[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 783
Thread images: 130

File: a shit.png (157KB, 985x662px) Image search: [Google]
a shit.png
157KB, 985x662px
/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

Demoday XII is upon us. May God have mercy with us, because the tierlist won't.

> Previous Thread
>>164836252

> Play Demo Day 11
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Next Demo Day 12
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Play Dinosaur Jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

> Helpful links
New Threads: >>>/vg/agdg
Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/wUh6itNN

> Engines
tools.aggydaggy.com/engines

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org | blender-models.com | mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org
>>
File: household.png (9KB, 227x277px) Image search: [Google]
household.png
9KB, 227x277px
bracing for disappointment
>>
File: 1445461615871.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
1445461615871.png
276KB, 424x412px
>raw OpenGL
>>
File: 2qNqF2Y[1].png (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2qNqF2Y[1].png
29KB, 480x480px
>>164897765
>> Engines
>tools.aggydaggy.com/engines
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org | blender-models.com | mayang.com/textures
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org
>>
File: hi.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
make good games
>>
I want to play the cooking game, the medieval mecha game, the squad RTS game, some others that I forgot!
>>
>>164898012
It's obviously not important to you, else you would have created a thread with the correct OP at 750.
>>
File: 1469230181734.png (307KB, 646x558px) Image search: [Google]
1469230181734.png
307KB, 646x558px
DD XII Reminder:
- Name all your shit the same. Let the game, the exe, the zip, the game page share the same name
- Zip the folder, not the files
- No installers!
- If it's not your game's first Demo Day, let us know what you've progressed, so we can bug test what's new
>>
>tripfag OP shitposting
Filtered.
>>
>tfw you literally copy and paste code and it doesn't work
>>
>>164897765
>May God have mercy with us, because the tierlist won't
My hype is ready, the tierposters is the only opinion that conveys true brutal AGDG-style feedback anymore
>>
>>164898443
That's not really surprising.
>>
>>164898516
Fuggiest bug I ever encountered was text being presented in a Blackboard style online classroom webapp, and the code to copy was converted somehow so quotes became something that looked like quotes but wasn't recognized by the IDE as such.
>>
>>164898516
>tierposters
What? I can only recall one or two from the past DDs. It doesn't seem to be a thing.
>>
>>164898687
>It doesn't seem to be a thing.
>tierlists
>not a thing in agdg
Tierlists are the essence of agdg feedback. That they have receded to only demo days is a shame. We need tierposters to post more often.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (244KB, 1029x686px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
244KB, 1029x686px
>>164892960
definitely a cartoon of a frog

>>164893617
she does have shadows but it's pretty subtle. does .4 look better?
>>
>>164898687
>tierposter's opinion
seeing your game improve in an anonymous strangers eyes is a very motivating feel

normally it'd be bad to put any kind of weight on one persons opinion over anyone elses because muh imageboard culture, but since anyone can post their personal tiers, its at least some kind of feedback beyond seeing your download count tick up
>>
>>164898878
Why does she have a "what I've seen could kill lesser men" look on the 3rd?
>>
https://hastebin.com/oqekalizir.cs

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with this script for a Character Controller in Unity?

I'm having difficulty rotating a camera around this object whilst having this object move relative to the camera's rotation. It just starts spazzing out.
>>
>>164899064
Thats a nice way to share code
>>
>>164899064
There's a feedback loop of some kind, so knowing only the controller code won't help. The camera code is needed too.

Have you first tried both the camera and the controller separately, to verify that the problem is in the interaction, and not just un one of the components?
>>
>>164899427
2pretentious4me

He should have typed it out, like any other beginner
>>
>>164899005
DRAMATIC SHADOWS
>>
>>164898359
>- No installers!

What do you suggest with a Unity based project? Standalone exec?
>>
>>164899630
Ah shit yeah I should've provided the Camera code.

https://hastebin.com/izedezubed.cs

The controller runs fine (aside from some minor problems like falling on slopes but that's easily fixable)
When I activate the camera code all hell breaks loose.

I'd just like to have a rotatable camera with the player moving relative to the camera's orientation but I feel as if I'm going about this the wrong way.
>>
>>164900207
I can't help you today because DD, but if you're still stuck on this later, I'll look into it.

Unity also has the new collab feature, testing in situ is much easier, if you can trust someone not to fuck up your project.
>>
>>164900438
Just a little playground/testing project atm so I can get more comfortable with the project so I don't really mind sharing any of the files.
>>
>>164898878
I don't know, maybe it's the mouth that makes it look flat. The higher opacity shadow certainly helps though.
>>
>tfw you see a drawing of a character being sad and it makes you sad

empathy is shit
>>
>>164898516
>>164898851
>trying this hard to validate your shitty tier list feedback
If only you put this kind of effort into making a game instead
>>
>>164900861
t. shit-tier
>>
>>164900705
ok, I really am down to help you code this but, demo day! post again in a few days
>>
>>164900752
It's what makes us human
>>
I'm ready for people to ignore my game and call it a walking simulator!
>>
>>164898878
Hey Tracy dev, can you give your little frog a chance to say

>Kero kero
>(I'm practicing my Japanese)
>>
>>164897765
>May God have mercy with us, because the tierlist won't.
Fuck "the" tierlist no single feedback posting anon here should feel that they are somehow an official rating just because they make some gay little photoshop collage.
>>
>>164900207
>>164899064
Alright it's been a while since I've used Unity, but pray tell are you in the same coordinate space everywhere? Like you tell the camera to LookAt the player, but the player's transform is local?
>>
File: understand.webm (1MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
understand.webm
1MB, 720x406px
Added some effects to make it a little more visible what's actually happening. Mouse over makes the piece you're over and the pieces you can effect wiggle, clicking sends out a pulse that flips the pieces. Link for sound.

https://a.uguu.se/mskJ62zQVUlU_understand.webm
>>
>>164897765
there have been no memetastic tierlists for like 2 demodays now
give it a break
>>
>>164898878
I don't like the shading.
.1 or maybe .2 would be fine.
>>
>>164901312
I believe so. How would I check so I can confirm this?
>>
Fuck it, if I'm gonna make an AGDG 12 banner, I need a recap of all of the characters. There better damn be 12 of them.
>>
>>164901959
>all of the characters. There better damn be 12 of them
Who is eligible?
>>
>>164901334
I think it's safe to say there's going to be one with all this shilling for it
>>
File: 009.png (193KB, 1025x770px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
193KB, 1025x770px
>>164901137
-> YES.txt

I'm definitely going to have contextual and random dialogue, this is a good one

>>164901723
yeah, I textured her with unlit style in mind, so it makes sense. the game used to look like this
>>
>>164901959
>I need a recap of all of the characters
The thing hasn't even started yet. We don't know yet what characters it'll have.
>>
>>164901959
>12
Try 48
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>game doesn't have a web player
NEXT
>>
Set my alarm early tomorrow in order to play all of the demoday 12 games and give feedback (ノヮ)ノ*:・゚
>>
>game is not advanced enough for a demo
>need to take a break from it anyway
Now's a good opportunity to use the DD deadline as a personal jam and try to make a side jam demo before it ends.
>>
What's a good way to hide or otherwise wrap the
SDL_PollEvent(&event) code you see in tutorial (like lazyfoo)?

Should I create various Event classes that correspond with whatever I'm concerned with? Like Keyboard_Event, Window_Event and deal with those in some sort of Event_Handler?

The main thing is that I don't want a loop with bare SDL calls in my main game loop. I want something more like:
events.update()
keyboard.update(events)
mouse.update(events)
gamepads.update(events)

Or something where on a per-frame basis "events" or equivalent is updated with all SDL events from that frame, which are then passed to the various handlers for types of input (mouse, keyboard, etc). This is to capture all info I need in nice little contained classes.

Does this approach seem reasonable or could someone give some advice here please?
>>
>Get running in a day with gamemaker what took me 3 with monogame

Hmmm... on the one hand, I'm not a real programmer if I use gamemaker. On the other hand I get to make a game while working a full-time job. Choices.
>>
>>164903198
The other systems shouldn't know about the concrete inputs. They should just take abstract inputs, i.e. what you get after applying bindings, sensitivity, etc.

Also realize that very few systems need input at all, just the UI and the player, really.
>>
>>164903261
That's not a choice. That's choosing between being hip and making progress. If the engine you're using doesn't work well with the game you're making, and another engine does, use that engine.

Ignore idiots who tell you X engine is universally bad if it works fantastic for the game you're making.
>>
>>164903261
>I'm not a real programmer
Who cares?

All non agdg programmers are rich while proud engine programmers have no games.
>>
>>164903563
>>164903586
The only reason I care is because I'm a full-time developer and programming a game engine along with the game seems like a good way to brush up on skills and concepts I might not necessarily run in to during my job, keeping me sharp in an industry where the weak toil away for peanuts and get stepped over.
>>
>>164903453
Oh yes, I know. This is just the first stage of input. These classes capture the state of the input at that frame (Mouse has a position, an is_down bool, etc, Keyboard has an array of bools for all keys). These would be fed through another stage that takes that info and processes it a bit more (turns the current "is_down" into a "was_pressed"/"was_released".
At some point this will tie in with the abstract input (run, jump, etc).

For the time being I'm worried about this and getting rid of an ugly loop with swtich statement from the middle of my main game loop.
>>
>>164903732
If you're doing it for your portfolio, do it for your portfolio. If you're doing it to make a game, do whatever makes that game fastest and most efficiently.

A full game tends to look better than a tech demo on a portfolio -- unless you're demonstrating something that's not very often seen.

After all, I'm going to be far more impressed if you shipped a game that you made over having a bunch of tech demos but no actual shipped-games to show fo rit.
>>
>>164903732
>The only reason I care is because I'm a full-time developer
>an industry where the weak toil away for peanuts
This is why I just work in corporate America and make games on the side. You could be earning twice as much working half as hard, and have enough money to dev whatever you want.
>>
>>164903586
>All non agdg programmers are rich
Who besides hopoo has ever gotten rich here? 50k in sales is not rich.
>>
>>164904000
I personally didn't get rich, but our games did make enough money that the studio stayed open for eight and a half years with everybody involved getting paid salary and us being able to contract out for essentials when needed. Even had a marketing budget to play with on our second game.
>>
>>164903849
Even if that game uses a pre-made engine? I don't necessarily care about a portfolio, my job allows me to pad my resume with some really noteworthy things by itself, and my github is up-to-date with my own smaller personal projects and PRs to open source projects. If having a shipped product is a huge plus even if it's not built with a more low level framework, then that's another big pro to switching to an engine and probably the decider for me.

>>164903932
Peanuts is a relative term :^) I always want more.

>>164904000
I don't want to make a game for the money. I want to learn, but I want to learn about more than just programming. The entire process of creating and releasing a product is something I also want to learn. Besides even if 50k isn't rich it'd kill my student debt hurr.
>>
>>164904203
>Even if that game uses a pre-made engine?

I will only care if you're applying to be an engine dev. Granted, that is also one of the highest paying positions in game companies -- and also one of the most hair greying.
>>
>>164903821
That seems incredibly overengineered and potentially inefficient.

Even if you want to separate it so it isn't directly in your main loop, there's no reason to split it up into classes like that. Just have all your input APIs put events into a single stream and then have the abstract input bindings pull from that stream.
>>
>>164904319
But hair-greying programming is the most fun programming... 5 years from now if I'm not doing way more challenging things I'm going to be fucking pissed with my entire career.
Fuck, the only thing is time. Devving for 8 hours at work and then coming home to enginedev is going to burn me out and leave me with a fraction of the progress I could be making.
>>
>>164904491
There's room to move around in most game companies. If you want to bite off something bigger after you get in the door as a tech. designer, there's paths for that if you show you've got the skills to pay the figurative bills.

At least in most companies that's the case. Besides, there's always the golden parachute option of working for a company for a while until you've got some big reserves saved up -- and then you bail, start your own company up after your no-compete expires, and use those savings to make the games you wanted to while you were working there. Lots and lots of AAA devs ejecting from companies these days to start up their own studios.
>>
>>164898878
less shading is better.
>>
>>164904389
Hmm... could you explain that a bit more?

I'll try to reason about my thoughts a bit too, for clarification (and a bit of rubber-duck programming).

My idea that there are multiple modes of input (at this point I'm only worried about mouse, keyboard and gamepad, though I could see adding touch in the future).
These interact in different ways and have different meaningful properties.
Mouse has a position and multiple states of buttons up and down, as well as a scroll wheel to think about.
Keyboard has a large number of buttons up or down.
Gamepads have axes, a dpad, and a variety of buttons as well.

SDL lets me query the states of these devices most of the time, however some states are only observable through SDL_Events (namely if a Gamepad is added or removed during runtime or if the scroll wheel of the mouse is moved).

I want to be able to store the current states of the devices as well as edge-triggered latches during the frames the buttons are either pressed or released. It'd also be pertinent to have timers for how long something has been held, etc.

I somehow need a unifying "stream", as you put it, where these inputs are temporarily stored.
This could potentially be as simple as a struct of vectors which gets cleared and new events pushed onto it every frame, yes? Then this needs to be analyzed to determine the edge-triggers and timers I mentioned above.

Then the abstract inputs should pull from the processed inputs, not the raw input? And if so, how do I go about structuring all this?
>>
>>164904690
I wish I had the guts to do that. Or even just try to get a job in the games industry. I just can't get over the fact that there's no rational reason for me to try to break into an industry that is objectively worse in every measurable way. Less benefits, worse pay, zero job security, and worse hours than what I already do.
>>
File: 1458359818282.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458359818282.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>working on game
>suddenly power goes out
>>
>>164904690
You seem to know what you're talking about. I know there's a LOT I don't know about programming, but I'm dedicated to it and I care a lot about constantly keeping up the pace of my learning and pushing myself forward. Do you think it'd be more beneficial to release something, or to continue to get more programming experience through engine devving? I've been full-time for about 2.5 Years doing software engineering for various startups, and 1 Year as a full-stack web developer; my goal is to eventually gain enough experience to take on more technical, architectural lead roles. Something that makes going into work feel fun, something tough.

Right now I'm leaning toward switching to an engine like GM2 and doing my best to release something polished by the end of the year, but if that would be meaningless when the goal is to advance in the industry then pls let me know now lol
>>
>>164905104
Thanks for reminding me to back up my game.
>>
>>164905104
Never happens to me
Laptop dev here
>>
>>164899795
>2pretentious4me
Im saying, that site has a nice layout and color scheme and the line numbers are also nice

Are you mad about something?
>>
>>164905229
Not that guy, but are you in university or maybe freshly out?
I'm graduating in May and have had a few internships working as a web dev and it fucking blows. For every single internship I've had it's essentially been cleaning up other people's shit when bugs come in.
Also webdev just blows, it's no fun. I love dealing with lower level languages. I want something tough too. Something where efficiency matters. I think embedded systems might be more my speed, if only there were an actual market for that in my area...
>>
>>164905104
>3rd world problems
>>
File: savepoint.webm (392KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
savepoint.webm
392KB, 800x440px
Here's a daring question:

What if you could only switch equipment at check/save points?

