[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we as fans make pokemon better than it actually is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: 759px-Rabine_Burst.png (391KB, 759x600px) Image search: [Google]
759px-Rabine_Burst.png
391KB, 759x600px
We have to seriously ask ourselves guys.

>On the daily you see fanart 10x better than the actual concept art
>head cannon is better than the actual story
>spin offs like mystery dungeon and conquest have more effort put into them than the main series
> Gen 6 is going off of recycled models from the pokedex ap
>Gen 6's capabilities were possible back when gen 4 was released
>anime has been shit for who knows how long

Honestly you deserve better, game freak has tons of cash but they won't up the anti. Developers with a fraction of their budget are pulling out tripple AAA show stopers; the other monster franchises at least try.
By the time gen 4 came out every other monster series had full animation if they were on the hand helds.

What are your sentiments on this?
Should we tolerate this or is it time to move on.

I honestly dropped Pokemon at the advent of gen 3 I was at the department store and I had to choose between buying Pokemon r/s or final fantasy tactics advance.

I made the right choice.

I tried gen 4, everything was nice but it seemed below par. Nowadays I just cycle through all the designs once a gen gets released. I like the monster designs, but not much else about the series.
>>
Why are you even on this board?
>>
>>24954797
still we have to question ourselves
Are we really playing quality games or are we deceiving ourselves
>>
>>24954797
Why are you?
>>
>>24954788
BW2 was what got me back (stopped after emerald) into the series and I went backwards from there. Then I played XY and put many hours into it, but it felt like they sacrificed a lot for the transition into full 3D models because there was just so much they could improve on. And ORAS was an obvious quick low-effort cashgrab.

BW2 felt almost perfect to me. Maybe it was because there was so much to discover because I took a long break from the series and that could just be a one time thing. If the next pokemon game fails to satisfy me anywhere near as well as BW2 did, I'll probably take another long break from pokemon.
>>
>>24954840
>Pokemon
>Quality
Pick one tbqh
>>
>>24954931
Because I hate pokemon, duh.
>>
>>24954954
>tbqh
Then why not complain devs listen to fans, this isn't the 90's when we had no venue to confront anyone
>>
Well, if you take the game alone, it's just a bunch of RPG mechanics applied to little monsters. There is a lot of art to it tho, like music, design, pokedex entries, now 3d buildings.

Then you take the fans, who do fanarts, remixes, hacks and fan games: if it weren't for those, most of us would have quitted playing pokemon a long time ago. Then we grow up and we appreciate all we didn't notice as kids.
>>
>>24955211
Compared to everything else......
It just didn't stack up

>tho, like music, now 3d buildings.
Music is nice,

>design, pokedex entries,
the pokedex entries need to be applied in the game. Rpgs since 2001 have in game logs and bestiaries. Peep FF10 and Xenosaga

>now 3d buildings.
Not that hard to make to tell you the truth,
even I can do that.

>Then you take the fans, who do fanarts, remixes, hacks and fan games:

There is a problem when these fan mediums are better than the original.

Seriously, would you ever see a Breath of fire fan game or Mario RPG fan game better than the offical brand? The answer is no.
>Then we grow up and we appreciate all we didn't notice as kids.
I noticed it when I was a kid, I always wished it was better; until one day I just said "the hell with this, gamefreak doesn't care and I shouldn't put up with it" and moved to greener pastures.
>>
>>24954788
Given the timing, the Pokedex app used models from gen 6 before it was released.
>>
>>24954788
>Gen 6 is going off of recycled models from the pokedex ap

I'm pretty sure this was proven false.
Though Gen 6 is shit outside PSMD, you're right.
>>
>>24954788
If only the series were as permissive with fan creation as Touhou...
I know Pokemon and Touhou are really different, but in both cases the fan scene is inmense and productive, but in Pokemon fangames are forced to be made in clandestinity through romhacks.
>>
What does Pokemon not allow anyway?
>>
>our
>wew
>>
>>24955651
Fangames are and will always be a grey area in Pokemon instead of being completely free to be made like in Touhou.
If we weren't afraid to wake up to see a C&D letter prompting to destroy all the work we've made into a fangame, things would be different.
>>
>>24955713
I wonder why we don't see a lot of doujin music for Pokemon, like the touhou kind. Remixes are there and shit, but even when I think about it there's not as many as there could be.
>>
>>24954788
Try to get into competitive battling. It might be more attractive for you than in-game stuff. Smogon or VGC are both pretty fun. VGC has local events around the world where you can meet people.

