[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turn based hating babbies are asleep. Jrpg thread >what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 91

File: y8yeqjxuza3kewarmnhz.png (623KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
y8yeqjxuza3kewarmnhz.png
623KB, 800x450px
Turn based hating babbies are asleep.

Jrpg thread
>what are your favorites
>play any recently
>anything you looking forward to
>>
bump, let's try this again.
>>
File: Three by three jarpigs.jpg (340KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
Three by three jarpigs.jpg
340KB, 920x920px
>what are your favorites
Picture related
>play any recently
SMT: Strange Journey
Romancing SaGa 2

Funny that there are people that hate turn based JRPG's but I personally can't stand the action based ones. I could just easily play a superior action game that isn't confused about what it wants to be.
>>
File: 1481749360629.jpg (24KB, 484x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481749360629.jpg
24KB, 484x530px
Favorites- Xenogears, Grandia, Skies Of Arcadia, FF7

Playing- Tales Of Besaria
>>
Favourite JRPGS:

Romancing SaGa 2/3, Treasure of the Rudras, Live a Live, Suikoden 2, Skies of Arcadia, SMT: Strange Journey

>Recently Played

Persona 5/White Knight Chronicles

>Looking forward to

Nothing in particular but hopeful for Ni No Kuni II and DQ11
>>
File: 1475372442670.jpg (235KB, 1423x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475372442670.jpg
235KB, 1423x800px
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
FF has consistently given me what I've wanted over the years
>play any recently
Tales of Zestiria which isn't a terrible game but damn if the few before it weren't way better.
Announcement of a new Tales since they've basically turned it into a 1.5 yearly franchise. At the least we should be getting a port or remake soon if not a whole new game.

Lost Sphear looks nice. I liked the bleakness of I Am Setsuna. Nice change of pace from most other JRPGs which are like 80% "happy"

Most of my favorite franchises are dead though.
>>
I just finished Tales of Berseria like, right now.
Apparently it's a distant prequel to Zestiria.

Should I play Zestiria?
>>
Anyone remember Biolab for SaGa frontier? They were like the only guys who could hack that game.
>>
>>379136417
>but hopeful for Ni No Kuni II
Was the first one good enough to somewhat look forward to the sequel? The first one seemed... alright, and that's about it.
>>
I still have some room on my 3ds sd card, should I get Fire Emblem Awakening or Tales of the Abyss?
>>
>>379137173

If you've never played a JRPG in your life it's an incredible game. For anyone else in this thread it's a damn snooze. Not a bad game, just completely ordinary in every way gameplay wise. The music and visuals are excellent, but it's not enough to carry the lackluster experience underneath.
>>
File: coco legend of legacy.png (105KB, 894x466px) Image search: [Google]
coco legend of legacy.png
105KB, 894x466px
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
The Legend of Legacy, DeSu2RB if it counts, Pokemon SM pls no bully, Shining Force, and a bunch that I thought were JRPGs but I'm not 100% sure.
>play any recently
Playing DQIX, just got it a little while ago from a garage sale for $3. Good game.
Awaiting The Alliance Alive, Ever Oasis, and DSJ.
>>
I've been replaying the Xenosaga trilogy for the first time in years, mainly because I don't remember a single plot point from Ep 3
Just got to Proto Merkabah in Ep 1
I really like this game
>>
>>379134494
Octopath Traveler has potential to be interesting but i'm not sold yet
>>
>>379137360
What are your hopes in what they change in the sequel or what you may have seen so far?
>>
File: Take your time.gif (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Take your time.gif
1MB, 800x450px
Occasional Reminder that the Growlanser and Langrisser series are fabulous and you should play them
>>
>>379137173

I just love Studio Ghibli enough to remain hopeful that the second will be able to keep the charming aesthetic/music while improving on what the game lacked.
>>
>>379137578
Not him but they need to fix the combat. Haven't played it in years, but from what i remember the team AI is trash and i forget what else but there was more.
>>
Favourites: Lufia 2, Suikoden 2, Live a Live, Star Ocean 2, Tales of Symphonia, SMT:DDS 1+2

I'm replaying Lufia 2 right now. I know that game is objectively not that great, compared to some of the big classics, but I find it's always good for a playthrough.
>>
Turn based JRPGs are ass because they entail some of the least engaging game mechanics that video games have to offer. Endless repetitive grinding doesn't equate to in-depth game mechanics. This is the part where somebody brings up Nocturne because of how tactical player choice in combat gets in that game, but in the it's just knowledge tests that can be easily passed by basic bitch trial&error or going on GameFAQs rather than something that requires player skill.

