[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Countdown to Trainserb2 edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 768
Thread images: 141

File: 1484350873650.png (899KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1484350873650.png
899KB, 1920x1018px
Previous jej: >>165236957

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==<
Various guides and other resources http://mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia
OP text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!): https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
Modding FAQ: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
NEW SERVER LIST: https://serblist.com
Old serb lis (own a serb? please move to the new site): http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiZ4nkhea5nXdERzVXFWVFp1SEN5SjM2WnNwVjZPUEE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0
/mcg/ IRC circlejerk channel: #/mcg/ on Rizon
Skype Apiary: https://join.skype.com/xEyegIrtgwMO
Curse Modpack Downloader: https://github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
DL from Releases, Unpack, follow directions of the readme!

>==[News]==<
Better with Mods released: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/246760-better-with-mods
An anon released a "diet" Natura fork: https://github.com/Rukachan/Nature
Baubles Minus Botania, Thaumic Bases forks found here: https://github.com/KryptonCaptain
Asie has been working on http://asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, https://github.com/FabricMC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYsKMuvrvM8 [Embed]
TRAINCRAFT IS FUCKING OUT FOR 1.7.10 CHOO CHOO https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
GoG Alpha for 1.10.2 is available https://github.com/DoctorWiggles/GrimoireOfGaia/releases/tag/1.4.0-ALPHA
Anon has been producing various chunk based art http://mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
>>
File: 1469483281347.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469483281347.png
4KB, 500x500px
>>165495943 (You)
>>165496507 (You)
What would make a stack of IngotPyramid ingots not display their colors? I checked to make sure that the names used for the colorless ingots match up with the exact names (including capitalization) that Ore Dictionary uses for them, and they match. Vanilla Minecraft gold ingots display without any problems but, out of copper ingots from five different mods and aluminum ingots from Immersive Engineering, none of them show up correctly. I'm guessing all other modded ingots won't display properly either. I copied and pasted that one anon's very long config file that no one claimed to have any problems with and I've restarted the server several times, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Well, apparently steel ingots work, but copper and aluminum ones don't, even though all of these ingots come from mods.
>>
File: 1431803578423.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431803578423.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>165498836
>(You)
>>
I'm playing vanilla with my sister who is playing it for the first time.

Vanilla is pretty shallow so i'm starting to get a little bored, but mods would be overwhelming to her (she is completely new to gaming, doesn't even have M&K coordination down yet).

What are some entry-level mods that even she could learn? Something in the vein of vanilla
>>
>>165500996
>my sister
>doesn't even have M&K coordination down yet
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>165501230
I'm 25, she's 27.
She's just never really played videogames, especially on PC.
>>
>>165500027
T-Thanks

So, why do some modded ingots have a 100% success rate (for example, all the types of aluminum ingots), why do some modded ingots have a 0% success rate (6 different types of copper, all with the correct name), and why do some modded ingots have a success rate that's neither 0% nor 100%? There seems to be no consistency to this, nor any obvious cause as to why some ingots would be failing.

>Config file: ingotGold
>Oredict entry: ingotGold
>Works: yes
>Config file: ingotCopper
>Oredict entry: ingotCopper
>Works: no

What is up with this?
>>
>>165501689
Women don't like videogames, how the hell did you got her to fucking play?
You could add any mod that doesn't add ores basically, like extra utilities.
She doesn't have to use the things it adds.
>>
File: 1482963745171.jpg (13KB, 259x206px) Image search: [Google]
1482963745171.jpg
13KB, 259x206px
>>165500996
>>165501689
Try bukkit mods instead of forge mods. They're much easier to deal with because she won't have to install anything clientside, and they don't have as drastic an impact on gameplay. Then again this might be a bad idea if she grows attached to certain bukkit mods and the playstyles they provide, but you want to move forward by switching to forge mods.

But when it comes to specific entry level mods that she could learn: ask her what types of things she'd find fun. First, narrow it down to a general category like building, exploring, or combat. Then ask about her specific interests from there, like building rail systems to connect towns, building giant bases and defending them against mobs, building giant monuments that serve no purpose, etc. You could also try out adventure maps to help her get used to vanilla gameplay before moving on to modded gameplay.
>>
>>165501994
>Women don't like videogames
you're either very young or you keep to yourself.
>>
>>165502962
My sister stopped playing games at 18.
Since then most of the bitches I have seen playing are attention whores.
>>
forced bump
>>
>>165501731
that's weird. if i remember well when there's a mistake anywhere in the config file it reverts to only using the default (so only iron, gold an steel get colors).
and when i added the metallurgy stuff i didn't see anything weird.
try using a fresh config file and add the color for one of the fucked up ingots, see if it's still glitchy?
>>
>>165503463
you're trying too hard, son
>>
>>165508116
Damn, that didn't work either. The only change was that the ghost image of the first ingot displayed correctly, but when I actually place some, they turn pure white. Oh well, I guess I give up since there's literally nothing else I can think of to do to fix this
>>
How the hell do I build a wall around a village with hills everywhere without the wall looking like trash?
>>
well its happening
maybe the author of growing trees will start doing more shit now since he wasnt gonna do any more work until TE comes out
>>
>>165510718
Modify the terrain or build a huge wall that can be equal on all parts.
>>
>trying to run a small modded server for friends
>shit breaks down every fucking day

all it does is stress me out and I can't have fun

how do you fags deal with this shit
>>
>>165512173
made it mostly stable and its ded so no one is around to crash it
>>
File: crying seal.jpg (26KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
crying seal.jpg
26KB, 500x335px
>>165512251
i think playing alone would just be more fun
>>
>>165512393
I play alone all day erryday. I am sick of it.
>>
>>165511246
>FTB begged

FTFY
>>
>>165512173
Server owner here. Specifically which mods of yours breaks down every day for you, and what have you been doing to address them breaking?
>>
>>165509790
Except he's not wrong you fucking shitter.

The gender disparity in gaming is huge. And no, fucking farmville doesn't count.
>>
>>165514246
>The gender disparity in gaming is huge
Do you have a single source to back that up?
>Inb4 'because i said so'
>>
>>165514246
>the gender disparity in gaming is huge.
this isn't a problem
>>
>>165514341
I don't disagree.
>>
>>165514407
y-you too
>>
>>165511246
Welp, just like last time, once thaumcraft, tinkers and thermal retardation release for 1.10, 1.7 will officially be dead and everyone and their mother will run to 1.10
>>
>>165514445
Thaumcraft 6 when?
>>
>>165498543
>and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!

Ah, if only i had saved the screenshots from back in 1.5...
Oh well. The past is the past, and we must look to the futu-
>1.11
Nevermind, let's stick with 1.7.10.

Who here hyp for Trainserb 2: Autistic Boogaloo?
>>
>>165511246
Took them long enough. They mentioned having made a lot of progress like 3 months ago jk I know porting is a lot of work
>>
post good texture-- i mean, resource packs
>>
>>165515687
Sph__vanilla
>>
>>165516686
Sphax
Coterie craft
Dokucraft
>>
Ded general?

Can I used JEI on 1.7.10?

JEI or NEI masterrace?
>>
>>165517757
deddest general

i use nei
>>
File: Selection_005.png (1MB, 1363x730px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_005.png
1MB, 1363x730px
>>165515263
HYPE

I've been playing pic related because I'm so hype.
>>
>>165517757
desu i don't use either regularly, for larger packs NEI comes prepackaged so i use that more often than not.

>>165518014
das pretty hyp.
Been playing Trainserb 1.
>>
>>165515263
TRAINSERB

can't wait, I need it

>>165518014
damn I miss being able to play openttd and drawing vast diagrams for my worlds
>>
Like an idiot, I bought a Minecraft Realms server. All my friends have been busy, though.

Any of you plebs want to play with?
>>
>>165518172
>Been playing Trainserb 1.

I'll be honest the only railcraft stuff I've ever used have been
>steam engines
>steam boilers
>steel gear
>rolling machine
>iron/steal multiblock tank

I've never touched minecarts or traincraft. But signal/routing autism is my jam.

I like trains.
>>
>>165518731
Oh and the coke ovens/blast furnace obviously.

Railcraft is a weird mod because there are so many things in it that I think are part of IC2 or Buildcraft or Tinkers Construct but are actually Railcraft stuff.
>>
>>165518291
Lol no thanks, 1.10 is shit
>>
>>165518912
>see railcraft in pack
>wtf I'm not autistic enough for trainz
>remove railcraft
>steel no longer exists as a metal and all my biofuel tanks and steam boilers powering my RF machines are gone

Ironically I like almost everything but the whole trains aspect of the mod.
>>
How much learning would I have to do to be able to frankenstein a whole bunch of separate parts from various mods into one whole?

The one example I could think of right away is lifting some of TFC's smelting mechanic since It actually manages to be interesting and then disabling the vanilla furnace and replacing all the furnace based recipes
>>
>>165519351
Why would you use steam boilers instead of superior steam dynamos
>>
File: minecon2015.jpg (59KB, 856x511px) Image search: [Google]
minecon2015.jpg
59KB, 856x511px
>>165518291
What the fuck is Minecraft Realms?

Will it? ... When? ... Do you think Minecraft Storymode does Mods?
>>
>>165519352

You'd need to make seared bricks and glass a non-furnace recipe in order even to make the smeltery.

You have to understand Java well enough to copy/paste or edit the classes you want and track how they interact with each other so you can keep them actually working with each other.
>>
>>165519606
Boilers are dank and big and they generate TONS of RF if you keep them fueled.
>>
File: TFQFvvZ.png (24KB, 621x254px) Image search: [Google]
TFQFvvZ.png
24KB, 621x254px
>>165519679
>>
>>165519825
Yeah but railcraft is shit tier mod. Rather use solars with thermal expansion.
>>
>>165519606

Because a max size high pressure boiler covered in industrial steam engines looks and sounds like a giant living metal monster.

Also 80RF/engine and lives off unlimited automated Forestry biofuel.
>>
>>165520058
Well if you want those huge things then yo probably are using immersive engineering then.
I think it is an annoying shitty mod.
>>
File: Whelms?.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Whelms?.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>165520003
When will Minecraft pocket edition be the same as PC?

How many of you have autism and how has it helped you make Minecraft?
>>
File: tumblr_nbtvedaNxp1so4lp8o1_500.gif (507KB, 459x248px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbtvedaNxp1so4lp8o1_500.gif
507KB, 459x248px
>>165520040
Thats pretty gross anon. Railcraft is like the only mod where I don't feel like I'm being fucked by the recipe's and I also don't feel like I'm cheating out other mods.

Renewable energy setups are gross.
>>
>>165520349
Immersive Engineering's crusher is the only ore doubler that works on diamonds with the mod I'm on
>>
>>165520612
Why? because in real life it would be the same if people weren't piece of shit moved only by their bank balances?
Sadly if we replaced alll energy for wind, we wouldn't have global warming nor energy problems ever again. But tell that to the big oil companies, see what happens.
>>
>>165517757
I dislike using NEI after using JEI, because JEI has tabbed icons in the background indicating each machine/crafting you can use to create each item. You don't have to blindly flip through them.

Also JEI feels snappier in general.
>>
>>165520876
Insolation energy at Earth's surface is shit-tier energy density. It doesn't matter if you have a 100% efficient solar power setup that never needs maintenance or replacement (which is impossible because entropy, but for the sake of argument). There simply isn't enough energy per square meter to support civilization's needs without paving over immense amounts of land that could have been used for other things.

Wind isn't great either because air has shitty density compared to hydro and for "green" or "safe" alternatives both are incredibly hazardous for the people working them : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_accidents#Fatalities

OIl/coal is shit power but so is wind/solar for different reasons.
>>
>>165521836

Once you've tapped any available hydroelectric and geothermal sources you're pretty much left with only nuclear until we figure this whole fusion thing out. And we've known for decades now how to make nuclear reactors that are physically incapable of melting down. Problem is most countries are too scared of the boogeyman to build them (except China; expect them to have more energy than the rest of the world combined soon), but not scared enough to shut down the older ticking time bomb designs because we literally cannot survive without that energy at this point.
>>
hey someone post some generic flooring that doesn't look like complete ass that i can use for my main island in sky factory
>>
>>165521960
>>165521836
That's why you collect solar energy from the space, where there is higher radiation and no problems about cloudy days.
Remember those wireless chargers? yeah that eventually can mean you can transfer the energy via the same method back to earth.
Or you can just use the deserts too and some wind together.
>>
>>165520876
All wind energy might work for one eurocuck city thats on the windiest coastline in its entire country with a population in the 10,000's.

I'd like to see wind energy fuel the millions of cars in a single city. The trains transporting food to their mouths. The clothes they wear, the deodorant, the toothbrushes, the toilet paper. The tankers that carry goods across the ocean. The servers that host web pages so your fatass can sit on 4chan and claim that people are "just greedy and only care about money" when you're a non contributing zero.

If it's so easy go become a chemical engineer specializing in fossil fuel alternatives and fix the problem yourself. You won't though because appearing to be just is easier than actually being just. Its a lot easier to sit here and pretend you aren't a greedy cockroach resource sponge and blame the "Corporations" providing hundreds of thousands of jobs for your nation, innovating, achieving, and pushing the boundaries of human existence and understanding further than they've ever been in our entire history.
>>
>>165522635
They say they are planning a global network, so you collect wind from lots of parts in the planet, which will mean that if there is wind in some place, very strong, they will try and distribute it in a way so that it goes to places where there is no wind currently.
I read that one kilowatt was $128 with oil, with wind it is just $56.
>>
File: 1459011821133.png (361KB, 964x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459011821133.png
361KB, 964x720px
>>165522635
Also i have my own business and rent rooms for people, so nice assumptions and projections.
>>
>>165522296

Wireless energy transmission at this scale also doubles as a death ray/doomsday device so you'd better be sure you understand what you're wishing for.
>>
>>165523061
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power
>Wind farms consist of many individual wind turbines which are connected to the electric power transmission network. Onshore wind is an inexpensive source of electric power, competitive with or in many places cheaper than coal or gas plants.
>inb4 wikipedia is not a reliable source because you got rekt, dumb ass.
>>
>>165522296
>Remember those wireless chargers? yeah that eventually can mean you can transfer the energy via the same method back to earth.

Wireless transmission isn't efficient so that's some pretty big losses right there. Induction plain doesn't work at all at distance, so that leaves only transmission by radiation.. but that's the smaller problem.
The bigger one is of the beam being incredibly dangerous. Pick whatever wavelength you want, at distribution-level energies enough of it is going to interact very destructively with anything in its path.
>>
>>165519691
I think you have something confused with that first sentence but the second is helpful
I'll start learning Java
>>
>>165522992
>>165523632
Nuclear energy is the same anon. And we still use it.
>>
>>165523739
Ok great b8 m8.
>>
>>165523706

Nuclear provides a hell of a lot more energy and easier to contain.

What we're "still using" is outdated and too dangerous, and is not what it should be, though.
>>
>>165524813
The radioactive waste is a massive problem though. And sabotage or human error makes it still fucking doomsday device.
>>
>>165514246
sure if you count games like cawladoody and csgo
>>
>>165524956

Hard to sabotage fluid-fueled reactors, since they're self-regulating and can't enter a meltdown state and don't interact with water (no steam or hydrogen explosions). And since they can take advantage of thorium fuel chains and reprocess their fuel in-situ the waste issue a lot easier to manage. You can burn up any long-lived fissiles instead of discarding them as waste, and several available fuel chains avoid producing any significant quantities of non-fissile long-lived radioactives at all.
>>
>tfw no minecraft related shitposting.

THE THREAD WILL GET PRUNED.

