[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good rule of thumb to know if the move uses attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Bite_V.gif (18KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Bite_V.gif
18KB, 256x192px
What's a good rule of thumb to know if the move uses attack or special?

I previous used attack = physical and special = everything else, but I recently saw that's not always true.
>>
>>24990040

Also why did Bite become dark? It's as normal as possible, anyone can bite.
>>
File: 1437505568399.png (45KB, 121x204px) Image search: [Google]
1437505568399.png
45KB, 121x204px
>>24990040
in gen 1-3 there are specific types that will be physical or Special

4 Introduced the physical special Split
go to the move there is a icon that'll show its physical ,Special or neither

this is pretty common knowledge

>>24990045
biting in a fight is considered Cheap
even though there monsters
>>
File: 020Raticate.png (148KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
020Raticate.png
148KB, 431x431px
>>24990047
> biting in a fight is considered Cheap

Is this... seriously the reason?

I mean, what do they expect a Raticate to do?

And Super Fang isn't a way of bitting?
>>
>>24990053
well Super fang and hyper fang were raticate exclusive for the longest time so that's why it was normal
>>
>>24990063

So they are not bitting?
>>
Bite was likely changed to dark to have some low damage dark attacks in the game. There was already more than enough normal type attacks.
>>
>>24990063
>>24990065
They're Rattata/Raticate's signature moves.
If you can't accept that then it's because they have big incisors and use their teeth as a legitimate fighting style rather than a cheap tactic.
>>
Why is Sandstorm Rock type when Sand Tomb and Sand-Attack are Ground type?
Why are Mind Reader and Psych Up Normal type instead of Psychic type?
Why you can hit ghost with a wing, but can't hit it with a fist?
>>
>>24990255
Ghost types should lose immunity to normal and fighting, then have an ability replaced with one that makes then take no damage from physical attacks.

Hire me GF
>>
>>24990229
fuck off faggot
>>
>>24990229

Why is bitting with a huge fang more acceptable than bitting with a moderate smaller fangs?

I mean, why shouldn't a dog-like Pokémon bite? It would be like saying it's cheap for a bird to 'peck'.
>>
Who gives a fuck? There's hardly any dark type moves compared to the gorillions of normal type moves. And if anything Mega Punch and Mega Kick SHOULDN'T be normal type.
>>
>>24990402
> Who gives a fuck?

People who like consistency.

> There's hardly any dark type moves compared to the gorillions of normal type moves.

So GF should invent some new dark moves. Other games can think of a lot of shadow based attacks and spells, so GF can probably think of new moves.

It's senseless that a common attack that anyone can do can have bonus damage to ghosts and psychs.
>>
>>24990384
Because it's specialized in biting; biting would normally be a dirty trick but something like Raticate can use its giant teeth for power rather than 'cheapness' (it still learns regular Bite too).

>>24990362
Having a bad day, anon?
>>
>>24990418

Okay, so why is bitting a dirty trick? What makes bitting so bad when compared to, ya know, burning a Pokémon to a crisp, freezing it solid, sending ten thousand volts through their bodies? Or less dirty than using attract (technically whoring themselves) and throwing sand in their eyes?
>>
>>24990362
Just pretend he doesn't exist, he won't go away no matter what, so you may as well not give him the satisfaction of being acknowledged.
>>
>>24990436
Some moves get their types by puns, others by pop culture, others by mental association, it's always been like that, why do you feel the need to overcomplicate things?
>>
File: raticate_by_pegosho-d6o59m2.png (198KB, 677x640px) Image search: [Google]
raticate_by_pegosho-d6o59m2.png
198KB, 677x640px
>>24990436
Biting is a dirty trick in traditional fights (martial arts or otherwise) I think because the human jaw is incredibly strong and can stun the opponent, I guess the equivalent of that is flinching. Sand-in-eyes is also a traditional "dirty play" so ya got me there but the honest reason Bite's Dark-Type is probably >>24990107 A lot of GF's decisions are kind of arbitrary with some backhanded logic from a real-world view but it makes perfect sense from a "game-world" view, if that makes sense.
>>
>>24990473

> overcomplicate

I just want an in universe answer why bitting a ghost does double damage.

>>24990488

Even if it's for balance, they could have simply thought of new dark moves. That would make far more sense than 'calling your friends to beat Gengar does double damage'.
>>
>>24990266
>No damage from physical attacks
Then why even give them a defense stat? Also, that makes my Cofagrigus' Mummy ability nearly useless. I think the only contact move that isn't physical is Grass Knot. So I only spread Mummy around when somebody uses Grass Knot? Fuck that. Ghost immunities are fine the way they are.
>>
>>24990040
learn them
>>
>>24990748

That's helpful
>>
>>24990436
holy autism it's a fucking kids game
>>
>>24990625
Besides Grass Knot, other Special moves that make contact are Wring Out, Petal Dance, Draining Kiss, Infestation, and Trump Card. Definitely way too small for Mummy.
>>
>>24990507
>That would make far more sense than 'calling your friends to beat Gengar does double damage'.
Beat Up was typeless
>>
>>24990905

> it's a kid game

Okay, so Fire Blast is an ice move now.

That's a pretty poor argument. Even child games have some basic logic.

>>24991189

And now it's dark. Another reason that dark should stay with things such as Dark Pulse.
>>
It's a weird thing.

Most moves that are physical make contact, some like EQ, Explosion or Seed Bomb don't.

Most special ones don't make contact, except some like Petal Dance.

Fuck, 3 moves use Special Attack and Defense.
>>24990436
Because unlike throwing sand and burning it, you can't really attach an element to biting someone?
>>
>>24991277

> you can't really attach an element to biting someone?

Normal, because it's something normal that anyone can do.
>>
>>24990266
Physical attacks? No.
You mean contact attacks.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.