[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's suppose for a moment that in the RBY 3DS release all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Let's suppose for a moment that in the RBY 3DS release all 721 current Pokemon will be included.

How would the experience change?
>>
>24992330
http://sanqui.rustedlogic.net/randomizer/#pokered>
>>
>>24992330
We would have more pokémon.
>>
>>24992330
Adding in that many Pokemon just wouldn't work.

They'd have to start making the games from scratch.
>>
File: Pokémon Master - Quest.jpg (275KB, 651x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Master - Quest.jpg
275KB, 651x1000px
>>24992330
They can't. that's too much data for original Pokémon games.
>>
How the hell do you think they'd be able to put all 721 Pokemon in one small region? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>24992330
I don't think they could fit that many pokemon in gen 1 Kanto
They should just add Johto pokemon though
The rest are whatever
>>
>>24992330
A lot of Pokemon would have no type due to their types not existing, and many Pokemon would be nonfunctional or indistinct due to not having abilities, such as Shedinja.
>>
Where would they even put all of those pokemon?
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_%28Generation_II%29

Once you've added Johto, there's only room for 4 more Pokemon.
>>
File: 1448158709909.png (293KB, 494x501px) Image search: [Google]
1448158709909.png
293KB, 494x501px
>It can't fit!
All these replies are just shitposting, right?

They could do whatever the hell they want to it, especially if it's not just a GBC rom packaged in its own little emulator.

Just give it bank compatibility, apply all the mechanical changes, add some extra data for the new mons, attacks, and abilities. Bam.

Wouldn't need to fit new encounters into the game. You could just transfer newer Pokemon over from the 3DS games.

Of course, there's no way in hell Gamefreak would put in that much work. Which is a shame, I'd love to see the new Pokemon and mechanics done in the old style.
>>
>>24993230
>all that wasted time and money on something that's going to make money anyways
lol
>>
>>24993268
>Of course, there's no way in hell Gamefreak would put in that much work.
Yes, I do believe I just acknowledged this.
>>
>>24992350
It would fill kanto and johto and surrounding islands
>>
>>24992676
Randomly generate 251 using friend code as a RNG seed.
>>
When will someone make a GBC hack that has all regions and all Pokémon and you can go to any region after beating the E4 of the one you choose to start in? Who doesn't want this?
>>
>How would the experience change?
I'd have a boner all the time when I'm playing it instead of just occasionally.
>>
>>24995107
As someone who's looked into what it would take to increase the number of Pokémon slots in Gen 1 or Gen 2, you have to pretty much rewrite the whole game to call a 16-bit value instead of an 8-bit (as in, 0000 to FFFF instead of 00 to FF). Even with the disassembly, it'd be a ton of work from someone competent at coding with assembly.

As to any region, you don't want that. You really, really don't want that. You think you want that, but I've seen the attempts of someone who wanted to make a hack like that and it wasn't pretty.

Also keep in mind nobody's successfully demade even one region in GBC without the project falling apart. All that shit you're asking is too much for even the most autistically dedicated to do.

>>24993180
It's actually just room for two, because index numbers 00 and FF are used for not having any Pokémon and the cancel function respectively and using a Pokémon in those slots would cause some wacky fucking glitches.
>>
Well if the coding is still the same half the Pokemon would be shit because they're either
1. not psychic
2. Fighting
3. Poison
>>
>>24993230
if its not the original GBC rom (which cannot hold more than GSC), then they'd essentially be making a new game from scratch aside from assets and engine.

its why no fan project has done it yet. we discuss this like, once a month. can we just have a copypasta or repostable image already and be done with it?
>>
So basically a full Kanto remake but with retro graphics?
>>
Genwunners would complain for "fakemon" being added to their childhood game.
>>
>>24995947
fuck off idiot go live in hoenn you phaggot.
>>
>>24993282
Then don't bother posting
>>
>>24992339
Just made my day.
>>
>>24995947
>being so mad you make things up to get mad about
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.