[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is Pokemon Picross, both as a freemium game and a Picross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: pokemopicrossrelease_610.jpg (105KB, 453x265px) Image search: [Google]
pokemopicrossrelease_610.jpg
105KB, 453x265px
How good is Pokemon Picross, both as a freemium game and a Picross game? I heard the freemium part of the game is one of the worst ever, but I wanted to know /vp/s opinions.
>>
>>24967641
>I heard the freemium part of the game is one of the worst ever
That's just people exaggerating.

Essentially, it's free-to-start, which is what Nintendo call their F2P games. You can get through it without paying anything, but it'll be difficult and require grinding. You can pay and it'll be very useful and will allow you to remove the "freemium" elements, with an upper spending limit of like $30.
>>
>>24967641
Really, you don't even need to buy anything.

When you download the game and get through the tutorial area, don't go spending picrites on everything you can.

To get the most without spending anything until you feel like you want to, here's what you should do:

- Upgrade to have 3 pokemon in your party for puzzle bonuses
- Unpgrade your energy to 200 so that at minimum you can at least do a puzzle a day
- Do daily training for more picrites

Ideally, this game should become a daily, like badge arcade or mii plaza (if you ever go outside)
>>
>>24967641
There is an exploit that lets you have infinite amount of picrite but the way it works could drive you mad.
>>
>>24967641
As a Picross game it's basically the same as any other game. All the puzzles are 100% logic but there are additional Pokemon skills you can activate to help.

And it's not really a freemium game. It's like a free demo then you can pay for the game. Personally I think it's great. Pay $10 and get 70% of the game (weeks worth of content). Or pay $25ish and you'll get the whole game.

Technically you can do the whole game without paying, but only over a really really long time.
>>
>>24967641
>as a freemium game
awful
>as a Picross game?
the puzzles are not as intricate (because the solutions have to resemble pokemon instead of taking artistic liberties to make the puzzle more challenging) and the game forces you to use easy-mode hints (reveal 30% of the puzzle, highlight rows you can fill in, auto-undo mistakes etc.) if you want to get the most out of it
it's probably one of the worse Picross games but, hey, it's pokemon so at least the presentation is there

>>24968080
>Pay $10 and get 70% of the game
more like 25% of the game
if you don't pay the full price you're guaranteed to get paywalled before you reach the end
>>
>>24967641
Just follow avengah`s tips on Miiverse and you`ll be able to complete the whole game in one week.
>>
>>24968107
Sorry I was thinking in £.

£10 (~$14) got me well over halfway. An extra £5 (~$7) has got me to 90%, and that's including the Alt-World, Mega Pencil, 3 Pokemon slots and a couple of energy upgrades.
>>
>>24967641
Has shit balance, I wouldn't bother OP
I cheated the picross in. so even with inifite funds its poorly balanced and relies you to cheat

>>24968080
>As a Picross game it's basically the same as any other game
wrong
>>
>>24969167
>wrong
Super insightful bro.
>>
Just downloaded this today. How much time investment should I expect? Playing the shit outta Mystery Dungeon
>>
The biggest problem with the game is the damn 60 second challenges. Those just take the fun out of Piccross.
>>
>>24970624
I see those as more of how you manage your freeze timers more than anything. Also, the ones that don't allow freeze time I just screenshot the solution and fill it in again later.
>>
>>24970537
I just completed most of the puzzles minus the alt world, and I'm already at 76 hours. I used the infinite picrite exploit though, which takes a large amount of time grinding daily training.
>>
>>24967641
First you should determine how much time you want to commit to the game. You can probably get to Area 25 using <$10 USD. At Area 25, you get max training rewards so you can unlock the rest of the content by midyear without paying anymore.
>>
>>24971548
You don't have to spend a single cent on this game, without waiting for daily training too. There's an exploit that allows you to grind daily training now.
>>
>>24971579
Are you going to link to this exploit or are you just going to keep announcing that it merely exists?
>>
>>24971579
Considering $10 USD is at least what most jobs in the US pay for an hour, I think it's a good tradeoff in time and effort for at least 50% of a relatively larger Nintendo Picross title.
>>
>>24967809
Interesting.
>>
>>24971597
>>24971622
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMpKwF_Q

Don't know if you need to start daily training at 12am but that's what I did. If the linked method doesn't work, here's what I did:

Daily training resets at 12am each day. The game locks you out of daily training for 24 hours if it detects system time changes greater than 9 mins. So what you want to do to avoid that when you change the system time is to do it 9 mins at a time, load up the game, go beyond the "Tap the Screen" home page, then go back to system settings to change the time and rinse and repeat. Once you reach 12am, daily training should load up. Finish it, then load it back to 12am. Rinse and repeat for infinite picrites.
>>
>>24968080
>All the puzzles are 100% logic
No, that isn't true at all.
A lot of the puzzles are completely batshit and you *need* the helper Pokémon to get started.
>>
>>24968107
>the game forces you to use easy-mode hints
thats not true at all
>>
>>24972281
No they don't. You are just shit at the game. Git gud.
>>
>>24972281
I don't think it's possible to make such a Picross puzzle.

I mean, the later ones are fucking bullshit and I find some of the 15x15 ones harder than 20x20 ones I do in the daily newspaper but technically you can bruteforce all of them
>>
>>24972379
>>24972383
It's 100% possible to make such Picross puzzles.
And yes, there are some that are impossible to do without guessing involved, otherwise nonogram solvers would be able to solve all of them without problem. But they can't.

Then factor in nonograms such as a chess board - a 10 x 10 grid, with 1,1,1,1,1 for each row. Two possible solutions for that. There IS room for ambiguity in nonograms/Picross.
>>
It's shit, just buy regular picross for 5 dollars and you have even more puzzles. Paying 30 dollars to remove the shackles from the game is just pure jewery. Also, the "pokemon helper" aspect of the game is stupid, they basically solve the whole shit for you. What's the point of such a puzzle game?
>>
>>24972295
it does if you want picrutes, which you desperately need if you want to progress without paying
>>
>>24972401
They don't exist in this game, though.
>>
>>24972401
>And yes, there are some that are impossible to do without guessing involved
Not in Pokemon Picross there aren't.

>otherwise nonogram solvers would be able to solve all of them without problem
Some of the online nonogram solvers are shit. The one that comes top in Google has several flaws and bugs out half way through solving a puzzle, even where there are obvious things to fill in.
>>
homebrew picrite exploit when?
>>
Is there a guide for these puzzles?

I fucking suck at this?
>>
>>24975882
There's one here: http://apps.keeky.net/pokemon/picross/

Right now it only goes up to Area 25.
>>
>>24972401
It's only a question of symmetry.
It's not hard to test for uniqueness. I don't believe any of the Nintendo Picross titles have this issue.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.