[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't even play HG anymore because all I can do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (85KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 400x400px
>tfw can't even play HG anymore because all I can do is get clubbed by the E4
Fuck the retarded Exp curve that HG/SS has. And the fact that the E4 endlessly spams full restores unless you OHKO their mons, which requires you to have a doubly effective mon and be at least 10 levels above them. Plus fuck Lance and that goddamn Gyarados. All I want is to fucking get the national dex. It's all I want.
>>
>>24979154
Get fucking good.
>>
>>24979154
git gud
>>
git gud scrub
>>
Become better
>>
Just use Ho-oh and Entei/Raikou if you suck that much, holy shit.
>>
>>24979156
>>24979158
>>24979159
That would require me to grind for literally fucking days considering, as I already mentioned, HG/SS has the most broken Exp leveling curve in all of the games. I can sweep one of the E4 cunts entire teams with one monmy based Forretress and level up once, MAYBE. Meanwhile in any of the other games, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, B/W and B2/W2, and pretty much every other game, I level up multiple Pokémon multiple times against each E4 member. Not to mention the champions tend to not be something as broken as DragonUntil now, which is still broken, but is severely underpowered instead of overpowered
>>
>>24979168
Ho-Oh can't help if it's under leveled and ineffective against something like that cunt Lance's broken Gyarados.
>>
>>24979178
Literally all you need is a Level 40-45 Electrode spamming Thunderbolt.
>>
>>24979175
You really don't need to grind. You just need to git gud
>>
>>24979175
>That would require me to grind for literally fucking days

I just grind for a couple of hours at Victory Road. I could beat the league with level 45 shitmons.
>>
>>24979175
>HG/SS has the most broken Exp leveling curve in all of the games.
Its the exact same as every game bar gen-5 you retard. Youre just too used to Exp Share and Lucky egg spam/O-power
>>
>>24979193
If I had one I would use it, jackass. I'd spam Zap Cannon with my Forretress if I could fucking have it, but no, you have to wait until fucking level 63 to get it, it isn't something that can be taught by a move tutor like every gen after it and you don't learn it at level 31 like in gen III. Don't get me wrong, HG/SS is great, but the fucking leveling system is shit.
>>
>>24979175
>complaining about bad exp. mechanics
>complaining about HG/SS and not all of Gen V
?????
>>
>>24979209
>git gud
There is no "gitting gud" in a game with RNG. That's just not happening.
>>
>>24979229
In gen V you level up like a motherfucker you retard. By the second gym I was already level 20 in White. I was like level 15 by the time I hit the second gym in HG.
>>
>>24979217
>couple of hours
There's your problem. I don't feel like taking the time to just club level 20 shitmons for 8+ hours to get my mons leveled up like 5 times each. I'd rather go back to Johto and just play bike sim for the same amount of time for the same result.
>>
>>24979243
I've played through Black and most of Black 2, and I have to say that it grinds to a halt later down the line. In case you forgot, the amount of EXP you earn depends on the level gap between you and your opponent. If you're at or under their level, you get a normal amount. However, if you're higher than they are, even by a few levels, you get less and less.
>>
>>24979259
>8+ hours

Dude, it took me like 4-5 hours at best. What is your team?
>>
>>24979272
>MamoswineI swear to god the water and fire weakness is going to make me bash my head through a wall
>OctilleryBecause Remoraid is bro, and that diverse moveset
>Ho-Oh
>OnixI recently noticed that it has terrible health
>ForretressMy Psychic and Dark sweeper
>WeepinbellI'd evolve it if I could get my hands on a leaf stone
>>
>>24979298
The problem is your Pokemon are all slow.
>>
>>24979154
HGSS are bad games for many reasons, but being too hard is not one of them. You fucking suck, kiddo.
>>
>>24979485
But I'm hitting first. What is the real problem?
And Mamoswine is quite fast actually
>>
>>24979154
Nice blog (sarcasm).
Get good; you suck.
Post your team so we can make fun of you more.
>>
>inb4 OP meticulously raised a full team
>>
>>24979154
>muh full restores
So here's what you do moron

Either OHKO them or get their health into the yellow and then 2KO them from there.

