[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back to Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

After discovering Nuzlocke challenges, I finally decided to go back to Pokemon after a loooong time. I played Red when it came out and then Yellow, but nothing since then.

There are sooo many Pokemon games out now that I have no idea where to start. I don't know what's the difference between black, pearl, or Y, let alone which one is best to get back into it.

What would you suggest?
>>
>>24950620

Play the difficulty ROMhacks

such as Fire Red Omega, Eccentric Emerald Sacred Gold/Storm Silver, Flawless Platinum, Blaze Black/Volt White (2) and if you have a 3DS with CFW, check out Neo X/Neo Y and RisingRuby/Sinking Sapphire You may not want to nuzlock them because they can be pretty brutal during some stretches, just do a normal playthrough of them first.

You can also look into fangames/fanhacks like Yet Another Fire Red Hack, Reborn, Brown, etc.
>>
>>24950653
Ignore this guy.

It really depends on what you would like to experience. Would you like to play through each of the 5 generations that you missed, or would you like to just play the more recent titles?

Some of the older titles may be difficult to obtain, but /vp/ seems to agree that Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White 2 are the pinnacle games.
>>
>>24950678
>>24950620

Ignore this guy.

Unless you're a goober, you'd want to play the difficulty romhacks. You'd get more enjoyment out of them.

But just start off with Fire Red Omega.
>>
File: 1444504354364.jpg (167KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444504354364.jpg
167KB, 600x480px
>>24950620

Don't do this >>24950653

Would you prefer older games, or the newer ones on the 3DS? Typically, the second iteration of a series (What Emerald is to Ruby and Sapphire, What Platinum is to Diamond and Pearl) will be the better option.

I personally like the pixelated graphics and the older style, and therefore I would start with Platinum or Heart Gold/Soul Silver if I were in your position. But if you want to jump right into the modern series, then I would say X/Y.
>>
>>24950620
Gen 4 adds Physical/Special split. Fire Punch is a physical attack while Flamethrower is special.
Gen 5 is more story focused than most Pokémon games
Gen 6 adds Mega evolution, Pokémon go super saiyan and shit

Heart Gold/Soul Silver
>>
>>24950620
I think that you should play the original games before trying the crazyfest that >>24950653 said.
>>
>>24950620
Honestly, you should just kill yourself. I fucking hate threads about "Getting back into Pokemon."
Just buy the games, dipshit.
>>
>>24950694
>>24950710
>>24950724
>>24950678
Thanks. Since I like the special/physical split and Gold/Silver follow directly from the games I've played, I think I'm going to go with Heart Gold.

Anything I should know before grabbing a DS emulator and blindly rushing through the game? Is one of the starters better or worse than the rest?

I don't know ANY of the pokemons of this game, are there any I should watch out for?
>>
>>24950620
I recommend: either Fire Red or Leaf Green, then Heart Gold or Soul Silver, then Platinum, then X or Y, then Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
That gives you the most updated mainline games.
If you just want 1 system to play on: get a DS for cheap and play either FR or LG, then Emerald, then HG or SS, then Platinum.
That gives you every gen but the current 6th gen.
>>
>>24951386
That's the best game to date. Have fun, OP.
Headbutt trees in Azelea town for good pokemon like Heracross.
There's more reason to revist previous locations than there was in gen 1.
You can delete HM moves in the town with the 8th gym.
Cyndaquil is the most useful early game. Chikorita is the hardest early game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.