolverine claws.

Lucario's whole theme is energy attacks, and Pokemon use energy to supplement physical attacks all the time, so a bone-shaped staff made out of energy isn't a stretch.
>>
>>25017997
That... actually makes a lot of sense. Can't expect them to do all that when they can just get away with him throwing a lightsaber though.
>>
>>25018861
It did happen, in johto
>>
>>25019287
Kanto, actually.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.