Forestry is a shit mod and I don't play with it. I wish he would make the farms and everything else modular instead of making you download the entire shitty bee filled, tree shilled, mess.
>>
>>165525359
>not replacing all mining and resource gathering needs with hives upon hives of mutant ore-shitting bees
>>
>>165525359
I also really like the multi-farms. Kinda wish there was an open-source repository for Forestry, but I think it's still one of the few closed-source mods out there.
>>
>>165525359
It was either that or letting it 404 though, boyo.
>>
Okay, so instead of asking which mods I should include in my pack, let me ask you this...

Which mods should I avoid and why?
>>
>>165526187
botania
>>
>>165523642

You need to smelt a bunch of grout into seared bricks, and at least one sand into glass for a tank using a regular furnace before you can build the TC smeltery.
>>
>>165526187
I avoid all the magic shit personally.
>>
>>165523642
>>165526335

Disregard that I am an asshole and thought you were talking about Tinker's Construct for some reason.
>>
>>165526187
I avoid applied energistics and thaumcraft.

I just don't like the mods very much. AE2 just feels super cheezy and thaumcraft never really seemed to provide practical benefits that were worth it in the versions that I tried it out. One day I might try it but I'd probably do it with a pack I designed specifically for it.
>>
>>165526187
Avoid Tinker's Construct and it's addons
>>
>>165526526
What do you use to contain monstrous storage? I am addicted to AE because it saves so much time lookng for shit in my massive storage of 20 resonant strongboxes enchanted with holding IV and 10 cells.
>>
>>165526546
>>165526371
>>165526309
>and why?
>>
>>165526371

Are ActuallyAdditions with empowering and ExtraUtilities2 with grid power too much like magic for you?

>>165526526

AE is more of a sympton of how a lot of mods have dozens of new generated resources and crafting recipes 50 layers deep. Basically a mod providing autocrafting and storage consolidation to deal with a problem caused by mods in the first place.
>>
>>165526660
Because I don't like it, no particular reason.
Equivalent cheat change was so broken in 1.2.5 and OP it left me a bad taste for anything magic related.
>>
>>165526631
I don't hoard literally everything. I generally just pipe stuff into barrels.
>>
>>165526761
Everything isuseful with my mods installed.
I am currently working in making septuple compressed cobblestones to kill the wither and finish this world.
I have done everything else.
>>
File: 1482304084206.png (14KB, 635x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482304084206.png
14KB, 635x773px
https://youtu.be/9fhzbaETUG0?t=34

I think I found my new modpack main menu theme.
>>
File: 1470277210415.gif (1022KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470277210415.gif
1022KB, 500x250px
>>165527154
Is this a real 12 year old? otherwise, what the hell, CWC of minecraft.
>>
>>165527409

>he uploaded a new song a week ago

https://youtu.be/EM1f10Ba8dk

FUCKING SMASHMOUTH
>>
>>165527579
What about this one? less cringy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Oi8jhBbcA
>>
>>165525359
The extra woods are pretty much the only thing that makes me keep Forestry
>>
>>165526660
Tinker's construct makes pretty much any tool from any other mod completely obsolete with much lower requirements and upkeep.
>>
>>165528389
I completely agree.

I have a friend that prefers using the smelter for ore doubling over like pulverizers/ macerators too and I just don't understand it.
>>
>>165528389
I prefer redstone arsenal myself.
>>
>>165526631
StorageDrawers + EnderIO
>>
>>165528878
Everybody always shills ender IO, but I never see the appeal.
>>
>>165528934
Best most efficient item, power and fluid transport system. Can be combined with Storage Drawers to make a ghetto AE
>>
>>165528389
Even if they didn't, tinker-style tools don't mix well with recipe-style tools.
>>
>>165529089
I don't like drawers, caches are easier to make since I got TE. Unless you use drawers other than extra utilities ones.
>>
File: thread_lead.png (212KB, 874x500px) Image search: [Google]
thread_lead.png
212KB, 874x500px
>>165529330
There are drawers from Extra Utilities?

No I mean the drawers from the mod StorageDrawers
>>
>>165529506
Those look nice, how many item can they even store? caches are hard to make at the start, because invar is scarce, but they keep 10000 items with just 4 tin and one wood log.
Every upgrade multiplies by 4, so hardened 40000, reinforced 160k, resonant 640k.
Invar for second tier, hardened glass for third, and enderium for the last one.
>>
>>165529681
basic storage drawers are I think 32 stacks, then the 1x2 is half that and the 2x2 is half again.
they have accumulating upgrades though with no upgrade to upgrade capacity like JABBA.
stick in upgrade 1, 2, 3 etc.
they do have a limit of 5 possible upgrades though, so you can have all 5 capacity upgrades, or compromise capacity in exchange for the functional upgrades.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_01.33.08.png (550KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_01.33.08.png
550KB, 1920x1051px
>Make a fully cryotheum automated system with only TE and Extra utilities rationing pipes
How did I do
>>
>>165530687
Excellent, now plunge the overworld into the next ICE AGE.
>>
>used to play on lava survival servers in minecraft classic a long time ago
>start wondering if those exist on modern minecraft
>feel the urge to play this game again just to experience this old game mode that may or may not exist

What do?
>>
File: 2017-01-14_01.40.45.png (984KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_01.40.45.png
984KB, 1920x1051px
>>165530831
I actually used it to make my BR reactor all filled completely with source blocks using flood gates, after putting resonant ender in the border. It is great it doesn't delete the source blocks of ender while filling. First time I love one thing in buildcraft.
>>
>>165531102
>>used to play on lava survival servers in minecraft classic a long time ago
You mean the ones where you had a limited amount of time to build something before everything was flooded with lava? The ones where other players would try to find others safehouses and try to sabotage them?
>>
>>165528389
The crossbow/bolts and cleaver especially. Both can do over 60 damage properly upgraded and eclipse the end-game weapons in several other mods.

>>165528698
It's super basic to make and can be hoppered to pour straight into blocks without any autocrafting system, which is handy.
>>
>>165531235
Depending on what you use, macerator from ic2 and pulverizer from TE are usually better choices.
Specially the pulverizer thanks to the extra materials it produces.
>>
File: 1470104870603.jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470104870603.jpg
74KB, 900x900px
>>165531215
Yes, exactly. Those were the fucking days. It was fun to both grief and play the game mode seriously. I remember a lot of times where one random player stumbled across my super secret safehouse, and we shared it together. Man was I good at that game mode.

I swear to god if this stuff still exists and there are active servers I'm reinstalling minecraft
>>
Any other interesting LPer besides Etho?
>>
>>165531350

Neither of those produce entire smelted blocks, and both require a power infrastructure.
>>
>>165531593
>infrastructure
You mean steam dynamo or a cheap generator? those are easy to make. Then you can build the other machines.
>>
>>165531452
I remember those days. I can't believe how long ago it was already.
>>
How safe is it to remove mods?
>>
>>165531902
I do it all the time. You just lose everything the mod contained and all the materials, ores and everything it spawns.
If you travelled far and it spawns ores, you gonna have a lot of holes in those places where they spawned.
>>
>>165531902
Just don't remove terraingen mods after you've already generated a world with them.

It could have ugly and catastrophic consequences on your world.
>>
>>165532067
Well something that adds trees and biomes, yeah you have to restart the world for those. As usual, make a backup before messing with shit.
>>
>>165531665
I know, right? Feels like only centuries ago I was having the time of my life on one of the most popular lava survival servers. Even if the game mode exists in modern minecraft, I don't know if it'll be the same. With how classic worked, you could pull off a lot of stealthy shit. Instant block placement and removal, middle click to copy a block, and you couldn't see names through walls. You could quite literally sneak in, fuck up someone's base in a subtle way and even hide in the walls or underground.

Classic was so much fun despite being very lacking in content.
>>
>>165530687
>MAWPCUtilities
y tho
>>
>>165532209
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/escaperestart-lava-survival-smp-creative-adventure-t488341.html
Found this
>>
>>165532445
What?
>>
>>165513109
Not really. covers1624 asked CoFH if he could take up their mods, seeing as he also took up ChickenBones's. (Apparently, KingLemming is also contributing to that repo now.)
>>
Biomes O' Plenty y/n
>>
File: cobble compressor.jpg (59KB, 1162x314px) Image search: [Google]
cobble compressor.jpg
59KB, 1162x314px
How do compacting drawers work with pipes in sheeit? I want to make this work where I can withdraw whatever step of cobble I want from any point, is such a thing possible?

I mainly just want it to compress it to maximum for optimal container efficiency, but I want to be able to withdraw it as normal cobble for convenience.
>>
>>165533226
I use a cache/chest/drawer for every step. Usually one container that can keep multiple stacks of the same thing, connected to your auto crafting utility (buildcraft autowork bench, cyclic assembler TE, molecular assmbler AE or whatever).
Unless you are using AE, then I have no clue.
>>
>>165532690
MAWPC UTILITIES
>>
>>165533538
I was going to be using StorageDrawer's compacting drawers hooked up to a drawer controller and an Ender IO inventory thingy.
>>
I'm gonna be honest, I don't really get the urge to build immense, grand or aesthetic structures with tech mods like I do magic mods. I don't know why that is, but I just lose interest a lot faster with tech based worlds.
>>
>>165533560
Explain?
>>
>>165533226
pretty simple. that pic you have describes the simplest cobble compression, and with ducts you get a compact version too.
you cannot extract/insert on the face of course, but every other side works fine from what I've been able to tell.
>>
File: devil ship.png (75KB, 416x340px) Image search: [Google]
devil ship.png
75KB, 416x340px
what the fuck is this
>>
>>165514445

Tinkers has been out for 1.10 for a while.

>>165533176

Just disable all the different taigas. Like 3/4 of the world ends up taigas.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_00.43.51.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_00.43.51.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Does this look acceptble or messed up? It is 3 blocks high on all sides, but because of the terrain I had to fuck with it.

I can't really change the terrain because it is all hilly as fuck.
>>
>>165534308
How do I do that?
>>
>>165534286
a reminder of why you don't download shitty weeb mods
>>
>>165534371
edit biomegen.cfg
>>
>>165534347
>Cobblestone
Now that's why it looks ugly. Use fucking stone bricks.
>>
>>165534347
a-are you playing vanilla, anon?
>>
>>165534414
But they make me feel good. It's not like I'm downloading naruto edgy eye mods.
>>
>>165534347
Anon is cute!
>>
File: 1480824629871.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1480824629871.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>165534546
Yes.
>>
>>165535264
lafffin
>>
Should I use Grimoire of Gaia?
>>
>Download Thaumcraft and a bunch of recommended addons for it
>Realize I have no idea how to use Thaumcraft

what do I do
>>
>>165536012
Buy a rope and try bungie jumping with your neck.
>>
>>165536101
ok
>>
>>165535652
That is why I hate posting screens here.
>>
>>165536309
This is 4chan, why are you such a little beeeyeeetch, nonny.
>>
>>165534347
height's ok, would look better with stone bricks and some C R E N U L A T I O N S
>>
>>165536367
How about I fuck your shit
>>
File: 2017-01-14_04.43.29.png (367KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_04.43.29.png
367KB, 1920x1018px
So I'm going around Trainserb taking pictures of everything and I decide to pop on some music in the little tavern in Lone's rail yard.

well. I did not expect go to on a feels roller coaster.
>>
>>165535882
do you want to be raped in the ass repeatedly?
>>
File: 2015-08-20_01.33.38.png (2MB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-20_01.33.38.png
2MB, 1920x1018px
>>165536954
I dunno if anyone let alone myself could wait seven more months for TS2 but it would've made a great milestone to hit that two-year mark.

this is the first screenshot I have of anything in Trainserb and I don't even remember why I took it something about the smeltery being that close to my shitty starter house which still stands not being OSHA approved
>>
Which map mod should I use?
>>
>>165537129
voxel map
>>
>>165537091
Yes?

But if not that, which mob mods do you recommend?
>>
>>165537205
thats ha hard one because mob mods are either op, ugly, or both. but try hostile mobs and girls, its fork
>>
>>165536954
>That food

How?
>>
>>165536954
https://youtu.be/V9vQ_y9JJ1E?t=22s
>>
In Electrical Age, does setting
>B:replicatorPop=false
prevent replicators from spawning?
>>
>Start world
>Feels wrong
>Know I can just keep walking until I find a good place but I keep feeling like I should restart
>This is the tenth one tonight

how do I stop it
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>165537451
>Comments are full of Jojo references
>The uploader keeps responding

>"Thanks for your comment. I shared this song, like many others, with the only hope that it touched the hearts of others who also feel the same kind of nostalgia that I do. But it struck me that so many people saw the video, especially so many young people. Investigating why I found the Japanese series of which you speak. I am an old man, but I am interested in the world of young people (I have 4 children and some grandchildren) so I got the first season of the series and I loved it. I read all the comments and tried to answer them. I am genuinely interested in knowing the thoughts and feelings of those who write. Greetings from Santiago de Chile."
>>
>>165537708
take a break, resume, you'll get a good one eventually. or one that you'll settle for.
>>
>>165537807
there is good in this world after all
>>
>>165537376
Apple&Milk&Tea
>>
File: 2017-01-14_05.19.51.png (2MB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_05.19.51.png
2MB, 1920x1018px
someone was naughty. I can tell by my 0 to 1 FPS just ahead.

i'll deal with it in the morning
>>
>>165538625

At least it wasn't someone fucking up the setup of a Draconic reactor right outside of spawn.
>>
File: fueps6itfmv63jmtvmos.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fueps6itfmv63jmtvmos.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Because I was bored yesterday, I decided to make this little build in survival. Let me know what you think =P
>>
File: ok60m8nd9xnzirmwf8mr.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ok60m8nd9xnzirmwf8mr.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>165538931
wew! All that digging was worth it! >_<
>>
>>165538931
>>165539025
Joke's on you, that typing style is endearing to me. Post more builds from that guy's twitter and don't stop cuteposting
>>
>>165537091
>Anon was shot by Siren!
>Anon was shot by Siren!
>Anon was shot by Siren!

Okay, I see what you're saying.
>>
>>165536012
>find thaumonomicon
>RTFM
or
>craft basic wand
>click on a bookshelf
>grab thaumonomicon
>RTFM
>>
>>165515687
faithful 32x is the only one i play with desu
>>
>>165515263
H Y P E D as fuck. Currently playing Factorio to keep the autism flowing to create a large factory with a train network.
Any ETA on the release, or is there still too much to fix/handle?
>>
what can i use to generate RF other than tree farm -> charcoal -> generator, big reactor, water mills/wind turbines, and lava?
>>
>>165531525
Nope. Etho has has always been in a league of his own.
>>
What is a good modpack to play, I havent played since 1.2.5, ?
>>
>>165520876
wind power is expensive, inefficient, kills birds, is noisy, and is a fucking eyesore

literally neck yourself, commie
chinese are #1 contributor to global co2 production
>>
>>165515263
i too am hyped as fuck
freightserb oregen configs are giving me brain damage, cofhcore doesnt work and COG is too hard despite the attempted help
>>
>>165515263
Are pirate fags welcomed? I want to ride and build trains.
>>
>>165543812
Last thing I read in the Etherpad was that it's probably going to be yarhar-friendly
>>
>>165541609
depends on the mods you have, of course
>XU
>>potion generators
a personal favorite, the more steps in your potion, the better it gets
>>pink generators
it has a really low output, but that can motivate you into making a gay ship(wool) farm, i guess.
>MFR
>>biofuel reactor
makes biofuel that you can burn instead of oil, stick different crops in the reactor to maximize production.
>AMT2
>>hand crank
i'm pretty sure that you can get that to power other machines somehow, i haven't played with it in forever so that might have been fixed, who knows

that's what i can think of at the moment
of course there's also TE's dynamos (the reactant one might be ok as a trash can) and railcraft's steam, but most people use that already
>>
>Play skyblock for the first time in forever
>build out platform
>make cobblegen
>burn down entire base

I'm a goddamn moron
>>
File: come on now.jpg (52KB, 599x336px) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
52KB, 599x336px
>>165536012
>has an ingame manual
>literally forces handholding through progression by introducing one feature to the player at a time
>still asks for handholding
>>
>>165544871
hold my hand I'm scared and it makes me feel safe
>>
>>165544235
>>Play skyblock
yes you are
>>
>>165542767
>is a fucking eyesore
nice subjective opinions faggot
i bet you also hate solar energy because solar panels are an eyesore

fucking keep your american education to yourself
>>
Hi /mcg/. I recently decided to start renting a server from MelonCube and was having some difficulty figuring out how to set it up with mods.

