[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How popular is the Pokemon XY anime at the moment? How are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Xy-anime-poster.jpg (342KB, 638x792px) Image search: [Google]
Xy-anime-poster.jpg
342KB, 638x792px
How popular is the Pokemon XY anime at the moment? How are the TV ratings? How big is it with kids? teens/adults? Do many people still watch it, or are the anime fans/shippers just really vocal about it online?
>>
>>24941652
If you're talking about the west, interest is dying fast. They fucked up with the Hoopa movie and Zygarde's mega has made a lot of people leave the fandom for Yo-Kai Watch and other things.

Pokemon isn't at all popular with little kids here, not when there's Star Wars, Shopkins, Minions, and Descendants to be interested in.

Pokemon in the west is looking pretty grim.
>>
>>24941705
I feel like the games had a resurgence in popularity when X/Y first came out, and then took a slight dip in popularity a year after ORAS was released. I don't think it's dying though.

I feel like the Anime and the TCG are taking a bigger dip in popularity then the games.
>>
>>24941730
*than
>>
Drops in and out of the weekly Top Ten:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-december-7-13/.96639

Wasn't in the Top Ten in the most recent but the last few things usually fluctuate and drop in and out depending on the week.
>>
The writers should end Ash's story at this point. He has a waifu, he's strong and competent, the show isn't doing well ratings wise, and its the 20th anniversary.

Perfect time to have Ash win the league, enter the Champion league against the Elite 4, end up with Serena as his waifu, disband Team Rocket/Giovanni...and put Ho-oh in Movie 20 or something and we can call it a wrap.
>>
>>24941705
>If you're talking about the west, interest is dying fast. They fucked up with the Hoopa movie and Zygarde's mega has made a lot of people leave the fandom for Yo-Kai Watch and other things.
>Pokemon isn't at all popular with little kids here, not when there's Star Wars, Shopkins, Minions, and Descendants to be interested in.
>Pokemon in the west is looking pretty grim.
Show me the proof of this
>>
>>24942148
Pokemon hasn't been huge in the west besides the games in a nearly a decade.
>>
Why do I feel like this thread is a just a shitpost?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 960x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 960x712px
>>24941705
>Zygarde's mega is making people leave
>Tfw kids these days hate super robots
>>
>>24941705
I seriously have to ask because no one has been able to give me an answer for like 6 months

What the flying fuck are Shopkins
>>
>>24942257
They're really weird little figures that you open in a pack, and they're just random items you'd find at like..a department store. These characters are mostly food and appliances, with the occasion of clothes. They also fit on pencils...but are not erasers.
TLDR; They're fucking weird toys.
>>
>>24942202
Kids hate anything cool because other people think it's cool and they want to be hipsters
>>
>>24941705
>Zygarde's mega has made a lot of people leave the fandom for Yo-Kai Watch and other things
>Yo-Kai Watch
>Taking anyone's fans
>>
>>24942367
This
>>
>>24942154
Yeah, but it still does solid numbers which is why that first bit is in contention, especially considering the leaving the fandom for Yo-kai Watch thing
>>
>>24942122
End yourself, Scott
>>
There are Misty fans out there who say the anime will get canceled unless Misty returns. The scary thing is they believe their autism.
>>
>>24941705
>Zygarde's mega
It's a form
>>
>>24942338
They sound like Crazy Bones that you can put on pencil tops.

>>24942385
If it weren't for /vp/ bitching about that shit show, I would have no idea that it even existed.
>>
>>24943443
Yo-kai Watch bombed so hard in the west. Even the TV show is doing less than a third of Pokémon's ratings.