Before you go meh: I'm probably planning to include only a couple of armor sets (e.g. leather, chain, plate, cloth), however each of them has an impact on the playstyle (plate armour offers protection, however it is too heavy to make far jumps or climb in, chain offers more protection against blades than leather but it's making a lot of noise to move around in it, making sneaking harder, cloth makes you nimble but e.g. fire attacks absolutely wreck you etc etc).
By making the equipment screen only available at save points I want to force the player to think ahead, think about things he saw in the area, maybe retry certain areas with a different loadout to reach different places, or sneak by certain enemies.

What do you think?
>>
>>164900079
The exe and the data folder inside a parent folder, and zip the parent folder
>>
>>164905075
It's a rough place that's not for everyone, that's for damn sure. You're absolutely right about it being a shit-industry for pay and benefits in nearly all companies -- the tradeoff is you get to do the thing you love with people who also love to do the thing you love.

If that's not a huge motivator for you and you've got real technical or artistic skill, and you're not working contract, then I'd argue to stay the hell out and keep it as a hobby or something you do on the side.

Although some places might have better hours than what you've got right now, depending. Some companies actively encourage folks to bail out if they need to decompress -- but those are the studios typically set up by said golden parachute devs haha.

>>164905229
Results speak louder than portfolio pieces -- unless you've got a really really good portfolio piece. If you're churning out Narbacular Drops and nobody knows, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not shouting that from the rooftops in your portfolio.

You might be surprised how high you might be able to get with your experience though. A lot of companies hiring 'lead engineers' are really just hiring people who're competent enough that they can produce results -- even if that means dipping in to the asset store etc.

Lots of studios are still picking up assets like nGUI for their projects - the more you can mod code like that and make things do what they need, the more hireable you'll be for a lot of the smaller studios.

The best way to advance in the industry is to be attached to projects that sell really well, make a lot of good friends, and deliver solid and consistent results. And be lucky.

Also >>164905473 avoid internships like the plague if you've got real skill. Instead, try to do contract work.

>>164905563
Hm, yeah, that's sensible. That's what I'll do then.
>>
>>164905493
Oh yeah it's pretty much supposed to be a free roaming dungeon crawler á la King's Field/Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>164905473
No, I've been graduated for about 3 years now and had some pretty good jobs where I've had a lot of responsibility. My current job is definitely a step down though. Webdev definitely sucks, but at least when I was doing webdev it was more than just html/javascript since I had to write the backends too.
>>
>>164905493
I guess it'd be a question of how sparely placed the checkpoints are, Junge.
Not sure how I'd like that myself. If you pick up a new piece of armor from a chest, is it suddenly only accessible from a checkpoint?
>>
>>164905493
Could be gud. It's like choosing your equipment before a mission in Hitman.
>>
>>164900438
>Unity also has the new collab feature
/agdg/ collab when?

Seriously though that would be so dope for getting help/pair programming/debugging
>>
>>164904970
>I want to be able to store the current states of the devices as well as edge-triggered latches during the frames the buttons are either pressed or released. It'd also be pertinent to have timers for how long something has been held, etc.
If you do this for every single input, that will add up to a lot of wasted effort. Do it as needed, i.e. at the abstract level.

You shouldn't be thinking even of having the abstract input correspond to a specific button/axis/whatever and be stateful and generate all edge events. The abstract input should specifically be either a state or an event. An abstract event can be bound directly to a concrete event, but an abstract state needs to be bound to two events (typically press/release of the same button). Though you can also have abstract events based on axis thresholds, abstract axes that take two buttons (e.g. being able to bind left thumbstick X and A+D to the same abstract input), etc.

>This could potentially be as simple as a struct of vectors which gets cleared and new events pushed onto it every frame, yes?
Sure. Most inputs are going to come from events in practice. That's pretty standard. There's very few platform APIs I've seen that force you to poll the state of input (XInput being the major outlier, but SDL handles that). I suppose you could have both event-based devices and stateful devices exposed for translation to abstract input but I haven't thought of how that would work.
>>
>>164905756
>/agdg/ collab when?
When it's not bound to fail within minutes. So never.
>>
>>164905756
max 5 users, so we cant go hog wild with it. also there is a 25 gb limit on their free cloud storage, and no clear way to use your own. so its a trap to buy storage from them
>>
>>164900931
lel, rekt

>>164901207
>gay little photoshop collage
wait what? post it.
Having progress ignored sucks, even someone calling your work shit in a /v/-style way is at least an acknowledgement that an attempt was made
>>
Alright boys

today's a sunday so im taking a break
tell me what you think:
https://u.nya.is/ikbuuc.mp4
>>
>>164905493
Generally speaking in games you use a save point before you get a chance to scope out what's ahead of you. If you're hand designing levels you can probably build around this though: Here's the introduction, now save and get your gear, now here's the challenge+twist

Then the possible failure mode: what keeps a player from playing as far as they can through a level, then backtracking back to the save point to get a loadout? That's tedious because they have to redo areas, and they've trivialized the puzzle. I'm reminded of some of the older pokemon games that gave you free infinite healing if you were willing to hike back to town and how unfun that made things.
>>
>>164903048
What? no, senpai
demo day is about proffering an executable, its practical production/release experience
>>
>>164905493
Don't be so hardline about it. Just impose a carry limit and have infinite global storage at checkpoints.
>>
>>164901315
that's an excellent mechanic with a fitting aesthetic. need some gameplay suggestions? how bout some eyes can only be swapped a certain number of times? some eyes can only be swapped from a certain direction? maybe some eyes can reflect the goo around corners? some eyes could be moving along a path and the player would need to time his goo launch. maybe some eyes need to be goo'ed in a certain order?
>>
>>164905619
>Results speak louder than portfolio pieces

And by this I also mean to say I'm more liable to hire on 'the guy who made the combat and dialog portions of The Banner Saga' than I am to hire 'dude who has a neat concept game on his portfolio'.
>>
File: input.png (5KB, 418x238px) Image search: [Google]
input.png
5KB, 418x238px
>>164905818
Hmm... what is an "abstract input" to you then? Maybe I'm misunderstanding that point.
I guess I'm getting tripped up on how to represent any type of input from any of the modes as a single type of input (like in the shitty paint attached), and still have it carry a meaning of what it is and where it came from...
>>
>>164906425
>>164905619
Alright, fuck it then. First priority: Release something.
>>
>>164906602
Through failure, it's likely you'll find success. Just don't expect that success to be guaranteed or soon.
>>
File: portal (no, not that one).png (899KB, 965x517px) Image search: [Google]
portal (no, not that one).png
899KB, 965x517px
Progress, and a first demo on my portal system (this is more of a tech demo, the asset is good for pretty much anything portal-related)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K_Lcf9g_C4
https://phygon.itch.io/vr-portal-demo
>>
>>164906602
>First priority: Release something.
It really is. I released two shit mobile games, and people take me way more seriously than somebody who's been working on some complex thing forever and hasn't released squat.

Hell, Tommy Refenes has been working on his own engine for about five years now, and Edmund's release Binding of Isaac, Fingered, BoI: Rebirth, BoI: Afterbirth and BoI: Afterbirth+.

Don't get caught up in technology trickery unless it has an application.
>>
File: 2017-01-08-0254-02.webm (472KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-08-0254-02.webm
472KB, 1280x720px
Aside from my character walking backwards I'm making progress
>>
>>164906783
How long until C&D?
>>
File: PortalLogo.png (9KB, 415x262px) Image search: [Google]
PortalLogo.png
9KB, 415x262px
>>164906934
never, probably
probably gonna change the colors before release of the demo on steam, though
>>
Unreal has absolutely no good books

Does Unity?
>>
>>164907048
Books seem like a waste of money for something that changes so dramatically so often. It's like trying to write a Prima strategy guide for an MMO.
>>
>>164906523
>Hmm... what is an "abstract input" to you then? Maybe I'm misunderstanding that point.
An abstract input is something like "jump". It's an event. It might be bound to the concrete event of the spacebar being pressed. It might also be generated by the right trigger of the gamepad crossing a threshold of 80%. It might even be bound to the left mouse button being released but only if Alt is held down.

The player's avatar doesn't care about any of the details, it just wants to know when to jump.

>I guess I'm getting tripped up on how to represent any type of input from any of the modes as a single type of input (like in the shitty paint attached), and still have it carry a meaning of what it is and where it came from...
As long as you can assign a GUID to it it doesn't matter. For instance, you could use an unsigned integer where 0 is the keyboard, 1 is the mouse, and for (i >= 2) it's the (i-1)th gamepad to represent the device. Then for keyboards you denote keys by scancodes, etc.
>>
File: only justnow-working.png (727KB, 978x553px) Image search: [Google]
only justnow-working.png
727KB, 978x553px
Well, I've figured out how to reskin the UI for this thing. Let's see if I can't make it look like the concept art I made for the system.

>>164907048
None that I'm aware of.

>>164906816
Yep, this. Also forgot to say >>164906602: good luck, release to public beta early [unless your game is a very linear/plot-heavy game], and don't obsess over success unless you have no other choice.
>>
>>164907025
>Literally copied game almost exactly
>"N-never going to get a C&D!!!"
>>
>>164907173

>money
>>
>>164907203
Thanks.
Don't care about success as much as personal growth, which comes from failures and successes, so there's no way I can lose.
ur the best aggydaggy
>>
>>164907025
Thats a cool idea with the logo but it doesn't flow
>>
>>164906783
>light doesn't travel through portals
2/10, see me after class.
>>
>>164907253
I haven't copied anything that they copyrighted.
Besides, that's just a demo that I spent maybe 10 hours on. If they C&D it, I'll just take the core tech and drop it into another demo (of which I already have several)

>>164907440
Any suggestions? It's mostly a placeholder now so that I could slap somethin on the demo that didn't look like total crap

>>164907481
Light actually does travel through portals (dynamic ones, at least), but when playtesting it to some friends they complained about how the light around the portals was "confusing", since both portals had a purplish glow around them.
Here's an older demo showing light shine through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2zRSEmY3xA
>>
>>164906523
>>164907178
In general, you want a tagged union to represent input GUIDs.

Though gamepads can trip this up when it comes to saving and loading because the order could change in between (unless you only want to support XInput or something quite standardized). The gamepad API should give you a fairly unique name for the gamepad that will somehow have to factor into the GUID, but by wary about doing a lot of string comparisons.
>>
you guys dont mind a 921 mb download right?
>>
>>164907425
That is one positive ass attitude senpai. Good luck anon. I hope you can achieve what you goals.
>>
>>164908615
>921 mb
You can fuck right off
>>
>>164908615
There's not a single AGDG game that could possibly justify that.
>>
should i submit a demo to demo day if it's been posted in a demo day already
>>
>>164908615
i don't care about the size as long as your screenshots look interesting enough for me to want to download your demo
>>
>>164908840
Did you make decent progress?
>>
>>164908894
yeah but the last demo day i participated in was so long ago i cant remember what changed
>>
>>164906395
Glad you liked it! Thanks for the feedback.

The idea behind the puzzles is that everything is reversable. I hate puzzles where you make a mistake and can't backtrack, or have to start from the very beginning. A couple of your suggestions I've considered, but found that they make things too difficult to explain to the player. I do, however, really like the swapping from a certain direction idea. I'll see if I can find a way to implement that elegantly, if that works out that'd be a great addition. Thanks for the feedback!
>>
File: 2017-01-07_18-17-08.png (759KB, 1282x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-07_18-17-08.png
759KB, 1282x720px
hey, what do you think of this mspaint style? would it turn you off from the rest of the game?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12056681

>>164908615
not gonna download it, personally. I'll definitely download 100-200mb, but any more than that and I'll have to really want to play.

>>164908840
that's the whole point
>>
>>164908979
Post it then, of you give me a name I'll make sure to play it
>>
>>164908982
i like the style but it needs some refining
maybe some more gradients
the gun looks sloppy as fuck tho i hope you mean to fix that
>>
>>164909097
https://scalemail.itch.io/walkerman-prologue

i cant remember if the tutorial and faux-counter was in there last time
>>
>>164908982
Gun's a big turn off.
>>
So, I need to be able to load character sprites dynamically. In Python, I crawled a directory of sprites and sliced them at a set width, then swapped out the frame of animation every time the fighter updates.

I've gotten something similar running in Unity, but it's completely ignoring the powerful animation and state system in Unity. Is there a way to dynamically load a sprite sheet for an animation in Unity?
>>
>>164909230
the gun is the specific thing i was asking about. the rest is good if bland
>>
File: boating_school.jpg (26KB, 476x349px) Image search: [Google]
boating_school.jpg
26KB, 476x349px
>The things I changed since last demo are
>>
File: omg123.gif (4MB, 390x210px) Image search: [Google]
omg123.gif
4MB, 390x210px
progress
>>
>>164909525
REEEEEE WHODEVS OUT
>>
>>164909262
I guess I'll give my thoughts on demo day, looks pretty cool though
>>
>>164909525

Too busy
>>
>>164909525
Nice job stealing dooms handgun
>>
>>164909525
How did you go about animating the sword slashes? It looks really good.
>>
File: NNNOOOOOOO.png (11KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
NNNOOOOOOO.png
11KB, 512x512px
>>164908982
maybe if the lines were cleaner? maybe if the environment was in line with the aesthetic of the gun? as is, not a fan.
>>
>>164908982
The gun doesn't fit at all.
>>
File: il_570xN.866118600_4ez8.jpg (125KB, 570x814px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.866118600_4ez8.jpg
125KB, 570x814px
>>164906816
>>164906602
>>164906425
>>164906216

It really is. Any monkey can slap away all day but only a good monkey knows when to finish.

But really though, releasing a product shows proper planning and the ability to meet set goals with a deadline in mind.

So releasing a demo shows you know how to wrap up your product and release it as far as releasing a demo would be.

It's what separates a program man from a keyboard monkey, who will never release.
>>
File: the pain.gif (459KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
the pain.gif
459KB, 384x288px
>>164905104
>update os
>freezes halfway through
>>
>>164907650
Oh, I see it now. I guess the bigger problem is that the light is being emanated from the entire area of the portal, and only in one direction, even though there's nothing there. If the lighting only came from the edges it would be fine. As it is it just looks wrong.
>>
File: 1467193538687.gif (2MB, 297x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467193538687.gif
2MB, 297x360px
I don't have any sound or music, would it be ok to use stolen video game sounds and music for demoday 12?
>>
>>164910072
Of course, you can do whatever you want if there's no income resulting from it
>>
>>164910072
thats a long cat

just put down $10 on sounds, it makes a big difference
>>
>>164909525

guaranteed replies because it looks pretty
>>
>>164910072
SoundBible.com
>>
>>164910408
Wow anon you're so redpilled.
>>
>>164909347
this sounds to me like you might not be using the animator correctly. can you give an example of when you'd need to load an animation that couldn't just be a state in the animator?
>>
>>164910503
dont get butthurt, im just stating facts
>>
>>164910025
Unfortunately, Unity doesn't have support for anything other than point, spot, and environments as far as dynamic stuff goes
thanks for the input, though! I definitely wish that they had more flexible lighting options.
>>
>>164910072
>He asks, five hours until the deadline.
>When he'll have 48 more hours.

