[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Gamefreak, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: eeveelutions.png (57KB, 1040x303px) Image search: [Google]
eeveelutions.png
57KB, 1040x303px
This is how it should be.
>>
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>24962244
XD used Sun and Moon Shard alongside Fire, Water and Thunderstone, though.

get your facts straight.
>>
>>24962248
How do we cure Gamefreak of their autism?
>>
>>24962262

And? That's a spinoff.
>>
>>24962269
um what does autism mean?
>>
>Muh meaningless """"""""""""""continuity""""""""""""""

epic GF

just

epin
>>
>>24962244
>make a new evolution
>make its evolution so that it should have been possible in earlier games
>>
>>24962244
I'm pretty sure they didn't do that just to block the retards that would inevitably go "WHY COULDN'T I DO THIS BEFORE? SHIT CONTINUITY." They kinda gave up by the time HGSS came out, though.
>>
>>24962275
Autism is a mental disorder in which several sections of the brain, causing the individual difficulty grasping social concepts. extreme sensitivity to certain senses (colors, loud noises), and the brain sees patterns in literally everything, often in the form of numbers.
>>
>>24962244
What stone is used for Sylveon?
>>
>>24962279
>They kinda gave up by the time HGSS came out, though.
So then why do they still do it?

>>24962286
Shiny I believe. Same as florges
>>
>>24962286
It's a Shiny Stone.
Also used for Togekiss and Florges (both Fairy type).
>>
>>24962278
A new evolution of an existing pokemon is by design a retcon.
>>
>>24962301
no it isn't
>>
>>24962288
>So then why do they still do it?
I don't think this has anything to do with continuity.

They used friendship in gen 2 depending on night and day to evolve them to show off two new game mechanics.
I don't know what the fuck 4th gen was about. Why those stupid rocks? Who knows. Just interesting I guess.
And obviously for gen 6 they were displaying the petting simulator and that separate bonding mechanic. .
>>
>>24962244
>not using dusk stone for umbreon
>>
>>24962244
Game freak wanted to do different something.
>>
All the eeveelutions besides the originals are meant to show off some new mechanic
>>
>>24962310
>I don't know what the fuck 4th gen was about. Why those stupid rocks? Who knows. Just interesting I guess.
Location evos were a thing in Sinnoh, between Leaf/Glaceon, Magnezone, and Probopass.

>>24962330
Sun Stone and Moon Stone were both in gen 2, Dusk and Dawn were not.

Plus, umbreon is Moonlight and Espeon is Morning Sun
>>
>>24962244

Eeveelutions show off new game mechanics

>Espeon and Umbreon: Happiness, the day/night cycle
>Leafeon and Glaceon: Area-based evolutions
>Sylveon: Pokemon-Amie and affection
>>
When new types get added and move set levels get shuffled around I highly doubt game freak is THAT worried about "continuity" or if they are it is ok a pick and choose basis.
>>
>>24962308
It is, just like a type change. They were effectively always the given type, and could always evolve.into the alternate form.
>>
>>24962279
>tfw found one of those retards on /vp/

Seriously, us pokemon fans have the games we deserve.
>>
>>24962278
>>make its evolution so that it should have been possible in earlier games
You fucking know why it wasnt possible.
>>
File: B_Incense[1].jpg (38KB, 452x345px) Image search: [Google]
B_Incense[1].jpg
38KB, 452x345px
>>24962310
>I don't think this has anything to do with continuity

Then why do we have to uses incenses instead of having Munchlax/Mantyke/Bonsly/etc. hatch from eggs by default?
>>
>>24962419

>Dusk and Dawn

anon, Shiny and Dusk are the light-based pair of evolutionary stones introduced in gen 4. Dawn is the special one that brings out muh LGBT-powers in autistic Pokemon.

And yes, the translators fucked it up. Dawn Stone is actually called Awakening Stone, whereas the other two are Light and Darkness Stones.

>>24962244
I'd rather they fix the stone names above, than retcon eeveelution methods.
>>
>>24962262
>XD
Get out
>>
>>24962284
so insulting the autism is considered racism
>>
>>24962591
The real question there is
>why even make baby pokemon
>>
File: di8d5j5ie[1].gif (608KB, 339x490px) Image search: [Google]
di8d5j5ie[1].gif
608KB, 339x490px
>>24963033

The answer to that is obvious.
>>
>>24962269
I was talking about OP but
>>
>>24962955
>implying it's an emoticon
newfags please kindly go
>>
>>24962244
>Eevee could magically evolve with leaf stone all this time, but it is only now possible in gen VI
That would be stupid, same with Sylveon/shiny stone and Umbreon/moon stone.

