[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ng/ - Nioh General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 750
Thread images: 82

File: WE.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
On Life support edition.

>What does each element do?
http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status+Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
http://pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
http://pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
http://imgur.com/a/q0bu4
>>
WUZ
>>
Previous thread.

>>171070774
>>
consider putting the reforging guide in the OP next thread

http://pastebin.com/7XbeFD3d

:^)
>>
New content next week. Dont die yet.
>>
Any kind axe bros willing to drop some revenants on isle of demons ng+? Finding all divine weapons except axes
>>
Revenants should drop gear based on your luck and drop traits rather than your level, this mechanic is so shitty
>>
>>171432034
it's not shitty for minmaxing faggots
>>
New to the game, I read that twilight missions are daily... What happens if I don't complete it by the end of the day? Also, when co-oping am I able to lose anything in anothers game when I die?
>>
>This fucking maze area after Nue
I'm lost, send help.
>>
What's the ezmode weapon
>>
>>171432903
It's not even a maze. It's incredibly linear.
>>
>>171432541
nothing

they're just regular missions with a red tint and more yokai / enemy placements

the first time you beat them after they change, they have decent mission rewards like 3 umibozu eye stones or other boss materials, that kind of thing

>when co-oping am I able to lose anything in anothers game when I die?
no, you just get a worse mission reward because you failed

>>171432971
all of them
>>
Can't really make up my mind between continuing to play Nioh or further exploring the Toukiden demo
>>
>>171430507
I'd say If anyone checks later and sees the thread dying bump it with the this

or if its almost at 750 too
>>
>Revenants dont use the gear the player was wearing at the time of death

Wow lame.
>>
>>171435270
they do

its just in the state it was in when the player first found it
>>
>>171435270
What? I'm pretty sure they do. It just doesn't transfer your refashions/reforges.
>>
Ok do axe users not die or does no one use axes?
>>
>>171436401
both
what are you looking for?
>>
>>171436603
Well I've been using a yellow axe that has cta str A and it's making it hard to find a divine axe to switch to. So basically a divine axe with cta str a.
>>
>>171436702
i have a green monobe with is cta str b+
at max famalam it should be A (but it will never reach A+ like something you could roll, that's just how monobe is)

if you explain how revenants work i might be able to get it to you
and an armor set too if you wanted something specific
>>
>>171436965
Nah the axe is all I need man. All you gotta do if you could is go to isle of demons in Way of the Strong with the axe equipped and run off the beach and drown. From there I'll farm your revenant until I get the axe to drop. I'd really appreciate it
>>
File: 2017-02-18-01-29-12-kemono2.jpg (124KB, 1056x549px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-18-01-29-12-kemono2.jpg
124KB, 1056x549px
>>171430614
could someone giveme a quick rundown on this what kind of content are we getting ?
>>
>>171437076
done
start at the first shrine, then turn around and i died right next to a small boat
>>
>>171438541
Gonna go and farm your corpse, thanks kind axe bro
>>
so how do i get the smithing texts for weapons like hige kire and hizamaru that are not part of a particular set
>>
>>171440220
nope
>>
Are there any weapon skills not labeled as passive that carry over to other weapons? I noticed not all skills marked passive carry over.
>>
Just rolled +25% item drop on my chest piece, do I push my luck and go for +25% equipment drop too? How lucky did I get?
>>
>>171441074
>I noticed not all skills marked passive carry over.
like what?
>>
>>171438190
The DLCs are gonna be stuff having to do with Masamune Date in the north, then the other two big ones are gonna be the winter and summer of the Siege of Osaka. Spoilers for history, already detailed the first bit, Date and all, but the winter bit for Siege of Osaka is all but guaranteed to have Yukimura Sanada since the shit with the Sanada-maru was a highlight of the winter bit, then summer is gonna be the big final part where the Toyotomi are definitively beaten and Hideyori kills himself.
>>
>>171442391
igot both of them pretty easy just use iron chunk
>>
>>171443527
fuck thats nice hopefully they will add more enemies
>>
>>171442469
Axe damage to yokai is a passive skill
>>
>>171444557
yeah but it clearly says AXE, no one is going to assume it carries over
>>
>>171444873
Not really the point
>>
>>171430240
Just bought Nioh, what's the most fun playstyle in your opinion?
I enjoyed Axes in the alpha but the beta zone boss made me feel like that was a bad choice.
>>
>>171446246
>what's the most fun playstyle in your opinion?
Dual Katana > Kusarigama > Axe > Spear > Single Katana
You can do some really fun ninja builds later in the game so try experimenting later when you get bored.
>>
>>171446246
you can respec, and all weapons are viable
use whatever you like
>>
Guy at the end of last thread who asked about Muneshige tips. I beat him again on my first try AND without cheese. I'm so proud of myself. I had to resort to using a Lifeseal talisman once I was running out of elixers. It really saved my ass.
>>
>>171450918
nice dude
might want to kill him a few more times for his armor

dope set bonuses
>>
so I'm about the begin the main mission after Falling Snow, it's level 62 and I'm at 56. how can I catch up? I've completed every side mission thus far. is grinding old missions the only option?
>>
>>171451771
Just go for it. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>171451771
10 stat points would make fuckall difference
just do it
>>
>>171451771
From this point onwards you'll always be at lower level than the missions recommend.
>>
>>171451771

I'm this anon. to the guys who replied, am I at the half way point of the game?
>>
>>171452418
Yes.
>>
>>171448392
>>171448439
Thanks for the input.

Also, did they neuter the entire game or just the first section? There are noticeably less enemies around in the village compared to the alpha and they seem to do a lot less damage.
>>
File: NG+ derrick.webm (2MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
NG+ derrick.webm
2MB, 768x432px
>>171446246
I've played every weapon in the game for extensive time including some real meme ninja shit and my favorite builds were projectile spam ninja build and random slice with extensive ki focus 2kat build. Both work wonders in coop to spice up the fun times.
>>
>>171455097
>was able to spin through all of ng+ without paying attention
>derrik gives absolutely no fucks and 2 shots me
>>
>First run (1kat sloppy build)
110+ deaths
>Second run (Kusarigama ninja build)
17 deaths. Probably closer to 30 if I count the times Quick Change has saved me, but the game doesn't count them.

Both runs were on a fresh NG. Good improvement. The kusarigama is so fun that I don't think I can go back to 1kat again.
>>
File: we all have autism.png (166KB, 491x367px) Image search: [Google]
we all have autism.png
166KB, 491x367px
>>171456004
I wound up dying 27 times during my first run
>>
>>171457628
The bosses don't touch me at all, nue, white tiger, and the spider bitch didn't even pose a threat.

Those goddamn duel missions though. Besides the way of the samurai adept (I'm halfway through), those fuckfaces killed me in a few hits over and over.

The difficulty is a little wonky. Very rare to die in the mission, some bosses are balls to the wall. Never lost amirita though, always recovered.
>>
>>171443648
Fuck, spent like 5 million and got nothing
>>
/dsg/ anon here. Got $88 on PSN. Should I get it?
>>
>>171459368
Did you play the alpha or beta?
>>
>>171459412
Very briefly the beta, but, I played it at a terrible time. My Circle button was breaking, so, it was hard for me to enjoy any game. I got a new controller since then.
>>
Have a weird issue, I can't get explosive rounds out of my storehouse, says I have 33 rounds but when I try to retrieve them it says my inventory is full, but then in missions I have 0. I can restock bullets, arrows, and fire arrows just fine. I don't know what the deal is.
>>
Can you be a mage in NiOh, and if so, how long does it take? I'm a mage in all of the Souls games. So, I need to know. I can't stand melee combat in Souls games unless I need to just get a few quick hits
>>
File: yojimbo-OP.png (41KB, 291x283px) Image search: [Google]
yojimbo-OP.png
41KB, 291x283px
>>171456004
i think my first run was like 450 deaths, with about 400 of those being due to two bosses.
>>
>>171460124
You''d have to grind out Unlimited Onmyo on all your gears if you want to go pure mage. Otherwise, Omnyo is more of a supplementary thing in Nioh. It's great for casting buffs and debuffs and whatnot, but combat heavily revolves around the five available weapon classes in the game.
>>
>>171460430
Well shit, I don't think I'd like it then.
>>
>>171460124
>I can't stand melee combat in Souls games unless I need to just get a few quick hits
Why are you even playing these games?
>>
File: yojimbo-consider this.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yojimbo-consider this.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>171460634
not him, but maybe because he enjoys that unorthodox play style?
>>
>>171460634
Because that's how I like the games? I always have an estoc on me that's +10 in all 3 games, and Bloodborne, I used the Threaded Cane, but mostly magic. I haven't played Demon's, so idk how I'd fair there.
>>
>>171460757
You'd kill everything with magic easily because magic was ezpeezy mode in DeS.
>>
>tfw start getting gear better than the gold Nioh set and mark mask
pls no
>>
>>171464153
Why not just soul match or copy their appearance onto the other items?
>>
I've got
>Lightning 21
>Change to Attack (Stamina) A+
>Clome Combat Damage 20%
on my axe. Still got three more slots but I can't decide what I should have in them. What's the biggest number you can get on block% on a weapon?
>>
>>171464214
Because I wasn't aware those were options. I'm guessing that's accessed through the blacksmith shop?
>>
when you get Shikisen Luck Rite, is passive skill and itsays it raises your luck.

does this luck bonus comes when you use [pre-request] luck bringer talisman, or is it always active even if you dont use or equip the talisman

[same question for all passive skills that comes after a active weapon/ninjitsu/onmyo skill]

i keep investing on them but never use the pre-request.
>>
>>171464653
Yes.
>>
steel talisman or protection talisman?
[i am playing a ninja with the rabbit spirit]
>>
>>171458360
>Those goddamn duel missions though.
I'm kinda proud I managed to finish the mission where you fight both the warrior of the east and the west at the same time on my 3rd try with axe build
>>
>>171464861
>i am playing a ninja with the rabbit spirit
neither

otherwise, protection
>>
>thought of a cool ninja build that can deal gorillions of damage with actual effort
>can't find any Axe revenants

I'm going to make an Axe build out of spite. What an underrated monster of a weapon.
>>
File: IMG_0786.jpg (22KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
22KB, 320x283px
>Unusual armor, Takezo's headband and Obsidian Samurai's Sword with Pirate Bun hairdo

I fucking love refashioning
>>
>>171467785
Unsual armor is the best fit for William.
>>
File: IMG_0836.jpg (47KB, 768x1086px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0836.jpg
47KB, 768x1086px
>>171468282

>The look suits William well

I mean, they're not wrong
I wonder if William had an equipment set, what would it be and what would it do? I'm guessing full Youngblood or Unusual set with 1kat and the effects include Saoirse. What's the sword he uses in some cutscenes like the end one with John Dee?
>>
How do you make heavy set work especially if your weapon is not an axe? I always get tired when I'm using raging bull or warrior of the east.
>>
>>171469089
Doesn't he have a full version of the Unusual Armor without the yukata in the opening sequence when he was standing on top of a cliff with Hanzo and Okatsu?
>>
Are weapon drops based on what you're already using?

Been wanting to try a different build but i keep getting 1h katana drops, not to mention i have a ridiculously good one already (A- heart scaling)
>>
File: IMG_0813.png (548KB, 540x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0813.png
548KB, 540x536px
>>171470056

That's actually the veteran set, which would look awesome if it didn't look like it was dragged out of a burning wreck

>>171470598
Pretty sure it's completely random aside from what type of enemy you're facing
Speaking of which, why in the holiest of shits does a large amount of weapons need a great centipede's gang? Fuck that guy and his level
>>
>>171470598
It's completely RNG based I think. You're better off crafting or picking up the weapon class you want from Revenants.
>>
Strategist armor without the helmet is my favorite looking set.
>>
>>171472007

Sorely underrated. Looks great with 2kat
>>
>>171446181
Yes, passives carry over unless it specifically says otherwise (e.g. axe damage to yokai)

Mystic arts do not carry over
>>
How do I get more whetstones?
>>
What exactly is it that insta-stuns Yokai with Kusa's low stance?
Is it just that way or am I hitting a "headshot" with the chain?
Because its a broken as fuck capacity.
>>
>>171475859
Yeah if you break their horns by hitting the head they get insta stunned
Same with cyclops' eye I believe
>>
>>171460634
Well, other than BB, Souls games don't really have good combat systems so I can see his point. They are serviceable for the game at least.

Though in the case of Nioh, it doesn't really apply. I swear that people keep thinking they are comparable simply because they see a ki bar in the UI, because it plays nothing like a Souls game.
>>
>>171476857
>because it plays nothing like a Souls game
Well, you certainly CAN play it like a Souls game.
>>
>>171435393

What's the kind of stuff you wish you could've known before starting?