I understand that I need to run the mods on my local machine first to get everything in running condition before exporting the file to the server using FTP. My problem is that I can't figure out how to tell the server to use more RAM to finish the initial setup on my local machine. I've googled it and I'm not computer literate enough to understand the instructions and I was hoping one of you nerds would help explain it to my dumb ass.
>>
File: 1471455908015.png (46KB, 443x531px) Image search: [Google]
1471455908015.png
46KB, 443x531px
>been using Coterie Craft for god knows how long
>switch to default texture pack
>suddenly feel all nostalgic for the early days
>>
Holy shit direwolf20 is a douchebag
>>
>>165545945
Solar power, and all types of "green" power are leftist constructs, they're not viable at all on the grand scale.
Nuclear is god, kill yourself.
>>
>>165546394
>Nuclear is god
>literally cataclysm waiting to happen: the power source
LOL
you first
>>
File: 1475613710070.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475613710070.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>165546440
I bet you think reactors blow up into a nuclear explosion.
>>
>>165546440
>believing oil industry memes
The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.
>every nuclear plant accident has been the result of bureaucracy
>the accidents themselves have caused very few fatalities, usually all by proxy of radiation leakage
>all nuclear power plants currently in use are heavily outdated, with US ones being designed for the specific purpose of atomic bomb creation, rather than efficiency or safety
>there exists several reactor designs, such as LFTR reactors, that are literally completely safe, even if they melt down, but they've been stopped by the oil and "green" lobbies, who coincidentally always work together to crush nuclear power
>there's also fusion
>>
>>165546635
I agree with you about nuclear energy
but
>there is also fusion
there will be, it hasnt been done yet
>>
>>165545945
I'm not an american, keep your assumptions to yourself.
since when did you learn that wind power is ugly in school, i sure never heard that one

maybe if you didnt live in the fucking city you would see the blot they are on an otherwise beautiful landscape

literally worse than golf courses

I'd be more ok with it if it actually worked but it doesnt, its unreliable

solar panels are fine desu but they're pointless here cause theres barely any sunlight

>>165546394
hydroelectric is pretty green and not a leftist construct, it works all the time not just when its sunny or when its windy

>>165546440
ignorant

>>165546635
>fusion
not yet

>>165545987
contact their support, friend - they should be much more helpful
i can run through how you do it with just a regular server, not minecraft special needs hosting

you'll want to get the modpack working, configured on your machine first then upload the mods and config folders to your server

in the main directory should be the forge universal jar (same version as your modpack) and the vanilla minecraft server jar

you then start the server with the forge jar, accept the eula, remove any clientside-only mods (optifine, mousetweaks, some nei addons usually cause trouble), edit server.properties to your liking, and fire up forge again

I'm a little confused about which needs more ram, the server or client? server should be done by the host, client is changed in instance settings > settings > java (assuming you're using multimc)

hope this helped and didnt just confuse you more
>>
>>165546713
Thorium reactors aren't a thing yet either due to lack of funding for the projects.
Was mostly talking about the "could be", rather than the "is".
""""Green"""" and oil lobbies are the only reasons why nuclear energy is still in its infancy.

>>165546943
>hydro
I always forget about that one, it's not a leftist construct, but its usage is very limited.
>>
File: 1484360730088.png (193KB, 448x595px) Image search: [Google]
1484360730088.png
193KB, 448x595px
>>165546943
>keep your assumptions to yourself.
>maybe if you didnt live in the fucking city
>>
>>165547064
at least my assumptions are grounded in reality, not just herp derp americans r dum!
>>
>>165547051
Yeah, I dont know why so little country use nuclear, dont know if its the (((lobby)))
>>165546943
But for hydro you need rivers with a decent flow speed, and a good spot to put a dam, both of which my country doesn't have, but nuclear is still a very good option
>>165546943
I live in the flattest country on earth, we use a lot of wind power, I don't think they're eyesores
Not that there is any beautiful scenery to block with windmills here
>>
>>165547410
t. american
>>
>>165542767
>wind power is expensive, inefficient, kills birds, is noisy, and is a fucking eyesore
Don't mind me, just scrolling through the ded and wanted to point out how fucking stupid this post is. Eat shit and die, Ted Kennedy.
>>
I wish there was a small modded server with just thaumcraft only
>>
>>165548031
>Ted Kennedy
he already died, numbnuts

>>165547859
i swear im not american m8

enough of this offtopic shit anyway, neither side is gonna change their mind
>>
>>165548476
why dont you make one?
small modpacks without any mad shit like biome-specific oregen are easy as hell to make and serve

hell, pay for the server and I'll set it up for free
>>
File: 1448707475080.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1448707475080.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
>>165546943
roads are a fucking blot on landscapes
factories are a fucking blot on landscapes
hell, cities are a fucking blot on landscapes too

maybe we should all just go back to living in caves like the cavemen we are

or at least you are, fucking moron
>>
>>165548683
>implying wind turbines are comparable at all to cities, factories and roads

just stop posting, fucking wind shill
>>
>>165549564
as if coal plants are better than wind mills
>>
>>165548556
You should follow suit.
>>
>>165549564
>no argument
that's what i thought
>>
>>165549564
windmills are beautiful you fucking subhuman
>>
>IE's crusher kills everything that falls into it and spits out their drops
>Think about what it would be like if I made a farm of mob girls and rigged it so that they would keep falling into it

that would be really weird if someone did that haha
>>
>>165546943
Thanks, I got it all figured out now.

On a side note, would anyone like to play Skyfactory 3 on my server?
>>
>>165550281
no
>>
>>165550403
No it wouldn't be weird?
>>
>>165550529
Yes it would be weird

no as in don't do it
>>
So is permanent warp in Thaumcraft something I should be avoiding or is it just how you progress in the mod? I'm kind of scared to do anything.
>>
>>165550586
oh good I just didn't know what you meant haha
>>
>>165549770
theres nothing to argue, you're just wrong
>>165549629
>>165549760
>>165550273
samefag

>>165550273
glad to hear it

>>165550281
pff ive done that before, not with a proper spawning system though just baiting them onto conveyors
which mob girls?
>>
File: 1477572757486.jpg (24KB, 517x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477572757486.jpg
24KB, 517x600px
>>165550740
>theres nothing to argue, you're just wrong
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (23KB, 776x287px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
23KB, 776x287px
>>165550740
you got me there
>>
>>165548661
I would but I get the feeling it would end up dead.
>>
>>165550594
You need warp to unlock the eldritch tab but I think the soap has a very low chance to remove warp.
>>
>>165551112
The soap can't remove perm warp, only temp and sticky/normal
>>
>>165498543
I want more bosses after Draconic Evolution Chaos Guardian

Do I have any options?
>>
>>165552301
>draconic evo

If you already finished that you are basically done with everything since you one shot every boss.
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (74KB, 630x850px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
74KB, 630x850px
Rate Modpack
>>
>>165552970
that's a lot of obscure mods in there
>>
>>165553323
That was the goal of it, not all of it works 100%, but Im having fun
>>
>>165539025
>>165538931
I don't get why people do this... Why would you cling to MC as your medium when you're obviously a proficient 3d modeler... Its like, making 1080p pixel art...
>>
>>165538931
>=P
>>_<
fuck off reddit
>>
>>165552970
>all those multi-duplicated download filenames
Wad the fugg anon
>>
>>165555029
Im too lazy to look them up every time, so I just redownload them
>>
>>165555062
At this point I have about 1300 jar files in my download folder
>>
>>165555062
>not even copying them over from another instance that already has them
*autistic shrieking*
>>
>>165555215
youre gonna love the fact that I have downlaoded the same version of Chisel 7 times, and that I have 1352 jar files in my downloads folder
>>
>>165555896
suddenly adfly jews make sense
>>
>>165556284
I use an adfly skipper
>>
File: 2017-01-13_21.14.20.png (1MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-13_21.14.20.png
1MB, 1920x1005px
Toxic jungle fag here, worldpainter update incoming.
>>
1.10 tinkers looks a lot better. Looks like im falling for the 1.10 jew
>>
File: Map.jpg (292KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
292KB, 1024x768px
Working on painting the world right now. Rough sketchup, I have to paint it in parts because painting a 20k x 20k worldpainter map on my PC lags like fuuuuck.

So the Locations WIP are lettered:
a.) The City. A massive ruined foundation of the past age's metropolis, the foundations recede deep into the substrate, and much scrap and ancient engine tech can be found here, plus a small new city thriving in a sector of the ruins.

b.) Dakaan, the concrete city, baking in the sun on the desert shore of the pestilent ocean. I may move it further inland since why would anyone build a city on the shore of an ocean that yields no fish and is poisonous to the touch?

c.) A city still hidden within the substrate on a volcanic isle, they have long been isolated from the world (think fire nation from ATLAB only with diesel-punk tech instead of steam). This will be the harshest inhabitable biome.

d.) The Crown. A massive megastructure from the last age (a broken down terraformer that once adjusted atmospheric levels on the planet). A war was fought here a few decades ago.

e.) Name pending, the capitol of the eastern continent, build atop a massive hydroelectric damn.
>>
>>165559013
What was the map making tool you used named again, I forgot
>>
lol u mad assie?
>>
>>165559397
Inkarnate.
You have to sign up for the beta IIRC but it takes two seconds.

Biomes are numbered as follows:

1.) The great desert. Pretty standard desert here, small wavy dunes, not many mountains. Will include gears-buried-in-sand meme, made of scrap metal (that looks nice but is a product of actual metal blocks so you can't use it to get ahead) as well as small tribal towns to be subjugated by totally !not Pejite.

2.) Toxic jungle, I won't explain this one since, with my picture spam it should be fairly obvious what it is.

3.) no idea what to put up here. There should be a reason to traverse the jungle to get up here, but I have no idea what.

4.) Volcanic island, including deep tunnels of substrate that contain large facilities from before the end days that skim the magma for iron content and fabricate things from it. An evil empire has taken up residence here.

5.) Another no idea. I'm thinking like mesa plateaus to the ocean as of now, badlands but not quite apocalypse style, the eastern continent is mostly protected by mountains, so the area is less polluted.

6. + 7.) Ice wastes. Incredibly barren and inhospitable.

8.) The heartwood. Massive fur trees in a mountain valley. The planks in these trees are perfect for the decks of airships, and as such are being fervently logged.

9.) A great snaking river winds through this marsh valley. Tall grass as far as the eye can see in some places, wading through the weeds is tedious, best to take a boat.

10.) A forest. To the NW will be a large Iron mining community, don't know what else to put here yet, but there will definitely be a hidden secret bathouse with maximum coziness.

11.) will be like hawaii if the oceans on earth were made of poison. "tropical" island floating in a sea of trash.
>>
>>165560136
>3.) no idea what to put up here. There should be a reason to traverse the jungle to get up here, but I have no idea what.

Factory / science park in ruins in a cold climate?
>>
>>165559597
Not at all.
>>
>>165560632
Interesting, how would it vary from the mega city ruins, I think I'm going to have to throw most of my doodadling and fidgeting into making the city ruins look sufficiently noisey with ruined tech, it may be hard to make a cold version look sufficiently different, but maybe if people had ideas on it
>>
File: 1460759455503.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460759455503.png
17KB, 600x600px
So how are you supposed to get sweeping edge? Been breeding villagers since it came out and not a single one has had that enchant. I have so many villagers in my gulag that i had to make a new one. Is it even possible to get it from villagers?
>>
>>165561065
>how would it vary from the mega city ruins
Maybe the concept wouldn't vary too much, but pick up mega city ruins, and add 20-30 layers of snow on the areas outdoors, and ice/water on the lower layers. Then you could have tunnels or other places where the snow/ice melted between the buildings.
I don't know, maybe some half-flooded ice tunnel between two building ruins, or something like that
>>
>>165534286
part of a base, rather than part of a bote.
>>
>twitter drama about CoFH mods coming to 1.10.2
>people tired of the same fucking modpacks don't want us to go back to being the same old modpacks with the same old staple mods
>status quo of direwolf and cpw defend maintaining the status quo because they don't want to rock the boat

Fuck this community. This is yet more proof that the FTB goons talked Lemming into coming back, and they're panicking when someone resists. FTB needs that interoperability that TeamCoFH brought, and now that modpacks were finally starting to become something unique and disjointed again FTB was getting scared.
>>
>>165561823
Maybe an oil facility too...
>>
>>165563017
You could also build big-ass factories with massive warehouses, broken assembly lines, maybe some working lights to give atmosphere, some half-ruined offices on top of the assembly lines with something useful, etc.
>>
>>165562381
>FTB needs that interoperability that TeamCoFH brought

You mean Forge Energy?
>>
>>165563447
This is a bit too recent-apocalypse,

I'm focusing on LONG past megastructures, think like Halo Forerunner scale ruins instead of traditional post apocalypse empty cities. But I could build a mega factory, like a fabricator with huge input pipes and hoses nestled in the substrate.
>>
>>165561148
what are you talking about?
>>
>>165565484
its a new enchant from 1.11, memeshit
>>
File: reee.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>aight, let's build a cozy cute factory
>n hours of procrastination and building later
I fucking hate it all
Why can't i into planning
>>
>>165567237
It looks really neat, what mods are you using?
>>
>>165551112
>>165550594
Know that there's a mod that removes the RNG with unlocking the eldritch tab.
>>
>>165567237
>Those glowing bushes
They look fugly.
>>
>>165568514
>Neat
For single player maybe, I am sure griefers would love to destroy wood houses.
>>
>>165568514
as a guy who only modded a bit: how do you change properties of existing mechanics or blocks?
>>
>>165563493
CoFH brought more than RF, they also made ore and world generation and other things universal. FTB finally thought they could make products that would look entirely like something THEY made, and not individual mods from modders.

Looks like we're going back to generic tech packs.
>>
so mcg hates faction servers?
>>
>>165568805
>they also made ore and world generation and other things universal

Really? Few mods actually depended on Thermal Foundation for resources, and a unified ore generator mod is not their invention either - SimpleOres and Custom Ore Generation both predate it massively.
>>
>>165567237
You usually start a factory with an extremely large flat space.
>>
>>165567237
You need to build bigger, that's one of the biggest mistakes people make, and not just beginners. Always build bigger, if it's too big, you can always fill it in later. Too small and you have to rebuild all of it to fit in your new things. Another mistake you made was placing your factory and machines before you laid a foundation of any sorts. Have you ever seen a factory in real life that just threw all other multi million dollar machinery, extruders, furnaces, smelters, conveyors and so on - and just threw them on the fucking lawn THEN build the factory around it. No, they always build the housing then they move the equipment into it. They do it for a reason, besides the obvious reasons why you put your machines under a roof they come across the first problem that I mentioned, it's far more work to rebuild and move all the parts again once they're placed.

