[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yfw Mega Evolution pretty much spells the end for regular evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1408215823050.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1408215823050.png
1MB, 720x540px
yfw Mega Evolution pretty much spells the end for regular evolution of our favorite bros from prior gens
>>
Gen 4 cross evos r shit
>>
It's too early to say that.

Gen VI introduced Mega Evolutions, so of course they're going to push those hard.

Remember, Gen III had only one cross gen evo, prevo, then gen IV had a bunch.

Gen V had all new mons, so there were none there either.

If they don't do any in Gen VII, I'd begin to be worried.
>>
megas are shit
in gen 7 they're going to introduce fusionmons and the entire pokemon community will be okay with that
>>
>>20574593
>not wanting more badass mons like Kyurem B&W
>>
>>20574576

Okay, but what about 'mons who were not 3 stage, but got a mega? (Heracross, Pinsir, Houndoom, Etc) Will they be doomed to only be mega, or will there be some sort of Retcon? Beyond that, what will determine if a pokemon will get a regular or a mega evo? What could be potential criteria?
>>
Good
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 236x213px
>>20574593
The end is nigh
>>
>>20574677
Heracross and Pinsir, as well as Scizor, all had BST of fully evolved mons.

They really don't need an evolution.
>>
>>20574677
The ones that didn't evolve have the similar base stats as the ones on their final stage eve so... it's justified.
>>
>>20574672
Thematically Kyurem works. I wouldn't want them to make fusions just random pokemon though. At that point it would be stupid and pointless... and not to mention all that extra bullshit memorizing
>>
>>20574694
Audino, Kanga, Slowbro have similar BST to Mewtwo, Blaziken or Metagross?
>>
>>20574677

>Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor
had BST comparable to fully-evolved mons, makes sense

>Mawile, Absol, Houndoom, Manectric, Abomasnow, Kangaskhan
could've been evolutions with slightly lower stats (since unlike megas they can hold items)

>Sableye, Altaria, Slowbro
we do not need these to be able to use Eviolite
>>
>>20574576
>Gen III had only one cross gen evo
Two. Azurill and Wynaut.
>>
>>20574677
>tfw Pinsir was a bromon for years
>MM shiny Pinsir in HG
>dread being unable to evolve him in the future
>mega evolution lets me enjoy him as it, and evolve him

Why the fuck are people complaining? It's a reversible evolution! You can essentially toggle between a new design and stat spread, and the old design you've loved. It's the best possible direction for this series to go.
>>
>MEGA EVOLUTIONS ENDED CROSS EVOLUTIONS
>EVIOLITE ENDED CROSS EVOLUTIONS

No, fucking whiny nostalgiafags who kicked and screamed over gen 4's evolutions ruined cross evolutions. "MUH DUCK FACED MAGMAR WAS SO COOL UNTIL MAGMORTAR!"
>>
>>20580003
I doubt that. A few whiners weren't going to sway Gamefreak's decision on the matter.

And fuck yall, Magmortar and Rhyperior are cool.
>>
>>20580003
>Don't like someone elses opinion on a new concept
>Best get ass blasted on the internet and talk some shit and call people out on their shitty opinions
hahahahahaha you faggot
>>
>>20579928
Jesus, I completely forgot about Wynaut.
>>
>>20580025
>A few whiners weren't going to sway Gamefreak's decision on the matter
Completely false. Why do you think the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon games never got an international release? Because they were shit? No, it's because everyone complained about My Pokemon Ranch's artstyle, and since those games used the same artstyle Game Freak realized no one would buy it.
>>
File: 1407887828149.png (193KB, 531x477px) Image search: [Google]
1407887828149.png
193KB, 531x477px
>>20574571
It sucks. I want my Arbok, Weezing, Farfetch'd, Magcargo, Quagsire and Sudowoodo evolutions.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.