Sure?
>>
Question for Godot devs out there. Is it better to have a bunch of spells be the child in a node in a separate scene, or have the spells be in individual scenes?
>>
>>164910576
Facts that literally every single person on the planet is already aware of
>>
File: fucks given.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
fucks given.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>164910785

then why are you so mad?
>>
>>164910868
Where's the anger?
>>
>ill make a random gen map like ftl it'll be easy
>5 HOURS LATER
>>
>>164910542
The game is meant to be fully customizable, so I'd need to be able to load a directory at runtime of images that have never even been seen by the Unity editor before. I can have information on the sheet layout, like the size and position of each individual frame, but I'd need to be able to build an animation at runtime with assets that are completely unrelated to the compiled project.
>>
>>164911216
Random map gen is easy, playable random map gen is hard
>>
>>164910706
I have each spell as a separate scene by itself, inheriting its script from a common spell.gd in the 'spells' directory. Each spell also has its own folder in that directory for unique assets, while common assets are shared in a separate folder.

It all comes down to how you feel more comfortable coding it though.
>>
>>164909880
>>164909841
>>164909291
>>164909230
thanks, the game is now a gun-free zone
>>
>>164911216

if you're wondering you need to make a graph

... and that's about all I know on the matter
>>
>>164910868
I'm not mad
I'm not even the other guy
>>
>>164910072
how do you save .gif videos?
>>
>have basic game overview idea done
>can't congeal any thoughts about the actual combat mechanics
why is thinking so hard?
>>
>>164911471
just completely remove the hudgun and pretend you're pandering to the hardcore fps crowd
>>
>>164910692
To be fair, if you don't upload your demo in the first 12 hours you'll lose out on a ton of views/downloads.
>>
>>164911572
Don't worry
Some anon last thread said that ideas don't matter anyway
Just program anything in
>>
>>164911332
Bigtime thanks
>>
>>164911572
1. copy combat mechanics you like
2. add gimmick
3. #2 is optional

wew that was hard
>>
File: My Game.png (1MB, 1906x960px) Image search: [Google]
My Game.png
1MB, 1906x960px
How do you guys like this graphics style? Everything is made of millions of voxels and is completely volumetric.
>>
>>164912110
>>164912323
RoR clone with the gimmick of good multiplayer coming right up.
>>
>>164912438
Turn up the resolution. I can't see shit.
>>
>>164912438
would've been a nice ace of spades map
>>
>>164911479

I know I need to use a graph and thats about it.

No matter what I always feel like I should model it like a linked list You create a starting Node, and that node has up/down/left/right variables containing another node, etc..
>>
File: 1455443817572.jpg (102KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1455443817572.jpg
102KB, 467x700px
>>164912438
>>
>>164905493
> plate armour offers protection however it is too heavy to make far jumps or climb in

unless you're planning to have every single jump have some other way around I don't recommend it

punishing players for wearing the armour they like is not a good idea
>>
File: Janky ass matrix.png (263KB, 505x637px) Image search: [Google]
Janky ass matrix.png
263KB, 505x637px
I never want to touch another projection matrix in my entire life

>>164912438
I really like it, but it should be higher resolution if possible.
>>
>>164902129
Keep the game in the original style you intended it to be. Looks WAAAAY better without shading.
>>164902582
Fuck
>>
>>164912553
>>164912849
This is about it unless you want performance problems. I can add anti aliasing however, which should give a similar effect
>>
>>164913084
Is there any particular reason why sampling 2x that would give you performance issues? How are you rendering the pixels, and what's your bottleneck?
>>
File: oc.jpg (220KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
oc.jpg
220KB, 1280x768px
>>164912438
Is this a new Outcast?
>>
>>164912438
gavan, go back to your office job you fucking enginedev.

YOU PROMISED US AI
>>
>>164912438
Voxel tech is insane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJ0p3b35H4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLCmQNKmzlw
>>
Is it a good idea to just take preexisting rigs and model over them?
>>
>>164911258
dunno m8, maybe someone on the official forums can help you
>>
>>164912438
really like it, looks like 3d pixel art. looks like a ton of work.
>>
>>164912438
No reason you can't use both. Polygons for close detail so you can use textures, tessellation, etc., voxels for further levels of detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkSS_veoSg0
>>
>>164910303
Where did you get the sound bank from?
>>
>>164913567
If you want to use existing animations, sure.
>>
>>164913173
It's tough on the computer
>>164914021
Not a fan of that style
>>
>>164914496
Artistically it's pretty boring but the technique would apply just as well to colourful, high contrast visuals like >>164912438.
>>
>>164914496
>Is there any particular reason why sampling 2x that would give you performance issues?
>How are you rendering the pixels
>What is your bottleneck?
I am attempting to help you here my man. I just spent the last 3 months working on custom rendering engines, there's a very good chance that I can help you with your poor performance if you give me that info + tell me what you're using to render it.
>>
>>164912438
Looks cool, must be a bitch to render
>>
>>164908615
optimize this shit
>>
>>164911216
>Pick a cellular automata algorithm
>Choose a bunch of random values for determining tiles and weighted percentages
>???
>Done in 30 mins
>>
>>164908615
The fuck dude, I'm submitting a VR game with fuckheug materials and mine is only 200mb
>>
>>164914826
>it just looks like yet another cellular automata cave system
>>
>>164908615
Surely you mean 92.1mb right?
No one wants to download your 1GB ue4 game.
>>
>>164914907
Don't matter none
Don't try to be unique and original, just try to be not shit
>>
>that dedicated fan that clicks like on anything you post within 5 minutes
>>
>>164915094
He also said "like FTL" so even then your suggestion is completely useless.
>>
>>164915117
>tfw it's a bot and you have no fans
>>
>>164915271
>tfw snapchat bot follows you
>>
>>164915271
robots are people too
>>
>>164915117
>that "fan" that thinks they know more than you do and offers "suggestions"
>>
>>164915573
/agdg/ is full of experts
>>
>>164915037
there is no need to be jealous of my bells and whistles, you too can join the ue4 masterrace
>>164824473
>>
>>164915478
don't start that shit
>>
>>164915910
>jealous of bloat
I'll stick with my 1mb game thanks.
>>
Quick where can I find Chinese girls voice attack sounds?
>>
File: 1477157831589.jpg (266KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477157831589.jpg
266KB, 1200x1200px
>using a linkedlist for everything
>performance drops when theres 3000+ items
>convert it to an array before looping through it
>no more performance issues
>>
Hey, I have a story idea for a game, I think I want it to be an RPG with a team, I hate the indie pixel trend, I love low poly models, so it looks like I might want to do a 3D game.
Should I just find a game I like and adapt from there?
>>
>>164916357
time to get in on the low poly meme before it becomes uncool
>>
>>164916317
>calling 3000+ item objects
when would you ever have to do that
>>
>>164908982
Would look very good if everything was ms paint, it would sure be something different that people take notice off.
>>
>>164916317
You should always prefer array lists to linked lists, and of course normal arrays if the size doesn't need to change. Linked lists are optimized for the case where you're doing many more insertions or removals in the middle of the list (not at either end) than anything else.

If you need a list, an array list should be the default choice. Only consider switching to a linked list if you profile and find that there's a performance issue related to insertions and removals. Array based queues and deques are also very efficient.

Linked lists are also potentially useful in lock free scenarios but that's another tale for another time.
>>
>>164916317
>>164916638
Though I have a feeling you could have been looping through the list in a very suboptimal way if you're still maintaining a linked list and converting it every time you want to iterate and the performance is good enough.
>>
>>164916419
what will be after low poly?
>>
>>164905104
Been there
>Huge thunderstom today
>Don't dev out of fear of power outs
>>
>>164916419
you're 2 years late.
that dragon cancer, orwell, bound on ps4. it's mainstream now.
>>
>>164916917
Why don't you people have battery backups?
Protects against power surge, too
>>
File: My Game 2.png (1MB, 1901x957px) Image search: [Google]
My Game 2.png
1MB, 1901x957px
>>164914628
I am about sorry, the voxels are being generated on the fly as a result of high level algorithms and being discarded after getting rendered every frame. It's costly
>>
>>164916846
late 90's dues ex and arx fatalis style
>>
>>164917158
Woah woah wait, what? Why are you regenerating the voxels every single frame? You should be regenerating the pixels every single frame but the voxels should be static or at least come with a predefined map location. Is there a reason that you have to regenerate the map every single frame?
>>
File: 1478310305465.jpg (79KB, 436x535px) Image search: [Google]
1478310305465.jpg
79KB, 436x535px
>>164916423
I just wanted to see if I could improve my game's performance. Didn't realise linkedlists were that bad.

>>164916638
Never heard of array lists before. Do they just work like a normal array but with dynamic length?

>>164916829
Just going through the list was causing issues

>>164917116
I don't even have a power point in my room desu
>>
File: 1445892362463.jpg (78KB, 300x328px) Image search: [Google]
1445892362463.jpg
78KB, 300x328px
What happened to Gamemaker Professional in my Steam library?
>>
>>164917270
I am sorry i am not emphazing right, there are literally billions of voxels in any of these screenshots. To save a full map of voxels would take more memory than i can imagine
>>
>>164917417
dont you mean... MY steam library?
>>
>>164917417
>>164917510
Nevermind I found it. Fucking steam.

I'll get back to working on my game now.
>>
File: 1459092914792.jpg (73KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459092914792.jpg
73KB, 640x512px
How has the GM2 beta been treating previous users of GM? I haven't been able to touch my project for months due to work, but I'm curious if the workflow is better.
>>
>>164917061
Its not too late until network television has ads with the artstyle, and they're still using ukelele music
>>
>>164917362
>Never heard of array lists before. Do they just work like a normal array but with dynamic length?
Yes. The typical way you interface with them is by adding or removing from one end (like a stack) and iterating, but you can also add or remove items from the front or middle.

Array queues and deques make it fast to add and remove at the front as well for almost negligably slower iteration.

>Just going through the list was causing issues
Were you using a for loop from 0 to the length of the list - 1 and then indexing the list at each index? That is a huge waste. Probably your language/list has a for each loop that will be much faster.
>>
>>164916098
>no reply
Of fucking course.
Nvm didn't want to but I'll just use Chun-li's.
>>
>>164917158
The underwater rocks look nice
but the rest I can't tell wtf Im looking at
but clearly you've accomplished... something
>>
>>164917735
chun was going to be my only suggestion, so I didn't bother posting
>>
>>164917735
Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken is a chinese girl too.
>>
>>164917481
Ah, I get it. So effectively, you have billions of voxels that are being generated from some vector map or whatnot, that you are then rendering using some method (?) into a frame. Here's a couple points that you might want to think on for performance boosts:
Is there a particular reason that you have to generate far more voxels than your eye could ever see, given the low resolution? Surely, you could get away with generating a dynamic number of voxels at once- Wouldn't the max resolution, even if not dynamic from distance, only need to be (Far clip plane size / voxel width at max distance)?

Are you occlusion culling?

Is it possible for you to store light information for a particular voxel after you render it once, preventing the need to continually rerender light and shadow?
>>
>>164917158
>>164912438

I Think it looks extremely sexy. Not sure how it would look in motion though. Post webm.
>>
File: x354-q80.jpg (7KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
x354-q80.jpg
7KB, 354x354px
>>164917632
pic related was sold at TARGET last year.

this article was printed in 2015:
https://www.sessions.edu/notes-on-design/whats-the-deal-with-low-poly-art/

i'm sorry my friend, this trend is dead af
>>
>>164917236
Nah, those games are pretty ugly and just the best attempt at realism that hardware could manage. Low poly is at least charming, like pixel art.

>>164917481
Realize that most of the space is empty or massive chunks of the same thing and use a sparse representation.
>>
>>164916098
for taking damage sounds, just record yourself masturbating
>>
File: Doggo_HeadClamp.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Doggo_HeadClamp.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Got the doggy's head tracking clamped properly now, so no more exorcist doggo

Also got some ambient music put together
https://clyp.it/yhz4n0c1
>>
>>164917481
>>164917919
Also I don't understand how you can fit the map in memory for the rendering but not retain it between frames.
>>
>>164917910
That's probably not even the style he means. That's reimagined faux low poly; low poly is N64, PSX, Quake, etc.
>>
>>164918063
Only the. Voxels on the screen.
>>
>>164918052
was he spinning his head the whole way round before
i would like to see that

also what is the game
>>
>>164918361
Well the entire map doesn't need to be in memory anyways, you can save and load from the disk as needed. You should still use a sparse representation, though, that way you can keep more in memory and not have to worry about the speed of I/O as much.
>>
File: 1310181418001.jpg (27KB, 422x347px) Image search: [Google]
1310181418001.jpg
27KB, 422x347px
What /agdg/ games you look forward to play on demo day?
>>
>>164918509
yours!
>>
>>164918509
anything that'll run on my machine
don't forget your linux builds kiddos !!
>>
File: mike.jpg (8KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
8KB, 254x199px
>>164918626
>catering to 2.5% market share
I'll pay extra attention to this.
>>
>>164918430
I didn't grab any screenies of it happening, but yeah his head would just track you in any which direction

No real direction on the project yet - It started as an experiment to mess around with night/day cycles, turning into a survival island kinda thing now, I guess
>>
>>164918749
unity does linux builds kiddoe
>>
>>164918587
my game will be shit.
>>
>>164918052
really good doggo
>>
>>164918749
Not to mention that if you want to support anything other than a single mainstream distro you've now got a support nightmare on your hands.

I've given up on explicit Linux support. D3D11 is way better than OpenGL so it's worth it.
>>
>>164917730
It has a foreach loop but the problem is you can't remove something from the list while in a foreach loop. I guess I could make a list of things to remove then remove them all after but iterating through didn't cause any problems so I didn't worry about it
>>
>>164918749
>actually thinking that 97.5% of the market share gives a shit about your game
u wot
>>
>>164918917
yeah it's that much more likely that linuxfags will
>>
File: Girls[1].png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls[1].png
490KB, 449x401px
>>164918626
>don't forget your linux builds
>>
>>164918898
>but iterating through didn't cause any problems so I didn't worry about it
Well clearly it did cause problems, just performance related rather than correctness related.

