[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #60

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 187

File: 1491077107961.jpg (94KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1491077107961.jpg
94KB, 520x390px
>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

with a teaspoon of despair edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
https://www.platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
https://mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
http://pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
http://wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?%E5%80%8B%E4%BD%93%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
http://pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
https://mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
https://mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
http://vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread: >>173891401
>>
File: cute.png (381KB, 700x856px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
381KB, 700x856px
2B9S cutest lewdest couple.
>>
I bought the No pants 9S and the Pod upgrade trophies
>>
Name one character more fucked than Emil.
>>
>>173978126
Brother Nier literally[\spoiler]
>>
File: 1463716987778.png (216KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463716987778.png
216KB, 500x512px
"Good morning my love~"
>>
>>173978225
brother Nier a shit, daddy Nier is obviously the canon iteration.
>>
File: 2B judging you.jpg (119KB, 985x931px) Image search: [Google]
2B judging you.jpg
119KB, 985x931px
>>173978116
Why didn't you let 9S run around with no pants on?
>>
File: 1375435554788.jpg (23KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1375435554788.jpg
23KB, 500x572px
>Ywn be a defender model YoRHa
>Ywn sit on some backwater supply dump in the middle of the desert
>Ywn have your only friend and companion be your cute Operator
>Ywn get to invite her down only for the Backdoor to open
>Ywn detonate your boxes while embracing to leave this fucked world
>>
>>173978116
But the no pants trophy is really easy. Just don't use transporter or get it before transporters become available
>>
File: ay too.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ay too.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>173978552
Too busy playing with A2.
>>
>>173978116
>self destruct early in B
>just keep playing till you get the trophy
easy
>>
File: C9LMM3HUMAEYwl8.jpg (104KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
C9LMM3HUMAEYwl8.jpg
104KB, 1200x627px
>>173978816
She needs a bath.
>>
>>173978225
only if you include him getting fucked by Kaine after E
>>
>>173979009
He was a prostitute dude.
>>
>DLC where you play as Commander
>DLC where you play as A2
>DLC where you play as Devola and Popola

Fuck, where are the DLCs.
>>
>>173979159
http://www.christianpost.com/news/nier-automata-dlc-update-latest-news-no-meaningful-dlcs-due-to-budget-constraints-says-game-director-178264/
>>
>>173979229
They don't have to be meaningful, they just have to be fun
>>
>>173978576
>implying operator would give a fuck about you when everything around is more interesting than you
I noticed in previous thread that girls in the desert are forgotten by the world. They haven't even noticed everyone else died, they just stare at sand with occassional scorpions and snek and enjoy themselves.
>>
>>173978472
Seeing as weeb Nier happened 5 years after best Nier, they're probably both canon.
>>
>>173979159
>no DLC where you play as an abandoned android prototype, gradually replacing the old parts of your body with new android parts and rediscovering your past memories while gradually going from a smuck that gets his/her ass kicked by the beginning robots to a powerful hybrid android that uses a blend of all of the model's abilities to destroy your enemies
>>
File: love is over.jpg (134KB, 833x632px) Image search: [Google]
love is over.jpg
134KB, 833x632px
>>173979334
>"We don't have enough manpower or budget to create that type of content," Taro said
>>
>>173979496
>story eventually crosses with Jackass and her crusade against Resistance government
>>
>>173978954
>you'll never wash A2 and then go shopping with her to buy her something that would cover all her skinless spots so she can look nice and cute, not scary
why live?
>>
I just beat the game

So if I am right this is a Matrix setup where the whatever that was in the tower set up YorHa to fight the machines and repeat ad finem?
>>
>>173979159
>No Emil War DLC
>No DLC where Emil goes back in time and stops the babies from Drakenguard 1 so that Nier never happens so that nobody has to suffer
>>
>>173979087
>He was a prostitute
Haha what? Really?
>>
>>173979638
No. Not at all. You're completely wrong.
>>
>>173978552
Wtf with her face she looks worse than me when I dont sleep for 48 hours.
>>
>>173979856
Why? I assume that is the case since I find this data in the tower.
>>
>>173979969
You found all that data because the Machine Network managed to hack into the moon server not because it was pulling the strings all the time.
>>
>>173979924
This is the face of not sleeping since detonating blackbox, because she claimed androids don't need sleep and just pretended to sleep so 9S doesn't worry about her, and being heavily exhausted by the time she defeats Eve.
>>
>>173980124
I see.

Yorha androids are similar to machines but non Yorha andriods are not right? Here is where I am confused.

It is said the Yorha project is made to keep android morale up since the extinction of human but when the aliens invaded, all humans have already been extinct. When the game says human extinction, does it mean the human race? Or the failure of the gestalt Project
>>
File: 1490476524941.jpg (158KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
1490476524941.jpg
158KB, 1000x941px
>>173980360
Someone please give her a coffee, an energy drink or whatever shit its the equivalent for androids
>>
>>173980489
>Yorha androids are similar to machines but non Yorha andriods are not right?
I think the larger point is that they (Androids, YoRHa androids, Machines and whatever Machines are evolving into) are so similar that it's silly and pointless to try to draw distinctions. Whenever you sit down and try to determine what makes them different you end up finding out they all share a lot in common.

I think we're meant to see the arbitrary divisions between artificial life as stupid as artificial life would see the arbitrary divisions we real humans draw between ourselves.

It's really subtle and I love how they pulled it off.
>>
>>173979565
When he said that, the "that type of content" he was talking about were DLCs on the scale of the Witcher 3, which obviously won't be happening. DLC is definitely coming for Automata, it's almost confirmed by the promotional images for Monday's Automata livestream being screenshots of the apologetic machines. However, I'd expect the DLC to be at worst combat arenas, and at best some sort of sidequest dungeon, not any significant addition to the game or any new story content.
>>
>>173980628
Dat comfy Pod.
>>
>>173980854
But they made it very clear that machines will always be flawed evolution. They can only imitate the humans and since they don't have a full picture they can only be flawed imitation. They are not evolving. They are just imitating humans.
>>
>>173979924
Three years of murdering your friend might do that to you.
>>
>>173981129
They're still evolving. The fact that they can't perfectly imitate humans doesn't mean they aren't evolving. Adam and Eve are definitely a huge evolution compared to some of the less intelligent stubbies you meet. The fact that they'll never truly become like humans doesn't mean it isn't evolution m8
>>
>>173981002
>dlc is added
>it's a 20 hour long visual novel
you don't need much time or manpower to transcribe taro's writings into in-game vn format, and he can write that stuff by himself while on a toilet, so he doesn't need to pay anyone.
>>
>>173981129
Evolution by its nature is flawed. The fact that they'll never become perfect imitations of humans is sort of the point (driving home that humans are really gone for good), but also irrelevant. The point isn't how close the machines are or aren't to humans, the point is how close they are to the Androids, which is very. Even the non-yorha androids.

The non-yorha androids developed the yorha with machine black boxes, because they didn't considered the machines to be truly intelligent or alive, and therefore yorha wouldn't be either. But clearly they are. Because machines are, too.
>>
>>173981189
Without the machine network can they still evolve? I assume the machine network was destroyed by A2 at the end right?
>>
>>173980628
>coffee
That made me wonder, how the androids process chemicals? Devola can get drunk so do androids react to chemicals that humans react to?
Emulating effects it'd have on humans makes no sense so it looks like they have digestion, blood and neural systems being 1:1 copy of human ones, but made with synthetic materials and replaceable. That also explains the other resistance guy eating despite not having to eat just so he can feel like humans.
Fascinating.
>>
>>173981361
See, now you're talking about the end of the game. I don't know if they can still evolve. I don't know if any of them are still alive or if all their consciousnesses were built up on the ark. If you're asking questions about how things are going to go after Ending E, don't bother: there aren't really many answers for your to find. The story is over. 9S and A2 and 2B may have more stories in the future, but those stories are for them, not for you.

>>173981290
It would be better for Automata's story to end where it is now than to be continued in purely VN form. I know you want more but that's the point, you're supposed to. But you have to let them go so they can live their own lives, without your direction, without you seeing.
>>
>>173981481
doesn't need to be a continuation, it could very well be a sidestory happening concurently to the main game, backstory of some characters, rediscovered info from time after gestalt project burned down, emil's recollection of alien invasion, past machine wars or even the legion wars.
>>
>>173981189
Only their form evolve, that's why Adam and Eve appeared, but their characters are still just effects of learning from humans. Notice how Pascal and Adam are the most mentally advanced, it's just because they craved knowledge more than other machines. Most machines only learn from the network and other machines, those two guys went one step further and that made them appear more human-like.
>>
>>173981481
If the purpose of the Yorha project was to set up a situation where the humans were still alive and then wipe everyone out why was the unit 9S created when it was known that 9S units could uncover the truth?

I also assume that the backdoor that allowed the machine network into Yorha was due to what happened at the end of ending A/B where 9S hacked Eve for too long right? Also why did the network want to gloat 9S and 2A to the top of the tower?
>>
>>173981129
N2's entire conversation with you should have indicated otherwise. Many of the "mistakes" the machines were making were intentional.

When you have a network of countless machines to toy with you can conduct any number of experiments meant to minxmax your results.

The Machines were evolving the entire time. I'm pretty sure the giant cannon was built with the intention of destroying the moon server, but N2, influenced by the evolutionary data she was collecting, changed her mind and decided to use the cannon to create something instead of destroy something.
>>
2B has a cute baby face!
>>
>>173981841
>Notice how Jean-Paul is the most mentally advanced
Fixd that for you, you ignoramus.
>>
>>173979229
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Not even a frogposter but this was my legitimate feel when I saw that
>>
>>173981841
>only their form evolve
But that's not true. Their intelligence evolves as well. Even Eve is clearly significantly more intelligent than the bots at the amusement park, and not just because Adam is forcing him to read books. It's not just that he knows more, he's less single-minded as well.

>>173981878
The 9S unit was allowed to continue being used despite how dangerous it was because they needed it. Look how smart and powerful 9S is: yes, he's able to find out things that the Android Illuminati or whatever don't want him finding out, but he's also able to get to the bottom of mysteries like the tower, he's able to take on a squadron of fucking flight units on the ground using hacking; they need him to stay relevant. The machines are naturally evolving, creating more powerful units like Adam and Eve, all the androids can do is perfect new unit lines. They need units like 9S to stay current in the war as the machines keep evolving. Remember, the androids don't know that N2 is trying to keep the war going forever. As far as they know the machines are trying to win, so they need to create more and more powerful units to stay current, even if that means having to deal with units like 9S who are a liability.

Also, 9S being able to find shit out never caused any problems for years and years, he was easy enough to contain and wipe. The only reason he got away with his discovery this time is the timing, right before a logic virus attack on the bunker.

>>173981878
The bunker backdoor was always there, placed there by the androids who created the yorha project. It was there so that eventually, they could allow the bunker to be attacked and destroy the project, if it became a liability, or just when they were ready to move onto a different project. Nobody expected the machine network to become advanced enough to hack into the moon server itself and find out about the backdoor on its own terms.
>>
>>173982154
funny because I mentioned him as well and only right before sending decided to not include him
>>
>>173982564
My headcanon is N2 sent Jean-Paul into the desert to die alone because fuck him.
>>
File: C9OGvA3UMAAaUU5.jpg (49KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
C9OGvA3UMAAaUU5.jpg
49KB, 500x708px
What do you guys think he did to the poor S-model?
>>
>>173981878
>9S units
there's only one 9S. there are other scanner units, but whether they were as efficient/smart/dangerous as 9S is unknown.
>>
>>173981841
What about the wise machines, though? And there are other examples, too. To say that "only their forms evolve" is not only incorrect but completely missing the point of machine evolution. If you really think the mental difference between Adam and the small stubbies is just that Adam read more books, you're delusional
>>
>>173982547
>he's less single-minded as well
then why did he go from being as advanced as Adam to
>FUCKING DROIDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
as soon as there was no one left to keep him busy
>>
>>173982853
Judging by the fact none of other S you meet in the game have weapons, they are a good deal less dangerous than 9S.
>>
>>173982547
I had the impression it was the other way round. 9S interfacing with the machine network for too long lead to it discovering the backdoor which then gave it access to the moon server. Also what is the origin of the logic virus? Or it another "evolution" process by the Network?
>>
>>173981365
That is why I think they have genitals, why would you make an android that similar to humans that even can get drunk and dont give they genitals?
>>
>>173982747
Probably hugged him all over and used his mouth to kiss any booboos the little S-model got running around those ruins and I'll bet you he made it sit down for family dinners every night while they swapped stories about what they each did that day.
>>
>>173983008
For the exact same reason 9S went to FUCKING DROIDS REEEEEEEEE

his favorite person died

Adam died, Eve goes crazy and decides to destroy everybody. 2B dies, 9S goes crazy and decides to destroy everbody, even to the point of wanting to destroy the moon server himself.
>>
File: 1479332208477.png (578KB, 554x523px) Image search: [Google]
1479332208477.png
578KB, 554x523px
>>173982747
That creepy music is there for a reason dude.
>21O probably wanted to do the same with 9S
>>
>>173983054
>I had the impression it was the other way round. 9S interfacing with the machine network for too long lead to it discovering the backdoor which then gave it access to the moon server.

You know what, you're probably right! But either way the upshot is that the machines found out about the backdoor sooner than they were supposed to. I don't know what the origin of the logic virus is, but presumably it's something the network developed some time ago, as it's used in the stage play as well. I think it only affects yorha units and machines as they're made from the same base cores; we never see a non-yorha android get infected with the virus.
>>
>>173983153
I think they don't have genitals, remember how A2 is naked? There's also that Jackass line about how their battle frenzy is similar to human sex, which is a weird way to to phrase it if yorha can have sex too.

that doesn't mean they can't fug though, they probably do like a mind interface thing or just beat the shit out of eachother. I think if they had sex we wouldn't be wondering about it; other taro games don't shy away from the topic of sex; if they could fuck in a traditional sense it probably would've come up or at least been mentioned at some point
>>
Can someone post the photo of Taro broken emil mask?
>>
File: 20170318022119_1.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170318022119_1.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
>>173983483
>attle frenzy is similar to human sex
?
>>
>>173983313
Last question. How was A2 able to destroy the tower?
>>
>>173983627
Never had a good ol' fuckfight?

Girl broke my ribs once. Super hot.
>>
>>173983682
I think 9S was linked to the tower.
>>
>>173982976
They're no different from Jean-Paul, factory cult or forest kingdom. They learned about something edgy from the network and believed in it. They probably discovered some message board for edgy suicidal teenagers.
>>
>>173983682
A2 didn't destroy the tower, it was destroyed when the Ark was launched. She sort of destroyed N2, but N2 mainly ripped itself apart. It made me think of that quest for the mother robot when she talks about how the concept of disagreement is new to them. Similarly, the concept of self-doubt was new to N2. When N2 couldn't decide what to do (re: killing the androids) that doubt became an argument between itself, and it ripped itself apart. But if you're talking about the physical destruction of the tower, I think that was a side-effect of the Ark firing off (as that was the tower's only direct function anyway), not because of anything A2 did.

>>173983627
I guess I got love and sex confused. again. thanks for the correction anon

christ now I gotta call my shrink.
>>
>>173983794
The network had 4chan?
>>
>>173983884
I went back to rewatch Ending C cause I doubted my own memory but the Ark didn't launch in Ending C given that the only difference Ending C and D is 9s's fate I am more inclined to think >>173983768
is the reason.
>>
>>173983794
But they were all on the network anon. Even the bots in pascal's village who thought they were off the network still were.

Some of the machines are more intelligent than the others. Think of all the machines who just fight you and say nothing. Think of the machines who ran around babbling random shit like "have a nice day." You can't possibly think that they're as intelligent as Adam and they just don't -know- as many things because they haven't read as many books. Intelligence and knowledge aren't the same.

You're not the same anon who was arguing that the machines aren't actually evolving even though the game directly states that they are many times, are you? Because if so I don't want to waste time contending with that level of retardation.
>>
>>173983483
A2 is early yorha model so maybe she was made just for killing and shit. And she also uses a fuel filter, Pascal for some reason doesn't mass produce those for resistance and during the whole story produced only two, one for A2 and one for Anemone. It seems most androids don't need fuel filters. Otherwise pod would tell 2B and 9S to fix theirs a thousand times through the whole game.
>>
>>173984187
>Even the bots in pascal's village who thought they were off the network still were.

Not true. There is no evidence of this being the case.
>>
>>173984562
I thought N2 said something to that effect. Fine then, maybe I'm wrong. Everything else I say in that post except for the first 2 sentences still stand, especially the last part. If you're the dummy trying to argue that the machines don't evolve despite the fact that they.... do, i've got nothing that'll convince you otherwise if the numerous times the game states they're evolving didn't.
>>
File: 1491248331267.png (2MB, 2160x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1491248331267.png
2MB, 2160x1216px
>>173983794
>>173982976

Trying to draw lines between the Machines/Androids/Yorha as whether they are 'human' or not misses the entire point of the game.