RPGs in general are because of this the worse among video games because they focus on everything but the actual game mechanics (story, a lot of number values, etc.). Name me ONE RPG of any kind that has good game mechanics.
>>
File: 024-2.jpg (176KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
024-2.jpg
176KB, 853x480px
>Favorites
Okage, Tales of Legendia, Dragon Quest V
>Recently
Skies of Arcadia Legends
>Anticipating
Dragon Quest 11
>>
>>379138163
What are good game mechanics, what are bad game mechanics?
>>
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
Kiseki series as a whole, FFXII, Breath of Fire IV, Atelier Rorona, Lufia II
>play any recently
Atelier Sophie
Sen no Kiseki III, YoruKuni II, Atelier A19
>>
>>379138163
Grandia series plays like an action game with pausing, you have to really get a feel for your attack animations to do well
>>
>>379134494
In the future, please find a better image to use for JRPG threads.
>>
>>379134494
>Favorites
Nocturne
Final Fantasy IX
Dragon Quest VIII
>Recently
Last one I played was Persona 5 which I greatly enjoyed.
>Anticipating
Are there any notable ones coming up?
>>
Playing chrono cross for the first time. I know its disliked though so my expectations are a little low. Music is fucking great so far
>>
>>379137724
Level-5 has a great track record for improving on their IPs with the sequel. Ni No Kuni II is already looking like it will too top the first game.
>>
>>379138426

Don't listen to the naysayers, it's a great game.
>>
File: 17248656_p0.jpg (135KB, 700x583px) Image search: [Google]
17248656_p0.jpg
135KB, 700x583px
Thanks for keeping the thread alive guys, guess I'll answer my own OP.

>favorites
Earthbound, Mother 3, Breath of Fire IV, Dragon Quest VII, and Metal Max Returns
>recently
Been replaying BoFIII, It's a fantastic game ibut the pacing is pretty slow and it has some pretty boring sections in the beginning.
>looking forward to anything
Nothing really comes to mind actually.

Going to some shops this week and am thinking of getting SMT: Soul Hacker (would be my first SMT) and Metal Saga on ps2. Anyone here play either, thoughts?
>>379137520
Damn,I completely forgot about that game. I was not a fan of bravely default games so I'm skeptical, though the visuals have really drawn me in.
>>379138368
Sorry, I didn't want to use a specific game and wanted something more general, sorry for the click bait quality image.
>>
>>379134494

>Favorites
FFX, Lost Odyssey, Earthbound, Tales of the Abyss

>Playing Now
FFV, for the first time
>>
File: Asellus.jpg (39KB, 523x750px) Image search: [Google]
Asellus.jpg
39KB, 523x750px
>what are your favorites
DQV, Suikoden 2, anything with "Phantasy Star" in it, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy IV, Megami Ibunroku Persona, and Soul Hackers

>play any recently
Alternating between Vanguard Bandits and SaGa Frontier (Asellus)

Literally anything never coming to the West.

Etrian V, DQXI, DQX, DQMJ3P, latest SaGa, fan translations on ANY MegaTen game or Romancing SaGa 2. But hey, we got Caligula and Persona 4 Dancing All-Night, both of which sucked.

Thanks for your hard work Atlus USA. Please throw yourselves into a fucking fire.
>>
>>379138163
Final Fantasy Tactics
>>
>what are your favorites

Hard to say, somewhere between FFIV, Radiant Historia and SMT IV.

I'd probably go with FFIV because I love the story, music and Kain's voice gives me a huge boner on the remake.
Also fucking Rydia when she casts her stuff, the face she makes, even with low poly pixelated shit it's just best FF girl for me.
I absolutely love how they made the auto-battle thing on the remake as well. Grinding doesn't even bother me like this.

>play any recently
Just started Dragon Quest VI and I'm having a blast. Took some time to recharge my phone to shitpost on /v/
I loved the remake, played a few hours of the original on a friend's place years ago and I didn't remember much.

I just recently finished FFII GBA for the first time and boy, the music is fantastic. Best FF soundtrack fighting on equal grounds with IV, I'd say. The leveling system gets a lot of hate but it feels much nicer than fighting 800 battles for a level like every other RPG ever. Progressing with small stat increases every few fights is really nicer.

I only hope FFII gets a nice remake like III and IV did, expanding the characters some more and removing a bit of padding. I'm also cautiously optimistic for Radiant Historia on 3DS but haven't looked too much into it. I want to be surprised.
>>
File: Smtifcover.jpg (2MB, 1448x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Smtifcover.jpg
2MB, 1448x1474px
>>379138617
>tfw english patch will never get released
>>
File: 3x3 jrpg [incomplete].jpg (445KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
3x3 jrpg [incomplete].jpg
445KB, 900x900px
I still have so many games I've yet to play, but I often end up replaying my favourites rather that playing something new. I just wish I had more time to play vidya.
>>
>>379138807
>Dark Souls
>Ys
>JRPG
Why do you people do this.
>>
File: C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg (115KB, 873x709px) Image search: [Google]
C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg
115KB, 873x709px
>>379138737
>I want to be surprised.

