[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dadg/ - Darkest Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 754
Thread images: 135

File: Sanitarium.png (116KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
Sanitarium.png
116KB, 450x420px
TAKE YOUR MEDICINE edition

Previous Dungeon: >>183454082

Artist's Deviant Art:
http://cribs.deviantart.com/

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/ayjczL4M

Fanfiction Masterlist:
http://pastebin.com/CcNahBZW

OST:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGOvv8Bziniqak1ebzd6njY9S27GdxPRL

Narrator:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy1RoYlej6xWqRRci7K_OuQWa-7UgG0uo

Kickstarter heroes & trinkets
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_heroes
http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_trinkets

Official website:
www.darkestdungeon.com

Dev Posts & Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions

Catalogue Page:
boards.4chan.org/vg/catalog#s=darkest

Wiki:
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Darkest_Dungeon_Wiki

Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/262060

Less grind mod with some /vg/ skins:
http://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/77?

More /vg/ skins & classes + Musketeer:
https://pastebin.com/7jBkcKBN

Bonus PS4 Trinkets:
https://mega.nz/#!aVIxQSST!JaFQk8xBChAaa4_XnKz5ZsU0Dt9FEODpUEYriEkvWnk

Anon-approved newbie guide:
http://pastebin.com/jK4HPS2e

/dadg/'s own champion boss guide
http://pastebin.com/e3Sc7VER

/dadg/'s annotated CC maps:
http://imgur.com/a/DU3tH

Darkest Dungeon maps and guide
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203
>>
slow heroes are not welcome here
>>
Shilling my mod. If there's any other art fags out there I'm doing a Trinket Mod independent to this one. There's TOP but it literally just touches on Kickstarter Trinket. I want actual unique trinkets.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086975254&searchtext=
>>
So I thought the Musketeer was just a reskin with no further changes, but from time to time I see a post talking about the "changes" made from the Arbalest.
Anyone can help me and explain? Are there two different Musketeer things?
>>
>>183585073
Please include in next OP

Darkest Dungeon font (Dwarven Axe BB)
https://mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc
>>
>>183585295
Original musketeer is just a reskin (with some outdated trinkets, dev didn't update them for some reason, easy to fix though)
>I see a post talking about the "changes" made from the Arbalest
Those are the reworked musketeer skills, which is a mod available in the workshop
>>
>>183585518
I see, thank you. It was getting a bit confused.
>>
So how about making reinforcements come at predictable intervals

Say first wave comes at perhaps round 6, next wave comes at round 10, then 13, then 15 etc. Numbers could always be tweaked of course, perhaps even with some extra tweaks like guaranteeing that you can always retreat after reinforcement arrives.

This might actually give some reasons to play dumb damage dealers like Leper rather than stun spamming melees and Flag.
>>
>>183586169

This would completely break some parties who rely on being able to control the pace of a fight with movement abilities, and can afford to take their time since they'll have turns at the end to heal up.

If every fight was a race to it would just mean Hellions/GRs are even stronger than they are now. It would also be boring and unsatisfying, too.
>>
What kind of skin mods would you like to see ? I want to try it but I can't find any ideas
>>
>>183586575

I want different breeds of dog for Houndmaster.
>>
Am I supposed to do my first run in the DD after I defeated all the bosses?
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-23_16-37-59.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-23_16-37-59.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>3 slimes
>kill one
>ectoplasmic profusion of the first round
fuck right off
>>
>>183586575
A mod where the flaggelant doesnt look retarded
>>
File: 1500488618173.png (383KB, 804x543px) Image search: [Google]
1500488618173.png
383KB, 804x543px
>>183588535
His design is fucking rad, what are you talking about?
>>
>>183586575
More gender swap skins that aren't overly retarded anime bullshit and actually stay true to the art style.
>>
>>183588570
>wears a potato sack and a skirt
Ok
>>
>>183585073
How do we balance this infernal DLC ladies and gents?

+stop fucking over all the town events
+make the first mission a veteran mission
+curse is harder to contract but has more radical effects
+either reduce cost of buildings or increase their effectiveness
>>
>>183588785
Get good faggot
>>
>>183588785
infestation mechanic is busted. the wait needed to grind invitations is annoying, and the presence of CC enemies outside of the couryard is bullshit. You should be able to farm invitations to the courtyard quests in a Gather The Blood missions, maybe a random drop or hidden chest.

Districts, I agree. I would like to see decreased heirloom cost, and to offset that, have some building take multiple blueprints. I have vinters/cartog/bank built, 8 spare blueprints, and no where near enough heirlooms for any district at the moment.
>>
>>183588869
Buddy, I just killed the shambler at the start of a long mission. Yesterday I fucked him up with a group of level 0's. I AM good
>>
File: Push it to the limit.jpg (28KB, 670x166px) Image search: [Google]
Push it to the limit.jpg
28KB, 670x166px
Power levelling runs are the best.
>>
>>183588974
That's another good point - there used to be zero reason to ever bring antivenom to the ruins (no blight attacks, no curio interactions), but now those mosquito fuckers can vomit on you. It makes all the areas the same. God forbid you bring a blight+stun party to the cove, you'll want bleeds for the mozzies and their stun resist is 170%. The flies are like gnashers but faster and with a self-heal and a permanent status effect on your party. Jesus fuck
>>
>>183589449

The Mosquitos are actually horseshit.

Every time you get a good hit on them and they survive with 1-2 hp, then Thirst so you can't finish them off with a support character. If they're gonna throw 3+ of them at you every battle and rock 30+ dodge they should have the grace to die like spiders and maggots.

Also everything's a fucking Bloodsucker. The insects aren't beasts, the supplicants aren't unholy, the courtiers aren't human - this would all buff the classes to bring them in line with eldrich slayer builds, but lel nope.

Gather The Blood also inflicts the Crimson Curse for no reason at all. The only move that should do it is The Thirst and that's it, keep things consistent.

And they appear in fucking room battles get the FUCK out.
>>
File: angryplaguedoc.png (320KB, 544x501px) Image search: [Google]
angryplaguedoc.png
320KB, 544x501px
I don't know why i find this particular bark so funny.

Maybe it's the thought of PD having a little autism fit over her ruined smock.
>>
File: dd guide current year-01.png (4MB, 2480x6652px) Image search: [Google]
dd guide current year-01.png
4MB, 2480x6652px
Added a trinket guide and recommended stats that each class should look out for in trinkets. Give me opinions on what to edit or any other details to add.
>had to remove some memes in order to keep the text eligible and the size small enough to upload
>>
>>183589881
SO MUCH FUCKING KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>183589881
weighted cudgel may have been god tier when it was +40% stun but at +25% and -1 spd i dont think it deserves that anymore.

i also think grave robber's raider's talisman is god tier with +5% CRT, +30% Trap Disarm, +20% Scouting Chance and +4 SPD, although ive heard some argue the food consumed penalty is bad.
>>
>>183587172
>champion dungeon
>can't one shot them
>they keep multiplying ad infinutum
>literally cockblocked by slimes
>>
>>183589881
>Evidence of Corruption that low
It's basically Scouting Stone on Houndmaster with added benefits.
>>
>>183589881

That trinket tier balance is completely all over the place, calling any common trinkets "God Tier", then rating trinkets like Ancestor's Portrait, Rat Corpse and Ancestor's Vintage low even though they are very useful for non-combat purpose, and are still worth getting your hands on when the opportunity presents itself.

And there's stuff like Bleed Stone being "decent" when it's basically a perfect Flagellant item, calling the Slayer rings "decent" when they are absolutely Top Tier, rating a Hag's Ladle which nobody would ever use above Wilbur's Flag which is excellent.

Should just stick to a small pool of recommended trinkets for each hero and leave it at that, with another section for "good on everyone"-. It would be way simpler and less divisive.
>>
>>183589881
Thanks for your time anon.

Also, holy shit, this game seems really keen in killing acharacter sometimes. It almost feels rigged. Had 4 crits in a row with bleed procs on my jester
>>
>>183589881
Is tempting goblet really that bad? I use it a lot on MAA and it does it's job.
>>
jester needs a mark
>>
>>183590995
Jester needs good skills
>>
>>183590496

Weighted Cudgel is still one of the best possible choices for a Pos 2 HM, it provides more % than a Stun Amulet without compromising your Dodge which is important for that class.

If you still want to chain-stun, you can just put in another Stun Amulet and it works okay.

Keep in mind that a class like Hellion doesn't even have the option of stacking stun chance, so any class-specific trinket that is adding stun is inherently going to be top-tier by virtue of its ability to stack with Amulet, even if it's nerfed.

>>183590993

35% Stress Penalty is an absurd amount and the benefits you get in exchange don't really match the penalty. A Tough Ring or Overture Box will give similar utility without such a huge downside.

I can seeing it being a fun item on Flagellant but that's about it.
>>
>>183589881
>Martyr's seal on God tier
>Ancestor's bottle on useless tier
for real m8, it is literally the other way around
>>
>>183590995
>>183591143
Jester needs more bard based skills because that's what he is. a battle bard. not a bleed damage dealing, stress healing, finale nuke, speed master.
>>
>>183591573

Martyr's Seal being God Tier is a bit of a strange idea, but I would say it is still a top-tier item now.

+HP at all times, some clutch Deathblow resistance and literally no penalties. That's not even counting its use on Flagellant.
>>
Is the Antiquarian strat for Siren viable at Champion level? Have only been through a couple of Champion dungeons so far, was thinking her + Occ/BH, not sure on who to replace her with or add on to survive the trek there, Champion Weald almost kicked my ass so not sure what to expect from Cove.
>>
>>183591734
Oh right, I forgot it grants +15% HP now. nvm it then, I guess it belongs on god tier
>>
>>183591872
Bring a team of 4 occultists equipped with debuff resist amulets Champion Siren's song has a 155% debuff chance, a lvl 6 occultist with a debuff charm has 150% debuff resist
>>
File: stacks.gif (365KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
stacks.gif
365KB, 500x371px
>>183589881
never forget gems stacks can outvalue gold
optimize that loot
pages are trash
so much info might need multiple pages
>>
>>183591872

Yes, Antiquarian is completely viable at champion level provided you bring a Riposter to combo with. MAA can guard the siren, so stick to HWM.

Plague Doctor - HWM- Occult - Antiquarian

PD and Occultist are amazing in the cove in general but also have excellent innate debuff resistance. Antiquarian's Strange Powders camp skill should be bought from the survivalist, then use that + Holy Water on your HWM and he should be fairly safe.

Oh, and never ever bring a Flagellant to the Siren Fight.
>>
>>183589881
Typo in the text under trinket guide
>SPD is the most important stat that will give you a higher chance yo move before <u>yout</u> enemies.
>>
>>183589881
so is crusader worth taking anywhere but ruins? what about in the darkest dungeon?
>>
>>183591626
>when you have no skills regarding the job you want but get it anyways
>>
>>183592579
He's a good stress healer, which will come in handy in the darkest dungeons, especially his camping skill to remove mortality debuffs. However you absolutely need other sources of damage because he is unimpressive damage wise.
>>
>>183592579

He's probably the best stress healer by virtue of not dying to a light breeze like the Jester, but if you don't need Inspiring Cry you don't need the Crusader.

He's good in the Cove to deal with Sodden Crew, but also in general as you can farm stress healing from the Bulwarks.

For this reason he's also very good in the Crimson Court, on a full holy team.

His unholy slayer quality isn't actually that impressive, most regular damage dealers will deal the same or more damage then a Crusader does - I would literally prefer a Pos 2 Vestal to a Crusader when it comes to undead slayer heroes. Holy Lance is good but it's way too limited in application.

He's a shit hero but not shit enough for people to notice.
>>
>>183592387
Anti in rank 1? I was thinking PD, enjoyed using in Cove a lot, but sometimes I think she's too useful in that I don't know what skills to prioritize, I heard stuns are king so pondering both blight grenades/stun/medicine. One of my BHs has +dmg in Cove and Eldritch hater so was thinking of taking him over a HWM unless the combo + damage potential outweighs those bonuses.
>>
>>183592448
>I'm retarded
It's [u]yout[/u] in the sentence above
>>
They should add a shapeshifter enemy who transforms at the start of the fight into any random normal/non-special/non-boss related enemy in the game.
>>
>>183593180
newfag detected
>>
>>183593423
Why not simply have that mob ?
>>
>>183593423
That's kinda redundant isn't it?
>>
>>183593725
If I could do that I'd do a whole lot more.

>>183593831
No? With an enemy like that you could have weird enemy compositions that could otherwise never happen. Like running around the Ruins and a shapeshifter appears with some skeleton buddies, only to transform into a fishman, for example.
>>
>>183594075
Sounds like some real cancer
>>
>>183594075
just go for it, even if it's a low tier sprite, you could work on the sprite little by little between the updates
>>
File: 1499539559041.png (37KB, 265x109px) Image search: [Google]
1499539559041.png
37KB, 265x109px
post em
>>
File: Steam_2017-07-23_18-35-48.png (25KB, 243x106px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-07-23_18-35-48.png
25KB, 243x106px
>>183594624
I bought it last month, during the summer sale.
>>
File: 20170721141223_1.jpg (20KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
20170721141223_1.jpg
20KB, 280x280px
>>183594624
>>
>>183594075
>Like running around the Ruins and a shapeshifter appears with some skeleton buddies, only to transform into a fishman
Why not just add random additional mashes (like how CC deals with infestation mashes), instead of creating a new enemy and the transformation of a monster to another would probably be a mechanic that's not available in the game at the moment.
>>
>>183590726
Elder/God tier are trinkets that are universally good with essential stats and minimal or no drawback. Great tier are trinkets that have good synergy with specific heroes or safe choices as trinket filler. Decent tier are trinkets that have limited utility but are handy in the one time you need them. Useless tier denote trinkets that are just mediocre/bad or simply outclassed and made obsolete by other trinkets. I'll add a small subtitle under each tier to elaborate about what makes these trinkets belong to that tier.

Personally I believe the Ladle is pretty good on a PD if you don't have the Blasphemous Vial but yes it's probably too niche to be in elder god tier.

>>183590690
Noted, putting it in elder god tier

>>183592448
fix'd, thanks

>>183591573
+hp is pretty useless on most heroes and the increased food consumption is a liability. Martyr's Seal gives +hp and a slew of other strong bonuses for no drawback whatsoever albeit working only on death's door.
>>
>>183594935
Because the dungeons should retain their themes and keep exclusive enemies in said dungeons.
>>
>just lost a Fallegeant who had + Deathblow resistant perk to a bleed out

fucking hell.
>>
>>183595214
>keep exclusive enemies in said dungeons
While I agree with that statement, I'm merely suggesting, if the anon wanted random compositions, he could just add additional mashes instead of creating a new enemy and try to implement a monster transformation that is not possible at the moment (closest now is the invitation bug with elusive exit, that swaps to a specific enemy though)
>>
>>183595090
Might be simpler to just rename the tiers what they actually denote instead of using memes.
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 861x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 861x968px
>>183595284
At least he enjoyed it.
>>
>>183595503
Meeting a Bone Bearer in the weald would be terrifying
>>
>>183596092
What would happen if there's a corpse with a doot and virago?
>>
>>183596196
hell
>>
>>183589174
Shamblers are easy if you aren't a total retard.
>>
>>183586169
>This might actually give some reasons to play dumb damage dealers like Leper rather than stun spamming melees and Flag.
My soloution to this would be to make stress dealers deal less stress, and make damage dealers deal more damage. Front line enemies tend not to be very important, so you always focus down the backlines as soon as possible
>>
>>183589881
add +scouting, +surprise and -stress trinkets to antiquarian.
>>
>>183589881
>ressurection collar that low
>stun stone, x slayer rings, flesh's heart, portrait that low
>hag's ladle that high
>>
>>183598136
Resurrection's Collar is downright complete garbage and should only ever be used to fill up a trinket slot in the early game if you don't happen to have anything better. Falling for the Death's Door meme is suicide. You value prot far more than a tiny percentage of survival which is only useful AFTER you've fucked up. You should never have to aim to land on death's door, but rather prevent it.
>>
>>183598568
Ressurection's collar is the one that gives +30% healing at the cost of bleed chance
>>
How do I choose which skills to bring in a party? I swear they all seem so useful?