In Japan, Pokémon and Yo-kai Watch shows have similar ratings.
>>
>>24941705
Nobody in the west gives a shit about yokai watch
>>
>Nephew hates the game
>collects cards and buys the walkthrough for the pokedex.
>watches the show

I can see the popularity dropping just because there is a fuck huge number but I doubt it's that bad.
>>
>>24942122
>Serena as his waifu
Never ever
>>
>>24943612

She's the best for him.
>>
>>24943680
Only according to the anime generals on this board
>>
Is the anime released on DVD over there? Are there collectors? It would be really interesting to see some of the DVDs and a collection
>>
>>24943746
>current year
>DVD
>>
>>24941705
>yokai watch
>not dead
>>
>>24941652

The English dub killed it in the west. In Japan it fluctuates but is usually top 10.
>>
>>24942110
>/v/ keeps memeing me Yokai Watch took over Japan by storm
>only 8th in ratings, barely above Pokemon
the fuck
did the fad died or something?
>>
>>24944753
Yokai Watch's ratings have nearly halved since summer. There's lots of reports saying the new main characters USApyon and Inaho are really poorly received by Japanese kids.
>>
>>24944827
huh

maybe this is why Pokemon writers are afraid of replacing Ash and Pikachu
>>
>>24944839
Definitely. Shit like this is not an uncommon occurrence.
Note that Keita and his friends haven't been outright replaced, though, instead you get some episodes focusing on them and some focusing on Inaho. There's such a notable rating difference between these two types of episodes it's very clear a sizable number of fans skip the Inaho ones and just watch the Keita episodes.

Likewise, USApyon is allegedly considered to just be annoying and unappealing by nip kids. It's basically the Zoroark of Yokai Watch, except pushed a lot harder.
>>
>>24944881
Interesting. Thanks for info.

Any news on the Snack World thing they were saying was going to be bigger than Yokai? Shit kinda disappeared after the initial trailer.
>>
>>24943537
Why anyone on this site thought Yokai Watch would do well or even outperform Pokemon in the west is beyond me.
>>
>>24943537

Yo-kai is still having twice the vievership of Pokémon.

Last tripokalon didn't ever got a 3,0%. Only a poor 2,7%. And last movie's box office grossings were pretty shit according to Dogasu.

It's still strong in USA though.
>>
>>24946385
Why would you even other posting lies and blatantly misleading statements like this when it's so easy to check the actual facts?
>>
>>24946471

I checked 2ch sone days ago...

Naruto got 0,3% that day too. So, don't act soooo fuckin salty because your godly XY&Z got rekt'd in ratings that week because of a shitty soccer match.
>>
>>24946519
>there was a "shitty soccer match" airing at the same time that badly hurt the ratings of other shows sharing its timeslot as well, not just Pokemon
>ignores mentioning it and tries passing it off as any random episode
>not making a blatantly misleading statement
Whatever you say.
>>
>>24946576

Barca vs. Guangzou is shit compared to Barca vs. River.
And faggots getting hyper defensive over a fuckin toddlers' anime aimed at the same fuckin target than Anpanman and Thomas & Friends. Face the reality: your loved pokeani is actually a low-tier anime aimed at babies and preschoolers, just like Anpan-Shit. It's no surprise it gets just slightly above 3,9% ratings.
>>
>>24946672
What are you even trying to say? None of your posts make any sense at all.
>>
I guess all this proves is that they can do away with Ash and have a new male lead and it won't make a difference. Just throw in a different pikachu with the next kid with a different personality.

Its time Ash's story was wrapped.
>>
>>24946672
For someone calling others out for being hyper defensive, you're pretty proactive in trying to get your point across that you think the anime is shit
>>
>>24944000
>>current year
>>DVD

DVD is still the only medium available for a lot of shows and movies that companies are not interested to remaster in HD or release in Blu Ray and it's still a viable way to release shows that are un-remasterable anyway like digital anime of the 2000s that is permanently locked at 480p because all the assets were produced in that resolution.

Also the Japanese people that live in small 1 room apartments and only have laptops to watch their shows also seem to buy DVD only like some of the random qt girls I have in Facebook for some reason.
>>
>>24941652
Dem kneecaps tho
>>
>>24951051
>apple sticker
anon
>>
File: laughingwhores.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>24941705
>Yo-Kai Watch
>being played by anyone in the west
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.