>>165568763
You generally don't or shouldn't unless you're an advanced operator and know the repercussions of changing the base code everything relies on. What that mod did, and that forge adds in advance are event hooks that fire during all sorts of conditions. The one they used there was probably an update tick event that checked if the entity was on fire then you know slapped fire into the world.
>>
>>165568514
>finishing what dinnerbong started as regards trying to make fire aspect/flame into enchants that completely ruin weapons
for what purpose.
>>
looking for a texture pack that leaves the shapes blocky but adds depth. anything like that?
>>
>>165559013
I love the idea, are you just building a map or it's part of a mod?
>>
>>165570327
Wasn't flint and steel nerfed though? Your mod wouldn't be.
>>
>>165567237
>Techguns
>Reikashit
My nigga
>>
Man, Erebus adds all sorts of random stuff, but for some reason it doesn't feel bloated. I only just realized it included this max-comfy armchair.

>>165567237
If you just build everything in circles or squares, things tend to just line up.
>>
Me and a friend are trying to play Tekkit Legends. Is this the go-to minecraft factorio-like modpack, or is there something better now that we're missing?

Also, is it normal for Tekkit Legends to take the piss to launch?
>>
>>165572076
All modpacks after 1.6 take very long to load.
There are many modpacks, but the newer and larger they are the longer it takes to load
>>
>>165572205
I see. What modpacks are people playing these days?
>>
>>165570580
Map/modpack hosted on a server for all to play.

Come to think of it, I don't know anything about modded territory protection, can anybody list a few?
>>
>>165572307
Feed The Beast, self made ones
If you plan on playing FTB dont go Infinity
because the standard one needs 6gb ram, and the "lite" one needs atleast 4gb
So pick your poison
>>
>>165572642
Is FTB laptop friendly?
>>
File: 1459898955289.jpg (48KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459898955289.jpg
48KB, 720x480px
>>165572814
>FTB, technic
>laptop friendly
>>
>>165572553
>Map/modpack hosted on a server for all to play
Will you post a dl link for people who want to play single player?

>>165572814
>Is FTB laptop friendly?
It depends on the laptop, but usually no
>>
>>165572814
No, all packs for 1.10 require at least 4gb
I would pick a smaller pack or an older one
>>
>>165572960
>>165572971
>>165572982

Well, I'm running on 8GB of RAM, with an i5. Tekkit Legends seems to be running pretty well. Is FTB much different?
>>
>>165573516
>Tekkit legends is running well
Do you have liquid cooling or play on a desk? laptops with so much load will eventually heat so much hey physically burn you skin after 3 or so hours.
>>
>>165573647
Playing on a desk. I'm using this laptop while I'm English teaching in Spain. Me and a friend from England are trying to find cool games that will play nice with my laptop. Thinkpad master race.
>>
>>165573881
Well then FTB might work, try it out. It is really resource intensive though.
>>
>>165574002
Thanks bro. Thanks /mcg/. Wish me luck.
>>
>>165572971
surely! But i'll probably start the server with some stuff not built and build while other people play in the finished areas.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_13.37.30.png (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_13.37.30.png
768KB, 1920x1080px
>>165571909
Forgot picture.
>>
>>165575840
I prefer jammy's furniture.
>>
File: 1473059285966.gif (498KB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
1473059285966.gif
498KB, 500x236px
>>165548683
Underrated post
>>
>>165550740
>theres nothing to argue, I am just an oil shill
Glad to know.
>>
>>165574736
Thanks man, i can't wait to see it finished
>>
>>165537451
I should play the song whenever I use a train.
>there are no passanger transport trains on my country
>tfw will never know the comfyness of it.
>>165537807
Cool grandpa
>>
>>165579069
>tfw Poland
>tfw cheap passenger transport trains are a reality
>>
Is there a way to find the seed of a server if you don't have permission to /seed?

I want to use a program to find slime chunks but I need to find the seed first
>>
>>165582961
hi asie
>>
>>165583448
If swamps spawn on the server and you need slimeballs, take it from me: swamps are much better for harvesting slimes.
>>
TRAINS
erb 2
>>
>>165583930
theres trains on dedse.. err i mean comfyserb
>>
>>165583813
Counting from what starting point? How am I supposed to know which chunks within there are slime ones afterward
>>
>>165584116
But that one isn't newly started and already has everything built in it.
>>
TECH IS SHIT

IT IS WORST MODS
>>
File: FUCK SPELLS.png (63KB, 280x274px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK SPELLS.png
63KB, 280x274px
>>165584649
>>
>>165584616
>isn't newly started
might as well be, no ones on it

>already has everything built in it.
what? if you mean people have already built everything then no, no one has gotten very far
>>
>>165584616
TRAINSERB2 IS HERE?????!?!?!?
>>
>>165583224
IDK how people end up like that and how surprisingly they recover, glad you did recover anon.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_16.10.06.png (405KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_16.10.06.png
405KB, 1360x706px
Yo toxicjungle fag, do you have any ideas or builds for the cities yet? I could help you with that ones as Im building a city (pic related) I can convert it to vanilla blocks pass a schematic to you and then you can can change it as you please to fit your pack.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_17.11.50.png (849KB, 1366x706px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_17.11.50.png
849KB, 1366x706px
am comfy
>>
>>165576662
Does jammy's have giant bugs that try to kill you? Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
Haven't played in years. What is the best version as of right now?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-29+at+02.44.07).png (3KB, 330x51px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-29+at+02.44.07).png
3KB, 330x51px
>>165526631

I just use these. Sure, they're not that great at storing multiple different items like AE can, but once you get past the initial setup you will never need to do anything else for storing cobble or whatever
>>
File: 2016-06-27_13.22.54.png (1MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-27_13.22.54.png
1MB, 1920x1005px
>>165586929
Um... Toxic jungle fag here, I'm not this guy >>165587192 I didn't realize /mcg/ still had enough newfags from xmas to imitate someone and just to insult someones builds. You're build looks fine for a modern city.

As for my cities ruins, my concept art is inspired by Blame!'s city generation. So think more bedrock to sky megastructure foundations filled with rusted tech and beams to walk on. The lower levels will be flooded with sludge.

Fun fact, not only am I Toxic Jungle Fag, but I'm Airship Fag as well.
>>
>>165588032
I don't have a youtube channel, I don't stream anything and I only post shit here in /mcg/... I don't even namefag.

>being this new

So I think whenever it gets too ded in here it just brings out the absolute worst in shitposting from people.
>>
>>165587192
They are a replica of a koth_king from TF2 which is based on HongKong tight and crowded cities, I agree some like the far left one look kinda shitty but its mainly because how confusing and hard is to replicate a really complex and overloaded map.
>5 meters height apartment
>on hongkong
>on a city where people live in cage apartments
Each floor is 3.5 blocks which is a reasonable hight

>Impersonating toxicjunglefag
>>165587685
>Blame
I searched it and its really cool but dont think what Im doing would fit, so if you need a chingchong city you can tell me anon
>>165588032
>Being both this autistic (the bad way) and this butthurt.
>>
>>165588380
>I cant build anything
>Still I judge other peoples build
>fuck you. you dont know me, biiiiiiiitch.
Bad autism
>>
>>165588560
dont you have to go to middle school in the morning newfag?
>>
>>165588497
>>165588630
>responding to poor bait
>>
>>165588714
>on a sunday
>but i said in the morning, as in tomorrow monday

you really do need to go to school if you dont have even that much reading comprehension. either that or you are so low on the spectrum that its unacceptable even by /mcg/ autism standards.
>>
this was a nice thread pls dont shitpost or post low quality baits it would make it a bad thread and thats no good thank you.
>>
>still no 1.1.0 update of Minecraft Comes Alive
>tfw no useful villagers
>>
>>165588987
well then go to fucking church tomorrow and tell your priest how much of a failure of a human being you are
>>
>>>/global/rules/2
>>>/global/rules/3
>unironically responding to an underaged retard
>>
>>165589386
>implying reminding people of the rules is a violation of the rules
You're not that bright, are you?
>>
>>165589386
He didnt announce a report, he just stated the rules.
>>
>>165589103
Villagers will never be useful.
>>
File: topkektopus.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
topkektopus.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>all his comments got deleted
>>
File: 1452901717873.png (3KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
1452901717873.png
3KB, 343x543px
>magneticraft shelves with magneticraft patcher cause massive lag and frame drops when loading or unloading
>>
>>165590009
>homelessfag was the shitposter
that plot twist
>>
>>165590151
magneticraft patcher pretty much fucks everything up.
>>165590390
Didnt expect that one.
>>
>>165569339
>>165569664
>Have you ever seen a factory in real life that just threw all other multi million dollar machinery
Eh, no one's gonna steal my shit on best server, but anyway - they do planning, and i don't. My natural approach of "start doing, look, THEN think" is what fails me every time in minecraft. Well, at least it makes my bases unpredictable every time. But this time i just randomly put mill and cane farm some arbitrary amount of blocks and then it turned out to be not enough
I was floundering all over the place trying to make least painful ethanol factory and ended up with this technocthulhu that's also absolutely inefficient, i think i'm going to wipe it clean and employ agricraft crops and RoC fans instead. Agricraft Sugar Canes drop more canes depending on it's stats, right?

Also, i can't remember if there's any way for any kind of sorting\piping mods to check inventory of a given machine and pull items only when said item is not present. As it stands, composter just shits out compost and wastes yeast for naught, and i'd like to make dirt only when none is present in the fermenter. Can BC gates do that?

>>165567705
Most of this pics is taken by EIO, RoC and a bit of reasonable realism\IE\TC and other things here and there

>>165571909
Erebus doesn't have much content but it's so well done, probably the only dimension mod besides TF, DimDoors and Cave Worlds that doesn't makes me want to strangle someone

>>165571062
I only miss Flaxbeard in this pack for my true tech heaven
>>
>>165571909
>>165591317
What is Erebus, exactly?
>>
>>165591507
Spider bugmension.
>>
>>165591507
adss a new jungle dimension
>>
>>165591317
Yes, better statted Agricraft crops grow faster, give more crop and have higher chance of growing from clippings
>>
What mods are there that add significantly more flora for decoration purposes?
>>
>homelessfag gets banned for shitposting the thread
>The thread dies
This is a cycle where when shitpost dies it sure as fuck the thread does so as well.
>>
>>165593869
thats because minecraft is a ded game
>>
>>165593774
Gardenstuff is helpful, there was also a plant pack that I can't for the life of me remember the name of.
>>
>>165593774
PlantMegaPack for full-blown plant autism

>>165593869
it's not dead t b h
>>
>>165594143
>>165594186
>plantmegapack
This is new to me, I'll have to look into that one. Already have Gardenstuff.
>>
>>165594562
>find it
>those screenshots
>all those plants and new foods and craftables stemming from them
Do want.
>>
>>165594979
I totally forgot about that mod. Can't seem to find it anymore though, just links through the usual shady sites.
>>
>>165595070
apparently the original mod got deleted by it's author
>>
>>165595070
What about
http://mod-minecraft.net/plant-mega-pack-mod/
and
http://minecraft-forum.net/default/plant-mega-pack-screenshots-and-recipes/
?

Sounds like to me the mod author had a falling out with Curse and pulled everything from their website or something.
>>
>>165595348
Shady sites.

10paktimbits quits the community even more often than asie, and when he does he pulls all download links from all of his websites.
>>
>>165595439
Shady how?
>>
>>165595348
Apparently the author was cool and shit but got mad when Microshill bought the game so as a protest he removed his mod but it didnt work that much as people forgot he existed.
>>
>>165595070
>https://github.com/larrythemodder/plantmegapack-source/releases
for a 1.10.2 version

The original page, with some vaporware
http://10paksmods.net/

I could dig for a 1.7.10 version in my old backups, since I should have it
>>
>>165595610
That's pretty sad. It's always the good ones that die off.
>>
>>165595935
mega MS-paint-textured bloat pack was never good
>>
>>165587639
1.7.10 if you prefer modded, 1.11.2 if you prefer vanilla
>>
>>165595664
Yeah I'm still on 1.7.10.
>>
>>165595610
>so as a protest he removed his mod but it didnt work that much as people forgot he existed.
topkek
fucking every time, modders believe they are irrepleaceable
>>
>>165595070
>>165595271
>>165595348
>>165595664
https://mirror.lyci.de/plantmegapack-4.29-1.7.10-1492.jar
and an older version:
https://mirror.lyci.de/plantmegapack-4.15-1.7.10-1230.jar
>>
>>165587685
>That ship

It's got just enough reality for my boner to notice.
>>
>>165598312
Oh shit, thanks man.

What's the difference between the two? Forge versions or something?
>>
>>165599291
no, the latter is just an earlier version of the mod
i don't have changelogs on hand to tell you differences
use the first one if you can and if it doesnt work try the second
i uploaded the older one before I found the newer one
>>
>>165599559
Alright, will do. Thanks man.
>>
>Trying to finish up Thaumcraft research
>Don't remember how things combine, afraid of wasting aspects by putting things down wrong

How the fuck did I do this without a cheatsheet?
>>
>>165600525
Just look them up in the book.
>>
>>165599748
no problem, friend
>>
>>165584850
>getting harassed by some shitlord using witchery poppets to cheat death and the hands of my guns and lasers
>fly over to where his base is
>level the entire area down to bedrock with nuclear bombs
>>
Any reccomendations for getting MC on the cheap? $28 seems a bit much.
>>
hey ipwnage guy if your here how they hell do i claim land on your serb so these kiddies dont steal my shit
>>
>>165601789
>$28 seems a bit much
nigger how fucking poor are you
>>
>>165601843
Nigga this game has been out for over 5 years.
I'd be more okay with $20
>>
>>165601749
Shoulda got his Thaumic wards set up.
>>
>>165526631
>>165587645
Why not both? You can slap AE external storage modules on other storage blocks to access all of it from the AE network.
>>
>>165601951
what's your point? it's not abandonware and it has a live community

what does being 5 years old have to do with it?
>>
>https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/icbm/images
>tfw still in beta
>when tried to install it would freeze my game before launch
>No crash, just the logs stopped before the game popped up
>Dont know how to fix that one
>Cant play the recreational nukes and ride missiles to transport myself and my items.
>>
>>165602257
>icbm is updated
What the actual fuck

Mek's author made defensetech, which is icbm but working apparently.
>>
File: 1483036924019.jpg (136KB, 885x990px) Image search: [Google]
1483036924019.jpg
136KB, 885x990px
>>165602219
My point is that I'm a filthy jew and I'd like to know if there are any ways to get the game below MSRP.
>>
>>165602558
>Needs Mekanism
Might be a good chance to do the 5x ore proccessing this time.
>Go to download it
>There are generators and tools
Are those worth downloading?
>>
>>165603146
Tools, no, generators, yes.
>>
whats a good early game tree farm?
>>
>>165603351
Plant saplings and wait for them to grow
>>
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/244541-minenautica
seems cool
>>
>>165602947
there is, but there's also a lot of garbage-filled fake downloads out there with the sole purpose of exploiting the fact this game is baby's and retard third worlder's first pirated game

honestly as much as i think mojew don't deserve a single penny for what they've been doing to the game you're better off buying it just for having easy access to every version of the game
>>
>>165605380
Yeah, I already yarharred it, but playing with a few people I know requires the use of MultiMC, which requires an an account. That's why I wanted to get a real copy
>>
File: slime.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slime.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Am I missing something? I saw a slime here before in a small cave on 2 different occasions.