Especially I have troubles with the Hellion, I like but I can't understand her best kit.
>>
File: 1499425736336.gif (183KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499425736336.gif
183KB, 500x250px
>>183598714
Help I'm becoming retarded
>>
Tips for fighting veteran siren? My lineup for it will be PD/Occ/BH/Hellion
>>
>>183598136
Hag's Ladle is best in slot for one of the best classes in the game (PD).
>>
>>183598714
Flagellant heals plenty enough, and his main form of damage is his outrageous bleeds. You don't want him to heal himself too much anyway so you can get multiple exsanguinates and redeems off on consecutive turns.
>>
>>183599042
True, but there's never anything quite like healing a leper with a crit heal for 100
>>
If they ever make Darkest Dungeon 2 do you want the old classes to return with new ones added or completely all new classes replacing the old ones?
>>
>>183600119
New classes with trinkets that are refrences to old classes.
>>
>>183600119
Old+New with a new advanced class system once a hero reaches max level, being able to branch out into two, or more, specializations that grant additional skills.
>>
>>183600119
New classes as well as bringing over all the old ones. No reason to cut out classes that people liked, plus I can't imagine it would be too hard for Red Hook if they use the same system.

On this note, what sort of custom class mods do you all like?
>>
>>183602024
>On this note, what sort of custom class mods do you all like?
Good ones.
>>
>>183600263
Cold War or modern era Lovecraft with more scifi and cosmic enemies. Classes that fit the time period but are more or less the same as their DD1 roles.
>HWM - Thug
>Grave Robber - Archeologist
>Vestal - Priest
>Bounty Hunter - Hired Gun
>Houndmaster - PI
>Crusader - Lawman
>Arbalest - Hunter
>Antiquarian - Journalist
>Occultist - Occultist (university student)
>Plague Doctor - Biologist
>Leper - Bouncer
>Jester - Busker (hobo who sings on the street)
>Man at Arms - Sergeant
>Flagellant - Interrogator
>Hellion - Butcher

Being able to 'evolve' your class and upgrade your skills to a number of specializations would also add more depth. More arcane classes would also be interesting, like psychics or "enlightened" humans (blessed/cursed by aliens with special powers that feed off their lifespan/HP).

All that's said, a mana/SP system will also mix things up a lot, for example each character starts with 2 SP; using the basic attack skill builds 1 SP up to 5, and each special skill every class has uses 0-5 SP. This will prevent people from cheesing heals as they will need to build up the SP to stun or heal by attacking the enemy. Some bosses and late game enemies will be able to remove SP from your characters, as will curios adding or subtracting starting SP for a number of battles.
>>
>>183602350
The best ones that I've seen are:
Pit Fighter, Scourge, Enigma, Seer, Warden, Prodigy, Revenant, and Commisar.

I'm trying out the Conqueror but he clearly wasn't playtested, he has a skill that gives +25% prot for an entire fight that can be used multiple times to stack it. Class is cool otherwise, his standard attack can bleed himself while also giving a small damage and accuracy buff.
>>
File: MEGACRITS.png (37KB, 336x415px) Image search: [Google]
MEGACRITS.png
37KB, 336x415px
>>183585165
Desu desu
>>
What are you favourite skins /dadg/?
>>
>>183602898
none because I don't customize expendable pawns
>>
>>183602982
>not having teams of cherished heroes once you've gotten good
>>
dazed
>>
File: plague_doctor.sprite.afflicted.png (1MB, 2134x1131px) Image search: [Google]
plague_doctor.sprite.afflicted.png
1MB, 2134x1131px
I just noticed the breast, is the plague doctor fe.male?
>>
File: easy mode.png (215KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
easy mode.png
215KB, 600x455px
Any drawfriends here? I'd like to request PD and Hellion as the two girls in pic related.
>Eeeh? Radiant mode?
>Only kids play in Radiant mode!!
>How Lame
>Kya ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
>>
>>183605759
Yes.

In her equiptment/skill/whatever descriptions she has female pronouns.
>>
>>183605151
feeling
>>
File: 1453710218849.png (159KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453710218849.png
159KB, 500x375px
>>183605905
>>
>>183606241
GR looks like she's wearing shades
>>
>>183589881
Great list m8. Personally I'd put Shameful Locket and Highwayman's set bonus in general to God-tier or even Elder God. The Locket's bonus to CRT is very nice with Highwayman's already high percent chance and skill boosts and the ACC bonus is very nice. The stress bonus from it is also insignificant compared to other great trinkets and is actually a benefitt to getting the set bonus since it gives Highwayman a more than 50% chance to strike a virtue whenever he hits his stress threshold which can be very powerful.potentially.
>>
How would you guys fix the balance in the game?
>>
File: 1500681176529.gif (1MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500681176529.gif
1MB, 450x450px
>>183589881
why is holy orders above +10% max hp for crusader
>>
They should add special "swarm" fights that happen sometimes. Certain fights would have like 8 guaranteed reinforcements as soon as any enemy dies. They'd be like super challenge encounters like the fanatic or collector
>>
File: 1436157349236.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1436157349236.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>183608160
>spider swarm
>>
File: 5525252.png (425KB, 435x644px) Image search: [Google]
5525252.png
425KB, 435x644px
>Try to use camping equipment
>Forgot that i was inspecting a chest
>"It had no effect"
>>
Fluff wise I find it kinda cool that highwaymen have the best chance at virtues with a +45 with the set bonus from the Crimson Court. Sometimes I feel like Red Hook REALLY likes that class along with everyone else.
>>
>>183607189
change most buff/debuff and aoe skills to start with

change up the useless trinkets

no clue what to do with the slow classes

leper and crusader are lacking since their drawbacks are so big while the benefits are minimal
>>
File: 1465055843344.png (152KB, 237x344px) Image search: [Google]
1465055843344.png
152KB, 237x344px
>>183589881
>white text on black background
>>
>>183609306

Just give them the ability to do chip damage even if they miss.

A good chunk of difficulty in this game comes from missing attacks.
>>
>>183608760

Or worse, dogs.

Got my fucking occultist dead because four sanic fast dogs kept biting until he had like 10 bleed per turn and the fucker died at the first deaths door tick.

Seriously, the AI in this game sure loves fucking up the one guy they know will die the fastest.
>>
Generally speaking, what classes are considered good and which are considered kinda shitty? I am fairly new. I do want to keep using the Crusader regardless. Deus Vult.
>>
>>183606697
Fair point about the locket which makes it a better focus ring, but virtue chance is still an unreliable gamble. I'll bump it up but it's probably not deserving of god tier which are bonuses with objectively good stats (reliable)

>>183608050
+10% max hp is nothing and the main draw of holy orders is the hefty -20% stress reduction, the deathblow resist and virtue chance being bonuses. Blight and bleed chance don't really matter.

>>183609354
I bet you don't even use Tomorrow
>>
>>183609921
If you're going to use Crusader take advantage of his stress heal. You can drag out rounds by keeping two enemies alive, and if you can out-heal their damage with your healer and use your Crusader to stress heal your party.

I'm not going to go through each hero, but here are some tips that will help you pick a good party.

Health is always better than dodge

Highwayman melee skills are better than his ranged ones, the only ranged one you should take is his pistol shot for taking out stress damage dealers in the backline quickly.

Do not use Leper, people here will try and seduce you with screenshots of huge crits and big boy damage, but his accuracy is trash and his misses WILL get your party killed eventually.

Stuns are incredibly useful, do not underestimate them.

Using Bleed/Blight on bosses is the most efficient way to kill them.
>>
>>183610587
>tomorrow
>white on black
pick one
>>
>>183610651
If I can buff Acc or debuff enemy dodge, is Leper considered fair? I have had kinda iffy luck for frontliners from the stage coach. Man at arms, crusader, and 1 bounty hunter are all I have for non-leper frontlines.

And are Jesters even worth it? They seem like far more trouble than they are worth.
>>
>>183609921

Meh Tier : Leper, Crusader, Jester

Harry Enfield Tier: Antiquarian

Decent Tier: Grave Robber, Highwayman, Arbalest, Abomination

Good Tier: Hellion, Man-At-Arms, Bounty Hunter, Occultist

Great Tier: Houndmaster, Vestal, Plague Doctor

Getting Nerfed Tier: Flagellant

All classes can be made viable and work just fine in the right circumstance - in the long run, it's still best to have as varied a roster as you possibly can.

What makes a hero good is versatility, heals and stuns. The less flexibility and utility heroes have, the harder it is to pick them over someone else.
>>
>>183609306
I'd make frontline enemies much more dangerous, so there is more of a point towards attacks that only hit the frontlines
>>
>>183611043
>vestal
>great
babbies out
>>
>>183611004
You could in theory do that for the Leper, but then you're taking extra steps to make the Leper more consistent when you could just pick another front liner that already comes with that. Your front liner isn't supposed to do huge amounts of damage usually, that's what your backup fighter is for most of the time. Your frontliner needs a fair balance of utility and damage.

Jesters are pretty garbage, primarily because of what I mentioned earlier about HP always being better than dodge. Dodge is unreliable defense, and is virtually useless against harder enemies with huge accuracy stats. That in combination with the Finale buff makes him very useless, the only good thing about his kit is his stress heal. But a houndmaster will always be a better option.
>>
>>183611287
>party-wide healing
>bad

Begone, fiend!
>>
>>183611043
> meh
> crusader
But.. Deus Vult!
>>
>>183607189

Leper and Jester need complete overhauls, their concepts simply don't work in the context of the game. Crusader isn't that bad but he's still in his weak vanilla stage and needs serious buffs to make him fun to play.

A vast majority of the trinkets need to be buffed. Nerfing top-tier trinkets won't do shit. Unfortunately the majority of Crimson Court trinkets show the devs themselves, whilst being able to create a great battle system, still have no idea how players actually navigate around it to get results. The result is that any of the new trinkets being good just seems to be a massive coincidence, and not fully intentional on their part.

There are still bullshit enemies like groupers, Virago and mosquitos that need to be nerfed slightly.

Unholy slayer is a useless quality because unholy enemies and rare and easy to deal with.

The religious/non-religious system needs some reworks so it works more like a faction system that can be affected by quirks.

Hunger Checks are retarded and have never not been retarded ever since they were introduced.
>>
S O O T H E D
E
D
A
T
E
D
>>
>>183611480
>but then you're taking extra steps to make the Leper more consistent
You just run focus ring and sun ring or grab natural swing if you get a little lucky. I agree he could use more utility but if you think you'll be needing to clear weaker front line enemies consistently like mosquitos and manservants in the courtyard he can fill the role.
>>
>>183609921
Some people are going to tell you that dodge is shit but they are usually wrong. Health means you can take less damage, dodge means you take less damage, stress, blight, bleed, stun, debuff and move. The only place where it isn't useful is in some of the very end dungeons where enemy accuracy is high enough to hit you 100% of the time reguardless.

The jester is eh. He got nerfed really hard recently so nobody's really used him for a while. I wouldn't trust anyone to give you a good explanation of how good his final deal is because I doubt anybody has really played him much recently.

The leper is incredibly fun and is the best at certain bosses. The main issue is that he can only really attack the front two enemies and the game is built so that the back two enemies are almost always infinitely more threatening. This isn't an issue in the crimson court though, so by all means, go ahead. The enemies are all quite evenly spread there, and they always shuffle around.

There's a guy who does class reviews (?) and tells you what he thinks is good or bad. I personally hate him and disagree with most of what he says.

>>183611869
Personally I'd rather change the game than change the leper. I love him as a concept and I don't want to see him be something he's not. Currently, backline enemies are way too threatening while frontline enemies are way too weak.

Similarly, I'd rather they add more unholy enemies than change the things around them

I'd rather they revert the jester change (and maybe decrease damage overall) and just rename it something other than finale.
>>
>Vestal camping skill
>Self: If religious: prevents nighttime ambush
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>183612345
The skills autogenerate these descriptions based off the game code, so it probably just got coded in awkwardly.
>>
>>183612060
But the other big problem with leper is his utility. He has no way to buff his party, his debuffs are weak, he has no guard ability, no way to stress heal his party, and no stuns. The only thing he has is a corpse clear (Which is not always a good thing) and a knockback. Not worth taking over a lot of other characters for the same role.
>>
>>183612345
her stress relief camping skills are complete ass if you aren't running a DEUS VULT lineup, seriously what were they thinking when they designed her skills
>>
>>183612483
I think they should buff how much marks effect an enemy's chance to attack someone. I've never really noticed any enemy other than, say, mushroom men, attacking marked targets more than non-marked targets (and with mushroom men, you very specifically don't want to be marked)

Marks should be a decent alternative to a guard, rather than being either completely negligible or actively damaging.

Also his campfire stress heal is decent.
>>
>>183612483
Yeah the lack of utility is a problem as is his inability to deal with shuffles. I don't use him much but it's not because he can't hit things. It would be an interesting solution if he had a guard that moved him forward 2.
>>
>>183585206
Do you use TOP? Looking to know how balanced it is, considering using it since one of the devs literally told us to use it instead of them balancing trinkets themselves
>>
I have 14k gold on my 20 weeks campaign. How can I earn money other than having an Auntie? I didn't get one for sooo long and I didn't know how useful she was before.
>>
File: 0.png (360KB, 538x550px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
360KB, 538x550px
Town Guard class when?
>>
>>183613947
They wouldn't be doing a very good job at protecting the town if you'd send them out.
>>
File: Guild.png (452KB, 811x757px) Image search: [Google]
Guild.png
452KB, 811x757px
>>183613947
Guild guys class when?
>passive ability, your party gains more xp
>>
>>183614236
But they look cool.
>>
NEW IDEA TO MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN AND CHALLENGING.

The Caretaker randomly takes the spot of one of your party members when going on mission. What do you think?
>>
File: 1445016212469.jpg (173KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445016212469.jpg
173KB, 800x1000px
>>183614597
>Someone specifically in the game to take care of the hamlet while you're gone
>Going with you
>>
>>183613925
Stop wasting money on things you don't need and do more medium/long dark runs.
>>
File: point.jpg (13KB, 146x266px) Image search: [Google]
point.jpg
13KB, 146x266px
>>183613947
What's he pointing at?
>>
New player here.

Is Finale build Jester totally pointless?
So much for so little pay off.
And he fucks with your positioning.
And he needs to be medicined after to stop him from eating all the damage
>>
>>183614597
Then who's going to take care of the Hamlet, you silly goose?
>>
>>183613251
Leper Unchained gives his knockback move a Forward 1, and you can use it further back in the line.
>>
>>183612483
Leper and Crusader have the same problem in that they're tanks but they can't draw aggro beyond marking themselves, which enemies will just conveniently ignore and rape your backline. I'd attempt to fix it by giving both of them guard, and they will differ from the other guards.