In any case, you should just use an array list the entire time instead of using a linked list and converting it whenever you want to iterate.
>>
>>164918898
foreach (var item in allItems.ToList())

iterate through a copy of the real list you want to modify
>>
>>164918626
>releasing for non-free operating systems
reported
>>
>>164918509
world of horror
>>
>>164918898
>>164919189
You could also filter the list, which is like a for each but you use a lambda as the body of the loop. You return true when you want to keep the value and false if you want it to be removed.
>>
>>164916846
ps2 graphics?
Maybe we'll all jump over to making games with AAA graphics
>>
>>164918626
If you got Python installed, TUSSLE actually runs better on Linux than windows!
>>
>>164918626
I tried to once, but in order to install the dependencies to run it I had to apt-get some game libraries, and it started installing security certificates for chinese telecoms

noped the fuck out and never looked back.
>>
>>164916098
>>164917735
go on omegle or some other webchat
>>
Question before I do anything stupid.
Would anybody know if I pirated a Unity coding asset from the asset store?
Yeah, it sounds like a really douchebag thing to do, but when you're a poor as fuck student.... ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
>>
File: backfire.webm (506KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
backfire.webm
506KB, 1280x720px
Currently bodging some AI together for DD. Encountered Michael Jackson's spirit.
>>
>>164919707
Learn to program yourself instead of being dumb and stealing?
>>
>>164919549
lol what was it

>>164919707
if they look at your code probably

>>164919770
looks neat, what is it
also nice pikachu flags
>>
>>164919707
Of course they will
Will they actually challenge you on it? Probably not
>>
>>164905104
>he doesn't dev on an old thinkpad t420 docked and hooked up to 3 monitors specifically because its battery acts as a built in UPS
lad...
>>
>>164919932
don't even joke about that
my friend has a x230t and it looks like a fucking generator
>nearly 32 hours of battery time
literally insane
>>
>>164919907
>looks neat, what is it
>also nice pikachu flags
It's a wizard's duel. And how hard did you fuck up your pikachu to make it look like that?
>>
>>164919707
steal it and rewrite it using different variable names, different orders in which functions are defined, alternative algorithms etc, they won't be able to tell
when they argue that you stole their code you say that it was certainly an inspiration but you came up with all of it yourself
>>
>>164917598
For everything they fixed they fucked up 2 things that were perfectly fine.
Also the trial version only allows you to have 15 objects and like 20 sprites.
>>
Am I memeing myself if I only use 16 colors in my game?
>>
>>164920507
how many more do you need
>>
>>164920569
It's kinda difficult to represent details. My character sprites all have bright orange skin.
>>
>>164920670
make some brown racist
>>
>>164920670
make one of your colours a skin tone then
>>
>>164920731
Can't, there's no brown in my palette.

>>164920760
No room.
>>
With Unity, does everything under your Assets folder get packed into the build, or just the Resources folders?
>>
>>164920797
what 16 colours are you using that none of them work for people
>>
Is it considered a dick move to link my DD12 game's itch.io page early and ask if anyone finds any glaringly huge bugs I might have missed so I can fix them before submission?
>>
>>164920890
Black, dark gray, mid gray, light gray
White, dark blue, mid blue, light blue,
Dark green, mid green, light green, turquoise,
Purple, red, orange, yellow.
>>
>>164920898
why would it be
you should be playtesting anyway
>>
>>164921023
remove the "mid" colors and make more skin tones
>>
>>164920898
nah
>>
>>164921036
It's running fine on my system, but I've got all the Python libraries and everything installed. I've run into bugs where something doesn't link right and it dies if someone doesn't have a Python runtime environment installed.

If someone wants to just download the game real quick and see if it boots up, that'd be great.
https://digiholic.itch.io/project-tussle
>>
>>164921069
I need them for shading on my tiles.
>>
>>164921180
Clearly rocks are more important than your main character. Pick if you want detailed tiles or detailed humans.

Or just make the character an alien or something and use green.
>>
>>164921023
yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, yellow, black, black, yellow,
>>
>>164921023
>>164921069
>>164921180
if a gameboy can get away with four shades of grey so can you

i am pretty sure the gameboy only does four shades of grey
nobody look it up and prove me wrong
>>
>>164921391
Maybe I should give them all blue skin so nobody can call me racist.
>>
>>164921180
Fake a mid color by mixing the light and dark pixels
>>
>3 hours to demo day
Is your game ready agdg?
>>
i want to be friends with a jew. jews are hilarious. where can i go to become friends with a jew? any jews here? is there a tinder but for finding jewish friends?
>>
>>164921298
There's more rocks than people in the game so they are more important.
>>
>>164921642
Illegally immigrate to america they love that
>>
>>164921516
>blue skin
damnit moot

Its a partially transparent png, so when its thumbnail got made it collapsed down to jpg and lost transparency, I guess its just assumed we're all on the Yotsuba blue theme. But it would probably be too much of a burden to create thumbnails that filled in "proper" background colors for each theme.
>>
File: nervous laughter.jpg (25KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
nervous laughter.jpg
25KB, 600x777px
>>164921629
Well yes of course. Just putting on the final touches. I have gravely misunderstood the inner workings of collisiondetection in my engine.I feel like I'm back in school again, using every available minute to chuck in as much knowledge as I can into my head.
>>
>>164921572
Not a bad idea, and I guess my sprites are big enough (48x48) for it to work. Thanks!
>>
>>164921180
You can probably use the same colour for light grey/blue and dark grey/blue. Something in between.
>>
>>164922059
>16 colours
>48x48 tiles
This is some extreme dissonance.
>>
File: may happy.png (63KB, 353x481px) Image search: [Google]
may happy.png
63KB, 353x481px
>>164918509
>>
File: Kosmonaut_FD_x2.gif (2MB, 568x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kosmonaut_FD_x2.gif
2MB, 568x480px
You are kosmonaut, Hery Potter

cyka blyat

Really happy with how this face texture turned out
>>
>>164921161
I couldn't test it natively cause I have no idea which .py to execute but WINE had no trouble running it and that's about as stable as it gets

lotta slowdown, but this isn't a heavy computer and who knows what WINE was doing with it

nice music too
>>
>>164922191
The next step up that fits neatly into byte boundaries is 256 colors, which feels like overkill.
>>
>>164922526
Don't use all of them, then? 48x48 doesn't "fit neatly" either; 48 isn't even a power of two.
>>
>164921642
>tfw you remember demodays always leads to insane shitposting
It's like the shitposter(s) gets as anxious as the dev
>>
What's the next Jam idea going to be? New year, want to really get back into dev.
>>
Fucking hell, we were having a good day until now.
>>
File: mechaprogress_laser.webm (2MB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
mechaprogress_laser.webm
2MB, 768x720px
Sadly won't make it to demo day this time, but here's laser.
>>
>>164922783
Had hoped they'd not wreck up the thread out of respect for demoday, things were going well
>>
>>164922741
next jam is comfy jam according to that one guy who keeps asking for ideas

starts in feb last i heard

>>164922848
you can't just post what you have?
>>
>>164922783
>wah my boogeyman is here time for another tantrum
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>164922526
be like japan
use as many of the 256 colours as you need and fill up the rest with emojis
>>
File: nope.jpg (122KB, 789x445px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
122KB, 789x445px
>>164921629
Not even close. I still have to:

Put in music/sound effects
Place a bunch of doodads
create a few doodads (tree stumps, rocks, etc.)
Put in text bubbles
optimize a bit

Need to get all of that done within the next 7 hours before I finally sleep for work tomorrow.
>>
>>164922891
The game is literally unplayable with keyboard at this state, so that might be bit of problem. Also not worth making key rebinding now, since I don't know all buttens that needs to be in.

I also haven't come up with name for the game or devname for myself.
>>
>>164923079
>Also not worth making key rebinding now, since I don't know all buttens that needs to be in.
What? How does that affect anything?
>>
>>164923000
mad progress, tripsfriend
>>
>>164923079
>The game is literally unplayable with keyboard at this state
People have submitted demos like that before.
They weren't very good
>>
>>164923115
I mean the menu for that. The thing is implemented, but haven't had time/interest to do one. The reason why it's unplayable with KB is because all buttons (except movement) are binded to space because it's only ASCII code I remember.

I guess I could just bind them to some keys and upload the game.
>>
>>164923359
Why couldn't you do one with what you have and go back and add more inputs later?
>>
>>164922201

Where'd you get the sprite?
>>
>>164917919
it doesn't matter that much if people have nostalgia for it, and people absolutely have nostalgia for the appearance of Deus Ex, Half-Life, and things from that specific era
sort of moderately-low-poly with very low texture detail and minimal animation
>>
>>164922891
>Comfy
Cool. I've been talking with people about joining their projects and remembered how much fun dev can be. Figured I should brush up and the Jams here tend to be fun.
>>
File: enginedevs.png (187KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
enginedevs.png
187KB, 698x400px
>>
>>164923485
>sort of moderately-low-poly
anon you could literally count their polygons
the average memepoly model these days easily has 4x as many tris, its more about how the model reacts to lighting

but I agree, I have a thing for (actual) low poly games, it just feels easier on my brain to keep track of where things are as I move, case in point Ctesiphon
>>
>>164923621
>trying to start shit on this holy day
>>
>>164918626
does webgl work on linux?`

can somebody tell me how webgl will work for DD? does webgl work on itch.io or will i have to link somewhere?
>>
>>164923790
I just thought it was humorous and truthful no need to be sensitive
>>
Reminder that you will only get ~10 downloads
unless you have good art
>>
File: peter molyneux.jpg (74KB, 463x372px) Image search: [Google]
peter molyneux.jpg
74KB, 463x372px
Wizardry clone with anime girl portraits and a hexagonal grid instead of squares
>>
>>164922848
>fading to black while keeping the palette intact
Nice.

As someone who is super picky about retro-styled games, this looks awesome.
>>
>>164923889
Still ~10 downloads more than I would get by not participating.
>>
>>164923889
*if you don't shill

it's really easy to get thousands of plays if you shill your game
>>
>>164922353
Yeah, the slowdown is why I'm switching to Unity. I've hit basically the limits of Python. Still including it in demo day since I've only done like 3 days of Unity work so far.

To run it natively in Linux, run main.py
>>
decided to finally make some visuals for this pit of insanity
>>
>>164923621
Enginedevs only make wheels whereas engine users get stuff done despite the technical inferiority of their wheels?
>>
File: DOHP-Main-Image-Wheel.jpg (32KB, 553x318px) Image search: [Google]
DOHP-Main-Image-Wheel.jpg
32KB, 553x318px
>>
>>164924016
That's not exactly groundbreaking, Pete.
>>
>>164923813
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL
If you mean this, then yes, it runs on linux
it runs anywhere chrome does

I don't know how itch.io handles it though
>>
>>164924181
Name an enginedev in agdg who has made an engine technically superior to the big 3
>>
>>164924016
>Wizardry with anime girl portraits
As if we need more of that shit. Practically all dungeon crawlers look like Senra Kaguma nowadays.

>hexagonal grid instead of squares
This has the potential to be cool, though.
>>
>>164924175
Didn't Whip The Vote already get released?

>>164922627
>shitposter shows up

>>164924175
>googem shows up
>uses shitposter keyword
hmm

sage
>>
Where's all the 'gress?
>>
>>164924314
The time travel game guy. I don't even want to imagine the clusterfuck that would inevitably be if you didn't have control over absolutely everything.
>>
>>164924372
>you're not allowed to mention my shitpost about jews otherwise you're the shitposter
you can stop now
>>
>>164924172
running main.py tells me it couldn't find the pygame module -- which is weird because it's clearly right there in the folder? I guess that's where I'd have to manually install pygame to get it running

but yeah the .exe worked fine so \o/
>>
How to record good webms?
>>
>>164923621
as a more-or-less enginedev, this is real, and it's spectacular
you should try it
>>
>using monogame
>minimizing the window properly pauses the game
>dragging the window stops updates from being called but game time still passes, so it's like you had a massive framerate drop when you stop dragging the window
>can't find any solution it because they're all years ago back in xna which aren't working
HELP
>>
>>164924372
>replies to the same post twice with two different attitudes
Please log off 4chan
>>
File: fwis.jpg (96KB, 1365x310px) Image search: [Google]
fwis.jpg
96KB, 1365x310px
>>164924372
this is a sequel to whip the vote
>>
>>164924465
nvidia shadowplay -> webmforretards
but getting "good" webms is a art, project wingman dev seems to have good settings
>>
>>164921629
Nope. But I'll post it anyway despite the inevitable walking simulator/terrible writing/horrible animu portraits comments that are undoubtedly coming.
>>
>>164924465
OBS if you're not a Nvigger.
>>
>>164924465
OBS -> webmforretards
>>
>>164924518
Working with inferior tools is spectacular?

The joke is that a perfectly good wheel already exists and they are refusing to use it. Like engine devs refusing to use existing engines
>>
>>164924612
What's the gameplay? If its a presidential sim, you could get huge amount of PR by releasing on inauguration day
>>
>>164924653
Oh and edgy/grimdark/cantwakeup memes.
>>
>>164924191
but the wheel is a concept.that picture depicts the concept adapted for various different applications. it doesn't do very well as an analogy to justify enginefags constantly recreating the exact same thing. a better analogy would be a picture of 5 car wheels but each of a different brand.
>>
>>164924462
Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Compiling is a pain.
>>
File: sympathycard.png (224KB, 449x328px) Image search: [Google]
sympathycard.png
224KB, 449x328px
>>164924535
>>using monogame
>>
>>164924518
The joke is the other way around, engine devs are the ones pushing the cart with square wheels
>>
>>164924742
>a perfectly good wheel already exists
There are plenty of reasons to not use an existing engine.
>>
File: texture_1.png (2MB, 2048x4096px) Image search: [Google]
texture_1.png
2MB, 2048x4096px
>>164923478

I support Terrance Chill on Patreon with 20 other goyims. He uploaded the sprites sheets when asked about them. I think sprite sheets are cool.
>>
File: 1431551637947.webm (907KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431551637947.webm
907KB, 480x480px
>>164924860
the alternative is unity for a 2d pixel art platformer
>>
>>164924742
It's not working with inferior tools, that's usually a pain and a mess.
It's about working with simpler tools.
Here, I'll demonstrate:
Who here wants to build a car using factory equipment?
Who here wants to build a car with their own two hands plus some wrenches and shit?
>>
File: Burns_antique_car.jpg (293KB, 1990x1492px) Image search: [Google]
Burns_antique_car.jpg
293KB, 1990x1492px
>>164924758
That picture really doesn't take any sides. It's an objective look at the question "when and how should a utility be reinvented".