So much suffering happens simply due to assumptions made - and misunderstandings that are placed by one group on the other. It's largely a social commentary on how humans divide themselves up as well.

I thought as some others did too earlier - that machines can only ever IMITATE HUMANS (As 9S discovers how they rinse/repeat governments) and that true emotion for them was impossible.

--SPOILERS AHEAD--

And then - then. You find out that Yorha's Black-Boxes are made from the SAME CORES as Machines, they share the same structure of consciousness. Would you say that 2B/9S/A2 are emotionless? That they are inhuman?

All Machines had to go off was the history of Humanity. Yorha Androids (Built by the Human-made Androids) were essentially raised/taught to believe they were made in humanities image. It's why 21O is obsessed with Family, and 6O is obsessed with nature/beauty.

Thats the real kicker at the end that haunted me for a while. Machines could always learn to become 'human' because Yorha was already well on its way there. Experiencing emotion/loss (Adam and Eve experience this too).

The coldest part of this that drives the message home is that the original Androids DECIDED to make Yorha using Machine-Cores because it would be """"Inhumane"""" to use real Android AI.
>>
>>173984670
I am not arguing with you. I just wanted to point out that portion which you mentioned wasn't true. Not the anon you are talking to desu
>>
>>173977883
You folks have probably been getting this a lot here recently but here it is anyway.

I played Nier and Nier Automata. Enjoyed both games but I liked the first one a bit more. Probably because I felt really protective of Yonah playing as Papa Nier which created a better experience when I was playing.

Anyway I was wondering if someone who liked the Nier games is more likely to enjoy the Drakengard games. I've been looking for something to play so why not that.
>>
>>173984409
All yorha models were just made for killing and shit, to a certain degree. Remember? They were made out of machine cores so they wouldn't truly be alive or conscious (obviously they are, but this is the logic used by yorha's creators) as traditional AI in them would be "inhumane."

Dont' get me wrong, I think they probably fuck, but it's probably more of a brain interface thing than physical sexual intercourse.
>>
>>173984702
Exactly. The androids thought "well obviously we're intelligent, we're really alive and feel real emotion. If we made the YoRHa like us it would be inhumane. But the machines are just automatons going through motions, they aren't really alive, their emotions are false. So we'll make YoRHa like them."

And then obviously they end up being wrong on both counts. What matters, like you said, isn't "how human" the androids, yorha, or machines are. What matters is that they're all essentially the same.
>>
>>173984932
One thing I still don't get. The machine network figured all that out at the end but why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?
>>
File: chi_1.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
chi_1.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>173985159
>why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?
Because bullying is fun.
>>
>>173985159
>One thing I still don't get. The machine network figured all that out at the end but why does it still taunt 9s into the tower?
It only changes its mind after it sees 9S/A2 battling their way through the tower (or at least, thats what I gathered).

Reading through the final log you get at the end of the game shows that N2 looked over the androids experiences - as well as their own Machine ones - as well as learning from 9S/A2, before seeing the tragic irony in what had occured.

Hence why they decide to launch the Ark into space - so that somewhere someone might learn from the large mistake that had been made.

Feel free to correct me though.
>>
>>173985159
one of the ways the network evolves is by studying the extremes of emotion in the yorha and other androids, hence why the network was torturing pascal and 9S throughout route C.

If you haven't read the stageplay or A2's backstory summary at the resistance camp terminals, N2 was doing the exact same thing to A2 during the original pear harbor assault mission
>>
File: 1468731889504.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1468731889504.png
317KB, 796x712px
I give up on discussing because it's all just tiring speculations.

I'll just wait for Taro to make a dlc or write a novel that would explain all the quirks of androids and machines. The game was just released after all. Whether he goes for events before the stage play or after Automata, it'll prove that we're all just wasting time trying to guess.

Just enough time to get all the remaining trophies without buying them.
>>
I feel like I'm missing something. I've been fighting this boss underneath the amusement park for like 3 hours. Is this like a gear check or something or do I just suck that bad?
>>
>>173986069
which boss
>>
>>173986114
The first one I would assume.
>>
File: _20170401173422_1.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_20170401173422_1.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>173983054
the backdoor was likely compromised and infiltrated way before that, but left alone for reasons unknown, possibly the shooting in the foot to prevent wiping out the required enemy part.

early in route b we can already see N2 observing the battle vs adam and eve while looking from 9s's perspective. that was before he started interfacing with the network.

n2 was already watching him, which implies she got access to him somehow, possibly by discovering the backdoor and infiltrating the bunker/yorha systems way before the command planned to open it during the final clean up.
>>
>>173985972
>it's all just tiring speculations
welcome to yoko taro m8. Do you really think "all the quirks of androids and machines" will ever be explained? they won't be. don't set yourself up for disappointment. This is a story about A2, 2B, 9S, etc. Not a story about androidkind as a whole, or else the people who you know, actually created yorha would be characters, or at least mentioned outside of intel files. You're most likely not getting any more information on the quirks of androids/machines outside of what you already have.

>>173986069
What level are you? I fought it on hard mode at level 12 and it definitely took a few tries, but 3 hours seem excessive. I didn't really have any notable chips at that point either.
>>
File: 1438047533519.jpg (30KB, 247x438px) Image search: [Google]
1438047533519.jpg
30KB, 247x438px
The game just won't launch anymore and it worked fine the week of release.
I have tried checking the files and un/reinstalling it.
task manager shows the game loading 70mb or so and then stopping.

I don't know what to do.
>>
>>173986520
So does that mean we can assume that YoRHa was under N2's influence since then? Or only when the Red Eye virus shows up?
>>
>>173986978
I really don't miss times when I had problems with steam games not launching. I miss autistic map painting games though.
>>
>>173986978
If you have FAR installed completely remove it, launch the game to see if it runs, and then manually reinstall the latest version of FAR.

have you updated anything, even something simple like your gpu drivers since it was last working?
>>
>>173987058
Logic virus and the backdoor are unrelated. The logic virus infected the Yorha via the backdoor, the only reason why 9s was unaffected was because he was a scanner model strong enough to fight off the infection. Which is why the 4S is alive as well.
>>
>>173987058
i'd guess more of under their watchful eye, not really influence. they watched. they knew their moves. but they didn't do anything about it.

they were learning, evolving, not trying to win or destroy them, so observing the enemy was probably an useful experience for them.

influencing your enemy is directing it towards the goal you want them to go to, and you won't learn much from that if you can already predict everything, while letting them do stuff freely may produce interesting, unexpected results required to move forward. all you have to do is be there to see that.

they should've put them in more than just 3 scenes during that route.
>>
>>173987626
3?
Adam and Eve
The ending scene
And?
>>
>>173987879
bunker, right as 9s is leaving for the final battle. she's standing next to his flight unit.
>>
>>173987957
I must have missed it since I was trying to rush towards the end of the game
>>
>>173987325
I uninstalled far and havent updated my gpu drivers since launch.
>>
>>173988265
It just never launches? no white screen or anything?
and your other games work fine i assume
>>
>>173988265
you might wanna post on the steam forums, i know they're fags but they're all playing on pc and it's much more active than this thread so you're way more likely to get a useful response more quickly there
>>
>>173986562
>they won't be. don't set yourself up for disappointment
So I guess I'll just keep believing in my version untill a miracle happens.

I just came to a conclusion that blackbox makes no difference because after all androids are man-made, even if no humans are involved in production, and all machines are alien-made so no matter how they evolve, there will be an impassable gap between those two. You can adopt an african poor child and make it become a doctor, but it will still be black and remember days of squeezing water out of elephant shit making him feel out of place in the western world, however if you transplant his heart into a redneck drunktard, he would keep being retarded white trash.
Sounds good enough for me, I can't find enough counterarguments to question that myself.
>>
File: C8ohOmIXcAE0fRD.jpg (85KB, 928x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8ohOmIXcAE0fRD.jpg
85KB, 928x800px
>>
>>173988681
I don't know what you mean by "impassable gap." it's clear that they're able to get along with eachother okay in the right circumstances. Also, how can you say a blackbox makes no difference? YoRHa's very intelligence and emotional cores are made out of the same shit as machines.

YoRHa androids are closer to machines than they are to non-yorha androids. And at the end of the day, all 3 are pretty similar. That's the entire fucking point of the game, how they're all the same!. If you think they're all super different then you need tor replay C and pay more attention.
>>
>>173988681
the first yorha wasn't produced until thousands of years after the last human went extinct, so how is it "man-made?" the only man-made androids are the original observer bots, and they intentionally designed yorha units with machine core-based black boxes so that they would be different, as they considered making the yorha too similar to themselves "inhumane."

>>173988681
>transplant his heart
wouldn't brain be the more functional metaphor? all your heart does is keep your body going, it doesn't store any information, it isn't responsible for your emotions or thought processes. The black box is much, much more than a heart
>>
>>173988681
I'm not sure how you're missing something so simple.

Yorha is clearly VASTLY different from the machines (but closer to Adam and Eve). Yet they share the exact same consciousness core.
>>
>I fell for the automata is good meme
Feels bad man. Should have just gotten P5
>>
>>173988681
the entire point of the game is that despite the fact that the machines are made by aliens, the observer bots were made by humans, the other androids were made by other androids; despite the fact that the machines look so different from humans except for adam/eve, despite the fact that the machines and yorha are technically more similar to each other than the non-yorha androids because they're both made of machine cores... at the heart of things, they're essentially the same. That doctor and redneck from your example are essentially the same, too, in the same sense that two yorha could be very different based on their personalities or experiences, but at their roots they're the same type of being with the same type of consciousness.
>>
>>173989961
sorry you didn't like it. bye!
>>
>>173989961
>too poor to afford both NieR and Persona 5
>too stupid to appreciate how good NieR is
I almost feel bad for you.
>>
>>173990123
I'm amazed at how many people just play it like God of War and then bitch about how shallow the combat is.
>>
File: 1485818445845.png (468KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1485818445845.png
468KB, 900x1500px
I wanna field strip 9S!
>>
>>173989413
I don't want to fuck around coming up with more racist stories to explain my point.
My point is that origin and the way they function matters as well. Androids are man-made and invidual from the beginning to the end, machines are out of this world and tied by network and even with network gone that fact will stay with them as long as they keep memory of if. Yorha is not the same as network because androids are made with free will, machines need to develop it, if they can develop it at all, maybe it's just playing humans taken to the final level, making it appear like they're free while theyre just increbidly complex in their machine ways.
>>
I'm still watching Pat's old Automata streams.

He can't figure out where Lord of the Valley side quest is and I'm screaming at my TV.

Sometimes I think that I could totally stream games, then I realize how much I like being stupid in private.
>>
>>173987957
note that this is right after the part where 9S detects weird noise in the YoRHa sync server and after it leads him to discover the truth behind humanity. when he accesses the server himself, a new port shows up out of nowhere. it was n2's doing. that part is the absolute latest they accessed the backdoor and learned of the true purpose of YoRHa, and it's most likely them who steered 9S into finding out the truth about humanity.
>>
Who has clearance level ss?
>>
>>173990590
>androids are man made
Stop saying this
Only some of them arenand the yorha aren't at all. They're all capable of the same basic type of intelligence, if you disagree with that then how can you argue the YoRHa are more like the androids than the machines, when yorha have the same type of intelligence/ai as the machines and a totally different kind to the other androids.

It might just be playing humans taken to the final level, but at that level, the difference is impossible to detect. At the end of the day, they're the same, even if they were really different when things began, even if their origins were different.

I mean, feel free to have your own headcanon that they're all super different and incompatible, but at least recognize that it's headcanon. The game clearly makes the point that they're all similar enough in the ways that truly matter.
>>
>>173991346
>Who has clearance level ss?
Observer Androids, AKA 'Command', AKA The unknown leaders of the man-made androids (even above Devola/Popola).

Which is odd because from Nier Gestalt/Replicant all we know is that only Devola/Popola models were made to watch over the project. This means there were likely more.
>>
>>173991480
That's not true: nier 1 never states that dev/po were the only types of observers, and automata outright states that there were other models
>>
>>173977883
What is the difference between Adam and Eve and N2?

When we kill Adam half of the network goes down. But N2 seemed to always be there. I'm just really confused on the whole thing
>>
>>173990797
I'm thinking about trying to stream automata myself because I haven't seen anyone do that in my country. They didn't even make any review for youtube, just wrote short reviews on some websites that are like
>it's clearly 9.9/10 but who cares, it's not dark souls or nioh
>>
>>173991578
N2 is an avatar of the network itself. Adam & Eve are network administrators; essentially they're just machines on the network like the Stubbies are, they're just the most advanced machines yet.
>>
>>173991575
>That's not true: nier 1 never states that dev/po were the only types of observers, and automata outright states that there were other models
Probably just me mis-remembering then. But yes Automata does dictate that there were more models. Likely some higher-ups created to oversee the entire world-wide Gestalt project.

>>173991578
That link is never really explained - simply that Adam/Eve are inherent 'evolutionary' responses from the machines to the androids (when 2B and 9S go into the desert complex and they lose their minds).

Due to this they likely had a very very large network presence. So when Adam dies a lot of shit occurs. But N2 still exists.
>>
>>173983741
>Girl broke my ribs once
>>
>>173991346
Illuminati
>>
>>173990797
Oh wow he just started crying at the part where the female android has 9S reformat her boyfriend into a combat model.
>>
>>173991876
Well bruised I guess. I was wheezing and had dull pains for a few weeks afterward.

Leglock game was stronk.
>>
>>173992137
That sounds fun, but buddy, I've broken my ribs before; if they'd been broken, you would've known.

Nobody's leglock game is THAT stronk
>>
File: C9YDHgpUMAA9yzU.jpg (108KB, 467x2046px) Image search: [Google]
C9YDHgpUMAA9yzU.jpg
108KB, 467x2046px
2B would rather take hugs than ask for them
>>
If androids can feel pain, does that mean they can feel pleasure and discomfort from touch too? Can you tickle an android?
>>
File: 1468717865011.jpg (645KB, 1043x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1468717865011.jpg
645KB, 1043x1122px
>>173993080
Probably. If they have the capacity for love, and the sense of touch, they can associate touch with emotions. For tickling, I am not so sure. Might be seen as a tactical disadvantage.
>>
File: 1482608322719.gif (498KB, 155x254px) Image search: [Google]
1482608322719.gif
498KB, 155x254px
>>173992745
CUTE!
>>
>>173992328
>Nobody's leglock game is THAT stronk
Don't make me find that video of the Brazilian chick crushing a watermelon with her thighs.
>>
>>173993313
>tactical disadvantage
Now I'm laughing thinking of someone using it against this hardass YorHa unit
>>
Will they ever patch the game or have they given up trying to fix the bugs?
>>
File: 1464547594596.jpg (605KB, 906x2462px) Image search: [Google]
1464547594596.jpg
605KB, 906x2462px
>>173993727
You laugh, but these CQC situations are very lethal!
>>
>>173979625
>implying A2 isn't cute precisely because of those skinless spots
>>
If you could self-insert yourself as a YoRHa android, what kind of android would you be?
What would your appearance be like?
What weapon would you use?
What would you do in-universe?
>>
>>173993843
Scars are not cute on girls and it's the same for androids
>>
File: C8vsvQfXYAAx0X_.jpg (60KB, 1131x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8vsvQfXYAAx0X_.jpg
60KB, 1131x800px
I would go any distance to protect this soft gaze.
>>
>>173994014
Operator.
My life already looks like operator's. I'm also aiming for a remote job irl, that'll make me 100% operator.
>>
>>173994145
If you can't love someone for how they are because of their life circumstances you don't deserve them to begin with
>>
>>173993313
>Might be seen as a tactical disadvantage
They might know that but it could very well be an unavoidable bug due to optimal nerve distribution.

The human body is full of mechanical defects.
>>
>>173994145
>Scars are not cute on girls
>>
>>173994014
Scanner Model, probably a prototype discarded scanner model.
A bit like A2, but male and more worn. Bits of synthetic flesh would be missing all over the body. One arm would be completely devoid of synthetic flesh, leaving only the slightly rusted metal frame behind. Wears some combat armor with a thick cloth surcoat.
I don't figure I would use any, but if I had to I would probably concoct some sort of laser rifle so I can engage from afar, a I am not a combat oriented model.
Roving engineer and archaeologist. Likes to tinker with the newer YoRHa models, giving them different parts or disabling certain programs for rouge androids like him. He also likes collecting all the info he can on humans, and keeps a big backpack of whatever books or documents survived.
>>
What's the name of the song after 4s' unit quest?
>>
>>173986978
Reboot?
>>
>>173977883
Guys can you help me to understand why doesnt Canyon Machine show up I'm lvl 45 already and nothing?

>>173994014
What are the class list for YoRHa?
Does gender matter?
>>
>>173995307
might depend on the chapter you're on
I think it disappears after Grun fight
>>
>>173995307
You have the A (attacker) type, but it was discontinued. You'd be an older android.
G (gunner) type, same as above.
B (battle) type, the fusion of the last two.
O (operator) type, which oversees all other YoRHa units.
S (scanner) types, which are mostly for hacking, investigating, the like.
H (healing) type, responsible for medical treatments of other androids.

