[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/stsg/ - Starsector General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 469
Thread images: 65

File: 1478893179250.png (48KB, 661x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478893179250.png
48KB, 661x716px
>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
http://fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>/stsg/ modpack
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector+General+Mod+Pack+Version+1.7z

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

>Previous Thread
>>181822010
>>
>>182098750
>>/stsg/ modpack
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector+General+Mod+Pack+Version+1.7z
Um, what about this?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmad99gupybgxm9/Starsector+General+Mod+Pack+Version+3.7z
>>
when you fuck a nevermore right in the middle, does your dick pop out in a different dimension?
>>
File: 1487215642328.png (21KB, 355x405px) Image search: [Google]
1487215642328.png
21KB, 355x405px
>>182099294
I was a bit distracted and wanted to make one before the old thread got bumped off again, sorry.
>>
File: ggnore.png (203KB, 801x425px) Image search: [Google]
ggnore.png
203KB, 801x425px
>>182099637
no problem, people were still downloading Version 1 when the third came out
>>
>>182099294
>>182099637
>>182100303
>Modpacks
>Off 4chan
>By a random anon with no credentials
>And filled with shitty mods
nah
>>
>>182100805

and he's spamming his fucking ass off too
>>
worst OP thread yet
>>
File: screenshot313.png (935KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot313.png
935KB, 1920x1200px
prv starworks v4

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12553.15

patch notes: https://pastebin.com/raw/SR8pWAgH
>>
Also, please don't distribute this mod anywhere else, or include it in any sort of compilation. If you want to share it with someone, link them to this thread or the mediafire download.
>>
>>182107436

yeah i'd appreciate not being included in the mod compilation, thanks.
>>
>>182107436
Anon, do you really expect that the modpack cuck is going to pay attention?
>>
>>182107571
add frigate LPC's thanks
>>
Just started replaying the game from years ago, can officers get industry skills or am I fucked and forever set to miss out on sweet salvage?
>>
>>182107704

since he didn't ask in the first place, no, probably not

we had i think it was meso here the other day too, who i'm pretty sure feels the same way i do
>>
Why would you not want to be included in a mod pack

Don't want to have to fix bugs that are discovered?
>>
>>182107921
Officers can only get piloted ship skills. Nothing that affects the entire fleet.
>>
Is the modpack an actual mod of some sorts or just a zip with a bunch of popular mods in them?
>>
>>182108719

it's a collection of random garbage, with extra modifications on top
>>
>>182108719
Just a bunch of random shit you can find on your own for less the hassle, without having to worry if a random Anon is giving you shady shit. Just go to the forums, click on a mod, and if you think it looks cool try it out.
>>
>>182109416
>less hassle
Mods are the biggest fucking hassle in this game.
>>
>>182112667
Literally copy+paste and edit vmparams for memory allocation and you're good. None of the good mods conflict with each other, what's the issue here?
>>
More faction variant ships when? Outside of RP purposes, the Church is just a shittier Hegemony.
>>
Give the cathedral massive buffs, also built in frigate LPC's, problem solved
>>
File: screenshot019.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot019.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
shid
>>
>>182115650
this, at least the paths ships have something unique about them.
>>
>all those suggestions to go with your own faction

Don't you get stuck with markets that have only shitty low tech stuff?
>>
>Strap on a shitton of tactical lasers and IPDAI
>Lasers keep stuttershooting because they can't decide on which missile they actually want to shoot at
>>
>>182118001

taclasers actually don't have fantastic tracking speed

also you probably had the group set to LINKED so they all try to shoot the same missile
>>
>>182118298
It's not the tracking speed, they seem to stuttershoot even if it's sabot-tier slow and coming near perpendicular to the ship.
>>
>>182117836
Just make an alliance with whatever faction's shit you want & max relations.
Works as a commission so you can buy everything.
>>
File: 1499359104121.jpg (144KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
1499359104121.jpg
144KB, 600x822px
Why haven't you wrecked your ships yet, /stsg/?
>>
File: 1488687601859.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1488687601859.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>182119723
>When you get a ship with 3 irrelevant d-mods
>When you have 3 points in repair & safety procedures
>Battleships that cost less to field & maintain than destroyers
>>
>>182119723
>>182122194
dmods?
i know nothing of this game and I want to know whats up?
>>
>>182122427

permanent damage.

the upside is that the ships end up cheaper to maintain.
>>
>>182108031
Fuck
Mod
Packs

And fuck the asshole who makes them without permission from the content authors. Fuck him with a rusty rake covered in super glue.
>>
>>182122504
what kind of dmods are you looking for?
are there any decent tutorials on making a good fleet?
>>
>>182118523
There's the Turrets Gyros hullmod for that.
>>
>>182123023
Generally shit like damaged structure/armour. Maybe the one that gives worse flux stats (unreliable subsytems iirc?) or damaged thrusters, but depends on the ship.

Fleet makeup can vary on how you want to play.
The most generic setup you can do is a couple big slow tanky ships to eat fire (Onslaught, Dominator etc) while you have smaller assassin ships sweeping up enemies and exploiting overloads (Sunder & similar work well).
Phase ships generally aren't worth their cost, with a couple of exceptions.
Carriers are amazing support, as long as its not a Condor.
Don't buy Wolfs to fill out your frigates, they're trash.

You always need more PD.
>>
Alright, how exactly is it determined if you can salvage a particular derelict ship? If I saved as soon as I saw the hulk drifting, then continued to it and checked it and it was only salvageable not recoverable, do I have any chance to recover it via savescumming?
>>
>>182125540
Pretty sure its decided on spawn if its recoverable or not.
Savescum wont help.
>>
>>182125825
Fuck.
>>
What file would I have to edit to change the numbers of character skills? I want to change the scaling on the max hirable officers skill from 6/8/10 to something like 8/12/16.
>>
>>182124843
>Condor are bad carriers
Stop giving them vanilla pilum garbage refit them with a salamander pod.
>>
>>182127393

still ain't got shit on a drover

you get what you pay for i guess
>>
>>182122509
>without permission from the content authors. Fu
what're they going to do, call the internet police?

big bad anonymous is giving away my free content for free?
>>
>>182126213
settings.json
>>
>>182128073
And modders, make stuff for free, in their free time, because they want to and share it with others because they want to.

And, it is nice to respect their wishes. After all, they certainly don't have to release anything. Why would you mistreat someone like that?

A little bit of respect and civility goes a long ways.
>>
>>182122509

I think we should have a recommended mod list, but a hacked together mod pack? Thats fucked.
>>
>>182119723

My only not (D) ships is my flagship.

For the rest...

IN RUST WE TRUST
>>
>>182116882

>he used the retarded mod with cruiser sized torpedos

y dough?
>>
>>182128073
I guess it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
>>
>>182129752
And asking for forgiveness, when you know what you are doing is wrong. Is a manipulative tactic, that is going to make folks mad... Even if they don't show it, and accept the apology.
>>
>modpack is requested for months
>anon makes modpack
>fuck modpacks >no handholding >ask for permission from all the mods
christ /stsg/ the thread is almost as much of a clusterfuck as the game.
>>
>>182128073
>Being proud of fucking over modders because of such an unreasonable request
And then people wonder why modders quit and their mods no longer gets updated.
>>
File: panasonic_toughbook_cf20_2.jpg (81KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
panasonic_toughbook_cf20_2.jpg
81KB, 600x399px
>>182130080
i do think it's unreasonable to ask anon to get in touch with what looks like hundreds of mod creators before redistributing their already freely available content.

You have obviously never curated and maintained anything in your life of course so you'll go on hating like the pleb you are.

pic unrelated
>>
>>182130404
Is like, two dozen at the most. So like, an hour of private messages tops. Wow so hard!

And, he also is changing things as well. It is a bit more than just redistributing their mods.

And that is even ignoring the intrinsic problems a mod pack has that are unrelated to the entire permission / modifications of their work points. If you folks are not smart enough to realize by default what they are, ask a modder to explain them to you.
>>
>>182130404
>hundreds
Except half of the mods are the work of a small group. Is it too much to ask to copy-paste a private message to the 10-12 different modders asking for permission? I don't think so.

Plus some of them already explicitly allow redistribution, and others explicitly forbid it.

>You never created or maintained anything
You are funny.
>>
>>182130628
Let's not forget the fact that a mod pack is very risky to begin with and could very easily damage or destroy the game's reputation. Imagine if someone acted like the mod pack author and added in something malicious? How long would it take before someone started blaming Alex or the modders, especially if it was a timed release thing?
>>
>>182130628
>wow so hard!
at this point i am assuming you are twelve, this is completely naive

>and he also is changing things
well he did add the miner

It's very simple, if you don't like it, make your own. oh, you didn't? then fuck off, some of us appreciate the hour of saved effort of right clicking extract on a hundred mods.

>>182130884
>before someone started blaming Alex or the modders,
>for a zip file mod compilation uploaded on 4chan by some college freshman
just ignore them as any adult would. ridicule is also acceptable.

i swear we need to start policing for underage b&
>>
>>182130884
Okay, I don't like much the idea of a modpack mainly because of how often they get outdated, but malicious content is a bridge too far for me. It would be red flagged nearly instantly.