>Crusader
Bulwark of Faith becomes infinite use as it was before, increase PROT by 20%/24%/28%/32%/36%, and increases torch by 5/6/7/8/10 per use. Reduced damage and stress damage from Unholy. Guards an ally for 1 turn.

>Leper
Revenge now guards an ally for 1 turn, marks self and gains +20%/24%/28%/32%/35% extra damage, +10/11/12/13/15 ACC, +1%/2%/3%/4%/5% CRIT, -15 dodge and -25% PROT. He gains 10%/12%/15%/18%/20% extra damage each time he receives damage from enemy attacks for 1 turn.
>>
>>183614706
This 5
>>
>>183614706
He's not pointing, he's dabbing.
>>
>>183614706
He's checking these digits
>>
>>183615028
He should get his eyes checked, then.
>>
>>183614737
Finale Jester used to be good before it was nerfed into the ground, it isn't worth using at all now.
>>
>>183614737
Not the best but having all of his abilities give bonuses to Finale and then not using it when his only other options for remaining backline are just somewhat redundant bleed moves and the fact being able to shuffle a team can be a gamechanger in an emergency, I can't not run it.
>>
>>183614906
I'd rather they change marks to actually help. Marks -should- be a viable alternative to guards.
>>
>>183615419
Marks and Guards can't really coexists though.

Either marks are useless, or they completely invalidate guards by acting as a party-wide guard.

Not something you can really balance.
>>
>lose my favorite plague doctor fighting a croc
>get my favorite vestal back from beyond

Not sure how to feel about this 2bh
>>
>>183616537
I'd just increase the chances of marks changing enemy behaviour. Currently it's "supposed" to draw enemy aggro, but it rarely does. I'd just make it far more likely to aggro people, rather than just making it a forceguard on the entire team.
>>
>>183585165
you can't stop me
>>
File: fuck it keep going.jpg (107KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
fuck it keep going.jpg
107KB, 1058x705px
>fighting prophet with a team i now realize was pretty shit for the fight
>Vestal-Hound-Crusader-Bounty
>swap around some to buffer the first few rocks
>trying to burn through the pews as fast as possible
>marking them, calling them heratics, everything
>houndmaster eats vomit and dies in one hit after DD
>"maybe i can salvage this"
>finally get all the pews down
>then the crusade bites it with everyone else barely alive
>pic related
>Cumin the motherfucking bounty hunter will not die until this bounty is claimed
>10+ potential death blows and keeping on
>vestal desperately healing with the party heal to sustain then and not have every hit be a potential deathblow
>fucking murder the Prophet with both on DD
that man earned a right to live
>>
Guys, how do I run no healer teams?
I always end fucked up whenever I don't have a Vestal or Occultist with me.
>>
>just killed the countess
>holy shit yassssssss fuck the crimson curse
>see there are still boss kill missions on the courtyard
>huh, what's this about a stone guardian
>see the rewards are CC trinkets
>set a party for the courtyard immediately: arb/occ/flag/bh
>get to the boss fight
>goddamn those resistances
>damn annoying lance, kill it
>damn annoying shield, kill it
>statue starts going apeshit on me
>what the fuck is this glare bullshit
>the fucking statue just killed my occ and arb
>fuck you I'm not retreating
>survive on redeems
>fuck I can't believe I just defeated this huge stone pile of bullshit with two people
>get the rewards but this doesn't end here
cont.
>>
>>183617302
Have you tried taking less damage?
>>
>>183618060
By killing things first I suppose?
>>
>Every skin I downloaded from the nexus is broken as fuck now
>have to download them all again hoping shit will fix
How did the manage to fuck up even shitty skins? Goddamit.
>>
>>183618493
They updated various class animations which breaks non-updated skins.
>>
>>183617334
>I'm gonna get a round two against this stone bitch
>do an in between mission to rest
>so what the fuck do I do to avoid the GLARE
>I think it may be because it's left without any other attack option
>so if I just kill the shield, since it's his most annoying attack form, and leave the lance, it will be okay!
>I got you now you shitty piece of rock
>party:
>vestal (party heal in case everything goes wrong and I have to try and survive with 4 death's doored characters)
>man-at-arms (not only riposte, in case of GLARE, also buffs and guard)
>highwayman (riposte and that shit)
>leper (so the piece of rock has no dodge and if I equip the +damage against stonework trinket he could be doing some serious damage, I hope)
>oh boy, does overconfidence ever be an slow and insidious killer
>get to the boss fight
>kill the shield
>lets start this party
>HATRED BEYOND TIME
>THE GLARE IS COMING
>get my party rekt
>still manage to hang on
>kill the lance
>crits and shit manage to bring almost entire party to affliction check
>vestal affliction check
>everyone's on death's door
>okay so I need to survive on party heals from now on
>in the first turn of this, the afflicted vestal acts on her own and tries to stun the stone soldier
>WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU HOPLESS SWINE
>next GLARE deathblows her while the rest death's doored chars survive
>SERVES YOU RIGHT
>abandon fight
>abandon stress causes hwm to go vigorous
>thanks dude but a bit too late
>>
>>183619319
so when I kill the lance nothing happens but if I kill the shield... huh, so that's how it works

to be continued (probably tomorrow)
>>
File: 20170723032911_1.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170723032911_1.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
Forgot to equip my guys with trinkets for the final boss lol. DoT can carried me anyways
>>
2 of my characters just fucking fused what the fuck??
>>
What are some weak skills that need buffing?
I'm thinking:
-Increase bleed of hound's harry
-add speed debuff to antiquarian's pocketsand
-add prot debuff to occultist's vulnerability curse
-add restoration to battlefield medicine
-add mark to vestal's illumination and increase damage on hand of light, increase accuracy allround
-increase heal/damage on crusader to rival vestal's single target heal, or add some other effect to the heal
-increase chances of self marks getting enemy aggro to make crusader/leper tanking more effective
-increase knockback chance of purge, increase damage as well
-add crit bonus to graverobber's toxin trickery
-increase damage to highwayman gun skills
-make caltrops effect both back ranks, rather than just one
-decrease stun chance of barbaric yawp to 100 base or less, and/or make those skills immune to being cured via herbs
-change abominations's bile to attack one enemy in any position, with a small amount of base damage and a higher blight
-revert finale change, rename finale, decrease it's damage overall
-add some other buff to rallying flare. Possibly accuracy.
-increase bleed/damage of flag's rain of sorrows. Half damage or maybe a full bleed.
>>
>>183587169
Nah, you can do it whenever. In fact it isn't even necessary to beat all the bosses to win the game.
>>
>>183619634

You're better off just modding those in yourself than wait for Red Hook. Aside from Crusader's Bulwark of Faith, have they even made any roster wide balances to skills recently?
>>
File: Meme Arab.jpg (483KB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Meme Arab.jpg
483KB, 1920x1044px
You haven't lived til you've walked through a dungeon just annihilating everything with Ceiling Noodles.
>>
>>183619993
They changed highwayman's aiming shot thingy to work in the same way as the crusader's bulwark (the buff lasts forever).
Also, the whole jester nerf.
>>
>>183618701
This annoya me so fucking much. Especially because there isn't a fix for some of those skins already, and I love skins.
>>
>>183620383

Then do it yourself? Either that, or PM the modder if he's still around.
>>
>>183620217
Dude they hit for 5 damage and crit for 16. I get my jollies from snort and nindulast criting for upwards of 35 damage and flagmans 1 button press 5 damage bleeds.
>>
>>183619634
Try out the Classes Unchained mod. It has a number of those in it.
Like, the Highwayman Grapeshot does -prot on hit for example, and the Crusader's self mark also adds riposte.
>>
>>183620638

With all those bonuses stacked together they pretty much wipe out the entire backrow in one blast.
>>
>>183620217
The occultist is straight up OP in the cove. Why you would do cove without an occultist and a plague doctor in your party is beyond me. They make it easy modo.
>>
Asking modders, how do you add a sound to a riposte ?
>>
>>183621086
If there was any other reliable source of back row blight and stun, plague doc wouldn't be so essential. She's really important in the Warrens for removing disease and killing those fucking puking pigs too.
>>
>>183621286
Plague Doctor in the warrens? Nah. Use houndmaster/arb/hellion/grave robber if you want to kill the back rows. Hell, grave robber can remove diseases and deal sufficient backrow damage.
>>
Please help me be a filthy cheater by reading spoilers but will I still need revelation protection in DD3?
>>
>>183621672
no
>>
>>183621137

Go to your custom class' audio folder and add:

{"event_id": "event:/char/ally/[insert name of hero here]_riposte1", "guide_override":"{[insert GUID of sound effect you want to use here]}"}

You can get the list of GUIDs somewhere in the steam worksop modding guide, or simply download FMOD.
>>
>>183621672
No, revelation is exclusive to DD2 bosses
>>
File: you dont say, champ.jpg (30KB, 696x152px) Image search: [Google]
you dont say, champ.jpg
30KB, 696x152px
>>
>>183621927
>>183622160
Thanks. I slightly wish the game would give me a hint about that. I bet many people who went in blind wasted 3 trinket slots on those.
>>
>>183620383
Its for the better, a lot of the old combat idles were inferior

Some that havent been updated are really showing their age compared to the fluidity of the newer ones, mainly the leper
>>
File: 1491958721502.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491958721502.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
>Finish all courtyard missions
>suddenly missions like "gathering blood is gone"
Great, now my only option for visiting the courtyard is to fight the stupid 40 round giant?
What happened to gather the blood mission? Where are there scouting and exterminate missions?
RED HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK
>>
>>183622021
Thanks a lot
>>
File: IMG_1938.jpg (266KB, 640x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1938.jpg
266KB, 640x924px
could someone draw this as a ruins skellington
>>
>>183622319
The game warns you if you try to embark without them.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (32KB, 645x201px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
32KB, 645x201px
>>183594624

too busy working to get to play much
>>
File: 1500672004035.jpg (34KB, 496x322px) Image search: [Google]
1500672004035.jpg
34KB, 496x322px
>>183621515
>grave robber
>she keeps the keks rolling with the freshest dank memes
>shares her cocaine and removes disease
>dodges everything
>You're looking a tad wan friend ;^)
>crits keep sanity nice and low
>walk out of the dungeon healthier than when you went in
9/10 hero desu desu
>>
File: Untitled.png (135KB, 387x345px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
135KB, 387x345px
So close.
>>
>>183621515
>Plague Doctor in the warrens
To be fair, the double stun is still ridiculously useful. She can keep them stunned while a leper or something mows down the front rows, then she can clear the corpses so that he can keep mowing

The double blight is also fantastic against the flesh
>>
File: 1382239382332.jpg (8KB, 328x343px) Image search: [Google]
1382239382332.jpg
8KB, 328x343px
I want to build up a group of four occultists, all with eldritch slayer, precise striker, and eldritch hater.

They'll be equipped with eldritch-killing incense, and also sun rings. I want to take them through DD1, just to see if it would work. This is a good idea, right?
>>
any simple draw request?
>>
>>183625145
The biggest problem would be stress, but it should definitely be possible.
>>
>>183625330
Will listening to Tunak Tun help my plays to succeed?
>>
How does resistance work exactly?

Let's say an enemy has 115% chance to apply a stun, and I have 100% stun resist, does that mean there's 15% chance for a stun to proc?
>>
>>183625145
The Finger
CRIT! 20
Bleed
ISIS man is at Death's Door!

Wyrd Reconstruction
Bleed

Deathblow!
>>
>>183625145
where's your ethereal crucifix bro, need that bleed resist for DD1 :^)
>>
File: 100% Completion.png (526KB, 1240x470px) Image search: [Google]
100% Completion.png
526KB, 1240x470px
It is done.
>>
>>183625320
wilbur as a cheerleader waving pom poms
>>
>>183625695
exactly
>>
>>183626113
Nice dude
which one was the hardest to get?
>>
>doing a suicide run on the cove at full darkness with fresh recruits
>they all go virtuous
Uhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>183627429
Keep them.
>>
>>183626401
Dysfunction/twisted and about to break took a while to get since my heroes kept rolling virtues. Death by trap was also a pain since they had to fail both the dodge roll and the deathblow roll.

The worst achievement is probably shadows blur together, but I got extremely lucky/unlucky and got that one au naturel.
>>
>>183627529
But two are lepers tho
>>
File: 1455705789088.jpg (74KB, 416x484px) Image search: [Google]
1455705789088.jpg
74KB, 416x484px
>>183574626
I've never ever heard of this, in my 1.5 years of playing. Is this some sort of recent-ish "balancing" to put Brothel in place with the other tavern shitholes?
>>
File: 2017-07-17_2053_1.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-17_2053_1.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Reminder that double-pull is the champion of the metagame
>>
>>183628091
how do you even stress heal anyways
>>
>>183628179
Big filthy crits son

Plus it's only a short mission so I'm pretty safe to stress them out, I've hit bank lategame so I'm cool with paying for 4 brothel/flagellation sessions
>>
>notice I have eldritch slayer on my occultist after an expedition
>costs 9k to lock it, but I don't have enough
>run another expedition and find 3 trapezehdrons in a secret room
>BINGO
>gets replaced by Balanced in the return screen

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>183628179
3 of those 4 classes have above average crit chance, I believe.
>>
File: vial pervert.png (35KB, 533x118px) Image search: [Google]
vial pervert.png
35KB, 533x118px
>>183628080
I don't know, it might be recent? I've only started playing on the 25th, and my tavern.building was last modified on the 25th, so I don't think any mods I've installed have fucked with it. In my searches I managed to find a recent post on Reddit within the past week that mentioned this happening as well, and even provided evidence of their tavern.building file having it.

\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\campaign\town\buildings\tavern\tavern.building.json
There should be a section in the brothel part that mentions this event. Can anyone check and confirm?
>>
File: 57104089_p0.jpg (157KB, 363x495px) Image search: [Google]
57104089_p0.jpg
157KB, 363x495px
>>183628992
>being so poor you can't even spare enough gold to lock in a single quirk on any given week
>>
>>183628992
>Get a good quirk from Curio
>replaced at the end of the quest
>>
>>183589881

Where are the Vestal's Scrolls? I mean the healing one does carry a heavy damage debuff but to be fair it makes her healing ridiculous with Junia's Head. You can easily pop 14+ in Veteran.
>>
>>183589881
How is the Moon Ring not in Elder God tier? If you even attempt a dark run there is zero reason to not use it.

Also the map should be higher just for the fact you can scout secret rooms, not get ambushed, scout out areas quickly so you can see if you need to go there, and gives a bonus chance to disarm traps which is a 8 stress heal for them.

Also
>Stun Amulet
>Decent
It gives excellent stun chance and gives you stun resist, it could make it so your stunner won't get stunned.

The Necromancers item is pretty limited as well so it shouldn't even be on the same level as the Ethereal Crucifix which has much more flexibility due to how many eldritch type enemies there are.