I think that covers it.

And gender is only superficial for androids, as far as we know.
>>
>>173995849
There is a D defense type as well as E for executioners. I believe there is also some kind of replacement for G types, but I don't remember.
>>
>>173995849
C D E
>>
>>173995849
C for Commander
D for Defender
E for Executer
>>
>>173996164
Commander is not a Yorha. C is for the combat types.
>>
>>173996164
No, C is for Canceller.
>>
>>173996413
>>173996336
Ah right, correction.
>>
>>173996017
>>173996037
>>173996164
Wasn't E just B's true purpose?
>>
>>173996592
Nah, that's just exclusive to 2B to deal with Nines
>>
>>173996336
She is a YorhA android however (machine core). Its why the plan to destroy the Bunker was kept from her (SS-level clearance)

She has no designation though
>>
>>173996592
There's a whole series of E and there's a whole series of B.
>>
>>173996592
No, 2B was specifically attached to track the 9S model. There are regular B model.
>>
>>173996656
No, she was around when the Yorha prototypes were rolled out with normal fusion cores, she's a true android that doesn't know the full story.
>>
>>173996656
No, she was chosen from vanilla resistance models to become the Commander. She was still kept in the dark re: the backdoor
>>
>>173996867
>>173996836
Ah yea forgot she used to be with Anemone and such. Rip.
>>
>>173995849
What is an Attacker exactly?
>>
File: S21.jpg (97KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
S21.jpg
97KB, 600x842px
>>173994014
>What kind of android would you be?
Female Scanner.
>What would your appearance be like?
I would want to look like S21.
>What weapon would you use?
Angel's Folly combat bracers and hacking of course.
>What would you do in-universe?
Hack shit and my partner/lover would be a male or female 2B.
>>
>>173997153
Attacker is an exclusive melee class, gunner is an exclusive ranged class. Hence why they were blended together into the B class, which can preform both.
>>
Anyone else turned on by how 2B descends ladders?
>>
File: 1475761509115.jpg (55KB, 733x946px) Image search: [Google]
1475761509115.jpg
55KB, 733x946px
>>173997603
I'm turned on by how she opens chests
>>
The game transitions from asking what it means to be human to asking if being human is a good thing at the end.

The people who work the hardest to become more human all suffer the most because of it. Everyone who tries to adhere themselves to someone else's philosophy suffers because of it.

2B seemed to recognize that being shackled to someone else's system and philosophy is what caused her so much grief. That all of the rules she lived with and had to maintain were what made her life so unbearable, but she was stuck and had no recourse.

9S surrendered to nihilism when times got dark and he suffered tremendously for it. Like Eve, he decided that the loss of what was most important to him was reason enough to believe that there was no meaning to existence. His discoveries, however intentional they were on the part of N2 or not, only served to confirm his bias.

It was A2, who had long lost her purpose and then chose to find and make one for herself, who was at peace of those three. She was free from the burden of another's philosophy, as she was no longer aligned with the YorHa and had no comrades left to influence her. By ultimately choosing not to live for humanity, or any nation, creed, or ideology other than what she made for herself, A2 became free.

It's important to note that being free from someone else's ideology doesn't necessarily mean you reject their ideology, as A2 was more than willing to fight for Pascal and his beliefs, but she was doing it because she valued his friendship and the people that mattered to him, not because she adhered to his way of thinking.

But choosing to fight for others, not because you believe the things that they do, but because they matter to you, is what made A2 learn to make peace with her existence, and ultimately her end.

At that point, it was no longer about how human she could be, or how being human is important, it was about deciding for herself what she chose as important to herself.

That was the message.
>>
File: 1482747112693.png (1MB, 2035x2308px) Image search: [Google]
1482747112693.png
1MB, 2035x2308px
>>173997790
Yeah but can I fuck 2B
>>
>>173997714
>crushednut.jpg
>>
Out of all underwear types, why did they choose trunks for 9S?

What if various scanner models vary also in underwear type and colour?
>>
File: 1477874618816.jpg (438KB, 1043x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1477874618816.jpg
438KB, 1043x1520px
>>173998062
>implying they don't dress themselves
2B is like a walking dress code violation, but no one wants do deal with her angst
>>
>99% unit data

I cannot do this any longer, I am too weak
>>
>>173998349
download more RAM
>>
>>173997790
>That was the message.
The game has a plethora of messages regarding what it is/means to be human.

You might be extrapolating 2B's suffering a bit much with her predicament (being assigned as an undercover Executer unit) than to her philosophy.

In the end they all fought for their own reasons - reasons tied to their emotions and what they wanted in life (basic humanity). Though 2B in particular is a bit damned.

9S turned to nihilism -because- of his suffering, he didn't suffer -due- to it.

I get your overall message (headcanons always differ) though I disagree with the message asking if being human is a 'good' thing. I figured it was more focused on what being human 'is' and what it truly means to live (collection of memories, experiences, emotions). Would you accept immortality if your memory was wiped each time you died?

Just idle thoughts
>>
File: dicking.png (31KB, 1085x609px) Image search: [Google]
dicking.png
31KB, 1085x609px
This game is mind fuck heaven
>>
>>173998796
It is, now leave this thread before you get spoiled.
>>
File: 20170318173515_1.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170318173515_1.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
This was taken the day the game came out.

How the fuck did people manage to be this shit at a pretty easy fight?
>>
>>173996964
Anemone however WAS YoRHa.
>>
>>173999096
i dont know was playing at nomal level peeple playing on insane?
>>
>>173999096
They might increase or decrease the amount of deathpoints visible in any given area. Increasing it at this specific point would make sense.
>>
WHY THE FUCK THERE HAS TO BE SO MUCH HACKING IN SOUL BOX FUCK THIS SHIT

Hacking is the only thing I hate about this game
>>
>>173999198
Reread the Pearl Harbor diary entries. It mentions Anemone's distrust when first encountering A2's squad with absolutely no idea Yorha was a thing until her Commander told her.
>>
>>173999096
Instead of complaining use it to get a 100 bodies trophy like I did
>>
File: tfwnoandroidgf.png (280KB, 382x672px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnoandroidgf.png
280KB, 382x672px
>>173997338
>appearance pic related, she looks modest and simple
>short swords or bare hands Attacker type
>would do mostly solo missions instead of big teams. There should be a lot of times I would have S types bothering a lot but the missions wouldn't need much of a science anyway
>>
File: 1492197390015.jpg (51KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492197390015.jpg
51KB, 300x400px
It says I have endings A B C D E G, am I missing F? Game also crashed when took the rocket, is this normal? Just spoil me.
>>
>>173998596
I probably put too much emphasis on that last line, but I ran out of text space to continue and I'm a very lazy person.

I don't necessarily mean to suggest that the game's sole focus was that message, nor were they suggesting that the answer to the question I posited was "Being human is bad." What I mean is that the game seems to clearly suggest that adhering yourself to someone else's philosophy ultimately leads to suffering, in no small part because you're adopting the ideals of someone whose experiences and perceptions are not identical to your own.

One of the driving themes of the game is to ask what it means to be human and whether the pursuit of humanity is a worthy goal, I think that towards the end, particularly from A2's point of view, the game suggests that rather than pursue such ideals or imagine that humanity is a lofty pursuit to place on such a pedestal, you should decide for yourself what it is you value.

At the end of the game you kill Confucius and Zhuangzi, and while I simplify their philosophies significantly here, the former preached personal accountability and adherence to existing laws, while the latter was about the pursuit of personal goals in relative vacuum by non resistance.

Yoko Taro himself has said that one of the themes of the game is struggling, I believe this to mean that while he accounts for both of those philosophies, he similarly rejects parts of them.
>>
>>174000160
Dude the game has 26 endings in total, 5 main endings A - E, the rest are joke endings

http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Endings+Guide
>>
File: 1489767152959.png (102KB, 653x609px) Image search: [Google]
1489767152959.png
102KB, 653x609px
>>174000429
just fuck my shit up

considering the game completed... 10/10
>>
>>174000736
But Anon

You'll need another save file rearing to go when the DLC drops.
>>
>>173977883
Is anyone else having super choppy audio?
Right off the bat from the main screen.
>>
>>174000252
Now that's more concise - and I largely agree. How can you blindly follow anothers beliefs without sharing their experiences to an extent.

It almost ironically throws the question of humanity on its head - and ask if it matters. Shown when A2 finally comes to peace at the end - stating how beautiful the world really is - and the inherent desire to experience it in her own way free of the beliefs of others essentially.

Though thats me going on a bit of a tangent. I largely agree with your view - have yet to do more research on each of the philosophers behind the Bosses' names (only know of a few common ones such as Engels etc).
>>
>>173999550
Really? I didn't get a change to read em.

My knowledge of them was from the stage play, where I thought they were part of some previous descent (Not A2's) and managed to survive the next 200 years.
>>
File: cucked by pod.jpg (363KB, 831x795px) Image search: [Google]
cucked by pod.jpg
363KB, 831x795px
Do androids feel jealousy?
>>
>>173988864
Why do I think this is sexy as fuck?
>>
File: 1492190102484.jpg (106KB, 891x829px) Image search: [Google]
1492190102484.jpg
106KB, 891x829px
>>174003963
Yeah. 2B was jealous as fuck when she thought 9S was hitting on that E type YoRHa.
>>
>that pod talk after fighting 21O
Now that's weird
>>
>>173992745
I keked hard to this! Cute :P
>>
File: tsuntsun.png (1MB, 658x2480px) Image search: [Google]
tsuntsun.png
1MB, 658x2480px
God tier taste: tsundere 9S
>>
File: C9S3ePsUMAAO3A-.jpg (35KB, 792x571px) Image search: [Google]
C9S3ePsUMAAO3A-.jpg
35KB, 792x571px
>>174004580
Cute. Thanks for the translation!
>>
File: 1467744454850.jpg (627KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1467744454850.jpg
627KB, 1536x2048px
Post 2Beautiful for human eyes
>>
File: 1473895567199.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1473895567199.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>174005408
>>
>>174002743
Well, do give them a read. A2's squad was meant as a field test before mass production, essentially making her squad the first Yorha units.
>>
>>173992745
Cute! Who made it?
>>
File: 62387278_p0.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
62387278_p0.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>
It's over
I did everything.

And my save has gone to a better place.

I've never felt more satisfied

What a fucking game.
>>
File: 20170415012609_1.jpg (994KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170415012609_1.jpg
994KB, 3840x2160px
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>174007873
>sword in her right boob
>when he was clearly stabbing into her heart
>>
>>174008327
She meant you're a pervert.
>>
>entering tower as A2
>Emil out of nowhere singing and driving around while Devola dies
cool
>>
>>174008327
Pod's dick went up after she petted him
She never saw a pod's dick before
>>
File: 1474123598284.gif (996KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474123598284.gif
996KB, 500x281px
>>174008350
Eh, Japan. It's a pretty picture though.
>>
>>174008327
she's talking about her FAT ASS
>>
>>174008497
I hope it was the sped up version of the song.
>>
>>174008497
he was probably doing donuts on her corpse after you went inside
>>
File: 20170415014140_1.jpg (931KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170415014140_1.jpg
931KB, 3840x2160px
How to train your Pod 042
>>
How old is A2?
>>
>>174010042
4 or 5 years old.
>>
File: 1469406248338.jpg (73KB, 609x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1469406248338.jpg
73KB, 609x1017px
>>174009692
don't bully
>>
File: 1491778202270.jpg (89KB, 901x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491778202270.jpg
89KB, 901x632px
>>174010102
Other way around, Pod is the one who bullies A2, she just wants to be left alone.

They're still cute together
>>
>Isn't that right, Kainé?
>>
File: 79ce1fa68c9de47e7c9949832438fbbb.png (858KB, 1192x983px) Image search: [Google]
79ce1fa68c9de47e7c9949832438fbbb.png
858KB, 1192x983px
>>174010353
;_;
>>
File: 61832164_p4.jpg (50KB, 586x588px) Image search: [Google]
61832164_p4.jpg
50KB, 586x588px
>>174010327
The perfect family!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>174005408
>mole
>>
File: 20170415015928_1.jpg (413KB, 1833x2054px) Image search: [Google]
20170415015928_1.jpg
413KB, 1833x2054px
>Hegel is the worst! He keeps flying!

Bitch please, grow balls
>>
File: 1460416413926.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1460416413926.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>174005408
Isn't this the girl who posted this picture and said she hated her body? Then all her white knights started telling her how hot she is?
>>
>>174011497
I think it's that patreon-only erotic cosplayer chick. Italian, was she?
>>
>>174011408
She actually did it, the absolut madman!
>>
File: 62393365_p0.png (279KB, 1034x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62393365_p0.png
279KB, 1034x1200px
>>174011408
why is she so crazy
>>
File: +0 Fuck Was Given That Day.jpg (107KB, 683x561px) Image search: [Google]
+0 Fuck Was Given That Day.jpg
107KB, 683x561px
>>174011408
>>
>2B has a spare pair of heels in her room
>People still insist the heels must be built in
>>
File: z4w3loqys9ry.png (2MB, 723x2088px) Image search: [Google]
z4w3loqys9ry.png
2MB, 723x2088px
>>174012990
People saying this are retarded.
>9S: Uwaah! I’ve got sand in my shoes again! Doesn’t it bother you?
>2B: What does?
>9S: Your shoes must be full of sand, aren’t they?
>2B: I can tell somethings inside them, but it hardly impedes my ability to move, so…
>9S: Don’t you hate how the sand sloshes around in your shoes like that!? Even if you can still walk fine, doesn’t it feel horrible?
>2B: Emotions are forbidden.
>9S: Aaaaaaaaaalright.
>>
File: 1453733625429.gif (2MB, 360x265px) Image search: [Google]
1453733625429.gif
2MB, 360x265px
>>174013334
I love 9S. He's so cute. I don't know how 2B can handle being around him.
>>
>>174013515
She can't.
>As 9S dashes off, a smile nearly forms on 2B’s face, but she suppresses it by quickly following after him.

>2B: Emotions are forbidden……

>She only meant to say this to herself, inside her mind, but she actually spoke them aloud. 9S heard her say something and turned around to face her.

>9S: Did you say something!?

>2B says it was nothing and they both continue their way toward the entrance of the temple.
>>
>>174012990
Who the fuck is saying this? Even normally playing the beginning of Route C where she puts on the heavy armour should make it clear those boots are actual boots and not her legs.
>>
File: 1491884911925.png (1MB, 700x1594px) Image search: [Google]
1491884911925.png
1MB, 700x1594px
>>174013334
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
I know this question has been asked thousands of time before, so I apologize for asking it; but what do I need to know about the first nier and drakenguard before playing automata?
>>
Does the VA of 9S streams on twitch?
>>
>>174013821
all the humans have been dead for thousands of years.....at least they have been "dead" in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>174013821
Generally, you'd be fine without knowing anything, you'll just miss out on some references and some good emotional moments (that probably won't be as emotional if you don't know them first hand, anyway.) However, from Drakengard you need pretty much nothing, Nier 1 it would be most important to know about Devola & Popola and Emil, since those are returning characters.

There are some lore summaries for the prior games on YouTube as well, if you just want to check out those.
>>
>>174013334
>you will never clean the sand from 2B's feet
>>
Ending C was disappointing. It's basically A2 realising that being on a period is cool but there's more things in life like saving the world from machines and Nines.
Boring.

If D and E disappoint me as well I'll rip game's case apart and cut Yoko Taro with it, and I have a fucking steelbook so it's a serious threat
>>
File: 1490176018581.jpg (521KB, 2048x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1490176018581.jpg
521KB, 2048x1384px
>>174013515
>all that potential for post-E healing
Gently forcing kuudere to come out of her emotional shell and seeing her gradually opening up is always adorable but in case of 2B it would probably melt hearts.
>>
>>174014615
If D and E disappoint you, fold up the game case a few times and jam it up your asshole.
>>
>>174014615
c is the shittiest one and it's literally called meaningless
you better be fucking ready for d into e anon
you better be fucking ready
>>
>>174011408
kek
>>
>>174014743
Wow. Rude.
>>
>>174014859
Yeah, that was the idea.
>>
>The people who voiced 2B and 9S did a full playthrough of Automata

Well I guess I know what I'm watching for the next day or two..
>>
>>174015041

>The person who voiced 2B is in full cosplay

[WISTFUL SIGHING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>174015041
i would be pretty interested to watch japanese VA doing the same and voicing all unvoiced lines in the game
>>
>>174015041
where?
>>
File: pronounciation.png (621KB, 706x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pronounciation.png
621KB, 706x2048px
>>174013515
sometimes she can't
>>
>>174015041
I started watching that to get some insider info, but they apparently know fuck all since the translation was done fairly independently from the actual developers, and the voice actors wouldn't even know a lot about the translation work itself to begin with. Didn't continue because I found the guy's commentary to be a bit annoying.

If there are any scoops in there, remember to post them.
>>
>>174015583
twitch /kylemccarley
>>
>>174015583

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWSCuiMb4a8iB-n8U2ObSw

Tubie comes in at the beginning of playthrough B, playthrough A is just Nines alone.