Sneaking in unwanted hidden gameplay alterations, that I could see but same thing: it would probably be signaled quickly.
>>
>>182131089
Heh, wishful thinking pilot.

You are the misinformed one. As that is exactly about how much "work" it would be.
>>
>>182131089
>i swear we need to start policing for underage b&
I wonder if you could train an NLP learner to detect underage posters
>>
>>182131089
Hundred mods? An hour of work?

You are full of so much shit, there is nowhere neat that many mods, nor is it that much work.
>>
>>182131089
>An hour to shift click a dozen or two files, right click and then click extract here
Yup, sounds about right for the time it takes me. Oh wait, I'm not totally inept as using my computer, unlike some others here
>>
>>182131309
Oh SHUT THE FUCK UP MIDNIGHT!!!
>>
>>182131089
>It's fine to create and maintain a modpack, staying on top of every update, repackaging and re-uploading a new version each time for the foreseeable future.
>It's too much work to ask permission to a few modders once.
Logic not found.
>>
>>182131458
And it is funny, now Midnight has become the phantom boogeyman of the Starsector 4chan.

(Also, that isn't him)
>>
>>182131518
Stuff it Soren
>>
>>182131517
>he thinks difficulty is a function of time spent only
some things are much harder to do even if they take less time

but you would know this if you were not a literal child
>>
So is there no way to mass-remove things from storage?

I started setting up a "god" save to test all ships& fits, but it takes forever to take out literally thousands of weapons and modules out of the storage
>>
>>182131664
use mouse/keyboard macro software i guess
>>
>>182131652
I understand. Sending someone a PM is hard: you have to use words and be polite.
>>
>>182131664

why would you move them out of storage en mass? just grab the stuff you need
>>
>>182131725
>I finally understand
Good. Now get out normie, you're shitting up the thread with your concern trolling.

Don't come back and take your namefag mod drama with you.
>>
>>182131883
Heh, what a sweetums this guy is.
>>
>>182132024
>someone on 4chan is being mean to me
it's because you are shit
>>
>>182131883
Yes sir, right away sir. Your flawless rhetoric and on point argumentation opened my eyes and showed me the errors of my ways.
>>
>>182132024

yeah he's like this more or less constantly

it must be tiring
>>
>>182132083
The guy being "shit" is the guy doing the modpack, and the folks defending him.

Anyone who is too dense to realize that, is a dumbass motherfucker. Deal with it, truth hurts don't it?

It certainly isn't unreasonable, that he ask permission like some folks are suggestion.
>>
>muh mod pack

nobody cares. why would anyone download this? as soon as a mod updates you need to update and reupload the entire thing or the user needs to go and pick through individual mods anyway. if you wanna "do the community a favor" or something why not just work on formatting a better source of information about which mods are good? not hands-on enough for you?

ps: it doesn't matter if this guy asked the modders or not beforehand. because a) they would have said no and b) he would not have cared that they said no, which should be immediately obvious to anyone with two brain cells
>>
>Found Astral
>two d mods, one of them is crappy hangar

Should I restore?
>>
>>182132083
It isn't being mean that is the problem.

The issues, are the problems of the mod pack, and the people who do not understand what they are or perhaps choose not to even though people are explaining what they are.

Some of the problems can be solved, and people are suggesting how they can be. And some can not be solved. Really, a mod pack is not a very good idea to begin with.
>>
Is there a mod that overhauls tons of QoL features and small balance changes such as weapon rebalances, economy and other stuff?
>>
>>182133002
Dynasector
>>
>84 replies
>24 unique posters
Must be Soren again getting his panties in a twist and trying to act like he is several people at once
>>
>>182133087
Gonna turn into a shitstorm tomorrow then, clearly.
>>
>>182133197
Yup...
>>
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10992.0

Thoughts?
>>
>>182133272
>Caveats
>fuckhuge list of important stuff

yeah i think i'll pass
>>
>>182133272
>xeno

no thank you
>>
>>182133272
My thoughts:
>>182086353
>>
>>182133272
AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.

It makes the AI less intelligent, thus degrading gameplay. Breaks random shit in vanilla.

Is not compatible with some faction mods, and will outright break some types of custom ship system AIs in them etc.

Xeno makes it, nothing he made or makes ever works right... Ever, yes really. He is a buffoon.
>>
>>182133362
Let's not forget this gem on the OP of the page:
Lastly... I don't think there are any crash bugs left, but if there's anything I've learned from SS modding, it's that a public release inevitably means that Nature will provide the millionth monkey, hah.
>>
Nexerelin and randomly generated sector is bullshit.

there should be at least some pattern in the placement of factions. I am looking at a system with 5 planets, 2 are hegemoney, 2 are trijews and 1 belongs to the imperium. You cant go to any systems without a massive fleet since all factions are mixed up
>>
>>182130054
Nobody asked for a modpack though?

Why would you? There's literally a link to a mod index with the good/popular mods in the OP and pinned on the forums. It is literally right there. It's not even difficult to install them, and the only edit you need to do is to change your RAM settings, which again isn't hard at all.
>>
>>182133518

if you want a more carefully curated experience, well, that's what corvus mode is for
>>
>>182098750
That picture sums up these threads so well it's uncanny...
>>
>>182108201
How about 'don't want to get screamed at by brats using broken shit that fucks my mod up and get blamed for it'?
>>
>>182134110
This
>>
File: 08b.png (851KB, 667x936px) Image search: [Google]
08b.png
851KB, 667x936px
>get a popup that I haven't saved in 20 minutes
>ITS FINE
>I'LL JUST GO EXPLORE THIS BLACK HOLE
What was I thinking

Thank god I didn't do anything important in that time.
>>
>>182133971
Its funny because that image is from like 2015 when I started playing. The 5th panel is talking about trading with fucked markets, something from 0.6 that was removed (sadly) in 0.7

It still makes me a little disappointed that it used to be HOT MONEY IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY when you were notified of a shortage and now even if a market is absolutely fucked.. you'll still either lose money or barely break even.

I love star sector but missions have gotten way too important and free play way too unimportant.
>>
>>182134110
>muh delicate sensibilities
>>
>>182134328
He just said he doesn't want to increase his workload for absolutely no benefit retard.
>>
>>182134328
It's not about sensibilities, it's about being told my mod is broken in some way, trying to diagnose the problem and discovering that it's someone else's sloppy work that's wasting my time.
>>
>>182134313
I don't know, on the other hand salvaging made money far less important too: you can massively cut your running costs by exploring a bit and finding abandoned stations or supplies caches.
>>
>>182134551
It has and I have no problem with salvaging. I still miss trading being more freeform and not about missions.
>>
i miss not having to travel 25 ly to do a bounty
>>
>>182134551
In fact (I'll reply again about it), salvaging is exactly what I liked about trading. There are missions (GO SCAN SHIT IN X SYSTEM) then there are freeform wander around and find derelicts and such. The mission pays for your supplies there and back +15%. The extra stuff you salvage along the way increases your financial gains either indirectly through covering supply costs or directly by giving you nice shit to sell.
>>
>>182134625
Why not do that assassination mission next to Sidria anon?
>>
Who gives a fuck about asking for modders permission in 4chan of all places. Mod packs are retarded and I agree that they are a terrible idea but not because they aren't respectful, take this shit back to the forums.

Anons wanting to make their own version of the mods with different balance or ideas should be something encouraged, not shunned just because poor modder will have his feelings hurt. Remember when that Russian guy tried to revive Arcadia and the author who hadn't released a version in God knows how long went full autistic? Don't be like that.
>>
>>182134531
>hurr durr i'm a modder
someone as mentally crippled as you could not possibly put together anything but a broken piece of shit

so please, tell us which one it is
>>
File: 1482808428313.png (30KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
1482808428313.png
30KB, 200x295px
>>182134846
>mods being anything but mostly broken pieces of shit that advertise as being solid gold but are really made of wood and bits of tape and a scribble that says GOLD on top
>>
When using a alot of Factions mods, is it a good idea to play with Corvus mode?
>>
>>182134674
That I can certainly agree with. Fortunately, the (mostly) removal of free trading is a temporary thing. Given how much refactoring the Outpost mechanic will bring, there was little incentive to take time reworking a mechanic that was going to be changed again anyway.
>>
File: 1428356370699.jpg (33KB, 281x255px) Image search: [Google]
1428356370699.jpg
33KB, 281x255px
>All this modpack drama
>For a game thats as easy to grab mods for as this
????
And how hard is it to just make a single forum post, copy pasted, saying "Hey, I'm making some shit modpack, mind if I put this in it? Kthnx"

>>182134217
>Playing with some new mods
>Just finished up 3 bounties & 5 or so derelict/probe missions off in the fringes (got lucky with spawns)
>Boy, time to go roll in all this money
>Get within a screens distance of core systems
>Crash
>Hadn't saved since before I picked up all the missions
You'd think after years of games consoles overheating and losing hours of save data as a kid I'd have learned.
The invention of the auto save spoiled me so.
>>
>>182135282
There is an auto-save mod. Although by default it only warns you to save, but you can change that in the settings.
>>
>>182135063
It'll come back in the Dwarf Fortress sense of "in a long fucking time". It's been 2 years so we can put it beyond argument that trading has not been a priority update.