No arguments here.
>>
>>379134494

I am kind of a pleb so...

Favorites

FFT, FF IX, CT, CC, FF VIII, VP, VP2, .hack//IMOQ, Shadow Hearts, SaGa 2, SO3, Odin Sphere.

> Play anything recently

Ni no Kuni and it was great. I have sadly picked the wrong console last gen and missed on bravely default, Xeno and Last Story. I really wanted to play those.

> Looking forward

I have yet to play I am Setsuna, the new one from the devs, Valkyrie chronicles and Child of light and i am marginally interested on both Ni no kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI...
>>
>>379138163
>Name me ONE RPG of any kind that has good game mechanics.

This is subjective. I can turn it around on you and say no NON-RPG has good mechanics because RPG elements are the only thing that make for good game mechanics.
>>
>>379138890
>role playing game
>made in japan
>not jrpg

u wot m8?
>>
>>379138617
>Romancing SaGa 2
Lots of people mentioning this game in this thread which is rather surprising. I played it on android and it's really really good, I might even like it more than Minstrel Song. Kawazu is still promising an English release on Vita so don't give up hope.
>>
File: 51709994_p0.jpg (2MB, 1770x880px) Image search: [Google]
51709994_p0.jpg
2MB, 1770x880px
>>379138617
Holy fuck, I forgot to say how hyped I am for DQXI.

I'm in a shitty place though. I only have a 3ds and the ps4 version looks so much better obviously. I heard a switch port seems likely, I dont have one but probably will get it eventually, so I hopefully that becomes an option.

features like having monsters to ride and even having races with them really excites me. It seems like after sitting on the success of DQX for so long they're really going all out with features in DQXI.
>>
>>379134494
I played disgaea 5 demo on switch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it worth the $60 tho?
>>
File: 147998003994.png (191KB, 649x314px) Image search: [Google]
147998003994.png
191KB, 649x314px
>>379138997
>>379138890
threads over, lets go home folks
>>
>>379138997
>Dark Souls
>RPG
Why do people do this?
>>
>>379138282
Good game mechanics entails a lot of tactical player choice. If you make an extended form of possible player choice in an RPG battle, it's far more limited compared to one for even a tiny section of say...a platforming game or an action game. While the earlier might appear more complex due to the numbers involved with level, stats, etc. the actual actions taken by the player are far more limited where as the actions taken by the player in the latter are far more numerous.

>>379138334
It will still have nonsense grinding that can take away player skill. Or in this game's case, only grinding your magic/weapons since the game's already way too easy.

>>379138646
Being an SRPG/TRPG, it's more strategic options are what put it above the average RPG. But it really doesn't expand on that aspect of the game as much as leveling your characters and trying to cop those endgame overpowered classes that make everything easy as hell.

>>379138975
Not really because RPG elements literally remove player agency in terms of game mechanics since those mechanics usually become abstractions that exist in some kind of statistical numerical form instead (ex. having a dodge stat instead of the player actively dodging.)
>>
File: Edge-pds.jpg (29KB, 450x354px) Image search: [Google]
Edge-pds.jpg
29KB, 450x354px
>>379134494
Thoughts on this JRPG?
Personally I really like the mechanic of going into safe spots and constantly moving to get a good attack in.
>>
>>379138890
JRPG is a very loosely defined term. I've even seen things like Valkyria Chronicles classified as JRPGs. Don't worry too much about the definition, it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>379139065

It's got a lot of content, but I'd still wait for $40 or less
>>
>>379139135
>dark souls
>game

Why do you people do this?
>>
I am a pleb and have never played any of the SaGa games. I assume Minstrel Song is a good place to start?
>>
File: Hydro_Man.jpg (160KB, 382x381px) Image search: [Google]
Hydro_Man.jpg
160KB, 382x381px
>>379138890
>>379138997
Fuck you, we were having a nice discussion before you two shitbirds came along.
>>
File: NUT.jpg (68KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
NUT.jpg
68KB, 680x671px
>>379136020
>ogre battle 64
MY FUCKING NIGGA. Game deserved a sequal, shit is so fun and extremely replayable
>>
>>379138997
op said turn-based tho
>>
Favorite are suikoden 2, earth bound/mother 3, the chrono games, persona 4, and ff7.

Recently, I finally got around to playing undertale (I know, not technically Japanese, but clearly emulating that style). I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it honestly.