Then cleared out the chunks, lit up the nearby caves and surface and now none want to spawn
>>
File: 1116.jpg (135KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
1116.jpg
135KB, 605x807px
>>165606185
>sphax
>>
>>165606185
you're missing a decent texture pack
>>
>>165606434
>>165606770
never change, /mcg/
>>
>>165606185
You're missing the fact that you have an infestation of pentagons. You should deal with that, pronto.
>>
>>165598312
moved to
https://mirror.lyci.de/minecraft-mods/
>>
>>165606185
Which version? it takes ages for them to spawn. I wuld say just find a fucking swamp if 1.7+ and wait for full moon.
>>
>be excited about skyblocks 3.0
>it's still all the same shit
woaw bruh I can't wait to do the same crap all over again
>>
File: greg.png (1MB, 1056x723px) Image search: [Google]
greg.png
1MB, 1056x723px
>>
>>165610626
*tips Afrika Korps hat
>>
Comfy furniture

>>165610626
Blessed and Gregorious is he
>>
File: 2017-01-14_21.38.19.png (622KB, 1920x1147px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_21.38.19.png
622KB, 1920x1147px
>he doesnt process his ores with lazers
>>
>>165611551
man, when I saw the laser system, a clean room was the first thing I built back in tekkit days, too
looks so cool, tech mods need more of that rather than magic all in one blocs
>>
What do you guys even DO with your tech modded worlds? Just pile all your various machines up in a single room like an autistic hoarder or what?
>>
>>165610939
what mod?
>>
>>165611849
you try to build plants that are functional AND cool
>>
>>165611942
Has anyone here actually done that?
>>
File: IT KEEPS HAPPENING.jpg (35KB, 309x333px) Image search: [Google]
IT KEEPS HAPPENING.jpg
35KB, 309x333px
>>165610334
Isn't that what we all do when mods update anyways?
>>
>>165601816
Sorry my dude, just read this. We're using WorldGuard on the serbs. Just use //wand and select a cuboid region where pos1 and pos2 (left/right click) are opposite corners on a cube. Then run /rg claim <name of your land here>

Here's more information, etc. https://ipwnage.com/regioning-grief-prevention/

If you need any help, staff is more than happy to help set up a region for you.
>>
>>165611898
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/256178-chinjufumod
>>
>>165612187
thx anon
>>
>>165612026
yeah, but chopping down dozens of trees and sifting sand for hours is, uh, particularly annoying past the first time
>>
Played Minecraft for a couple of years, got bored, got into Terraria, played it to death ever since. Just tried Minecraft again. Did they stop updating it back when I used to play it? It seems the same.
>>
>>165612014
KryptonCaptain has
HAVENT YOU KRYPT
>>
>>165612014
I did and never posted any screenshot out of spite and raw hatred
love you guys
>>
>>165612313
they just made modding more cumbersome
but yeah, play modded, nobody bothers with vanilla anymore
>>
>>165612313

Combat is different with weapon windup/recovery and blocking mechanics.

Most changes are end-game.
>>
>>165612187
>trying to decipher that caution section
top kek
>>
File: 2016-09-17_21.49.14.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-17_21.49.14.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>165612373
Viva la Brickfort
>>
File: hiding hobo.png (502KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
hiding hobo.png
502KB, 1920x1058px
>>165612735
>A wild hobo
>>
>>165612735
my tcon hammer is itching, senpai
>>
>Make shitty starter shack just to survive and get started
>Have two chests full of stuff now
>Doesn't seem to be any good places around so I'll have to go on a journey
>Don't know how to bring all my shit with me

what do
>>
>>165612517
how did they add an ending to a sandbox game?
>>
>>165611849
you build a giant empty reactor room with an emergency flood system, programmable lights all around and a raisable drawbridge to the reactor suspended in the middle then contemplate the futility of it all
>>
>>165612269
This is why I love minefactory reloaded. Automated everything.
>>
>>165613090
by failing to add content so you would have shit to do after a while
>>
>>165600525
probably by sheer force of autism. I mean I can remember about half of the compound aspects off the top of my head.
if you don't have both research researches you can check the Aspects of Magic pages for the whole index of them.
>>
>>165613268
Sounds like I should stick with Terraria, which improved dramatically over the years. I literally can't tell any difference from Minecraft, other than it seeming sluggish or something when I hit stuff.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_05.56.04.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_05.56.04.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>165611849
>>
File: 2016-10-21_03.59.35.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-21_03.59.35.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>165612881
Brickfort II wasn't quite the same, but was still fun to build. Builder's autism is real
RTG Mesas are utter sex to build in.

>>165612872
>tfw didn't save the "hey, it's me, you" pic, after I took his head
>>
>>165613090

Kill the ender dragon, get an "ending" that isn't really an ending and keep playing.

Then you explore outer islands in the End to find unique enchanted items and wings that let you glide.
>>
>>165613435
Quite the clusterfuck.
>>
>>165613517
why do you have to beat the game to get items that would be better to have during the game?
>>
>>165613052
Lots of mods these days have some sort of backpack.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_05.56.17.png (2MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_05.56.17.png
2MB, 1920x1017px
>>165613435
>>
>>165613435
>>165613640
>vomit blocks and mismatched shit everywhere
Let me guess, this is gregdick?
>>
File: 2017-01-15_05.56.27.png (953KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_05.56.27.png
953KB, 1920x1017px
>>165613640
>>
>>165613378

Terreria doesn't have a massive mod collection though so you're stuck with what you're given.

>>165613601

The "ending" is nothing more than a credit roll you can pretty much ignore. You can build shit faster and fly around with the new gear, as well as respawn the ender dragon to fight it again.
>>
>>165613794
I think it's ClayGreg
>>
>>165613640
see how I mentioned functional and cool plants earlier?
This isn't it.
>>
File: 2016-12-25_14.42.00.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-25_14.42.00.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>165613794
better, clayium AND gregtech 6
you could be playing it right now on a server which has been up since last year technically
>>
>>165613948
Terraria has a lot of mods but you don't really need them to have fun. There's so many areas, both above ground and below, so many monsters, so many bosses, so many items.

It sounds like Mojang just fell asleep.
>>
>>165613640
>thought about joining serb, sounded fun
>bases consist of random shit everywhere
kind of glad i didn't bother with that shit
>>
>>165614095
it's not about exploring, it's about building you dip
>>
File: Banner.png (4KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
Banner.png
4KB, 468x60px
>>165498543
Server name: TFOR (TerraFirma On Rails)
Modpack (for MultiMC): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxiz2ds6l4lez7j/TFC%20Serb.zip?dl=1
Modpack (manual installation): https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cxcka90ye6hqf4/Right%20click%20and%20extract%20this%20inside%20your%20%27mods%27%20folder%20as%20long%20as%20it%27s%20empty.zip?dl=1
IP and port: 198.50.193.8:25594
Discord: https://discord.gg/vPJ8rvJ

>What is TFOR?
A Terrafirmacraft server with heavy emphasis on survival, exploration, and technology. It aims to fix many of TFC's core problems, such as:
>Not having anything to do once you reach the highest tier of metal items
>Low replayability
>The near-total lack of technology
>Mobs not posing much of a threat outside of the early game
>No incentives to engage in combat
>Lack of things a person could use to defend their base
>Lack of home furnishings
>Lack of aesthetic blocks for a very wide variety of builds
>Incentives to travel tens of thousands of blocks (resource gathering, finding a place to settle down), but no convenient means of doing so
>Etc, etc.

Thanks to the mods that TFOR uses and the hundreds of hours that have gone into tweaking and balancing gameplay elements, I think this server does a good job of addressing all of the problems above and more.

>What mods does the server use?
At the time of writing: http://pastebin.com/6hkt6u2m

>Recent updates

>Mod additions
A mod which prevents minecarts from blowing up anymore (thanks Railcraft), Academycraft, AsieLib, Baubles, Bibliowoods TFC, Big Doors, BuildCraft, Carpenter's Blocks, Catwalks 2, CleanView, Electrical Age, Immersive Engineering, Ingot Pyramid, Jammy's Furniture, Leather Water Sacs for TFC, LostBooks, Magmaox, Reactorcraft, Rotarycraft, Ships Mod, Special AI, Traincraft, Unique Artifacts, Utility Mobs, and Ye Gamol Chattels

>Misc changes
* Added five new carpenter's block designs that can be added onto any solid block, and added a couple of new carpenter's bed designs
>>
File: 2017-01-14_19.08.05.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_19.08.05.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Did I do okay?
>>
>>165614239
shape is okay
surfaces are boring
>>
>>165614236
* Improved the hunger system. You'll now begin to die of thirst after exactly half an hour in real life, and you'll begin to die of hunger after exactly one hour in real life. To make up for hunger and thirst being more than three times more lenient than they were before, the rate of food decay has been increased (it still takes roughly the same amount of time to kick in though.) This can be mitigated by the TFC cellars mod

>Crafting recipe changes
* Added 3 TFC-compatible grappling gun stock/barrel/hook recipes for the Rope Bridge mod
* Added 5 TFC emerald -> MC emerald block recipes for aesthetic purposes in the Chisel mod and functional purposes in UtilityMobs, Railcraft, Chisel, BuildCraft, and ReactorCraft
* Added a 1 copper ingot + 1 stick -> Chisel mod chisel recipe to allow earlier access to everything that mod offers
* Added a 1 glowstone + 1 stick -> 1 MC torch recipe, which unlocks 45+ aesthetic item recipes
* Added a 1 TFC iron ingot (either type) -> 1 MC iron ingot recipe, which unlocks 65+ crafting recipes. If there are any game-breaking items which can be crafted as a result of this, let me know. (Each recipe was briefly examined and I didn't spot anything overpowered that can be crafted as a result of this change)
* Added a 1 TFC jack o'lantern <-> 1 Chisel jack o'lantern recipes, which unlocks 16 new aesthetic block recipes
* Added a 3 TFC sand -> 1 sandstone recipe, which unlocks 43 new aesthetic block recipes
* Added a few [MC/TFC pumpkin/jack o' lantern] <-> [same] recipes due to the UtilityMobs mod
* Added a recipe for brewing stands (still difficult to obtain)
* Added a TFC-compatible recipe for blowtorches, which are used by the Catwalks 2 mod
* Added a TFC-compatible recipe for dispensers, mostly for their uses in the UtilityMobs mod
* Added a set of netherrack -> nether brick -> nether block -> netherrack recipes

>>165614239
Looks nice to me, Anon
>>
>>165614236
Do you still starve to death after five minutes of playing?
>>
File: 2016-12-18_18.20.37.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18_18.20.37.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>165614154
it's only random when you make it random
>>
>>165614435
Please I can only get so sick
>>
>>165614435
Was this image supposed to show me something not random
>>
>>165611849

Underground bunker with a concealed entrance and a giant piston-controlled outer door.

Different floors and/or rooms have different functions like ore processing, factories and command/control.

Reactor room goes deep underground and is made with blue slime blocks (blocks explosion damage like water but doesn't flow) sandwiched between blast-resistant blocks.
>>
>>165613461
I want to make an RTG addon for Galacticraft.
>>
File: 17.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>165614370
* Added a variety of recipes for artifacts <-> manaesence/other items (Use NEI to check out the possibilities this presents)
* Added an alternate recipe for red nether bricks
* Added an MC jungle planks -> MC dark oak planks -> MC acacia planks -> MC jungle planks recipe set
* Added an MC oak planks -> MC birch planks -> MC spruce planks -> MC oak planks recipe set
* Added automatic rock crusher recipes for cinnabar, cryolite, graphite, kaolinite, rock salt rocks, and sylvite
* Added flower -> dye recipes for every TFC flower
* Added mushroom -> dye recipes (Prior to this they had no purpose in TFC, just like most flowers)
* Added recipes for both of railcraft's boiler fireboxes
* Added recipes for MC pufferfish and MC sugar for potion brewing purposes
* Added recipes for (or other ways to access) all 6 of buildcraft's engines, all 4 colors of pipe wires, assembly tables, chutes, cobblestone pipes, flood gates, lasers, pipe sealant, pumps, quartz pipes, refineries, sandstone pipes, stone pipes, wooden pipes, wrenches, and much more
* Added several [item] <-> MC/TFC red dye recipes, which in turn unlocks several BC recipes
* Added some MC/TFC green/blue/yellow dye conversion recipes, which in turn unlocks several BC recipes

* Removed MC iron/gold/diamond block -> 9 MC iron ingots/gold ingots/diamonds recipes. This allows iron, gold, and diamond blocks (especially in conjunction with Chisel) to be used as very rare, non-renewable aesthetic blocks that can only be found in randomly generating structures and can't be converted into 9 iron/gold/diamond resources
* Removed the recipe for carpenter's safes since they would allow players to completely remove an element of gameplay from other people (raiding.) Ender chests are still craftable and will remain craftable
* Replaced the 4 fire clay -> 2 fire clay bricks recipe with a 4 fire clay -> 4 fire clay bricks recipe

>>165614383
No
>>
Magical Forest home y/n
>>
File: 2016-12-17_19.03.34.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-17_19.03.34.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>165614523
take from that what you will.
>>
>>165614095

Meanwhile building anything in Terraria lacks an entire dimension. Different focus.
>>
>>165614653
>local hebrews trying to nig anything not nailed down
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1280x1600px
>>165614563
* Tweaked MC iron/gold/diamond/quartz block -> [same resource] stairs recipes to accurately reflect the number of blocks used (6 blocks will craft 6 stairs now, rather than the default 4 stairs)

>Structure related changes
* Added 2 laser sources and 2 camouflaged pressure plates to the tower to help with the partial redstone theme and increase awareness of redstone mechanic blocks added by mods
* Added 4 manaessence (used to craft randomly generated artifacts) to each of the 4 structures' hidden chests
* Added 64 quicksand to the sequoia treehouse's non-hidden chest, added a fortune II book to its hidden chest, and doubled the amount of EXP bottles in its hidden chest from 16 to 32
* Added a couple of weapons to the bunker to bring its usefulness up to the same level as the other non-maze structures
* Added a few more crushed obsidian blocks to the tower to bring the total up to 25 (perfect for 5x5 safe storage rooms)
* Added a lunar calendar to the cottage

* Added mazes, gigantic structures with randomly generated rooms and a massive amount of potential loot to gain from them, if you're willing to fight hordes of monsters and overcome dozens of traps along the way.
* Added sea shrines, just another basic structure, somewhere between a one-room maze and any other structure; it offers both mobs to fight and unique rewards to gain

* Made cosmetic adjustments to the bunker, tower, and treehouse
* Modified the enchantments on the hidden armor sets in the tower and the bunker, changing them completely in the former's case

* Tweaked the items in all of the non-maze structures for thematic consistency and general usefulness in several more ways than listed above

And much, much more. Most of that just covers a handful of mods.
>>
>>165614663
>they didn't even bother leveling the water
this is several levels of not giving a fuck beyond what I can tolerate
>>
>>165614663
>Machines are just floating
>Ores, rocks, dirt exposed in walls
>Random water blocks
How does that not trigger your autism
>>
>mfw all these hideous tech 'builds'
It's true, magic based builds really are much more aesthetic and superior.
>>
File: 19.png (635KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
635KB, 1280x720px
>>165614783
Oh, and spawn was moved several thousands of blocks to the south, as per the results of a poll about that, and totally redesigned. (This will help with defense against mobs, growing crops in warmer climates, finding food more easily, etc.) To help players who want to move, a temporary teleporter system has been built between Newspawn and Oldspawn. Anyone who wants to move will be able to request administrative assistance for the next week or so.
>>
>>165613948
>Terreria doesn't have a massive mod collection though so you're stuck with what you're given
And you're given a shitload of content, holy shit.
>>
>>165615003
>machine access at eye level
>freshly dug out room to house said machines
>who would've thought waterwheels and cobble generators require water to function
>>
File: Mare_Tranquillitatis_pit_crater.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mare_Tranquillitatis_pit_crater.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
MOON CAVES
>>
>>165615386
spoopy
>>
>>165615386
That's pretty rad, is there more?
>>
>>165615196

Oh boy samey paperdoll bosses that abuse the 2d playfield for "challange" but can be cheesed the fuck out of, and the same zombie horde reskinned a dozen times
>>
>>165613270
>probably by sheer force of autism. I mean I can remember about half of the compound aspects off the top of my head.
You, I like you. A true wizard
>>
>>165615003

The freshly-dug hole look triggers me so much that I can't play without a swapping wand.
>>
>>165615658
>Mod babbies need mawpc tools to refurnish their walls
Typical
>>
File: Lunar_collapse_pits.jpg (270KB, 540x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar_collapse_pits.jpg
270KB, 540x1174px
>>165615464
>>165615435
yes

Realtalk magma tubes are one of the best places to build extraplanetary bases because there's protection from radiation, meteorites and cold while having a rigid structure to limit any structural breaches.