I may be blind or the Blood Thirst Ring isn't on that list.
>>
>onnabushi has no trinkets
fuck I really wanted to use this class
>>
ActionJack's kraken boss is out, unfortunately it comes with additional enemies.
>>
Is there a place where people compiled screenshots of all the hallucinations you get after going into the DD?
>>
>>183629897
it has the big downside of drastically lowering Stun chance, you can get away with it on lower levels, but you absolutely want to stun enemies higher on

Tome of Holy healing does pretty much the same without crippling your stun, use it instead
>>
File: 1498933858106.jpg (52KB, 1280x594px) Image search: [Google]
1498933858106.jpg
52KB, 1280x594px
I don't know how2flagman:
Should I load him up with Flesh's Heart and Chipped Tooth to have tanky hp and a greater range of <50% before hitting death's door?
>>
Cartographer's Camp 2gud
>>
>>183630693
What the fuck is this shit? We all know it is Occultist + Bounty Hunter.
>>
>>183628080
I've been playing this game for 5 weeks and I've lost 2 trinkets in there.

One of my Arbalast got distracted in the brothel and lost an orange abo trinket. Then, one of my hwm lost some grey shitty trinket in a bad gamble.
>>
>>183631058
That's gay.
>>
>>183631194
It takes all of 4 seconds to remove trinkets from a character before admitting them somewhere with random negative events.
>>
>>183630302

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>183631194
Losing trinkets in gambling, and drinking is well documented, but there seems to be a large lack of reports of losing them in the brothel. It seems it's really rare, but happens.
>>
>>183585073

Don't know a single thing about this game but it's on sale right now on the PS4. Is it worth it? I like RPGs and roguelikes.
>>
>>183631529

You're gonna miss out on mods but it's still really fun
>>
>>183631441
they're just recolors and shit, low quality
>>
Is the fanatic supposed to spawn on week 17? Because he just did
>>
>>183631529
It's pretty damn good and you'll probably enjoy it.

mods aren't THAT big of a deal because most of them are just skins.

I don't know if you're a phoneposter or not, but I would check to see if your computer can run it first because there are some good skins out there
>>
>>183631431
If you have them go in trinket-less then they can pull from your trinket inventory.
>>
>>183630693
I'd avoid the flesh's heart, cause DoT's are a very reliable and predictable way of taking damage for redeems
>>
>>183630067
Sun rings is all you need famalan
>>
Please tell me there's a way to fix the non-working sound effects of the Musketeer mod (non reworked)
>>
>>183633450
>non-reworked
for what purpose?
>>
>One room before Hag
>Risk camp because some heroes are close to 50 stress
>Get ambushed
>A Fucking Ghould
>Skull Toss my Grave Robber
>Crits
>44 fucking stress
>Skull Toss nexxt turn
>Death door, 92 total stress

Fucking not worth it man.

Well the Hag was a piece of shit and died in 3 turns but fuck.
>>
>>183634217

Because I'm wary of custom classes.
>>
>>183634436
>not bringing one hero that prevents ambushes
>>
>>183634556

Musketeer Rework is great though. She's a ranged class that doesn't need an entire party made around her just to support her damage output

Plus she can easily get back into the backlines with retreating shot and help with stress with her stress heal
>>
>>183634556
You're wary of custom classes, but not?
Just download the latest musketeer mod from the "More /vg/ skins & classes + Musketeer" in the OP. It's basically the only balanced mod class in existence and is pretty nice to add more heroes to the roster
>>
>>183634868

That's in the pastebin I got the musketeer. The first link. Sounds just don't work.
>>
>>183634710
Entire teams need to be built around Arb? All she really benefits from is someone else to mark, which is the same issue a bounty hunter has. I mean, yeah, she wants to stay in position 4, which sucks sometimes, but thats not much different than hellion wnating to stay in position 1.
>>
>>183635003
Well there is the musketeer reworked standalone on steam now
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953863272
>>
File: 20170724020707_1.jpg (201KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170724020707_1.jpg
201KB, 1366x768px
Is it viable to just send a single shitter and make him retreat to stress heal my other heroes? My last missions failed early, and the heroes of the one before all wanted to go in the shitty penitence hall where our lovely caretaker is since 3 weeks.

Also, I'm seeing a pattern here. Mh.
>>
>>183625320
this pls >>183622802
>>
Does the Shrieker fight give XP?
>>
So if I fail to scout a secret room in the Crimson Court I'm just fuckarooed?
>>
>>183636563
Yes.
>>
A lot of people complain about the Jester. To me, he works fine. When you play in Hardcore Mode you need to improve everything and finish the dungeons with a party with low stress is one of the things.
I use the Jester in:
-Long runs and epic runs(like crimson curts and darkest dungeon)
-Warrens and sometimes in weald.
-Against Abomination
>>
File: 20170723204331_1.jpg (327KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170723204331_1.jpg
327KB, 1600x900px
Get shat on Flesh.
>>
>go to start another mission to rank up some new guys
>accidentally start a short ruin mission with flag because I thought I switched him with MaA
>Didn't even have good attacks with him since he was level 0
>forgot to unlock his abilities that trigger off low HP
>brought a houndmaster to stress heal but he does fuck all for stress healing
>brough a leper to do alpha damage but forgot to bring trinkets to increase accuracy
>everyone is afflicted by the third room in a short dungeon
>literally everyone gets a heart attack but the leper who for some reason had no stress on him at all until that room then got afflicted right away
I just got reminded

Went back to town and got the +6 people on the stagecoach event though so I guess it's not all bad
>>
>tfw you get to the Viscount in one trek but he wrecked my whole party and was left at 12 hp

Fffffffffff rip trinkets and flagman
>>
>>183638843
>houndmaster only stress heals for 3
Why do people think he is good for this?
>>
>>183637497
Houndmaster, Crusader, and Flagellant all have combat stress heals while being better, more flexible heroes overall. The other perks you get from bringing them along vastly outweigh the slightly stronger stress healing you get from bringing a Jester, which is ultimately more of a convenience and time-saver than anything else considering you have an effectively infinite amount of turns to get to 0 stress if you're using proper stalling tactics.

His low base HP also makes him a large risk in champion dungeons where he's almost always a crit away from death's door. His first turn 1-shot was absurdly good before, but it was also the only thing keeping him remotely competitive on higher difficulties. Without it there's no good reason to bring him over a Houndmaster or Flagellant.
>>
>>183639712
>3 stress heal hm
BUT WHY do people think this is good?
>>
>>183639837
don't forget the stress heal isn't even confirmed
it's a 66% chance per person to get that meager stress heal
>>
>>183639519
>it is still 50% chance of occurring

I don't know what were they thinking
>>
>>183639964
Honestly I want to make a mod that makes it either A be 100% going to heal that stress or B heals more than just fucking 3.
>>
>>183613712
I don't use TOP. I don't like how it handles balancing. I'm thinking of doing my own balance pass on the trinkets eventually.
>>
>>183639837
>>183639950
>>183639964
>>183640071
It's a 7 stress heal at level 5.
>>
File: Depraved rough.png (119KB, 647x654px) Image search: [Google]
Depraved rough.png
119KB, 647x654px
Had a fun idea for a class mod before realizing I will probably never have the tools to make it. Was gonna be a character that's ridiculously high risk and reward.

Here's a paste bin just because I don't want to post a retarded block of text. https://pastebin.com/Hk89yKFj

Judge me. Is it shit?
>>
>>183640071
Why not do both?

>>183640358
>only having a 19% chance to heal 28 stress across all characters
>when jester and crusader both exist and can guarantee that stress heal and do more
>>
File: 20170723211144_1.jpg (204KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170723211144_1.jpg
204KB, 1600x900px
Not a bad haul
>>
>>183640449
So basically it's like leper x10
>>
File: file.png (369KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
369KB, 637x358px
>AJ has finally released his Cove Enemy Mod
FUCKING FINALLY
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1087665130&searchtext=
>>
>>183640476
And Cry Havoc still nets you more stress healing over time, which you have no shortage of if you're stalling fights properly.
>>
>>183641020
>stalling fights
Coward.
>>
>>183640476
>>183640358
>>183639964
>>183639519
One mod I am using makes it a guaranteed stress heal, and another mod boosts the amount. They aren't compatible mods, though.
>>
>>183640731
A little bit of leper, a little bit of flagellant. Was more going for something that turned a run into absolute havoc.
>>
>>183641020
>19% chance
66% chance for each.
Literally you can roll to not stress heal anyone

also
>7 at rank 5
you saying I would have to use a trash stress healer until he's rank 5 to get him to be even in the possible area of good stress healing?
And to not use a jester who stress heals 15 per person guaranteed per turn at rank 5?
>>
File: 1474914287814.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1474914287814.png
296KB, 649x649px
>surprise enemies
>miss every attack on them
>>
>>183641419
>they get their turns
>they hit every attack

Round 2!
>they get their turns first
>they hit every attack again
>>
>>183641309
>Literally you can roll to not stress heal anyone
And you have a slightly higher chance to stress heal everyone.

>you saying I would have to use a trash stress healer until he's rank 5 to get him to be even in the possible area of good stress healing?
And to not use a jester who stress heals 15 per person guaranteed per turn at rank 5?
Even I wouldn't use an apprentice-level Cry Havoc for stress healing, but those dungeons are easy enough that you don't even need to. Camping skills are all you need to keep your stress at bay until champion dungeons.

At level 5 I wouldn't use a Jester for stress healing because it comes with the luggage of a glass cannon character who's useless at every other task. Below level 5 I wouldn't use a Jester because he's taking up a party slot that could be used to level up a character that'll actually be useful in the darkest dungeon.
>>
Does the baron quest always reward absinthe, or am I just unlucky?
>>
>>183631704
whenever medium infections start
>>
>>183641419
And that's why you always run +ACC trinkets.
>>
>>183642047

I think the reward is fixed once the quest appears (at least if you pass weeks in non Courtyard), but it can be different. I had the Lioness Warpaint personally.
>>
>>183635435
stop sending lvl 0 plebs to stress heal, just fire them

that occultist should be in a party with the jester getting stress healed for free
>>
Has anyone else tried double plague doctor? It's ridiculous.
>>
>>183642531
If you haven't already, try running that with a YAWP Hellion.
>>
>>183642307
>stop sending lvl 0 plebs to stress heal, just fire them
How else are you going to get high level characters? That strat seems unreasonably stingy; money isn't THAT rare.
>>
>>183642531
Ezpz cove at least.
I mix it up with a frontline occultist for heals, one more stun and stabbing.
>>
>>183642636
upgrading the Stage Coach duh.
>>
>>183642613
I'm currently going Leper+Vestal+PD+PD
I'd probably take a flag if it wasnt the ruins

The leper is just a fucking lawnmower.
>>
>>183642613
>>183642827
update: just killed the collector in 3 turns
>>
File: 20170723223506_1.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170723223506_1.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
Finished the game for the first time.
I didn't know what to expect outside of sacrificing 2 heroes for DD4 so I was at the same time thankful and a little disappointed after doing DD2 and DD3
I didn't matter how well I did in the courtyard and champion missions I was really NOT ready for DD2 and DD3. Good luck and probably using HMs is what saved me. This turn-based game is more thrilling than anything else I've played recently.

Rip Dismas, died to the Baron when I was still ignorant about a lot of the game.

Do people here keep grinding for trinkets or do they generally retire the game until DLC comes by?
>>
>>183642636
By not getting them stressed out in the first place, or curing their stress during missions.

Jesters and Flagellants have strong stress heals they can use during combat early-game, while Crusaders and Houndmasters have weaker ones that pick up later on. Graverobbers and Occultist crit often enough to manage your stress for you by running them normally. Literally every class can heal stress while camping too, so you should always be doing medium/long missions.
>>
>>183642636
only keep heroes with good quirks and upgrade the stagecoach

have rotating crews so minor stress heals over time on its own

stress healers can make the buildings in the hamlet nearly obsolete
>>
>>183643051
try Pitch Black Dungeon.
>>
>>183643051
Now you go for 100% achievement completion and beat the game on Bloodmoon.
>>
>>183643103
Oh what made me stop being afraid and finally do DD3 was losing 3 heroes when I was looking for a shambler fight.
My main stun-dealer skipped his turn and a squiffy ghast caused 3 heart attacks.
After that I realized I needed to stop playing around. DD2 had nearly traumatized me.
>>
>>183643339
nevermind im retarded
Didn't realize that was a mod.
>>
I figured out that you can effectively have really high speed by instead having really low speed.

I was in a shambler fight and my leper had some kind of debuff that made his speed so low that he had his turn after the shambler, meaning that he could hew two fresh shambler spawn every single turn. It was deliciously cheesy
>>
>>183617035
Use a bunch of heroes with off-heals or self-heals, like arby (with medic's greaves), crusader, hm, leper, etc.
Keep your speed high.
Use stuns and concentrate fire well so enemies get few attacks per round.

I was able to stomp the brigand pounder and take very little damage throughout the mission with arby/gr/abom/abom on veteran
>>
Really love the aesthetics on this game but kinda shit at dungeon crawler's so I figured I should ask before slamming down any cash, would it be worth buying this if one isn't all that gr8 at this vidya genre? Or is it purely only enjoyable as a challenge thing?
>>
>>183644478
The game gets significantly easier once you figure things out and upgrade your dudes. Once the difficulty cranks back up again, you'll probably know what you're doing.
>>
>>183644547
Frankly, outside of new enemies, I'd say that the jump from apprentice to veteran requires the player to master the mechanics while to champion needs that and also good trinkets else missed attacks and resisted stuns or other status effects are super common.
>>
>digestion crits my healer for 34 damage
>applies 8 dpt blight
help
>>
>>183645206
This is no place for the weak or the foolhardy.
>>
Did I just have great luck or does hunger not trigger in DD3?
>>
>>183645669
I'm pretty sure hunger checks were toned down significantly for the darkest dungeon missions.
>>
File: 20170723223242_1.jpg (234KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170723223242_1.jpg
234KB, 1600x900px
The female crusader skin is so good, it looks like it was made by the devs themselves.
>>
Boop Art Anon here? Trinket Mod anon here.
>>
>>183646178
If Reynauld isn't a girl crusader anon I will come over to your house and make her into your waifu
>>
>>183646402
>183646402

I was wondering if I could change his name and still get the achievement actually.
>>
Lol, Bounty Hunters seem to be an endangered species in my first run. They have been my only 2 deaths so far. The second one died to the brutal 4 grouper party.
>>
File: fugg.png (757KB, 750x984px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
757KB, 750x984px
uh, question, is the only way you can get into a hidden area is by scouting or do you guys click every block you move into?
>>183646178
thats actually a really good looking mid
>>
>>183640321
you should give it a shot
>>
>>183640812
too bad the boss isn't separate from the enemies
>>
>>183647384
Only by scouting, except for a specific room in a certain dungeon.
>>
>>183647869
thank you kindly
>>
File: 20170723220521_1.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170723220521_1.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
>first ever secret room
>don't have a key
FUCK
>>
File: 1458800258244.jpg (227KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458800258244.jpg
227KB, 600x900px
>>183646178
There are more than enough girls in this fucking game already you faggot. I never understand why devs fill the need to fill their games with women when it's totally out of them. If you wanna ad a female character or two as exceptions to the rule that's fine, but when you are playing a game about battling the deepest pits of hell it doesn't make much sense that half of the roster is female.

>autism rant over
>>
>>183648837

>Implying god tier waifu Jeanne d'Arc wouldn't have gone into the pits of hell in the name of God and wouldn't have inspired the heroes to do amazing deeds with her faith
>>
Would be pretty ill-fitting to the lore but a Belmont would look nifty in this
>>
>>183649152
I actually like the vestal for the reasons you described, religious motives can make warriors of anyone if they're devoted enough.