There isn't anything bad about what has been updated and the game has grown significantly with the last two updates. But I'm not expecting the game to resolve its issue with trade outside missions in any time frame that is important to me.

>>182135282
Autosave with the autosave mod would be so much better if it only made a separate save file. I can't leave it on because it has a very nasty tendency of saving when I'm running away from some fuckheug fleet that will stomp me if I get caught by it.

But the mod itself is solid. It reminds you to save after a period you tell it to, and re-reminds you afterwards. I just ignored it and now I'm here chatting instead of repeating 30 minutes of play.

Also what mods caused a crash? The ones I run are pretty stable.
>>
So what EXACTLY does Corvus do and should i use it? Do you guys use it?
>>
File: 1499124547067.jpg (136KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499124547067.jpg
136KB, 640x720px
>>182135369
>>182135442
Yeah, I decided not to get the auto save mod.
Trying to force myself to get in the habit of actually saving games manually.
And it means I can make shitty greentext stories when I'm retarded
>>
>>182135451
Corvus mode just means you are playing with the default core worlds in the normal game, and whatever systems/planets/stations that are added by mods.

Turning it off gives you a totally random system.
Nice if you get bored of Corvus I guess, but the distances between inhabitted systems can be retarded.
>>
>>182135451
I use it over the randomized mode.

I used the randomized mode in 0.7 where it made sense because the game was much smaller and more predictable. Now with the vanilla additions it's not really worth it.

>>182135564
Seriously man I'd recommend using it. By default it only reminds you to save. It has an easy to adjust file so you can tell it how persistent to be.

I'm disappointed I just lost all that time because "haha its a black hole i wonder what it smells like haha" but I'm only to blame - the mod reminded me to save and I did not.
>>
>>182135628
what are some good balanced settings for non-corvus?
>>
File: java_2017-07-09_07-01-13.jpg (242KB, 1770x1019px) Image search: [Google]
java_2017-07-09_07-01-13.jpg
242KB, 1770x1019px
FYI for anyone that didn't notice during the update: You can open missions / events and click on the map to open the location. I spent quite a few hours hunting for the exact place I'm supposed to go manually before accidentally realizing this.
>>
DECIDE MY FACTION FOR ME

FUCK

CANT

DECIDE
>>
>>182136042
Sindarian and purge the fuck outta people.
>>
>>182136042

LUDD
U
D
D
>>
>>182136042
i like hedgemony

indep is pretty good too with max ship scavanging
>>
>>182136103
>>182136105
>>182136118
that settles it then
>>
>>182136103
>>182136105
>>182136118
but what about mod added factions such as the imperium or Blackrock?
>>
>>182136273

LUDD
>>
>>182136308
>gay ass laser ships
no
>>
The Luddic Path. Glory for the Ludd!

Also, you get access to Arigato if you're friendly with pirates, which the Luddic Path are, no?
>>
>scan objective is DEEP inside a stars magnetic field
>burn FOUR HUNDRED SUPPLIES to scan it

yeah i'm sure that 40k payment will be worth it.

>>182136273
I like Outer Rim but thats up to you
>>
>>182136372

you seem confused
>>
do we have an album that shows ALL ships from ALL factions yet?
>>
>>182136742
.. the in game encyclopedia?
>>
>Robots defending a probe
>Destroy the robots and get 150 supplies
>Salvage the probe and get 20 supplies
erry time
>>
>>182136434
>not taking just a tanker and a frigate on scan missions
good goy
>>
>joining a faction
>not taking the Free Start option and then using the console to pick a faction of your choice

lol?
>>
File: HES BIG.jpg (215KB, 1770x1019px) Image search: [Google]
HES BIG.jpg
215KB, 1770x1019px
>>182137304
>passing up the opportunity for combat

No way
>>
>get a gaggle of destroyers and its a pretty powerful fleet
>all the bounties are against battlecruisers and such
man I just wanna rush and crush for low pay.
>>
>>182134846
I don't mod for Starsector, I write mods for Factorio. And guess what? Same shit happens there, just like it does in Minecraft, and Skyrim, and every other fucking game on the market that supports mods. That's why random fuckwits throwing mods together into a pack with no QA cause grief for modders. And that's leaving aside native incompatibilities between mods no matter what else you do.
>>
File: 1494835003675.jpg (226KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1494835003675.jpg
226KB, 1000x667px
Hey guys, just bought this yesterday after seeing it posted quite a few times and lurking this general. Problem is, I got to the part in the tutorial where i am supposed to take the mission from ancyra but i got my shit pushed in by some rogue miners right away, right beside the mission objective
>tl,dr how do I git gud bc I really didnt even have the most remote chance of winning that 2 on 2 battle
>>
>>182138746
I worked on a free open source game doing real nigga programming and yeah, it happens there too. Users can submit code (surface level shit like mods) and we encourage it since its less work and more content. Half the time the code "worked" but it was written to be a maintainability nightmare, using hacks and workarounds to do shit. Sometimes shit that was already done by the engine that they weren't aware of.

We had to be extremely cautious about accepting user submissions because if it fucked up, that contributor was GONE and we were the ones left to fix it. And the users don't want to lose content so ha of course we have to fix it.
>>
>>182138908
I have had this game for 2.5 years and never done the tutorial.
>>
Missiles
Projectiles
Laser

Which are the best and in which combination should they be used?
>>
>>182139120
missiles only

others only on SO ships
>>
>>182139223
>missiles only
>cant deal damage to any fleet with point defense systems
???
>>
>>182139305
its fine

just use more missiles
>>
>>182138908
Pretty sure the tutorial actually tells you how to deal with that.

Your fleet is faster, just get in range and lure them away before looping back around to the objective.
Use sustained burn if you need to and turn off your transponder.
>>
>>182139305
Fact: missiles are the strongest race in the sector.
>>
>>182139120
All things in moderation man
>>
>>182139120
Projectiles are the best

Laser ships are gay af
>>
>>182100805
Yeah, screw community stuff everyone for himself fuck the others amirite we final boss of the internet full libertarian now atlas shrugged is a pretty cool guy eh kills spook and doesn't help of anyone
>>
Which are the best cruisers?
>>
>>182139901
t. 2007

we nazis now anon get with the times
>>
>>182139914
I prefer eagle. Quite balanced.
>>
yo what the fuck is this supply drain with the aurora

literally cant deploy that shit to battle without draining all my supplies jesus christ
>>
>>182134846
You heard of the guy that makes RotaryCraft?
He had the exact same problem.
>mods has a well defined progression, each tier lead directly into the next one, need to understand what is going on and how stuff works otherwise shit breaks, sometimes fails catastrophically if you really fuck up
>modpack/server owners look at the recipe and say "oh, this is OP, better make the recipe more expensive" without realizing the stuff needed to make it now requires the very thing it produces -> that item and everything that goes after it is now unreachable
>player goes to server, tries the mod, shit ain't working, "how am i supposed to get [X]? wooow buggy mod"
>player sends strongly worded PM to the modder "WTF UR SHIT IS BROKEN U SUCK DIKS!!!!!!1111!ELEVEN"
>modder spend 5 hours chasing an inexistent bug until he realizes that the mod was used in a server and the admin was a retard

He ended up making the mod intentionally incompatible with a utility used to modify recipes because of that
>>
>>182140424
What exactly is the purpose of rotarycraft?
>>
File: 2017-06-30 02_33_21-Kagami.png (68KB, 641x376px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-30 02_33_21-Kagami.png
68KB, 641x376px
>>182140424
you are basically complaining about internet bullying.
>>
>>182140763
>makes rotary guns rotate more \('_')/
>>
>>182140763
A tech mod for Minecraft involving gearboxes and shafts, speed, torque, all of that.
IIRC it also interfaces with other mods from the same author.

>>182140892
Bullying is something that is intentionally intended to be harmful toward someone, this is instead a big can of retard-proofing slathered all over the mod.
>>
>>182140424

>Modmaker makes stupid mistake of not checking the source of the complaint
>Gets so butthurt about it that he spends ever more fucking time making his mod even worse

I'm sorry, were you trying to prove a point?
>>
>>182141310
>>Modmaker makes stupid mistake of not checking the source of the complaint
The guy making the report may not assume that the modpack/server could be the cause, we're talking about a demographic that averages in the 10 years old and a IQ of 65
>>
I can understand mod makers

I can even understand why they would release the mod to the public

But I can't understand why they would give any
fucks about what people have to say about it

I mean, maybe they want the attention?
>>
>>182141408
>these are the kind of people who are causing you to rip your hair out
you are exhibiting dysfunctional behavior
>>
>>182141408

Which is exactly why you need to check this shit out, not to mention that the use of modpacks is a fucking standard in Minecraft, he was retarded to not see this coming.
>>
>>182141085
I didn't ask what it was. I asked what its purpose was.
>>
>>182140424
>mods a game that kids and hackers play
>loses his fucking mind when he gets childish feedback and people hack his mod together
>>
>>182141451
Pay attention then. We're talking about people bringing bugs up to the mod maker that aren't bugs - they're conflicts with other mods.

By the time you figure out that answer you've wasted several hours of your life because of some fuckboy
>>
>>182141826
>that filename
should have picked notanArgument
>>
>>182141852
You may have misread my post.