>Do not throw away Purple/Blue Traits on weapon naturally
>Prestige Points can be re-done
>Beat the story for NG+ for better stuff
>>
is the ice bitch and Tachibana as hard as this game gets without taking 2v1 boss fights into account ?
>>
Water sword or windstorm?
>>
>>171480296

Just how good revenant farming, flux, Iai stances and 1kat in general is
Also speak to Tome and Muramasa a lot
>>
>>171480410

Memeshiggy is actually pretty easy for a human boss

Now Yumi is actually a cunt who spams AoE attacks nonstop whenever you get close and after you dealt damage she does her teleports behind you grab spam

Also, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
R
E
E
E
E
E

Hanzo you manlet piece of SHIT why did you drop me your armor text the first try but now won't fucking drop the weapon smithtext
>>
What is your favorite

>Weapon (doesn't have to be for the stats)
>Armor set (same as weapon)
>Guardian spirit
>Boss battle
>Boss theme
>Mission
>NPC
>Gesture
>>
>>171481818

>Club Sword
>FrontLine Chest(Only piece that gives you muscles visible)
>Kato OP
>Nue First Try
>Muneshige's?
>Demon King
>Tome is Best waifu
>Nioh's ok Emoji stance
>>
How the fuck do you make ninjutsu worth using? What sets and skills should be used? I can't seem to get any decent damage out of it.
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Can't decide on a specific weapon, but kusarigama is my favorite type.
>Armor Set
Iga Ninja
>Guardian Spirit
Kara-Jishi
>Boss battle
Dojo duels in general are the height of fun for me.
>Boss theme
Yuki-Onna's theme
>Mission
Hard to say. Demon King Revealed has a very climactic feel to it, so I guess that one.
>NPC
Okatsu, no doubt. tfw no transformation for her
>Gesture
Fire

>>171482365
Whatever you do, get Blinding Shells and Quick Change. They are the best skills Ninjutsu offers. After that, it doesn't matter too much and comes down to personal preference. I'd go for maximum amount of Kunai and some Poison shurikens. You also want the ranged damage mystic art for Ninjutsu once you get it and any equipment with the Ninjutsu Power and Unlimited Ninjutsu abilities. Finally, the Iga Ninja set offers a great bonus to ninjutsu power, making it key to running a good ninja set.
>>
>>171481818

Sozasa Monji (Nobunaga's sword) is pure sex
Unusual Armor, but with Ronin's Hat
Either Kato or Itokuri
Giant Toad (its pronounced Giant Toad)
White Tiger's theme
Iga Manor or Sekigahara
Fuku's thighs
Shoo!
>>
>>171480446
Anyone?
>>
If you guys need it I used someones video walkthrough and wrote down the location of all locks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19cnQfHpl_sonnsEZBILrt1l79rCurkYNOnVRZeieZSI/pubhtml
>>
>>171483878
Depends on the situation, obviously
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Shiranui/Oni Sakon's Spear
>Armor
Japan's Bravest or Yatagarasu. Ogress mask over any helmet
>Guardian Spirit
Tengen-Kujaku although I've never used it, Kato OP
>Boss Battle
Giant Toad/Shima Sakon
>Boss Theme
The human samurai boss theme same as great centipede
>Mission
Iga Escape
>NPC
Nekomata
>Gesture
High Five
>>
File: 1425710011916.jpg (20KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1425710011916.jpg
20KB, 392x243px
>Just start playing
>Get to Deep in the Shadows
>Get to the wall with eyes
>Bow to it
>It attacks me

I could've sworn I saw a webm of some guy bowing to it and it not attacking him during the beta that let you do this mission
>>
so I got to dkr on way of the strong and summoned some help for the boss rush. This guy took 0 damage from the few hits he took as a taunt and literally one-hit every boss including the orochi heads, striking for 70-100k damage per hit. This isn't possible with +10 gear right? like he was save-editing or something?
>>
File: IMG_0325.jpg (29KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.jpg
29KB, 312x445px
>>171485674
>>171482170

What makes Kato so good anyway? I notice a lot of Ki bonuses when using her but I'm fond of Atlas. I also use Guardian talismans a decent amount for that knockdown.
>>
>>171486197
It will attack you, ignore you or go away depending on the type/color of gesture you use. There is usually a revenant around that died from using an a incorrect gesture, check which type it is so that you have a 50/50 chance of getting the right one.
>>
>>171483878
>>171480446

Windstorm does good damage, and is easier to pull off more often for how fast it is. Water Sword with a good opening pretty much ends the fight right there. Both are good skills, but I prefer water sword myself - you already have plenty of fast moves with 2kat that you can fit into most any opening anyway, you may as well have a strong "finisher" for when you've got a yokai on the ground / out of ki.
>>
How come this general is so slow?
>>
>>171487428
ded gaem
>>
>>171487428

People were done with their first play through before the game was out a week. Shortly afterwards people already had their shit maxed out. No new content yet / no PvP to keep the hardcore binge players interested.
>>
>>171487779

This and a slew of other vidya coming out in close succession as well. DLC and PvP will bring some back
>>
>>171486821
the bonuses are so good. I'm running a fanatics critical health build so the boost to ki, ki reduction critical, skill damage and combat damage is bonkers. Plus it does fire damage so I get even more from my Ogress mask
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Oni sakon spear? the gold one with the blue floppy thing

>Armor set
Big black boi's armour

>Guardian spirit
Butterfly

>Boss battle
Legs

>Boss theme
Legs

>Mission
Queen's Eyes

>NPC
Legs

>Gesture
"why"
>>
>>171486665
someone pls, I need to know if one-hitting every boss is possible, my 150 non+ weapons are so shit
>>
>>171488160
I hope so, Nioh is the first game in a while to keep my attention but i dont get to play it often.
>>
>>171486665
0 damage was probably because he used protection talisman. It's very possible to be able to one shot bosses and orochi heads.

What weapon type was he using?
>>
Saoirse is my name, you are freed from the archive
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Shiranui
>Armor set
Fanatics
>Guardian spirit
Kato/Suzaku
>Boss battle
First fight against real Muneshige
>Mission
DKR i guess.
>NPC
That 1 kodama
>Gesture
Roar
>>
>>171481818
Mononobe axe
Genji armour and warrior monk's hood
Atlas Bear
Hundred Eyes or Onryoki
Mitsunari boss battle music
Yukionna mission or Nue mission
Okatsu and Tome
Fan dance
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Oni Sakon
>Armor set
Warrior of the west
>Guardian spirit
Raiken
>Boss battle
White Tiger
>Boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsCXUuQcEc8
>Mission
Yuki Onna's mission, just because I really love snow levels and they go especially well with a samurai theme
>NPC
Okatsu
>Gesture
Tea time
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (96KB, 1440x1490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
96KB, 1440x1490px
>can't get Tenkai's robes

Explain.
I love the cosplay potential in this game btw. I'm making a separate file just to play as Honda Tadakatsu and go around helping people
>>
I wish there was a way to eliminate knockback.
>>
Gonna do a dick-ass ninja run using 2-kats and Kusarigama. What stances should I focus on?
>>
If I have Water +15 on a weapon and a close combat damage +28.9% while an enemy is electrified accessory, will that damage pull better numbers if I were to reforge for Lightning than what I'd get with Water's defense reduction when applied?
>>
>>171492687
the water debuff is definitely not 30% extra damage
>>
DLC better give more patronage options.
>>
>>171481818
>Looks: Kamedoshi Spear
>Looks: Vassal's/Sanada.
>Kara-Jishi.
>Ogress and Yuki.
>Humanoid duel BGM, like Yuki's.
>Ogress level, Honnoji, any of those lovely Yellow Turban-esque desert stages (I know they're the same layout, but Ginchiyo's Request/Demon's Daughter.)
>A tie between Mori Ranmaru's revenant and Nobunaga.
>Pledge Service/At Your Service.
>>
Hello /ng/

Sorry if this was asked before, but what is the name of the armor set that William is wearing in the library, the black and white one from the cover, is it in the game?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Anybody with an iga set want to suicide on Isle of demons for me? Two hours of Hanzo and I still can't complete the thing.
>>
>>171456004
Just finished my second run, I got two more deaths in the final mission thanks to the death room that I still struggle with. Final death count is 19 not counting the 15-25 times Quick Change saved me.

Still a major improvement over my first run, though. I don't know what the strategy for the death room in the last mission is supposed to be, so if anyone has tips on that so I can do it deathless, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>171481818
Onikiba or Tombo-kiri
Tatenashi
Kara-jishi, but Kato is statistically the best in the game by a landslide
Shima Sakon or Obsidian Samurai or any of the humanoid bosses, really
Okatsu's theme
this one is easy, The Ocean Roars Again
Tome
Shoo or ninja stars
>>
File: IMG_0840.jpg (20KB, 300x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0840.jpg
20KB, 300x487px
>>171493950

That's the Youngblood set, its medium and you can get the full set early on. It doesn't have a helmet because helmets get in the way of your fantastic hair
>>
>>171494786
Thanks anon
>>
>>171494786
>tfw been wearing the youngblood set ever since I farmed a full set off a dev revenant at the very beginning of the game
>never worn anything else except a brief stint around Region 2 where I wore the vassal set because it made me look like samanosuke akechi
>feel like a boring motherfucker because I've spent about a hundred hours beating NG and NG+ wearing youngblood and nothing else
it just looks too swag to get rid of
>>
>>171495995

All you need now is to have a water 1kat refashioned to Bizen den-Uchigatana, Saoirse as your guardian, default ponytail, nothing else equipped and you'll be the most canon fucker here
>>
How the fuck do I deal with the big thunder demon thing in the demon of mount hiei? It literally just one shots me with those lightning strikes every time.
>>
>>171496679

Stop wailing on it when it's out of stamina, it's recovery lightning attack has almost no startup and hits twice. Try this. There's a bell to the left of his arena as you enter, bait his lighting to hit it and it'll stun him for a good while. I think it only works once, though.
>>
File: big nob.jpg (358KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big nob.jpg
358KB, 1280x720px
>>171481818
>weapon
the Five Swords Under Heaven, I've spent about 12 hours in total farming for divine versions of each of them and I'm still missing the water one
>armor set
>>171495995
>guardian spirit
Itokuri, because why wouldn't you love a jumping spider with a tea kettle for a butt and helps you get sweet loot
>boss battle
Hino-Enma, because I spent hours in the beta learning how to style on her
still can't figure out why I can't parry her swoop dash in any mission except Deep in the Shadows though
>boss theme
White Tiger/Mitsunari, great melancholy theme
>Mission
Samurai from Sawayama, it feels like a mission straight out of Onimusha with the dilapidated haunted house feel
>NPC
Danjo is the best, especially that noise he makes when you roll a divine weapon
>gesture
fan dance, I just like swanning about spamming it when hosts are in menus or afk

nobunaga unrelated but always relevant
>>
>>171497057
I just noticed the mission name you mentioned. He's optional my dude. At least, I don't remember missing anything important by skipping him
>>
>>171497298

>Danjo

Is he the G-man of Nioh? He isn't Yokai, he sure as hell doesn't seem human, he can transport you and himself to some kind of pocket dimension and he implies that you can't actually 'see' him.
Just who, or what, is he?

On a side note, I like how he makes a reference to Yoshiteru, the dual sword mystic art boss, when you beat that sub mission on his stage
>>
>>171497337
You just miss out on a trophy. That's literally it.
>>
>>171497731
>Is he the G-man of Nioh? He isn't Yokai, he sure as hell doesn't seem human, he can transport you and himself to some kind of pocket dimension and he implies that you can't actually 'see' him.
>Just who, or what, is he?
He's a ghost. That's pretty much it.
>>
I don't get this.
Im comparing a soul match between two arm guards, all three items are purple
Material is lvl 30 Guard Armor headpiece
A level 15 Plate Armor (M) costs 30259 to upgrade
A level 23 Scout Armor (L) is costing 235738
I've soul matched the Scout one before but what is even happening
>>
>>171498574
>what is even happening
the fact you've soul matched it before is what

it jacks up the prices to unbelievable heights to the point where it's not worth it, you shouldn't be soul matching until you're getting divine gear
>>
>>171497731
Isn't he just like all the other dead people you talk to? A ghost of some kind.
>>
File: 1442767484370.png (140KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1442767484370.png
140KB, 368x368px
>you will never get that perfect yasakani to make your build truly complete

Tell me about it /ng/. For me it would be max rolls on Unlimited Ninjutsu, Ninjutsu Power and Damage to Poisoned Enemies. I don't even care what the other traits are.

reforging/crafting accessories when?
>>
>>171501583
The two ninja effects are probably mutually exclusive
>>
>>171503475

Nah, I've gotten them on purples.
>>
I think I just found a glitch that allows you to fly.

Have a host summon you back to a shrine while you are on a ladder, or in the action of climbing on to a ladder from above.
>>
>>171505520

Pls be true
>>
Do I need NG+ to farm the magatama that reduces set pieces by 1?
>>
>>171506902
try it, I wanna know if it can be reproduced
>>
>>171507224
no
>>
File: IMG_0031.jpg (70KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
70KB, 540x720px
>Fighting Moneyshiggy in way of the strong
>The Only Thing I Know for Real playing instead

We're reaching levels of crazy that shouldn't be possible
>>
>>171507368
that faggot will literally only do lais and his mad combo without charge
>>
sigh

I'm done with Toukiden. Didn't really have fun after playing Nioh either, sadly. I can positively say Nioh ruined Toukiden 2 for me.
>>
>>171507869

>Playing singleplayer MMOs
>Playing Grinding Hunter like games
>Playing games like they were intended to be Boring instead of letting you exploit it to the most fun

Knock that shit off already
>>
>tfw learning to perform backwave and tempest
There isn't a single human boss that can stop me now

1kat is pretty much the perfect counter offensive weapon
>>
File: 1453847188794.gif (599KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453847188794.gif
599KB, 360x270px
>>171507738

Exhilirating, isn't it?
>>
>>171509765

How? What is the secret of your power?
It looks so easy to use but I can never pull it off for whatever reason
>>
>>171509765
but its shit for pve
>>
>>171510247
it still dominates human enemies, the only thing it's subpar for is yokai

>>171510178
backwave is mid-stance only, you've just got to time your block right before their attack makes contact, you can practise it easily against basic bandits or low level revenants
tempest just requires you to hit block again immediately after you break their guard, whether by backwave or just depleting their ki, but the window of opportunity is pretty narrow
>>
File: 1347506429017.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1347506429017.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>171510247

>but its shit for pve
>>
>>171489218
>>171489218
katana and hand cannon. How is always hitting 70-100k possible? these weren't knockdown or killing blows, just default attacks
>>
>>171510660

>hit block again immediately after you break their guard

This is where I got confused, thanks anon.
>>
>>171510247
>can be used on any revenant or humanoid enemy in the entire game
>it's shit

w- what?
>>
>>171510660
I was disappointed to learn it doesn't work against any yokai at all. Haze works against small skeletons, but none of the defensive attacks work against yoki, one-eyed oni or big skellies. Also disappointed that bosses like Oni Mitsunari couldn't be parried at all.
>>
>>171508153
>instead of letting you exploit it to the most fun
you know nothing
>>
Finally beat both double boss fights in WotS. Nobu and his waifu was the hardest. Do any of these fights drop unique gear? Is it worth it to farm them?
>>
>>171511908
No unique gear that you can't get from each of their individual boss fights, but they each have a high chance of dropping +3 to +6 gear.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
This is without a doubt the only part of the story missions that I can't get down. Fighting one Kelley by himself is easy, but three at a time is really difficult. Sometimes one of them gets stuck walking into the wall and that's the only way I end up getting past it. Maybe I'm just bad, but I cannot find a chance to attack when all three of them are after me. Reminds me a lot of Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls but not quite as hard.
>>
>>171511908
>>171512036
*so yes it's worth farming them if you want that sweet sweet +10
>>
File: wnXzB.png (210KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
wnXzB.png
210KB, 500x283px
>unequip guardian to go for the no guardian title
>beat the level
>forget to requip my gaurdian
>die
>lose everything
>>
>>171512162
You can pull them 1 by 1. Go to the entrance and shoot the kelly tube on the left. Shoot him again to agro him. Kill him off and approach the one on the right very slowly without the third one on the back noticing you. I think I am going to make a webm of this soon to help me out.
>>
File: Nioh - 3kelly spin.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh - 3kelly spin.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>171512162
it's pretty easy to find some kind of cheese if you're having trouble
>>
>>171512162
I had some trouble there too. If you're on NG, Living Weapon will dispatch the one on the left easy enough and the amrita you get from him and smashing the tanks should sustain LW long enough to kill the other two.