I dunno if they get A2 at any point but that'd be really neat if they did.
>>
File: 1489699086558.png (314KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
1489699086558.png
314KB, 540x764px
How many operators does Commander molests on a daily basis?
>>
>>174015718
>>174015758
Nifty
>>
>>174012990
>>174013672
i think the idea comes from a2's model whose heels look like they're a part of her feet, connecting to a part that fell off.
>>
>>174015759
White is for Jackass only!
>>
>>174015983
And 6O, at least.
>>
File: Reaction1.jpg (66KB, 699x234px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction1.jpg
66KB, 699x234px
>>174015758
>>
2B's actress is actually having fun, oh wow
Got used to VAs faking it, guess this is the charm of being young in a industry full of old people
>>
>>174015718
>>174015758
>english
Meh.
>>
>>174015758
Cherami is super busy all the time apparently so they never did get her on
>>
>THE ENGLISH VA FOR 2B HAS THE JOESTAR BIRTHMARK TATTOOED ON HER SHOULDERBLADE

The VA is as perfect as the character.

Just fucking kill me senpai.
>>
>>174015758
>spear 9S with Type-4O spear
ah, a man of fine taste
>>
nines va is a big dork i love it
>>
File: pranks.png (450KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pranks.png
450KB, 800x600px
>>173969302
ITT: Mischief
>>
>>174015718
>this fucking guy
I can't decide if he's a spineless cuck IRL or has massive balls for inviting other women to flirt with him in front of his wife live on the internet. Either way, he disgusts me.
>>
>>174015758
It was heartbreaking to listen when 9S's VA dubbed Ending D.
>>
>>174017025
He's just having some good ole fun
>>
>>174017169
>heartbreaking
You mean "cringeworthy"
>>
>>174017169
He somehow missed this cutscene.
>>
>>174015759
I want to be her little bitch
>>
>>174017025
Why would he be a cuck for flirting with other women?
>>
>>174017267
Probably because he did Ending C first and when he finished Ending D it went straight to Ending E.
>>
>>174016994
naughty boy.
>>
>>174017373
Because he whines like a bitch and thinks his shitty voice acting career is worth his wife fawning over him. You can clearly see her looking annoyed at him on the couch when he talks about the game too much.
>>
>"Wise" Machines
>They kill themselves
welp
>>
>>174017430

Yeah, that's what happened to me.

Then I wiped my save and I forgot to get ending D.
>>
>>174017584
They really know their fanbase
>>
>>174017496
Seems like they're happy and he's doing well for himself.

Good for him.
>>
>>174017267
Doesn't this scene not happen if you choose to go with them?
>>
>>174017702

Nah, it doesn't happen if you choose to go with them.

If you go with them 9S leaves 2B for Adam and they make sweet love together.
>>
>>174017702
Yeah, this cutscene doesn't appear when you go with the ark.
>>
>>174017496
are you perharps his wife?
>>
How many endings are in the demo?
>>
>Kira doesn't know you can aim your hackerman during hacking segments
>>
File: 1492219080827.jpg (299KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492219080827.jpg
299KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>174017969

Oh yeah, shit, I forgot I have Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I might have to play it soon.
>>
>>174017969
Get those harlots away from my wife
>>
>>174018121
https://youtu.be/ANcqMStDyJk?t=39s
>>
File: 1491641888894.jpg (266KB, 2464x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1491641888894.jpg
266KB, 2464x2080px
>>174007909
>>
File: tumblr_ohf5k8KnwX1u4qgeao1_1280.jpg (337KB, 1097x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohf5k8KnwX1u4qgeao1_1280.jpg
337KB, 1097x1920px
>>174018751
>>
Why the fuck is the doorway at the top of the super tall ladder blocked by shitty fucking cargo containers?

WHAT IS UP THERE?!
>>
>>174019243

If this is in the city, it's Adam and Eve's dinner table. If you complete ending E, you can pick up Adam's Glasses there.

If it's in the factory, It's probably something to do with the 「BECOME AS
GODS」segment.
>>
>>174014743
>>174014831
I feel ambivalent about D and E.
It doesn't make sense to my why C ends suggesting everyone died while nothing happens to pods so theoretically it can still proceed to E ending.
It's a bit disappointing that you can't both destroy the tower and let all three characters survive. The game only rewards "fuck machines" gameplay by shitty trophies and bad endings or neutral one like C.

Also, does getting hit really delete other people's saves or after choosing to sacrifice a save it instantly disappears and it's just fucking around with giving you hope once you choose to sacrifice?
>>
>>174019461

If you chose to sacrifice a save, it gets deleted.

But, if someone has that save, and they get hit, it gets deleted from the server and it can't help people anymore I think?

I dunno, it's ambiguous.
>>
>>174019461
>>174019590
No once your name is on the "Give Help" list, your name is on there. I have no doubt it also keeps count of how many times you choose to sacrifice your save.
>>
File: 1487279117707.jpg (44KB, 544x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487279117707.jpg
44KB, 544x403px
>>174019461
The reason the pods survived is because they had to survive. The destruction of YoRha was planned from day one and the pods where the way that whomever is running the show saved the data.

If things had gone to plan then ending D would have been the final ending but because of what the pods did it didn't go to plan.

I also assumed that when they report all the black boxes have gone dark it is a cover.

From the stuff in the game it seems like it was a situation where both sides where both doing exactly what the other wanted at the same time. Jackass puts it best in her sum up.

Also aside from the choice between 9S and 2A nothing you do matters to the endings. This isn't the kind of game where you only get the "bad" ending if you are a cunt. Taro don't do that kind of shit, you are on his wild ride and it ain't ever stopping.
>>
>>174017430
Nope. I did D into E and got this scene.
>>
>>174018751
>>174019018
From where did this meme originate
>>
File: happy day.png (65KB, 598x192px) Image search: [Google]
happy day.png
65KB, 598x192px
>>174020770
Jay pee, obviously.
>>
>>174020298
Oh, I forgot A2 saves 9S and the final scene with the sword may mean that he disappeared long time after the tower collapsing.

HOWEVER untill the very end there are yorha soldiers in the desert and 4S in the castle.
That really bugs me.
>>
>>174019390
wait Adam and Eve were there the entire time? lol
>>
>>174021318
Have you even done ending E?
>>
>>174021456
Yup and "playing"
>>
>>174017794
He doesn't go with them. It just distracts him from thinking about 2B. At least that's how I get this part.
>>
>>174021569
Yes, but it was after D.
If I do D first, then E can happen after C?
>>
>>174021935
>>174022097
Or maybe I'm just too tired to understand the ending. I may have to redo it later with English voices.
>>
>>174016994
it's just a prank, bro.
>>
>>174022097
it doesn't matter which order you do them in, which ever of the C or D ending you do second will just roll straight into ending E.

I did ending C first so I don't know what the final ending looks like if you do D first. Although it doesn't matter. The order they are listed in means that D + E are the proper combination.
>>
Why does 2B look so cute wearing the pink ribbon?
>>
>>174023450
>Not giving her the Lunar Tear
>>
File: IMG_1204.jpg (1MB, 3748x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1204.jpg
1MB, 3748x708px
>>173978552
Becuase he's crazy enough as it is.
>>
The special guest for the livestream has all but been confirmed to be Naoki Yoshida to announce the Nier:Automata × FINAL FANTASY XIV crossover with Yoko Taro! A special event will take place in FINAL FANTASY XIV during the month of May, and players will be able to complete quests and earn rewards that will give items from Nier:Automata. This includes Virtuous Contract, 2B's signature katana, as an early glamour piece for the upcoming Samurai Job releasing in the Stormblood expansion. FINAL FANTASY XIV players will also be able to earn 2B's, 9S and A2's outfits for glamour purposes, along with other Nier:Automata weapons for various Jobs. It is unknown how long the event is planned to last, but FINAL FANTASY XIV players will be able to go to the Square Enix cafe starting on April 22nd and receive a free item code for a Pod 043 minion*.

* The Pod 043 code can only be redeemed on a Japanese Square Enix account for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Ownership of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is required for code redemption. Only one code may be used per account.
>>
>>174023917
I don't know what she looks like wearing the Lunar Tear, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>Aliens got cucked by their shit going all singularity on them
Wew lad. You'd think they'd have known about somethng like that and stopped it from happening
>>
>>174025326
I still maintain that they are the Metal Slug aliens.
>>
File: 62397786_p8.jpg (941KB, 1476x822px) Image search: [Google]
62397786_p8.jpg
941KB, 1476x822px
>>
>>174025810
What does that mean? I know Metal Slug, of course, but it's not exactly a franchise where I'm invested in the lore.
>>
>>174025948
>What does that mean?
Still unclear at this time. All we know is that they were using the Rebel Army to cause trouble at one point, but their motives are still shrouded in mystery.
>>
>>174025948
it doesn't mean anything, it is just a shout out to the games.
>>
>>174025151
Does this mean there is FF stuff behind the apologetic machines?
>>
>>173998349
Have you cleared all the endings? A2 and 9S logs from those endings are part of that. >>173996867
>>
File: Metal tears.jpg (100KB, 474x484px) Image search: [Google]
Metal tears.jpg
100KB, 474x484px
>took week long break after beating E
>expect game to open on familiar landscape
>forgot that you earn special title screen for making the sacrifice
>mfw it all comes flooding back
>>
>>174025326
Well they were compared to plants. That's making them sound rather simple in complex thought
>>
>>174025326
Humans split an atom to see what would happen and blew up a lab. I think we underestimate how easy a best laid plan can go to shit.
>>
>>174015718
Man, it's fun listening to Noctis's VA do voices.
>>
>>174027592
He also knows a fair bit of the game
Impressive
>>
Finally got 100% everything.
Guess I'll sleep and tomorrow I'll delete my save. Maybe I should wait for sunday, since it's easter.
>>
File: plant.jpg (2MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
plant.jpg
2MB, 1920x3240px
>>174027403
The machine cores get compared to plant cells too, and we know those are also what the YoRHa use.
>>
why putting a normal ai would be inhumane?
ain't yorha suppose to be fodder units?
>>
>>174029220
Yes, but the androids were working under the assumption that machines are stupid idiots without sentience, that's why they used machine cores instead of standard AI, thinking they'd turn out to be simpletons.
>>
File: yorha unit: 9s.jpg (466KB, 715x1037px) Image search: [Google]
yorha unit: 9s.jpg
466KB, 715x1037px
Do you think nines would have been in to video games or other forms of pop culture?
made pic related myself, should I make more?
>>
>>174029362
Gotta wonder what the high ups were thinking after the shit beppy pulled, or if the androids even have someone driving the bus.
>>
File: novella-prometheus.jpg (56KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
novella-prometheus.jpg
56KB, 339x500px
>>174029789
If you are talking about Beepy from the first game that happened before the Aliens turned up. It was a AI made by humans.
>>
>>174029959
Wasn't beepy the one who gave the machine lifeforms sentience and sapience when flew to space? or i'm remembering wrong?
>>
>>174030041
wtf are you talking about?

There is at least a couple of thousand years of time between the events of the first game and the second game. The Robots in the second game where built by aliens.
>>
>>174030189
Guess i was wrong after all
Gomen.
>>
>>174030041
I don't think so. When he wakes up the machine wars are going on already, even YoRHa seems to be a thing if we consider the description of their clothing:

>As we observe them, we witness a beam cut across the earth in a precise incision. Explosions bubble up across our field of vision. The moving objects seem to be divided into two opposing forces. We engage in more detailed surveillance.

>One side is made up of robots, ranging in size from a few feet to several dozen. They have peculiar shapes, such that we find nothing like them in our memory banks when we attempt to analyze their likenesses. If made to describe them, we’d say they resembled catfish mixed with grasshoppers, with an orange thrown in. Clearly they were designed by some alien civilization.

>The other side is comprised of human-sized soldiers, most of them on foot. Their designs are reassuringly familiar… in other words, identifiable as products of the same civilization that created us. The soldiers fight with heavy-looking artillery. We briefly think they might be humans, but taking a closer look, we eliminate that possibility. They are wearing extremely skimpy clothing that leave them practically naked; no human could fight in such an exposed state in this intense a snowstorm. Judging by the amount of organic parts they are made up of, we surmise that they are androids.

The impression I got from the story is that he gains sentience before the aliens even show up and then there's that little "coma" he goes into and when he wakes up again, he notices what I quoted above.

>>174030189
He's talking about the Prometheus' Flame novel where Beepy wakes up after Nier 1, gets into whacky adventures and witnesses parts of the Machine Wars.
>>
>>174029438
Pretty neat anon.
>>
>>174030509
The "council of humanity" sent combat androids to earth before YoRHa started. Anemone is one of those combat androids.
>>
File: volcano.jpg (1MB, 3840x3240px) Image search: [Google]
volcano.jpg
1MB, 3840x3240px
>>174030865
Yes, but we don't see Anemone walk around in skimpy clothing, neither in the game nor in the play. That's why I said it could be YoRHa if we take that into account. I didn't say it was definitive, just that the clothing made me think of YoRHa.

>>174030362
You do raise the interesting question of when machines gathered sentience, and I don't think there is anything explicit about that in the game, but I always took the "Spirit of Fire" picture book, which mentions a volcano erupting to give the machines consciousness and emotions (pic related), to be a reference to A2 and her squad blowing up the server on Mt. Ka'ala, which is a volcano that housed a server somehow important to the machines. 9S commenting on the non-hostile machines just staring into the sky being a fairly recent development and Adam & Eve literally spawning in front of our eyes makes me think the whole sentience thing didn't happen that long ago, like A2's mission.

It's nothing concrete, just spitballing with the facts we have, but that's all we can do when nothing is made explicit.
>>
File: 524220_20170404032022_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
524220_20170404032022_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>174030865
Also the faked Council of Humanity was established as a part of Project YoRHa.
>>
>>174031231
It would make sense given the fact the alien bodies are quite "fresh"
>>
>>173983240
I think she just wanted to be a mother, honestly.

However, I can see how since she is android, and they don't mess with these types of emotions normally, she may be confused in what the roll of a mother is, and fuck him.
>>
>>174031357
Right. I forgot about that.
Although technically I'm not wrong because the android illuminati basically is the council of humanity.
>>
>>174027952
No you should
Back it up tonight
delete it tonight
restore back up Sunday
>>
File: 524220_20170404021934_1.png (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
524220_20170404021934_1.png
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>174031792
They are, yeah. You aren't even far off from what actually happened, since Anemone's background does say she was part of a descent force and we know that, besides the Bunker, there are other space stations in orbit operated by whatever the regular android government is. It's straight-up just the clothing that made me think of YoRHa, because even in the play Anemone's forces look rather ragged and the YoRHa troops are the fancy-looking ones in skimpy clothing. Of course, it could be that whatever descent forces Anemone was a part of had similar uniforms that they later replaced when they were stranded on Earth, but that's also mere speculation.
>>
>>174031231
YoRHa is a relatively new thing for the androids, previously they where just a sort of loose militia style deal. The reason it was created was because they had begun to loose hope because the humans had died.

The thing to remember is that the timeline is super long. Since the androids can't die of natural causes. So it is perfectly possible for Anemone to have been around before YoRHa was formed. Hell you can assume most of the none YoRHa androids have been around since the events of Nier. Since they all seem to know about what happened in that game
>>
>>174032192
>it could be that whatever descent forces Anemone was a part of had similar uniforms that they later replaced when they were stranded on Earth, but that's also mere speculation.

That was my thought but who knows.
Fashion changes over time.
>>
>>174031231
>but I always took the "Spirit of Fire" picture book, which mentions a volcano erupting to give the machines consciousness and emotions (pic related), to be a reference to A2 and her squad blowing up the server on Mt. Ka'ala
What? Spirit of Fire is just talking about Beepy's story, "The Flame of Prometheus".

Quotes from it:
>From the top of the structure known as the Junk Heap, a streak of light streams towards the sky. Immediately after, the top half of the mountain blows off in a grand display.
>From the center of the opened hole, like the grotesque mouth of a volcano, rises a massive metal sphere 165 feet in diameter. It is us, created by the merging of many robot weapons and machine devices.