The AI will only use Full Restores if you get their pokemon's health into the Red.

Furthermore, they will be predictable in what pokemon they send in when you knock theirs out.

You should not be struggling at any point in HG/SS past Morty.

Ever.

Get better you shitter.

>>24979298
>>24980229
>Onix
There is your weakness.
You ass.

Mamo and Forretress are fine and Ho-Oh should be too.

The real problem is that you're too lazy to hunt down a leaf stone for Victreebel which is good in this game.

On top of that, Octillery is not as great as you think it is, but you should be able to handle whatever is thrown at you provided you don't suck at life.

Onix is what's killing you though.

Onix is hot garbage and there are many other rock types that you could have at this point. Fuck, go to the Safari Zone and get a Graveler. It won't do much because you have no friends to trade with you and get you a Golem but the point stands that you can manage to GIT GUD.

Your team has nothing electricity wise and that is what is dooming you. You have overlap with Mamoswine and Onix and Onix is slowing you down. If you were smart, you'd go and get something to handle that, especially since GYRADOS IS THE THING FUCKING YOUR ASSHOLE.

And even then, if you had a modicum of talent you should be handling Lance just fine.

Get good.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>24980263
>>24980269
Currently grinding. Didn't meticulously raise them, just have some cool ones and some bros.
>>
>>24980300
Your team is underleveled.

This much is obvious.

Stop wasting time on Onix and get a better mon unless you have someone who can trade and get you a Steelix.
>>
>>24980229
>Mamoswine is fast
For your team yes, but against actual fast things like Aerodactyl, Dragonite and Jynx you'll be losing out.
>what's the real problem?
Those two NFEs. (Onix and Weepinbell)

Evolving your Onix to Steelix would help a lot. Not sure if that's possible for you. Your Forretress have Gyro Ball yet? Should help with Jynx/Aerodactyl.

You have any electric mons/moves? Electric hits Lance's whole team super effectively.
>>
>>24980279
>Mamo and Forretress are fine and Ho-Oh should be too
Forretress is my Psychic and Dark sweeper, and is largely successful except when that fucking Houndoom comes into play, but I already have toxic spikes in so that helps with dealing with it. Ho-Oh is for fighting types and as last resort.

>The real problem is that you're too lazy to hunt down a leaf stone for Victreebel which is good in this game
I have to wait for one of the bitch campers to say, "oh, I have a leaf stone for you". Only way to get a leaf stone before getting the national dex and beating the E4.

>On top of that, Octillery is not as great as you think it is, but you should be able to handle whatever is thrown at you provided you don't suck at life
Octillery is decent. Psybeam, Aurora Beam, Octazooka, and Rock Blast are pretty reasonably balanced.

But about the Onix, I'm just about ready to swap it for either a Misdreavus I have or an Electrode I have. Probably the Electrode so I can stomp that ducking Gyarados.

Also, 'Mons I would have if I could get them
>Metagross
>Gallade
>Toxicroak
>>
>>24980307
>Stop wasting time on Onix and get a better mon unless you have someone who can trade and get you a Steelix
Haven't been wasting time. It's just been at that level. I haven't used it in a while.

>>24980346
>For your team yes, but against actual fast things like Aerodactyl, Dragonite and Jynx you'll be losing out

>Aerodactyl and Dragonite
Plan on using an Electrode to solve my problems with them
>Jinx
Don't use Mamoswine on her. I use Forretress and it OHKOs her with either Bug bite or Payback.
>>
>>24980361
I know about Victreebel, I had one when I played HG.

Because I fucking waited for the leaf stone and didn't do shit until I got one because Victreebel is vastly superior to Weepinbell.