Hellion gets special points too, because shes just hardcore as fuck and fits with the theme.
>>
>>183649152
Don't poke the /pol/ nest. He said it was over just leave him be.
>>
>>183648837
I'm not really into turning every single model and sprite into my games into shitty fapbait myself but frankly anon, it's just a mod someone is using.
I wouldn't compare this to generals like TES where such mods become the center of circlejerking and cancer.
>>
>>183649308
>Wanting a believable foundation makes you a /pol/tard

If I was /po/ack I would then proceed to say something along the lines of "GOOD GOY"
>>
>>183646552
No idea. I don't dare touch reynauld or dismas at all so I can get that achievement. they just sit there idly as I use other heroes

>>183649308
IN THE NAME OF GOD
>>
File: wake me up.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.png
75KB, 325x244px
If I have 60k gold and exactly 50 portraits should I build the bank? How does the bank even work? Do I put a bunch of money in and after a dungeon I get a percent back right away?
>>
>>183650104
>Should I build the bank

Yes

That's all you need to know
>>
>>183650104
Yes, 5% amount of gold you have stored.
Do a few auntie runs and you usually become self-sufficient in gold between the 200-300k range.
Imagine that, free 20k gold every week.
>>
File: 20170723232734_1.jpg (274KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170723232734_1.jpg
274KB, 1600x900px
LIGHT PREVAIL!
>>
>>183650252
>>183650315

Very cool. I've got 3 aunts so would there be a good group that I can build maximizing my money gain?
>>
File: 20170723232906_1.jpg (351KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170723232906_1.jpg
351KB, 1600x900px
>>183650104

You put money in it and then use Antiquarians and eventually you make so much money off interest that you never need to worry about it ever again.
>>
>>183650431
1 Auntie is usually enough, just pick a good party around her and you should be fine.

Of course if you wanna get ballsy you could look up multiple antiquarian parties if you're an absolute mad man.

Also don't take her on short dungeons, Trinket Scrounge is too good of a camping skill to pass up.
>>
>>183650431
If it's an apprentice dungeon, 4 aunts can survive but it's still a bit risky and slow.
I don't have GOOD comps in my mind but I've noticed that a frontline auntie spamming Defend Me! on the other frontliner in the Weald makes giants easily manageable.
Other than that, auntie works by spamming the dodge buff, stabbing nearly dead enemies and using her accuracy debuff instead of the dodge buff when it's one really dangerous enemy.
>>
Corvid's Grace on a Graverobber, worth locking?
>>
>>183650623
Auntie is fucking crazy. Its like a free 30k moneys every time I bring her along.
>>
>>183650806
Yeah, but its funny how the bank manages to even fucking crazier when you save up enough money. At a certain point they serve no real purpose anymore and you kinda feel guilty to remove them to make more for other heroes.
>>
>>183650696
>free dodge on a high-dodge character
Totally.
>>
>>183650696
Dodge is a garbage stat
>>
>>183650696
Early game: Yes
Late game: No
Dodge is worthless at end game dungeons because "lol 120 accuracy fuck you"
>>
>>183650948
Yeah. But I'm bad at saving money. I can hardly get myself to 100k by the time I've got a good helping of rank 5-6 characters.
>>
File: 1499763440186.png (90KB, 220x266px) Image search: [Google]
1499763440186.png
90KB, 220x266px
>Corvid's Curiosity locked in
How did I let it come to this?
>>
>>183651120
You gotta think about the long run my dude, hold off on purging those quirks and upgrading that gear. That in combination with a couple antiquarian runs will make you never have to worry about money again.
>>
>>183651245
oh no, you have to spend a little extra from your bottomless coffers to remove it. You are aware it's not permanent, right?
>>
>Got vampirism cured on all my guys
>walk out of the warrens with 8 diseases
my poor vestal got syphilis from those corpse eater things
>>
>>183651783
Stop ruining my experience!

>>183652615
You can always bring a GR and a PD for 2 free cures per camp.
>>
>champion siren run
>mark team of arb/occ/gr/bh
>3 fights in a row of fish tank/spear/ summoner/squiffy
> 2/4 negatively afflicted, other half at 60+ stress

fuck this game fuck this game fuck this game fuck this game fuck this game

The only way to get enjoyment out of champion is to truly savor each successful encounter, because the RNG god can easily decide the run you've been planning weeks in advance will be fucked almost instantly by mini bosses
>>
>>183653291
You will probably need stress healers for champion dungeons. You lack those in that composition.
>>
>>183653431
I understand that, I was hoping I could make it to the boss within a couple battles with a party specifically tailored against the boss

I got really unlucky with my encounters and the enemy was well diversified in how they could operate as compared to mine being focused around single targets and stuns, which doesn't work as well when squiffy jumps to the front where only the BH gets an attack boost or a guard gets put up that my +50% chance to stun fails against.

Just gotta retreat, I at least recouped my expenses.
>>
Any tips for killing the hag?
>>
>>183654760
Hit her until she dies.
>>
File: Darkest_Dungeon_02.jpg (201KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_Dungeon_02.jpg
201KB, 1360x768px
How rare the wizened shrew is? She is not even in the curios list of the Darkest Dungeon wiki.
>>
>>183654804
thanks anon
>>
>>183654760
kill the pot first
>>
>>183654859
No problem, because that is how you do the fight. Always ignore the pot and just rush her with pure damage. Be prepared for anyone to get dumped in the back or the front of your party which can mess up your formation.
>>
File: 20170724003529_1.jpg (271KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170724003529_1.jpg
271KB, 1600x900px
Lads do I risk it? I never expected so much stress damage.
>>
>>183654839
Not that rare. By CC2 and 3 they are far more common than the hooded shrew.
They do give better trinkets than the hooded shrews, I really recommend giving them blood in your early game before all the unique trinkets have already dropped for you.
>>
>>183655146
Either lose one or gamble and lose them all

I would back out cause my MoA getting afflicted a couple turns into the fight lost all but one of my people
>>
File: 20170724004004_1.jpg (312KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170724004004_1.jpg
312KB, 1600x900px
>>183655272

I risked it.
>>
Why is getting surprised so inconsequential for the enemy? If you're faster than them it might as well do nothing. If you're slower it's essentially "the enemy attacks at the end of this turn and the start of next turn" which can easily result in death if they focus one hero down.
>>
>>183649784
no but being bothered by that kinda shit is a different issue entirely
>>
>>183630064
I'm bumping the stun amulet up and adding bloodthirst ring to decent tier. Not having to eat food on one guy is nice and all but the -healing received is a bitch, especially in warrens or cove where there are enemies that inflict -healing received debuffs. Moon ring and moon cloak are good for pitch black runs yes, but you really don't want to do it on harder difficulties lest you want to get raped by shamblers and a gorillion crits.

>>183629897
I'll put book of holy healing into elder god tier. On that note I'm moving chalice of haste into god because it's an underrated item, allowing you to go first on turn 1 and maybe stun something (-25% stun chance so not elder god tier), then making you slow in order to heal at the end of subsequent turns after the enemy. Youth chalice and profane scroll up a rank as well.
>>
>>183655419
Good on you, didn't have any problems with your MoA refusing to protect anyone I see

>>183655420
I'd like to see their formation flipped or shuffled like the player's, but either a full team stun or a one turn - 10% dam/prot debuff would also make suprise attacks more rewarding
>>
>>183656048

He was abusive, they never skip turns. I guess I lucked out in a way.
>>
What's the WORST affliction in your opinion?
>>
>>183655420
You use the chance to kill off or stun a couple enemies before they can act, which can often prevent stress or damage you would have otherwise taken. It's like having a quick draw charm on all your heroes for a battle.
>>
>>183656364
Abusive, because I realize I say a majority of the same things to my heroes
>>
>>183656364
Paranoid is pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>183656378
The problem with that is if you enter the battle with a desperate need to heal. If the enemy is surprised in this case, your choices are to kill them to minimize the damage from the approaching double attack, or heal and hope for the best. The former is risky due to dodges and low rolls, the latter is risky because they might just decide to attack one person. Neither should be imposed upon you when surprising the enemy is supposed to be a good thing.
>>
>>183656364
paranoid or irrational
>>
>>183656364
Irrational and masochistic.
>>
>>183656609
I can't say I've ever had that problem, surprises have always seemed pretty great to me.
>>
>>183656364
Overconfidence.
>>
>>183656378

Except if you have heroes with high enough speed it doesnt make any difference since you were going to get the first turn anyway. Only that this time one of your slow ass heroes also get to first first as well, which you shouldnt have brought in the first place.
>>
>>183656364
The Runs.
>>
>>183656927
10 karat kek
>>
>>183656926
It's a nightmare if you have a slow-ish party and miss/the enemy resists your stuff.

They can potentially hit you 8 times in a row without you getting to do anything about it
>>
>>183656364
Abusive can lead to a stress conga line pretty quickly
>>
Since we seem to be talking about surprise attacks and their worth, what would you change about surprise attacks to make them more rewarding, and to give the player a reason to use some of those bonus trinkets and camping abilities?

I think either a one turn stun/-50% stun resist OR a - 15% dam+prot debuff would give the player a slight advantage befitting an ambush and allow the player a little more flexibility as they could go on the offensive or heal/buff up while mitigating risk.
>>
>>183656364
Leprosy
>>
>>183657675
Create trinkets with +damage on surprised enemies.
>>
>>183657675

I would just shuffle the enemies. Stick the stress cunts up front and easy to murder. Fuck with their skills, force them to waste turn using shit like Harmless Poke or Escape Cloud.
>>
>>183629221
Just take one/two antiquarians, zero light and you're done.
>>
>>183646402
>Fem!Reynauld will never walk past your quarters and see you asleep in your chair
>You'll never wake up with her kneeling in between your legs <whistling>
>>
>>183659005
we need a drawfag on this now
>>
>>183657979
How would you make those trinkets worth using over any other trinket? What damage increase would you need to make it comparable to, say, a Sun Ring or even just a +5 dodge?

>>183658187
Essentially the same thing that happens to the player party then? That does seem fair, especially if you have the Lantern and high light to surprise enemies more often.
>>
File: 1500132362180.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1500132362180.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>183658187
>Shuffles Swineatuar to the back
>>
Is the Cure hardcoded? I have ideas for a Disease System Gameplay Tweak

>Making some diseases easier to get but also cheaper and easier to heal
>>
>>183659005
after finishing
>Reward, hard earned.
>>
>>183659005
More like
>Fem Reynauld sees you sleeping
>steals all your shit
>>
>>183659408
I just looked through it, it can only heal the Curse. It doesn't specify a disease but rather just checks if the actor is a vampire. I can still theoretically do what I'm planning but it'd be less balanced in my mind since it can heal any diseases
>>
>>183659408

Pretty much. Curing diseases is just a single generic script called .cure1 I think.
>>
>>183659408
>wasting a vampirism cure on bulimia or ennui
>>
>>183659803

Speaking of which, do you know how to give a specific disease via camping skill? I really need it.
>>
>>183659756
>steals your virginity
>>
>>183659005
>>183659469
>>183659756
>>183659931

Why do we not have any drawfags on this yet?
>>
Is it weird that I'm a good few hours in, every area except dd is level 4 minimum, and I've never lost a character?
>>
>>183660326
You're not impressing anyone until you can say that after running a few champion dungeons.
>>
>>183659756
>steals the content of your balls
>notice you're 350 gold lighter when the afterglow fades away
>confront her about it
>she triggers another quirk all over your pants
>>
>>183660569
>flawed release
>>
>>183660431
Lol not trying to impress anyone. Just disappointed with how easy it's been first 10 hours. I'm sure it'll get harder
>>
>>183660651
>-ACC quirk
>wrong hole
>Deviant Tastes
>I didn't say stop
>>
>>183610587
>10% max hp is nothing

whats the point of stress reduction for less hp if I have inspiring cry anyway
>>
>>183659897
no you fucking idiot. I was thinking of implementing Disease Cures in the Provision Screen for certain diseases. I'm retooling Diseases to have Major and Minor sects with Major ones only being able to be cured through the Sanitarium and Minor ones that can be cured by somewhat expensive provision items so that your hero can be right as rain (Maybe with a small rather vestigial debuff) without spending a week in the Sanitarium.
>>
>>183659926
Check the Doggo's or Ghoul's skills. They trigger specific diseases so they should probably have it. Though I'm pretty sure that's in effects. Not in buffs
>>
>>183648837
ur a gay
>>
>>183661078
What's the point of that when plague doctor and grave robber cure all your minor diseases for free? Hell flagellant whips the disease out of himself. You'd still have to send heroes with major diseases to the sanitarium.
>>
>>183661169

>Doggo

Okay I'll check that out. If we're talking active skills, then yeah you can give someone a specific disease, but camping skills work differently as they use different ids.
>>
>>183661343
Because what if I don't want to bring the fucking Plague Doctor or Grave Robber?
>>
Is Junia's Head really even necessary on an Occultist? He seems to alternate between 0's and full overheals anyway.
>>
>>183661732
>0
>3 (bleed)
>0
>stunned
>4
>CRITICAL 4
>23
>>
>>183656364
irrational for combat, abusive for mass stress
>>
>>183659349

You pic makes me wonder if something like smirk could work in DD
>>
>>183661604
>not bringing best waifus
You can also not bring your diseased guys and leave them at the sanitarium for less money? What sort of situation justifies bringing your one diseased guy and wasting extra money on them, choosing them over a healthy guy, especially on the same class?
>>
File: 1494555876430.png (66KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
1494555876430.png
66KB, 250x273px
>>183662630

>miss a Swine Skiver
>SMIRK
>he puts three of your party members onto death's door instantly from full health

no thanks
>>
File: ニャリ.png (978B, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
ニャリ.png
978B, 192x192px
>>183662630
>Smirk
>When any unit scores a crit or resists a status effect, or if it successfully dodges an enemy attack, it has a small chance to gain the Smirk status effect
>Smirk lasts for 1 turn and cannot be stacked until current instance of Smirk wears off
>Smirk grants additional 15% to crit, +25 dodge, doubles effects of all buffs and debuffs, causes all other status ailments (except stun) to last for 5 turns and +10 ACC
>Smirk can be removed from an enemy by landing a crit on a Smirked target, or inflicting a non-debuff status effect on a Smirked enemy (applies to player characters as well)
>Surprising the enemy grants your party a chance to start the battle with Smirk; same goes for the enemy party if you are surprised
>if entire party is smirked at the same time, recover 20% hp for free
>>
File: 20170723230050_1.jpg (223KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170723230050_1.jpg
223KB, 1366x768px
Alt+F4'd when my veteran of DD houndmaster died to a heart attack after fleeing a battle. When I started the game again, he was back at 200 stress but the heart attack wasn't triggering. I guess I'm a filthy cheater now. Should I just delete my save?
>>
>>183663851
>The

Is there a story here
>>
>>183663851
no but dismiss your houndmaster, at least he gets to retire instead of dying of a heart attack
>>
>>183663908
I named my DD1 party We Are The Flame.