Then later after being attacked by the machines:
>Unconsciously, we begin to scream. While screaming, we continue to think. Why are these automatons participating in such a terrifying war? It is because they do not know fear. There can be no other reason. Fear is an awareness that brings self-awareness. They are able to fight because they are not alive.
>Let us grant it to them, then… The meaning of life.

https://medium.com/@khodazat/nier-novella-the-flame-of-prometheus-bdb8738933cf
>>
>>174032470
I forgot about the parts after he first witnesses the battle I quoted, but how is this "just talking about Beepy's story"? It seems to make it fairly clear he was somehow involved in the Machine Wars, against my judgement earlier.
>>
File: 1490139558915.jpg (82KB, 720x846px) Image search: [Google]
1490139558915.jpg
82KB, 720x846px
>>174030752
I lowered his attack since even though *lore wise* he's absolutely livid when toobs dies, but game balance wise... Level 4s really shouldn't have that much attack.
Nines definitely seems nerdy enough to play children's card games.
Lord knows the boy could use some distractions.
>>
File: machines talk.jpg (218KB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
machines talk.jpg
218KB, 1921x1080px
>>174032854
The machines were probably mostly or all mindless killing machines before Beepy affected some of them. We don't really know much about the early machine wars. The aliens created the machines as weapons only given a single order to defeat the enemy. The picture book stories all all relevant to what you just did in the game before you see them. The Spirit of Fire is shown after encountering machines that can talk for the first time, which 9S mentions is a recent thing. They say things like "scary" and one runs away seemingly in fear, 9S wonder if they even understand the concept of being scared. Beepy's influence probably spread through the machine network at some point.
>>
File: C3GaNAVVMAA7HdU_jpglarge.jpg (57KB, 626x678px) Image search: [Google]
C3GaNAVVMAA7HdU_jpglarge.jpg
57KB, 626x678px
>>
>>174031231
>>174032470
>>174032854
As for when The Fire of Prometheus happened, the timeline from DOD3 Complete Guide says the story takes place in 5645, which is 633 years after the aliens invaded. YoRHa are first deployed in the 14th Machine War in 11941. Androids in general have existed since at least 2032.
>>
>>174034280
To split hairs there change was what N2 did to them. They are all still on the network and might be still following a program thus their still "mindless".
>>
When are we gonna get Vaati lore videos with plagiarized theories for Automata? There aren't enough good Automata lore videos on Youtube.
>>
>>174036553
mah boy redgrave the madman will be doing some nier vids iirc.
besides that there's that fuccboi with a lady voice, valkyrie something.
>>
Agter the colossus attack in the city some enemies are like lvl 35 but I'm still lvl 16. Am Injust under leveled?
>>
I'd there anywhere that still has the OST in stock? Everywhere I look has a month long waiting list or refuses to ship to the US.
>>
File: 256.jpg (955KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
256.jpg
955KB, 1920x2160px
>>174034280
You're right in that what Beepy does obviously wouldn't affect all machines at once; I fall into that trap easily since we just see such a small area of the world whereas the rest of the world could have vastly different machines knocking about. But I also thought Beepy coming up from the Junk Heap and the desert zone in Automata very clearly being where Facade ended up made it safe to conclude The Flame of Prometheus takes place somewhat close to the location of Automata.

>>174035536
I was checking the timeline to see something else and you're right, it does list The Fire of Prometheus happening then. I don't remember a date in the novel, but the timeline counts, so we can rule out him seeing YoRHa units. That does in turn imply that having sexy as fuck androids isn't just a YoRHa thing, which is neat.

However, what I went to check was info on what happened around 256 years ago from when the game takes place. I remembered that the little cutscene you get during Route B states The Forest Kingdom was founded 256 years ago, and we do know it was one of N2's little planned evolutionary failures, so from that we can gleam that N2 has been active for at least as long and that they had somewhat smart talking (even just as puppets) machines for over two centuries. But there's nothing in the timeline that relates to it, I'm afraid. Closest would be the Eighth Descent Forces Anemone was a part of 200 years ago.

>>174036967
No, that's fine. You can just avoid those, but the level difference actually isn't too hard to overcome either. After that attack the game just spawns in a lot of stronger enemies.
>>
File: 1491824521441.png (55KB, 454x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491824521441.png
55KB, 454x800px
I want to dress 9S like a girl and bully him.
>>
>>174039435
I want to dress 9S like a girl and protect him from bullies.
>>
>>174039561
I want to bully you!
>>
>>174039435
>>174039561
I want to see 2B killing you two
>>
I want to wrestle 9S in front of a live audience.
>>
>>174039704
I want to kill 9S.
>>
>>174039857
Wat
>>
>>174040167
I want you to kill yourself
>>
File: C9IRSN2UIAACRy-.jpg (130KB, 1091x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9IRSN2UIAACRy-.jpg
130KB, 1091x1200px
https://twitter.com/nonalactone/status/851762292056248320
>>
>>174039704
I want 2B to strangle me.
>>
I just want 9S to know that even though I disagree with his latter game actions, I understand how he got to that point and still believe that he is a very sweet, excellent boy.
>>
>>174040274
Aww cute!! His collar looks awesome on her
>>
>>174040269

I want to get 9S into a figure four leglock and make him tap out in the middle of the ring while the rest of YoRHa cheer for him to break the hold, making me the YoRHa Champion of Earth.

I'll cut a promo on how I'm the ultimate destroyer and my strength is undeniable, and then Emil would come out and hit me in the back with a steel chair, setting up a match between Emil and me on the moon.
>>
>>174040813
He needs so much love after what happened to him :( poor guy, I want to hug him and tell him that everything will be okay cause now he can be happy with 2B
>>
>>174041032
Sir you need some sleep.
>>
>>173983313
During the Pearl Harbor invident there were ordinary androids with the 4 YoRHa units, one of them because infected but was saved by the YoRHa scanner.

The commander of the bunker was not YoRHa. She was the only one at the bunker who wasn't.
>>
This popped up online not too long ago - https://mcxv.com/nier-automata-is-gamings-greatest-work-of-art/
>>
File: 1489854465329.png (383KB, 654x651px) Image search: [Google]
1489854465329.png
383KB, 654x651px
Wow! New!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwUXUzII4xw
>>
>>174041032
I want to watch this.
>>
>>174042314
Too bad it's not in XX!
>>
>>174041910
I don't understand how people that can obviously write well can be so shit at basic reading comprehension.
It almost feels like the guy didn't actually play the game and just loosely read up on it since he figured it'd make a popular piece, there is so many things in there that are just straight up contrary to what the game tells you over and over again, I'm not quite sure how anyone can think the Androids are the ones keeping the machines alive and not the other way around, he somehow thinks Pascal's Children were murdered and didn't commit suicide, etc. There is so much wrong shit in there
>>
>>173977883
Hi, i'm new here,. looking for a discord to talk about the combat aspect with people
>>
>>174043463
Didn't the village get invaded by zombie machines and the villagers, including children, get killed? I think that's what they were trying to say there.

There's lore somewhere that says the androids would stop functioning if they didn't keep the robots around somewhere, right?
>>
>>174043463
>he somehow thinks Pascal's Children were murdered and didn't commit suicide
well, when you think about it, pascal did have the opportunity
>>
>>174043698

We don't have no discords here, boy.
>>
>>174043851
Then where do I go to talk abut gameplay? Most people on chan are more busy talking about muh lore
>>
>>174043880

You have to embrace your individuality, Anon. Just because other people are discussing lore doesn't mean you can't talk about combat. You're your own person.
>>
>>174042314
I want to puke.
>>
>>174043463
You could probably easily infer that both the androids have been keeping the machines alive, and, that the machines have been keeping the androids alive from these:
http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Machine+Research+Report
http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/[Top+Secret]+YoRHa+Disposal
http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/[Top+Secret]+Project+YoRHa
>>
>>174043880
here's your combat.
light
light hold
heavy
heavy hold
heavy hold charge2
pod
pod hold
pod burst fire
light + heavy = combo
jump + heavy = knock up
jump + pod = launch
jump hold + heavy = spinny kick
evade
evade + light/heavy/pod = counter
evade hold = sprint
evade hold + light/heavy = dash attack

Very in depth combat, very hard to master, let's go back to waifus and lore.
>>
>>174043463
>Androids are the ones keeping the machines alive and not the other way around

Aren't you missing the point yourself? It's the same both ways.
Androids cant defeat machines because the secret about human extinction will be revealed and they lose their purpose.
Machines can't defeat androids because they'll lose the most basic purpose in their hard coded existence.
>>
>>174043880
use a2's beserker mode whenever possible
>>
>>174042454

It would eventually end in me powerbombing Emil through the Human server, wiping out the last remaining vestiges of humanity before pinning him for the 1-2-3 and retaining my YoRHa Champion Of Earth Title.

Then Adam and Eve would pop up and double-team me in front of everyone.
>>
>>174044449
Do you know which move AB3 uses for his speedruns? I couldn't find it in the movelists, and he does incredible damage with it. It looks similar to evade+slash. Looks like it's even worth baking off before every attack just to be able to spam this.

Here is an example:
https://youtu.be/wPrXHo1gW4c?t=1812
>>
>>174044557
Not the guy you're quoting, and I agree with the comparison you're making and would say it's valid, but it's also easy to assume the author simply misunderstood the Machine Research Report because the only mention this dynamic of keeping your enemy around to have something to fight for gets is asserting the androids are doing it, not the machines as it is explicitly stated in the game.

Again, no problems with the comparison you're making, I can just also see how you'd infer the author having misunderstood it.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (26KB, 247x304px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
26KB, 247x304px
>YOU CAN HACK THE STATUE IN THE FAIRGROUND
>>
>>174045110
This sounds even better than Jerma rumble.
>>
File: 232HS1U-1.jpg (77KB, 690x302px) Image search: [Google]
232HS1U-1.jpg
77KB, 690x302px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-oD8MeElg

If anyone is interested.
>>
>>174045469
it's the first slash off the evade slash, then he anicancel out of it right after.
>>
>>174046189
Pretty neat. Not particularly deep, but I enjoyed watching it.

When does her 2B footjob video finally leak somewhere?
>>
>that twirl 2B does after heavy sword hold finish

Cute as fuck m8s, could watch all day
>>
File: C9Sp6ZaUMAAwAOs.jpg (394KB, 1300x1800px) Image search: [Google]
C9Sp6ZaUMAAwAOs.jpg
394KB, 1300x1800px
>>
>>174044449
try not to troll for a second.

did you know A2 can do 2b's hold light attack?
>>
>>174047497
Not possible.
>>
>>174047497
you mean by releasing heavy charge for spears or large swords before it triggers actual heavy charged attack?
>>
File: C9UVuNuU0AAj-Yl.jpg (88KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
C9UVuNuU0AAj-Yl.jpg
88KB, 595x842px
>>
File: C9UV1P2VwAEU3qQ.jpg (95KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
C9UV1P2VwAEU3qQ.jpg
95KB, 595x842px
>>174048130
>>
What game to play after Automata?

I have a free week and no backlog when it comes to PS4 games.
I feel like some cliche fantasy or bad storytelling may kill the fun for me now.
>>
>>174049648
yakuza maybe
>>
>>174049648
It's really hard to recommend something after Automata.
If you want games with a great OST and melancholic atmosphere, try Bastion and Transistor.
Play in Bloodborne as well if you didn't, it has a few extremely powerful moments which came out of nowhere and surprised me.
>>
>>174049648
Persona 5 just came out. It's pretty dark compared to how light hearted the recent games were and has a whole bunch of societal and philosophical issues you can think about while playing.
>>
2B Model release, obviously not really worksafe: https://smutba.se/project/57/
>>
File: kioko ma pierwszy okres.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
kioko ma pierwszy okres.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>>174050114
>Bones to control her anus and vagina
>>
>>174049804
Yeah, I considered it, but it'll take a while to grab a copy of it for a reasonable place. All nearby stores sell it for absurd price.

>>174049846
I didn't play Bloodborne, but it's mostly because it's not my type of games. But I guess I have to give it a try sooner or later.

>>174050086
That's what I thought about but it's sold out everywhere.
>>
>>174050471
BB is a fun gothic fantasy romp, piledriver and cannon arm for life.
>>
I didn't realize you could aim the hacking game and flight suit with the the right stick until halfway through ending C. fuck.
>>
>>174050863
what

That sounds painful.
>>
>>174050901
a-at least I had it for ending E
>>
Would it be completely out of the ballpark for machines and androids to share a common interest and work together to restore humanity post Automata?

I feel like after knowing the truth, most androids would try to break into the moon server and figure out how to create replicants again. And a small subset of the machine population would be interested in seeing the original progenitors of emotions, thought, and culture that they've emulated for countless years. Of course, there would probably be machines that view humanity as violent and dangerous and either isolate themselves or fanatically try to stop/eradicate them. There could even androids who feel no obligation to revive and serve their creators, and would rather stake out their existence alone or in smaller communities (2B, 9S, and A2 come to mind)

The ending of Automata makes me intensely curious about what happens next, compared to Nier 1's "human's slowly become extinct"
>>
>>174051592
I feel like it'd be the most natural way to get the story rolling further into the future.
Jackass' in her report appears to be more like
>fuck you for telling lies now we have to fix that
than
>oh no everything is lost now I have to kill all resistance to make explosives out of their body parts so I can kill myself with a bang
>>
>>174051592
>restore humanity

Humans are extinct, even if they somehow managed to produce replicants from whats left of the human genome data on the moon server there are no original human souls left to inhabit said replicants.
>>
File: C9IRSN2UIAACRy-.jpg (183KB, 1500x1650px) Image search: [Google]
C9IRSN2UIAACRy-.jpg
183KB, 1500x1650px
>>174040274
>>
File: C9VX2QEUIAAuENi.jpg (95KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C9VX2QEUIAAuENi.jpg
95KB, 900x1000px
>>
So I finished ending A and now starting with 9S and the story looks sort of a copy paste is it normal?

Even after ending C is it worth keep playing for new stuff besides sidequests?
>>
File: 20170415092001_1.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170415092001_1.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
Am I supposed to do anything with this?
I can't talk to it and I can't hack it
>>
>>174052978
>he felt for the eagle meme
>>
>>174052807
B is largely similar to A but does expand on the stories of bosses and so on so keep an eye on that
C is entirely different thing and it is really worth it to go through it
>>
File: C9OZ1VUU0AAh5pb.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
C9OZ1VUU0AAh5pb.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>174052807
Finish the game, anon. It gets crazy.
>>
>>174053127
>>174053126
I mean after C does it Expand™ even more?
>>
File: 1280x720-iZP.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-iZP.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>174047565
>>174047567
No I mean with small swords, combat bracers, or "unarmed" on light attack
>>
File: C9dDRtOUAAAZ96V.jpg (81KB, 705x657px) Image search: [Google]
C9dDRtOUAAAZ96V.jpg
81KB, 705x657px
2B needs a better visor. It covers her ears.
>>
>>174053336
So both see and hear no evil?
>>
>>174053230
after C you get chapter select so you get to finish all side quests you haven't done so far
but you can just go straight to last available chapter, do D in like 5 minutes, then E kicks in, it's a great experience but also pretty short, around 15-25 minutes
so to sum it all up, game has 3 routes: A, B, C/D
E is too short and too different to be considered a proper route
>>
>>174053563
E is wish fulfillment.
>>
>>174053336
>9S has a choker symbolizing that he's a slave on a leash
>2B has a visor that also covers her ear to hear no evil
>>
>>173999456
Did you know you can lock onto targets in the hacking minigames?

>>174000160
>Game also crashed when took the rocket, is this normal?
Doubt it. Didn't happen to me.
Game crashed on me when Adam introduced Copied City.
This game sure does crash at the oddest moments.

>>174013821
Watch Clemps' youtube vids on Drakengard and Nier. Those are nicely done.
>>
File: C8ZUvzXVYAA6EQD.jpg (144KB, 1199x751px) Image search: [Google]
C8ZUvzXVYAA6EQD.jpg
144KB, 1199x751px
>>174053650
>9S has a choker symbolizing that he's a slave on a leash
His choker is qt.
>>
>>174053650
2b loves him but will never act upon it. meanwhile operator loves 9s but is too shy to open up. 9s only sees 2b who will screw him over many times, but it's okay because she loves him.
>>
>>174050863
Wish I'd known that sooner; especially about the mech. At least I know for my next playthrough!

>>174052978
Seems you missed out on the sidequest.
>>
Is there a way to pet your pod with 360 controller on pc?

I want to pet my pod
>>
File: 62397786_p3.jpg (206KB, 609x956px) Image search: [Google]
62397786_p3.jpg
206KB, 609x956px
>>174053937
>2b loves him but will never act upon it.
She probably has in the beginning of their partnership.
>>
>>174054117
For PC version, you need to wiggle the mouse.
>>
File: eunit.jpg (16KB, 405x396px) Image search: [Google]
eunit.jpg
16KB, 405x396px
She's cute.
>>
File: 62369502_p0_master1200.jpg (363KB, 903x1024px) Image search: [Google]
62369502_p0_master1200.jpg
363KB, 903x1024px
>>174053937
2B tries to stop herself from acting but her maintenance scene already shows that she just can't help it.
And judging by Cruel Blood Oath she got very close to him before which only caused both of them extreme pain.
>>
>>174054335
Well there's a reason 2B was jealous as fuck.
>>
>>174054338
Please. It's in her programming. She was made to keep him on a leash.
>>
File: C9N1gxTVoAAbqh1.jpg (213KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
C9N1gxTVoAAbqh1.jpg
213KB, 900x1600px
>>
>>174054438
Read Memory Cage, stageplay and actually play the game.
>>
>>174054426
I think it was more about being afraid that 9S gets to know too much and she'd have to kill him again
>>
File: 037.jpg (122KB, 963x1500px) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
122KB, 963x1500px
So DLC?
>>
>>174054592
There was no need to lash out on him about gifts if that was the case.
It wasn't an attempt to stop him, it was an actual jealous rambling that came out of nowhere.
>>
File: C7dhkI6U4AAmoup.jpg (42KB, 529x467px) Image search: [Google]
C7dhkI6U4AAmoup.jpg
42KB, 529x467px
>>174054426
2B is cuter, but she shouldn't worry about it. 9S only has eyes for her.
>>
>>174052434
Aren't replicants capable of self-conciousness and identity even without gestalts? If that's the case, I don't think a lack of souls would stop androids and like-minded machines from bringing replicants back into existence.