I wish Galacticraft was more realistic and not incredibly fucking stupid in every single way
>>
>>165614783
but does it have fairy lights is the real question
>>
>>165615814

Fuck doing it by hand. I've got millions of RF to get devices to do it for me.
>>
File: 34.jpg (229KB, 1218x847px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
229KB, 1218x847px
>>165614236
>>165615882
No, but I'll look into them and almost certainly add them if they only add aesthetic things. If they add functional things too, I'll need some time to look into that mod
>>
>>165615829
Theres the concept of gamedesign that separates reality with a games fun.
>>
File: 1482868623912.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482868623912.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>165616228
AND MOON VILLAGERS AND CREEPERS WITH SPACE HELMETS IS NOT FUCKING FUN
>>
File: Rima_Ariadaeus-1.jpg (2MB, 4128x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Rima_Ariadaeus-1.jpg
2MB, 4128x4128px
>>165616558
"Lava tubes at least 500 m underground can theoretically remain stable with widths of up to 5 km"

PITCH BLACK UTTERLY SILENT DEPTHS OF THE MOON
>>
>>165616558
Thats what the moon fauna is like, only that the FUCKING GLOBALISTS hide it from you... You would know that if you watched Infowars.
>>
>cpw still trying so hard to make a big deal out of lemming coming back

sorry, 1.10+ will never be a thing
>>
>>165615882
>>165616167
I looked into it. Fairy lights will be added to the server sometime late tonight or tomorrow, whenever nobody's online for the sake of not interrupting anyone's gameplay
>>
File: ww04d6tf.png (506KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ww04d6tf.png
506KB, 640x480px
>>165616937
>>
File: 1478676726986.jpg (255KB, 1321x1782px) Image search: [Google]
1478676726986.jpg
255KB, 1321x1782px
>>165614236
shit's pretty lit, does a good job of dealing with the garbage aspect of TFC the autismo devs failed to address

Plus, the admin knows what he's doing really goddamn well, and is amazingly dedicated to helping players and tweaking things. Bugs and issues crop up now and then, but he's really good about helping fix them once reported.

9/10 server, will shill again
>>
What was the name of the mob that avoided mobs to spawn on leaves?
>>165616167
What mod adds those cheesy signs?
>>
>>165614236
So TFC is the core mod everything else is based around then?
>>
>>165617008
>wow look at these new 1.8 shiny jingles
>what, that wasn't enough to move?
>look, 1.9 combat system how cool is that?
>why are you still not moving yet?
>okay look at 1.10, it's got bears and camels!
>what do you mean that's no enough
>fuck it we'll cut 1.7 support
>what do you mean you don't care?
>we're serious!
>we've got it this time: thermal expansion
Jesus, they're desperate. You'd think at some point they would just give up. Or at least document 1.8+, how do they expect us to update when we don't know hat 90% of this crap is
>>
>>165618059
THISSSSSSS FUCKING CHRIST, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MODS FOR THE NEW VERSIONS IF NOTHING IS DOCUMENTED
>>
File: 2017-01-14_21.54.20.png (1MB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_21.54.20.png
1MB, 1360x706px
This seems like a nice place to put a """sawmill""" in which to store my recreational nukes in it.
>>
>>165617692
Thanks

>>165617806
Sign Picture; I love it
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/sign-picture

>>165618050
Yeah
>>
>>165614718
and yet you don't need halfdozen mods to decorate what you built.

pixel art versus sculpting. both have their ups and their downs.
>>
>>165618452
That's a pretty sexy forest.
>>
>>165615814
>mawpc
>tools that do shit creative doesn't
I think you mean "might as well use mcedit", if you're going to be that kind of faggot.
>>
File: 23.png (666KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
666KB, 1280x720px
>>165617806
The greatest thing about Sign Picture is that it lets you upload any picture you want, rather than a predefined set of pictures. If you're not a Windows user, there's a description in the server's README that explains a way to fix a problem with images showing up

>>165618050
If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. I wrote a couple of guides that explain just about everything there is to know about early game TFC
>>
File: just stump my shit up.jpg (34KB, 600x304px) Image search: [Google]
just stump my shit up.jpg
34KB, 600x304px
>>165614783
>part that makes me look like a retard is still there
>>
>>165619264
Condensed Tier 1 Guide: http://pastebin.com/XPSfg7xY
Condensed Tier 2 Guide: http://pastebin.com/Np8kKcw2
Expanded Tier 1 Guide: http://pastebin.com/AGdiLxry
Expanded Tier 2 Guide: http://pastebin.com/tP2jLdJA
>>
>>165619408
Which part is it? I can tweak it
>>
File: XDJS92G.jpg (350KB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
XDJS92G.jpg
350KB, 1800x1322px
>>165612872
>>
>>165619624
t-the largest one
>>
What would you guys like to see in a pack theses days to make it stand out?
>>
>>165620965
Custom inter-mod content, zero conflicts, fully ore-dicted so no multiples appear even in NEI
>>
>>165621673
>even in NEI
i doint think thats possible
>>
>>165621804
it is, with enough autistic minetweaking to remove nei dupes
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 1903x810px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 1903x810px
>>165620086
I tweaked it
>>
>>165621897
This, it's just painfully tedious.
>>
>>165622038
this, but a team of autistic children could knock it out quick
>>
>>165621673
what sort of custom inter mod content?
>>
>>165622038
It's not THAT bad.
>>
>>165622469
this, but no one would ever waste their time doing it
>>
File: 1474833831134.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474833831134.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>165621929
d-delet this
>>
File: 3.png (2MB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2MB, 1280x1600px
>>165623708
I tweaked it again just 4 u
>>
File: 1480153198069.jpg (54KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
1480153198069.jpg
54KB, 640x466px
>>165623920
>>
File: DDFddtJ[1].png (948KB, 1920x1034px) Image search: [Google]
DDFddtJ[1].png
948KB, 1920x1034px
i made a thing
>>
File: 4.png (4MB, 2000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
4MB, 2000x2400px
>>165624361
The server has a new banner now
>>
>>165624743
kek
>>
File: 1474661837779.jpg (80KB, 546x553px) Image search: [Google]
1474661837779.jpg
80KB, 546x553px
>>165624743
>>
File: Capture.png (561KB, 1748x916px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
561KB, 1748x916px
I asked a few days ago but wanted to ask again, would anyone be interested in a pack that drops the heavy automation and over the top micro crafting in favor of exploration and harvest moon town building autism with some lite tech and magic mods?
>>
File: 2016-06-23_23.55.42.png (408KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-23_23.55.42.png
408KB, 1920x1017px
>>165614236
Oh shit, this might actually get me playing again

>>165612735
>>165612872
>homo decides serb is kill
>I take over
>proceed to neglect serb
>map deleted
Rip brickfort, wish I had explored it more

Wonder what happened with Juego. Is he kill?
>>
>>165627239
>>165619408
>>165615882
>>165614236
>>165614783
I installed fairy lights on the serb just now and updated the modpack links accordingly
>>
>>165627239
>Tohsaka_Rin
Good taste detected; they're welcome on the serb anytime
>>
>>165626591
>exploration
>minecraft
this meme again?
>>
>>165627848
what meme
>>
File: 1452464554165.png (1MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1452464554165.png
1MB, 1920x1058px
What are some good technology mods for a newfag?
>>
File: 2017-01-14_23.51.49.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_23.51.49.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Made some improvments to the storage area under my tree farm.
>>
File: 2017-01-14_23.56.01.png (624KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_23.56.01.png
624KB, 1920x1080px
>>165628627
>>
>>165628582
>for a newfag
IC2 is babby's first techmod, but I find Immersive Engineering more fun. MineFactory Reloaded and Ender IO are also goo options.
>>
Is it bad that I kind of respect Etho for still rocking the Kakashi Skin?
>>
>>165628582
assuming 1.7.10
ender io and thermal expansion should be pretty easy to pick up and user friendly, immersive engineering is less powerful/magic blocky but has a nice feel and a good ingame guide
>>
>>165628627
breddy gud man, I'm mirin
>>
>>165626591
I mean the concept sounds great and fresh but Im not into serbs, so dont count me on it.
>>
File: 2016-10-05_16.08.57.png (902KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-05_16.08.57.png
902KB, 1920x1017px
>>165627239
OG Brickfort was on dir7y serb, which I actually have the 6GB map save of (minus RF dims for space).
Brick II on hobo v8? map with trens got deleted

>when the entire serb invaded alex's base to gaze upon glorious tube autism (despite minor TPS issues with it), and we scared him off for a week
F
>>
>>165630320
That's fugly as shit.
>>
>>165630320
>not having a separate floor above that to organize all your pipes and hide the ugliness
>>
>>165631602
You can craft covers now, so he has no excuse.
Also all that cobble everywhere, make bricks you lazy fucks.
>>
File: 2016-10-05_16.09.02.png (923KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-05_16.09.02.png
923KB, 1920x1017px
>>165631482
>>165631602
>wanting to hide BC pipes and automation like this
>caring about aesthetics over pure efficiency
>>
>>165631889
Covers don't hurt, you fucking retard. They are exactly so you don't have to move anything but still cover those ugly pipes.
>>
>>165632040
>ugly pipes
>
I think you need to leave
>>
>>165632331
you can't into industrial design
also clustefucks are not efficient
>>
>>165632331
Yes ugly pipes
I understand if you are just starting, but you are 5 guys. One of you can simply make it pretty.
>>
>>165629528
Danke. Now I need to figure out what to do with all this extra wood.
>>
>>165633361
>you are 5 guys
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: Untitled.png (390KB, 896x648px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
390KB, 896x648px
I've decided to go back into making textures for the game. What's your opinion on my work so far.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_01.04.50.png (785KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_01.04.50.png
785KB, 1920x1051px
>>165633421
>le what did he meant by this
I meant obviously he is sharing the place with 4 other people. I am saying he already set up food, so making the place pretty shouldn't be a problem at all.
>>
>>165633751
if you're talking about alex's base, he was doing it all alone
the rest of the server was just there admiring his glorious autism
>>
>>165633743
i also try to make textures, the quality of your textures make me want to kms from the shame that mines arent as great
>>
>>165633873
Oh alright. I have spent way too long to pimp my base.
>>
>>165633743
Looks like dokucraft.
>>
>>165633743
>>165633947
wait what resolution is it? 32x32?
>>
>>165628582
What resource pack adds those neat connected metallic textures?
>>
File: endless snow.png (808KB, 1129x702px) Image search: [Google]
endless snow.png
808KB, 1129x702px
Jesus Christ, you people weren't kidding about Biomes O' Plenty adding a lot of snow. Should I just make a new world? I only started yesterday. And if I do, which biomes should I do?
>>
>>165634708
>res pack
That'd be Chisel, the mod
>>
>>165633743
You are going to have hideous tiling on your grass block side, dirt, whatever is below dirt, and that block below it too.
those are wood tools? they look slapped together and ugly and I love it.
>>
>>165635164
man fuck those hideously green floating slime islands
>>
>>165618059
>>165618235
They're only interested in circlejerk modders who they can answer questions for directly. Everyone else gets told to fuck off or is banned from the chat or forums.
>>
>>165635164
Vanilla makes also lot of snowlands.
I have had to farm a stack of bread and travel for like 23 loafs of nonstop walking to get out of there.
>>
>>165560632
If you're going with the icy science ruins, maybe make it somewhat like the Dwemer ruins of Skyrim. Abandoned research bases buried in glaciers. Deathtraps and anti intruder countermeasures still half-active. What are they developing in the icy wastes? Why is it so guarded? Maybe it's a mech development area? Imagine spelunking into gigantic hangars dimly lit by phosporescent mushrooms, half-built iron giants lay in disarray.
>>
>>165636220
kek wrong thread
>>
>>165636220
Snekgirls 4eva
>>
>>165618475
Where can I find those cheesy signs the other anon's talking about?
I need it for aesthetic purposes.
>>
How do I make an easy non laggy septuple cobblestone crafting system? I got AE, buildcraft, ic2, TE, minefactory reloaded and infinite energy at my disposal. Just wnat something not laggy. Is the only choice that convoluted AE crafter?
>>
>>165636858
Storage Drawers.
>>
>>165636993
No storage drawers in my modpack, friendo.
>>
>>165636858
Several max upgraded TE extruders feeding directly into line of either TE cyclic assembler or MFR liquicrafter
>>
>>165637058
Then... Storage Drawers?

You cannot get any less laggy than the Compacting Drawer. Every other crafter will do a recipe lookup on each autocraft, but the Drawer only does it once when you first insert the items and lock the drawer.
>>
>>165636786
I found them by searching for them on google. My semi-redneck grandma has one of them, and that sign was the inspiration for grabbing it plus the others. Using Sign Picture, you can upload any image you want into MC
>>
>>165637205
I am not installing a redundant mod just to kill the wither and be done though.
>>
>>165637367
A valid point, but have you considered installing Storage Drawers?
>>
File: 1478107029503.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478107029503.png
63KB, 250x250px
>>165637083
I got like 300m of cobble already stored.
I think that's enough.
>>165637434
I have caches, AE, strongboxes that don't drop items when they are removed, satchels and backpacks. What functionality they offer to be worth the hassle?
>>
>>165637540
>What functionality they offer to be worth the hassle?

Compacting Drawers.
>>
>>165637639
And something similar to Factorization's old item routers.
>>
File: 2017-01-13_01.10.38.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-13_01.10.38.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
My derpy walls are upsetting me. I've made three posts about this and it is still upsetting me.
>>
>>165638383
Better start grinding wood to smelt all of that cobble.
Btw the most efficient material to smelt is wooden slabs, not charcoal. While charcoal is more "efficient" in the long run you are better off chopping more wood and turning it into slabs, eliminates the need to wait for it to burn into charcoal.
>>
>Start game
>Tainted land right next to my spawn

Should I be concerned? Can this stuff spread? Should I just restart?
>>
>>165638883
>Can this stuff spread?
kek

stick with it and find out
>>
>>165638497
Why does everyone shit on my cobble walls. I don't mind the way it looks.
>>
>>165638883
Is this thaumcraft? if so it spreads, yes.
Watch out for cursed animals, they can kill you easily.
Half of the world will be corrupted by the time you research containment, so welcome to hard mode. Or just move away, so the chunks aren't loaded.
>>
>>165639093
Well then terraform the terrain you lazy fuck.
You have nothing else to do and wood and stone shovels and pick axes are infinite.
>>
Recently started playing after 3 years. What can I build?
>>
>>165638383
>vanilla
step up nigga
>>
>>165618235
>>165618059
https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
http://modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

Can we put those in the general's OP next time, please?

