[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fun inventive and new team >get fucked by everyone >copypaste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: space.png (139KB, 389x502px) Image search: [Google]
space.png
139KB, 389x502px
>fun inventive and new team
>get fucked by everyone
>copypaste team from smogon
>win 3/4 of my matches

Why is "competitive" pokemon so fucking boring?
>>
Was this on battlespot? Cause Granbull with intimidate beats the shit out of chomp,m-milf and smogonsword.
>>
Because some Pokemon are objectively better than others? How dense are you?
>>
>>24945051
I like using all six of Pokémon on level 100.
>>
>>24945060
B-but muh Karen!
>>
>>24945060
No. Because there is not enough Pokémon yet to become truly competitive.
>>
>>24945051
there are only so many playstyles in singles and only so many pokemon capable of filling niches that are also competent enough to not get immediately squashed

you will have more fun in a less established metagame
>>
>>24945060
That's the point I'm trying to make, you have like 30-40 pokemon to choose from out of 700.
I get tier lists but even in the most unbalanced game at least a third of the cast is viable
>>
>be /vp/
>playing counter strike
>get pistol at the start
>wipe bad team with it
>become attached to pistol
>finish game using only this pistol
>find new match against better players
>don't do so well
>teammates getting rifles
>"hey anon, go AWP!"
>THIS PISTOL IS MY BRO
>get kicked
>complain about tryhards
>>
>>24945051

because smogon has been "inventing" teams and builds much longer than you, and more than you, and have determined the best builds from their research.
>>
>>24945096
It's 721.
>>
>>24945101
No. Because there is not enough Pokémon yet to truly become competitive.
>>
>>24945071
>>24945109
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>24945105
Yeah so even worse
>>
File: FoxOnly.jpg (82KB, 450x632px) Image search: [Google]
FoxOnly.jpg
82KB, 450x632px
>>24945096
>>
Guys.
Run belly drum politoed + clefable.
>>
>>24945126
Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Puff, Peach, Falcon and Ice Climbers are viable. Plus a couple mid/low tiers are played by a few players at high level, so yeah. 8/26 = about 1 third of the cast

sorry, no Melee memes when I'm around, I've been playing it for years boy
>>
>>24945115
721 Pokémon is not enough Pokémon.
>>
>>24945123
If It is was 825. It'll be acceptable.
>>
>>24945159
yet fighting games with 50 characters get more character variety than Pokemon get with 721
>>
>>24945170
Pokémon is different.
>>
File: 1450296719533.jpg (1MB, 800x7000px) Image search: [Google]
1450296719533.jpg
1MB, 800x7000px
>make ultimate anti-smogon-team
>prepare my counter against le Mega-Mom, Mega-Derg and Smogon-Sword/Bird/Genie
>still get ass beaten
>ermahgerd, smogon tryhard stuff totally sucks ass!
>team consisted of 252/252 defensive Volcarona, Belly Drum Slurpuff, No-STAB-Hydreigon, Belly Drum Politoed, Furycutter Venusaur and AV Blissey

Verlis pls
>>
>>24945096
And how many of those 700+ are fully evolved?

I dont know how many single stage, non-legendaries there are but theres 18 starter lines and 7 Pseudos, which is at least 75 Pokemon in total, of which only 25 are fully evolved.
>>
>>24945173
It's not the lack of Pokemon, but rather the structure of the games. A Caterpie can't be equal to a Gible in any circumstance. A Gible early game is about as overpowered as a Caterpie late game is useless. Because of this formula, you get certain Pokemon that are objectively superior than others. While breeding/moves/stats distribution may help, they can't really close the gap all that well. There's more than enough Pokemon to make a diverse metagame, there's not enough *good* Pokemon for a diverse metagame.
>>
Wasn't Pokemon Amie supposed to help Karenfags by maxing out their affection with their Pokemon so they would shrug off status effects quicker, withstand super effective hits, and get more criticals or some bullshit like that?
>>
>>24945051
>taking "competitive" pokemon seriously
there's your problem
>>
>>24945185

>Chaoshander Giantdad

Lost it.

Though at least in Dark Souls anything can potentially be viable if you're gud enough. Even fat rolling can dodge Pursuers/Affinity if you time it right. Unfortunately Pokemon is just a turn-based numbers game. If the opponent's speed and/or priority are higher there is absolutely nothing you can do to hit first. If an opponent switches in something with Intimidate, there is no choice but to take it unless a counter was setup far in advance. Pokemon is inherently imbalanced, and always will be unless the entire system is rebuilt from the ground up.
>>
>>24945057
>Granbull beats Aegislash
How? Doesn't it just attack into King's Shield and then make a shitty attempt at Crunching?
>>
>>24945226
That's where teambuilding and preparation come in. You start with your core of one or two Pokemon, take a look at your weaknesses and the stuff you want to try or need for your team, and build accordingly.
Next step would be to look how your team fares in reality, so get out and play. Maybe there are things you didn't think about while building the team, like missing out on a huge threat, or having a problem against certain kinds of teams. So you change a bit of your team again, 'till you find the team that suits you most and works good enough for you.
And ultimately, you'll git gud.
>>
>>24945271
Also, Flash Cannon and Iron Head are a thing.
>>
>>24945202
No. Lack of Pokémon.
>>
>>24945205
It doesn't work in PvP.
>>
good job, you described nearly every competitive video game ever
>>
>>24945271
What is EQ
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.