Also, you can try to get into TCG.
>>
>>24954797
>only likes the designs
>hates everything else
he fits in here
>>
>>24954788
That's pushing it, but yeah
>head cannon is better than the actual story
Not at all, and its one of the main issues the fanbase sucks
>spin offs like mystery dungeon and conquest have more effort put into them than the main series
>Gen 6's capabilities were possible back when gen 4 was released
That's not a fan thing
>anime has been shit for who knows how long
Well, when your main audience is people you think are retards and your peripheric demographic are actual retards you dont really need to put more effort.

>Honestly you deserve better
We deserve worse though. The pokemon fanbase is horrible, the only high point is the fanart.

>I honestly dropped Pokemon at the advent of gen 3 I was at the department store and I had to choose between buying Pokemon r/s or final fantasy tactics advance.
>being a nostalgiafag
You have no right to talk about pokemon or its fanbase.
>>
>>24958798
no it's not nostalgia
I actually like the newer designs better.

It's just that these games have almost no effort put into them; I just put my foot down and said "fuck it" because these games were lack luster.

I actually think r/b was over rated.

If a pokemon game came out with the level of polish and quality that say, monster hunter or AAA game. I would be on that in a heart beat

As for headcannon, what about all those theories about lavender town, when it wasn't even half as scary as fan describe it as.

If you want scary try the end of mother 2
>>
>>24961089
This guy is right. They're not putting nearly enough effort and polish that would justify their popularity and money. The entire series is a cheap cash grab with little to no heart put into it.

I mean, from a business perspective it's understandable that they choose to put low effort instead of high effort when both would net the same profit, but it just sucks as a fan.

I just hope that the next mainline game DOES feel like they put heart into it like BW2 or I'm done with the series.
>>
It's not hard to see what has happened when you look at these two clown touting the merch. They couldn't care less about the quality or content of the games.

It's become another big corporation, and corporations only care about making money.

What we're seeing more of across the board is developers testing out ways to milk the audience of cash (think amiibo and f2p shit) —what's surprising is that the audience just go OK! and continue to squirt money.

So, in response to OP's comment, really what we do 100% need to see, is a change in our behaviour as fans and our relationship with this corporation — how the fans respond to the shit that they shovel does make a difference.
>>
>>24961965
>their faces
>uninspired pathetic mugs
>>
>>24961965
>XY is better than DP or BW
>ORAS is better than HGSS

If this is the result of "commercialization" then fuck, sign me up for some more of it.
>>
>>24961992
nice b8 m8 i r8 8/88 4 subpar n not 2 gr8 didnt get me ir8 but lol whateva son 4 u it is 2 l8 ur f8 is out the g8 pls desudesu dont h8 or b l8 m8
>>
>>24961089
>no it's not nostalgia
Gen 3 was on of the high points of the games AND when pokemon became uncool, so yeah, it's fucking nostalgia.

>As for headcannon, what about all those theories about lavender town, when it wasn't even half as scary as fan describe it as.
I dont need a kid game's lore to be "scary" to enjoy it, I'm not 10.