A kind anon also helped me with NG+ the other day by telling me you can pull them one at a time by shooting the left kelley tank and running back to the gate and hiding behind the first amrita fiend tank to draw one over to you alone.
>>
File: Shira.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shira.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
Post you're weaponfus
>tfw blade spin costs 2 ki in critical
If only i could find a special effects (critical) yasakani magtama.
>>
>>171512348
>>171512445
>>171512489
Thanks for the input. I already beat the mission several times and even beat the following boss without dying, but I hate dying to that part. I ran a Kusarigama ninja build so I can't do the axe spin strategy, sadly, but the Living Weapon strat might work in the future.
>>
>>171512342
XD
>>
>>171512647

>160+10

Fuckin...how? I'm at Kinkai Region and I don't even have 150+2 yet?
>>
>>171513651
keep playing

eventually you can farm bosses that drop +5 weapons
>>
>>171512647

>Fire

Into the trash
>>
>>171513651
Farming DKR + Two kings mostly. I have like 100 or so +4-+6 equips in my storehouse.
>>
>>171513895
>he doesn't proc fire and water for crippling discord synergy
>>
>>171513909
>>171513865

Oh, right. I thought I was going in underpowered or something. Does the same apply to armor? I've almost got full divine tatenashi, I just need the helmet.
>>
>>171512647
What's the best element to have attached to a weapon? I assumed it was Water, but some people have told me Lightning is better.
>>
File: Ogress mask.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ogress mask.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>171513895
>not wearing best helm
>>
>>171511318
I feel like all the coolest and best moves only work on the weakest enemies. Damn shame.
>>
>>171514109
you understand how soul matching divines works, right?

you're not under the impression that he got a +10 as a drop or something, are you?

>I just need the helmet
it's probably better to dump stamina and use a lighter helmet so that you can get B agility

with yasakani you only need 4 pieces to get the full set bonus anyway

t. 99 stam gouged tatenashi tank with 74% final blow
>>
>>171514110
It purely depends on the kind of enemy you're facing and their weaknesses. Lightning has great general utility because it's like a renewable sloth and trivializes every enemy that isn't immune to it. Water is great because it reduces all defences, even elemental so statuses proc quicker. The only ones that are of dubious use are earth and wind, and these both have their place against bosses.

Basically there is no one given answer to the question of best element.
>>
>>171514110
whatever you're into

I prefer wind to both
>>
>>171514535
I see. Sounds like water fits my style best since I aim to defeat things quickly.
>>
>>171514750
>I aim to defeat things quickly
Then the element doesn't matter. Critical kusa build kills anything before you can even apply an elemental debuff.
>>
>>171514750
If that's your preferred style, you ideally want to be carrying two weapons, one with water and one with any other element. Try to proc water first so their defences are fucked, then switch weapons and proc your second element to trigger both elements as well as the Discord status. This lowers all of their defences even further, as well as draining all their ki and preventing them from regenerating it as long as Discord is active. Enemies' health just melts the second you land Discord.
>>
Got this game a few days ago. I'm really enjoying it.

That said, Umibozu and his area in general can eat a fucking dick.
>>
>>171515292
Umi-Bozu is super easy. His level and boss arena are bullshit though.
>>
>>171515292
That level is great though.

Umibozu is ezpz when you learn the tells for his deathbeam.
>>
>>171515117
I went through two NG runs and didn't know about the discord status. I'll need to keep that in mind.
>>
>>171512162
Here. For future reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0R-jGY358
>>
>>171515292
>>171515498
>>171515532

The area is not so bad once you learn it

Now Hanzo and his fucking little ninja house are just plain annoying and stupid

There's fucking corpses stuck to the ceiling how am I supposed to get those items anyway
>>
>>171515742
>Now Hanzo and his fucking little ninja house are just plain annoying and stupid
That level was fucking top tier, what are you on about? Sneaky ninja house was onimusha as fuck.

>There's fucking corpses stuck to the ceiling how am I supposed to get those items anyway
Have you not cleared that area yet? The room flips upside down when you get to the dead end.
>>
>>171515742
>>The area is not so bad once you learn it
No, it's still bad, especially in submissions. It's wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't randomly walk off to your death. Why can you save yourself from falling when you get hit into a hole, but not when you just walk into it?
>>
File: 1452009737005.gif (3MB, 192x144px) Image search: [Google]
1452009737005.gif
3MB, 192x144px
>mfw I am the only person in this general who likes Umibozu stage

It looks so pretty. All blue, watery, shiny.
>>
When the Yasakani Magatama drops, does it say Yasakani Magatama or just Magatama?

Does it have to be divine?
>>
>>171512162
uhm, I just 1 hit all of those

am I overleveled?
>>
I am at 74% Final Blow. Is there a way to go higher? I have king+sanada and FB stat on my sword. Can I get the effect on accessories to reach 100%? never seen it.
>>
>>171515735
Thanks mate.

>>171516482
I can't OHKO anything in the last region. It could be your equipment is better than what I used. What's your level?
>>
>>171516334
its alaways divine though idk if it says yasakani but is more aeasy to get it from the mission the demons daughter and you will farm gold aswell
>>
>>171516654
>What's your level?

>>171516659
>the demons daughter
Where is that?
>>
>>171516801
NG+ region 5
>>
>>171516801
I beat the final mission at Level 100 without using a divine weapon and some of my armor was outdated. You might be a tad overleveled.
>>
>>171516893
I only have 3 regions in ng+
>>
>>171516938
You need to complete more missions in NG+ to unlock the other regions. There is a mission completion bar on the bottom right corner in the map. If you are getting a little bored or tired remember to use Yokai Realm at the Tori gate you clear them all in co op. Its more fun that way.
>>
Anyone have a glitch like this? I can only hold 3 explosive rounds in my inventory, but when I go into a mission it shows I don't have any, even though they're there.
>>
Where the revs at /ng/? Isle of Demons dry as hell right now
>>
>>171517630
Everytime I pass >>171512162 I see a mini-graveyard. There's not as many people playing now, so there's going to be less revs anyway. You can depend on me to drop some, though.
>>
>>171516028
>It's wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't randomly walk off to your death
The ground doesn't just spontaneously open up beneath your feet. Watch where you're walking.
>>
>>171516252
it's probably the best level in the game
>>
>>171518795
Easier said than done when you are given little room to maneuver, portions of the floor and death are partially covered by water, and enemies are everywhere.

I beat it, but it was not fun nor fulfilling.
>>
>>171519508
Pretty much equally easy to say and do in my experience, but perhaps I had an easier time dividing my attention. Every time I died, I knew it was because I wasn't focusing on my surroundings enough.
>>
>>171516252
I like it. Only Kappa I failed to kill though. Speaking of which, I don't think i've seen a single Kappa in the second half of the game. The last one was probably in the level with the spider kettle, and I'm currently in the first level with Kelley tubes. What gives?
>>
>>171519629
In one of the sub missions in that level, there is a plank of wood with an item on it and just two sticks leading to it. You walk across the sticks to get it and a mini-umi-bozu pops out of the water and onto the plank with you.

I have excellent reflexes and managed to spin around and run back across the stick, miraculously not falling off of it, but at no point did that encounter feel fair.
>>
>>171520024
I feel like you're just trying to play into your negative reputation at this point.
>>
>>171520173
Da fug does that even mean? I'm not even the only one saying it. I just know how to like something while also acknowledging that it has flaws.
>>
am I shitter if I don't kill the optional Nue boss and come back to him when I'm a higher level ? I could see it'd take me all night to kill that faggot. killed white tiger in 3 attempts but that Nue in close quarters is insane.
>>
>>171520950
Nue isn't any easier at high levels, he's just less time-consuming.

Protip: attack his chest when it glows. This will be when he rears back to summon the four lightning bolts, and when he leans forward to breath lightning at you. When he breathes lightning, do a sprinting light attack just behind his left leg to hit the chest. Doing this will deplete his ki instantly, get a few quick hits in, then back off before he replenishes himself. Rinse, repeat, win.
>>
>>171521228

thanks for tips. appreciate ya
>>
>>171521437
No problem. Also, just to expand and clarify, be careful when hitting his chest during the four lightning bolt attack. Timing it badly will mean you get hit by a bolt the second you stop to attack him.
Also, backing off before he replenishes his ki is imperative, because he'll summon two bolts when he does; one on himself, and one that tracks your position, so don't get greedy with your hits while he's vulnerable.

Also, hold X to run around a lot while locked on, as it'll cause most of his attacks to miss you while staying focused on him.
>>
can you get the mask of shisenin kosen the you you fight for the arts of kurisagaarama
>>
>more than 1 post an hour
w-what's going on?
>>
How the hell does somebody have 1.6m glory contributed already?
>>
Been doing the bathhouse mission for the Yasakani magatama for an hour now to no avail

how long does this shit take?
>>
>>171516252
it's my favorite in the game

most comfy with best atmosphere by a landslide
>>
>>171522197
no
>>
>>171524958
apperently I do need to be ng+ contrary to what >>171507367 posted
>>
>>171524958
Are you doing the trick where you use the shrine to reset non-magatama drops?
>>
File: 1466818909445.png (248KB, 670x566px) Image search: [Google]
1466818909445.png
248KB, 670x566px
>>171524857
it seems that doing co op gives you a lot more than 1k glory
>tfw no ps+
>>
Dropped an inheritable +15% CCD kat on the left side of the rock at Isle of Demons+, I'm only level 128 though, so you might wana delvl if you wana farm them, kato is my GS.

There's a level 500 guy with only a kat equipped that has inheritable 20% CCD ki reduction beside me too.
>>
Anyone have an atagi sadamune with max CCD or Damage from behind?
>>
>>171526392
You could grab mine >>171526328 and pass it on to yours.
>>
>>171526328
that 500 guy just droped a 7.8% close combat atak ki reduction ..

also if i have a katana that doesnt have damage from behind and the i reforge that if i die will my revenant katana will have the damage from behind bonus?
>>
>>171526924
Thanks m8
>>
>>171527328
Weird, i killed him twice and got 20% both times. You sure it was the same guy? He was like 560 and naked aside from the sword.

>also if i have a katana that doesnt have damage from behind and the i reforge that if i die will my revenant katana will have the damage from behind bonus?
Nah, only the stats it had when it was first obtained will be on your revenant.
>>
>>171530428
Yes.
>>
>>171523326
There's an update coming by the end of the month followed by DLC and PVP in April, so Nioh is back to being somewhat relevant again in preparation for that
>>
i'm surprised this general is still alive with the lack of game updates and no pvp
>>
>>171532687
there's still a few of us who love the game enough to stick with it until it receives updates
>>
>>171532687
they're coming soon enough. i think the budget and time constraints made it so they just could not get stuff like pvp and the extra hard modes in in time. but at least they're releasing them now that the pressure is off. not many devs would even bother
>>
So can I craft armor like Gyousha and Yamabushi?
>>
>>171537387
nope. I think Gyousha drops from Hozoin and Yamabushi from Shisenin both fairly frequently
>>
>>171537142
At least we're getting them as a free update.
>>
Level 571 rev to the left side of the usual farm spot in Isle of demons with:
>15% CCD inheritable Kat
>24.9% bare hand dmg inheritable glove
And some shitty helm with 18 luck.
>>
>>171430507
bumping from page 9
>>
>>171537142
Can't wait to do this to people once PvP hits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoKXyAua0Jc
>>
File: 1469848832022.gif (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469848832022.gif
236KB, 500x500px
>>171543502
>that bow shot
>>
File: 1483564202789.png (139KB, 564x452px) Image search: [Google]
1483564202789.png
139KB, 564x452px
>tfw trying to forge a full +24% bare hand damage armor set
>>
File: 1443420181463.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1443420181463.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>171545606
>5 uninheritable 24% in a row
>>
>>171466931
thanks,
whats good for rabbit build,
my birth year in chinese calendar is rabbit so i want a rabbit build but i couldnt find any info about it.

i will welcome any help
>>
>>171481818
>>Weapon (doesn't have to be for the stats)
that disturbingly rare mage dual katanas
>>Armor set (same as weapon)
sanada
>>Guardian spirit
rabbit
>>Boss battle
2 kings
>>Boss theme
NA
>>Mission
bath
>>NPC
Fuku
>>Gesture
sorry
>>
>>171547775
people usually go for bat because it's only a little bit less ninjutsu power but with the addition of damage from behind, 19% infinite ninjutsu chance and final blow recovery

in any case, shadowround talismans are very good
>>
so.. I am using a red memelord build.. and I want something else.
The problem is that I like tripping my enemies and then stabbing them.

So what is a good weapon/armorset that allows a scrub like myself to deal massive damage?
>>
>>171548063
climb the ladder

red memon shitter -> 1kat kingo fucklord
>>
>>171532687
Eh, I haven't beaten it yet still. So many good games out recently to get in the way. For Honor, Yakuza 0, Nier (Well, Nier was bad but it still got in the way.).

