[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Remember kids you can't Gotta catch 'em all!™

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: adasdasdas.png (246KB, 485x349px) Image search: [Google]
adasdasdas.png
246KB, 485x349px
>Remember kids you can't Gotta catch 'em all!™ the fucking main objective of the games because it's bad and can destroy the world mmmkay?

Why was the message of 2000 so fucking retarded? At least the main theme of "Pokémon cruelty" of Mewtwo Strikes Back doesn't contradicts the themes or objectives of the games.
>>
>>24950215
>anime
>games

pick one and talk about it.
>>
>>24950215
Really ive never got all of them and thought it was stupid myself but how ever at the moment im working on a living dex which is the a pain in the ass
>>
>>24950261
You just saved your ass
>>
>>24950215
It's not just the message that's retarded, the villain himself is and self-destructs halfway through the movie by letting Ash and the others roam around freely with no supervision in a room where two legendary birds are clearly being held captive against their will.
>>
>>24950260

The animu was (is?) glorified 30 minutes advertising for the games in the craze era, so we can't completely separate both
>>
He broke the rules by using cages instead of Pokeballs. One of the most long-standing rules of the anime is that using anything besides Pokeballs is a fast way to get Officer Jenny on your ass.
>>
>>24950317
>He broke the rules by using cages instead of Pokeballs

Good point, but still doesn't explain why catching the Birds would bring a world ending event, unless we accept the specific movie Birds are "special" since in the Ashnime we see various specimens of the same legendary kind.
>>
>>24950215
Gotta catch 'em all!™ was an American-invented tagline it's unlikely anyone involved in the movie's production had even heard of.
Hell, the writing of it started before the games even got released outside Japan.
>>
>>24950260
They all have the same plot.
>What's the villain doing?
>He's trying to enslave these magical animals to harness their power!
>That's terrible! How do we stop him?
>We must enslave these magical animals to harness their power!
Hell, you could say Lawrence was kinder than some of the supposed good guys, because he didn't hurt his slaves to capture them, and had no intention of making them fight.
>>
>>24950215
"Collect data on one of each species" is different than "steal every single pokemon"
>>
>>24950337
Pokemon, GETTO DA ZE?
>>
>>24950489
That's an unrelated tagline used in Japan that does not imply you have to "catch em all".
>>
>>24950489
Pokemon Get! =/= Get them all
>>
>>24950265
I also gave up and will never finish it thus i will never catch em all
>>
Pokémon Master get every single Pokémon.
>>
>>24950482
He tortured them once captured
>>
>>24950482
...except they don't?

Cyrus and Lysandre were more concerned with destroying the world and Ghetsis wanted to rule it, but there was no implication that the action of taking the legendary Pokemon was bad, just that using them for that purpose was bad, which is completely understandable.

Hell, even villains of the movies aren't usually evil just because they want legendaries. The villain of 4ever once again only wanted Celebi for world domination. The villain of the Victini movie wanted to bring pride to his homeland again, and so on.

If anything Lawrence III and TR are the tamest 'villains' in the series, and the reason they're 'bad' is retarded.
>>
>>24950215
If I remember correctly the issue it was not capturing the Birds but his method.
Pokeballs don't force the pokemon; they are binding contract between Trainer and Pokemon.
Think of something like Little Mac and the Black guy who is his trainer.
>>
>>24951755
You mean Doc Louis?
>>
POKEMON WEREN'T MEANT TO FIGHT!
>>
>>24953289
NOT LIKE THIS!
>>
>>24951218
>literally being Pokémon's Yakuza
>somehow a good thing
???
>>
>>24950332
Japanese version explicitly referred to them as elemental Gods or some shit, and so capturing them would in fact damage physics or some shit.
>>
>>24950317
Why is that even the case? Is it scientifically proven Pokémon prefer living into a tiny ass ball than in literally anything else?
>>
>>24953354
Yeah. People always bring up how the movie 1 dub got some really stupid sounding rewrites to force in a hypocritical moral, but movie 2 is probably the most heavily rewritten Pokemon dub ever and people seem complete unaware of it. Basically the entire core plot got completely replaced.
>>
>>24950261
>I've never got them all

See you in three days anon.
>>
See I'd assume that in the anime verse, there's a general understanding that collecting Pokemon is fine AS LONG AS you don't make the obvious transgression of fucking with the ones who literally keep the planet spinning

Like it's supposed to be an unspoken rule so obvious that no one should have to get on anybody's ass about it

THIS greedy nigger though >>24950215, he's like the guy who goes out to a buffet by himself for dinner thinking, "ALLLL you can eat? Hoho well then." and walks away with the whole fucking restaurant's tray of shrimp
>>
>>24953900
>the guy who goes out to a buffet by himself for dinner thinking, "ALLLL you can eat? Hoho well then." and walks away with the whole fucking restaurant's tray of shrimp
Me.
>>
>>24953606
explain pls
>>
I think the difference is that in anime canon at least, Pokemon seem to have the ability to get out of their Pokeballs whenever they want. So capturing is more a matter of transport than actual confinement. If you use cages or something to trap a god-like pokemon, then you are preventing that pokemon from doing whatever it needs to do, whereas capturing it with a pokeball enables it to still do whatever.

All the pokemon movies are completely pants on head retarded anyway.
>>
>>24954216
Pokeballs are more like contracts than cages.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.