Why would you answer their bug? Is it the pride of having a well polished piece of work?

Or a want of praise? Satisfaction in seeing people enjoy your work?

Why would you support a mod you create?

probably the answer is reputation building which you plan later to monetize,
i just can't see this as a rational thing to do otherwise
>>
>>182142189
Because I want my fucking code to work. I read your post you just have no goddamn idea what you're saying.
>>
>>182142305
>Because I want my fucking code to work
so it's pride then and not the only rational choice

you probably should hire a personal assistant (they are quite cheap) to handle the feedback you get because it looks like you are not set up right now to deal with that kind of drama.

You're having a complete meltdown in this thread and we're not even banting you hard. It's just some 4chan rough love. It's fine if you can't handle it, just address this and concentrate on what you are good at.
>>
>>182142679
Alternatively I could roll my eyes at your shitty trolling, call you a retard again, and hide your post.

Retard.
>>
File: stsg skill guide 1.0.png (405KB, 1300x965px) Image search: [Google]
stsg skill guide 1.0.png
405KB, 1300x965px
>tfw you're too busy to participate in the thread when a new one is being made

Sorry for being late, lads. Maybe I should write up a pastebin for the OP if I ever find the motivation to.
>>
>>182142859
You should mention that neutrino detector consumes organics on a per-day basis for upkeep.
>>
>>182141451
Are you saying that you'd prefer modders to not take any feedback into account and never bugfix their stuff? Are you Xenoargh by any chance?
>>
>>182142859
>no idea how to code in Java
>all the fun stuff like Neutrino Detector and other abilities that need modded are in jars instead of json
>>
>>182143008
Wasn't it volatiles?
I've toyed around with using it before and have labeled it as "shit" because it doesn't provide anything that playing well can't make obsolete. Increased sensor strength and stealth are unfortunately sort of pointless. With a level cap of 40, skill points are very valuable.
>>
>>182143149
you're right it was.

it's probably the most worthless skill tree in tech.
>>
File: Screenshot_60.jpg (216KB, 1916x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_60.jpg
216KB, 1916x1079px
Alright so this is my shitty "fleet" for now. What should i do next? Nearly all bounties are either "Very Hard" or at the other end of the universe, as in twice my fuel capacity away.
>>
>>182143528
Change your Eagle's loadout to an SO machinegun/phase lance rapist and kill those bounties anyway
>>
>>182143528
>>182143762
And buy a tanker.
Forgot to add that part.
>>
>>182143762
what does SO stand for?
>>
>>182143528
You can probably take on anything in a cruiser with a medium sized fleet with that navy

And just buy a tanker you nigger
>>
>>182143895
Safety Overrides
>>
File: 1497575262211.png (35KB, 189x205px) Image search: [Google]
1497575262211.png
35KB, 189x205px
h-how to get started ;__;? What are some good noob tips ;___;
>>
>>182144989
>What are some good noob tips
git gud
>>
I dont get it.

Money and supplies are fucking retarded

>bounty for 85k
>do it
>dont lose a single ship
>2 ships go down to 30% hull tho
>fight takes a while because the enemy AI just keeps running away and never attacks
>eventually win
>get my 85k
>repairs cost 212 supplies
>1 supply is 190 credits
>flying to the sector also consumed ~60 supply and 109 fuel (120 each)

Basically no profit considering that i have to fly to a different system now. I can't imagine how people are making money with even bigger fleets. do they just start with the 250k credit start and fucking cheat from time to time?
>>
>>182146262
Field cheaper (supply cost) ships
Fight more lucrative bounties
Chart courses that land you multiple jobs at the same time
Scrap all the ships you kill
2/3 Field Repairs, 2/3 Navigation, 2/3 Fleet Logistics, 2/3 Damage Control on you and every officer
>>
>>182144989
recover every ship you can. lots of small ships beats one big ship.

>>182146262
supplies cost 100 by default

try not to buy them when there is a price rush

protip: mothball the low-str ships until you get somewhere with better prices (might be dangerous, only for pros)
>>
>>182146463
>>182146463
>lots of small ships beats one big ship.
this. you can easily take down a battlecruiser with an equivalent number of properly specced escorts.
>>
>>182146918
> properly specced escorts.
such as?
>>
>>182142859
>field repairs
>3/3 not worth it
Really? The maint. savings from d-mods is huge, and is something I beeline like a motherfucker.
I suppose it might be "worthless" if you actually buy your ships, and don't play the game like an angry spess magpie.
>>
BLackrock

Imperium

Or

???

I am bored of tri and hegemoney, and i played way to much ludd
>>
>>182148230
burakku rokku
>>
anyone ever attempted to do some kind of salvaging only fleet?

As in, never buy any ships, only recover.

What are the drawbacks and what would one need to skill on most characters?
>>
File: i-icandothis.png (841KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i-icandothis.png
841KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: how its meant to be played.jpg (243KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
how its meant to be played.jpg
243KB, 900x900px
>>182147313
SO Lashers full of MGs and annihilators are quite good, and very cheap/disposable.
Wolves full of beams scale amazingly well.
Vigilances full of pilums can wreck all sorts of things, but generally can't do it without something to draw attention away from them.
Tempest swarms are still frightening/hillarious depending on which side you're on.

>>182148230
Independant.
>pic related
>>
>>182148731
>Independant.
how do you keep an income? Do you just salvage everything constant? Do you recover ships since you cant really buy any, and what kind of ships do you usually recover?
>>
>>182148963
recover everything son

sell it if you don't want it
>>
>>182149142
but thats wasting tons of supplies
>>
>>182149194
Mothball. As soon as the salvage screen fades out jam that fat finger on F to bring up the Fleet menu and mothball them.
>>
>>182148651
Yes.
This is p.much how Independant only games work.
Field Repairs 3/3 is a high priority for the supply savings.
Fleet Logistics 2/3 to bump down the costs even more. 3/3 offsets all the d-mods that gimp peak time as well.
Navigation 2/3 is important if you don't have a comission, as you'll be travelling a lot more for your (primarily bounty) battles. (Assuming you're not going to take a comission, but if you're doing that why are you bothering to not buy ships? That's like the entire point of sucking faction dick.)
Safety Procedures 3/3 makes most d-mods irrelevant.
Recovery Operations 3/3 helps keeps you in the field chasing bounties longer with the extra fuel.

>>182148963
Bounties are the primary income. Seriously.
Take the skills above for maint/fuel savings and half of your expenses disappear.
And only recover ships you actively want to use (at some point).

>>182149567
Remember: Mothballing ships saves supplies but NOT fuel.
99% of all the ships you recover should be getting broken down for components anyway.
>>
>>182146262
In like 200 hours of this patch, vanilla and mod - i've yet to encounter a bounty that was not profitable and i never pay attention to the prices of supplies and fuel. I however have a pretty good idea of what i need to beat a bounty.
I think the game does a bad job of explaining just how expensive it is to fly around with an oversized fleet for whatever you're doing. Some bounties are certainly not profitable enough though, especially higher end ones that spawn at the edges of the sector, requiring a signficant fleet (1600+ fuel for the trip) and then giving something like 60k profits which is laughable at that point. At least increase the value of the bounty depending on the distance from the core systems.
>>
>>182149957

>99% of all the ships you recover should be getting broken down for components anyway.

Didn't Alex say that if you don't recover the ships you get more supplies later at the following screen? Sounds like that would actually yield lower results.
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (74KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
74KB, 817x857px
>>182146262
>1 supply is 190 credits

Lmao
>>
>>182150402
>if you don't recover the ships you get more supplies later at the following screen
I'm not sure I get what you mean. If you don't recover the ship it gets broken for parts when you move to the next screen anyway.
Unless you're thinking about recovering the ship, then scuttling it. Which would be a silly thing to do yes.
>>
>>182150402
While that may be true, I've noticed that some weapons that are on the ship don't reach your hands if you "auto-salvage" them.

There was a AM blaster on a ship on the Salavge preview screen that just went up in smoke
>>
>>182149957
Fuel is cheap. Unless you don't have enough.
>>
File: a2e.png (56KB, 231x245px) Image search: [Google]
a2e.png
56KB, 231x245px
>>182135564
>He didn't already grow muscle memory to save after every click and before any risky business from viyda like STALKER
>>
>>182151236
>Stalker
>quicksave is instant but losing 5 minutes of progress is forever
>Star Sector
>quicksave is 10 seconds on a fucking SSD
>>
What do you guys do during saves?

I do 15 pushups every time I save or load.
>>
>>182151707
I do 15 squats.
>>
Did this one pipsqueak seriously just intercept my entire fucking fleet
>>
>>182129605
>he doesn't use the retarded mod with the torpedo that makes the hellbore work as PD
>>
File: screenshot056.png (931KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot056.png
931KB, 1024x768px
>>182152016
>Did this one pipsqueak seriously just intercept my entire fucking fleet
so mad i forgot the pic
>>
File: pBgF3ZI.png (40KB, 134x171px) Image search: [Google]
pBgF3ZI.png
40KB, 134x171px
> noticed that vortex doesn't have phase skimmer anymore
> it has time acceleration instead
> let's test it
> give him shitload of IR and a heavy burst laser + talon and thunder
> start simulation against enforcer
> win
> continue the simulation with II hammerhead and IV sunder
> beats the shit out of them

Gonna use this shit for local crowd control, this shit's insane
>>
>>182152165
how many points to deploy?

