[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so much edgy fanart of Red?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: d08sleK.png (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d08sleK.png
564KB, 1920x1080px
Why is there so much edgy fanart of Red?
>>
Because Red was pretty edgy, I mean he did kill Blue's Raticate.
>>
>>24983987
autists associate themsevles with him, as he appears extremely withdrawn, yet strong
>>
Genwunners want to make their protagonist seem cool with edgy fanart and edgy fan theories when he's actually just a normal boy
>>
muh mt. silver
>>
>>
File: image.png (98KB, 381x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98KB, 381x376px
>>24984037
>normal
>sits on a mountain for 2 years and loses all contact with mankind
>"normal"
>>
people like the aesthetic of it
doesn't hurt anyone
kinda like it
>>
>>24984050
>sits on a mountain for 2 years and loses all contact with mankind
When was this stated or is this just another redgy fan theory
>>
>>24984023
Blue was rotating out his team. He doesn't even say anything about any of his Pokemon dying, or show any more resent toward you than he had before or would later on. If you and I battled twice, and I switched out something I previously had on my team for something else that was in reserves, would you assumed that you killed the former?

>>24984050
Autistic, maybe, but Red was far from edgy. Even in Adventures, Red was but an average shounen protagonist.
>>
>>24984050
Dude was enjoying a nice little clime when a little shit bugs him for a battle yeah ican see why he jumped he got shick of that shit rule when two trainers meet.
>>
Because people think Red never talks due to the Mt.Silver meet with Gold and the whole "..." thing.
They fail to realise that the "..." thing was just for the fans for have a little smile at.

The meeting deciding what to do with Red:
>"So uhh what do we make him say?"
>Hundreds of ideas about long winded speeches telling you you're great.
>One man gains a power like no other and stands up.
>All eyes on him.
>This is his moment.
>"How about having him say... Nothing? It can be a little joke about the fact when players played as him in RGBY he was never given dialog."
>"You absolute madman, I love it."

But no, retards like to think Nintendo want red to be this supreme edgelord and not the happy and confident teen he's portrayed as in original art.
>>
Funny enough, I'm 99% sure the only time your character ever has dialogue is when you're talking to duplicacorrect me if I'm wrong or whatever her name is in saffron city.
>>
>>24984168
She's just called Copycat in the video games and TCG, her real name was never given.
>>
>>24984023
Fuck off, you delusional faggot.
>>
What, you mean his facial expression?
>>
File: red.png (8KB, 360x582px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
8KB, 360x582px
>>24984159
>happy and confident
i mean he's not the inhuman edgemaster people portray him as but still
>>
>>24983987
Cause he never says a word
Has apparently never lost a Pokemon battle (sure the player character is supposed to beat Red at the end of Silver/Gold but who shows up at the Champion's tournament and who doesn't? Checkmate)
Saved Kanto from Giovanni and Mewtwo single handedly

He's objectively badass, which is apparent synonymous with the term edgy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.