Can anyone imagine a better wheel than the tires we use for cars now? Probably not otherwise we'd be using that instead. An engine dev approach is to make a wagon wheel and say the cars already on the road with their tires are too cookie cutter and everyone using them is just not as good a driver as them
>>
>>164924868
I know
it's fun
>>
>>164924752
more accurate to life (than others) presidential sim, lots to do with cronyism
that was the plan more or less but i dont think i can finish it in 12 days at this point, the second event to coincide with is the new season of House of Cards depending on when it releases Feb/March
>>
>>164924535
You can use a fixed timestep or simply clamp the delta time at some maximum.
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2017-01-03_00-10-22.png (640KB, 1290x682px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2017-01-03_00-10-22.png
640KB, 1290x682px
>>164921629
Well it runs at least, but there's not much to do and since I never added stuff actually dying it's not even really a game. It's basically a tech demo of systems I wrote and not much more.
>>
>>164924742
we should be grateful they arent starting by engineering a new computer
>>
>>164898359
(Unity-Users Only)
- DO NOT package the '.pdb' file with your release, it's for debugging and is just pointless bloat for everyone else.
>>
>>164924919
>the only choices are Monogame and Unity
Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
I really need to work on not replying to engine shitposting.
>>
>>164924935
I'll use the factory equipment thanks, seeing as making a vehicle with your own two hands and some wrenches is literally impossible. Again a perfect analogy
>>
File: image[1].jpg (334KB, 768x625px) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
334KB, 768x625px
>>164924919
>an alternative to something that doesn't work
>>
>>164925142
>gamemaker
not using a real language

>godot
meme engine

>ue4
ue4
>>
>>164925228
Nices memes you got there.
>>
>>164925009
Tying it to Trump is still probably better PR than house of cards. I had a half-assed idea to do something like this, call it "first hundred days", and release in real time over those hundred days. Good luck!
>>
>>164908982
It would need retarded internet humor for that to be appealing to me. You can't make a retarded looking art style and apply it to serious subject matter.
>>
>>164898359
>Zip the folder, not the files
This is annoying as fuck, don't do this. Stop being dumb and just unzip files to a unique folder instead of the folder the zip file is in.
>>
>>164925009
>lots to do with cronyism
Keeping different vassals happy was the worst part of Mountain Blade
>>
>>164925228
Stop being a little bitch and use Unity. Anyone who can't make a 2D game in Unity should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
Anyone here have any experience with Construct?

I'm having serious issues exporting my game to Android. The framerate goes completely to shit.
>>
>>164925356
Does it work on linux yet?
>>
>>164925228
not gonna lie i kek'd at ue4
>>
>>164925443
Use Godot
>>
File: trump stump.png (63KB, 880x393px) Image search: [Google]
trump stump.png
63KB, 880x393px
>>164925318
being linked to House of Cards did well for Whip the Vote. it's going to have Trump in it in either case (so did whips)
>>
>>164925443
Unity has had linux builds since late 2015ish.
>>
>>164924535
Clamp the delta like the other guy said.
>>
>>164912438
It's intriguing to look at but too low res to be practical. It's like if I took my glasses off.
>>
>>164925356
>have to rewrite collisions because it's shit for 2d
>have to rewrite input system because it's trash and even unity acknowledges it and promotes the assets on the store
>multiplayer is abandoned and nobody gets responses on the forums so you have to roll your own
>have to use multiple hacks to get pixel art to render properly
>missing basic 2d features that any other engine has that you have to implement yourself such as sprite tiling, tilemaps and 9 sliced sprites
why even bother using this """""""""""engine""""""""?
>>
>>164925356
Anyone using Unity for 2D should be ashamed.
>>
>>164925606
>having to rewrite collision
>having to rewrite input system
>caring about multiplayer
>not knowing how to make a pixel-perfect camera
>it has sprite tiling, tilemaps, and 9-sliced sprites

master game dev over here.
>>
>>164925606
If you can't use a tool without hurting yourself or can't figure things out with it don't use it.
>>
>>164923621
>enginedev provides an engine for others to use
That's OK
>>
>>164925809
>yeah this tool has lots of negatives but if you don't like them it just means you're bad
>>
>>164925748
>it has sprite tiling, tilemaps, and 9-sliced sprites
No it doesn't. It has tiling and 9 slice on the UI images but not sprites.
>>
>>164925706
Hate to break it to you but there are many not-ashamed millionaires right now whose 2.5D Unity games were welcomed with open arms by the gaming community. Game dev autism is not a real life factor in anything
>>
>>164925809
>fighting a tool to do something other tools are made for
Unity shills.
>>
>>164925958
>making games to sell
>not making games to give away
Disgusting philistines.
>>
>>164925915
he said to not use the tool you fucking idiot
>>
File: Exactly.jpg (787KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Exactly.jpg
787KB, 1200x1200px
>Learn a lot about card games while working on one
>A year in realize what I've been making is essentially about drawing the right cards on curve
wake me up inside
>>
>>164925537
Is whip the vote not on Steam?
>>
>just not enough content for a demo
I'm maybe a week of dedicated work away. Oh well, by next time I'll have models hopefully. No game is good enough with unitycubes.
>>
>>164926120
its on itchio
>>
File: 1475633287145.jpg (612KB, 1154x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1475633287145.jpg
612KB, 1154x1500px
>tfw to intelligent not to use monogame
>>
>>164926118
gj your game is as deep as hearthstone

jokes aside you can learn a lot about how to mitigate that from other games that have the same core problem
>>
File: IkduMb3.gif (492KB, 441x268px) Image search: [Google]
IkduMb3.gif
492KB, 441x268px
>>164926016
>>164926049
Such anger. Delicious.
>>
>tfw to intelligent to not make my own language first
If only Rust had more higher order features.
>>
>>164925894
>show engine devs a comic about themselves
>they don't get it and insert themselves as the straight man and others as the butt of the joke
Fascinating.
>>
>tfw too intelligent to not make my own OS first
>>
>>164926582
mcc is that you?
>>
(memearrow)
>>
>>164926713
It can be interpreted both ways, although your preferred way apparently implies engine users don't make games but enginedevs do?
>>
>>164926725
Who?
>>
You have 20 seconds to explain why you aren't using Unity
>>
>>164926995
I'm doing 2D.
>>
>>164926995
the editor doesn't run well on linux.
easy enuff
>>
>>164926995
I dont want to learn a new language
>>
File: gdc.png (1MB, 1308x781px) Image search: [Google]
gdc.png
1MB, 1308x781px
What's the fastest you've ever closed a GDC talk?
>talk on level design
>from a Bioshock Infinite designer
>>
>>164926838
>It can be interpreted both ways
No it can't. Amateur engine devs are not making superior engines to what already exists. Therefore they cannot be depicted by the caveman holding the better wheel

>engine users don't make games but enginedevs do
No.
Both make games, but one does it with an inferior method while ignoring better technology that was made by others (and therefore has cooties).
>>
>>164926945
She was a game dev making experimental shit until she got memed into developing her own language and compiler. She made Become A Great Artist In Just 10 Seconds with Michael Brough and also ported a bunch of his stuff. Now she's best known as Christine Love's girlfriend.
>>
>>164926995
tim sweeney threatened to kill me and my wife should i use anything but ue4
>>
>>164926713
That comic doesn't depict what you think it does but feel free to be mad about it.
>>
>>164927232
sounds like he thinks his resume is all a big chore, guess I can't blame him
>>
>>164927232
"When a developer should be using a persona" or something like that. About social media usage and being wacky or something, held by tumblr-whale with obligatory non-conformist hair colouring.
>>
>>164927319
Did he also threaten your wife's son?
>>
>>164927232
>Interesting talk title
>Lecturer shows a slide of the games they worked on
>You know half of them and they're awful
80% of GDC talks.
>>
>tfw too smart to not get the joke
>>
will gogem ever made it to demoday? not that anyone would play his """""games"""""
>>
>>164927449
That might have been useful though. You can get (you)s by just being an interesting attention whore on twitter. (you)s translate to exposure.
>>
>>164927350
It literally does by basic logic as explained >>164927245 everyone who didn't get the joke has proven another point. Engine devs are not smart
>>
>>164927578
every day is demo day
>>
>>164927735
yeah but then where's the demo
>>
>>164927245
>No it can't. Amateur engine devs are not making superior engines to what already exists. Therefore they cannot be depicted by the caveman holding the better wheel
Iunno, lugging a box full of rocks sounds pretty similar to using an AAA engine meant to be used by dozens of professionals working together in order to 1MA a sprite-based platformer.
>>
File: 82rns9I.png (614KB, 1784x696px) Image search: [Google]
82rns9I.png
614KB, 1784x696px
>>164925938
You really need to check out the newer versions of Unity my dude
>>
>>164927232
>>164927386
>>164927449
>>164927478

wheres your game
>>
>>164927787
>>164924175
>>
File: placeholder.webm (608KB, 602x454px) Image search: [Google]
placeholder.webm
608KB, 602x454px
I wasted more than 2 days animating the run cycle of this moron, but goddamn this looks smooth. I feel accomplished.
>>
>>164927478
sometimes they will then go into why the games were awful though
>>
>>164927589
I'd rather act like my normal self and get zero (You)s than act like a weirdo for a chance of (You)s.
>>
File: 1482279223003.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1482279223003.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>164924175
>visuals
>visuals
>black and white text
>visuals
>>
>>164927905
isnt that ferr2d tool?
>>
>>164927313
>Lisp plus prototype-based OO without (((syntax)))
I guess it's neat. She makes good points about not having redundant features.
>>
>>164928052
Yep, looks good.
>>
>>164927952
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/bloodborne-ps4/
>>
>>164928052
It's a really good animation.
>>
>>164928052
I wanna fug those pixels
>>
>>164928052
Very smooth.
>>
>>164925160
>some wrenches and shit
you know what I mean
lots of people (with money, admittedly) rebuild or restore or fix cars on their own because they enjoy it
lots of people put together everything from HAM radios to tool sheds because they like doing it themselves, we have a whole board for this shit >>>/diy/
if you'd prefer not to that's fine, but I like it
>>
>>164927578
He's religiously shit on every demo day insisting they're pointless (as well as jams). I would be interested in seeing how an entry of his would be reviewed.
>>
>>164928091
Why bother making a game if no one will ever hear of it? You need those (you)s son and or daughter.
>>
>>164928052
cool,whats this game about?
>>
>>164928224
>He's religiously shit on every demo day
>>>/eceleb/
also I dont recall him ever saying anything like that
>>
>>164928296
Then you're new.
>>
File: 1448609939326.jpg (16KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1448609939326.jpg
16KB, 348x342px
>>164928052
how many frames is your cycle and what framerate do you play it at?
>>
>>164927245
making superior engines is a mug's game, there's no point to it, it's like making a superior operating system, everyone's going to use the same shit regardless
if you can make something that works better *for you*, then it has a use
>>
>>164928356
got em
>>
>>164928224
every day is demo day.
im reviewed well every day.
>>
>looking at front page of unity3d.com
>tons of AAA tier looking games being show cased

god damn how do i even compete with all these
>>
>>164928263
I'll shill my game of course. I just wont do it with some ~whacky~ persona.
Besides I want people to actually play and like my game for what it is, not for who I am. If my game sucks then I don't want it getting undeserved players.
>>
>>164928459
you don't
>>
>>164928459
you don't
>>
>>164912438
I can't imagine that it'd be fun to move around in.
>>
Name 2 (two) good FPS games made in Unity
>>
File: 1474944108849.jpg (318KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474944108849.jpg
318KB, 731x720px
I wish the /ic/ community was as cool and relatively level-headed as you, guise.
>>
>>164928480
People can only like it once they've played it and it is hard to get someone to try an unadvertised game by a nobody.
>>
>>164928459
Just need an artist or two.
>>
>>164928514
>>164928552
how am I supposed to make any money off my game then? 1ma is nice and all but 80% games in unity are being done by large teams/companies now. Even mario is on it.

i dont know it just feels overwhelming. ill do my best though
>>
>>164928619
I can't decide whether or not that is sarcasm, although the picture leads me to believing that it is.
>>
>>164928723
Make some bullshit gimmick mobile game
>>
>>164928609
The new System Shock and Super Hot.
Easy.
https://madewith.unity.com/en/games/superhot
>>
>>164928723
Blue Ocean or bust. Make something the like of which the world has never seen and you'll only be directly competing with yourself.
>>
>>164928767
It isn't actually. It's all memes and shitposting now.
>>
>>164929056
>It's all memes and shitposting now.
How bad is it on /ic/ that you think this hole is not what you just said?
>>
>>164929056
>It's all memes and shitposting now
IC? Or AGDG?
>>
>>164929169
Point is that there's so much low effort shitlery and lack of creativity. It's like if /agdg/ was filled with visual novels you could play with just the enter key.

I've seen more cool assets and more creative ideas here than I've seen on /ic/ in the past two years.
>>
>>164929562
Point taken. I guess there is only so much you can do with period blood.
>>
>>164928609
overload
gibhard
>>
what file formats does itch support for the cover image? webm?
>>
>>164929858
gifs
I think leaf said he wanted to try out video thumbnails but it crashed firefox so
>>
Imagine if Toady was convinced to make Dwarf Fortress in Unity.
>>
>>164929858
no webm support at all
jpg, png, gif off the top of my head
>>
File: stop-sign-clipart-z7TaM5XiA.png (15KB, 512x309px) Image search: [Google]
stop-sign-clipart-z7TaM5XiA.png
15KB, 512x309px
MUST VOTE IF YOU SEE THIS POST.

===========
================
=======================
=========================
http://www.strawpoll.me/12058022
=========================
=======================
====================
================
===========
MUST VOTE IF YOU SEE THIS POST.