Neutrino has a 6 (six) point double bay light carrier.
>>
>>182151518
>quicksave
>he didn't play on a slav computer that made the quicksave take as long as starsector after upgrading his rig
Kids these days
>>
>>182152250
This one's 14.
>>
>>182152561
>>182152561
>the quicksave take as long as starsector after upgrading his rig
are you saying it takes light years to quicksave
>>
>Nearing quad digit fuel cost for moving about
Is there any way to look for remnant battlestations other than fucking about or making two trips once I find one due to leaving everything in storage?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 235x165px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 235x165px
>>182152561
> tfw i own slav Pc
> tfw every battle starts smoothly and he gradually drops to 4 fps
>>
File: 1468595126068.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1468595126068.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>182152561
>I had a quad core, 8 gigs of RAM, and a fast HDD
>in 2017 its a toaster piece of shit
Where does the time go
>>
>>182152852
>8GB of RAM
>piece of shit in 2017
>meanwhile I'm here with 4 gigs
>>
>>182152953
Same.
>>
File: file.png (234KB, 952x549px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
234KB, 952x549px
>>182152953
It was DDR2 RAM .
>>
>>182153121
Nice bookmaker
>>
>>182153252
Thats a somewhat cute idea
>>
>>182142859
Command might be worth something if the ships ACTUALLY FUCKING LISTENED TO WHAT YOU SAID

HOLY FUCK

I SAID DIRECT RETREAT

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING INTO THE ENEMY YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY
>>
>>182153864
I realized that giving orders to the AI beyond the general "attack around here" is worthless.

For actually retreating you could slap avoid commands on all enemy ships.
>>
>>182154364
>>182153864
It was a carrier with no missiles left and at 0% CR

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, THAT YOU WOULD TAKE HIM OUT WITH YOUR PD?
>>
>>182154471
>0% CR
Are you sure his engines didn't just blow up while moving towards the front before the order was given?
>>
>>182154471
I like this better:
> Captains, we've been ordered to eliminate enemy ship! Let's keep away from it while staying in its range so they can slowly send us into oblivion, one by one!
> Aye sir.
> Aye sir.
> Aye sir.
> Aye sir.
> Aye sir.
> Aye sir.
>>
>people claim scorpion (blackrock) is great

did i miss something? the thing has zero damage and is slow as fuck
>>
>>182155282
Yeah, tried it too, with and without fighters. It was killed by one hammerhead with sabots. Maybe it's more exploitable when used by player.
>>
File: quick rundown.png (60KB, 1812x572px) Image search: [Google]
quick rundown.png
60KB, 1812x572px
>>182154839
>>182154919
Here is what happened

yes i'm mad
>>
>>182155282
Blackrocks smaller ships are underpowered in general. Karkinos, nevermore, interdictor and the smaller dedicated carrier i can't remember the name of are fine.
>>
>>182155282
It's pretty good when backing up the faster Blackrock ships. Just remember to use the middle turret for PD on ai fits.
>>
File: 1422311608104.jpg (186KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1422311608104.jpg
186KB, 1280x1024px
>>182151236
STALKER is my bae, and no, I didn't.
Many times a profitable artifact run was ended by a chimera from nowhere and hours lost.
Fucking hours sneeki breeki'ing to the NPP in CoP with only a pistol, just to get fucked by 5 bloodsuckers on a zone transition and lose 4 hours of playtime.

One day I'll learn
>>
>>182155998
>Fucking hours sneeki breeki'ing to the NPP in CoP with only a pistol
>tfw BTR-instakilling knife removed from SoC onwards
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to get my hands on capital ships? they are never sold anywhere
>>
>>182156148
RNG
>>
>>182156148
Max indipendant rep and browse their military markets.
Prism free port if you have the mod that adds it, and you don't mind selling half your organs to fund it.
Commission.

>>182156113
>When your best tactic for dealing with exo's was to sit around a corner and wait for them to come for you so you could dick stab them
>>
Which faction has by far the most balanced fleet?

I wanna use a shitload of frigates and cruisers
>>
> FUUCK THE MOD PACK!!!
>SWEET A MOD PACK!!!

I actaully downloaded it... Nothing really to it. Just a whole shit-ton-a mods from the fourms, like:
58 mods

The modders have a right to know that yeah, their shit is in some anons mod-pack on 4chan.
Though, if they're worried some shitlord is bitching, why not put, "I'm not responsible for Mod Pack Compliations" or some crap in the read me?

Any cuck that whines gets that thrown in their face and if they continue to bitch, their own fault.

>Imperium!!! Black Rock!!!

Where the fuck the rest? Shadowyards is pretty good, an junk-pirates is fucking awesome.
>>
Lower tech, bigger shitload. If you aim for numbers, try hegemony, if balance is your thing, go for league.
>>
>>182155623
That sucks.
>>
>>182156464
Do you think that people downloading a mod pack because it's too much effort to get them from their threads would read that or the mod's OP?
>>
>>182156937
>because it's too much effort to get them from their threads
They would probably post in this thread if there were any problems because you don't even need to make an account on a forum.

Turns out that's what's been happening, so hmm.
>>
>>182156937
>Do you think that people downloading a mod pack because it's too much effort to get them from their threads would read that or the mod's OP?

Nope.
I think people just like the idea of its convenience. Anons were bitching 'bout how it was one or the other so I downloaded it to see what was actually in the stupid thing.
>>
>>182156464
They're mods, not legal property. You can't monetize on mods.
>>
>>182156148
I found my Onslaught GRD as salvage. Its kek worthy when you realize you found your best ship like 2mins after I got a Hammerhead in the trash.
>>
>>182152152
That shit kept happening to me yesterday with the coalition after I started what turned into Somme: Space Edition with my old friends the pirates.
>>
>>182157289
Actually you can, it's the matter of choice. Check silent hunter, for example.
>>
>>182157289
>They're mods, not legal property.

No, they are legal property.

Every drawn image in a mod is a piece of property in itself, even.
>>
>>182157631
>>182157289
>They're mods, not legal property. You can't monetize on mods.
tell that to Bethseda.

Really though, I just Downloaded the thing to see what it had. Found it had basically all the current mods in the list.
If I made a Mod, i wouldn't be too upset if they got it from a mod-pack. If they try an made my mod out to be their polished-shit instead?

Yeah, no, make you own shit polished.
>>
>>182148731
>a fleet of nothing but long ranged2x Graviton beams and HI Lasers Sunders

Beam spam is great, I only have 3 of the things and they are either great support or wrecking shit because no ships in the game seems to be able to keep up with constant beam spam when massed.
>>
>>182157289
Annnnd you're wrong. Mods are the intellectual propriety of their author, regardless of the possibility to earn money from them (which btw is only forbidden because the EULA says so).
>>
>>182157673
legal property of the copyright owner

since they are a derivative work that would be the game creator
>>
>>182157986

no, that's not how it works at all.
>>
>>182157986
Wrong again. "Derivative work" doesn't define the ownership of a work but the legality of it's diffusion. Yes Disney can DMCA any Starwars fan art/mod/whatever, but no they do not magically gain ownership over them.
>>
>>182158346
t. wishful thinking

>>182158557
They own all starwars derivatives, and may at their will license the right to reproduce it to others.

nobody else actually owns anything star wars besides disney.

this is why for example bioware moved away from KoToR and made their own lore with Mass Effect.
>>
>>182158557

additionally loads of mods are not derivative works. take diable for instance, it's all original work.
>>
>>182156148
salvaging / recovery from pirate or deserter fleets is how I usually get mine. otherwise, save up and buy from the prism freeport / a faction you have a commission or alliance with
>>
>>182158979
>mod
>not a derivative work
???
>>
>>182158979
>>182158557
Junk Pirates, ASP, Shadowyards, SCY, Black Rock, Exi and Arh, Metelson Industires, to name a few more with original or very few bits of Derivative work.
>>
>>182158914
That's (fortunately) not how it works at all. They contract people to use their license and those contracts specifically and explicitly state that the authors relinquish the ownership of the product against payment.