>>183663928
Maybe I should just not use him again. It's not like he's taking up space in the roster.
>>
File: 1498023453752.jpg (207KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498023453752.jpg
207KB, 1024x768px
>>183663721

>Skiver with smirk
>Giant with smirk
>Shambler spawns with smirk
>Squire with smirk

The game would be fucking lethal as fuck with party wipes left and right
>>
>leveling up the lowbies, bring along an antie for a bit of a gold buff
>no light to make the most of above
>suddenly shambler

Fucking shamblers, man.
>>
File: 1486937245126.jpg (131KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
1486937245126.jpg
131KB, 600x509px
>>183664278
>need some cash
>just a quick lvl 5 run with my favorite auntie with fuckload of dodge and my abo who defeated the final boss
>first fucking square in the map is a Shambler
>fail the retreat

Shamblers are no fucking joke
>>
>>183588645
This please.
>>
>Lose Junia's head and the Ancestor's map while fighting the fanatic
>Several collectors and secret rooms later, nothing but treasure
>Just bullied the shambler again and got 0 rewards

I'm never getting them back, am I?
>>
>>183664726
sell the dildo for 7k so it drops it again

shrieker has tour map now
>>
>>183664516
>try it again, similar mission with similar intentions
>this happens
>>
Can someone explain good light level and torch management? I think I may be retarded
>>
>>183664949
use a torch whenever you get under 76
>>
i started this game yesterday
its so frustrating, its my third time losing all my heroes and now i have to start again with lvl 0 heroes
any tips?
>>
>>183664806
Your game is going full nazi. The SS can smell your jewery from across the reich.
>>
>>183664949
this>>183665083

Pay attention to quirks and trinkets that depend on the light level. Ones that give you bonuses on high light are generally better, because low light is mainly for money runs.

On a medium mission, I'll typically take 8 torches and let the light wind down right before I camp.
>>
>>183665207
To my surprise we made short work of the King in Yellow.

>>183665107
I just got it a couple of days ago, and the first couple of days were definitely the hardest/most frustrating. Keep your head straight, pay attention to why things are going to hell in a handbasket (as they inevitably do, and will continue to do for a little while, as you might already know) and you'll get a feel for it eventually.

It helped me to only do missions in one area (in my case, the Ruins) so that I didn't have several different strategies to remember for different locales. See if that helps.
>>
>>183665107
Retreat and regroup when it looks like you won't win the mission. Evil is timeless, after all.

Even if you lose heroes, as long as you're upgrading your hamlet and collecting trinkets, you're making progress.
>>
>>183624369
Double stun, shuffle stun, stab, heal
>>
>>183665107
Also - it's better to nuke a single enemy than to spread the damage around. A foe at 1 HP can hit you just as hard as he can at full HP, but can't do anything if he's dead.
>>
File: charts.jpg (135KB, 1280x1194px) Image search: [Google]
charts.jpg
135KB, 1280x1194px
>>
>>183665107
You can change skills in rooms. Took me forever to realize this.
>>
should i seek battles or avoid them?
>>
>>183666756

You can also increase your torchlight by simply clicking the torch symbol on the top instead of going through your inventory. I just discovered this when I was messing around last night.
>>
I'm at the point where Medium quests are generally pretty easy unless I gimp myself or am unprepared, but even if I'm careful and try to think ahead Champion quests are hopeless, especially boss fights.

I haven't paid all that much attention to trinkets (I use ones that seem to synergize well); is that the missing link, do you think?
>>
>>183667000
Just press 'T', why bother moving your cursor to the torch and clicking
>>
>>183667109
Trinkets are incredibly important yes. That being said, champion dungeons will never not be a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>183614706
The manor you fucking retard.
>>
>>183667127

Whelp. Never even knew hotkeys existed.
>>
>>183667317
Here's more, 'Q' and 'E' rotates the hero highlighted (for curio interaction / chugging holy water), works in the hero profile as well.
>>
>Lost ancestral's pen and musket ball to the fanatic
>No way to get them back because already done the sheriker event
Fuck
>>
Vest / GR / HWM / Occ is so damn OP in Cove. I got out with hardly a scratch and Siren didn't get a single Song of Desire to land.

Remind yourself...
>>
>>183668148
The one with dead hero trinkets is repeated so long as eight or more are lost. The stolen event now only happens once.
>>
File: overconfidence siri.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
overconfidence siri.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
>>183668250

>>183667176
Good to know. It was beyond "pain in the ass" to "hopeless struggle retreating after 2 battles having lost half the party plus one more to a heart attack after the stress of fleeing", though, so I need some reworking.
>>
>>183668148
Shrieker stealing your shit event is one time only, but the one to retrieve lost trinkets is repeatable.
Just wait until you lost 8 trinkets
>>
>>183666831
depends on the status of your crew, if you can avoid them and complete the mission grab every curio you can but beware that enemies can spawn in hallways
>>
>>183668502
Oh, and also make sure everyone is fully upgraded. If you are going into champion dungeons with heroes that have level 3 armor and level 4 abilities you are going to get chewed up.
>>
>>183665107
for your starting crew you should be able to tell that your heroes have 2-3 shitty skills to start with since single target burst is better than dots, buffs/debuffs or aoe

you want him to get wicked slice and advance asap then put him in the back and so you can maintain riposte while shooting down the enemy backrow, by the time he gets to the front you can finish them off with slice or point blank, but you wont get the guild for a few missions

your vestal and PD are the best ones you have since they can stun 3/4 enemies and finish off whatever dismas didnt

your PD should double stun the backrow so dismas and the vestal can kill one while reynauld stuns someone in the front unless he can one shot a skeleton
>>
>mission in the coves
>man-at-arms gets Deviant Tastes

Guess he liked the tentacles a bit too much.
>>
File: 1433557822664.jpg (9KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1433557822664.jpg
9KB, 500x369px
So I'm coming back from a hiatus and looking at some of the jester changes. Outside of boss fights is Finale just useless now?

You can't really gib the high stress dealers at the start anymore, and by the time it's been built to a reasonable percentage all you'll have are the more tanky guys you want to use to reduce stress and heal damage. During which, he'll be your main stress reducer mainly.

I mean sure it's actually a Finale now in concept, but I don't see how it's useful. He still has a stress heal and decent bleeds so I doubt I'll shelve him, I just don't get a lot of the changes they've been doing. Or the itemization for many trinkets on that note.
>>
I just cannot bear the thought of going back down there.
>>
>>183670014
Why all the concern? I've seen nothing horrific.
>>
>>183670096
A-alright, I can do one more run.
>>
>>183670013
While I'm too bee to offer any useful input, having just gotten the game a couple of days ago, some discussions have made me wonder if you can roll back to a previous version on Steam. I'd like to see some of these pre-nerf/buff classes for myself .
>>
Do critical hits on attacks that cause debuffs and stuns increase their application chance?
>>
>ancestor explodes the flesh of my heroes
>they just take a little damage and some bleed
?
>>
File: 1454242474343.jpg (294KB, 1506x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1454242474343.jpg
294KB, 1506x1078px
>>183654871
>>
File: korea 1499836015.png (607KB, 850x742px) Image search: [Google]
korea 1499836015.png
607KB, 850x742px
>>183654839
Are these a random "upgrade" of the normal hooded ones? They're not even in the /dadg/ maps.
>>
>>183671128
Flesh is but a garment.
>>
>>183670014
>bear
>>
File: 1454037297941.jpg (590KB, 1615x3099px) Image search: [Google]
1454037297941.jpg
590KB, 1615x3099px
>>183670801
One would like to think so, but I've never seen anything corraborating this.
Crits give dots a 5 round duration, but not on debuffs?
>>
File: 20170724200759_1.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170724200759_1.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
SNAB=SNIBBED
>>
>>183586575
corvo attano HWM
necromancer occultist
for honor classes as skins
remodels of characters (same face, different attire)
>>
File: 20170724_130723.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_130723.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Who else is /filthyrich/ here?
>>
>>183672941
where to even start
>>
About to do Vvulf for the first time, any tips?

Everyone is human, so I assume both Blight and Bleed are equally deadly. I currently have a Crusader, Vestal, Hellion, Plague Doctor, Highwayman, and Bounty Hunter available.

I'm currently figuring something like vestal-doctor-hellion-crusader. Finally, can anyone confirm if the Fanatic could show up during his fight?
>>
File: loli mcduck.png (208KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
loli mcduck.png
208KB, 500x500px
>>183673000
B A N K
>>
>>183672941
Clean your monitor man
>>
>>183673407
He's talking about you taking a photo of your monitor which I hope is ironic.

Also,
/r/ing that picture with the auntie in place of the anime jew
>>
>>183673398
yes
no
yes
yes
no
>>
>>183672630
2hu class mods when?
>>
File: 1500517784153.png (41KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500517784153.png
41KB, 220x250px
>>183673519
we /a/ now
>>
>week 16. gettin rich
>oh look, bird has items
>level 5
the fuck is this shit
i'll send the lambs to the slaughter, but seriously the fuck
>>
>>183664806
>Champion long dungeon
>Leveling up one guy
>Just need to get to one more room
>Hallway fight is a collector that spawns two highway men
>Retreat
>Go back
>It's a shambler
>>
>>183675924

You just need to survive long enough for it to fuck off. You don't really need to kill the birb
>>
>Crimson Curse on an Antiquarian

Truly my deadliest character now
>>
File: louis.png (748KB, 1088x608px) Image search: [Google]
louis.png
748KB, 1088x608px
After two party wipes to the Fanatic, I finally managed to kill him lads. Lost two level 6s in the process, but Tardif and Alhazred pulled through while both at Death's Door. Alhazred even went virtuous. Hypest fucking moment of my 300+ hours in this shitty game.
>>
>need to level up my hellion and grave robber
>long weald mission
>first fight was quad maggots
>second fight was ghoul
>third was giant
>fourth was ghoul with gargoyles
>fifth was exact copy of third fight
>sixth was the EXACT same fucking fight again
>seventh was ghoul with gargoyles AGAIN
what the fuck
>>
File: official 1499257499801.jpg (35KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
official 1499257499801.jpg
35KB, 400x518px
>>183677863
He'll be back...
>>
>>183676120
>long champion dungeon
>ever
>>
>>183678314
But Gargoyles spawn in the ruins
>>
>>183678728
>Gargoyle are animate, malevolent stone statues that can be found commonly in the Ruins from Veteran level onwards, and as a rare encounter elsewhere
rare encounter elsewhere so i must be pretty (un)lucky
>>
>>183678803
I'm more annoyed of the ghoul than the gargoyles desu
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-24_14-27-47.png (65KB, 415x150px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-24_14-27-47.png
65KB, 415x150px
Name a more fun Ruins comp
protip: you can't
>>
>>183679049
needs more DEUS VULT
>>
>>183662637
because you'll be able to already use them? IDK I guess I'm the only guy here who gets annoyed when your hero gets out of a run perfectly healthy other than from some minor disease?
>>
Do you ever get anything better than grey and green trinkets from hooded shrews?
>>
Shilling my other mod. This ports majority of PBD Quirks (Sans the meme ones like Cauldron and Pew Slayer). Basically makes Quirks have higher stats but now proc rarer.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088439482
>>
>>183679209
by proccing rarer I mean that the chances of you getting an assload of quirks good or bad in every run is now pretty rare. At most you can get a few here and there
>>
File: 1500250675765.png (286KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500250675765.png
286KB, 1024x1024px
Is the Courtyard like the DD in that you can't be ambushed while resting?
>>
>>183680603

afaik, there are no camps in the Courtyard.
>>
>>183681126
You can use shovels on curios for camp fires
>>
>>183681182
specifically use them on wine crates, otherwise use antivenom on wine crates for a hefty stress heal
>>
Every attempt I've seen by Red Hook or modders to try to combat stalling have created problems worse then the one they meant to fix. Combat would be more interesting if certain tactical advantages could be gained by passing turns like in other games. Because of things they use to try to combat stalling (which can still be bypassed) that is impossible at the moment.

The hunger system working like actual hunger increasing while you explore/fight instead of relying on RNG tiles would better tone down the effectiveness of stalling because then they run the risk of running out of food by prolonging fights for too long.
>>
>>183681827

I think a simple solution to hunger would just to either implement a second meter for hunger under the torchlight or make it another stat like HP and stress.
>>
>>183681827
It ties in with the stress theme, and I fail to see how passing turns would make things more interesting in an already grind-heavy game.
>>
>>183681827
Switch in-combat heals (both HP and stress) into preventive shielding. This means you now can't benefit from stalling out combats because you will take damage, you will take stress, and you can only recover those with food/camp which is limited.
>>
>>183681827
>It ties in with the stress theme
Which is why the hunger system should stay. Revamping it wouldn't mess with that.

> I fail to see how passing turns would make things more interesting
There isn't a reason currently and the ways they use to prevent stalling insures there won't be in the future. Other then the grind for heirlooms the grind isn't all that heavy. Heroes can level up faster then you can buy gear/skills for them.
>>
>>183682645
was meant for >>183682259
>>
>>183682645

>Heroes can level up faster then you can buy gear/skills for them.

This. By the time you unlock vet dungeons, you can level up a lv3 guy to lv5 in under an hour.
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-24_15-46-03.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-24_15-46-03.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
Champion Drowned Crew was the easiest version of this boss for me, somehow. Dealing with the Anchorman was incredibly easy this time around, I could actually kill it in 1 or 2 actions, opposed to my previous experiences with apprentice and veteran.
>>
File: face disappoint.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
face disappoint.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>CC Bosses having lowered bleed resist
>9 bleed consecutive bleed resists
This nigger has resisted 3 Valid Belows by now
>>
>>183683056
Valid Belows?
>>
>>183682847
easy on all levels, just pull the boss to the front (need some move trinkets) and leave anchorman alone, he'll just pass the turn
>>
>>183681827
I'd rather have a hunger meter per character. Its visibility can be toggled on and off and it depletes with adventuring and combat. Eating food restores the hunger meter by 20%, and the hero is considered full after 80%. When the hunger meter goes below 40%, the hero will start having barks about being hungry, and when the meter goes below 20%, they suffer ACC, SPD and dodge debuffs. Once the meter hits 0%, the hero suffers damage and stress, and the meter resets to 20%. Camping will restore an amount of meter depending on how much you eat: 10% for half, 30% for full and 50% for feast, none will reduce hunger by 20% and inflict 10 base stress for each character.
>>
File: NAQy1nK.jpg (100KB, 471x720px) Image search: [Google]
NAQy1nK.jpg
100KB, 471x720px
>>183683108
Huh, Exsanguinate apparently.
I just mouseover'd it and then it said "valid below"...

I had 3 virtuous and full health when I began the Baron fight, but the RNG certainly reminded me:
Vestal died first death's door tick and the ONLY bleed I landed on him with a doggie/ves/flag/hel, during an ENTIRE 10 round combat was one bleed Out.
Had to run when the rest of the crew started DD'ing as well.

I'll just bring the exactly same team to him again and hope for some non-shitty dice rollan...
>>
>>183682645
Stress theme is more for the combat stalling, not hunger, and also there's supposed to be a significant increase of difficulty over time the longer you spend in a dungeon. There COULD be something interesting to add with passing to play with that resource even more, but I can't really see it doing much but adding what would probably be a mostly unused growth on the system, while the current system of passing inducing stress at least has a thematic application
>>
>>183588974
What's this "needing to grind invitations" meme?