>>24961428
>heart
Kek

>I just hope that the next mainline game DOES feel like they put heart into it like BW2 or I'm done with the series.
There has just been 2 main game releases after BW2, one of which was a big game changer for the franchise. People here losing faith in the franchise just for that really shows how little experience with other franchises people here have.
>>
>>24961965
>They couldn't care less about the quality or content of the games.
Why do people here constantly forget Masuda was also responsible for GOOD things on the franchise? Ok, Gen 6 was dissapointing (and not even bad), but suddenly forgetting everything else makes you look like a spoiled child.
>>
>>24962033
I like Masuda. I hate Ohmori though, just reading the interviews with him already tells me his personality and idea for the franchise is shit.
>>
Yes we deserve better games but the target audience outweighs those who have complaints so unless game freak makes the decision to ante up we're stuck with what we get.

BW/BW2 was a good step in targeting a more mature audience because it was near the end of the DS' life cycle, only fans who really wanted to play Pokemon got it and appreciated it for what it offered.
>>
>>24962024

>Gen 3 was on of the high points of the games AND when pokemon became uncool, so yeah, it's fucking nostalgia

Nah B, I actually played other Rpgs like chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Breath of fire 1-4, Lunar, Jade Cocoon, Final Fantasy, and Star Ocean.

I after experiencing those, I realized how bad Pokemon actually was.

, >I dont need a kid game's lore to be "scary" to enjoy it, I'm not 10.

true, but it needed to live up to the hype

>heart
>Kek

talk to a game artist, it isn't all business you

>>24962175
>audience outweighs those who havr complaints

Look at every other Nintendo ip, if they pulled the shit that goes on at game freak they'd be fucking done
>>
>>24962175
But the very fact they always focused on japanese kids is what made the games good. The problem with gen 6 is them trying to focus on nostalgiafags.

targeting a more mature audience is not a good thing per se btw, specially in pokemon when the adult audience is more stupid than the kid audience.

>>24962228
>I after experiencing those, I realized how bad Pokemon actually was.
>liking math
fuck off

>true, but it needed to live up to the hype
the "hype" was all made by the fans.

>talk to a game artist, it isn't all business you
"heart" is not an artistic talent
>>
>>24954788
I disagree with you on the Fan art vs actual art.
>>
>>24962033
It's a standard industry technique to implement a couple decent treats then cut back on features with the next few releases, he didn't "do good things for the franchise" because he likes you or your bros, he did as part of hid wallet fattening strategy

and this >>24962045
is exactly why I don't like him — Masuda is happy to smile and nod while going along with whatever bleak visions Ohmori brain farts out of his mouth breathing face
>>
>>24962535
There's a difference between targeting an older audience and targeting genwunners
>>
>>24962580
> he didn't "do good things for the franchise" because he likes you or your bros, he did as part of hid wallet fattening strategy
When did I imply otherwise? The very fact that I said "franchise" sort of implies i know its a business...which doesnt prevent it from being good in any way unless you're 10 and just discovering how the world works.

>>24962585
Yes, and they dont target their old audience, they target nostalgiafags.
>>
Do you expect ken to make fucking masterpiece artwork of every pokemon?
>>
>>24962596
why the fuck shouldn't he?
>>
>>24962535
>"heart" is not an artistic talent

No shit if you take it literally. It's just very clear that they didn't do everything they could to make gen 6 the best that they could be. XY was a clusterfuck of ideas and nostalgiafag appealing, not something that was carefully crafted with a clear vision from the start.
>>
>>24954788
>I don't even play Pokemon anymore or observe any of it's media but trust me, pokemon is shit.
>>
>>24954788
>>spin offs like mystery dungeon and conquest have more effort put into them than the main series
Stopped reading there, MD games are shit. Grow up
>>
>>24954788
>won't up the ante
fucking retard cant spell
>>
>>24963290
>No shit if you take it literally. It's just very clear that they didn't do everything they could to make gen 6 the best that they could be
Effort alone doesnt make anything good anon.

>not something that was carefully crafted with a clear vision from the start.
You clearly didnt play it because that's what it was. You just didnt like said vision.
>>
>>24963616
Alright, so what was their vision for XY?
>>
>>24963356
>MD games are shit
That's wrong.
>>
>>24963348
Pokémon is still awesome.
>>
>>24963356
MD games are great.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.