Please take a few moments to fill the survey, thanks!
>>
Was there ever a time where gogem was more industrious and posted regular progress?
>>
File: Süß.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Süß.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>164930138
>>
>>164930138
>strawpoll
use poal.me instead
>>
>>164930138
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12058022
Why in the ever living fuck does strawpoll have a captcha now
>>
>>164930359
This. I love shitposting with serial ids in the comments
>>
File: new menu.png (4KB, 176x192px) Image search: [Google]
new menu.png
4KB, 176x192px
working on a new menu
>>
>>164930405
to make sure you're not a robot obviously
>>
>>164930478
Compact.
>>
>>164930478
Cool for ants
>>
>>164930478
>0
>01
>02
>>
>>164930138
>Donations included

Well, come on now.
>>
>>164930491
robots can make video games too you racist piece of shit
>>
>>164930563
that's 0, B1, and B2 broski

and mistakes like that are why this >>164930478 should be way way bigger
>>
>>164930478
>>164930670
Then the font should be larger than 4px high. It's not like there isn't space. Also I don't see the point of "FLOOR:".
>>
>>164930580
mostly to handle exception cases like Patreon/GoFundMe, which are built around donations. I'd call it aggressive donations since the dev expects to receive a decent amount of money from it.

passive donations would be a link to your paypal or something, which can be considered free I suppose.
>>
>>164928459
wriet ur own engine :^ )
>>
File: item menu 2.png (3KB, 176x192px) Image search: [Google]
item menu 2.png
3KB, 176x192px
>>164930527
>>164930536
>>164930563
>>164930670

It's scaled to x3 in game, i always forget I work at 1x1

>>164930719
"FLOOR" is for the dungeon floors (this is the world map so it won't be here usually, but I'm just testing this stuff out)
>>
>>164930845
>"FLOOR" is for the dungeon floors
That's kind of obvious which is why I don't think it needs to be repeated in front of every entry.
>>
>>164930790
what if the entire reason you create a patreon is so you can make money without having to charge for the game

there's no "both" option on your poll and i consider that offensive

>>164930845
scaling it to 3x won't fix your B looking like a letter that doesn't exist
you want at least five pixels high so you can have both gaps in Es and Bs and shit
>>
File: frost 17-01-08 menu.png (13KB, 1056x576px) Image search: [Google]
frost 17-01-08 menu.png
13KB, 1056x576px
>>164930845
fucking hell wrong image
>>
File: JmtfV.png (9KB, 3392x448px) Image search: [Google]
JmtfV.png
9KB, 3392x448px
Find a flaw 1/3
>>
>>164930942
the fact you made patreon still shows you plan to profit off the game. you cant make a patreon without having a goal.

someone making their game for free would not have a "goal" for how much money they want to make in a month.

most people have patreon-only updates which is effectively another way of charging for the game.
>>
>>164931065
Pipes to the left don't make sense.
>>
>>164931065
Some kind of reward on top of the bricks above the second mushroom would teach the player about the different routes that super mario brothers play around with.
>>
Find a flaw 2/3
>>
Find a flaw 3/3
>>
File: dadadadadad.png (39KB, 640x578px) Image search: [Google]
dadadadadad.png
39KB, 640x578px
is this supposed to be some sort of joke
>>
>>164931139
I haven't made a patreon yet, but I've been thinking about doing it in the distant future when there's actually something worth funding

but then my game won't have porn in it so it'll never take off

>>164931065
>>164931219
>>164931363
did you just come here to start a fight
>>
>>164930820
It sucks because it feels like I'm trying to compete with Nintendo + PS4 + Mobile all at the same time.

If I use Unity, I have to match the quality of what the top players are doing. It will be expected.

cannot dishonor famiry
>>
>>164931575
> I have to compete with the elite whatever I do
why don't you start by competing with the other shitters in agdg who never release anything and work upwards from there

worst case you're no better, best case all you have to do is release something and you win for free
>>
>>164931065
The underground area is a little lazy and doesn't particularly teach anything in a level designed for teaching the player.

>>164931219
Lack of vertical drops keeps the player feeling too comfortable. It's easy to beat this level in no time.

>>164931363
The shell kick in the beginning and getting Yoshi right away is too fun compared to the rest of the level, it's like nutting and the level keeps sucking because you get Yoshi right after your awesome shell kick and 1UP. Pacing is just a little off.
>>
>>164931575
Gaming consumers don't even pay attention to what engine was used to make the videogame. They wonder if it looks good and if the gameplay seems interesting. You aren't being judged on how well you use your engine by anybody but other devs, and even they don't really care.

You're also probably not competing with Nintendo and Playstation unless you are making a game which is similar to one of their IPs, which is pretty fucking unlikely considering a 1ma dev isn't going to make anything near the scope of a nintendo or playstation game.
>>
File: PROGRESS2.webm (694KB, 767x595px) Image search: [Google]
PROGRESS2.webm
694KB, 767x595px
I made progress
You hold the mouse button to add spells, and scroll to combine different spells, then release to cast
Still buggy though, once the spells get to the mouse position they freak out
>>
>>164931539
>but then my game won't have porn in it so it'll never take off
You don't have a game.
>>
>>164931870
other devs only care what engine you use if you're more successful than they are and they need a way to feel superior

>>164931949
not yet, but I'm working on it
>>
>>164931575
With the right art style you can do whatever you want and players will understand where you're coming from.
>>
>>164931912
>shooting broccoli
Gruesome.
>>
File: 314-84ujdi.jpg (40KB, 376x459px) Image search: [Google]
314-84ujdi.jpg
40KB, 376x459px
>>164932000
>not yet, but
Nailed it.
>>
If demo day is every two months

and this is the twelfth demo day

does that mean its been two years since the first demo day?
>>
File: nice.png (2KB, 74x71px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
2KB, 74x71px
>>
>>164932000
nice y2k post
>>
>>164924758
Actually a better analogy would be 5 car wheels of different brands and then a guy trying to vulcanize rubber in a homemade oven.
>>
>>164932397
the fucked up thing is, why is a demo day two days

>>164932398
nice

>>164932406
nice
i'd like to thank the academy and my two hands for bringing this dream to life
>>
>>164932397
pretty much
https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day
>>
File: 1427582386315.jpg (557KB, 640x2475px) Image search: [Google]
1427582386315.jpg
557KB, 640x2475px
>>164930145
>Was there ever a time where gogem was more industrious
maybe, you do slow down with age
but my productivity efficiency is much higher

> and posted regular progress?
that just wastes time, if you're busy making webms youre not working.
>>
>>164932493
Which DD was that Brazillian streamer?
>>
>>164932890
making a webm to post on agdg once or twice a week is hardly considered 'not working'.
>>
DEMO DAY 12 LIVE IN 5 MINUTES.(70 demos anticipated)

unfortunately i wont get to play any until 12 hours later due to work.

good luck
>>
>>164933180
>5 minutes
Guess I won't commit my game on time.
>>
>>164933096
it is if you have no visual progress and you need to invent some shit to fill the regularity quota. that's wasting 10x the time.
>>
File: sd (497).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sd (497).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
made it
https://panjak.itch.io/umbrella-warriors-ddd-preview
it's still not that long, but improvement should be noticeable enough
i expect the pace of development to increase as my tools get more and more polished
>>
godspeed everyone
>>
>>164933353
My players aren't blind. Visual progress is a must.
>>
no1 care
>>
File: metanoia_ingame-convo.png (776KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
metanoia_ingame-convo.png
776KB, 980x551px
>>164933180
You probably won't get mine immediately. I'm still setting things up. Maybe I'll be able to get it all done before submission period's closed but I'll be gone all tomorrow.
>>
Should I bother converting my wavs to mp3s or will unity just compress them the same anyway
>>
Man, why do all the demo days start in the middle of the goddamn night? I've got my submission in but I'm just gonna go to bed and not play any of them until tomorrow, but if you're not in the first 10 you're not gonna get noticed.
>>
>>164933610
you cant make regular visual progress, it's literally impossible in a medium that is only part-visual.
>>
File: spr_title_logo_small.png (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
spr_title_logo_small.png
11KB, 150x150px
we're live boys! tell me if i screwed up everything somehow.
>https://monolithdevs.itch.io/monolith
>>
wow, there are a lot of people in the discord
like 100+
>>
File: yellin video game girl.jpg (54KB, 555x547px) Image search: [Google]
yellin video game girl.jpg
54KB, 555x547px
https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/96395

Play my game please!
>>
>>164934267
ok anon, hang on
>>
>>164933863
FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: shader_palette
memory:67:22: error: syntax error, unexpected NEW_IDENTIFIER
at gml_Object_obj_screen_Draw_77

i am the linux guy though so lmao WINE
>>
>>164934267
>anime pic
not even gonna click it
>>
>>164933827
>you cant make regular visual progress
kek
>>
o fuk I forgot to make a build and get screenies
onesec
>>
>>164934425
i mean if you intend for your progress to be actual progress towards finishing the project.
>>
>>164934380
linux version's not up yet, will be when our linuxbro is awake.
>>
File: 1478529255090.png (42KB, 171x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478529255090.png
42KB, 171x197px
>missed demoday again
>this time due to life getting in the way
Good to see everyone's making good progress though. Hope the good games get lots of (you)'s.

at least I finally got that artist
>>
File: 2017-01-08 09-18-50.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-08 09-18-50.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
this is the best proof of concept game i've ever played. good job whoever made this, i hope you can turn this into a complete game somehow.
>>
File: dd12 cover.png (12KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
dd12 cover.png
12KB, 315x250px
https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110345

(/・ω・)/ new demo up for dd12
>>
>>164934859
my game made almost no progress but I'm uploading anyway
you can't stop me
>>
>>164934917
>best proof of concept
This concept already exists.
>>
File: recap 16-12-13.png (5KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
recap 16-12-13.png
5KB, 400x300px
https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/108609
go upvote BONELORD
>>
>>164934973
I don't like showing off my stuff until I've got a good bit of polish to it,hence only posting new stuff like once a week for my last game. It's probably good for the long run, but it directly contradicts my need for feedback
>>
File: work to do yet.png (176KB, 1901x1079px) Image search: [Google]
work to do yet.png
176KB, 1901x1079px
>>164935129

Tyranny 3000 is LIVE!

it's shit, but it's live

Next demo day it'll be better, i swear!
>>
File: BokuBeach.jpg (798KB, 1674x879px) Image search: [Google]
BokuBeach.jpg
798KB, 1674x879px
Making progresso on a beach level, but also the official bokube DD_12 demo is up with the new camera.
>>
File: indie-game[1].png (326KB, 933x1396px) Image search: [Google]
indie-game[1].png
326KB, 933x1396px
>>164928723
Reminder : you're not competing directly with AAA devs, find your own niche and fill it.

People don't always want to eat at high class restaurants, sometimes they just want a burger.
>>
>>164934997
like what? i really don't think so. this is basically controlling 4 dota characters in an rpg, it's all about micro, it's a lot of fun. i've not played anything like that before.
>>
No one has done my simple idea yet... I guess I should go for it.
>>
>>164912438
I love it. It make me think of King's Quest for some reason.
>>
>>164935507
I did something similar a while ago but it wasn't as fleshed out. Stopped working on it though
>>
>>164935531
Why don't you tell me about it first so I can tell you if it's good or not.
>>
there's some sort of issue with bokube where it tries to boot up my oculus even though i've launched the non-vr version. i don't have motion controllers so unfortunately i don't think i can play it in vr.
>>
>>164935742
Well if I told you then my secret identity would be revealed and I have not worked on my game for awhile.
>>
>>164935796
The VR version of bokube is played with an xbox controller anyway no worries.

I actually didn't want oculus support, I have Vive only support atm because thats all I have I don't have a rift so I'm surprised its even turning your rift on.

If you're willing to wait il update the demo if you like and kill the VR support entirely I think I know where the issue is but it should work fine if you unplug your oculus HMD as well.
>>
>>164935893
great to see you back archerdev I hope you do a good one
>>
>>164935952
No that's not me. Anyway I'll get something ready before next demo day.
>>
>>164935924
don't worry about it i guess, it's fine. but just for the record, it renders on the rift but it's just not properly positioned. maybe rift support isn't so much work?
>>
File: IMG_2836.png (175KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2836.png
175KB, 482x436px
>blackshellmedia reblogged your post
>>
I'm starting a farming game, think Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, would you play one with furry characters?
yes, yes, just append you insults to your reply post
>>
File: nearfinal-convo_system.png (1MB, 1043x594px) Image search: [Google]
nearfinal-convo_system.png
1MB, 1043x594px
Well, it's 3 AM and I'm running out of steam -- but the dialogue system's art and such is all pretty much mocked up and laid out now. All that's left to do tomorrow is hook stuff back up, set up some new convos, see about polishing alpha-tweens and such, and adding in that first puzzle and couple of convos. Then this thing'll be ready to at least show, even if it won't be too much.
>>
>>164936606
If it was like Animal Crossing cutsesy animals then sure, but if it was fetish bait then no.
>>
>>164936176
Thanks, yeah it doesn't seem like much work, but it leaves the big issue of not being able to properly align the rift with my camera since I don't have one.

I got my vive free from valve so it was a much easier process, but il for sure go nuts on oculus as well whenever I make just a little bit of cash to buy my own to give it the best support it could get really.
>>
Make a new project for demoday or submit the main project?
>>
>>164937245
both
>>
File: dTzeys.png (28KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
dTzeys.png
28KB, 315x250px
Even though it is currently local multi-player only, please give it a try.

https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/84433
>>
>>164934530
I'm looking forward to it

sad about missing out on demo days cause my windows pc doesn't work right no more
>>
Anyone here have an idea on how to make randomly generated dungeon like Binding of Isaac?
>>
>>164916098
I only know where you can find Japanese girl attack sounds
>>
>>164937679
step one: randomly generate a dungeon
>>
damn
Just spent a while diagnosing a bug, it turned out I was calling Start() instead of Play()
>>
>>164937813
Thanks bro but that's about exactly the thing I'm asking you help for...
>>
File: thumbnail.png (3KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.png
3KB, 315x250px
game
https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12/rate/110355

>>164937813
step 2. decide that you hate it and rework multiple times

>>164937859
It's a pretty open ended question. A good place to start would be to google "random walk dungeon generator"
>>
>>164937679
It's actually pretty simple, especially the way TBOI does it, because each room isn't randomly generated, only the placements. They aren't even really "placed", you're technically teleported from room to room, so no real overworld is ever made.

So:
>1: Create several room "types"
>2: Create a specific boss room and beginning room
>3: Write an algorithm that creates a list of rooms, with one beginning, one boss, X number of normal rooms, X number of secret and/or special rooms.
>4: For each room, for each wall in each room,create a door and tie the door to another room's opposite wall
>5: Make sure to implement special rules to enforce when determining what rooms to tie together (boss room only has one tie, etc)
>6: After everything is generated and tied, write an algorithm that attempts to navigate between every room using only the ties between each room
>7: If there are any rooms that have not been navigated to, remove them (or check your algorithm, because there shouldn't be any orphan rooms)
>>
>>164938137
>>164938107
Thanks
>>
>Devil Daggers is a few minutes long
>Sold super well
>If you make a strategy game that's an hour long people won't buy it
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
In Unity, how can I create smooth (with curves) paths for my enemies in a shmup (shooting game)?
In the documentation I think they use the Navigation system of Unity to bake navmeshs, but for this you need an environment the characters are basically walking on. However, since in my game everything is flying in space or in the air, I don't have such an environment?
>>
File: ic.png (135KB, 1863x855px) Image search: [Google]
ic.png
135KB, 1863x855px
>>164928619
>>
>>164938378
You need math, I don't think there are curves in stock Unity, not even via code I think. But 100% there are going to be assets for it. You typically want spline/bezier curves

However for SHMUPS you often generate patterns and curves not with actual curves but with algorithms and simple instructions. So more like particle systems. Of course you can combine that with curves as well.
>>
>>164938587
>cold harsh critique
Damn, not even below room temperature.
>>
I know C#. Is Unity good for FPS games at all? Am I better off learning C++ for Unreal?
>>
>>164938378

unless you want 3D navigation, put everything on an invisible ground plane
>>
>>164938858
unity is good for most things
that's why everyone's using it
>>
>>164938634
Couldn't you just theoretically use an animation for pathing? I mean just using animation tool in Unity and creating an animation for the enemy?
>>
>>164938942
I figured, but the idea of level design in something like unity makes me kind of hesitant. I've put a lot of time into Source mapping and the idea of having to make all the models and shit for the environment instead of BSP's and a grid sounds like a lot of work for someone who can't model. That's my understanding of it anyway.
>>
File: 2017-01-08 10-32-31.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-08 10-32-31.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
been playing bokube for the past ~30 minutes, i love it. it's actually quite hard tho, you might want to consider some sort of checkpoint system, maybe? for longer levels? then, it's not quite clear to me when i can push a spikey things down a stairwell or when i can't. on this stage for example, it seems i can't at all while on the first stage, the solution actually required me to push a spikey thing down the stairs. but only the lower half of the stairs? i've also stumbled over a few bugs relating to reseting the spikey things which i'm not sure how to reproduce. once, a spikey thing was put off-tile after a reset and once, the fanfare you get from pushing a spikey thing into a hole would stop playing after a reset. you probably know about these bugs but fwiw. i'll write something more comprehensive some other time.
>>
File: Bézier_2_big.gif (150KB, 360x150px) Image search: [Google]
Bézier_2_big.gif
150KB, 360x150px
>>164938989
Sorry I was thinking of bullet patterns, but as for movements again I don't recall Unity having curved paths, have you googled it? But if not, then there is going to be something on the asset store. Or you can just implement a library, or maybe it's part of the .NET ecosystem?