But then everyone in the thread is talking high end build crap which is worthless for a guy who isn't even on NG+ yet lol.
>>
File: 1474850253493.jpg (149KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1474850253493.jpg
149KB, 1200x675px
>mfw Koei styles on From in the genre From fucking invented
lol get rekt souls
>>
>>171548879
b-but it's not as hard! Muh difficulty! Muh hollow validation!
>>
>>171547985
yes bat and kinkos armour seems like better choices for ninja but i just want to focus o rabbit but it seems she was only good when people had that unlimited power glitch
>>
how can i make +10 divines
best i have is +5
and i think to upgrade i have soul match a lower one with a higher plus, right
like a+1 soul match b+2 makes a+2
a+1 soul match b+3[4.5 etc] makes a+2 too
right?
so i can only upgrade one by one and need an item with higher plus
right?
>>
>>171551674
150 with +1 or higher = +1
+1 with +1 or higher = +2
+2 with +2 or higher = +3
+3 with +3 or higher = +4
etc
>>
iga jonin′s ninjyutsu dmg bonus works on the pill bonus as well or only bombs and stars?
>>
>>171551897
the damage bonus applies to everything

like melee weapons

that's kind of the point
>>
>>171551770
wow thats a life saver thanks
>>
>>171551674
You need to soul match other gear to reach the level of your current gear. In total 500 or so +1 are needed to reach a +10.
>>
>>171548879
>From invented
I'm not sure who you're trying to bait with this post.
>>
>>171551986
but it says "ninjitsu dmg bonus",
i dont think there are ninjitsu weapons, are there?!?
or in pills case it is not directly giving damage just boosting dmg
>>
Just beat NG for the first time. I'm level 115. Should I level up/farm gear before jumping into NG+?
>>
>>171552087
just go and do higher lvl missions in the youkai realm
>>
>>171552059
it means it's a damage bonus that scales off of ninjutsu power

like familiarity damage bonus is a damage bonus that scales off of familiarity

there's a damage bonus for wearing less armor
there's a damage bonus for how heavy your equipload is
etc
>>
>>171552087
Your level is fine, just kill some revenants on the beach on NG+ Isle of demons for a decent weapon and some armor to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>171552059
it doesn't scale up the damage from power pill...

kusarigama scales with dexterity, so it might as well be a ninjutsu scaling weapon
>>
>>171552268
thanks
>>
>>171525416
>Are you doing the trick where you use the shrine to reset non-magatama drops?
yes

Do I pick up divine magatama or do I have to wait until it says Yasakani Magatama?
>>
>>171554567
same to me
did it for a pretty long itme,
first i had some different drops a couple of times but then it was always some purple Fan
luck 200+
>>
>>171430240
>Dojo-Gi in Game play
please put that in DLC
>>
okatsu dropping any smithing text?
>>
Is farming trail of the master really the best way to farm yasakani magatama? Seems shit.
>>
>>171557812
it IS shit

never going to do it again
>>
>>171558387
Oh shit just got one on my ~7th run.

I changed to my +luck with living weapon acc + bunny on the 5th run and got it in 2 attempts with 366 total luck using living weapon. Probably just a fluke though, I'll see how long it takes to get one again.
>>
>>171558620
The funny part is that i didn't active LW on the 3rd search, so i only had 140 luck when the Yasakani dropped, if that means anything.
>>
>>171558792
what did the drop say?

Magatama or Yasakani Magatama?
>>
Is there a spot to grind revenants with +10 gear?
>>
>>171564213
>+10

nigga revenants will always drop their gear +0
>>
>>171564523
and with whatever special stats it originally dropped with, correct?
>>
>>171557812
So I just started to farm for this yesterday... read online / historical threads, and saw that A Request From Ginchiyo was the best way to farm it. Very quick run if you bypass everything (and pretty quick killing stuff as well...)

Second run I got it... ha! Question tho, stats vary on this thing, right? I could farm more and find one that has better stuff on it?
>>
>>171569641
answer this pls >>171562423
>>
>>171570051
I assume everyone here is referring to the referenced here - Yasakani Magatamahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6MibtT1Kw

Or, what do you mean? The quests never say you'll get that specific item, just a legendary quality accessory.
>>
>>171570324
When you do the 3 accessory farm method in the bath house you get 3 chances to pick up accessories.

Omomori Charm
Poisoned Omomori Charm
Fire Omomori Charm
Fan
Magatama

etc. in varying quality. Am I cheating myself out of chances if I don't pick up divine quality Magatama or does the item specifically have to be named Yasakani Magatama?

I don't know how to word this any more clearly.
>>
so how high can go the elemental damage on a weapon i reforged fire +20 on my max famil. kat and then +22water
>>
>>171570703
Yasakani Magatama and Magatama are 2 different things, just like how Magatama and Fans are different things.
>>
>>171570703
>>171572415
Ahh, now I see your question, and this guy answered it I think. This specific accessory is in it's own class than all the others (both in how great it is. and "what it is").
>>
>>171548879
It really didn't though. Maybe if they had kept up the challenge from the demos, but they didn't.

The combat can be a bit of fun, and I like switching through the stances but their are just too many useless or overlapping skills. Also having so many spells and such and not having a quick menu for them all was a mistake.

It was good in it's own way, but I still think BB is better. I think Nioh is better than DaS3 through.
>>
>>171572724
Having only 8 inventory quick slots is a real pain / chore if you're playing magic / ninja as main.

Not a complaint, but there's also a million ways to break the game, leading to lower difficulty.

However, it's still more enjoyable for me than the souls games... idk why, likely cause I'm a casual?
>>
>>171573071
I am not even talking about broken mechanics. I am talking about them lowering the challenge even between the LC demo and release, such as taking out a bunch of enemies.

The only things that still feel satisfying are the Tengu.

I rate this like this:
DaS1 > DeS >= BB > Nioh > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2
>>
>>171572724
>I still think BB is better
only by level design and trash enemy variety

bosses are more fun in nioh to fight
>>
File: William-sama.png (704KB, 535x931px) Image search: [Google]
William-sama.png
704KB, 535x931px
Post William
>>
Is it just me or does sprinting seem like a much more viable strategy than dodging most bosses?
>>
>>171574052
Nah, the bosses in Nioh are push overs or feel cheap. The Oni feel easy as hell, and I had more issues with the regular, large spiders than the spider boss, which I beat in one try. The samurai bosses, such as the warrior of the west guy, just outright cheat.

Bosses in BB are actually pretty fun and consistent if you don't use broken gems (just like not using broken tactics in Nioh to steam roll).
>>
File: _20170320_125840.jpg (103KB, 663x968px) Image search: [Google]
_20170320_125840.jpg
103KB, 663x968px
>>171574549
Full beard with pirate bun for the way
>>
>>171570703
I don't understand why nobody's been able to give you a straight answer on this.

You are looking for an item specifically named "Yasakani Magatama". A divine item simply named "Magatama" will just be a divine version of the same kind of accessory you spent NG picking up.
>>
>>171572415
>>171572662
>>171578132
yep, thanks

finally got it in ng after about 90 minutes of farming
>>
there he goes again

thinking anybody cares about his trash opinions
>>
>>171580058
live thread giving live advice for live results
>>
So I just finished the main story for the first time, please help answer a few questions.

So that enemy general, i think he was called sakon, is still alive? Whats the point?

Okatsu called me a heartless rogue like all other samurai, is it possible to romance her or is it her default reaction?

Hanzo was about to kill me when we saved the world because people shouldnt know about these shenanigans that happened? what a bastard after all we did for him
>>
>>171582510
Another few;

Nobunaga just went ahead and rested again or where did he go?

Will we get an answer to who Kelleys master was?

He doesnt seem like the baddest boi in the hierarchy of evil
>>
>>171582510
The funny thing to me was that Hanzo watched William do all he did and thought he could still kill him.
>>
>>171582510
Hanzo wasn't about to kill you, he had been ordered to kill you once you weren't useful anymore, he actually thought about the order when it came time to fulfil it and decided not to follow, theres a big difference.

Also keep playing, you aren't finished with the story just yet.
>>
Is there just a tad of bias in favor of 1kat builds? I get strong katanas thrown at me by the truckload but have to hunt down other weapons. Thinking of making a 1kat build just due to all the easily obtained options.
>>
>>171582510
Shima Sakon was a real person. He was one of Mitsunari's generals in real life, and his body was never found after the battle of sekigahara. Nioh just put a spin on it by playing it off as him going into hiding and disappearing anonymously. The same goes for Yasuke, who disappeared after Nobunaga committed seppuku IRL and was presumed dead.

Okatsu always reacts that way, but it seems possible that she's going to have further character development in the DLC. Her name is quite close to the name of the japanese woman the historical William Adams married.

Hanzo was following the orders of Ieyasu. He had to oblige, because refusing would have been severely dishonourable. He risked having to commit seppuku by lying to him about William being dead.

>>171582764
Nobunaga goes and chills with his wife. You've unlocked a fight with both of them at the same time.

Yes, you will. Play The Queen's Eyes.
>>
>>171583871
>>171583871
how is it possible that I completely forget hanzo turning on willy? I only recall them being best of friends. Can I get a tl;dw on that cutscene?
>>
>>171582972
>>171583410
>>171583871

Alright guys thanks.
I noticed how the events were based on history, thus having sakon survive is pretty cool.

Hanzo went as far as drawing the blade when we were reunited with saoirse, so he strongly considered it i believe.

Ieyasu still was fine with having william survive, considering he laughed for the first time when he said hanzo was a bad liar.

I see, thanks regarding Okatsu.

I just finished the fight where i have to defeat both kings and i do have one main story and the mission with what i assume is nobunaga and yuki onna.

So we can expect some further developement with okatsu? nice
>>
>>171584089
Ieyasu orders Hanzo to kill William because all influence of foreigners and evidence of the spirit stones must be erased. After saving Zipangu and killing Kelley, Hanzo approaches and William turns his back on him walking away and Hanzo sheaths his sword. He returns to Ieyasu and lies saying he is dead. Hanzo retains bro status.
>>
>>171584089
He doesn't turn on him, as such. Ieyasu orders him to ensure that the world never learns what happened with the spirit stones. As a master assassin, Hanzo only has one way to interpret that order. He draws his blade on William after you beat Orochi, but he's clearly hesitant to actually finish the job since William talks him down by telling him he plans on disappearing.
>>
>>171584450
Probably should have spoilered some of that, sorry. Don't read if you haven't finished NG.
>>
>>171583869
bias in terms of volume of weapons, yes. In regards to outright game breaking? I think Kusarigama ends up being the craziest for solo-ownage.
>>
>>171584725
I've heard that but after 2 regions with Kusa I still don't like it so I'm gonna call it quits with it rather than keep forcing myself
>>
>>171584089

yeah as mentioned already ieyasu is like "you know what you need to do right" after telling hanzo nobody must know about what happened.

hanzo then talks to william just after he killed kelley, asks him what he wants to do and with william casually walking away saying hes out hanzo sheathes his sword and lies to his lord saying anjin is dead.

ieyasu doesnt believe him though
>>
>>171584926
I'm just referencing a ton of Coop over the last week or so... I've been in awe of these jerks with Kusa, the constant LW, and sprinting & killing through level 310+ missions..
>>
>>171585306
I can't deny it's powerful. Something about it just doesn't click with me. Feels like I'm using a midget sickle tied to a testicle.
>>
>>171585471
Ha, I am still rolling with 1kat, at level 220 or so... I was going to fuck around with magic next (get that maxed out) before I get around to respecing and trying different weapons.
>>
>>171585471
Have you tried the blade spin skill? It's a game changer for the kusa
>>
>>171585685
Magic is game breaking for sure. On my axe build I got enough onmyo to get the carnage/steel/weakness/sloth combo and after that it was a spin or two for each boss.

>>171585708
I don't know, I'll look next time I'm on. I'm gonna keep the build but the future just isn't looking bright. Shame because the kusa is such an interesting weapon
>>
>>171585982
It's a good skill and with the sickle damage mystic art it does quite a bit. Even when I'm not in critical if all 3 hits connect it does like 6k damage. I like it because I prefer attacks that feel like they have weight behind them. Which sucks because most are just throwing the chain around, I probably wouldn't use the weapon otherwise.
>>
What can I do with smithing material when i just finished the story -> dont have any armor worth reforging/investing in

i have 999 of the big ghoststones and i cant disentchant stuff without it going to waste
>>
File: william-adams-1.jpg (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
william-adams-1.jpg
16KB, 300x250px
>barber option
>can't look like the OG willy
>>
File: 1488543080983.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1488543080983.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHOjEx-UTo

Where the hell does this play?
>>
Anybody got CtA Gozutenno's Axe for me to complete me being overpowered?
>>
I'm lost in the mansion. I feel like I've cleared most of the map and unlocked like 3 shrines..
>>
>>171592584
>I'm lost in the mansion.
Watch the first 20 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEsoxXuDDI
>>
File: obsidian2.jpg (339KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
obsidian2.jpg
339KB, 2048x1152px
>>171590545

Something like this? I think only the CtA was originally on it, you'll have to reroll everything else.
>>
>>171592584
okay Luigi....
>>
>>171595397
>Something like this?
yep

even the wind damage is 1 off from perfect
>>
The smithing text for Oda's sword drops from his dual boss mission right? I don't have to go through Azuchi for it? I just got one with CTA Heart on it and I think I'm in love
>>
>>171597497
Yes, I farmed both pieces from the dual boss fight.
>>
File: 1489223229354.png (91KB, 526x532px) Image search: [Google]
1489223229354.png
91KB, 526x532px
>>171597579

Thank fuck
>>
>>171597438

Down on the beach, Isle of Demons NG+.
>>
>>171598229
haven't found you so far

I'll keep looking
>>
File: 1489868855027.gif (1MB, 150x267px) Image search: [Google]
1489868855027.gif
1MB, 150x267px
Are the mission levels in Nioh suggestions your character level to tackle them?
>>
>>171598229
>>171598542
if you were yimmyyones I saw you once, but now you're gone again
>>
>>171599020

Just keep refreshing every 5 minutes or so. Go into the summon visitor option in the shrine and wait for the "connecting" to finish.