Get rid of Onix already and get Electrode. This isn't fucking rocket science, it's simple team building. Take one look at your Onix and its stats and tell me if it being underleveled can help you beat the E4 when you suck at battling.

Also, why are you using Octazooka instead of Surf? That would probably help you not suck at life if you had a better STAB move for Octillery.

Also ditch Rock Blast and give Rock Slide to Mamo, or Stone Edge. You have Aurora Beam, you don't need Rock Blast. It's redundant.

>>24980378
If you aren't using it and it's just sitting there, then it's wasting your time by wasting a slot for you to use a pokemon. Either get grinding, evolve it, or bench it. This isn't smogonfaggotry, it's being a competent battler.
>>
>>24980390
I haven't benched the Onix because I haven't been doing anything with it. I've been grinding for other shit. I just benched it and let Electrode take its place. And I'm using Octazooka because the only time I'd use water is when it's super effective, and it OKHOs shit anyways, so I'm not seeing any issues. And I have Ancientpower on MamoThough it's turning out to be a weak, pansyassed move that does jack shit when it comes to damage
>>
>>24980433
Octazooka has 65 damage compared to Surf's damage of like 90. You can actually hit neutral mons with Surf and maybe do some damage.

Also no shit ancientpower is weak on Mamo, look at its stats and tell me if it's a special-oriented mon.
>>
>>24979154
>failing this hard at a children's game
git fucking gud scrub
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>24980443
How's that? Sp. Atk looks pretty shit. Probably gonna search for a Heart Scale and get the Move Reminder to swap that.
>>
>>24980483
>+atk nature
Get stone miss and you'll have your rock coverage. And go find a leaf stone.

Victreebel slaughters with Leaf Blade.
>>
>>24979154
Didn't it ever occur to you that maybe you should git gud
>>
>>24980493
Welp that's two Heart Scales I need. One for Leaf Blade and one for Stone Miss. This is going to be painful. Hopefully that cunt Gina calls me up soon.
>>
>>24980519
Then go searching for them. In the meantime, Razor Leaf does just fine for Weepinbell.
>>
>>24980549
Yeah. I am smashing all the rocks in sight. No luck yet. At least it'll pass the time while I wait for Gina to call.
>>
>>24980561
If you're bored, you could also do the pokewalker to collect items. Just keep honing your team, playing to their strengths, and being smart when you battle. This is how you git gud.
>>
>>24980565
You mean the Dowising Machine? I've been using that a bit. Got one Heart Scale.
>>
>>24980594
No, I mean the Pokewalker that came with HG/SS
>>
>>24980604
Uhh… This is a used copy I got recently. I don't have the pokéwalker.
>>
>>24980604
Also I can't get any rock moves from the move learner. It's all just ground, ice, and normal. And I don't have any rock TMs.
>>
>>24980672
What about rock slide or stone edge?
>>
>>24980691
Nope. Fuck. Well rock won't be that needed. Ground covers for it in almost every way, and those it doesn't cover, Ice can.
>>
>>24980767
Did you already use them or can you go get them?
>>
>>24980561
You do know that you can do the Pokeathlon and get a leafstone in max. 30 minutes right?
>>
>>24980772
Idfk where they are. I doubt I've used any.
>>24980787
That's after the national dex, dipshit.
>>
>>24980798
Open the google anon
>>
>>24980801
>implying I haven't already done that
>>
>>24980798
Its not after the national dex, dipshit.
You can do the Pokeathlon before the 4th Gym and buy a Leafstone every saturday
>>
>>24980839
Any evo stone isn't available until after the national dex. Fucking Christ.
>>
>>24980849
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/tmhm.shtml