(Also, if you have modding questions, you can always ask them here - I'll try to answer, at least, and I know we have at least one other modder around.)
>>
>>165633947
What is your textures?
>>
>>165639816
https://mega.nz/#F!X1tRABpI!QMZN08XBdFBG3wgSPLIGig
the most i ever got really
>>
>>165639349
I don't like terraforming, it makes it makes my village look like it was made on an assembly line. I like the natural look, the only drawback are the shitty looking uneven walls.
>>
>>165639707
I like vanilla. I don't like all the piston/pipe crap that is out there. I'm relatively easily entertained. I like building houses, breeding villages, and just trying to make cool stuff.

I'm currently just gathering wood to build homes within my crappy walls.
>>
File: laughing mobs.jpg (10KB, 251x214px) Image search: [Google]
laughing mobs.jpg
10KB, 251x214px
>>165640074
>I like the natural look but don't like the natural look
>>
File: 1481381943651.jpg (7KB, 129x175px) Image search: [Google]
1481381943651.jpg
7KB, 129x175px
>>165640182
>There is no such thing as something having pros AND cons
Basically if I flatten out the land it makes my wall look good but it destroys the natural look. If I keep the natural look it makes my wall uneven.

Now that I'm evaluating this I'm thinking terraforming is my only option because every time I walk into my village it urks me. So how exactly would I go about doing it? Just dig on the outside of my wall to make it all even, or on the inside? Because if I come up with something I don't like it'll be a major setback, my wall spans a country mile.
>>
>>165640426
Backup the world, use some editing program to quickly modify it, then see how it looks.
Or use creative, the do it in survival if you like.
This is what I do when I test dangerous nuclear designs, nuclear shelters or wither strategies.
>>
>>165640548
>nuclear site
See, this is why I play vanilla. That just sounds ridiculous.

Anyway, what I'm doing isn't necessarily dangerous, just time consuming. Then again I'll probably do this anyway because the last time I tried to modify my village and didn't like the outcome I spent like an hour messing with it, forgot villagers are retards, and realized I lost about 30% of my population to zombies because they don't have the sense to run away.
>>
>>165640806
>I like playing vanilla, but don't like vanilla mechanics
You keep saying these things that don't make any sense
>>
>>165640806
You don't have to add ic2 to your world, boyo. There is other simple mods out there than don't add "ridiculous" stuff. Because everybody likes different shit.
>>
>>165640806
>I play vanilla because I'm a brainlet
>>
File: 1482554333345.jpg (9KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1482554333345.jpg
9KB, 226x223px
>Not knowing the thrill of doing super complicated nuclear designs that can blow the shit out but they don't because you are proficient enough
>>
>>165640915
What vanilla mechanics did I say I didn't like?

>>165640946
I use pretty simple mods like a map and waypoint system. That is pretty much it, though. I've thought about getting shit like furniture mods, but I still have fun just building some stuff even though I'm honestly not even good at building.

>>165641021
>tfw too intelligent for modded Minecraft
>>
>>165641165
When I want to go simple, I use map, treecapitator and carpenters blocks. They are what vanilla should be imo, really. Not having vanilla explosion resistant doors/fence is bullshit.
>>
>>165641127
>tfw the rush of getting right up close to a hungry node to box it in with obsidian by hand, because you are high enough level madman
>>
In 1.7.10 does the game still keep worlds in memory if you exit to the main menu like 1.6.4 did?

So basically in 1.6.4 (and prior versions I would assume), if you swapped worlds a lot without restarting your game, you would eventually crash from being out of memory.

Figured I'd ask before testing for myself since the game takes forever to boot up (modded).
>>
File: hobo-the-absolute-mad-man.png (62KB, 200x368px) Image search: [Google]
hobo-the-absolute-mad-man.png
62KB, 200x368px
>>165641561
>>
>>165641561
That's like switching off a nuclear about to explode.
>>
>>165641363
Treecapitator isn't up to 1.11 I do not believe, which is the version I play.
>>
>>165635164

If I don't like an area I just fuck off into the nether, travel for like 1000 blocks and then build an exit portal.
>>
Is there a mod that lets me eat mobs?
>>
Which biome mods should I use?
>>
So for those of you using Refined Storage or AE, is there any way to disconnect entire segments of your network with a single signal?

Like say I've got a room full of crafters/assemblers and a crafting terminal but I don't need those on all the time and would like to only power up that room when a lever is flipped.
>>
>>165645262
sticky piston
block placer/breaker system
>>
>>165645262
AE Dark Cables? Think they can be "disconnected" with a redstone signal
>>
>>165645095
Like in a vore way or just like, nibble on them for sustenance?
>>
>>165645262
AE has dark cable that can be toggled on/off with a redstone signal and RS has the Relay that does the same
>>
>>165645262
AE has toggle buses.
http://ae-mod.info/ME-Toggle-Bus/
>>
>>165645454

Slightly too ghetto for my taste.

>>165645521
>>165645597
>>165645781

Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>165646105
There is also inverted version, so you are covered completely.
For remote/dimensional use you probably want wireless redstone mod though.
>>
hey anon that was looking for CoG help, I'm a retard and didn't be helpful and link you direct to the CoG's wiki articles on its Github page.

https://github.com/lawremi/CustomOreGen/wiki/Vein-parameters

this should be useful to you. I'll update the /mcg/ wiki with this link eventually
>>
File: 2017-01-14_18.39.37.png (2MB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-14_18.39.37.png
2MB, 1920x1005px
>>165636102
YES.

Ok so, toxicjunglefag, I really need to name this project because its become so much more.

Modder friend is finishing my custom mod this week. I've had a Plane added, similar to the cloud layer it stretches over the entire map, only it rests at y=0.5 and is opaque.

This will actually be the toxic ocean. So basically the whole map is islands with bedrock ala normal MC, but where the "ocean" is, there is just void, so if you fall into the ocean, you fall through this layer and into the void. I've changed the lang file to say "Was eaten by algae" instead of "Has fallen out of the world" when you die in the void. Basically this makes it look really nice without having to paint modded liquids with worldpainter to create an actual toxic ocean. It also means sea level is at 0 basically, which gives me so much more room to build upwards.

Texture pending.
>>
File: 2016-11-28_23.44.38.png (379KB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-28_23.44.38.png
379KB, 1920x1005px
>>165648342
and here's 4 of the 6 new "worked metal" blocks he's adding to the game, these will be made with metal plates and ingots, but cheaper than IE sheetmetal or metal blocks. This will make building with them really nice, but they won't be able to be used in production or to actually get ahead. due to this they will be salvageable from scrap found in the world quite readily.
>>
>>165648432
Do they have vanilla textures too, or only PixPerf ones?
>>
Hello!
So, i have a questions. i have this game, licensed version. Where can i play? Please, help for me!
>>
>>165648994
What are you asking for exactly?
Servers?
>>
>>165649117
Yes. Classic servers. Don't mini games.
>>
>>165648520
The whole map/modpack is based around PP textures. So expect 90% of things to be PP, and the other 10% to be recolors and reskins by me of PP textures. I think the only things that wont be PP will be the IE multiblocks, since those textures are insanely complex and look great with PP already.
>>
>>165649192

>classic servers
If you mean indev or early versions of the game, there are none.

If you mean vanillla survival servers, there are no fully vanilla ones.
All /mcg/ servers currently up are either heavily modded with a specific focus on tech mods, or use plugins, for things like economies and stuff.
>>
>>165649357
Oh, Thx.
>>
>>165649417
You could try asking in minecraft forums.
>>
>>165647669
thanks anon!
>>
holy shit ded.
>>
Any sort of mods I could use to make ores slowly regen?
>>
>>165653129
I just googled "Minecraft ore regen mod"

You're welcome.
>>
why does minecraft mcg autism technology?
>>
>>165653524
Why does /mcg/ prefer autistic minecraft tech mods? Whats wrong with fun mods like thaumcraft
>>
File: 2016-07-12_22.04.13.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-12_22.04.13.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>165653619
>implying /mcg/ isn't stuffed to the brim with thaumfags
You're so new it hurts
>>
File: 1AEIOU.png (374KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
1AEIOU.png
374KB, 500x740px
>>165615386
>>165615829
>>165616937
>>
File: MetroDLCRanger.png (688KB, 1094x831px) Image search: [Google]
MetroDLCRanger.png
688KB, 1094x831px
>>165616167
I get very heavy Metro feels from that. Makes me think of the currency exchange booths.

>"Trade your cartridges here!"
>>
File: Railbase01WarmingUp.jpg (359KB, 1564x822px) Image search: [Google]
Railbase01WarmingUp.jpg
359KB, 1564x822px
>>165630320
>map with trens got deleted

Map with trains wasn't even fully realized ffs. I'm still sour about it honestly. I developed some neat things from that map that I didn't really get to fully document.
>>
>>165656139
im in awe of your superior trainfagism
muh desert base didnt have the a e s t h e t i c
cyberpunk rail freight station soon
>>
So in IE it says some materials are "safe to build with" meaning they dont interact to form a multiblock. are the blocks that go into multiblock always ticking or something? Should I not be building aesthetically with sheetmetal?
>>
File: HoboRailStock.jpg (303KB, 1550x832px) Image search: [Google]
HoboRailStock.jpg
303KB, 1550x832px
>>165657384
>superior trainfagism

Nothing superior about it. I just prepare my operations for efficiency in case people actually want me to haul shit for them.

In fact, I hope people want me to haul for them. It's fun.
>>
>>165657741
Traincraft is so cool, I'm just so turned off by the tiny trains. Why can't they be big like rails of war?
>>
>>165657506
no, the multiblocks only form when you hit it with a hammer
the materials are fine to build with
>>
>>165657830
fits the theme
im fine with 3ft gauge personally
>>
File: RR 10 - Full.jpg (104KB, 700x572px) Image search: [Google]
RR 10 - Full.jpg
104KB, 700x572px
>>165657830
>Why can't they be big like rails of war?

I hear you, and I like RoW's potential, but it's so fucking clunky and irritating to work with more often than not.

And that's before running trains. I have the autism, sure, but fuck me I don't want to take two weeks to build one line between two towns because I have to grade fucking everything for the track.

Traincraft is diminuitive, but easier to work with. Plus Narrow Gauge is a thing.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_16.45.41.png (127KB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_16.45.41.png
127KB, 1920x1005px
>>165657506
Speaking of sheet metals, just finished some conversions from IE textures to PP style sheets. I was heavily inspired by Techguns containers.
>>
>>165655843
horatio likes tight panties

>>165655695
Thaum IS tech you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>165658174
Sexy!

Multiblock shipping containers when?
>>
>>165657830
Traincraft is so useless though. It looks great and all, but what's the fucking point if you can find all resources everywhere, except for specific shit that isn't essential like slimeballs and mooshrooms.
Everything else you can just bring to your base and share (unless you are a jew).
>>
>>165653524
because Minecraft fucking sucks for an action game and is not interesting enough (vanilla) to promote exploration

Thechnology mods straight up ignore that pile of shit, and let Minecraft shine as an engineereing game
>>
>>165658753
Well techguns with connected textures makes some GORGEOUS shipping containers... Thats where i got the inspo from.
>>
>>165657741
>>165658156
do you (or anyone else) happen to have a strata config for ImmersiveEngineering ores?
>>
>>165635335
Too bad there isn't a option to have them only to appear over a ocean, They would look much nicer
>>
>>165638883
it's malignant world cancer. what do you think.

you have noone to blame but yourself, playing with thaumcraft.
>>
File: LogFarm1.jpg (573KB, 1573x834px) Image search: [Google]
LogFarm1.jpg
573KB, 1573x834px
>>165659069
>Traincraft is so useless though. It looks great and all, but what's the fucking point if you can find all resources everywhere, except for specific shit that isn't essential like slimeballs and mooshrooms.
>Everything else you can just bring to your base and share (unless you are a jew).

You're not thinking with autism then.

while you're right, it's easy enough to go down below and nab some stacks of shit. If you really want to use the trains to help you, you can find a way.

My Trainserb 1 base is built on insanely coal-heavy lands, but I still figured out a way to incorporate trains into the mining process, and I've even taken carloads of coal to other people.

Plus, when you decide you want more automation, such as automatic tree farms, those work best when placed farther away from the normal settlements. TC trains are a dominant competitor there, since they can mitigate the travel time AND move all of that shit in fewer trips.
Pic related: My Trainserb tree farm that was so successful that it became too successful and broke
>>
>>165659706
>tree farms
eh four minefactory reloaded harvesters with emerald upgrades, a tesseract and a chunk loader can provide almost enough wood for the entire server, unless people love to use charcoal. And they don't need you to build for hours. But I guess the cool factor is what you guys like best.
To make the mod really useful you would need to add a mod like that one that used to make all ores of certain kind concentrate in certain places, so you could bring all the loot in your elegant train.
Too bad the author didn't update it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubei48SoJ_E
>>
>>165659992
https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/237130-customoregen
>>
>>165659992
>a tesseract

I found why you don't like trains, you fucking pleb.
>>
File: 1470270877995.jpg (20KB, 392x402px) Image search: [Google]
1470270877995.jpg
20KB, 392x402px
>>165660256
Yeah because trains can carry shit between dimensons, I am stupid.
>>
>>165659992
>minefactory reloaded harvesters
Breh, how do you think I made my tree farm? Duh.

Instead of your dumb tesseract block, mine has a rail line. Literally the same thing otherwise.
>>
>>165659992
>eh four minefactory reloaded harvesters with emerald upgrades, a tesseract and a chunk loader

And the award for the most boring tree farm goes to this anon.
>>
>>165660368
What do you do between dimensions then, wise sage of autismcraft?
>>
>tfw no friends to make autistic minecraft bases with
help
>>
>>165660462
I want a small comfy server, but I use 100 mods. Dunno if your pc can handle it. Also 4 gb of ram needed.
>>
>>165660230
Is this compatible with other mod ores? the original had that issue. Didn't generate uranium, copper, tin and whatever the other mods spawned.
>>
>>165660665
It even has built in configs for most mods, and you can edit/make new ones because they're all XML. Additionally, you can set config priority, so one mod's settings has priority before others in worldgen like gregtech.
>>
File: this is good isnt it.jpg (35KB, 745x462px) Image search: [Google]
this is good isnt it.jpg
35KB, 745x462px
>>165660801
Darn nigga, this sounds like my dream made true.
Imagine finding a mine of AE charged quartz.
>>
>>165660428
>What do you do between dimensions then, wise sage of autismcraft?

If it's 100% up to me (which in the case of TrainSerb it is not), I would build a rail line in The Nether if I thought I needed one, and figure the best operable interchange between The Nether and the Overworld. Knowing me it would be an automated ender-chest setup like we used in Hoboserb.

Normally I don't bother with large-scale operations in other dimensions anyway. I maintain my large holdings in the Overworld and I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the Nether or w/e when I have to.

Tesseracts are fine, and I used to abuse the fuck out of them, but they aren't the end-all be-all that people make them out to be. Transport is transport, and a rail line built for efficiency, speed and capacity can be just as good as any tesseract magic.
>>
File: 5197.1317050292.jpg (238KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
5197.1317050292.jpg
238KB, 1024x702px
>>165661082
>I would build a rail line in The Nether

Come to think of it I should actually try this for once. Steam trains can use lava as a fuel.