Come to think of it, the fate of replicants wouldn't be so different from androids and machines. Replicant creation would be restricted to whatever's left of the human data "blueprints" on the moon, and they're made inside test tubes instead of factories. On the surface, the only differences Replicants would have is being biological and short-lived in nature. Surely this wouldn't be lost on the androids and machines who interact with them.

Imagine androids and machines getting to know and emotionally connect with a replicant from birth to death. It would be a figurative blink of an eye for them, a brief period of joy, anger, and sorrow. Friendships, bitter rivalries, deep grudges, exciting discoveries, and love. I feel like an accumulation of these brief experiences would cause a rapid transformation of civilization unlike anything else, especially after thousands of years of endless conflict

I know I'm venturing into headcanon territory, but speculating on what could be the future after Automata makes me really hyped for the sequel's setting (if it even happens)
>>
>>174053126
Until now there are random videos talking about some stories and I can read boss names. I didn't notice any other differences until now. (If I missed them it will make me feel retarded)
>>
>>174054863
have you done the amusement park yet?
>>
File: C5vPvaJVUAA8awk.jpg (142KB, 837x840px) Image search: [Google]
C5vPvaJVUAA8awk.jpg
142KB, 837x840px
>>174054614
We'll find out Monday about DLC. I hope for A2' stage play.

>>174054658
That quest is my favorite. 2B is jelly as fuck and goes on a rant. 9S is like what the fuck are you on about?
>>
File: 1491860681135.png (507KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491860681135.png
507KB, 1200x900px
>>174054671
Well Cruel Blood Oath specifically states that she doesn't know what he feels.
>shit went down in route C just before they could actually talk and reveal their true selves
>>
>>174054614
>Pearl Harbour descent
>Cruel Oath adaptation
>maybe some early 2B mission when she first encounters 9S while not developing her aloof kuudere personality yet and being a bit of a crybaby like early A2
Hopefully.
>>
>>174054897
Just finished it right now.

Made me want to euthanize machines like they had some incurable disease.
>>
>>174052434
And that's a good plot actually, androids figuring out paranormal stuff.

I think it's actually a deep topic, because I think both NieR 1 (which I still haven't played) and Automata prove that gestalts are not exactly souls, after all in Automata androids say they have souls and use Yorha androids like replicants were used in NieR 1, but both turned out to be something more than tools and have something soul-like, that's unplanned, because machines appearing to have souls was a result of N2's fucking around.
>>
>>174055089
>being a bit of a crybaby like early A2
I want that. It would be nice to see her true self and not her depressed/no emotion self.
>>
>>174055431
Early 2B joining forces with 9S for the first time and being inspired by his courageous personality has a potential to be a really good DLC material that will also echo A2's development.
>her first order to backstab him comes right at the end of a mission
>>
File: 1484252096458.jpg (34KB, 245x272px) Image search: [Google]
1484252096458.jpg
34KB, 245x272px
>>174055431
>First decent onto Earth with 9S, but they already knew each other during training simulations
>2B is scared as fuck
>She doesn't really want to fight, so 9S comes in and helps her
>2B' emotional with 9S, but he keeps her calm with his soothing voice
That would be a cute DLC, then it ends in heart break.
>>
File: C9da-f3VoAAxfJ0.jpg (200KB, 832x2047px) Image search: [Google]
C9da-f3VoAAxfJ0.jpg
200KB, 832x2047px
>>
>>174053332
I know.
Not possible.
>>
File: 1491505871381.jpg (62KB, 378x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491505871381.jpg
62KB, 378x438px
>>174055970
>9S goes full "believe in me who believes in you"
Make it happen Taro
>>
>>174054189
What if the first few times she was cold and didn't actually care about him, then his personality eventually grew on her.
>>
>>174056365
She's based on A2 so their character development should be around the same which means she was anything but cold and emotionless.
>>
>>174054996
At least 2B was able to record that message.
>>
File: C9dapGeVYAAUezx.jpg (54KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C9dapGeVYAAUezx.jpg
54KB, 600x1000px
>>174056203
2B does all this stuff on purpose.

>>174056365
>I'll never forget the time we met. I knew ours was a love that would last for eternity.
She was in love with him the first time she met him. She was a crybaby in the beginning, not cold.
>>
File: 1491583981238.jpg (47KB, 365x426px) Image search: [Google]
1491583981238.jpg
47KB, 365x426px
>>174056552
Everything she did post-Bunker was for 9S, not just message.
>that mix of relief and sadness in her voice when she sees him for the last time
>>
>>174056613
I'm glad to hear it.
I didn't like my theory.
>>
>>174054614
It's a battle arena featuring some FFXIV characters and other Final Fantasy-related DLC costumes. I think Zero's and Kaine's costumes are part of the DLC as well.
>>
>>174056613
It's interesting to note that you can still see slight hesitation in her behaviour throughout the game while 9S backs her up and forces her to act. It's pretty apparent by the prologue mission when 2B starts panicking when he gets hurt but he reassures her and asks to continue the mission while helping her even in his broken condition.
>>
>>174056985
Source: your asshole? Or does your dad work at S***t Squarenix?
>>
File: chi_6.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
chi_6.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>174057118
Yeah, 2B is always a mess when he gets hurt. Her true self is still there in small snippets.
>>
Is it possible to access Emil's shop after comleting the clones fight? To repeat the 1st boss fight with him.
>>
>>174057825
no
>>
>>174057215
The special guest that was mentioned in the Apologetic Robot posters was confirmed to be one of the producers for FFXIV. There is also going to be a cross-promotion going on with FFXIV at the same time, where DLC weapons from Automata can be obtained in the MMO.
>>
How does the chapter system work?
I'm trying to go back to complete the 1 or 2 quests I missed and I'm not seeing the start dot and they aren't on my active quests
Emil's memories is the specific one I've been trying for. I got the key to his basement area and kept going with the story and accidentally missed out on finishing it since the game ended.
>>
>>174057986
If they add Automata (or original Nier) outfits and hair styles I will legit resubscribe after years of not playing the game.
>>
>>174058121
one of these is Emil's second fight
to access it you need to do the first fight and upgrade all weapons
as for second check your mail, some quests are only accessible this way
also here's a full list of side quests:http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Side+Quests
compare it to your own and check for those you have missed
>>
>>174058168
2B's main sword and Pod043 will be in the game before the end of this month. Then there's that cross-promotion with the upcoming Monster Hunter. Man, SE is really going to milk this sleeper hit until its tits get all saggy.
>>
>>174057913
Meh, that is a shame. I am missing one achiev that should be for beating the 1st fight that for some reason did not register. Guess I can just unlock it at the vendor.
>>
>>174054518
>reading text and watching cutscenes is what is "playing the game"
>not gameplay
Casual
>>
>>174052767
>that fuccboi 9S
>that mature 2B
Hot.
>>
>>174058247
The wiki doesn't solve my problem.
I'm on the correct chapter for the Quest, I have the elevator key, but there's no dot on the map and I can't go down the elevator. I don't even get the option to open the elevator.
>>
>>174058796
try talking to emil
>>
>>174058946
If you have the key but have changed chapters you may need to start the questline again from when you rob Emil.
>>
>>174058796
1. find Emil, talk to him, he will invite you to his home
2. go to his home, steal his shit, go out
3. talk to him again, he will complain about someone stealing his shit
4. go back to his house again and steal more shit
5. go out, or at least try to
6. remember to save before going in to steal his shit for the second time
>>
>>174058796
>>174059152
also this quest is only available if you have Lunar Tear quest completed
>>
>>174054335
Agreed

Damaged goods are hot.
>>
>>174059264
I think he meant trying to do the lunar tear quest
>>
are the mobs, in the room where you fight adam for the first time, infinitely respawning?
>>
>>174053936
I need one like that
>>
>>174059463
yes
>>
I'm starting on route c in nier 1. Is there anything here that I haven't seen in route a/b or can I skip cutscenes and dialogue? Like it asks me if I wanna see kaine memories, are they any different?
>>
>>174059387
Yeah I got the lunar tears and got the key. I just can't use the elevator
>>
>>174059813
No, the only differences in Route C are inside the Shadowlord's Castle.
You can skip everything leading up to that if you like.
>>
>>174059990
you mean after starting the quest again with chapter select, or you did everything in a previous run and now wish to do the last part?
because the latter option is impossible, trust me I've been there
you need to start the quest over again, the fact that you own the elevator key doesn't matter
>>
>>174060140
Oh that's dumb, guess I'll get started on that
>>
>>174060101
Great, thanks.
>>
File: C8oUnZZXkAIGSZq.jpg (115KB, 676x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8oUnZZXkAIGSZq.jpg
115KB, 676x1200px
Why are they so lewd and cute?
>>
>die maybe 3 times playing Normal
>restart game on Hard
>die 6 times in tutorial
>switch to Normal just to get through tutorial and get to save point
>bump back up to Hard
>get killed 12+ times before I even get to desert
I'm not even sure if I want to be hardcore. 1 punch from a normal biped is enough to 1shot me on most occasions.
>>
>>174060378
i really would rather see them simply giving enemies level scaling on hard than this 1HKO fest
>>
>>174060358
They could be fucking like rabbits and still be cute, I think is their personality and design that makes them cute
>>
>>174060378
Normal
>never die
>If I get hit it's healed back up instantly
>bosses are dead in seconds

Hard
>Die in two hits
>get sloppy
>takes me 40 hours just to get halfway done with first playthrough

The difficulty scaling sucks hard
>>
File: tumblr_oo4c3xgcB91vkixl2o1_1280.png (777KB, 964x1020px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo4c3xgcB91vkixl2o1_1280.png
777KB, 964x1020px
>>174060378
Hard is balanced around you minmaxing with chips and using the damage resistance buffs.

As a result early on when you don't have many of either of those the game basically feels like very hard with everything oneshotting you.

If you want a more balanced challenging experience I'd suggest a self imposed ruleset on Normal.

I'm currently doing a no chips and only heal after fights are over playthrough on Normal and it's actually quite enjoyable.
>>
>>174060358
Kuudere girl supported by energetic, caring boy is always the best combo.
Well-done example are rare as fuck, unfortunately, even across anime and manga, let alone games.
>>
>>174055213
wait until the divergence point from part a, the mid point big battle. after that their paths diverge and you'll see new stuff.
>>
File: 62027016_p6.jpg (187KB, 570x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62027016_p6.jpg
187KB, 570x1200px
>>174061118
I imagine their android "sex" being fun, cute with them giggling, and being really into each other. ;_;
>>
>>174061276
Yeah the level scaling is a bit intense and when you do all sidequests you end up overleveled.

I've just resorted to taking my old save file, setting the difficulty to Hard and modding my level down to 0 for the start of a new playthrough.

The enemies still have the same strength but at least you have your plugin chips / weapons at the start so it isn't a massive OHK fest.

It's actually pretty fun and makes for a nice New game + mode.
>>
>>174062718
Not sure if you are into fanfiction but you should read this
https://nines-s.tumblr.com/post/158963301153/warning-contains-smut-he-lingers-there-for
Its fucking cute 2B9S sex ;_;
>>
File: C8yk8POUMAEckEG.jpg (172KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8yk8POUMAEckEG.jpg
172KB, 900x1200px
>>174064361
Yeah, I've read it when that anon posted it a couple of threads ago. It's so cute! Wish she would post more stories. I need more!
>>
File: 2B flower crown.png (2MB, 700x1956px) Image search: [Google]
2B flower crown.png
2MB, 700x1956px
Flower crown!
>>
File: 1491761954599.jpg (52KB, 939x674px) Image search: [Google]
1491761954599.jpg
52KB, 939x674px
AMD fix when I got this game as a gift and I just want to play it without having to use drivers from 8 months ago
>>
>>174061398
Not him, but I played through Normal with no chips other than the default ones and it was still too easy. Hard mode is just poorly balanced though. Having everything kill you in two or three hits, combined with the wonky camera, frequent enemy mobs, and projectile spam make it too annoying to be worth it. Even Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't this cheap. I still love the game to death but the difficulty levels are just poorly done. It's weird because the demo was balanced much better than the final product.
>>
File: C9Z1U7cUQAA2h5s.jpg (76KB, 600x1121px) Image search: [Google]
C9Z1U7cUQAA2h5s.jpg
76KB, 600x1121px
>>
File: help.png (984KB, 638x394px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
984KB, 638x394px
The road to victor[Y] is now.

EMIL, WE COMIN' FO' YOU, NIGGA!
>>
What is a good place to make some bootleg Nier:Automata shirts and hoodies? I had my hoodie and parka orders canceled due to stock issues.
>>
>>174071603
You don't !
>>
do people play this for anything other anime butts?
>>
>>174072961
Existentialism
>>
>>174072961
I do !
>>
>>174056218
What I need to feel obligated to post proof now?
>>
>>174072961
do you seriously think that a game could get over a million in sales, high critical acclaim and active discussions on the internet for longer than a month just because "le ass"?
>>
Anyone got the gag box art for Automata (To Live is to Die)? I need it in my life right now.

I will need it as I am on the slow descent into Taro town.
>>
File: C9aphVHUMAAJvGZ.jpg (90KB, 600x938px) Image search: [Google]
C9aphVHUMAAJvGZ.jpg
90KB, 600x938px
>>
File: 1491077481982.jpg (155KB, 628x648px) Image search: [Google]
1491077481982.jpg
155KB, 628x648px
>>173981160
*Lover
>>
>>174076021
Hnnnngh
>>
File: 62044013_p0.jpg (243KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
62044013_p0.jpg
243KB, 800x565px
>>174076021
Lover all the way.
>>
File: 1492144825342.jpg (129KB, 1076x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1492144825342.jpg
129KB, 1076x1076px
>>174004137
Because your a YoRHa android. Get your shit together soldier.
>>
File: 187 on yo shi.png (258KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
187 on yo shi.png
258KB, 384x288px
>>174070749

YO! EMIL MUTHAFUKA! WE FOUND THIS MUTHAFUCKIN CAVE HOUSE!!!1!

FUCK ALL Y'ALL SELLING THIS RACIST SHIT! WHAT'S UP WITH THERE BEING NO BLACK EMIL!!!

WE GON PULL A 187 ON YO CAVEHOUSE!

WE GON PULL A 187 ON YO SAFETY BOX!

AN WE GON PULL A 187 ON ALL Y'ALL SKINNY ASS WHITE EMIL CLONE MUTHAFUCKAS WHO THINK THEY COOL SELLING ALL THIS CHEAP SHIT WHILE THEY THEY ULTIMATE WEAPON!11!!!

COME STEP TO A REAL THUG AND TRY THAT SHIT, CRACKER ASS MUTHAFUKA!!1!

THIS IS WAR!!!
>>
>>173982747

They were both killed by a vengeful machine. You get an email about it later.
>>
File: C9DzJS9UQAAKBwZ.jpg (47KB, 1200x709px) Image search: [Google]
C9DzJS9UQAAKBwZ.jpg
47KB, 1200x709px
>>
File: Kirk that's good.gif (469KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk that's good.gif
469KB, 300x225px
>>174056218
>>174053332
>>174047565
>>174047567
>>174047497
So, anyone figured out how to do it yet? It's not possible right?
>>
>>174077293
Fuck I love them
>>
File: C8k1ZLEUIAEHK0b.jpg (85KB, 1200x1120px) Image search: [Google]
C8k1ZLEUIAEHK0b.jpg
85KB, 1200x1120px
>>174078362
Have some more, anon.
>>
File: 1491449130448.png (198KB, 691x535px) Image search: [Google]
1491449130448.png
198KB, 691x535px
>>174054335
>>174054658
>>174054976

What quest, I know I missed a few
>>
File: 1490332515785.png (400KB, 488x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490332515785.png
400KB, 488x538px
>>174058313
Gimme that source my nigga, I'm playing FFXIV currently and I want this shit in the game.
>>
>>174078808
the amnesia one
>>
File: C8flTxVUIAELplq.jpg (191KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
C8flTxVUIAELplq.jpg
191KB, 1200x797px
>>174078808
Amnesia. You get it as 9S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM28sGZCfKM
>>
>>173979748
He had to please old men
>>
>>173983925
Why do you think N2 was a smug anime girl with a man's voice?
>>
File: 1490547952744.jpg (187KB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490547952744.jpg
187KB, 640x1920px
>>
>>174081734
I wish I was in trouble.
>>
>>174078986
Wait for the announcement on Monday. They're already giving out Pod043 vouchers at SE's store in Japan (which means no Pod043 for you, filthy gaijin scum). I think all of the cross promotion stuff is PSN-JPN exclusive.
>>
>Download Nier Automata OST to get the battle theme
>It's not even in the OST album

WTF MAN
>>
File: huehuahuehuahuehua.png (436KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
huehuahuehuahuehua.png
436KB, 800x425px
>mfw I realized why machine cores jump in price during Route C
>>
File: 1491080950261.png (148KB, 450x536px) Image search: [Google]
1491080950261.png
148KB, 450x536px
Kyle McCarley is going to stream the first NieR at 2pm PST today, in about 20 mins here on his twitch channel.
>>
Alright so what was and caused the black scrawl and why would gestalt nier be called shadowlord? What was the point of that edgy name?
>>
>>174084283
Which battle theme?
>>
>>174085441
I wonder if he created the machine twins just to mess with people's kinsey scale scores.
>>
>>174086153
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-5d0DkjGA

This one.