Anyway, bezier curves are not difficult to understand or implement, see GIF.
However you're gonna wanna have editor integration if you want to create individual paths for different levels
>>
>>164939080
best way to find out is download it and fuck around
worst case you spend an hour of your life finding out you don't like Unity, best case you spend the next six billion hours making a video game in it
>>
>>164939194
I kinda love that attitude.

What about modelling though? Source is all surfaces and textures, and it was easy enough to get that to look nice, but I wouldn't know where to begin with making anything look like anything in Unity. Am I getting too down about this, or is it something I'm gonna have to come to terms with eventually if I want to make something complete?
>>
>>164939190
There are curved paths in the animation tool from Unity, yes. I just tried doing it with an animation, and it seems to work.
>>
>>164939373
> I wouldn't know where to begin
you start at the very beginning
(it's a very good place to start)

I don't use unity so I can't help you with specifics, but I mean, really how else are you going to find out if you can work with it other than by working with it?

Beyond that, just google whatever it is you're worried about and see what comes up. "How to model shit in unity," "unity for beginners," "transitioning to unity from source," that kind of shit. Presumably at least some of your knowledge is transferable.

And then if you decide you hate it you can just try something else. It's not exactly efficient, but it does work. That and encouragement from anons in here is how I ended up at love2d, and I don't regret it yet.
>>
>>164930359
>poal.me
why is 99% of the polls on there related yo yandere sim
>>
hey /agdg/. I need to model a 3D world. Each object has 6 components for its position. 3 for position, and 3 for orientation. What would you use to model that?
>>
>>164928115
>>164928159
>>164928169
>>164928184

Thanks, now I'll try to make jumping animations without fucking up the quality.

>>164928265

Simply, a lewd Castlevania.

>>164928386

The animation loop has 12 frames, and Studio is telling me it runs at 60 fps but I don't believe it.
>>
I don't like me.
https://ghostlyman.itch.io/ghosthing
>>
>>164940203
wat
>>
>>164928052

kyrieru? is that u
>>
>>164939764
I appreciate the advice, thanks.
>>
>>164940230
No screenshot, no download
>>
>>164940230
forgot pic
>>
>>164940230
>no preview
I dont like you either
>>
>>164940342
>>164940230
What is it
>>
File: Untitled.png (64KB, 2556x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
64KB, 2556x1599px
Windows itch report:
dig is broken: SDL2.dll is missing from your computer
Dinosorcerer runs, but I can't see shit. target res:1560x1600
Everything else is either a unity splash or works
ilu
>>
>>164940262
What system would you use to model 3D coordinates?
>>
>>164940432
None of what you are saying makes any sense
>>
>>164940203
a matrix?
>>
File: 1468122113752.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1468122113752.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>164940375
Did you blow the screenshot up? The game should scale down to your resolution
>>
>>164940342
>>164940230
I want to play this because I love the self loathing indie aesthetic, but you're not giving me anything to work with here
>>
>>164940614
Nope, cropped in good ol' ms paint. Easy solution, make the game windowed by default
>>
File: BokuBeachLevelProgress.jpg (779KB, 1677x887px) Image search: [Google]
BokuBeachLevelProgress.jpg
779KB, 1677x887px
>>164939138
Thanks for the feedback Anon. I'm going to try and code a checkpoint system later on, its actually a playtesting issue as well because I can't tell how long a level is because I can beat every level in a minute or less.

I'm not sure how to fully go about it but im trying to figure out how to communicate to the player that stairs and puzzle cubes DONT mix, and you cant push them down or up stairs.

Did it take you 30 minutes to do those 4 demo levels?

I'm really glad you loved it.
>>
File: confused anime girl 2.jpg (81KB, 454x419px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl 2.jpg
81KB, 454x419px
>>164940675
How come the screenshot doesn't match your resolution then? What OS are you using?
>>
>>164940514
What system would you use to store objects position (+ orientation) in a 3D world?

>>164940592
What would represent that matrix? A 4x4 matrix to work in projective space? I have 6 degrees of freedom by objects (3 for position and 3 for orientation).
>>
>>164940783
Oh sorry, I just mistyped the target res: it's actually 2560x1600, old apple cinema size. OS is Windows 10
>>
>>164940369
A shitty barebones excuse for a point and click.
>>
>>164940892
>What system would you use to store objects position (+ orientation) in a 3D world?
A matrix?
A struct with 6 values?
It totally depends on the specifics. You can convert between these things anyway.
Without scaling and shearing you have an orthogonal matrix.
Oh and when you said "model" I thought you were talking about 3D modeling.
>>
File: 1480144915479.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480144915479.png
45KB, 300x300px
>>164940924
Looks like theres a problem with my drawing code, for some reason its scaling things up instead of down at certain resolutions
>>
>>164941172
>A struct with 6 values?
I know that I need a struct with at lease 6 values to encode 6 dof.
>A matrix?
What would it represent? The rotation matrix?
>>
>>164928052
You are an inspiration for me.
>>
>>164941082
Don't be too hard on yourself, you produced an executable that is playable, thats more than 99% of people can do or have done. Even among agdg its probably less than 1% actually make something.
>>
>>164941574
Thanks man.
>>
>>164941639
jk your f*cking trash lmao
>>
>>164941739
brb killing self
>>
>>164941498
A matrix represents a transformation from one coordinate system to another.
If you have an object at (x,y,z) in global space then the matrix transforms a vector (0,0,0) from/to (x,y,z) and any other vector to (a+x, b+y, c+z) .The rotation value is expressed by a rotation of the axes themselves rather than the object (since rotating the origin point doesn't do anything at all)

>I know that I need a struct with at lease 6 values to encode 6 dof.
So what is the problem?
Do it.
You don't need to "encode" anything, you can just dump your binary data into a file and read it back out. Float is standardized
>>
>>164941758
>killing self
>be right back
???
>>
File: confirmed-a-shit.png (192KB, 985x662px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed-a-shit.png
192KB, 985x662px
You don't care edition.

>>164933589
>2D game runs at 1-2 fps le sigh
>no choices/text in main menu screen after entering and leaving game and waiting 15-20 seconds
>crash on exit

>>164933863
FATAL ERROR in Fragment Shader compilation
ShaderName: shader_scanlines
(220,4): error X5608: Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instruction slots (272). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64.
(1,1): error X5609: Compiled shader code uses too many instruction slots (281). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 96.
at gml_Object_obj_screen_Draw_77

>>164934267
not a valid win32 application

>>164934949
>solid pink screen after press play on first menu
>full screen and windowed

>>164935037

>>164935286
>menu screen is pink with some text and buttons
>click start
>next screen is pink with two lines of text
>full screen and windowed

>>164935386
failed to initialize player
Your GPU (Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family) or driver doesn't support linear rendering

>>164937472
this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

>>164938107
point awarded for labeling 64 bit download

>>164940230
>arrow keys move about one pixel
>explain right clicking to switch actions?
>apparently none of them do anything
>possessed everyone once, didn't work after restart
>game is broken and stupid and you are bad

32bit Windows XP SP3 hella old integrated Intel video hella old OpenGL DirectX 9.0c no .NET potato laptop shit filter save day again!

For the curious, potato tops out around original KOTOR and Deus Ex. $10 on gog.com.
>>
>>164941917
I explain:

I can think about 3 systems:

Using a 4x4 matrix (projective space) which encodes everything (position and orientation).

I could use vector for position (x y z) and a 3x3 matrix for orientation (the endomorphism that map the main orthogonal basis to my object orthogonal basis).

I could use a vector for position (x y z) and a vector omega for orientation. The orientation will be computed by making a rotation of axis omega and angle |omega|.

It's not about how I can store 6 values. It's what is the most convenient coordinates system. And yes I know they are equivalent.
>>
File: 1447191975846.png (184KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1447191975846.png
184KB, 500x540px
>>164942336
>>
File: 1429029135001.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1429029135001.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>164942336
>massive post
>expect feedback
>bugreport
>remember it couldn't be my game among them, because I am currently in the build and submit process
>>
>>164940924
If you're still around, can you try running this version? It's windowed at my pc's resolution, so there shouldn't be any scaling issues
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-nC589_n3v5WlJ5ZENWeEVTemc

>>164942336
Yikes anon, I'm surprised you can run KOTOR
>>
Anyone here use love2d?
>>
File: Nope.png (260KB, 532x449px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
260KB, 532x449px
>>164942603
>lua
>>
>>164942603
i am and at least two of the demo day games are
>>
>>164942389
For use in computation, matrices are the most convenient. That's what engines use internally to do most things. So why not store a matrix?

You can also store a vector for position and only 2 vectors for the basis since the third one would be orthogonal. Of course if you store angles that's a little cheaper on the space. But why does any of this matter?

This seems like something you are thinking about because you are procrastinating making game

>>164942646
Lua is pretty good I think. I never used it but I read about metatables and I really enjoy that kind of language with first class functions.
I wish you could even define your own operators but I think you can't?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-09-15-12h42m20s431.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-09-15-12h42m20s431.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
I have a simple and not overly ambitious game idea, single scene, few scripts, nothing crazy. I have the engine picked out and I'm in the process of getting the scene set up, next step would be to create some placeholder assets and animation to work on the technical aspects.

Anyway I need some tools to create simple 2d art and animation, just the key frames, backgrounds, core objects, stuff like that.
>>
>>164942852
>I wish you could even define your own operators but I think you can't?
http://lua-users.org/wiki/CustomOperators
>>
File: crt.png (455KB, 985x763px) Image search: [Google]
crt.png
455KB, 985x763px
>>164942336
Does mine run on it?
>>
>>164942852
>This seems like something you are thinking about because you are procrastinating making game
No. I just want to use the most easy system. Is it a crime?
>>
>>164942336
i'm guessing your card doesn't support render textures but i can't find any info about it

its also possible its based on resolution, and in that case you can try launching with launch parameter enable_nnf

if that doesn't work could you post your monitor resolution/refresh rate?
>>
>>164942837
Is it a good engine to start deving or is it more appropriate for people who know deving?
>>
File: 1477541743238.png (503KB, 720x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1477541743238.png
503KB, 720x1128px
>>164942336
>>
File: 4chan_o7ad7rCU4y1tdpeqjo1_1280.png (1MB, 1010x806px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_o7ad7rCU4y1tdpeqjo1_1280.png
1MB, 1010x806px
>>164942954
imagine that CRT filter on an actual CRT monitor
>>
>>164942956
Easy for what? When it comes to linear algebra, storage is the least of your concerns. You can store and load anything as binary. But I assume there is some purpose to why this data exists in the first place.

>>164942865
Photoshop, Moho, TVPaint
>>
>>164943265
>Easy for what?
Easy to manipulate when I want to apply forces to compute movements to compute positions to render 3D.
>>
>>164942982
I have some coding experience and zero gamedev experience and I'm doing okay with it so far.

I guess the main thing about it is there's no GUI like godot or unity or whatever, you're doing *everything* in code -- so if you've literally never done any development before it might not be a super great starting point? Plus lua does some odd things compared to other languages that'll trip you up if you ever switch.

I dunno, I'd say just look around the love2d wiki and the examples and download it and try it out. When I sat down to make a game I just downloaded any system that'd run on my machine and fucked around with 'em. Lua felt most right (well, least wrong until I got used more used to it) so I went with that. Can't hurt to experiment.
>>
>>164943265
Thanks for the suggestions! None of them are free or OSS though :(
>>
>>164942954
>Requires OpenGL 3.3+ support.
nope
has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>>164943438
There is no viable free animation software
There's Pencil2D
And there's pixel art stuff
>>
>>164943438
GIMP
>>
>>164942865
>>164943438
Krita a best
>>
>>164942336
>Using a retired operating system from over a decade ago
>Modern programs won't work
I wonder what the issue is.
>>
>>164942968
1024x768 60hz
>>
>>164943438
>>164943595
>>
>>164940683
for the record, this was my first experience playing bokube. people who have played your games previously will probably be a lot quicker. i think it took me 5-10 minutes per stage. a couple minutes to figure out the solution and a minute or two to execute once i knew how to beat a stage. as for checkpoints, i don't think every stage needs them per-se but on the last demo stage for example, a checkpoint at the puzzle block you need to taxi back might feel good for a lot of players. maybe attach them to difficulty level? achievement for beating all stages without checkpoints?
>>
>>164943438
Krita
Inkscape for vector graphics
>>
>>164943595
>>164943623
Krita doesn't do animation
GIMP probably does but GIMP is fucking garbage trash
>>
>>164943780
>Krita doesn't do animation
How does it feel to be wrong?
https://krita.org/en/krita-3-0-release-notes/
>>
>>164943780
it does, but it's limited
https://docs.krita.org/Animation
>>
>>164943547
>>164943574
>>164943595
>>164943623
Trying out Krita, if it doesn't do animation very well I might just create the spritesheets by hand. Are spritesheets still the preferred method of animating hand drawn characters and objects?
>>
>>164943837
>>164943843
Well I haven't used it in a while, get off your high horse
>>
>>164943904
you're welcome
>>
>>164943862
yes because the entire sheet gets loaded into graphics memory as one texture
>>
>>164943862
The whole process of creating animation efficiently necessitates that you can play back as you work and see onion skin surrounding frames
Sheets are just a way to export animations
Otherwise you could just use Paint.
>>
>>164943862
If you don't go for keyframe animation in paper-cutout style, spritesheets are still good. Some programs can do with loads of single frame sprites, but that get's messy for humans quickly. It's really just a workaround.
>>
>>164944126
THAT IS LEWD.
>>
File: Sisyphus Background.png (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus Background.png
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>164943986
onion skin? As in the different layers between the key frames?