I always had more than I knew what to do with just by normal dungeon crawling. The bulk of the courtyard was pretty easy, and rolling with a Vestal+PD and Crusader for stress will keep you in good shape for a long, long journey.
>>
>>183684814
After killing one CC boss, you'd have to wait for infestation to go up to medium at least for more gatekeepers to spawn, otherwise if you have bad luck you'll be stuck at 1 invitation for a while
>>
>>183683056
Punish has a debuff that reduces bleed resist, and Flagellant is usually fast enough to attack before the rest of the team, so you must be extremely unlucky to only land 1 bleed on the Baron in the entire battle
>>
A friend just told me an enemy managed to get over 8 actions in on one turn

That's probably way too many but is it possible for non-boss enemies to get multiple actions in on a single turn?
>>
>>183671128
He puts them back together.
>>
File: 20170724053203_1.jpg (209KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170724053203_1.jpg
209KB, 1280x1024px
Everything went better than expected
>>
>>183685471
HIghest number is 4, and only DLC bosses have that many actions. The highest number a vanilla boss has is 3 which only the Shrieker has, and no regular enemy has more than 1 action. Your friend is just baiting.
>>
>>183685471
It's possible to have common enemies have 8 actions in a row, but that's spread over two turns, it probably went like this:
>all 4 heroes attack
>none of the enemies die
>all enemies attack
>turn passes
>all enemies attack
>heroes actions begin
>>
>>183685638
>Skeleton Man
N-nani!?
>>
>>183686115

Skin mod
>>
>>183686163
clearly you're joking. That man has no skin!
>>
>>183686302

SKELETON MAAAAAN~
>>
>>183686387
He has skeleton feet and skeleton hands
>>
>>183686387
He has no style, he has no grace. This man has no face
>>
File: image.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>this room layout

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>183687080
vein over hack? in the cove of all places?
>>
File: best boy.jpg (261KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
261KB, 800x916px
>>183685438
That one exception aside, literally nothing but resists for an entire battle, consisting of only bleed attacks..

But I will not ruminate on this fleeting failure; the campaign is long, and victory will come.
>>
>>183679049
4 crusaders
>>
Demon's cauldron or martyrs seal?

Note: I have all 3 incense for occultist
>>
>>183688768
Where's the dick ?
>>
Are there any mage classes really? Besides maybe occultist?
>>
>>183689816

Nope. Besides that one mod made by some korean guy
>>
>>183689816
It seems they wanted to prevent magic as much as possible, which after playing the game I think ws a right call.
Vestal and occult are the closest to mages in the game.
Altho I'd say something like a pyromancer or some kind of magic user that had other weapons/traits would be cool.
>>
>>183689370
martyr seal is noob bait
>>
>>183689370
If you wanna play pos 2 ISIS man, then Demon's Cauldron. If you're feeling like a man, go Martyr's Seal on a Flagman.
>>
>>183689938

What mod?
>>
>Crusader's stun trinket
For what purpose? He has a pretty mediocre stun skill compared to others.
>>
>>183691725
after most other stun trinket got nerfed, this one is one of the best +stun chance trinkets which can be stacked with others to make up for his low base stun skill chance
>>
>>183691378

This one

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=945983081&searchtext=
>>
>>183685254
After you kill one CC boss you should want to stay out of that hellhole for as long as fucking possible anyway.

I only really dedicated to going after the Baron after almost all of my party was already infected, and by then I had a fat stack of invitations for as many runs as I needed to do.
>>
Is it just me or is level 5 cove a complete shitshow? Every time I go there my healer goes insane and either dies or fucks up the entire run.
>>
>>183693375
I find cove the easiest at 5 honestly

I always take PD > OCC > HWM > CRU

crusader good for stress heals while doing decent damage, occultist is great heals and great damage for cove, and PD is essential for blighting. I rotate between hwm/maa depending on how I feel at the time. If less confident would bring MaA as the frontline tank
>>
>>183614737
It used to be good if you ran like 3 Jesters in the same party. it's probably still viable, but Jester is a meme as a one off party member.
>>
>>183617302
Run self heal characters or a Flagellant
>>
>>183693375
champ cove is the easiest area due to the pirate being the easy to deal with and having plenty of chances to stall fights for healing
>>
File: 20170724054846_1.jpg (178KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170724054846_1.jpg
178KB, 1280x1024px
geez Collector this is like the 3rd time in 5 runs.
>>
>>183695168
I don't see where. Can't leave the exploding fucks alone, the shamans can stress multiple people at once, the spear guys hit too hard to ignore, the snails and jellyfish can give you diseases, and the crabs will ruin your life with those bleeds. The guardians are the only ones you can safely ignore, and they rarely show up in my runs.
>>
>>183695208
I never understood why his bleed resists are so fucking low, he's literally a skellytan.
>>
>>183695642
He has a skellyskull but a body full of mush
>>
>>183695642
No he's not, he's half human and half eldritch.
>>
>>183686387
Many people think he's just a regular man
>>
>>183695642

He's more eldritch than skelly.
>>
>>183689816
Flag is basically a a blood mage.
>>
File: img.png (24KB, 660x160px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
24KB, 660x160px
>>183689515
Where would you like it to be?
>>
>>183689816
PD is a black mage. That's why Vestal/PD/HWM/Crusader is The Usual Suspects. Priest/Wizard/Rogue/Warrior.
>>
is vestal - cru - cru - cru a viable comp for anything?
>>
>>183586790
This. Alsatian breed when?
>>
>>183697228
Replace the Vestal with a Crusader and you have a viable comp for everything.
>>
>>183695595
take a PD or bandages and every octopus and crab is a full heal especially good with a stress healer

crabs rarely bleed my guys at champion level, i assume its due to the natural resists since i doubt i can be getting this lucky in every single run
>>
File: 20170724202359_1.jpg (424KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170724202359_1.jpg
424KB, 1920x1200px
Uhmm, swinetards?

Forgot to change Bleed Out for Hellion
>>
File: netflix-castlevania.jpg (180KB, 735x586px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-castlevania.jpg
180KB, 735x586px
>>183586575
Belmont reskin of abomination. Whip replacing chain, holy water for the bile spew. Transform makes him go to item crush mode.
>>
File: 20170722222239_1.jpg (253KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170722222239_1.jpg
253KB, 1600x900px
>>183687080

That's nothing kid.
>>
File: Darkest_Dungeon_Artwork_3.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_Dungeon_Artwork_3.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>183586790

I'm thinking about making a beta-styled houndmaster skin that makes his dog a bloodhound
>>
Did they change deathblow resistance?

Lost a BH, MaA, Occ, GR all level 6, to the first hit after a deathsdoor (not all at once)
>>
>>183697880
No, you just got bad rolls. Considering most characters have about 20-30 death blow resist on average those aren't improbable odds.
>>
File: boss has a rematch.png (905KB, 1240x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boss has a rematch.png
905KB, 1240x1080px
>tfw you suprise monsters in pitch black
>>
>>183697287
I'll try it in an apprentice long expedition.

Wish me luck.
>>
File: 20170724203457_1.jpg (388KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170724203457_1.jpg
388KB, 1920x1200px
Dat recruit Arbalest
>>
>>183697880
it caps at 87 now
>>
Since team composition is key for this game, I wanted to try these teams out:

Vestal/Sader/Sader/MAA
Vestal/Jester/Sader/MAA

Swap Vestal for Occutlist if I want the other healing that real nice damage debuff. This team did nicely at the ruins, but what about other areas, like the courtyard? I'm almost ready to fight the Baron and remove the CC.
>>
>>183697953
>Considering most characters have about 20-30 death blow resist on average
Default is 67.
>>
File: 1399807674038.png (1MB, 2190x1673px) Image search: [Google]
1399807674038.png
1MB, 2190x1673px
>take dismas and reynauld to the final boss
>get the achievement
>let them die
>>
File: IMG_0976.jpg (16KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0976.jpg
16KB, 210x200px
>>183698063
>tfw enemies surprise you at 89 light
>>
>>183699529
yes
no
>>
File: 1459697632380.jpg (169KB, 659x605px) Image search: [Google]
1459697632380.jpg
169KB, 659x605px
>tfw Bellow is actually pretty good
>>
>>183700531
In principle it's better to buff your teammates instead of debuffing your enemies since a buff can't fail.
>>
File: 20170724210400_1.jpg (429KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170724210400_1.jpg
429KB, 1920x1200px
>Siren kept Ancestor's portrait
>>
>>183700713
But Bolster can't crit for stress heals
>>
>>183700531
I tried to tell you.

>>183700713
While true Bellow has its own benefits tat Bolster/Command don't. For instance Bellow combines the best parts of Bolster/Command, +speed and +accuracy, so the MaA is free to do something else between bellows.Bellow deals damage and thus can kill enemies who survive with 1 or 2 hp left; not to mention it can crit to heal stress.

Bellow also has good accuracy itself with high chance to debuff and Debuff resistances on enemies is generally lower than other resistances. With one of his best trinkets, Old Unit Standard, their chance to resist the debuff is almost non-existent.
>>
>>183697584
Seconding this
>>
>>183700148
I'm just super unlucky then

fuck
>>
File: Parias the Cleric.png (97KB, 497x649px) Image search: [Google]
Parias the Cleric.png
97KB, 497x649px
>>183586575
Cleric from Hexen skin for Vestal.
>>
>>183700760
she never dropped that for me, at any level
>>
>>183701636
It's a rare occurance for any enemy that isn't from DD to drop a trinket of any rariry, even ancestral. It's purely coincidental.
>>
Nomad's Wagon, Blacksmith, Guild and Stagecoach are maxed.

Should I do Sanitarium/Survivalist or Disctricts? I only have the bank.

Survivalist can wait cause I have 1,2 million gold so it's a literal non issue, Sanitarium is cool for slots tho.
>>
>crusader with 87% deathblow resist dies on the second tick

[INCOHERRENT RAGE]
>>
Holy shit the Kraken mod is actually really good

the bossfight is actually kind of fun but it is kinda drawn out a bit.
>>
>>183700148
I was thinking of Virtue chance actually, apologies.
>>
Anyone else not find crimson court very fun? I love Gothic horror but the enemies seem real goofy

Installed it then about 20 weeks in just decided to start a new campaign without it, will try it again later I suppose

Flagellant is awesome at least
>>
>Flagman whipping Vvulf into submission and Jester eating three bombs to the face and still barding it up and dealing more bleeds

Ever since the fight with the Flesh I knew these two would make a great duo.
>>
>>183703263

You cant really take mosquito vampires seriously when they have big silly looking eyes.
>>
>>183703263
Plus all the new stuff seemed more tedious than interesting, the whole dlc just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the game
>>
>>183703263
More or less.
It's nice but it drags on with no new enemies as you reach CC2 and CC3.
And as a new player activating CC is a massive pain in the ass, with the curse spreading like wildfire and the baron being a huge wall while the fanatic punishes you for not doing CC.
>>
>>183703263
I think the enemies are amazing. Vampires based on various blood-sucking insects set in a dank Louisiana bayou is genius.
>>
File: 694px-Fanatic_promo.jpg (84KB, 694x898px) Image search: [Google]
694px-Fanatic_promo.jpg
84KB, 694x898px
So I finally beat this fucking faggot in the champion dungeon. I had to retreat from the mission because everyone went insane on the encounter (nobhody died though). He will still stay dead right?
>>
>>183703518

Nope. He wont fuck off until you beat the Countess
>>
>>183703518
>He will still stay dead right?
What Courtyard bosses are still alive?
>>
>>183697584
>item crush mode
whats that
>>
>>183703518
He SHOULD but I experienced him coming back before I beat the Baron after about 30-40 weeks.
>>
>>183703605
Only Baron. H-he doesn't come back after I beat Viscount, r-right?
>>
>>183703879
He shows up once per CC infestation. Once for Baron, once for Viscount and once for Countess.
>>
>>183703879
Every time you beat a CC boss the curse is cured from all heroes and infection clears with no bloodsuckers appearing in other dungeons.
Then over several weeks infection rises again until you get vampirism again and he comes back another time and you must again collect invitations and venture into the CC to kill the next boss to lift it again.
Rinse and repeat until you kill the Countess, then bloodsuckers stop invading other dungeons and the curse becomes treatable.
>>
File: 20170724214215_1.jpg (428KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170724214215_1.jpg
428KB, 1920x1200px
I HAVE A PROBLEM
>>
>>183700424
Is that for the team composition or the areas?
>>
>>183704074
Is that a real comp or did you purge the thrall?
>>
>>183704074
Get that Divine Comfort spell ready.
>>
>>183704197
Disoriented blast moved him from position 3 to 4.
>>
>>183704074
>double stun back to break guard
>Dazzling Light Thrall
>>
>>183704074
I don't think that you can kill it in time. I hope you have intimidate on your leper to try and reduce the damage of the explosion.
>>
File: 20170724214632_1.jpg (389KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170724214632_1.jpg
389KB, 1920x1200px
Nevermind there was no problem.
>>
>>183704453
Let me guess, dodged?
>>
>>183704590
He couldn't act.
>>
>>183704729
ur gud
>>
>>183704119
>Is that for the team composition or the areas?
yes
>>
Just killed the alluring siren, using holy water the fight was a piece of cake, she didn't get to stole a single of my heroes
Is the fight against the beguiling siren this easy when you're using holy water ? Or is it harder ?
>>
File: Untitled.png (65KB, 999x256px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65KB, 999x256px
>>183704729
?
>>
>>183704976
Yep it's super easy.
I'm honestly surprised they never patched it so that ability did not care about debuff resistance. Cove has the easiest bosses.
The drowned crew have a debuff called mutiny that never applies and two tactics quite literally allow you to completely ignore the anchorman unit and attack, I wonder if its application rate is bugged.
>>
>>183705174
Died in stun.

Shadowplay garbage recorded broken file yet again.
>>
>Roster is full
>3 heros under level 3 left
>Haven't done Courtyard yet

oops
>>
>>183705393
>using Shadowplay
>especially after the forced social media integration
>>
>>183607189
1. Crucify the RNGee-sus. This is nearly impossible because the current game design has been built around it from the start, however the depth of the gameplay is enough to allow a few deterministic possibilities. For example, enemies which have a high effect resist could be debuffing that resist with each or some attacks; as the fight goes on, they can become less resistant and then suffer that effect. There could also be duplicant enemies with identical or similarly named attacks that target different positions instead of "any" position, so the enemy party doesn't all choose to nuke your 1st, because only 2 of the 4 enemies are allowed to target 1st position.

2. Fix the fucking bosses to be less identical between tiers, and less identical between each other. How many bosses use summons or "wall tier HP" trash to hide behind? Yeah, fix that shit. I'm not opposed to most having some kind of summon or wall, but having it exist EVERY FUCKING BOSS FIGHT is too damn much.

3. Stop putting party-wide nukes on anyone, including your own people.

4. Make slowness useful by having skills that you want to use last on something with the most need (like healing)

5. Other shit too numerous to mention.
>>
>>183705639
It consumes no resources to record last 5 minutes when I need to (with occasional fails when that fucking trash software needs to be upgraded like now) unlike Fraps and the rest alike.
>>
>>183705747
>. Fix the fucking bosses to be less identical between tiers, and less identical between each other. How many bosses use summons or "wall tier HP" trash to hide behind? Yeah, fix that shit. I'm not opposed to most having some kind of summon or wall, but having it exist EVERY FUCKING BOSS FIGHT is too damn much.
I thought that the prophet/swine king introducing stuns was a good way to mix it up and disrupt cheese strategies. But yeah, if every boss gained a new ability/mechanic each tier that'd be nice

You also forgot to mention how the prophet and swine king fights are almost identical.