Water might be problematic though.
>>
>>165661082
Well I am running galacticraft here, you don't know what is "hard to build" until you reach asteroids dimension.
It is so annoying because everything is permanently dark to the degree that every time you want to be away from mobs you have to put special mod lamps to be left in peace.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/rwtema-stop-cofh-mods

I'm a little confused
>>
>>165661335
You can move tanks if you have TE, or extra utilities nearly infinite bedrockium drums, if you got those mods.
>>
>>165661462
>mobs spawning in asteroids
FUCKING PLEASE STOP GALACTICRAFT

At the very least the mod author could make the mobs flying/spacebourne robots or something
>>
>>165660557
I have a server with 4 GB of RAM and my machine has 16gb
>>
>>165661535
Boycotting CoFH sounds like a good idea to me, nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: AUTISM.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISM.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>165661535
>>
>>165659069
>he doesn't use cofh for biome specific oregen
It's fucking great. I'm a day into my world and I'm still using flint and copper tools because the closest plains is 1k blocks away.
>>
>>165661914
t. Spacetoad
>>
>>165662165
SpaceToad was the one who accepted the pull request which moved BuildCraft to RF.
>>
>>165661797
Great, so what do you suggest? do you want to add me on steam?
>>
>>165644820
How would you do this? Like you just walk up to a zombie and take a freaking bite out of it?
>>
how is toxic jungle fag doing?
>>
>>165662165
You could not be more incorrect.

>>165662234
Is there a branch that never did this?
>>
>>165645523
vore way

I want to eat mob girls
>>
>>165662234
Darn then who hates cofh?
>>165662272
Maybe make it so instead of dying mods are fainted ala pokemon and then you can eat them?
>>
>>165656139
>that lump of coal
M Y D I C K
Y
D
I
C
K
>>
>>165662268
We can talk about it on Steam. What's your addy?
>>
>>165662415
RF is cancer
>>
File: 2017-01-15_11.00.04.png (296KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_11.00.04.png
296KB, 1920x1051px
>>165662416
>>
>Get Biomes O' Plenty
>Feel like Biomes go on forever
>Can't find the config file

Is this normal? Should I be okay with it? I feel like I need to keep restarting.
>>
>>165661996
http://customoregen.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Debugging_Mode

COG does biome generation you fucking PLEB
>>
>>165662314
>Is there a branch that never did this?
BuildCraft 6.0.x was the last branch with MJ, however the implementation was so overcomplicated (and broken in terms of compatibility with 5.0.x MJ) that you'd be better off sticking to BuildCraft 5 - however, that version has many bugs which make it unusable in actual gameplay, especially in mutliplayer.

The last branch that has properly functioning MJ in a reliable version of BuildCraft is, effectively, 1.6.4.
>>
File: 0_0_chme3_5729.jpg (953KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
0_0_chme3_5729.jpg
953KB, 1000x667px
>>165661462

I've heard of the struggles present in the asteroids. Galacticraft is one mod that i don't spend enough time with myself. I've done some things on the moon and that's all. I leave the rest of it to my space-sperg friendo.

Come TrainSerb 2 I hope our idea of a ship-to-train freight interchange system can be realized.
>>
>>165662973
(And, of course, BuildCraft 8.0.x for - hopefully - 1.11.2+ is going to bring back MJ, although I have no idea on the specifics as I'm no longer involved.)
>>
I don't like savanna biomes because they remind me of africa which I also don't like
>>
File: everything is under control.gif (809KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
everything is under control.gif
809KB, 500x350px
>>165662973
fuck

>>165663085
Oh!
>>
>>165662667
I tried COG at first, but it kept crashing at world creation for some reason. I tried to find out why for a day, but got frustrated so I just gave COFH a try, and it just werked.
COG is still better if you can get it to work though. Its setup is much easier than meddling with JSON files for hours.
>>
>>165662415
>Darn then who hates cofh?
Me
>>
>>165624678
looks cool m8
>>
File: help.jpg (31KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
31KB, 456x628px
>>165662534
Sorry was busy with some stuff
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012961900
>>165661721
You haven't lived until you try the hard mode
>>165663081
The moon is piss easy, well if you avoid the long nights that is. Mars is basically a planet you can terraform to move there if you wish. And asteroids are nightmare mode without flight. But they are very rewarding, you can find meteoric iron there or even diamond ones that would be OP otherwise.
>>
>>165662561
Whats the forerunner armor and the glove from?
>>
>>165663189
Also, in BuildCraft 7 at least, there's a config option which lets you restore MJ-style power loss on BC pipes, effectively granting you power loss mechanics on top of RF. InfiTech 2 uses it, as far as I know.
>>
>>165663479
The glove is not a glove it is the power fist from modular power suits, the armor is also from the same mod.
Basically makes you iron man/megaman, but requires a shitton of materials and has low defense. By low defense I mean another player can nuke you easily, it doesn't stand nukes from ic2 unless you are away and if it runs out of energy you are toast.
>>
>>165663479
You mean modular powersuits armor and power glove?
>>
krypt/forkanon are you there
request urgent assistance with IE and Strata
i got magneticraft ores configured fine but muh IE ones (the ones that matter) dont work
pls send help
>>
>>165638883
you can disable spread in the configs and I suggest you do
>>
File: 2017-01-15_18.45.26.png (355KB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_18.45.26.png
355KB, 1920x1005px
>>165662295
I'm good senpai, thanks for asking!

I just got back from the store which had apparently sold out of BOTH ground beef AND chicken breast, so now instead of a glorious animal burger, I have to eat a tofu burger.
>inb4 nice blog

Other than that I'm working on retexturing most of the IE textures to be pixel perfection compatible and seeing how they interact with 1.10's Platforms mod (basically catwalks), contemplating build a city based on a massive floorplan, and wondering how to stitch world-painter maps together.

I really need my mod guy to finish the custom blocks mod because I need to use them to build aforementioned city.
>>
>>165665821
In random other thoughts:

This board filters f a m to senpai

Why does IE have a connected textures folder if they aren't used when optifine is installed?

Realizing that optifine fucks up a bunch of stuff with multiblocks (And I'm usually one of the white knights defending optifine, I thought it was jesus before). So I uninstalled it and my modpack still runs just fine. I just miss some of the nice visual touches it gave, like the ability to color fog and have custom sky. So what can I use to still have these things?
>>
>>165663381
Darn the steam link was for >>165662478
>>
>>165666065
Also IE scaffolding textures are fucking horrible. Can anyone suggest the most glorious scaffold textures?
>>
I like immersive engineering ideas of power loss, cables, batteries and stuff, but don't you all agree that the fucking excavator mechanics are utter garbage? What's the point of grinding the map for hours to find the ore you want?
The worst of all, is that if you use this you have to remove most other mods, because they are overpowered in comparison, like TE, ic2.
>>
>>165666682
What is garbage about it? You grind the map for materials to BUILD the original machinery, but once you build the excavator its basically afk ore processing like any other mod.

I don't understand what you're saying.

>The worst of all, is that if you use this you have to remove most other mods, because they are overpowered in comparison, like TE, ic2.

This however is true, but its kinda supposed to be that way...
>>
>>165666383
Sent ;)
>>
>>165666791
This guy got it right, biznatch.
>>
File: 1468408305059.jpg (32KB, 606x533px) Image search: [Google]
1468408305059.jpg
32KB, 606x533px
>Immersive Engineering
>excavator doesn't excavate anything, just prints ores
immersive my ass
>>
File: dissapointing.jpg (22KB, 296x442px) Image search: [Google]
dissapointing.jpg
22KB, 296x442px
>>165666791
Well there is no configuration file to increase the energy yields of generators.
And then we have the two massive problems, first to use the excavator itelf you have to move the massive monster to the chunk you want to mine, then move another massive monster (unless you use something else) to power it up. This is tedious and added to the grind of finding the mineral, it is simply masochism, not hard or balanced.
>>
>>165667161
>not hard or balanced
Yep. I agree. You see IE is mostly an aesthetic mod actually. He built it to be underpowered so it wouldn't overpower other mods. As for config file, there are pretty much options for anything (I'm using 1.10) so maybe you have an old version. You can even make the excavator not ever exhaust a vein if you are so inclined.

Since you seem like the gameplay > aesthetics type, just use your favorite energy production method to make the energy, and use the batteries, wires and such that you said you love to carry that power. I really don't see an issue.
>>
>>165667109
Well people get lazy when making mods
hence why some mods have a mix of retextured cubes and custom models even when it clashes
>>
>>165666595
They are nice but if you dont like them, chisel has scaffolds too in transparent and full block versions or Icyjew scaffolds.
>>
>>165667651
>mod with only custom models which has nice a e s t h e t i c and maybe even custom animations
my dream
>>
>>165667109
>spend 6 hours trying to find a vein that you want
>tediously setting up vein probe over and over
>or download an app that can tell you exactly where it is
>>
>>165667109
wouldnt work very wel; with vanilla ore gen because you would need to keep moving it unless it had a hueg range
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>165667109
so it's just a quarry?
I imagined optimistically that it would be similar to this within the limitations of the gamse
>>
>>165630320
>you still have the map
I actually wouldn't mind bringing back the OG map...
Dir7y serb 2.0 may be a possibility, assuming enough people want it
>>
>>165667513
Well immersive engineering is great for aesthetics though. Looks quite realistic and impressive. Sucks that my modpack crashes too much if I add it, oh well.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_19.22.24.png (235KB, 1920x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_19.22.24.png
235KB, 1920x1005px
opinions:

Which sheetmetal texture looks more doper?
>>
What if there was a mod that allowed you to make multiblock liquid tanks out of any material you wanted for maximum aesthetic and comfy.
>>
>>165668558
left
>>
>>165668558
both look fine, 2nd loos like a classic wavy sheet and the first one a bendable pipe (like a straw or something)
>>
File: coal-mining.jpg (261KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
coal-mining.jpg
261KB, 970x546px
>>165667109

>Bitching about how the Excavator doesn't make a bigass pit mine
>Meanwhile he could make his own fucking pit mine for the Excavator to work in, and generate all the goodness of normal mining while his IE machine is doing its thing

I watched a thingit on Youtube not long ago showing one of China's open-pit coal mines. The company operating it is one of the last in the world to use steam trains for the job, and they run those bastards right down into the mine to pull away tailings and coal.

I guaran-damn-tee I want to do exactly what I've just described. Set up an Excavator or two and let them print while I dredge out a big pit around them for everything else.
>>
>>165669207
Goddam that scale of CLANK is awesome, but
>all that near permanently fugged land
I've got to do some research, is ALL of that grey matter usable coal? If so, holy crap
>>
File: 129791361355.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
129791361355.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>tfw constantly fighting the temptation to install extra utilities in every pack i play
>>
File: TrainSerbHMIoil.jpg (411KB, 1569x838px) Image search: [Google]
TrainSerbHMIoil.jpg
411KB, 1569x838px
>>165669549
>>all that near permanently fugged land

Do it somewhere ideally you don't give a shit about. That's how I work most of my industries. My home is the feelingest place that I like most, and my heavy industry is somewhere appropriate around it, or in an area elsewhere that no one is using.
>>
>>165669602
Why not just comprimise and use simply extra or whatever the name is, it's pretty much a Exu clone but with all the gay shit removed from it.
>>
>>165669750
I didn't even know something like that exists. What's the name of it?
>>
>>165668569
Xycraft tanks did that.
>>165669207
>>165669549
You are gonna love this ones
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3maw7i/excavating_a_strip_mine/
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3oacsb/strip_mine_update_the_vault/
>>
File: Coal-train-photo.jpg (48KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
Coal-train-photo.jpg
48KB, 420x236px
>>165669929
My. Dick. When.
>>
>>165670309
Check the other stuff from that turbo autist, he makes goat industrial builds that make dicks go erect.
>>
File: ThisAngersSpaceSperg.jpg (460KB, 1592x829px) Image search: [Google]
ThisAngersSpaceSperg.jpg
460KB, 1592x829px
Today on Mystery Mine Theatre:

A THEFT ON TRAINSERB
>>
>>165669880
Some anon made it here It's called Extra Simple, I don't have one at hand but someone else have a download link for you.
>>
>>165670902
I'll keep a look out for it then, thanks.

What kind of stuff was changed from the base mod?
>>
>>165669207
>just pretend that it works dude
That's like the exact opposite of immersive though.
>>
>>165672052
>Pretend
Then don't use it.
>>
>>165672052
http://imgur.com/a/rhX90
See this, how would a mod even add such a thing? Its immersive but theres a difference between reality and games.
>>
File: MANMADEHELL.jpg (430KB, 1592x834px) Image search: [Google]
MANMADEHELL.jpg
430KB, 1592x834px
>>165672351

Could always have it eat out a pit for itself. IDFK what this guy really wants.
>>
Is there a point to putting a lead on an iron golem in vanilla minecraft?
>>
>>165522296
there was a project that involved a massive solar array in space, and to transfer energy they would use a laser thingy that worked in microwaves
>>
>>165672326
The rest of the mod is pretty dank, I just don't like that the excavator is so far away from the mod's vision.

>>165672351
I agree that it looks damn cool, but I can assure you that would be much, much cooler if the machine did the actual digging.

I thought a lot about it. Just having it mine blocks near the wheel, and a mechanic to move it around, like along scaffolds as rails, or a base with treads like real excavators would make it insanely better. Would be more "immersive" than other automatic miners too, such as quarries.
>>
>>165672351
Fun is subjective, fuck off
>>
>>165673018
Thanks and bingo. Now we can power that atomic alchemy to basically become an utopia, but except not because jews.
>>
Post comfy texture/resource packs. I can't find one I like holding on to, so many of the old classics seem to have died.
>>
>>165673295
Nope idiot, MY definition of fun is the only one that counts.
>>
>>165546635
>>there exists several reactor designs, such as LFTR reactors, that are literally completely safe, even if they melt down, but they've been stopped by the oil and "green" lobbies, who coincidentally always work together to crush nuclear power

LFTR reactors can't melt because they work with molten material
>>
>>165672351
That's impressive and who the hell even cares that much to do such thing? Like yeah looks nice but seems boring and tedious to do every time you mine and I hate world destroying stuff.
As unrealistic and bad as it looks, I prefer extra utilities quarry.
>>
>>165669717
wtf you can paint railcraft tanks?
i never knew this man
>>
StacksOnStacks or IngotPyramid, /mcg/?
>>
File: 1373645520655.png (149KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
1373645520655.png
149KB, 274x231px
>>165674761
>"Ugh who would take the time to make something interesting and aesthetically pleasing when they could just use boring BLOAT?"
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>some fag talks about how he can get around bans
>ban him from my serb
>he comes back in and starts talking shit
>write two lines of text into the server bot
>bot kicks him and rejects any connections he makes to the server
>he starts crying to me on discord and begging me to unban him

should I tell him to eat shit and die or should I let him back in?
>>
>>165675654
Literally triggered.
>>
>>165676065
>ban evader
>not only a ban evader, but a little shithead that shits on everyone when he comes back
No, let him rot.
>>
File: 2017-01-15_13.45.24.png (1010KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-15_13.45.24.png
1010KB, 1360x706px
So messing with Defensetech is fun af but also gives your world cancer.
This is an example of an I fucked everything up.
>>
>>165676065
The former.
>>
File: FuckingJew.jpg (283KB, 1534x712px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingJew.jpg
283KB, 1534x712px
>>165676065

Is his name Babbaj?
>>
>>165676249
>Defensetech
wot
>>
>>165675402
Stacks on Stacks since it doesn't have a convoluted placement method

IngotPyramid if you are playing with a gazillion different bar types
>>
New status post on the homepage.

https://mctrainmanguide.wordpress.com/
>>
>>165677706
Thanks for the update, hope in the future we get more train autism from you.
>>
>>165655695
Thaum is a magic mod thats 80% tech. Still really good
>>
>>165678136
*magitech
>>
>>165678968
there was an attempt
>>
>>165678968
>>165679357
b-but this thread is still going and no one has baked a new one yet...
>>
>>165679836
New bread guys.
>>
>>165679890
There was already a thread you retard.
>>165678841
>>
>>165681270
oops. i cant delete now. Just let one die I don't care.
Thread posts: 768
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.