I've got nothing to do so I'll just leave the grave for awhile.
>>
>>171598994

Honestly, I don't know the correlation. I'm at 130 and I've been tackling missions at 200+ just fine. Someone mentioned in the past it's to do with the level of the enemies themselves?
>>
File: 1462970396777.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1462970396777.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>171599150
got it

tanks sempai
>>
>>171599241
Alright thanks
>>
>>171595397
weird, instead of familiarity bonus I got bonus dmg from less armour (kinda useless on heavy armour)

and I can't reforge that one either cause it's inheritable
>>
bampu
>>
I hope they add some way to reroll charms. Getting ones with specific skills for a build is real pain in the ass. I've run Trail of the Master at least a hundred plus times now.
>>
>>171605549
I feel like I really got lucky there, got both my divine magatama and yasakani magatama with some decent rolls and unlimited omnyo which is on all my armour and I got them both with zero farming.
>>
not yet
>>
Both of mine are relatively decent. Enough to where I can stop farming, I just really wanted one with Special Effects (critical). It just sucks they have to make jump through hoops to get them. I would have been totally okay with having the option to buy them with glory from the teahouse
>>
>>171610405
meant for >>171609784
>>
>>171572724
Well BB is head and shoulders above every other Souls, too, to be honest.

That said, Nioh having an actual framerate AND load times that aren't trash makes a convincing argument.

The Nioh demo was terrible though.
>>
>>171572724
>love souls
>play nioh for 200 hours
>go back to bloodborne, easily the fastest paced souls game in the series except for maybe DeS, maybe
>gameplay feels slow as shit with the added bonus of a silky smooth 25 fps after being used to 60
>weapons don't have a 3rd of the moveset utility/variety of weapons in nioh
>when weapons in bloodborne are the most fleshed out in the series
>keep seeing this fucking stupid tripfag coming into the general to complain about the game being too easy because there were like 3 more enemies placed in Isle of Demons during the alpha

just fuck off already
>>>/dsg/
>>>/bbg/
>>
>>171612326
>replying to lucy
>ever
>>
Is there any rhyme or reason to reforging? As in if I reforge a cta does it have more chance of reforging into the cta I want?
>>
>>171613217
Nope. It just rolls for any other bonus in the same category.
>>
>>171613362
Fug. I get why people are using the cloud save method then.
>>
giant Toad killed me about 30 times now, any tips before I start using my game disc as a drink coaster?
>>
>>171481818
Kaido Axe
red demon everything except head(aesthetics)
Atlas bear
Muneshige
Yuki-Onna and Mitsunari
The one that has Ogress at the end
Kintoki
The Roar and the Laughing ones
>>
I have a question, if swords scales with Heart how come I get a lot more damage on them when I raise Skill? i'm at 100+ and if I put a point in skill (which is like over 50) I get +3+3+3+3 or thereabout on all my weapons, but when I raise heart, i get like +1 on sword.

What am I missing?

If I use book of reincarnation, I don't loose anything right?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>171616468
Sloth
>>
>>171481818
>Kaido Axe
>Samurai General, swapping the helm for Onryoki Kabuto
>Toss up between Raiken, FishWaifu, and Shinka
>Muneshige or Nobunaga
>White tiger's theme, sad themes are great
>Sekigahara, its a short level but the two bosses are both pretty fun to fight
>Kintoki or Tome
>Fan dance or sudoku
>>
>>171617102
it rounds the number so sometimes it looks like a stat will give you more even though it has a lower scaling letter than another

compare the damage over 5 levels between the two stats instead of a single point

heart will scale better, but if you're planning on stopping at a certain level and only want to put in one more level, then sure, go for the stat that will give you the highest return for that level

>If I use book of reincarnation, I don't loose anything right?
nope
>>
Does Fuku not wear any panties ?
@_@
>>
>>171619731
Not when she's in bed with me.
>>
File: 1462317947373.png (39KB, 292x244px) Image search: [Google]
1462317947373.png
39KB, 292x244px
There, it is done. I beat every mission in NG+

135 hours, level 227, 304 deaths, all titles (despite it showing 99.6%), and a big ol' Platinum trophy on top.

Now what?
>>
>>171619653
Thanks anon.
>>
>>171620031
>99.6%
Git gud
>>
>>171612326
I feel like the weapons are a lot deeper in BB, honestly. Most of time in Nioh, I am spamming triangle 4 times followed by two triangles in mid-stance or just blocking and tapping triangle in high stance. Other moves exist, but there is hardly any reason to use them.
>>
>>171620776
What the hell is the last title? I have all the listed titles for both categories.

Also whats the best way to farm up more Amrita Sake? Might as well go for level cap while waiting for new content and the DLC.
>>
>>171620792
>Most of time in Nioh, I am spamming triangle 4 times followed by two triangles in mid-stance or just blocking and tapping triangle in high stance.
This is already significantly more depth than any weapon in Bloodborne.

It's also indicative of how shitty your playstyle is.
>>
>>171620792
>it's the game's fault that I spam the same move over and over again even though there is a huge skill tree for every weapon, 3 stances and a plethora of options
>Bloodborne weapons are deeper even though they have objectively smaller movesets with significantly less options

nice dude
>>
>Bloodborne has a completely unnecessary second quick menu outside the D-pad wheel
>Nioh gives us more bombs than we will EVER throw and fucktons of spells and shit with just 7 slots
Dammit Koei rip off Soles better
>>
>>171621647
I don't know, I'm just fucking with you. I just beat Nue (barely) with an exploit
>>
>>171622047
>This is already significantly more depth than any weapon in Bloodborne.
False

>It's also indicative of how shitty your playstyle is.
Also False. If my playstyle was shitty then it would not be as effective as it is.

>>171623057
Yeah, I wanted them to rip off the D-Pad Menu for Talismans.
>>
>>171623660
>false
Explain how bloodborne's weapons have more depth.

>also false
You can beat DMC "effectively" by playing it like a souls game where you chip away at enemies' health without ever leaving the ground, but it's still a shitty way to play the game.
>>
File: skills.webm (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
skills.webm
2MB, 700x394px
>>171623904
>You can beat DMC "effectively" by playing it like a souls game where you chip away at enemies' health without ever leaving the ground, but it's still a shitty way to play the game.

It's not shitty if it beats the enemy, and you are enjoying yourself. Going for style is actually less efficient. You only do it when you are playing for fun.
>>
>>171624198
Effective != efficient, efficiency isn't pertinent to the matter at hand.

Address the other matter of how Bloodborne's weapons are deeper than Nioh's mechanics, please.
>>
>>171624198
>going for style is actually less efficient
so the most efficient combo is the best indicator for depth?

if that's the case, then bloodborne has already lost by your own reasoning because nothing is more efficient than saw spear l1 spam
>>
I'd rather this general just died than fucking lucy keeping it alive by acting like his opinion is worth something just because he has a tripcode
>>
bmup
>>
>>171624390
>producing a decided, decisive, or desired effect
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/effective

>productive of desired effects; especially : productive without waste

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/efficient
>>
How naive I was to expect Luci to stick to the Soulsborne generals

And of course, he only shitflings rather than discuss the game
>>
>>171626240
So you've just abandoned your point about BB having deeper weapon mechanics than Nioh in favor of arguing something that has already been acknowledged as irrelevant?
>>
>>171624390
>>171626856
>>Address the other matter of how Bloodborne's weapons are deeper than Nioh's mechanics, please.

You made the claim that Nioh's weapons are deeper. The onus of defending that claim is on you. An assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>171627026
You originally asserted that Bloodborne's system was deeper with no further elaboration, instead opting to make a single hyperbolic statement about Nioh's system. The burden of proof rests on the original claimant.
>>
>>171627285
No, the original claim is here:

>>171612326
>>weapons don't have a 3rd of the moveset utility/variety of weapons in nioh
>>
>>171627540
Well, how is he wrong? Nioh has branching movesets for each stance, of which there are three, with various different options to set for them and several moves that allow you to string together attacks between stances. Bloodborne has at most a three hit combo that you can cap off with the trick attack, or alternatively with a heavy attack if you're using one of a few weapons.

So how is Bloodborne deeper?
>>
>>171627540
>bloodborne weapons don't have a 3rd of the moveset utility/variety of weapons in nioh

What's to argue? That's a fact.

I mean, more expansive movesets with more utility and variety doesn't necessarily mean deeper, but it sure as shit doesn't help the opposite case whatsoever.
>>
>>171628736
>more expansive movesets with more utility and variety doesn't necessarily mean deeper

what am I saying? it really does
>>
where can i find the option to make my helmet invisible?
>>
>>171629045
Game options and shit.
Last selection on the far right of the menu.
>>
>>171628736
>more expansive movesets with more utility and variety
That's not the same as "more moveset utility/variety," i.e. more utility and more variety in the the movesets.
>>
>>171629446
>>171620792
>I feel like the weapons are a lot deeper in BB, honestly
Can you back this up now instead of dodging the question?
>>
>>171629446
you're playing around with semantics because you don't have an argument
>>
>>171629639
I am playing with semantics because you don't have an argument and whenever you are called on it, you just trying to shift the burden or just pretend to be someone else (as you will no doubt do in reply to this).

Like I said, an assertion made without evidence can too be dismissed without such.
>>
>>171630813
Here is an argument for Nioh having a deeper weapon system: >>171628205

Please make your long overdue case for Bloodborne having a deeper weapon system, as you yourself claimed in >>171620792.
>>
Do clan bonuses carry over week to week or do you start over? Wasn't paying attention and I'm at +44% ki regen speed with Shimazu
>>
>>171631286
It lasts for the duration of the next clan battle after the one in which you won the bonus.
>>
so the fox helment cant be obtained by revenants? i killed a revenant with that hat 3 times and i got all his gear but the hat
>>
>>171630813
What evidence do you need for obvious claims? Do you need to backup statements like "43 is greater than 20" or "red is a color"?

Why is it any different for "Nioh's weapons have WAY larger movesets"?
>>
>>171631472
It can. You're just really unlucky.
>>
>>171631554
Prepare for him to provide no substantial response, if any, to >>171631205 while dismissing you with some flippant non-argument.
>>
>>171628205
>>171631205
That speaks nothing of utility, and almost every weapon in BB has it's own unique moveset, where as in Nioh ever weapon type is locked to the same one. Every 2Kat will play exactly the same as every other. Etc.

Like I said before, in Nioh, I find myself just using the same one or two options in every situation, where as that doesn't really carry over to BB. Hell, I use more options with the Hunters Axe alone in BB than with a 2Kat build in Nioh.

>>171631554
He didn't say they had a larger moveset. He said that the move sets in Nioh have more Variety and more Utility.
>>
>>171631796
You never said anything about utility. You argued that Bloodborne has a DEEPER weapon system.

Address that, please.
>>
File: 48dffebd6bbfbd.jpg (7KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
48dffebd6bbfbd.jpg
7KB, 224x217px
>>171631561
i knew it
>>
>>171631796
>He said that the move sets in Nioh have more Variety and more Utility
which is also an obvious claim

look at the skill tree and active abilities for any weapon, combine that with all three stance movesets and the mechanics that build upon ki pulse

you're not making any arguments
>>
>>171632041
>>171632041
>look at the skill tree and active abilities for any weapon, combine that with all three stance movesets and the mechanics that build upon ki pulse

Evey single iteration of the 2kat class of weapon has the exact same moveset as every other. That is not variety, and says nothing of utility.
>>
>>171632251
>>171631872
Address your statement that Bloodborne has a deeper weapon system.
>>
>>171632251
so Dark Souls 2 weapons are deeper than Bloodborne weapons because there are more of them with more R2 flavor?
>>
>>171632384
It doesn't matter if you have 2 weapons or 20 if they all play exactly the same.
>>
>>171621647
>whats the best way to farm up more Amrita Sake?
Trade glory for kappa shells and forge them. While running DKR you can pick up 1 in the chest inside the building where the dual sword yoki drops down from aswell.
>>
>>171632569
Elaborate on how Bloodborne has a deeper weapon system, please.
>>
File: 1486917496419.jpg (32KB, 622x344px) Image search: [Google]
1486917496419.jpg
32KB, 622x344px
>unironically responding to Luci
>>
>>171632914
At this point it's just entertaining to see how hard he can contrive to avoid his own argument.
>>
Does raising Spirit increase your damage in Living Weapon? Or does it just decrease the amount of charge needed to use LW?
>>
a second coming
>>
from the stories of magatama farming I'm still amazed one just dropped from onryoki when i was just dicking around it wasnt even way of the strong .

the stats aren't anything to write home about though.
>>
>>171636601
Yeah, I got a good one for DKR runs just by going through NG+ missions after an hour of farming and getting nothing.

That's RNG bullshit for you.
>>
>>171637396

I'm glad i have something to tide me over until i ever feel the need to hunt for the perfect statted one for whatever im trying to make.
>>
Fuck, just rolled 30% guard ki reduction and accidentally rerolled it, didn't even know that existed
>>
>Clan battle started less than two hours ago
>Toyotomi autists already have 3 million score
What the sweet fuck
>>
>>171641604
I need to swallow my pride and leave my shitty clan already
>>
>>171641691
Part of me wonders how effective the luck bonus for the pirate clan is.

It has to be fucking amazing considering how pirate armor tends to be hot garbage and set bonuses exist.
>>
>>171632037
most people cosplays it so even if they have fox, it is probably kodama
>>
>>171642189
refashioned gear doesn't show up disguised on revenants
>>
So now i have enough greens to go for a +10 set.