>>24962447
This guy's got it.
>>
>>24962521
They found always design into the given form, but it's not a retcon if the evolution method was previously unavailable
>>
>>24962301
That's not a retcon retard. A retcon changes previously established information into something else that directly contradicts something. Adding new evolutions via new methods is not a retcon.
>>
>>24963111
Yeah I meant that they should have done that from the start.
>>
>>24963068
> implying that implying it's an emoticon isn't a meme
>>
>>24962447
>"alright I played with Eevee long enough on Amie to have two hearts time to evolve that sucker"
>no wait you also need it to learn a Fairy type move before leveling up
Why did they feel the need to further complicate Sylveon's evolution method? Eevee isn't really short of Fairy type moves, but the Amie affection mechanic alone worked well enough.
>>
>>24963111
>>24963151
It's called a retcon you faggots. Other franchises do it all the time.
>>
>>24962244
the only pokemon who use dawn stones have gender based evos

also what does ice have to do with dawn

also you are gay
>>
>>24963195
No it didn't
>play with Eevee in Amie
>it evolves into Espeon because it's daytime
>play with Eevee in Amie ater learning your lesson
>it evolves into Umbreon because it's night time

this is the answer youwould've ome up with if you thought about it for more than a single second
>>
>>24963200
Retconning should always be avoided as much as possible if possible. It's obviously a better solution to introduce new evolution methods instead of shoehorning old evolution methods for new pokemon and contradicting things.

It's not like adding on types to old pokemon where there's nothing they can do about the overlap. The only ones mad about the varied eeveelution methods GF thought up are symmetry autists like yourself.
>>
>>24962278
>what is Mamoswine
>>
>>24963033
Some are good for balancing the ingame, others like Pichu are ultimately pointless.
>>
>>24963068
You realize you're the newfag for not knowing that reaction is a "meme" per se, right.
>>
>>24963216
Except happiness and Amie affection are different mechanics.
>>
>>24963461
If your eevee already has high happiness, how do you expect the game to know what evolution you want? Don't be retarded
>>
>>24962275
Autism is a word used to describe retarded manchildren who play with toys and thinks the world revolves around them. Chris-Chan is a perfect example of an autist for example.
>>
>>24963205

Froslass is ICE/Ghost.
>>
File: autism.png (27KB, 1381x221px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
27KB, 1381x221px
>>24963499

>lying
>>
>>24963033
This is a children's game. Children like cute things.
>>
>>24962275
always unique totally intelligent sometimes mysterious
>>
>>24963499
Does that mean everyone that plays Video Games is an autist? They are just toys after all.
>>
>>24962955
go back to reddit
>>
>>24962301
This guy gets it
>>
>>24963471
Affection already takes precedent over happiness. If you have a Fairy move and max affection and happiness, it will evolve into Sylveon.
>>
>>24964543
Thats why I hate you cant see what Pokemon your Pokemon evolves to until its too late to mash b button
>>
>>24964543
ok
>be me
>play with my eevee in amie
>want espeon
>evolves into sylveon
>wanted an espeon
>become upset

this is why it requires a fairy type move
iirc the only option is charm, so why they didn't just say "evolve with charm and amie" is unknown
>>
>>24964612
Say you had an Eevee that was transferred up from Gen 3 and it had used the Mimic glitch to learn Sweet Kiss. That would still work.

It's not like an Ancientpower evolution.
>>
>>24964612
>>24964680
Baby-Doll Eyes also works
>>
>>24962447
So why did they even start with evolutionary stones?
All those stones are perfect for Eevee.
>>
>>24962278
Lickitung could actually learn rollout in emerald if i remember correctly
>>
>>24968856
Piloswine: Can have Ancient Power as an egg move as early as G2. Can't evolve into Mamoswine because lol no Mamoswine.
Lickitung: Can have Rollout as via TM/Move Tutor as early as G2. Can't evolve into Lickilicky because lol no Lickilicky.
>>
>>24962244
I think it's good. Maybe we will get another eevolutions with that stones.
>>
>>24963033
I like that they turned some first stage into babies essentially by only having like nidorina in the wild, so that nidoran is now like a baby in XY
>>
>>24969422
never been in a horde battle?
>>
>>24962286
It doesn't use a stone. It's when it's leveled up knowing a fairy type move and it has at least two affection hearts in Pokémon-Amie.
>>
Because it wouldn't explain why the stones didn't work in the game before it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.