I have all 3 discs and the hacking tracks but unable to locate this one on the OST.
>>
>>174085875
Black Scrawl is caused by the gestalt of the matching replicant relapsing.

In the original experiments around 2050 it was found that Nier's soul was able to stay stable and conscious when gestaltized, and they were able to stabilize other gestalts using him. This made him the leader of the gestalts. And well, you know how he looks like as gestalt, which is why he was given the name by the replicants, who had no clue who he was.
>>
WHEN DLC
WHEN
>>
>>174086347
Its called Alien Manifestation. Disc 3 Track 11.
>>
>>174086591
So relapse is just caused by instability then?

Wouldn't Devola, Popola and Noir know about gestalt nier (and weiss before he lost his memory)? They still refer to him as Shadowlord till the end.
I understand why the game wouldn't outright call him gestalt nier storywise.
>>
>>174086591
But hold on, what was the black disease then? Project Gestalt was initiated because of it, right?
The black disease is not the same as the black scrawl, or is it?
>>
>>174086980
Well yeah they do. In fact they're technically working with him. They don't want to give that away though.

>>174087126
You're thinking of white chlorination syndrome, which turned people into salt.
>>
File: 62424765_p0.png (495KB, 1240x1600px) Image search: [Google]
62424765_p0.png
495KB, 1240x1600px
A2 is lewd
>>
>>174086945
Oh shit thanks bro.
>>
File: 01_001 (8).jpg (725KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
01_001 (8).jpg
725KB, 1500x2000px
>>174087345
A2 needs to wear cute clothes!
>>
>>174087193
Are there any non game prequels/sequels worth looking up?
>>
>>174087935
The total story leading up to Nier;Automata is (organized timeline-wise):

Drakengard 3 - Drakengard 1 - Nier (Gestalt/Replicant) - Nier;Automata

Now the thing is, every one of these games is different from the rest. It's Yoko Taro after all, he never makes the same game twice. They've also all had somewhat mixed reception (mostly due to implementation, i.e. Drakengard 3 had massive fps drops at times, Nier's combat is rather lacking, related to them all being made on a budget).

However if you're interested in what's on Yoko Taro's wild ride, I'd say just play all of them. Just be aware that each of them is very different (i.e. Drakengard 3 contains more sexual innuendos than a student dorm on friday evening), and if you like being confused go play Nier.
>>
>>174088965
I played Automata and then Nier. I was more asking about any relevant stories around Nier before replaying Automata. (like is ending e, the drama cd or anything else worth looking up)
>>
>>174084879
they jump in price in route b too.
>>
File: C9dtoohU0AAQ1LF.jpg (51KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
C9dtoohU0AAQ1LF.jpg
51KB, 1100x800px
>>
File: shirtsize.png (520KB, 608x1736px) Image search: [Google]
shirtsize.png
520KB, 608x1736px
>>174048130
>>174048751
Got the source for these two?
>>
I noticed some weird electrical lightning on 2B feet, what is this? Some kind of buff?
>>
>>174094306
anti volt salve or how is it called
>>
>>174093749
Thanks for the translation. I'm not the one who posted it, but I've seen it. Might have to do a little digging. Use this to help you https://twitter.com/akui_Auto
>>
I'm just about to do ending E. I know this is the one that deletes your save file, and also that it gives you the choice on whether to do it or not. Is there any reason to actually do it? Is it required to see the ending or is there really no point to it? In the original you had to do it to get the ending. Is it the same way here?
>>
>>174096497
It gets you a different title screen and a thank you. Other than that, no, not really.
>>
>>174096497
There's no particular reason other than the one given to you in ending E.

So make your own decision.
>>
File: C9DeILYUAAApzeG.jpg (74KB, 646x916px) Image search: [Google]
C9DeILYUAAApzeG.jpg
74KB, 646x916px
If anyone wants AdamEve art, then this twitter is for you. https://twitter.com/tofuema
>>
What is the smiling moon face thing? Never played nier before but I'm curious
>>
File: merch-pillow.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
merch-pillow.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>174097132
A character named Emil.
>>
>>174084283
>mfw no KAMI NI NARE
I know the base song is there, but why couldn't they put the two voiceover'd versions?
>>
File: C9d-76SUQAQZ0by.png (442KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
C9d-76SUQAQZ0by.png
442KB, 950x950px
>>174093749
Found it.
https://twitter.com/creamy0528/status/852613011424530432
>>
Is there any particular reason a remixed Grandma is used for Adam's fight? Is there some meaning behind it or is it just for fan service?
>>
File: pairshirt.jpg (541KB, 1300x1800px) Image search: [Google]
pairshirt.jpg
541KB, 1300x1800px
>>174098001
Thanks friend
>>
File: C9GEE10XkAM8ZfY.jpg (96KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
C9GEE10XkAM8ZfY.jpg
96KB, 1200x792px
>>174098241
No problem!
>>
>>174097132
A long story short, it's one of the main characters from Nier.

A long story long, After the descent of the Queen beast and the red dragon in Tokyo, 2003, leading to the creation of the Legion, several organizations were experimenting with the effects of the so-called Maso that was released in said event. Emil is the result of such an experiment in turning a human into a magical weapon. (there's a lot more involved but that's what it boils down to) This happened in 2026. After this, the gestalt project is initiated leading to the seperation of all humanities souls and bodies to survive the unstoppable white chlorination syndrome. This leaves the earth populated with the so-called replicants (artificial bodies that the human souls are supposed to return to in the future) and the androids built by humanity to guide the process.

Now forward about 3350 years, during which the human souls (gestalts) start relapsing while the replicants have started developing their own consciousnesses.

During the events of Nier, in 3366, Emil learns to control his power after destroying another of the weaponized human experiments, but at the cost of his human self transforming into the skelletal-with-sphere-head form as we see him now. A bit further in the story he ends up sacrificing himself for the rest of the main characters but manages to survive with only his head intact. Due to the actions of Nier, the gestalt project ends up collapsing leading to the eventual relapse of all gestalts. As replicants whose gestalt has relapsed cannot be recreated this dooms the replicants as well. In the following centuries these events result in the end of humans (or replicants) walking the earth, leaving only the Androids (and Emil) surviving.

Somewhere around the year 5000, aliens then invade the earth on which no human has walked for 8 centuries. They deploy their weapon, the machine life forms, to conquer the earth.
>>
File: C9GJfCdXgAApLj5.jpg (72KB, 858x657px) Image search: [Google]
C9GJfCdXgAApLj5.jpg
72KB, 858x657px
>>174098812
>>
>>174098957
Emil attempts to repel the invasion together with the androids by creating 85 million copies of himself. The wars against the machine lifeforms last for about 7000 years up to the events of Nier;Automata. During this time, all these Emil clones have fought, died, and copied themselves some more. This has lead to the decay of their memories and personality. The Emil you meet in Nier;Automata is a copy as well and remarks that he hasn't seen the original in millennia.

So basically, he was originally a human, he has great techno-magical powers and he has lived (or has memories of living) over 10000 years, and has basically seen the world end around him multiple times. His copies have kept fighting and fighting because over millennia it's the only thing they remembered they had to do. During Nier;Automata you help him rediscover some locations from the old Nier which refresh some memories in the clone you meet.
>>
>>174098957
>look up emil
>instantly fetishes are being catered to
>discover the automata characters aren't both girls

Is this series just full of androgynous boys? Where do i start this shit
>>
>>174099468
It's kinda weird that no one else in YoRHa or the Resistance ever mentions Emil despite how much of an asset he was
>>
>>174099542
Not really. If you want some proper gameplay in your games I'd just look up a story summary of Nier and play Nier;Automata. It's a pretty good game.

However 9S / the other S models are the only ones who look like that in Automata. In the original Nier there's only Emil.

Also I forgot to mention, technically Nier is a sequel to Drakengard 1's ending E which is a sequel to Drakengard 3 on it's own.

>>174099712
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the surviving clones at this point had been laying dormant for centuries, like the ones you found buried in the desert.
>>
>>174099903
>laying dormant for centuries
Still, seeing giant grinning skelington heads spookin' all around the lower stratosphere fighting aliens would leave an impression on a long-living android. Raises questions about how long the androids we interact with have been active or how regularly they reset their own memories.

I can also imagine Yoko Taro writing a short story explaining how via a series of fortuitous events Emil managed to fight off the aliens while remaining secret the entire time, making the androids think they were hot shit when they were barely helping.
>>
>>174100210
So is there any hope of like, recovering dna data off of a computer and synthesizing another human?
>>
>>174100602
Don't be bloody silly
>>
>>174100659
I'm that new anon, i don't know anything about nier, why wouldn't that work?
>>
>see tons of anons mention that ending E made them cry
>it ends up being the least upsetting ending of all time
I'm confused. What about that ending could possibly make somebody cry, let alone multiple people? Unless it's the guilt from losing the other players' data. I guess I could see that but man I was expecting some emotional gut punch of an ending and instead I got the equivalent of a Marvel mid-credits scene.
>>
>>174100210
I think it's more just that they didn't want to focus on that part of the history of the universe too much. For the same reason as the fact that we never really get an idea of how big the android forces actually are and what area of earth they hold (We know they have multiple bases, but we don't know much about their territory on earth aside from the resistance camp, but that's clearly a camp in hostile territory.) Obviously they should still hold significant area seeing as they have aircraft carrier ships and the like, as well as the tech required to maintain more than a dozen of orbital stations.

>>174099542
You should realize though that the only existing pairing in the Nier universe is [random character] x Suffering. These aren't happy games.

>>174100602
The server on the moon is supposed to contain the DNA / data on humans and as mammals still walk the earth it could be conceivable.

However the question you have to ask is more why you would want to do that at this point. The value in humanity wasn't in their biological makeup, it was in their culture and knowledge and the androids are perfectly capable of carrying that forward themselves. After all they were made in the image of mankind.

In their culture, mankind has become essentially some kind of god. They're a reason to fight and die for. And that's all the place they need in the world.
>>
>>174097723
they could even splice it into one big version that has base song, spliced with both jap and english versions of both become as gods and this cannot continue.
>>
>>174100886
Tears of overwhelming emotion. According to the game this is your last chance to save toobs and nines (and I guess a2 as well). Every time you get hit by the credits a malicious ai is reminding you of how pointless it all is, but hundreds of other players who made it to the end are telling you to keep going and don't give up, and even end up joining you in your struggle, sacrificing everything they worked towards so that you can make it to the end, so that you can get the closure and happy ending for the androids. Because as far as the story let's on, the androids are the final legacy of humanity, and if they are gone, so is humanity. Just as the song says, your carrying the weight of the world.
In those 6 other small triangles, you feel connected with everyone else who has stuck around to save toobs and nines' data. You feel connected to humanity in that very instance.
If that doesn't overwhelm someone with emotion, I don't know what would.
>>
>>174100886
It's the one and only thing that you, the player, did for the story's protagonists. Your own power was not enough, so you band together with other fellow players to fight the development team. Ending E was accomplished by us.
>>
>>174100886
It was great having everyone come together to help me. It was a heartfelt expression of kindness at a moment when I was feeling low and frustrated.

The actual fate of 2B, 9S and A2 was nice because it felt like Endless Summer in Bully or other games where you get to do away with missions and other bullshit and just fuck around forever, but in this case it's the actual characters that get to experience that. They're going to get to find their own meaning now.
>>
Alright, so I've gotten all the endings in Drakengard, Nier, and Automata. Now all that's left is Drakengard 3. I can put up with a lot of shit if there's something good underneath. I can handle occasional frame dips and such. However, DoD3 looks like a Powerpoint presentation for most of its gameplay. I'm not sure how much of that I can take and the game doesn't even look that good enough for me to power through the technical disaster. What do others think?
>>
>>174102959
Route D worth it.
>>
>>174102514
>>174102804
>>174102862
Okay, that makes sense. I just assumed when people said they cried that it was tears of despair and not tears of joy or pride or what have you. This being a Taro game I certainly wasn't expecting this hopeful of an ending. That part was definitely intense and the meaning behind it and sense of comaraderie was something special, but I was just expecting something on the opposite end of the spectrum. But hey it's nice to be surprised.
>>
>>174102959
What kind of PS3 do you have? I never had the framerate dip below the 20s on my 60gb fat. It got choppy at times for sure but it was never unplayable.
>>
File: 1446722956272.jpg (81KB, 548x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1446722956272.jpg
81KB, 548x1088px
>>174103630
>This being a Taro game I certainly wasn't expecting this hopeful of an ending.
>>
>>174103908
>implying I'd ever believe a word that man says
>>
>>174103908
I mean, all other YoRHa troops died, the resistance lost a lot of people, all the peaceful robots were destroyed and the rest of the world is still stuck in an exercise in how pointless conflict can actually be as in the overall scale they achieved practically nothing, but sure it's a happy ending.
>>
>>174103630
>This being a Taro game I certainly wasn't expecting this hopeful of an ending
he doesn't like to do the same thing over and over. so maybe this was one of those things, go against his old narrative of shit end for everyone and actually give them some hope at the end.
>>
File: 1491770031055.jpg (42KB, 599x521px) Image search: [Google]
1491770031055.jpg
42KB, 599x521px
>>174103908
>tfw can only play, read and watch bittersweet and melancholic things after Automata despite the game carrying an amazingly positive message in the end
Even with the happiest ending Taro managed to ruin me.
>>
>>174104398
he opened your eyes. you won't look at games like mario or any generic shonen stuff the same way again. they will feel like pointless toys for kids for a while.
>>
so what will they announce on monday?
>>
>>174103630
>hopeful
For all we know, 9S will wake up, chopping off 2A's head and stab 2B thinking she's another clone.
>>
>>174104825
H A P P Y ending
>>
I know this is dumb fancanon-tier garbage, but do you think it's possible that the aliens contracted WCS at some point since they'd be the only ones with souls at this point, turned Legion, and their robots wiped them out?
>>
>>174104965
Considering their corpses didn't look like salt, I doubt it.
>>
>>174104825
D ending 9S? No way.
And if anything, pods will activate 2B first so the very first thing 9S will hear after awakening is "Nines" which is a guaranteed way to return him to normal.
>>
If the DLC is really just something for FFXIV, i'm pretty disappointed. Was expecting A2's backstory or something.
>>
>>174105226
Stage play DLC?
>>
I still can't get over how good both nier soundtracks are.
>>
>>174104641
I actually wanted to read some simple shounen after it just to chill out knowing that nothing will take me on emotional ride.
Unfortunately i've stumbled upon Pandora Hearts.
Just fucking end my life.
>>
DLC hopes?

I really want the DLC to just be a bonus A2 campaign. I feel like I didn't get enough time to chop shit up with her.
>>
>Girlfriend wanted to fuck but I was playing automata
>She comes over anyway and watched me play for hours before leaving
>Now she wants to break up with me because she feels inadequate compared to 2B or some nonsense
What do? I already tried to explain to her it's just a game but she isn't having it
>>
>>174106035
My guess is that it's going to be some sort of dungeon crawl thing behind the apologetic machines that has some lore on the aliens and the creation of the machines.
>>
Anybody have that comic of 2B and 9S trying to chase after A2 in the Forest Castle, and they float down while A2 hangs behind?

It was like "K bye" and "Get her" and "Ya"
>>
>>174106286
Well obviously she wouldn't compare with the perfection that is 2B, good that she recognizes that.
>>
>>174106286
Why couldn't you just put the game down. You have to protect that relationship.