Train your team.
Optimize your movesets.
Remember the move deleter exists.
Beat the E4.
Get the national dex.
Evolve your team.
>>
>>24980849
Aside from the ones given to you by trainers. Forgot that part.
>>
>>24980851
>Train your team
I've been doing that.
>Optimize your movesets
Also in the process of doing that.
>Remember the move deleter exists
Move deleter is only for HMs. Other than that he's useless.
>Beat the E4
Trying to fucking do that.
>Get the national dex
Also fucking trying to do that.
>Evolve your team
Actually I already have a team for post-Kanto unlock planned.
>Metagross
>Gallade
>Toxicroak
>Octillery
>Forretress
>Breloom
>>
File: Leafstone.jpg (77KB, 502x528px) Image search: [Google]
Leafstone.jpg
77KB, 502x528px
>>24980849
I don't know why I even help you stupid fuck.
I always get the fucking evo stones for Eevee/Nidorino/Weepinbell
>>
>>24980898
>2500P
That's going to take hours. I fucking suck at pokéathelonmostly because the game has insane trouble detecting my stylus hitting the screen
>>
>>24980895
>Issues beating the easiest league in the whole series

Try evolving your pokemon, perhaps? Level up to at least 30?
>>
>>24980909
Look it up. Looks like Jump is the easiest because it can give you 500p a game.

Do that 5 times and you're golden.
>>
>>24980909
Use a normal pen or something,I get 600+ points per run its way faster than waiting for a fucking npc to hand one to you
>>
>>24980922
>Easiest league in the whole series
Hoenn says hi
>>
>>24980944
>easiest league
No, it's Johto's.

Incredibly predictable AI, easy teams, weak mons.

Johto is the easiest by far. Then Kalos. Then Kanto. Then Hoenn. Then Unova. Then Sinnoh.
>>
>>24980933
I can't just fucking chose what game I do. And I'm shit at multitasking.
>>
>>24980957
>And I'm shit at multitasking
Me too yet I'm simultaneously studying doctoral shit right now and guiding your ass to gitting gud.

You want to git gud? Start putting in the effort anon. You don't get better until you start somewhere. Yeah you're going to lose a bunch of times at first and get like no points. That's life. But you fail enough until you start failing by less and less until you know what you're doing and start kicking ass.

Now get your ass in there and start earning that leaf stone. So you can walk up to the Johto E4, slam your dick on the table, and then wave it around like a morning star mace and knock them the fuck out with your gigantic balls you animal.
>>
>>24980952
>predictable
Where the fuck is that gonna get you?
>easy teams
Lolno. I can have quadruple effectiveness and use a high powered move and there are still mons that I just have to chew away at.
>Weak mons
Again, no.

Also the typing is complete BS.
Hoenn is easy because…
>Dark
Weak as shit, and Sidney doesn't even chose good dark mons
>Ghost
Easily rekt by psychic, which nearly everyone has a Gardevoir on their team
>Ice
Fire says hi
>Dragon
Mega Fug with outrage says hi
>Steel
Blaziken says hi

I sweeped the Hoenn E4 like it was nothing.
>>
>>24980981
Actually funny enough, my first go at the E4 got me to Lance, where his fucking Gyarados wiped my team.
Also there's no dick slamming. I chose to play as Lyra.Pls no bully. I like playing as qt characters.
>>
>>24980982
>Predictable
Well you can switch in your mons to anticipate what Dragonite Lance just sent in. He has three and will send in Firenite, Thundernite, or Blizznite to halt your ass to give him the best type matchup. They always go for the best type matchup. So keep that in mind.

Like, hey, I have Feraligatr that just shat bricks all over Lance's Aerodactyl. Lance sends in Dragonite. What do you think it knows? It knows Thunder. So switch to something like Quagsire or Mamoswine or any ground type that can have ice or rock coverage and fuck that Dragonite up.

Gen 3 Hoenn wasn't easy but Gen 6 remake Hoenn is easy. I prefer to remember Hoenn before it was raped by the long dick of rebalance.

>>24980994
I don't give a shit if you're playing as Grandma GamGam, you take your dick and you wave it around like a god damn morning star mace.