>>164943976
So I should be using krita to make the key frames then export them as a sprite sheet texture.

Gonna create my character and the objects for the scene, pretty proud of this thing I pooped out in a couple of minutes.
>>
>>164944594
Onion skinning is a technique in animation where you can see several frames at once all on top of each other so you can time and position things correctly
>>
>>164944784
Seems like a handy feature, I'll try to get it working in Krita, the animation workspace looks really nice.
>>
Finally finished making this piece of shit playable. Just needed ~30 hours of concentrated manpower.

I swear I will play your submissions and give feedback. I just can't promise I'll be awake again before the submission window ends.
>>
>there are people ITT who think they are artists
>there are people ITT who think they are musicians
>there are people ITT who think they are programmers
>there are people ITT who think they are game developers
>>
>>164944173
What was it?
>>
>>164945230
I think you forgot a link or something
>>
>>164945301
Who the fuck cares, holy shit, just have fun with your miserable piece of trash life as you can and while you can.
>>
>>164927478
This is why I only watch post-mortems, I already know what I'm going in for.
>>
>>164945301
>tfw artist musician game dev with programmer bro
>>
>>164944886
So I didn't realize how hard it was to animate a stick figure walking in place. Could I just animate the walking animation then adjust the center for each frame?
>>
>>164945405
>tfw 1MA
>>
>>164945230
>>164945387
Possible.
https://hamfist-mcmutton.itch.io/boutowizards
>>
>>164945452
what is this even? 1 Man Amateur? 1 Mile Away? 1 Million Algerians?
>>
>>164945632
1 manchild autist
>>
>>164945632
1 man army. I program, draw, and compose music. Notable examples are Pixel and Konjak.
>>
>>164945632
one might analingus
>>
>>164945632
1 meager aussiedollar
>>
>>164943318
Okay thanks
>>
>>164945301
>there are people ITT who are so untalented all they can do is shitpost
>>
File: fsdf.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fsdf.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
played Monolith, another excellent game. great formula, plays pretty much perfectly, love the style.. do you guys even need feedback? this seems really professional.
>>
>>164945669
Nice bait I'd give it a 7/10
>>
>>164945804
Reminds me of the Aliens arcade game.
>>
>>164945851
how am I baiting, anon?
>>
>>164942336
my sides

i didn't know /agdg/ was THIS pathetic

shouldn't your babby engines check for things like potential shader compilation errors and let your submit a fallback or turn off certain features at run time?
>>
>>164945801
> there's one manchild autist out there ready to pay one measly aussiedollar to a one man army for one mighty anilingus
>>
File: wallhaven-442014.png (797KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-442014.png
797KB, 2048x1152px
>Demo was complete for demo day
>Added more features
>Demo might now not complete for demo day
>I could just show the old version but I'd feel shitty because the new features are so cool
>>
>>164945446
For games, you typically animate things in the context of an environment and then crop the frames.

So for a walking animation, in your art application you have your character move from left to right. You start by defining the end point and the starting point, the length of the animation and the number of frames. This has to be identical to character speed in game. The normal workflow is to define the key poses first (heel strike, head up etc.)
When the animation is done you export the frames cropped and centered (you have to define an anchor for your software)

Animation isn't easy
>>
File: 1482921896952.jpg (117KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482921896952.jpg
117KB, 1366x768px
>>164945952
>>
>>164945957
you have almost two days anon
if it was almost ready before you can be almost ready again
>>
File: 1374470758407.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1374470758407.gif
2MB, 200x150px
Why isn't there a utility that allows you to take "screenshots" of games by just dumping the relevant contents of your vram, letting you have a fully 3d screenshot that you can look around in?
After fucking around in renderdoc it seems 200% possible
>>
>>164945996
don't tell me you draw each frame by hand

use keyframes and inverse kinematics
>>
>>164946128
Because you haven't released it yet.
>>
File: technology enthusiast.jpg (31KB, 292x306px) Image search: [Google]
technology enthusiast.jpg
31KB, 292x306px
>>164943601
Kind of like a sickness isn't it. Can you still pass your captcha. Do you want to kill yourself yet. Have some more Kool-Aid.
>>
>>164946151
I'm not aware Krita has IK
>>
>>164946128
you mean like this? or what

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel
>>
Will I become rich when I release a game on steam and it's actually decent?
>>
>>164946230
>it's actually decent
yes

if your game fails to make money, you have to be honest with yourself that it's just not a very good game
>>
>>164946230
not even a good game will make you rich
>>
>>164946128
>After fucking around in renderdoc it seems 200% possible
Do it then
>>
When's the next game jam? I need to reignite the fire inside me :(
>>
>>164936606
If they are just animals cutting about doing animal stuff, aye. If they are clearly mentally ill adults looking to shag each other, fucking no.

There is a difference between a cat standing on two legs and a deviant art wolf with emo hair and a fucking nappy on you reprobate.
>>
>>164946356
i've been telling people comfy jam starts in february but i have absolutely no idea if it's true
>>
>>164946312
so the AAA game devs are spending tens to hundreds of millions of dollars per game all for nothing
>>
>>164946154
>>164946341
But I'm busy making game

>>164946215
I THINK that's what I'm talking about
>>
File: DATA.png (191KB, 895x927px) Image search: [Google]
DATA.png
191KB, 895x927px
>>164946230
pic related is sort of relevant to your question

you can see that there's a lot of revenue to go around
>>
>>164946384
AAAs are by definition large organizations where the income is divvied up among individuals in various ways
>>
>>164946384
They're spending it on marketing, not on making good games obviously
>>
>>164946472
if your game is on steam and it's actually a good game it will get enough attention to earn you a pretty nice amount of revenue
>>
>>164945804
any feedback is good feedback, don't be afraid to list small every small annoying thing.
>>
>>164945996
Thank you based anon, seems like I'm doing it the hard way, it would also help if I had a drawing pad.

How do I mark key frames in krita?
>>
>>164946713
>it would also help if I had a drawing pad
Doing animation with your mouse as a drawing tool. Not even using IK. Why do you hate yourself so much?
>>
>>164946551
source?
>>
>>164946941
>>164946452
that's the median revenue, so you only have to be better than half of all games including the shovelware trash and you'll get $25k+
>>
>>164947096
I'd really like someone to count how much shovelware there is on Steam right now.
>>
File: 391250286359286203.png (232KB, 590x424px) Image search: [Google]
391250286359286203.png
232KB, 590x424px
game
ideas
for
comfy
jam
I'm going to post this every thread until I get a good idea
>>
File: 1436082306458.jpg (162KB, 741x999px) Image search: [Google]
1436082306458.jpg
162KB, 741x999px
Umbrella Warriors
Man, this DD really starts good. Anon, I had fun. Real, genuine fun. The music is fun, the juice is fun, shooting shit is fun. I love the whole arcade style. I don't know if the sprites are intentionally this dumb looking or you can't do any better, but it didn't bothered me, moreover, it should be a sign to everyone: get your fucking pencils to work and produce fun you lazy fucks! Yeah, including me, but that's another story. When you jump and move forward, you are faster than simply walking, I guess you've made the usual mistake: you don't get your vector movement right, thus moving diagonal is faster. The story is cheesy, but in a way that it doesn't make any sense. First you talk about aliens, then suddenly go-go Umbrella warriors. Have I missed something? Are the aliens the small crocodiles? Are the Umbrella warriors from another dimension or are they man made robots? What is happening? I haven't asked this much about written text since I picked up Heidegger. Keep it up! I used a controller by the way.
>>
>>164947178
last thread i gave you an idea so good someone stole it before I ever came up with it

it's your fucking turn boyo

come up with something yourself
>>
>>164947178
Shitposting simulator in a blanket.
>>
>people look at how much money flows through steam as a whole in order to gauge their expectations on how much they'll make
oh boy, be sure to link your gamasutra 'indiepocalypse' article here after your game fails to meet your expectations in sales
>>
>>164947204
>posting feedback this close to new thread
Don't let this get lost.

>>164947243
Jokes on you, I expect 0 sales.
>>
File: 1442253992319.png (900KB, 876x617px) Image search: [Google]
1442253992319.png
900KB, 876x617px
>>164947204
Monolith
aka Juice - The game. Seriously, man. Your game made me wet at places I didn't know I can get wet. The opening is juicy, the game over screen is juicy, the fucking pause screen, THE PAUSE SCREEN is also juicy! It's like, damn. I feel so sorry for your loved ones. You should call them sometimes, you know. I think they consider you dead by this point. I mean, the amount of time and effort which went to this is simply amazing and incredible, and makes me wonder what was the last occasion you saw the Sun. But, again: the setting doesn't make any sense. Something blows up, then you are this space ship entering some facility, then a sudden boss fight happens, which is not a boss fight after all, and, damn, guys, what the heck? Stephen Hawking explains quantum physics in a way even dumb fuck like me can understand, yet you fail to establish the reason why I shoot flying skulls in a post apocalyptic environment? Get your shit together. besides, it looks like the same game, so I don't know what you expect me to say what I haven't really told you last time. Oh, yes: thank you for scaling the crosshair with the window!

Bonelord
Well, I like concept of having an army while you have a main character to guide them. WarCraft 3 was fun, so was the necromancer from Diablo 2, but sadly, the execution here is not. Why do I have to press 1 then the mouse to execute the spell? Why don't you let me bind the spell to the mouse? So I would press 1, then as long as I don't choose another spell, let me use that. It made everything tedious. I couldn't figure out the bone mechanic. Sometimes I could pick up bones, sometimes I could not. For the love of all holy, I couldn't figure out how to summon heads. Besides, the skeletons often hug the walls. Here, read this: https://unisalesianogames.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/programming-game-ai-by-example-mat-buckland2.pdf
>>
>>164947243
you really need to step your game up if you can't beat the median shovelgame shit game on steam
>>
>>164947096
that's not the actual numbers.
steam spy revenue estimates are based on owners and like he says right there
>the numbers are probably lower due to...
of course what he doesnt mention is that it's probably even lower than that because every ownership stat is bloated, especially at the low end which will push up the median owners number.

also your claim of money wasnt even the core failure in your statement that i'd want a source on.
>if your game is on steam and it's actually a good game it will get enough attention
credible source on games getting attention because they're good... ive seen tons of evidence that games can reliably get attention by being overtly bad but never seen a strong correlation of the inverse.
>>
>>164947303
You know what? I have more to post, so I'll just wait for the new one then, and start over.
>>
>>164947308
this post translated for fucking humans:

> Monolith is juicy and I don't get the story
> Bonelord is fun on paper but not in practice and it's buggy
>>
File: 1318198366001.png (87KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
1318198366001.png
87KB, 455x451px
>Check the demo day post
>Between a couple of hours ago and now, submissions have opened and closed
w
what the fuck?
What did I miss?
>>
>>164947432
Submissions are open for 43 hours. What are you talking about?
>>
>>164947423
Thanks, I was getting a migraine just looking over all that. I didn't know teenage girls posted on AGDG.
>>
>>164947375
Don't you dare shorten your feedback because of these guys.
>>
>>164946356
nodev jam has been going for a while
>>
>>164947659
yeah, do it because it's morally correct
>>
>>164946128
source has this feature
>>
>>164947178
You're a hobo with a nice doggo, try out different begging styles in order to afford a blanket and a fire.
>>
>>164947178
JRPG without combat
>>
>>164947373
have you ever made a real game?
>>
>>164947772
isn't that a visual novel
>>
>>164947676
but I'm not a nodev, motivation just went down
>>
>>164947178
Laid back fishing game, but you fish with different things rather than a fishing pole, so like a bow with a reel, a harpoon, a net gun, etc

Then you can unlock more destructive shit like explosives, shotguns, and then finally a katana, because that's retarded
>>
>>164947812
i only make true scotsman
>>
fresh bread
>>164947960
>>
>>164947872
Not really. JRPGS usually have exploring, hidden item chests, all kinds of minigames, selling and buying stuff, equipment, consumables and some even allow using spells outside of combat. Most VNs don't have any of those.
>>
File: 1243543632653.png (40KB, 625x125px) Image search: [Google]
1243543632653.png
40KB, 625x125px
>>164947308
>You should call them sometimes, you know. I think they consider you dead by this point.
They might.
>>
>>164948061
>284 hours in 2 weeks
>284/24 = 12
>12 full days in GMS in the last 14 days
Dude
>>
File: gifttest.gif (235KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gifttest.gif
235KB, 1280x1024px
>>164946935
Because I'm stupid, I guess I should look into IK for krita but again...these are just placeholders as art and animation are not my forte. Looks pretty dope though.
>>
>>164948061
>that sheer tenacity

You're gonna make it, motherfucker.
>>
File: hv9ZlL.jpg (145KB, 1047x1046px) Image search: [Google]
hv9ZlL.jpg
145KB, 1047x1046px
>tfw even though I made a ton of graphical upgrades to my demo, I don't have time to properly redeploy them
>tfw nobody is going to try my demo anyway because nobody has vives
suffering
oh well, at least I got it out
>>
>>164948061
Not him, but comments on the game:
I dig the hell out of the style. let me say that first.
With that being said... it can be VERY hard to tell what's going on at times. That's alright, but what's not alright is how confusing the HUD is. I have no idea how the life system works whatsoever, and even after playing it for 12 minutes I still don't.

With that being said, fucking awesome demo. I love it.
>>
File: 20170108045030_1.jpg (101KB, 1047x1046px) Image search: [Google]
20170108045030_1.jpg
101KB, 1047x1046px
>Power supply will be dead within a week
>Ho hum, I really sure do hope that I can get one here fast enough to avoid downtime
>get one on amazon
>Since it's over 50 ameribux it qualifies for free same day delivery
I love the future
>>
>>164942336
Another Windows XP user here.

What the fuck were you expecting?
Most game dev software doesn't run on XP anymore, no surprised the don't either.
As much as I love it I have accepted It's a dead OS and unless some really autistic chinese guy makes a huge compatibility fix, I'll have to settle for a XP themed W7. Yeah, it sucks, but complaining about it is retarded.
>>
>>164949839
Why not use linux since you're not going to be able to play games anyway
>>
>>164945887
>shouldn't your babby engines check for things like potential shader compilation errors and let your submit a fallback or turn off certain features at run time?
They do but no developer on the fucking planet will write a shader for a modern game with support for only 64 fucking arithmetic instruction slots
That's not even enough to do basic modern 3d
>>
>>164950000
Quads of truth
>>
>>164949970
Still works fine for a lot of stuff. Is not my main gaming pc anyway.
Hence why I said anon was retarded for complaining about it.

Do you like to test game in your potato OS to see if they run?
Neat, but don't expect all of them to work or the devs to care about it.
Thread posts: 783
Thread images: 130

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.