I play dual katanas only,
so should i go for
Sanada or Righteous Strategist

or something else?
>>
>>171642396
naruhodo...

well i have the fox had and i got it as a drop from revenants a couple of times, but never heard any one get it as a drop without having it in the begining.
>>
Just to be sure, can I have +25% item and equipment find on one chest piece? Got the 25% item find trait, want to make sure I can get 25% equipment find before I get started
>>
>>171642514
master swordsman 4 piece
with other stuff
>>
>>171642617
Master swords man looks too colorful for my taste but yea stats look neat...
>>
>>171642586
I'm a britfag so it's impossible for me to have it otherwise, but I've scored about three good fox kabutos and a bunch of lucky tanuki/visitor dragon kabutos from revenants.
>>
>>171642514
if you have access to sanada use that on all builds...
>>
>>171642703
im only talking about stats

get sign of the cross damage
then stack up some final blow with kingo and sanada or something
>>
>>171642719
cool, i assume you walk around with that tea pot spider all the time
>>
>>171642880
Coincidentally yes I do, but Itokuri doesn't actually seem affect revenant drops. It only grants luck and human item drop rate. Luck is redundant if you're killing revenants that only have divine gear equipped, and drop rates don't affect revenants. You'll get less loot from them if you're a higher level than them regardless of any drop rate boosts.
>>
>>171642879
but when i come to think of it i use moon shadow more often
>>
>>171643020
nah, i am definitely positive spider is good for revenants too.
or maybe placebo effect but still spider is good
>>
>>171643121
Spider good, but definitely placebo of revenant.
>>
File: Draked.jpg (178KB, 736x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Draked.jpg
178KB, 736x1036px
What are the best ninJUSTsu skills to invest in?
Is it worth pushing magic to 10 for sloth shit early game?
>>
>>171643723
yes, you cant get enough sloth

for ninja pills and resurrection trick are must
>>
Is this game good? I watched some videos i didnt like it. Should buy this or Persona 5?
>>
>>171644528
Why would you buy a game you don't like instead of one you do?
>>
>>171644528
buy the game with the videos you like...
>>
>>171516252
The BGM on his area is actually pretty calming. Good choice when first timers are popping neck veins left and right from drowning.
>>
so finally in NG+ i got a piece of armor with inheritable unlimited ammo, this means I can get inheritable unlim onmyo and ninjutsu so I can put it on all pieces?
>>
File: mon_256.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
mon_256.png
18KB, 256x256px
>>171641604

Kikkawa turns my elixir into a goddamn Panacea, I don't care if White constantly loses.
>>
>>171648201
Yes, I have all unlimited omnyo on my gear and it comes to 56%, ninjitsu goes higher I think.
4.9% is best roll, which turns into 5.4 at max.
>>
>>171648662

so can any possible effect be an inheritable?
>>
>>171648796
No, there are only a few really good ones for armour, the unlimited stuff, attack, luck and one or two niche ones such as running speed.
>>
File: Nioh_20170320191409.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170320191409.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
What a fucking shithole

>Storing all this shit

why.jpeg
>>
File: PlhggER54N4.jpg (48KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
PlhggER54N4.jpg
48KB, 604x453px
>>171651043
It's an exotic delicacy
>>
>>171642591
Yes, they don't conflict.
>>
>>171643121
If you want better loot from revenants then delvl to around 100-120. You will nearly always get 4 drops from most revenants you find in NG+ at that level.
>>
>>171643723
the 2 stealth ones
>>
>>171648958
Running speed is shit, it doesn't effect your dash speed.
>>
>>171648958
>not elemental damage reduction
>>
>>171643723
Sloth trivializes the game even more than it can be, only get it if you're a casul shitters.

The best ninjitsu skills are tiger running and quick change, power pills are weak and don't stack with carnage which is the objectively better dmg booster but they're ok if you want something extra to deal with mobs in maps like DKR for faster farming.
>>
>>171643723
blinding shells
>>
>>171653553
Bosses really should be immune to all debuffs aside from elemental.
>>
>40% less damage when under 30% hp
>less damage taken while attacking from dual swords
>10% less damage taken from Tatenashi set
>25% from spirit ally
>another 10% damage reduction while attacking from clan
How sturdy does this get?
>>
>>171653189
So should I reforge it off my pants and boots? What about dash endurance and evasion ki reduction?
>>
>>171654334
maybe there's a cap

there isn't for ki reduction though
>>
Do divine weapons deal more damage than purple/blue ones?
>>
>>171654432
>So should I reforge it off my pants and boots?
Yes.

>What about dash endurance and evasion ki reduction?
What would be bad about either of those?
>>
>>171654523
Thanks, I'll get rid of running speed. What are some stats to look out for when reforging them? My pants and boots already have evasion ki reduction, dash endurance, attack inherited, and amrita earned. They are Fanatics btw
>>
>>171481818
>Weapon
Bizen Osafune (solely apperance wise)

>Armor Set
Kingos Chest & Legs with Tengu Visor, Brawler arm guards and Heros foot guards

>Guardian Spirit
Itokuri

>Boss Battle
Ogress

>Boss Theme
Edward Kelleys

>Mission
The Ocean Roars Again

>NPC
Fuku (for the thighs)

>Gesture
Overjoy
>>
Keep playing Nioh or get Nier: Automata?

I'm at ng+, but haven't done much. Game isn't holding my interest very much anymore.
>>
so i just got to way of the strong and i just ran through the missions, which feels like a waste kinda.

but every enemy takes way too long for how shitty loot they give, and the grounddrops arent worth anything either

what do
>>
>>171655894
fight revenants for better gear for free

farm bosses for recipes

get your shit to +10
>>
>>171655743
You don't have to force yourself to play Nioh if you feel burnt out. Go have some fun with another game until you feel the urge to re play Nioh again.
>>
File: Nioh_20170321133931.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170321133931.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
What buff is this? I used a guardian talisman with Saoirse and as well as her water AoE she gave me two buffs, one was basically an extraction talisman but this one sticks around for ages and I still don't know exactly what it does.
>>
>>171657302
Improves your compass I think?
>>
>>171657785

Oh. That's pretty disappointing. Back to Atlas it is then.
>>
Irish Geralt
>>
>>171658335
Irish Geralt is way cooler than Geralt tbqh fampai
>>
so those samurais , ninja omnyi locks can be obtained in twots aswell?
>>
>>171659192

From mission rewards yes. I'm not sure about loot pickups.There's a finite amount so they can't be farmed.
>>
>>171660120
i mean after finishing ng can they be obtained again in ng+?
>>
if someone is interested i leaving my revenant with the lucky tanuki kabuto

isle of demos ng+
close to the big rock an boat
all naked lvl 157 only the kabuto is equiped
>>
>>171654334
>received damage from attack(critical)19.9% on chest
>2x critical effects enhanced by 19% accessory
>replace tatenashi with fanatics for an extra 50% critical effects enhanced
>be immortal
>>
>>171654880
Item/equip drop. You also want tenacity and shorten ki recovery time (out of ki) on 1 piece of armor each.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/edit#gid=1631213731

Here's a spreadhseet of all weapon/armor skills and their highest stats.
>>
>>171661735
the elemental damages ca go up til 22
>>
File: daBmCmp.jpg (29KB, 673x693px) Image search: [Google]
daBmCmp.jpg
29KB, 673x693px
>>171653942
>wanting yet another game where debuffs are pointless
Please no. I know debuffs actually being worth a shit triggers your autism hard but please understand; this is a wonderful change of pace compared to the usual scenario where the only option on the table is a piddly shit poison.
>>
>>171662159
Only on 160 weapons.
>>
>>171661469
>>replace tatenashi with fanatics for an extra 50% critical effects enhanced
good thought, thx
>>
1 more week till new content.

LIVE DAMN IT
>>
>>171667614
re they adding 3 more regions ? or just 3 missions
>>
>>171660290
Not as corpse pickups. There's a few WotS missions that give them as rewards.
>>
>>171616468
Sorry for the delay, but if you haven't beaten him yet, I'd love to co-op with you. Set a secret word and hit me back up if you're still having issues.
>>
>>171668132
new difficulty and a boss rush mode I think.
>>
>trying to beat a boss
>have to go out
>have to leave the PS4 in rest mode because I dont want to do the entire fucking level again

Please tell me theres a way around this bullshit
>>
>>171679020
Don't you use shrines?
>>
>>171679020
I mean...bosses usually have a shrine near them...when you get back you just run str8 to the boss without killing shit.
>>
I have 400 deaths, at the beginning of the Ogress mission. how am I doing ?

I really like the game. reminds me of Ninja Gaiden, hard af so far since Giant Toad.
>>
>>171510838
back attack optimisation
>>
>>171514535
afaik, earth deals double ki damage all the time, on top of the muddied status inhibiting recovery further.
>>
>>171674736

thanks for the offer m8 but I finally killed his ass. learned to dodge into his bombs and just kept on him.
>>
Guys, how do i farm smithzing texts?

Just stack up on luck, chose the mission with the boss i want and ignore the whole level, walk past everything and defeat the boss -then rinse and repeat?
Sounds like an awfully long run for one attempt.

Same with revenants, i assume these are the graves of warriors you occassionally see in a level.
Do you just do a mission and do kill all of these or is there a quicker way?
>>
>>171686289
to farm texts, yes stack luck and item drop rate (I believe).

for revenants, the only thing to keep in mind is the difference in level effects the number of items dropped. It's a great way to get decent gear as you move into NG+, or farm gear to sell / disassemble for whatever the fuck they break down into
>>
>>171687308

Thanks, but farming from bosses that are not literally the only enemy in the mission will take ages in just running to the boss, wont it?

Does killing them in ng+ or ng make a difference?

I just reached ng+, where do i get actual upgrades?
Just continue doing the missions?
>>
>>171687815
Clear the path from the closest shrine to the boss, i.e. open any closed doors, cleanse any yokai realms, etc. Rest at the shrine AFTER clearing the way. Go fight the boss and if the don't drop the texts go to the menu and return to title screen. When you return to the game it will put you back at the shrine with the path clear except for respawning enemies. I used this method to farm the Ogress and Onryoki smiting text and it is super quick.
>>
>>171687815
Also if you're farming texts make sure you get the Hunter kodama blessing. The one that increases the drop rate of materials
>>
>>
Just beat the Centipede boss who was surprisingly easy considering what I thought I heard about him.
>>
>>171432971
Your bare fucking hands, believe it or not
>>
Am I able to return to areas once I've moved on? I just got the prompt to leave the first region and want to revisit the fucking horrible duel mission later on when I'm stronger.

Also kind of disappointed that the only real difficulty in the game so far comes from stun-lock shit.
>>
>>171697553
Yeah you can go straight back
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490133402928.jpg (47KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490133402928.jpg
47KB, 1706x960px
rate my humble level 69 William
>>
Am I a pleb for using spears ?
>>
>>171697857
Spears tie with 1kat in terms of utility in its moveset. Shit can do damn near everything you need it to.
>>
is it possible to pump up atlas bear's damage when summoned from talismans? dicking around on greater demon hunting he hits for about 2-3k, would love to just kill all bosses with bear punches.
>>
>>171697731
oh-shit-what-are-you-doing-nigger-that-sword-is-dumb-as-hell/10
>>
man, Ogress was piss easy compared to that fucking frog.
>>
>>171699801
had the opposite experience

2kat
>>
>>171430507
Haven't bought the game yet, but this has me intrigued. Why would anyone go through all that shit? Does this game have a PvP component?

Also, would I enjoy this game if I like Monster Hunter, Souls and Ninja Gaiden?
>>
>>171701251
>Monster Hunter
Eh, you'll have the patience for MonHun you have the patience required to put up with the cycling of equipment you'll go through.
>Souls
If you were good at Souls though, you'll stomp through this with only minor setbacks from the obligatory 'I didn't know that enemy/boss could do that/hit me from there' deaths. It's not overdosing on its own difficulty/sucking its own dick like Souls games were, though. Platinum'ing Nioh just means you're good at video games rather than the fact that you're hardcore pro skilled.
>Ninja Gaiden
Nioh plays like a diet, less CUHRAZY Ninja Gaiden. The game will shit down your throat if you let your guard down, but if you master the mechanics and combat you'll run circles around mobs.
>>
>>171702185
I don't care much for games who try to be difficult for difficulties sake, I don't enjoy any of the games I mentioned because they are difficult, but because the gameplay is really solid in those titles. From what I've read, combat seems to be the strong point of Nioh, is that true?

I couldn't give less of a fuck about story in video games or any of that, I want a game with a deep, rewarding combat system.
>>
>>171702597
The gameplay for Nioh is 10/10, really. It feels good to git gud, because even the go-to WACK THEN DODGE weapon, the axe, has a good flow and feel to using it once you get the triangle combo ender.
>>
Anons help it feels like the game is dropping in quality FAST I just beat the centipede which managed to simulateously be the easiest shit in the world and also cheap as fuck (lmao just let me clip through myself on a dime to hit you). Please tell me it gets better again?
>>
>>171703428
Centipede is worst boss, by a fucking mile.

You should be approaching the ninja mansion level, which is 10/10 good shit.
>>
>>171703428
>one bad level of the handful of ones he's done
>GUYS I'M NOT BEING ENTERTAINED ANYMORE WAT DO

Shut it.
>>
>>171703428
You've got the Umi-Bozu level and boss fight coming up soon. Wait until then to make your decision. That level is sweet and the fight is pretty good. Miles better than centipede. The game also really picks up in the 3rd region
>>
Any good parrying build with the one-hand katana?
>>
>>171430240
If I Soul Match a 150+9 with a 160, can I still upgrade my then 160+9 with a 150+9 for it to become a 160+10?
>>
>>171703881
Yagyu armor set from the 1kat dojo duel has a skill that extends the parry window, and all of the parry attacks count as back damage.

Since parry attacks do such huge ass damage, the little passives from the various weapon trees that are shit like '+5% attack at full health' will actually give pretty decent returns.
>>
What weapon type synergises well with Kusa? I've been using 2kat because I was levelling skill anyway but it seems a bit redundant.
>>
is it possibole to get a smithing text for onmyo mage hunting set or is it just a drop from the mission?
>>
>>171707067
You got it already; 2kat's main stat (skill) is Kusa's secondary stat.

>>171707578
I don't think it's possible to get the mage hunting smithing text, but I do know when you get far enough in the game you get a forgeable mage set just because. It might be attached to the smithing magatamas, though.
>>
live
>>
die
>>
>>171701251
>Why would anyone go through all that shit?

autism

plus the game will actually have a pvp component soon
>>
>>171707067
every weapon in the game has at least C skill scaling except for the axe

skill also gives you the most skill points

skill is the "I want to use everything" stat
>>
File: 1483853541457.jpg (23KB, 275x284px) Image search: [Google]
1483853541457.jpg
23KB, 275x284px
Spent 10 minutes trying to see fuku's pussy
>>
File: 1489846132141.png (21KB, 261x209px) Image search: [Google]
1489846132141.png
21KB, 261x209px
Is fist only viable? Might do it for the dlc.
>>
>>171715423
Um could you please stop trying to look at my wife's pussy please? She's pure and we are very much in love.
>>
Is there a good build with Gozutenno's axe? I found a pretty decent one and I've been wanting to branch out. I don't get that excited about Kaidos and that's all I can find.
>>
>>171716443
Roll cta stam
The use obsidian set
>>
>>171716779
Ok...I'll try that then. I mean it seemed pretty obvious I just thought there was maybe more to it than that.
>>
>>171717086
Pump stam to 99
Swap to the clan that gives hp for stam
>>
>>171715423
C-can you? What mission?
>>
>>171716372
it's very viable but not in a very fun kind of way

I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>171716372
Viable but only after heavy investment and forge/reforge shenanigans.