In short: there is a pretty big difference between owning an Intellectual Propriety and owning a piece of (art)work.
>>
>>182157717
Love beam Sunder.
Bonus if its one of the variants added by mods with the small ballistic slots replaced with energy ones so you can slap on 2 tacticals.
They melt frigates and other destroyers while staying flux neutral. Only downside is how fast they melt if anything looks at them. And how stupidly the AI tends to pilot them
>Full beam setup with optics mod and ITU
>Range effective range of about 1.5k
>AI still decides it needs to get in 500 range of enemy cruisers
>>
>>182157712
Bethseda owns their own game, so they can sell add-ons.
>>
File: Fat fucking frog.jpg (179KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Fat fucking frog.jpg
179KB, 1280x719px
>ITT: Modders buttblasted that they can't mine attention and thread page views if their mod is just one in a fuckhuge list on an anonymous datamining honeypot
How long till DRM
>>
>>182161513
>ITT same weird projection about modders' mindsets as always
>>
>>182161513
I'm not a modder but I still think a mod pack is dumb. literally just go on the mod index and find what mods you like. mod pack anon should just make a mod of his own with his domain era redacted rebalances instead of jamming them into a mod pack.
>>
>>182162378

but then he'd have to have his work stand on its own merits. that's scary.
>>
>>182162378
>stop liking what i don't like
with anon's modpack, i can now save money on heating costs
>>
>>182136021
?
why not just click on Map [W]
>>
>>182162378
True, that's possible.
But on the other hand QoL improvement (plus i think it contains stuff that is not on the modding forum per-se, like buffs to derelicts and extra bounties) since you don't need to browse multiple threads and separately download everything; just DL the modpack, unpack in the mods folder, select what you want in the launcher and voilà, it's done
>>
>>182163030
it brings you directly to the location. try it.
>>
>>182161226
... Well, my boot's in my mouth now.

Actually looked at what I was thinking of (the Creation Club) and yeah, you're right. So, newfag loses.

>>182163128

Personally, I'm not going to try it but not gonn'a knock it if people want to use it. So, godspeed Anons.
>>
>>182140026
we were nazis then too
just younger
and not as proud
>>
>>182141852
And in the context of StarSector
If you have a faction mod
It SHOULD work with all other friggin faction mods + most other mods

If there is a conflict between you're mod and dynasector or nex or whatever, then you want to know this so you can fix it!
>>
>>182146262
Do multiple bounties at once, don't burn all your CR down to nothing in a fight, thats very expensive, once of the downsides of fielding SO ships

Don't salvage big ships before you can afford them
>>
>>182164030
Not really but then again I don't list my mods publicly so I don't have to listen to you little shits so whatever blather on.
>>
>>182152250
Yea but vortex has a 0.6 flux/damage shield
>>
File: 1363320829900s.jpg (3KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
1363320829900s.jpg
3KB, 92x125px
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12789

oh baby, here we go
>>
>>182165613
what is it

im too lazy to click
>>
>>182165685
SO for capitals.
>>
>>182163765
guess the sjw's were right after all, we're all ebil nazis rapists when you get down to it.

they finally got us to admit to it. oh well, i guess I'll go get a second scoop of vanilla ice cream.

>>182165741
aren't there some ludd caps in vanilla with SO?
>>
>>182166047
>aren't there some ludd caps in vanilla with SO?
no, you're thinking of the IBB ludd onslaught
>>
>>182164171
>so I don't have to listen to you little shits
>he says after listening carefully to the reply of aforementioned little shit
>>
>>182166047
>two scoops
s-stop him, somebody
>>
daily reminder to live by ludd's teachings

guys what should i get for lunch help im hungry and cant figure out what i want
>>
>>182167219
Do you have some "bacon" (not sure of the name, is like the big slabs of bacon/speck, only is mostly fat and has some spices on the "skin") and either Sichuan pepper or chili pepper, as well as some spaghetti and tomato sauce?
You can make a "amatre" pasta i think it's called
>>
peameal back bacon?
>>
File: 4af.jpg (53KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
4af.jpg
53KB, 528x528px
>>182166479
>he thinks people actually fucking care about the dumb shit he writes on the internet
>>
>>182155623
Known bug with carriers.
>>
>>182168646
everything is a bug if you look hard enough. :P

Honestly though, that, I haven't experienced yet... Maybe the ship turns Kamikaze or something, "I HAVE BROUGHT DISHONOR! TIME TO DIE!" or some such thing.
>>
>>182160951
extra bonus points if one of these sunders decide to get in front of another sunder's beams
extra EXTRA bonus points if the blocked sunder tries to swat a salamander off of the other sunder's engine with HIL
>>
>>182168513
damn you're such a tsundere
>>
>>182167219
What do you have available mang
>>
>>182167219
Peppers, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, any other vegetable you have in the fridge, oil, salt, eggs. Chop all the veggies.

Fry that onion and garlic a bit, throw peppers, fry them for about 5-10 minutes. Throw in other vegetables and cook 5 minutes. Then pour in sauce and cook it till it's hot. Put some spices and salt.

Fry some eggs and pour that shit over them.

Congrats, you eat like a jew. Seriously, this is their national food.
>>
>>182169496
>Seriously, this is their national food.
That doesn't look like goy foreskins
>>
File: 1464297540595.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464297540595.png
440KB, 633x758px
>>182168810
>in battle
>lone enemy unguided rocket passes between me and one of my battleships
>battlehip decides to use all sorts of heavy weaponry to take down the rocket
>all shots miss the rocket
>but not me
>>
>>182169913
Ain't it fun?
>>
>>182169496
am i the only person in the world who dgaf about food
>>
>>182169913
Based Devastators
>>
>>182170685
I give a fuck cause dish like this costs 6 euros for 4 people, while a fucking ordered pizza costs 6 euros per person at best.
>>
>tfw followers actually captured a planet solo.

Nice.

Now to go to all the planets and buy >500 marines to take that other neutrino planet in my sector
>>
File: cultured.jpg (146KB, 754x653px) Image search: [Google]
cultured.jpg
146KB, 754x653px
>beam Sunders
who else [man of culture] here?

>tfw missing the super rare beam range hullmod
>>
>>182171841
also if anyone knows of the top off their head which planet has cheap marines and lots of them please tell
>>
>>182171507
>not dumpster diving
don't fall for the food jew
>>
>>182171943
Advanced optics doesn't work on lightning guns anyway.
>>
File: 1336363211116.jpg (220KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1336363211116.jpg
220KB, 600x600px
>>182171943
>Lightning Guns
>>
Do you guy put recovery shuttles on your carriers?
>>
>>182171943
>Not high intensity laser
>Not graviton beams

DISAPPOINTING
>>
>>182172302
graviton beams are trash
>>
>>182171943
>beam sunder
>no advanced optics
culture level: chinese "culture"
>>
>>182172413
better than lightning guns
>>
>>182172521
lightning guns are decent. at least they do something unlike graviton beams
>>
>>182172152
Look, if you save those 6000 € per year, you can spend money on smarter things while eating quality food. Fast food is stupid man's daily meal.
>>
>>182172782
>not just making more money
>not paying to have a live-in maid in a french maid outfit
>not molesting your live-in maid
anon what are you doing
>>
File: 1499372018168.jpg (305KB, 950x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1499372018168.jpg
305KB, 950x1234px
>>182172265
>Lightning Guns
>>
File: 1400845752416.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1400845752416.gif
2MB, 500x391px
>>182173180
>>
>>182172671
> have eagle with heavy mortars and gravity beams
> can concentrate on single enemy or disperse multiple
> chased two devastators with that shit, owned them in Flux battles cause of beams
> eagle is discount aurora
>>
File: 1463093910794.jpg (45KB, 625x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463093910794.jpg
45KB, 625x540px
>>182172782
>living "healthy"
>>
>>182173180
that's clearly shopped

no ideal fit would have lighting guns
>>
>>182173497
>shitscan weapon with 1k range and emp damage
it's an ideal fit
>>
>>182173042
Working less to enjoy free time. I guess I want less expensive fun than you. And I ain't that tired, I feel fine compared to friends who work overtime.
>>
>>182173497
But they shoot fucking LIGHTING!! Come on!!! Space lightning fuckers! WOOOO!!!
>>
>>182173658
AND hard flux no less
>>
>>182173760
it's not actual lighting, it just looks like that: lightning doesn't work in outer space because there is no gas for it to excite
>>
File: screenshot001.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Got this game a couple days ago, just got my first cruiser. Is this a decent load out?

The Heavy Blasters are causing flux issues, what should I switch them out with?

Pic related.
>>
>>182173451
>not living in mommy's house
>not letting her treat you with delicious and healthy tendies
the pot calling the kettle black
>>
>shots fired between followers and persean league

fuck
>>
>>182173992
I read the article on particle beams on Projectrho and they said that firing a charged beam in order to disperse charge built up from a previous, oppositely charged particle beam is a Bad Idea.
Space still has a thin but very conductive plasma, your ship's hull has built up a bunch of Coulombs and you fire a oppositely charged beam you are just going to creating a short circuit going through that plasma and vomit a number of Amperes with far too many zeros to be ever considered safe, radiation (even of the ionizing kind) ahoy
>>
>>182174001
Phase Lances
>>
>>182174001
Change reinforced bulkheads for Safety Override and it will be better.
>>
>>182173992
But it looks so cool... Nyeah... ; ~;
>>
>>182174474
Costs 45 op and prevents active venting and reduces weapon range. Not sure what's so useful about so.
>>
>>182175147
When you have your shields down it vents, so you don't have to do any active venting at all. Also gives you a fuckton of speed, with the only downside being less peak performance time.
>>
>>182175147
>and prevents active venting
AND doubles passive venting rate (guess at what rate active venting removes flux?)
AND gives you permanent zero-flux boost (+50 speed)