I also found a fantastic use for slowness in the shambler fight; if you go /after/ the shambler spawns new sycophants, you can attack them while they're both at their weakest, just as they've spawned. I also got pretty used to having a slow vestal after using the sacred scroll, which was nice, as you'd heal your allies /after/ they get hit. Really, after the first round, there's no difference between extremely high or extremely low speed. Going at the end of one round is basically the same as going at the start of the next
>>
Are marks or stuns better for Viscount?
>>
>>183705747
I can't think of any party wide nukes your characters have that are any kind of OP.
>>
File: 20170724151319_1.jpg (272KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170724151319_1.jpg
272KB, 1600x900px
I DIDN'T THINK THIS PARTY THROUGH
>>
>>183706857
>Sarah
>>
>>183706418
Stuns, Viscounts 4 turns means you won't be able to make use of your marks without resetting it each round.
>>
>>183707013
>183707013

It's a female leper skin.

Subtle.
>>
>>183707143
That's a big girl.
>>
>>183706292

>Going at the end of one round is basically the same as going at the start of the next

Not really. Some times bullshit happens where enemies attack first twice in advance on same turn before you could. This is really evident with those goddamn mosquitos that love to spam The Thirst very much
>>
>>183707208
>>183707101
Call me crazy, but...

I have a good feeling about this
>>
>>183707226
>>183707226
>>183707226
>>183707226
>>
>>183707474
I always found it happens more when you surprise an enemy but then miss/they resist your stuff. If you don't manage to get a kill during the surpise they can basically get two turns in a row
>>
>>183707519
Clever.
>>
>>183706857
You had no better trinkets for Leper?

Candle is pretty subpar choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>get my ass fucked by a shambler at the start and lose my plague doctor
>don't want to forfeit because I need to make my investment back
>as I head towards the last room I run into this faggot with what's left of my party half dead

JUST
>>
>>183703263
>goofy
Mosquito vampires set the new standard for bloodsucking abominations. I applaud Red Hook for swerving so hard away from the Anne Rice & Twilight pretty boy meme vamps. Fuck that sparkly shit.
>>
File: im HWM.png (121KB, 629x595px) Image search: [Google]
im HWM.png
121KB, 629x595px
>>183707612
>>
File: Trasher.png (182KB, 499x630px) Image search: [Google]
Trasher.png
182KB, 499x630px
>>183706857
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-24_21-34-17.png (24KB, 156x149px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-24_21-34-17.png
24KB, 156x149px
>complete my very first CC trinket set
>it's the Arbalest one
This set doesn't make any sense, why would I want prot on an Arbalest?
>>
>>183705639
>>183705820
is the built-in microsoft recording not worth using?
>>
>tfw you kill the Champion Shrieker in 2 turns

Forgot to slot the Mark on my Arbalest too.
>>
>>183707789
>using meme strats
you got what you deserved
>>
>>183708448
Uhh, you don't get to bring trinkets.
>>
>>183708582
PD and GR ones are trash too.

Crusader's is not much better as it has no speed or any damage.
>>
>>183703263
Its fine if you wait until you can tackle DD before actually starting the CC stuff. The issue is that the game isn't really built for that and it blocks you from every non mandatory town event.
>>
>>183708804
Which ones are actually worth using over two good trinkets then?
>>
>>183708951
MaA and HM
>>
>>183708951
BH. MaA if you're focusing on Riposte.
>>
>>183585073
hey guys i got a question, will firewood that i find in the Courtyard be added in my inventory next time i go in there? or are they impossible to save?
>>
>>183706292
>You also forgot to mention how the prophet and swine king fights are almost identical.
Lots of the fights are too similar. Everything with summons is a bit rediculous and just turns into necromancer/collector 2.0

>>183706484
>I can't think of any party wide nukes your characters have
It only takes half your party to stun the entire enemy party with certain setups and enemy groups, and then you can do that every other turn.
>>
>>183709202
They are not saved
>>
>>183708951
MAA is good, and HM's is decent. IIRC the highwayman's is okay.

The flagellant's bonus is actively detrimental, and neither of the leper ones are worth it on their own
>>
>>183709470
well shit, thanks anon
>>
>>183709373
>It only takes half your party to stun the entire enemy party with certain setups and enemy groups, and then you can do that every other turn.
So? You could use a different setup and have the enemy party ripped to pieces in 2 turns anyway.

I mean, yeah, multi target stuns are very good, but they come at the expense of making things actually dead.
>>
>>183705747
>Make slowness useful by having skills that you want to use last on something with the most need (like healing)
I don't know about you but I much prefer being able to heal as soon into the round as possible, because if someone is on death's door and has bleed or blight stacked on them they are in a bad spot if their turn rolls around before you've had a chance to get them out of the red.
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-24_21-49-00.jpg (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-24_21-49-00.jpg
420KB, 1920x1080px
Oh, shit. It's Reynauld. Do I bring him back or do I give him the rest he deserves after I gave his life for his comrades against the Hearth of Dorkness or do I bring him back?
>>
>>183709647
Yeah i got fucked too when i thought it saved the firewood, don't play yourself
>>
File: 1500360801476.jpg (38KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1500360801476.jpg
38KB, 600x662px
Who the FUCK said Chevaliers are okay
Why are they allowed to spawn alongside another
Why aren't they 2 spaces wide
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr58QJCtmZs

any darkest dungeon meem videos like this?
>>
>>183709895
If you still have dismas, bring him back and get that achievement.
If not, let him rest.
>>
>>183710562
Both Dismas and Reynauld were sacrificed to the Heart of Dorkness.
>>
File: 20170724124917_1.jpg (224KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170724124917_1.jpg
224KB, 1280x1024px
ah hell no,
anon got any non M@A strats? I don't want to sends some no name and retreat.
>>
>>183710883
man at arms is auto win form my experience

BH is good since everyone is human

vvulf's guard does not give him prot
>>
>>183710883

I'd go for a Debuff strat with the occultist. You will still take a lot of damage but yeah.. Or you can go balls to the walls full damage and hope to kill him off in 2 turns.
>>
>>183711069
fug.. my booty hunter is currently hopeless

>>183711217
Il try that. expect results tomorrow
>>
File: 1500765319555.png (827KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1500765319555.png
827KB, 1000x1300px
>>183710883
>non M@A strats
>>
File: 20170724220654_1.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724220654_1.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
fugg xD
>>
>>183712480
Remove crest
>>
File: reminder.jpg (79KB, 702x714px) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
79KB, 702x714px
today I was reminded.
>>
>>183710883
>anon got any non M@A strats? I don't want to sends some no name and retreat.

Why don't you have at least one MaA for Vvulf?

It's fundamental to level up at least on MaA and Jester to level 5 before the Vvulf encounter.
>>
File: Occulshit.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Occulshit.webm
3MB, 960x600px
FUGG :--DDDDDDDD
>>
>>183697649
Make him Hank Hill themed
>>
>>183709803
>I don't know about you but I much prefer being able to heal as soon into the round as possible, because if someone is on death's door and has bleed or blight stacked on them they are in a bad spot if their turn rolls around before you've had a chance to get them out of the red.
You healer would have just healed at the end of the previous round.
>>
>>183714241
...for what purpose?
>>
>>183714241
>using protect me on an occultist on death's door instead of trying to kill it with nervous stab
This was not part of the contract!
>>
File: no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>183714241
>mfw
That piece of stupidity will never get old tho
>>
>>183714149
>Jester
>fundamental

why? I thought he was shit.
>>
>>183714268
>Steady, Ladybird. If propane calls, we answer.
>>
>>183714719
>>183714682
>>183714620
>not saving meme arab with +5 or +10 dodge chance

l2p
>>
>>183714734

Depends on who you're bringing. That quest can be cheesed with bleeds.
>>
>>183714734
hes not fundamental by any means for vvulf but he's one of the few stress healers
>>
>>183714771
>dodge chance
>on higher difficulties
lol, also the bone commander targeted the auntie, which would have been fine since it didn't target the memearab or use its party stun
>>
>>183714771
Hello, my 120 accuracy would like to meet to your +20 doddge
>>
>Roster is full
>No Abom
>No Jester
>No Houndmaster

PS : Does a level 6 Musketeer count as an Arbalest for the Caretaker?
>>
File: 1342141579385.jpg (39KB, 356x376px) Image search: [Google]
1342141579385.jpg
39KB, 356x376px
Occultist deserved to die anyway. This trash class is a meme for a good reason.

If not the 2-3 heals there would be no death doors and deathblows.
>>
>>183715291
>encounter with mass stress riflemen and madmen before the vvulf

Yeah good luck getting all trinkets with no afflictions without a Jester here.
>>
>>183714241
literally why
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 313x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 313x415px
>it's an occultist heals for 0 and 1 when you absolutely need it the most and crits for 26 when you're only missing 6 health episode
>>
>>183715809

No. But it is counted as another set of cards in the class deck.
>>
So which classes got the animation upadates that fuck up skins? So I know which one to use vanilla and which one to customize
>>
>>183716289

Which skins are bugged for you? The ones on steam are pretty updated. Havent run into errors so far with the armored Hellion and helmeted MAA.
>>
>>183716230

>Having to get an Arbalest to level 6 just for the achievement

Fuck
>>
>>183600119
New, mainly because I want the time period to change with the setting. Something like a real lovecraft esque world set in the 1920s. I think reviving victorian/medieval setting would be dull and repetitive.

>imagine a 20s booze runner gangster killing monsters with a Thompson machinegun in some cursed town like Innsmouth
>>
File: laughing.gif (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
65KB, 500x375px
>>183715816
>He hasn't played beyond apprentice
When will kids these days learn... :^)
>>
>be only week 25
>got the Ancestor's map somehow,, don't even remember when.
>find a secret room with Junia's head thanks to it.
How lucky should I feel?
>>
>>183715938
i facerolled it with a mark crew, it looked so intimidating but it went by without any issues

Occultist, Hound Master, Bounty Hunter, Man at Arms

ill probably do it again with the mod that lets you respawn plot quests with a different crew
>>
File: 20170306010643_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306010643_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1200px
>>183716740
Cool story nigger.

Not playing with Occultists is a vital part in having no deaths even on Stygian.
>>
>>183716773
>best healing trinket in the game at week 25
Pretty lucky.
>>
>>183717068
I will never hate myself enough to play stygian.
>>
>>183716773
>>got the Ancestor's map somehow
that only drops from a shambler iirc
>>
File: 1498991050483.png (831KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498991050483.png
831KB, 1280x720px
>>183717068
>he doesn't put gains on his heals
enjoy those half-depleted hp bars
>>
>>183716427
This ones are the ones I noticed:

http://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/113/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/99/?

Pretty annoying considering that they are some of my favourites and the PD ones didn't get an update in more than a year.
>>
File: all aboard the rape train.png (359KB, 523x432px) Image search: [Google]
all aboard the rape train.png
359KB, 523x432px
>>183710098
Because then you can't encounter three at a time
>>
File: Darkest_2017-07-24_23-16-20.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_2017-07-24_23-16-20.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
How fucking long does it take to get to the Baron? Should I just eventually leave and hope for another invitation? I feel pretty confident that I can stay alive and sane for a very long time, even taking my time to explore all the side halls so far, but damn, this is taking long.
>>
>>183717672
what bloodsucker are they supposed to be?
>>
>>183710098
>>183717672
use bleeds and stuns and pray they don't focus your healer
>>
File: face 1467040436696.jpg (29KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
face 1467040436696.jpg
29KB, 598x369px
>>183717672
>not making chevalier gangrapes a 6-position encounter
>>
>>183717734
you are like half way there
>>
>>183717734
Needing to balance health and stress healing for CC is going to be annoying when I finally get around to doing it.
>>
File: 1488632168412.jpg (51KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488632168412.jpg
51KB, 720x960px
>The only mission left after beating the countess is killing over and over again the statue of the hundred turns
Why
>>
>>183717390
I'd rather have Vestal who heals for 6-10 than Occultist who heals for 0-3 most of the time.
>>
>>183718123
Fuck, I'm calling it a night then and continue tomorrow.
>>
>>183717368
Oh yeah I fought one of those fuckers during my first expeditions. Terrible, TERRIBLE experience, I didn't even know about that you can escape fights.
>>
>>183718143
That would matter if there was any real reason to go back.
>>
>>183718268
>most of the time
You really dont understand math do you?
>>
Hound/Hound/Occ/Abom
Good strategy or am I thinking wrong here?
>>
File: 20170724161724_1.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724161724_1.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
H A T E

W E A L D
>>
>>183708582
bc she can barely use her own heal
>>
>>183719997
What's wrong with weald? Just stack bleed and you'll win every fight
>>
>>183719729
>Abom
put him second so he can contribute without morphing unless you really need the corpse clear

hellion works well too since she can lock down the front row while you clear out the back
>>
>>183719729
>Abom in the front row
You transforming every battle?
>>
File: 20170724162052_1.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724162052_1.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>183720078
H A T E
>>
>>183719997
Welcome to Weald.

Now get the fuck out.
>>
>>183720185
Was thinking about it so I could just delete the stress with the 2 HM. I guess it would be a good idea to put abom in the second slot but would occul be viable on the very front as just healing?
>>
>>183719729
Switch Abom and Occulist positions, Occulist loses none of his skills from position 2 to 1 and Abom has access to bile and his stun in 2.
>>
>>183720298
with enough dodge but at that point just throw a Man At Arms or Hellion up there since everyone else has self-healing.
>>
>>183718268

>Vestal
>6-10
>Not consistent 15-16 and 7-10 with the group heal
>>
Any mods that rebalance classes well?
>>
>>183720528
Just play the game as is git gud you fukken fagt
>>
>>183720508
Head is enough for boosting her heal.

Since she's often on position 4 in my group, I give her an eye for accuracy and speed boost with -stress so she's landing stuns and lighting attacks when there's no one to heal.
>>
>>183720078
Bleed? I mean, yeah it works most of the time, but slimes are practically immune and so are gargs. Nothing works super reliably in the Weald, unlike every other area.
>>
>>183718268
>use vestal
>can't use abom
>>
File: 1313991281095.png (34KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
1313991281095.png
34KB, 512x256px
>>183720783
I don't have a single Abom in my roster.
Never liked that class as well as Occultist.
>>
>>183719729
I can't think of a single reason to have abom in position 1. He can use every single skill from position 2.
>>
>>183720887
sounds not fun
>>
>>183720887
Abom has a great standard attack with his stun, and is great for bosses being able to keep himself healthy until the big fight.
>>
>>183720887

He's amazing against the Shambler
>>
>>183720910
Because you already have another abom in position 2
>>
File: shock animated.gif (571KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
shock animated.gif
571KB, 512x288px
>>183721829
>>
>>183717068
I don't usually run him without a secondary healer, but I feel like his overall utility is better than he Vestal's. Vulnerability Hex is good in marking parties and Weakening Curse is great for breaking Prophet/Swine and giant fights. Since CC made Wyrd Reconstruction work in ranks 1-2 he gives you a significantly higher degree of flexibility in party creation (HM/Abom/Abom/Occ as an obvious example) and works excellently in shuffle-heavy lineups or dark runs. He's also one of the three classes in the game that gets a +40% stun chance trinket.
>>
Anything I should keep in mind for my first Bloodmoon run?
>>
File: 1451602051377.png (243KB, 432x426px) Image search: [Google]
1451602051377.png
243KB, 432x426px
>>183723039
>>183723039
>>183723039
>>
>>183715816
Yeah the Occultist is baller as fuck.
>>
>>183714149
Because i did not get him to lvl 5 in time.
andhe was so close to DANGIT
Thread posts: 754
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.