Plus you're giving up all the move utility and range the weapons have, like Kusa's wide swinging skills or the 2kat's hilariously good God of Wind tree
>>
Does shorten recovery time (out of ki) conflict with anything? I cannot get it no matter how hard I try.
>>
>>171721749
Purple reforge rolls are absolutely fucking ridiculous unlikely to Reforge into, and going from the Reforge pastebin floating around, might not even be on your items Reforge seed. Just how shit rolls, apparently.

You might be better of outright Forging new gear and hoping to get it as a base bonus rather than try to reroll things.
>>
>>171686289
Just rush to the shrine nearest to the boss, if the boss doesn't drop the text then return to title screen and you can try again without having to run the entire level.
>>
>>171721884
That really sucks if that's true. I got tenacity and reduced elemental damage when guarding piss easy. I must have reforged hundreds of times at this point. I hope I get it eventually all of my armor is already at +7
>>
Rev drops should be based on luck and equipment drop, not level, revs are so easy to fight even at base level.
>>
>>171716404
Tell your whore wife to wear some underwear
>>
>summon a revenant
>it's using red demon
What a surprise, i wasn't expecting that, such a rare sight, no one uses that set.
>>
Used to swear by it, but honestly ki regen isn't as good as I initially thought, flux+99 heart makes it obsolete, you don't need to recover ki if you never run out of it
>>
>>171725272
Congratulations, you are now aware as to why the Red Memeon set is correctly identified as a scrub flag.
>>
>>171725402
>tfw never used it
My evolution was warrior of the west, kingos, then fanatics.

Fanatics is just too good.
>>
>>171698307
you shut your whore mouth dojikiri yasutsuna is a beautiful hooksword
>>
File: autismkat.jpg (70KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
autismkat.jpg
70KB, 450x532px
>tfw mastered all 3 stances of 1kat
>>
>>171726360
but have you mastered the blockchain and cultivated inner strength
>>
So Orochi just bugged out and was impossible to finish as the 2 heads after the first 1 didn't spawn.

RIP 120m amrita and 3 sake.
>>
>>171727225
just use a travel amulet?
>>
>>171727225
>Bothering to do Orochi
I go up to Nobunaga at the very most if it's a good run and I have enough of the Sake bonus to last the elevator ride.

>>171727429
Actually, that might be a good idea. Kelley is basically free Amrita.
>>
File: nioh16_by_phamoz-db31umx (1).jpg (509KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
nioh16_by_phamoz-db31umx (1).jpg
509KB, 800x1107px
bless thy soul
>>
>>171727429
It was in co-op.
>>
Just finished that sub mission where you fight the three Onyudo. Man those guys gave me way too much of a hard time. Especially the last one. I died twice in a row and lost all my amrita which was probably 25k or so. Spin to win didn't even work on him because he just grabbed and threw me killing me instantly.

What's the correlation of their color and their weakness? If red do I use water? What about green?
>>
What's the best armor set for maximum bare handed damage?
>>
>>171732661
any of them

just try to find 4 kote with 24.9% bare-handed damage up inheritable and soul match the stat onto every piece of armor
>>
Since when did resting at a shrine not remove sake buff?
>>
>>171730917
Onyudo are resistant to their own elements but have no resistances to others. They don't have any specific elemental weaknesses, though.

There's no real fixed trend of which elements is weak to which; it tends to be specific to the enemy rather than the element.
>>
File: IMG_0524.jpg (115KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.jpg
115KB, 500x750px
Hey guys, what materials do you need to forge Sozasa Monji? I've got Sohaya Tsurugi with CTA heart but I'm thinking of switching it up later on

Does anyone else use Shinka? I'm pretty fond of him, but I'm not sure what buff he gives you with a moment talisman
>>
A bumping on the other shore
>>
The silver mine bumps
>>
The bump king revealed
>>
Sigh. Another fucken bug with Orochi where if you activate living weapon during the final blow it doesn't teleport you to the end.
>>
>>171660605
>>171660605
>>171660605
which is the big rock and boat? can't find you anywhere homes
>>
>>171681937
they weren't back attacks and he didn't use any buffs, debuffs or magic. Basic light attacks were hitting 70k+ and his handcannon hit 100k+ on orochi heads from the front
>>
anyone think it's weird that's it's been a month since the last patch and we had zero news/update on the dlc at the end of the month, nor anymore patches or community interaction with the devs?

For selling 1 mill they sure are letting the game slip considering the huge drop off of people actually playing the game and talking about it (case in point this general, but other forums it's slowed to a crawl as well). granted there's like a dozen other games that released and are amazing that stole attention but still.
>>
File: 1310361837334.jpg (7KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1310361837334.jpg
7KB, 251x251px
>>171743641
bruh
>>
Release date for DLC this month? It's this week, right?
>>
>>171744878
Yeah, I thought they would say something about the free DLC allegedly coming this month with 9 days left before April.
>>
>>171747983
Boss rush mode is apparently this month. DLC isn't till next month.
>>
>>171743641
nigga that post was 1 day ago
>>
>>171745045
>>171749023
yeah I didn't have the thread updated and didn't bother to check the post time I have down syndrome I was hoping no one would notice
>>
>>171750741
well, it's international down syndrome day, so you should expect kindness and support from the dead nioh general today.
>>
>>171747983
Hard mode is next week.
>>
>>171752725
hard mode or boss rush?

How are they gonna make anything hard without making it just damage sponges?
>>
>>171752792
both

new hard mode is ng++

>How are they gonna make anything hard without making it just damage sponges?
I don't know, but way of the strong put in additional enemy placements and played with damage/health numbers so I expect to see the exact same thing for the new difficulty.

Currently things melt away if you have a 160+10 weapon, even at the very end of ng+.
>>
>>171753114
Couple questions, as I just finished all the levels in NG+, but my final zone is still showing as not fully complete. What am I missing? Every mission has the check mark on it.

Second question, as I've got a full set of 150+10... but am struggling major to get 160 gear. Does 160 stuff drop from revenants? Like if they forged a 160 used it, not soul matched stuff.

Second, I just gonna forge my ass off to get a 160, then use that to soul match my 150+10? And I get a 160? or 160+10?
>>
>>171753114
didnt the usual mobs had some new moves ?in twots like the onis having that slam atak and the quick grab
>>
>>171743705
I messaged the guy when it happened and he finally responded in broken english, then sent me a picture of his character screen (not a screenshot). It's all in moonrunes so I'm not sure which effect is which but every effect is +999.9% or +9999. He's definitely found a way to save edit. Can upload pic if desired
>>
>>171753364
there is no 160 item yet
do queens eye or you missed a twilight mission and.or dojo
>>
>>171753364
>What am I missing?
Dojo probably.
>Does 160 stuff drop from revenants?
No. The only way to get it is by forging.
>And I get a 160? or 160+10?
160+10.
>>
>>171753516
Ahh so dojo missions related to overall completion? That's prob it them... thanks anon.

>>171753608
Okay cool, not so bad then I just need to forge a shit ton to get a 160. Then I'm basically complete.
>>
>>171753714
You don't need to use divine fragments to forge 160 btw, i got most of mine without them.
>>
>>171754056
I know it's random, but what am I in for trying to craft a 160? Anything I can do increase my chances?
>>
>>171753426
only enemes i've ever seen get new moves are bosses

yokai eventually get new moves, but you can see the progression from regular NG, it's not a NG+ thing

>>171753364
forge a bunch of sanada pieces or onikibas to try to farm 160 gear, then just soul match your gear up
>>
File: cancer.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
i did all missions, cut down everyone at least 3 times,

but i just cant bring this fucker to even half HP on NG+

please tell me how, please...
>>
>>171754252
There's nothing certain, only speculation that gear which uses demon horns gives you a higher chance. I got most of mine without forging demon horn items though.
>>
>>171754617
>he doesn't know how to parry with the easiest to parry with weapon
>>
>>171754252
finish queens ete ng ;luck [put on spider and luck gear] + max patronage about item lvl,
back up your save and spend a day forging saving and reloading
>>
>>171754617
backwave all day
>>
>>171754617
parrying and backwaving is meme-tier. Have you played a souls game before? Walk in tight circles close to him to bait attacks and punish when his ki is low. Take the free crit. Rinse and repeat. Very basic and easy.
>>
>>171755917
or you could just backwave because it's 100% safe due to the fact that you're blocking and it's easy to get the timing down

no memes involved, you're just being a faggot
>>
>>171754753
>>171754934
>>171755917
>>171757034
thanks,

i tried parrying and circling yet he is a dmg sponge and usually one shots me [yea i am impatient and probably under level]

i havent tried the backwave [probably dont even have the skill] so give it a try,

thanks again.
>>
File: NiOh-12-1.jpg (92KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
NiOh-12-1.jpg
92KB, 800x450px
Was the froggo easy for everyone? Or I shouldn't have used Carnage+Devigorate?
>>
>>171757449
main mission was hard,
1n1 was way too easy
[no carnage, yes pill ]
>>
>>171757367
you're forced to use a wooden weapon, but you still get bonuses from your armor, so you should get +35 attack on every piece of armor through soul matching +20 inheritable attack kote
>>
>>171757859
good idea, i was trying to go light
>>
>first souls like game I've dedicated time to
>tfw getting good, killed Ogress on second try
>killed the Tengu and silk cunt 2v1 fight in second attempt

this game is fun as fuck. maybe I'll have the balls to get out of Central Yarnam now.
>>
>>171758868
why is the game so good but the general so dead
>>
File: 1474150915175.png (452KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1474150915175.png
452KB, 785x757px
>100k dmg to nobunaga with 1 blade spin
>>
>>171759115
People are either having fun playing the game or too busy looking for lewds of the characters to post.
uuuuu';[/
>>
>>171757449
>>171757449
never used magic on ng or ng+, by the end of both had only ever killed 2 enemies via lw. game is easy enough by just default melee system
>>
>>171757449
I just used sloth, beat him 1st go easy. Feel a bit bad having used sloth for half the game desu.
>>
>>171759115
so many other good games to play,
people will return when they are done with horizon, nier, yakuza, persona etc.
>>
File: 1489868035215.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489868035215.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>171759371
>Horizon on that list
>>
>>171760221
those broads are extremely mediocre barring their figure. literal 5/10 faces.
>>
>>171760564
>not laughing at the manlet
>>
>>171760221
well there are people who likes to eat shit too,
i wont judge
>>
>>171760564
manlet detected...
>>
>>171430240
>List of smithing texts:
>http://pastebin.com/CayVK8TG
I've got everything from that list but my 'Smithing Text Found' stat in Game records isn't at 100%. what missed?
>>
>>171763409
Maybe it includes the pre-order/deluxe edition smithing texts.
>>
>>171764036
I have them too,,,
I think it includes japan DLC's (dragon visor, good fox and lucky tanuki kabutos) but I'm looking for some confirmation on this cause it's kinda bad
>>
I'm about to take on the Umi-bozu level, when does sloth talisman unlock?
>>
>>171764262
Have you found Nue text? It's weird that ogress text drops but no Nue.
>>
>>171763409
What's your % at?
>>
>>171764412
no, seems Nue doesn't drop text atm maybe in later updates
>>171764525
can't say exact number, not at home but I remember it's above 90 and not 100. ~95% or so
>>
Okay look, Umi Bozu scrubs, by that level you provide have like 3 of those dumb fire breathing masks. Literally just use like 3 of those and umo bozu dies. If you don't then I'm sorry
>>
>>171763409
>>171764525
>>171764773
checked. 93,4% of found smithing texts in game records.
it really seems that last 6,6% is for 3 japan dlc helmets (2,2% per item)
FUCK IT
>>
Is there a better way to farm for smithing texts or do I have to way for boss rush update?
>>
>>171767094
>resorting to cheap crutches to beat a boss
>>
>>171771718
depends on which text you're looking for... see this post >>171688949
>>
iga jonin with dex scaling muramasa

:^)
>>
File: Karakawa and Hoshi Kiri-Tachi.png (394KB, 440x781px) Image search: [Google]
Karakawa and Hoshi Kiri-Tachi.png
394KB, 440x781px
So what gear did you guys have when you reached Omi region on way of the strong? I've only been focused on upgrading my 1kat, seems too much of a fucking chore to do that entire process for my armor as well.
>>
File: FourGreatCommanders.png (522KB, 527x775px) Image search: [Google]
FourGreatCommanders.png
522KB, 527x775px
>>171779636

Also fuck this game, there's too many good armors to fashion to
>>
File: Scorpionfish.png (507KB, 520x653px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpionfish.png
507KB, 520x653px
>>171780849

Help me
>>
>>171779636
I take it with all these heavy armors that in the later game your stamina is so high you don't even need to worry about weight?
>>
File: nioh_chapter1.jpg (49KB, 328x479px) Image search: [Google]
nioh_chapter1.jpg
49KB, 328x479px
>Try out Saoirse
>Kill one enemy
>Meter back to full
>Her ability gives amrita absorption and is a huge water AoE with knockdown

I thought she was supposed to be a letdown? I've invested plenty of points into spirit so maybe that's why I get better results
>>
does dmg reduction or reduced attack from critical have a cap?
>>
File: Nioh Fashion.jpg (203KB, 847x781px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Fashion.jpg
203KB, 847x781px
>>171784167
I don't think people thought she was bad just that compared to Suzaku,the more popular spirit for LW lovers, shes lacking in a few points like armor synergy and the 25%+(?) extra damage Suzaku gives over her in LW mode(15% + 15% fire damage vs her 5%). Personally I like her just because I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll have LW for the next encounter no matter what build I use.