It's for your close range rape ship, the one that goes in the enemy's grill and violate them to death with a dildo-made-of-jagged-rusty-knives-and-explosions-chuck
>>
File: 1443351448985.jpg (17KB, 390x378px) Image search: [Google]
1443351448985.jpg
17KB, 390x378px
>>182174052
>tfw mommy has never made tendies for you
dumpster days are love
dumpster days are life
>>
>>182172521
What's bad about HVD-lite guns with instantaneous shot travel time?
>>
>>182175359
>>182175419
Nice arguments. Should I cut flax cap or vent?
>>
>>182175503
contrarianism
>>
>>182175147
SO is good because

1) always has 0-flux boost, so always can pick battles and close to range. 0-flux boost as a mechanic is designed to make it easier to join and harder to disengage from battles. now imagine having it all the time

2) doubles venting rate, increasing the OP efficiency of adding further vents or making you save OP by making extra vents unnecessary (on SO enforcer with shieldbypass you can use 0 vent 0 cap)

3) due to the vent boost, you can fit the greediest weapons (Assault Chaingun, Heavy Blaster, Scatter CEPC, Scalaron Repeater) or as above, use flux effective but high dps PD weapons to knife fight

if you hate fighting pathers, imagine having a fleet of only optimized, officer ran, player designed SO ships that just charges in and starts raping stuff

but i like to have one or two token SO ships in my fleet, usually in the hands of officers that are perfect for it and on really tanky low tech ships
>>
>>182175428
>dumpster privilege
i get bullied by the gypsies if i try to dumpster dive for tendies
>>
File: screenshot003.png (753KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot003.png
753KB, 1366x768px
>>182176253
>>182175419
>>182175359
Updated design. Opinions?
>>
>>182176358
nah m8 are you trolling or some shit? thats like the opposite of what you want to use it for

this is where you would want to spend that OP from SO on other hullmods

if you want to turn this thing into a close range rape machine, replace the ballistics with heavy machineguns and the energys with ion pulsers, pulse lasers or blasters etc
>>
>>182176358
>Capacitors
... Try again.
>>
>>182176358
try it in the simulator before posting (press N)

tell us how it does against other cruisers
>>
>>182176358
You want vents with SO.
>>
>>182176515
the falcon is also practically a destroyer that pays cruiser price for its hullmods but gets cruiser bonuses. this means you want hullmods with scaling bonuses on it, such as ITU/DTC. SO doesnt scale meaningfully and this is a waste of your points
>>
>>182176358
?????
remove the friggin heavy autocannons that have tons of range you can't even use due to SO
Stuff like heavy machine guns or flame throwers is the good shit
Max vents, nothing in capacitors
>>
>>182176284
I just go to the rich parts of town, no one dumpster diving there, also no locks on the dumpsters
>>
File: screenshot058.png (311KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot058.png
311KB, 1024x768px
>tfw you have destroyers with more flux dissipation than anon's SO cruiser

>>182177151
they won't let me in to the nice parts of town because i wear a track suit
>>
>>182177353
why would you put a heavy mauler there instead of another HVD

What are the 2 light needlers for? Point defense?
>>
>>182176515
>>182176524
>>182176752
>>182176791
tbqh telling a newer player to use SO isn't the best idea.
Shouldn't be too surprised that they don't get it, and even less surprised when the post about losing his ship shows up in a half hour or so shows up.
>>
>>182177838
SO increases your freedom, it doesnt really limit it

but the trap is in making a shitty variant, so you have a point there
>>
>>182177838
If he played SPAZ he will be very able to run that ship without problems.
>>
>>182177353
>they won't let me in to the nice parts of town
what, like gated communites?
do you live in some third world shit hole?
>>
>>182177963
the reason i would actually recommend not using SO for new players is because otherwise you wont learn how to use active vent properly. any retard can back far out of range and vent their remaining flux, but theres a lot to gain from learning how to do it in the middle of a fight and get away with it
>>
Went into the sim and threw against a venture class. All available op was into vents.

Wrecked it but lost all armor on left wing due to harpoon spam. It ran well enough, had to keep pulling back to drop shield and vent, flux shoots up.. Think I might drop SO.
>>
File: 1454264794280.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454264794280.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>182177963
Eh, I was meaning more of how its playstyle can lead to people fucking themselves by mistake.

Pretty easy for a newer player to rush in and get surrounded then macross'd using SO because their AI fleet was being chased away by a single mudskipper.
>>
File: screenshot062.png (452KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot062.png
452KB, 1024x768px
Rate my GRD Onslaught anons

>>182177636
needlers are for extra shield deeps and PD

mauler does 400 deeps to armor (vs ~70 for HVD)

tac laser does the same armor deeps as HVD but costs fuckall points and also has 1000 range.

wish i could sqeeze in ITU. maybe if i swapped out the needlers?

I can swap out an HVD for a lighting meme gun, i could use the ion. thoughts? but then i don't get the bang from the fast ammo feed.

>>182178470
>harpoon spam
more point defense is the answer anon
>>
>>182178470
the key to SO is to disengage before you overload and drop your shields once you're out of range. missiles shouldn't be a problem if you know what you're doing with SO
>>
File: tumblr_ns4736Swj21uvh6g4o1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4736Swj21uvh6g4o1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x375px
>>182178286
> tfw gated communities have more criminals and dealers than the rest of the city
>>
>>182179320
I don't know what I am doing, Anon
>>
>>182179631
practice makes perfect
>>
>>182174353
Would you happen to have the article?
>>
>>182179806
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacegunconvent.php

>Another problem is one shared by ion drives, the "space charge." If you keep shooting off electron beams you will build up a strong positive charge on your ship. At some point the charge will become strong enough to bend the beam. And the moment your ship tries to dock with another it will be similar to scuffing your shoes on the rug and touching the doorknob. Except instead of a tiny spark it will be a huge arc that will blow all your circuit breakers and spot-weld the ships together.

>Don't try to neutralize the charge by firing off positively charged proton beams. John Schilling warns that space is filled with an extremely low-density, but conductive, plasma. You try to eject charge from your ship, and the ship itself becomes part of a current loop. Not only is the current flowing through the hull (or trying to) likely to cause problems, but all those electrons or protons being sucked in produce X-rays on hitting the hull.
>>
File: screenshot005.png (921KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot005.png
921KB, 1366x768px
By the way I have a bunch of weapons in storage at Volturn, is it worth keeping them all, or sell?

Pic realated
>>
File: screenshot063.png (345KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot063.png
345KB, 1024x768px
I can't afford this

Spent all my money on marines and system defense fleets.

what would you put on it?
>>
>>182180569
It's only worth keeping weapons that you are sure you will use, that being said, I store all weapons I get because I enjoy seeing numbers go up.
>>
>>182180569
I never sell weapons.
>>
>>182179229
>>tac laser does the same armor deeps as HVD but costs fuckall points and also has 1000 range.
>he judges damage potential purely on DPS and range alone
Next you'll tell me Storm Needlers are the best large ballistic guns available.
>>
>>182181039
you gonna say something to back that up are are you just posturing
>>
>>182181039
Sure.
If you are running SO on something with a spare large slot that can handle the flux, and for some reason doesn't have some small slots you could use normal needlers in.
>>
>>182180684
>I store all weapons I get because I enjoy seeing numbers go up
My negro
>>
>>182181214
Read up on how armor's damage reduction works and come back.
>>
>>182181039
>Next you'll tell me Storm Needlers are the best large ballistic guns available.
One of the best yes, they can easily win you a flux war when used against shields but they are more of a brawling role rather than the long range support of the gauss.
As soon as the shields are down though, is the Hellbore chance to come out and play, depending on range

>>182180606
Autopulse or plasma cannon
Heavy blaster
HVD to prep the enemy
no small ballistics
Harpoons or sabots
Ion cannons as long as they can point forward, assorted PD otherwise

Get in, wreck shit, get out
>>
>>182179229
>pilum
lol
>>
>>182181863
aint nothin wrong with the pilum kiddo
>>
>>182181586
>SN
>winning flux wars
Have you EVER played this game with easymode turned off?
>>
>>182182109
Yes and i used them with great effect.
Part of winning flux wars is DPS, if you can put the enemy above a safe flux treshold before they can fire then you only have soft flux to deal with. By preventing your enemy to fire you directly diminish the amount of flux he'll be able to inflict on you.
>>
>>182179229
>this entire post
You're just dumb enough to fit right in the official forums crowd.
>>
all of (you) are retards
>>
>>182183083
>>
STOP CRASHING
>>
>>182182074
>Putting long-range harrassing weapons on a front-lining battlecarrier.
Bruh at least have the decency to use harpoons or annihilators if you want to give your fighters support, there's no point to having that much range on something when you want to be in the middle of the fight most of the time.
And for the love of god get some better PD coverage on that thing or you're going to be spending most of your time wishing you had thermal cannons instead of xyphos fighters.
>>
Does hardened subsystems increase the time a carrier can be active in combat? Which hull mods do?
>>
>>182184106
By increase active time do you mean peak performance time or the replacement rate?
Subsystems is for performance time, while expanded deck crew gives you all the replacement rate you should need.
>>
guys i got a message about my pirated game affecting my rng is that true?
>>
normally lurk but newcomer to the thread in general, probably going to buy SS. Anything I need to know? Is it viable to just use a few heavily upgraded ships?
>>
>>182184304
probably not, but if its harder aint it better?
>>
>>182184403
>Is it viable to just use a few heavily upgraded ships?
Its pretty much the best way to play if you don't want massive logistics costs.
>>
File: screenshot064.png (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot064.png
329KB, 1024x768px
>500,000 credits
By the time I raised enough money to get the mod-eagle, it was no longer in the store
>>
>>182184304

yeah

if you want proof, go visit a luddic path military market - it'll have almost nothing but colossus2
>>
>>182185541
When is someone going to make red brdy scorpion with 3 large energy slots, SO and unlimited Flux dissipation, respawning everytime you kill it, not letting you off the battle screen?
>>
>>182186273
never?
>>
>>182185541
How is that proof?
>>
>>182184304
Yes

Your ships will "randomly" ignore your orders and rush to their deaths.
>>
>>182186786
Sounds normal to me.
Are you trying to bullshit this guy? AI does that all the fucking time. and I bought the game.
>>
>>182187172
What if Alex is pirating someone else and selling pirated copies?
>>
File: serious consideration.jpg (21KB, 186x212px) Image search: [Google]
serious consideration.jpg
21KB, 186x212px
>>182187172
>I bought the game.
>>
Paragon on sale in the High End shop

1 million credits and some change.