She is inadequate compared to 2B.
>>
File: tumblr_onplmfNjO61r07nppo4_1280.png (1004KB, 1280x1625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onplmfNjO61r07nppo4_1280.png
1004KB, 1280x1625px
>>174106385
Nvm, found it
>>
Writing is hard.
>>
>>174106669
Disagree, you just need the proper motivation and a good amount of time/training
>>
>>174106523
>Why couldn't you just put the game down.
She wants to fuck like 90% of the time. If I dropped whatever I was doing every time she wanted to have sex I'd be doing little more than sleeping and fucking. The real problem I'm guessing is that I played this particular game in front of her
>>
>>174107129
Well I'm lacking in both right now.
Hopefully watching Kyle play Automata gives me the motivation.
>>
Where do people get the idea that Kaine is an hermaphrodite?
>>
>>174107438
From the video game Nier.
>>
>>174107438
It probably has something to do with her massive cock.

http://nier.wikia.com/wiki/Witches%27_Sabbath
>>
>>174107472
Nothing in the game implies this.
>>
Guys what if ending O is the real canon ending and 2B and 9S just fucked off before the Logic Virus shit got heavy?
>>
>>174107551
"Stop being such a hermaphrodite "
-Weiss, after visiting Facade for the first time
>>
File: 1451671026973.jpg (232KB, 538x785px) Image search: [Google]
1451671026973.jpg
232KB, 538x785px
>>174107512
>What she held in her hand was… a large, engorged male member… yet it was hers.
>Upon the swarthy organ there were littered many veins, which I could even clearly see throbbing.
>S W A R T H Y O R G A N
Any good doujins
>>
>>174107438
It's in the Grimoire Nier.
>>
I finished Automata and Nier. What the hell do I do now?
>>
Thank you, MR.SR. Thank you, Matsel. Thank you, Ken. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough to spare you, but you helped me.

I only hope I can help someone else now. I didn't exactly 100% complete the game like I wanted to, but I'm okay with playing through the game again.

If any of you guys see MadhatClemens, I hope I can help.
>>
>>174107730
https://e-hentai.org/g/867921/4d36d64b5e/
I found this. I don't know if it's good.
>>
>>173999096
I prioritized EXP Up chips so I was pretty overlevelled after doing grinds and side quests.
>>
File: 1446084868514.png (164KB, 528x468px) Image search: [Google]
1446084868514.png
164KB, 528x468px
>>
File: khalara.jpg (41KB, 308x373px) Image search: [Google]
khalara.jpg
41KB, 308x373px
>>174108372
Please no
>>
File: C9ZM3znVoAAM_Gf.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
C9ZM3znVoAAM_Gf.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>174106669
You can do it, anon!
>>
File: C9fWpvGXUAAwn2p.jpg (369KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
C9fWpvGXUAAwn2p.jpg
369KB, 1000x1481px
Would you care to see a flight unit be dissected
>>
>>174108725
Not right now I can't.
All this talk about Kaine has got me thinking about... something else.
>>
File: d6e1d0f7a71778f41d5d90fe4e5e7ba6.jpg (352KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
d6e1d0f7a71778f41d5d90fe4e5e7ba6.jpg
352KB, 1200x900px
>>174108372
God damn, I really wish there were more Kainé stuff.
>>
File: C9fWpvQXUAAbKDi.jpg (415KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
C9fWpvQXUAAbKDi.jpg
415KB, 1000x1481px
>>174108834
Mmm let's see those guts
>>
File: C9QbnOuXUAEcTUk.jpg (114KB, 1200x996px) Image search: [Google]
C9QbnOuXUAEcTUk.jpg
114KB, 1200x996px
>>174108835
Stop thinking about Kaine and her thick dick! Think about cute and lewd 2B9S.
>>
File: C9fW-rVXcAAXMa4.jpg (473KB, 1500x1150px) Image search: [Google]
C9fW-rVXcAAXMa4.jpg
473KB, 1500x1150px
>>174109008
Thanks for your time. If anyone could point me to where Square-Enix is keeping the scale models Nier merch I would enjoy that
>>
>>174109241
You can't stop me!
>>
Played all of Taro's games except DoD3. Do I want to play it with JP audio? I know the voice acting is butchered in the English dub, but the subtitles are as well so is there really any point in going with the JP dub? Is it still better?
>>
>>174109537
The voice acting itself isn't bad, it's the poorly translated lines that are the problem.
>>
>>173981481
Extremely late reply, but it should be mentioned that Yoko loves writing supplementary material for every game he works on, and they run the full gambit of events from before, during, and after the main game's events. A few of these "sequel" stories from the original Nier essentially helped build up this game (The Fire of Prometheus and Emil's Space War being the most important, alongside the YoRHa stage play).

There'll likely be something that takes place directly after or before the events of this game, but I doubt it'll be in a full game about it. If your desperate for more, the most that'll happen will be supplementary material such as short stories. I've got doubts that the DLC will offer much in the way of story, since that would require significant effort to do it well and the DLC is likely coming out way to early for that kind of effort to be possible.
>>
>>174109825
Right, I wrote it wrong cause it's 4 am and my brain is mush because I can't stop looking at videos about nier and shit.

Basically I just want to know if the experience really become any better with the JP dub when the subtitles are still bad? I also heard that lines from like generic NPCs or whatever aren't subtitled so I'd have no idea what they're saying. Even if it's not crucial information that kinda sucks.
>>
>>174109241
what about 9s and Kaine?
>>
File: C8u2oQ4UwAMwr0M.jpg (126KB, 1111x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8u2oQ4UwAMwr0M.jpg
126KB, 1111x1200px
>>174110514
If 9S likes that kind of stuff.
>>
is there a reaons why japs are so obsessed with drawing everyone using beastlord? why would anyone settle for that slow piece of shit.
>>
>>174109929
>There'll likely be something that takes place directly after or before the events of this game, but I doubt it'll be in a full game about it.

Sure you might think that if you didn't notice what a smash hit 2b and 9s are.
>>
>>174107906
Drakengard and Drakengard 3. The ride's only half over.
>>
>>174110960
It's the large sword she was supposed to originally have.
A lot of the early promo shots and even the cover art for the JP edition (the reverse side on the western editions) have her with the Beastlord.
>>
>>174111047
Taro doesn't care how much of a smash hit something is, and he hates repeating himself. It's not a coincidence that Drakengard-Nier-Automata are each thousands of years apart.
>>
>>174111334
Kojima didn't want to make metal gear sequels but look how that turned out
>>
>>174111538
>implying
The only thing they have in common is that they're both memes.
>>
>>174110594
Is he sitting on a giant penis and is that sperm flying around?
>>
>>174109241
Quick! someone replace the pictures with spaghetti!
>>
>>174111674
They're both autistic creative visionaries. Although I don't think Kojima has really been all that experimental after MGS2. And honestly Death Stranding just looks like it's going to be really pretentious. I'll probably love it for its style but I can't imagine that setting being anything but tryhard deepshit. Hopefully I'm wrong but eh, I think his ego has grown a bit too big for his own good.
>>
File: C8VnioHUMAAqDnr.jpg (137KB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8VnioHUMAAqDnr.jpg
137KB, 864x1200px
>>174111864
Maybe......
>>
File: heartattack[1].jpg (23KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
heartattack[1].jpg
23KB, 400x257px
>>174112147
>that last drawing
>>
>>174112112
There's a good chance taros career will parallel post-mgs kojima for a while now. They have a definitive title they're known for and the publishers keep talking them into expanding the franchise around the popular title and characters.

I'd find it funny if taro pulled a MGS2 next. The player gets tricked into thinking 2b/9s are the protags of the next game but they're only side characters.
>>
>>174110960
It's from the original Nier and frankly it was one of the best looking weapons in that game so it was most commonly used there as well. Needless to say the weapon designs in the first game are atrocious and it's basically where all the ugly as shit weapons in Automata are from.
>>
File: C9dXjzxVoAAB0Tk.jpg (84KB, 480x1020px) Image search: [Google]
C9dXjzxVoAAB0Tk.jpg
84KB, 480x1020px
>>
File: 1490734360567.jpg (90KB, 1177x893px) Image search: [Google]
1490734360567.jpg
90KB, 1177x893px
He is so fucking cute
>>
>>174112612

>Taro and Kojima work together to make a game and it's an absolute mindfuck
>>
File: C8hgntEV0AAepvF.jpg (31KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
C8hgntEV0AAepvF.jpg
31KB, 600x848px
>>174113905
That he is. Why can't he be real?
>>
did you delete your save data?
I am just sitting here at this screen. I don't know what I should do...
>>
>>174114401
I saved mine to the cloud. Trying to get 100%.
>>
>>174114401
Everyone came together to help you when you needed them.

Don't you think you should do whatever you can to repay them?
>>
Well shit. When I tabbed back into my monitor with the game on it. It took my click as a "no".
>>
File: spit.png (343KB, 1048x528px) Image search: [Google]
spit.png
343KB, 1048x528px
>>174114401
>>174115034
Your heart clicked "No" the second you hesitated.

How ungrateful.
>>
File: C3CtZvfUoAAaJO7.jpg (55KB, 609x885px) Image search: [Google]
C3CtZvfUoAAaJO7.jpg
55KB, 609x885px
>>174114308
Dunno, i want to be 2B to tenderly-rape him every night
>>
File: shame shame shame.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
shame shame shame.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
>>174115034
SHAME!

>>174115226
Rape him? You mean making sweet love to him.
>>
>>174114401
You'd be very selfish to say no. You accepted help to get that far, someone else needs that help too.

t. didn't sacrifice my save data and felt horrible about it

Don't be the beta that 100%s the game first or backs up a file, you're not sacrificing a damn thing that way and the point is lost on you.
>>
>>174113956
Taro is pretty damn active on twitter
Someone screencap this and mention it to him
>>
I'm just going to leave this here:
The combat system was restricted before release
>>
>>174116681
What does that mean?
>>
>>174112715
cute

>*smooch*

>It's a sign of affection.

>I read it in a book.

>Report.
>Increase in heart rate detected.
>>
File: 1477516263358.jpg (217KB, 1000x974px) Image search: [Google]
1477516263358.jpg
217KB, 1000x974px
>>174117075
Cute!
>>
Who is talking in the "thank you for giving meaning to my life" line in the A2 shooter sequence after the desert goliath fight? I don't remember this happening but I feel like I should.
>>
>>174117273
A4.
It's from the pearl harbor incident.
>>
File: A2A4.webm (484KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
A2A4.webm
484KB, 720x480px
>>174117273
A2' girlfriend, A4. She said that before she detonated her core reactor to save A2.
>>
started playing few hours ago

i just found the body of the android who was shot at the beginning of the game.
how do i get out of here fast? does self destruct works? what do i lose if i die?
>>
What are the differences between A2 and 2B gameplay?
>>
is N2 the fire god? or is it just a metaphor for the moment they got their individuality in the network?
>>
>>174112612
He kind of did that already with this one. People thought 2B was the main character when in was really 9S.
>>
>>174117525
Taunt instead of hold Square attack. Berserk mode instead of self destruct. Dodge/dash is a bit different.
>>
>>174117525
2B has light hold and self destruct.
A2 has taunt and berserk mode.
>>
>>174117464
Self destruct doesn't kill you. It leaves you with a sliver of health.
On death you lose all equipped chips and can recover them by recovering your body.
Also you should've activated the shortcut routes in the factory on your way there.
Otherwise just run out.
>>
are extra chips slots permanent?
Im too afraid of dying to find out because i spent almost 50k
>>
>>174117356
>>174117423
Damn, thank you fellas.

The first time I heard it I mistook it for coming from A2 herself, and thought it was alluding to a twist where you found out 2B and A2 used to be fuck buddies. But this is also fine I guess.
>>
>>174117623
The fire god is likely Beepy from the Fire of Prometheus short story.
>>
>>174117710
how different is dodge dash?
>>
>>174117769
Slots are permanent, but you do lose all equipped chips if you die till you recover your body. Better to save often and just load game if you die since it usually sends you back to last save point anyways.
>>
File: A4 being a little shit.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
A4 being a little shit.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>174117813
>found out 2B and A2 used to be fuck buddies.
A2 is only for A4 and Pod! 2B is only for 9S.
>>
File: C5_pD11U0AEKHeF.jpg (77KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
C5_pD11U0AEKHeF.jpg
77KB, 566x800px
DLC of 2B being a scared crybaby when?
>>
>>174118039
Fuck 9S that prepubescent white-dude-pooly-imitating-jap-VA Justin beiber lookin ass motherfucker.
>>
Be honest, do you actually read death messages?
>>
>>174118537
I do sometimes. But 99% of them are stupid fucking random humor shit so it's hard to keep going.
>>
File: NNR71rvphl9o1.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
NNR71rvphl9o1.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>>174118401
Don't talk about best boy like that.
>>
File: 1447102082062.png (19KB, 440x537px) Image search: [Google]
1447102082062.png
19KB, 440x537px
>>174118401
>>
File: NieRAutomata_2017-04-16_00-02-28.png (570KB, 1431x754px) Image search: [Google]
NieRAutomata_2017-04-16_00-02-28.png
570KB, 1431x754px
>>174115182
PLEASE FORGIVE!
I REPENT!
IT WAS JUST A MISCLICK!
>>
File: 1488075272310.jpg (638KB, 1674x978px) Image search: [Google]
1488075272310.jpg
638KB, 1674x978px
>>174119113
Good boy or girl. You did the right thing.
>>
>>174119113
>I repent
Nigga what
Fuck you
You dont deserve to have experienced this game if you regret that
>>
I just finished I guess what you'd call playthrough A?
Anyway, I gather reloading the save starts the second playthrough, but I'm just back at the weird machines quest. I'm 99% sure I saved on the same file when the prompt came up after the credits but I guess maybe I didn't.
Am I just missing something obvious or should I just replay the last 2 missions and try this again?

Also, while I'm here, how well do you guys compare the other playthroughs to the first?
>>
>>174119447
I have no idea what happened, but you shouldn't be starting at that quest, if that isn't obvious. Must have been mistaken about saving.
>>
>>174119447
Yea it seems it didn't save properly for some reason after the credits.
>>
>>174119607
>>174119637

Thanks. I'll just replay the last bit and see if I can't press A properly this time.
>>
>>174116767
features that made the combat more technical were removed or restricted in a way that they are not accessible at all.

Examples:

>With a small sword, jump, and then press heavy attack and jump 1 frame after. You'll see the blades helicopter around you. This can be done with almost any attack. Why would that effect be there if it can't hit anything?
>Why can't we start an air combo more than twice in the air, and even then you need to do it straight from a jump/evade or else it won't work.
>Why can't we start an air combo after having done an air heavy attack and cancelling it with jump?
>Why is there no enemy hop equivalent to let you stay in the air as long as you play well enough?
>Why can't we aim attacks in any direction with the left stick? Keep in mind that this restriction means we cannot aim 9s' sword throw attacks in one direction, and then once the sword has been thrown forward aim it in any direction from there. This is possible without enemies. Why isn't it possible with enemies? There's an auto-chip set. Why remove features if it isn't to make things accessible?
>Why can't we have 3 weapon sets like certain ex-yorha members?

Someone needs to do some cheat engine work and fix this shit.
>>
File: 1491964730835.png (360KB, 646x642px) Image search: [Google]
1491964730835.png
360KB, 646x642px
Got all endings and halfway through another playthrough, so I'm finally reading stuff about the game.

Few questions:

Are there any consequences (or lack thereof) to not attacking/killing any non-hostile machines? I tried to avoid this as much as possible in my first playthrough but accidentally attacked a few and killed some for the resistance merchant's first quest.

Do people know what's going on with A2's appearance on some parts of her body? My best guess is her clothing has deteriorated and some of it possibly melted into her skin. Some of it just looks like her skin itself has torn away.

Is there any limit to damage stacking? Like if I taunt, and activate berserker mode, and use melee/range attack ups, do those all contribute at once?

Are the blindfolds explained anywhere?
I understand the symbolism, but I mean practically.
I'm about to watch the stage play right now so maybe in that.
>>
File: 1486745720572.jpg (43KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
1486745720572.jpg
43KB, 640x662px
>taro-senpai followed me on twitter
>>
File: r4v3G2rt.png (233KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
r4v3G2rt.png
233KB, 400x400px
>>174121030
hi
>>
>>174121185

hi
>>
>>174120982
>Are there any consequences
nope

>what's going on with A2's appearance
Her artificial skin is missing from those parts.

>blindfolds
They're combat visors. Also they're actually called "Goggles".
>>
>>174118039
Who is supposed to be who in this webm? They all look the fucking same.
>>
>>174121583
I haven't seen the play but A2 and A4 have swords, 4 has the crooked blindfold. Gwhatever has a gun, don't know about the scanner.
>>
>>174121886
So A4 is the moeblob and A2 is the autist?
>>
File: HEOJs.gif (500KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
HEOJs.gif
500KB, 300x268px
>>174121583
>>
File: NieR_Automata_20170416015239.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NieR_Automata_20170416015239.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Holy shit, look all of those free chips!
>>
>>174121583
A4 is side ponytail, A2 is crying/scared face, G16 is one who pushes A4, and S21 is in the back doing scanner stuff.
>>
>>174122751
>free chips
You know collecting bodies doesn't give you chips right?
>>
Dubfags should die.
>>
>>174122030
Pretty much.
>>
>>174122913
I know, but at least is free money.
>>
>>174122986
Don't start that argument again.
It's just a preference.
>>
>>174123208
Dubfag detected.
Back to plebbit.
>>
Since 2B is based on A2 does that mean 2B is autistic?
>>
>>174123423
>>
>>174123462
>page 6
>>
so will Nier Automata have any DLC or is that it folks?
>>
>>174123208
Yes, eating shit is also a preference and it belongs on plebbit.
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 187

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.