Now go in there and kick their ass seabass
>>
>>24981004
Dude, I haven't even played OR/AS. I played it on Sapphire and Emerald and I wiped them. I mean I didn't have a mega Fug, but I still wiped their asses. Plus how can you just know which fucking Dragonite the twat sends out? Unless you've already defeated two.
>>
>>24981036
You can know which fucking dragonite they send out because Lance always goes for the type advantage. He has a dragonite with blizzard, thunder, and fire blast. Depending upon which pokemon you have out he will send out a pokemon that has the best type match-up against you.

Lead with Ampharos and he'll send out Aerodactyl after you beat Gyrados because Aero has EQ. Send out a water type to stop Aero and he sends out Thundernite. Send out an ice type to stop that one and he sends out Charizard or Firenite. Probably Charizard. You can very easily predict what mons he'll send out.

And you used Rayquaza against the E4, no wonder you had an easy time.
>>
>>24981070
First time I went through I didn't. Had Salamence tho.
>>
>>24981090
Your posts reek of bullshit. I do not believe a single thing you've said thus far, or if you've even ever played pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>24981197
I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's right. Also Victreebell aquired. Now leveling up my Electrode.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I did it guys. It's ogre.
>>
>>24982006
Nice job, you beat the E4 with an OOber. Such a great player you are.
>>
But, even if you were using the worst pokemon, you would beat the elite four after 4 or so failures. Eventually you will be leveled enough to bulldoze it. This makes no sense.
>>
>>24982197
I barely used Ho-Oh
>>
>>24979154
If I can beat a nuzlocke at level 44 you can too.

Git Gud
>>
>>24979221
>Zap Cannon
>Fortress
Seriously how old are you?
>>
>>24981506
>>24982006
Hey.
Fucking proud of you.

Way to work at it.

I dare you to keep using that team by the way. Your proposed team is cool and awesome. But I dare you to keep using those guys. You've got a good thing going there, so I dare you to keep at it.

Proud of you anon. Way to keep grinding and way to get good.
>>
>>24979267
Grinding in gen 5 is still extremely easy because Audinos are plentiful, and a Lucky Egg is handed to you. It punishes soloing with one high level Pokemon, but rewards staying at even levels with a full team.
>>
>>24982323
No. I want muh:
>Metagross
>Gallade
>Toxicroak
>*insert other cool gen III and IV 'mons here*
>>
>>24980519
Why not call her first?

Why not trash Onix?

Why not stop sucking overall holy shit you could at least get things to like, level 45 without a lot of bother
>>
File: 1450648983228.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450648983228.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>beat both gold and silver as a kid
>last pokemon game i beat was pearl
>pick up HG after a long hiatus
>breeze through the E4
>get my shit absolutely fucking pushed in by the kanto gym leaders
>keep getting wrecked by Lt. Surge and quit

holy shit

i dont even want to know how hard they made red in that game
>>
>>24984277
>rekt by lt. surge
Holy fuck. It's called ground types for Christ sake.
>>
>>24983499
>Why not call her first?
That's not how it fucking works

>Why not trash Onix?
Already did that.

>Why not stop sucking overall holy shit you could at least get things to like, level 45 without a lot of bother
You must be new here
>>
>>24984293
my entire party is pretty much water or flying so i just get my shit pounded in

i was too lazy to train up a potent ground type. i mean now i could probably go on the trading post and get a decently leveled golem or steelix or some shit but i dont care enough at this point
>>
How is OP this bad? First time I beat the elite 4 in SS my team was in the late 30's.

Onix is a shitmon btw
>>
File: 1378436685964.png (258KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1378436685964.png
258KB, 351x364px
>>24984983
>giant rock snake
>attack stat equal to pidgey
>>
File: 1450895964173.png (278KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1450895964173.png
278KB, 500x356px
>>24985017
>giant rock snake
>has a lower base attack compared to Joltik
>>
>>24984300
Trainers have specific times you can call them for rematches, they just don't tell you like Gym leaders do
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.