I have maybe twenty BCs in various states of repair.

It's a difficult ship to defeat in the simulator, though.
>>
File: screenshot027.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot027.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Help, I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>182187784
it's a good ship but it struggles to find its niche outside of large fleet battles and battlestation assaults
>>
>>182187905
reinforced bulkheads is pointless, it doesn't even do anything
Compromised armor is a real bad D mod for cap ships but w/e
Put 2 squals on there
Generally you don't need the same weapons on both sides, because you are broadsiding

You need more PD, lotta fights its ok to not have it, but then there are the fights where you get raped by fighters/missiles

need the pd
>>
File: screenshot065.png (299KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot065.png
299KB, 1024x768px
>phase assault corvette
never seen one of these before. Costs a massive 20 points to sortie but has some very strange fixed mounts.
>>
>>182187905
You don't need to use both sides when engaging target.
>>
So I took a month long break.
Was it updated and are the big mods updated for the current version?
>>
>>182188319
Yes
>>
>>182188319
Mods are updated, and yes new version.
>>
>>182188223
>not wanting to crush puny ship between twin pincers of death
is of coward?
>>
File: old men.jpg (127KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
old men.jpg
127KB, 800x1130px
What setting do you need to change to increase the number of ships and items sold at markets?
>>
What faction mods should I get?
>>
>>182188950
is this a deus ex reference
>>
>>182189734
all of them

just get the modpack
>>
>>182188157
turns out it's shit

who would have thought.
>>
>>182191835
Its guns are too quirky for players to manage properly, and AI has no fucking idea how to fly it.

In short, you're right. It's shit.
>>
>>182188157
>20 deployment points for a corvette
I had one in my fleet once and it died like a bitch, what mod even adds it?
>>
File: right handed fap.jpg (263KB, 916x1190px) Image search: [Google]
right handed fap.jpg
263KB, 916x1190px
>>182187905
Let me help you, friend. No homo.
>>
File: screenshot006.png (753KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot006.png
753KB, 1366x768px
Got a carrier and threw some talons in it. Is this decent?
>>
>>182195014
>MIRVS

squalls 4 life
Or some large mod missile
>>
>>182195047
WHY ALWAYS THE REINFORCED BULKHEADS ?
>>
>>182195258
>mounting front-facing squalls on a broadside ship
uncultured
>>
>>182195047
It's a solid carrier tbqh. Tanky and only twelve points to sortie.

Theyre all about their fighter wings, though, and those suck balls.
>>
>>182195376
Funny that you say that, I just changed it out for the unstable injector.
>>
File: screenshot066.png (645KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot066.png
645KB, 1024x768px
Post your drovers
>>
>Torpedo salvo coming my way
>It's alright my ship has that teleport ability thing
>Use it
>Teleported straight on top of the salvo
>>
>>182195724
>>182195047
>Reinforced Fuckheads
>>
>>182195509
What fighter would you recommend?
>>
>>182195796
How do you fuck up that majorly.
>>
>>182195796
I kinda hate teleports because I never end up exactly where I expect to end up. It's especially brain-breaking when just about every visual reference point around you (ships) are constantly changing direction and it's hard to tell where YOUR ship's directional vector is pointing at with respect to space.
>>
>>182195258
Squalls have shit tracking even if the stats say they don't. MIRVs rape everything and are well worth the extra OP, Locust are pretty good too though.

What I take issue with is going for full weapon mount usage on a broadside. Asymmetrical with a few token guns (particularly discounted hellbore/mark IV) to discourage flanking is all you need.
>>
>>182195973
Big ship + speck of dust in the way
>>
File: screenshot067.png (565KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot067.png
565KB, 1024x768px
>>182195797
they tend to die because of awful AI. RB lets you save the fighters which cost about 100k a piece in the high end shop.

but you'd know that if you had played the game.

>>182195832
ion fighters are good for crowd control, for example taking down big threats. You'll want intercepters for PD... always carry 1-2 PD ships (these could be carriers or just ships with laser/frag PD) in case you run into a fighter-heavy fleet, otherwise you will just get wrecked.
>>
>>182196039
the AI is pretty proactive about activating jets and quickly turning its PD side towards an oncoming barrage. i find the OPs well spent for AI ships.
>>
File: 1491364650779.png (202KB, 421x568px) Image search: [Google]
1491364650779.png
202KB, 421x568px
>press spend free op after outfitting my ships with what i want on it and still have ordnance points left
>it always puts on reinforced bulkheads and/or blast doors
>>
>>182196439
Edit vmparams and increase memory allocation.
>>
>>182196303
>uses Thunders without a hint of irony
>loses carriers often enough to put RB on them
>accuses someone else of Being Bad At The Game
>>
>>182196303
>Put high-end fighters on carrier.
>Don't give your important carrier any escorts.
>Carrier dies.
>"Oh better just put RB on it lol."
>>
I wish there was a way you could set your wings to operate together. I fucking love Claws but they always arrive first and lose half the wing against the enemy shield before my broadswords or whatever show up.
>>
File: laughing homos.png (315KB, 465x455px) Image search: [Google]
laughing homos.png
315KB, 465x455px
>>182196303
>Thunder
>Recovery Shuttles
>Hardened Shields
>that stupid Medusa kitbash destroyer with Ion Blaster and Heavy Needler
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>182196986
I would love that too.

If I could coordinate that anti-fighter wings engage the enemy just before my missile salvos and follow it with ion/bombers I would make a fleet just out of Moras.

>>182196303
>recovery shuttles
>>
File: laughing nc.jpg (226KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
laughing nc.jpg
226KB, 1000x893px
>>182195724
>>182197052
>Hammerhead kitbash with tac lasers
Oh wait, you're the same retard who thinks Tac Lasers deal higher damage against armor than HVDs.
Opinion doubly discarded. Come back when you're properly educated and cultured.
>>
>>182196303
>ion fighters are good for crowd control
>ion fighters
>crowd control
are you just making up terms to make yourself sound smart?
>>
Seriously what fighter should I use?
>>
>>182197710
>>182197268
>>182197176
>>182197052
>>182196764
>>182196601
You may not like it, but that's what Peak Performance looks like.
>>
>>182198007
Talons are ok desu but id swap out one of them for a bomber or heavy fighter
>>
>>182198007
If we're talking about vanilla, I usually stick with some combination of Broadswords, Khopeshes, and Daggers.
>>
>>182198007
If you're playing non modded, I'd say the broadsword or Gladius... Or the Kopesh.
>>
Saved up a million for that Paragon in Prism.

Should I buy or wait to salvage it from somewhere? Maybe some high end bounty.
>>
so is the pirated copy rng thing a meme because I haven't had anything bad happen
>>
>>182200049
>pay a fortune to get it now
>wait however long it takes for it to show up in a bounty, hope it's salvageable then end up paying a fortune to restore it anyways
Just buy it nignog. Money's cheap.
>>
How do Nex's faction mechanics work? Is it M&B style where another faction owning a city doesn't actually change the goods they produce? Does Player faction get things like taxes and such from owned planets?
>>
>>182200469
You get what appears to be the same stipend as if you were a merc for a faction.

Planets seem to produce the same stuff they did when you captured them, although it seems they restock only with hedgemony ships.
>>
>>182201293
So conquest turns any planet low-tech? Gross.
>>
>>182202004
>tech pervs
lol, but really I think you could change it through files but I've never done it so you would have to look into it yourself
>>
>>182202004
it's less turning 'low-tech' and more 'player faction defaulting to low-tech ships'
you can edit it in the nexelerin factions folder
>>
>>182203039
Is it specifically player faction that causes it or does even TT conquering a planet turn it into a low-tech shipyard?
>>
>>182203164
>>182203164
>even TT conquering a planet turn it into a low-tech shipyard?
on a conquered planet the shipyard will only restock with low tech ships
>>
>>182203308
What the fuck? Why?
>>
>>182203164
It won't. Planets and stations sell the tech of whatever faction owns it, so if even Tritach captures some backwater shithole, they'll start selling high tech stuff.
Thread posts: 469
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.