[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farm Game approach suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: game.jpg (487KB, 1900x902px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
487KB, 1900x902px
Pic related, making a 3D farm game in Unity in a minecraft like style but more dynamic.
The uneven areas can be flattened so that the player can plant seeds there, after preparing the ground to get money. Thats the key concept. What would be stuff making the game more interesting ?
>>
>>382112245
The terrain and the grass is generated, similar thing as chunks in minecraft, and the visuals are just placeholders as well as the character.
>>
Nobody wants to play another "like minecraft" game
>>
16 types of soil ranging from arid shitsand to mud, secondary products made from your harvests, the ability to play the market, some form of endgame automation
That's all I've got so far.
>>
>>382112245
Base building, hunger and combat
>>
add wives
>>
>>382112245
Add decoration items so people can make their gardens prettier. U might want add night mode so u can put some lanterns that will illuminate at night.
>>
>>382112394
well, its just the tiles and thats it.
>>382112416
yeah, thats good
>>382112443
Challenge, but also good suggestion
>>382112473
>wives
>>
>>382112495
what type of, laterns and buckets of flower types , more ?
>>
scarecrows! and pests that will eat your crops
>>
File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (30KB, 284x351px) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
30KB, 284x351px
>>382112245
Find your own unique ideas rather than make something that's just a mix of whatever's popular.
>>
>>382112715
impossible, what he needs to do is find ideas that worked really well, but are so old that people forgot about them
>>
Make sure all your base mechanics are working good and feel good. Does moving feel good and does doing the basic farming cycle feel fun and paced quickly enough for playing. For mechanics I think making a game about combining plants and needing to meet certain requirements for them to grow could be interesting. Like needing flowing water or only exposure to moonlight as easy examples.
>>
>>382112245

Economical challenges. There's got to be some kind of consistent reason to spend money or else face consequences.

Also some kind of supply/demand system for selling produce or buying supplies along with events that can raise or lower the supply/demand. This will give players clever opportunities to strive for, or cause problems that force them to adapt to the new status quo.
>>
What if you didn't sell plants and every plant was used in some way for progression. Like growing plants that produce light to grow mushrooms underground that can be used as building materials. If you wanted combat or something you could grow plants that act as sentries and soldiers. Grow plants to help with automation alongside machines for automation. Make factario with plants I guess.
>>
>>382112501
make us have a nice comfy adventure with villagers, friendships, caves, shops management and multiplayer
if you cant do that you can always just stop right now
>>
File: 1498578556304.png (2MB, 1440x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1498578556304.png
2MB, 1440x1430px
>>382112245
I'd say try to "perfect" the actual farming/harvesting mechanics and gameplay loop before moving on to finding things that stand out. The dynamic terrain seems like it could be cool asf.
Look to stardew valley, harvest moon, and farm sim 20xx to see two very different, but equally fun takes on farming.
I'd love more good comfy farming games tbqhfamalampai
>>
read everything here and noted it down. Thanks for the suggestions and keep it up
>>
Is it gonna have waifus? (This is important)

Also good for you OP im glad to see people making more comfy farming games
>>
>>382114041
you have to be able to take the village children into your barn and rape them
this is whats gonna set your game apart
just make the progress really convoluted so nobody finds out without a guide
>>
>>382112245
I hope that's a mesh.
>>
>>382114383
no, if you're talking about the terrain, these are cube prefabs
>>
>>382112245
Will you be able to just walk on this terrain or will it be constant jumping like in minecraft?
>>
>>382114952
if the slope is low enough, then not like in minecraft
>>
Dinosaurs
>>
>>382112245
extensive modding support
>>
Community/family mechanics, weather and pest threats, economic surges that cause crop value alteration eash season, animals, house and farm building customization, land purchasing, neighboring farms can be competitirs that you can run out of business, government subsidies to grow shitty crops, if you take out loans you face the threat of the bank coming to take the farm and you have the option to chase them off with a shotgun.

Add a supernatural thing to make people gossip. Chipacabra or something.
>>
>>382112501
waifus, make it comfy. Take notes from comfy games like persona and rune factory.
>>
File: be_vMw.jpg (74KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
be_vMw.jpg
74KB, 450x334px
>>382112245
>>
>>382112245
Maybe add a smart "market" system.
Like, if you're growing tobacco, add an auction system or something? idk i don't really care for minecraft games
>>
>>382112245

Where are the zombies?
>>
>>382112245
Isnt this something for the game making general at /vg/?

>>382112394
This is a valid point, there are alot and most are beta games.
If you go "i just want to try, learn and train" than its ok. But thinking you make the next minecraft could be very disappointing for you.
>>
Waifus
Comfy villages with charismatic villagers
Basically, Harvest Moon before it went to shit
>>
>>382116247
He's an indie dev, chances are he can't make characters better than in cube world, so no waifus for you.
>>
>>382116823
Then no sale for him
>>
>>382116823
I am mainly an 3D artist, usually go on /3/ only
Actually got some characters in the back of my drive, need to polish them etc.
>>382116135
good things

allright guys, if you want waifus in the game I'll try my best. Seems to attract people
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.