>>171780849
Its always frustrating having to refashion your entire set because you found one piece that inspires your next look
>>
>>171786178

>Suzaku

Honestly, I used him for a bit and I loved it, but personally, I feel like I was getting too reckless and Suzaku let me get away with it. Bad habits, and all that.
>>
>>171786178
Suzaku is for amrita farming, oh, and destroying bobo. Kato is way stronger.
>>
>>171761657
he's right you know
>>
How do I into kusa? My low attacks are doing like 200 a hit. It feels like something is wrong even though I have 99 dex.
>>
>>171791639
>get fanatics
>find a shiranui - revs at isle of demons usually drop them
>get these >>171512647 stats on it
>get sickle dmg mystic
>use nothing but blade spin
>fuck shit up
>>
>>171794030
I've been using weight. Is that bad?
>>
>>171796394
Yes.
>>
File: DSC_0062.jpg (4MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0062.jpg
4MB, 3920x2204px
"the save editor is my secret".

It can be done boys but this nip won't tell me how.
>>
File: 14902274359470.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14902274359470.png
307KB, 500x500px
>>171797542
that's how
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/02/ps4_save_editor_will_let_you_cheat_your_way_to_victory_this_march
>>
Best guardian for a ninja kusa build? I've been using the bunny.
>>
>>171797846
>70 American dollars instead of getting good
>it'll brick your ps+ when they add pvp
Seems pretty short-sighted
>>
File: confusion.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>171797846
>save editor
>I need to cheat so I can play this game
>new missions coming up with pvp as well
There's no fucking reason to this when you can already steamroll everything currently out with a 160 +10. Do these people just want a solo game or what?
>>
>>171799792
Well that nip only had 150+10. I don't think a lot of people know about 160+10. I don't even have one myself. You have to beat hundred eyes in strong to unlock it, right? I'm down to just that mission and the two dual boss missions and only have a couple 150+4/5 weapons
>>
Any other good set for spear aside from the Red Demon? I've just finished Immortal Flame and came to an understanding that Heavy Armor is not for me.
>>
>>171800358
Even with a 150 +10 I was killing everything easily. There's no excuse for this.
>>171801318
Warrior of the East or Armor of the Exceptional for a more tank like build. Mix it up so you can get the best of both worlds. Though you'll need an optimized build with some stamina and strength.
>>
>>171801630
How do you even play tank builds when ki management gets really hard? I used Warrior of the East set but I always run of of ki and there are times when an enemy attack prevents me from using ki pulse. The ki recovery is also slow. Any tips for a scrub like me?
>>
can you reset dev revs without quitting the mission? Trying to get a divine headpiece (their gears rarity changes each time)
>>
>>171799792
This. I'm out dpsing most 500+ at lvl 65 with full 160+10 gear.
>>
>>171802345
Invest your stats into body, stamina, strength, and heart. Reforge your armor and weapons to reduce ki usage.

Later on you might get a Yasakani Magatama so you can start mix and matching sets since it relieves 1 spot for set bonuses. Since you seem to like lighter builds go for a mix of Red Demon (rest of your armor), Warrior of the (1 piece go lighter armor pieces such as the helm, gloves, or boots), and Armor of the Exceptional (spear). Make sure you have toughness on everything so you can hit 200 toughness that way you can poise through attacks. Block more instead of dodging (only dodge if you absolutely have to). And of course invest some skill points into the skills on listed in set bonuses (i.e. spear fall, merciless barrage, and tornado).
>>
>>171802345
you dump 99 stam, use yasakani so that you only need 4 pieces of armor instead of 5 and get B agility that way

then you use a guardian with +25 ki or kato which has 30% recovery speed and +25 ki

leveling anything other than stamina isn't really necessary for a tank, I am talking tatenashi or obsidian though
>>
>>171803575
>Block more instead of dodging (only dodge if you absolutely have to).
I had to force myself to dodge because I keep dying on that Onryoki when I was starting then now I had to block instead of dodge? I like this game because I don't have to stick to one style but dodging has became a habit that I just dodge on every boss attacks (probably why Ogress and Byakko is really hard for me)
>>
File: 1489028882183.jpg (212KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
1489028882183.jpg
212KB, 1024x526px
does anyone know when the update is?
>>
>>171806920
at the time
>>
>>171806920
Is the update free or do I have to get the season's pass?
>>
>>171808235
there are 2 free content updates before dlc 1 comes out
>>
File: 1458345708616.gif (463KB, 403x219px) Image search: [Google]
1458345708616.gif
463KB, 403x219px
>>171809012
>>
>>171512445
Oh my fuck. I rolled high poison stats on my axe, I need to get this spin2win pronto.
>>
Anyone have an atagi sadamune with with max back attack in a non-inheritable slot?
>>
should I only use 2 weapons at most? Ive been using everything but axe but Im worried I shouldnt be spreading myself thin
>>
>>171814765
Or CCD, just looked at the chart and realized damage from behind maxes at 22%, thought it was 25%, CCD seems better
>>
>unlimited ammo rifle build

y/n?
>>
File: Nioh vs. Ass Effect.png (2MB, 887x2373px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh vs. Ass Effect.png
2MB, 887x2373px
>>171430240
>>
>>171816005

Did you get banned on /v/ or something?

Shoo.
>>
What is harder to roll for max CC ki reduction or max CCD? Got both as inheritable on two swords I found, wondering which one I should transfer over to my main
>>
>>171815132

Hand cannon. a true test.
>>
File: 1486463470145.jpg (168KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486463470145.jpg
168KB, 800x582px
Once I've got the set I want to use (head of the iga) in a high quality, should I just soul match it continually? are there any tables for possible reforge outcomes?
>>
What's the best thing to do with Title prestige points? Pump Life or Luck for Aygo? Elixir, Toughness, or Ninjustsu for Ungyo?
>>
>>171802431
you can't
>>
>>171826506
Yeah

Google reddit nioh reforge table
>>
>>171798446
people say bat is better...
>>
>>171430240
when will white clans win?
and what kind of bonuses you get if you win?

i like my luck bonus ans better sell deal, yet like to win at least once...
>>
how to get Divine Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken
i dont even a purple one
>>
>>171831139
>when will white clans win?
when pvp
>>
Do my answers to Tome and Muramasa matter?
>>
>>171835261
yep, be nice and u will be rewarded by more free request points
>>
>>171836108
That's where I'm unsure. I was nice to Tome at one point but didn't get a point. She asked me if I thought she was ever going to be as good as her grandfather. I said yes and didn't get anything.
>>
>>171837328
kinda weird. I've got my points from positive answers
>>
>>171831541
hidden tea house you can get it for glory but rng but usully get 2 or 3 in 25 ~30 rolls
>>
>>171837328
you have to break raport every once in a while to make her more attracted to you. If you keep complimenting her it gets boring for her.
>>
It sucks that so many of the armors are just reskins of each other.
>>
File: Top Gear TF2 Special.jpg (94KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Top Gear TF2 Special.jpg
94KB, 1024x576px
Can you get "true" unlimited ammo? The highest i got was 76.4% unlimited ammo.
>>
>>171841778
is unlimited ammo the % chance when you use a gun / bow it won't consume ammo?
>>
>>171814961
pls respong
>>
>>171842101
Yes
>>
>>171842338
The more stats you invest in, the more skill points you'll get. You'll spread yourself thinner, but it shouldn't be too severe.

You can always respec completely if you find weapons you like more.
>>
>>171845607
thanks
>>
>>171841778
I bet it is. Since it's possible to have other things like received elemental attack damage percent at 100.
>>
>>171842338
skill gives you the most skill points

I have a build that stops at 150 and gets majority of its skill points from 99 stamina

i had enough points to get 3 tiers of cornered boar, 3 tiers of final blow, 3 tier of health and literally everything I wanted skill wise for 1kat, kusarigama and spear

you should be fine
>>
>doing that one twilight mission with wheelmonks, revenant and floating head things at the end
>getting my shit stomped so hard that I become freed from this mortal coil
>run back to take them on again but the mission has been cleared

Has this happened to anyone else? Dying in one of these gauntlet missions, running back to fight the fucks that did you in, and suddenly having the mission cleared orb staring you right in the face?
>>
LIVE
DIE
REPEAT
UNTIL DLC
>>
>>171851764
yep. happened to me 4 times in different mission when I almost cleared them but died at the last stage
>>
ded
>>
>>171851764
Also had this happen but only in way of the strong
>>
Hi friends. Been playing this game for about 3 days. My progress is I've just made it into the next region via boat.

I have no idea what to do statwise. Someone told me to just make them even, despite only using 1 weapon (samurai swordu).

And skillwise, I have no idea what to do there either. I haven't invested a single skillpoint other than the one where you dash after attack and it regains your stamina.

And gold. I have 100k (about). And I have no idea what I should be doing with it. The forge doesn't sell anything useful nor have I gained anything useful from the missions.

Is there a consensus on the best weapon in the game? I'm getting rather bored of the sword.
>>
>>171871145
Hello friend, I hope you're having fun!

Stats ultimately don't matter as much as the inherent stats on gear itself. The safest way to get the most out of your stats is to first identify which weapon you like most, and primarily invest in that weapon's dedicated stat. For 1kat, this is Heart. Diversify if you want to try other weapons, you have little to lose from it.

Dexterity, Magic and Spirit are all worth investing 20 points into so you can access everything they unlock. You might want to go up to 25 on spirit so you can use all the effects of latter-game spirits. Go through skills and just buy whatever you like; you'll get more than enough points for everything you want. Experiment with different attack skills you unlock. Passive skills are almost always worth buying for the boosts they provide. Most of all, remember that your level does not matter as much as in Dark Souls. The only thing your level affects is how much gear you get from revenants (you gain more if you're lower level than them), and you can buy an item called the Book of Resurrection from the blacksmith that lets you respec all your stats and skills at any time.

Gold is useful for the blacksmith, once you progress a little further. Other than that, not much at all, but the blacksmith will be your best friend in the late to end game.

There's no real consensus on best weapon; single katana is most useful when you start learning its defensive-offensive abilities like Haze and Backwave. People like 2kat and Kusarigama for their speed, and Axe and Spear have loyal adherents who love their raw strength and sheer utility respectively. Really, just experiment and see what you like, because you can always change your playstyle at any time for no penalty.
>>
>>171814972
If you're still here, try farming isle of demons, there's usually 1 or 2 people dropping 20% ccd weapons there.
>>
File: 1417649850146.jpg (102KB, 635x353px) Image search: [Google]
1417649850146.jpg
102KB, 635x353px
>Oda
>2 haze+iai+final blow combos
>"lol I'm out, peace"
>mfw
>>
>>171876546

>Anime trash

Yeah that's why nobody hangs around you
>>
File: 1452370801624.jpg (174KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
1452370801624.jpg
174KB, 600x324px
>>171876814
>>
>>171871145

>>171873057

All of this is good advice, but don't forget that levelling strength and skill also contribute nicely to your 1kat's damage, and give a lot more samurai skill points and also boost your Ki pulse. Don't worry too much about stats this early into the game, because respeccing is incredibly easy when you unlock the hidden teahouse.
Fight plenty of revenants, worth noting that if you offer gear to the shrine that has more familiarity, the greater the rewards you'll get.
>>
File: 1486138996900.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486138996900.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>171873057
We need more people like you.

I am sad how bad is soul release talisman on NG+. You would guess it would scale better of the main weapon damage but nope. Just a shitty 2-8k damage burning all your familiarity and you have to spam 6-7 whetstone go back at full potential again. Beh
>>
>>171873057
>>171871145
Nioh isn't gonna fuck you if you botch your build like Souls will (And even Souls isn't all THAT mean about it.). In fact, it's pretty strong to diversify as the other anon stated.

>>171814961
Bringing up your proficiency with weapons gets you more skill points, and the thresholds are easier for lower proficiency bars, so diversity is pretty useful in THIS regard.

That said, if you're splashing skill points for EVERY weapon's bread-and-butter skills you might spread yourself thin, but youre not likely to back yourself into a corner. More points are always around the corner and a respec is within shop/tea house reach.
>>
I tried to go back to do Dark Souls 3's DLC but I can't do it. Nioh is just better.
>>
I wish I would have tried 1kat sooner. I avoided it since it seemed like the most boring playstyle but after doing a full axe run and trying out Kusa I'm already loving the katana.
>>
>>171886087
Check this sexy kat build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbjb-TQEPo
>>
>>171882397

>Not using uchiko powder for temporary fixing
>>
File: 1490315206368.png (194KB, 571x426px) Image search: [Google]
1490315206368.png
194KB, 571x426px
heh

Skip to 15:00 for the clip in question during this Nioh GDC talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqCSzO15VME&t=15m
>>
so the only real good place to get nikawa glue is the sayama mission? No other mission drops it from chest/corpse/etc?
>>
>>171891987
the last enemy in demon's daughter drops it pretty often
>>
>>171890074
>koei, makers of DoA and DW, don't know what waifu means
r u kidden me
>>
>>171886482
Why are my stat requirements for all armor double his?
>>
>>171895074
because you found your armor somewhere while he forged his by hand
>>
>>171895432
I found mine by hand too.
>>
>>171895565
found =/= forge.
>>
File: Nioh_20170323154554.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh_20170323154554.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
Just beat Oda Nobunaga and company and he dropped his armor smithing text. A friend of mine got jealous, so I assume this happening was pretty rare.

Anyway, having gone through the credits but not done anything beyond them, what's the best way to get the most bang for my buck out of making the set?
>>
>>171897991
>by hand
>>
Ded thred ded game
>>
>>171906252
no
>>
>>171906252
>thread
yes
>game
no
>>
Wait, smithing texts for armor let you make the whole set at once? Fuck I thought it was piece by piece that's why I haven't farmed any bosses.
>>
IT'S HAPPENING

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html
>>
>>171909590
Yeah. One text for the entire armor, one text for the weapon. Shiggy has separate texts for his sword and bow though
>>
>>171912625
>https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html
◆ On the equipment screen, Added item jump by the nineteenth weapon Changing of the weapon recovery amount of the ninety-ninth weapon during the nineteenth weapon
adjustment

Fucken finally holy shit that was bothering me.
>>
File: 1484886369868.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1484886369868.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>171912625
>Adjust the performance of guardian spirit "Suzaku"
fuck, Suzy getting nerfed
>>
>>171912625
>double dojo boss battles
>no triple/quad boss battles
meh
>>
>>171912625
>>171913148
Looks like they're nerfing critical builds too.
>>
>more living weapon nerfs
>new content is just more 2v1 boss fights
Oh, okay then.
>>
some jap streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ocJpI8gBSs
>>
>>171430507
bump
>>
rol
Thread posts: 750
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.