Going to go through persona 5 and tales of berseria when my hours stop being so insane at work.
>>
>>379134494
>>what are your favorites
I really like Xenoblade Chronicles and SMT.
>>play any recently
I've been playing Tales of Symphonia, the gameplay is really fun and I like the characters but this plot is so goddamn stupid
>>anything you looking forward to
Need to get a Playstation for Persona 5
>>
>>379139210
Thanks for the answer my good man
>>
>>379138737
If you enjoyed Final Fantasy II you should check out the series that came out of it, the SaGa series. It eventually gets stat gains down even better than Final Fantasy II. The same guy is behind both.
>>
>>379139158
I'm 3 disks in. The battle system is quite unique but in general it's rather obvious where you want to move and how you want to attack. Although it looks impressive there's not a lot of tactics involved, it's quite simple. Random battles in particular are a chore to play.
The setting is nice but the story and writing aren't particularly impressive from what I can tell.

Does the gameplay improve near the end? Does the story end well? I'm not sure if I should finish this.
>>
>Top 5:
FFI: Dawn of Souls
Shining in the Darkness
FFV
Pokemon Crystal
Strange Journey
>>
File: 1473085606599.jpg (36KB, 252x238px) Image search: [Google]
1473085606599.jpg
36KB, 252x238px
Close to beating Nocturne but I'm itching to play some first-person crawlan JRPG, what are some good ones?

Already played Soul Hackers, Strange Journey and the EO series
>>
>>379139138
>Not really because RPG elements literally remove player agency in terms of game mechanics since those mechanics usually become abstractions that exist in some kind of statistical numerical form instead (ex. having a dodge stat instead of the player actively dodging.)

Yes but I prefer that. Most people in this thread probably do. It's more of a simulation which is fine.

You seem to make an important point in your other posts that gets to the heart of why we like turnbased.

You mention grinding. I'm going to delve deeper into that and say that skill development and the rewards you reap from scouring towns, dungeons, and fighting enemies that go into preperation are where the real heart of gameplay exists in a JRPG.

It's just like playing Yu-gi-oh or any other CCG; a lot of the fun comes from preparing your deck before you engage in the game. In fact having played on Dueling Network for years before its shut-down I'd say that's where most of my fun was coming from.

Same with JRPGs, combat is fun, but a solid skill development system and a game that has extrinsic rewards for doing stuff outside of combat is golden. If you want player agency builds and setups are where you'll find it
>>
>>379139293
It is a great game. I am often drawn to more experimental games personally. I liked tinkering with units and such, especially if I can get spell combos on them.
>>
I mostly played FF games, but I just started playing Persona 3, how fucked am I?
>>
File: THE TIGHTEST.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
THE TIGHTEST.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
If you havent played tales of the drunken paladin you go do that shit RIGHT NOW
>>
>>379139314
Actually no, the OP didn't specify that only turn based JRPGs could be posted. He only implied that turn based hater would not post. Additionally, the OP image is of a game that uses an ATB system rather than pure turn based.

What do you guys think of ATB? I think it's a load of bullshit. It's basically the worst of both worlds as the time pressure only enforces the most basic simplistic non-strategical gameplay. On the other hand, RTwP is top tier.
>>
>>379139689
It's a good starting point. It's a really good game, but they fix a lot of the shittier game mechanics in 4 and 5 that make it kind of excruciating to go back to it later.
>>
>>379139689
Not too bad. Focus on getting a large variety of elemental coverage spells in your Personas and you'll be fine. Also set all party members to direct control.
>>
File: frends.gif (16KB, 141x100px) Image search: [Google]
frends.gif
16KB, 141x100px
>>379136020
hybrid heaven

you know your shit
>>
File: pxpk_ff4hol_1.jpg (750KB, 3507x2480px) Image search: [Google]
pxpk_ff4hol_1.jpg
750KB, 3507x2480px
Been thinking of giving 4 Heroes of Light another go. There's just something about the world and artstyle that's so inviting to me.

Other than that, I've been playing through Persona 4 Golden for the first time (I already know the twists, so don't bother spoiling for me). Thinking of giving Wild Arms a proper go soon, since I've never gotten too far in it.
>>
>>379139861
>Persona 3
>Direct control
LOL
>>
>>379139434
Recently finished Xenoblade for the first time and it is easily one of the best games I've ever played
>>
Do Radiant Historia, Etrian Oddystey, and Glory of Heracules have anything in common? I never played any of them but I seem to get them mixed up a lot.
>>
>>379139784
The true "worst of both worlds" is Dragon Age: Origins or Final Fantasy XII bullshit.

ATB isn't terrible, it's practically a turn-based game if you set it to WAIT
>>
>>379140012

P3P lets you do that
>>
>>379139579
You could try SMT1 and SMT2. Also the Phantasy Star series is well known.
>>379139784
OP here, you got me but I did intend more classic stuff like DQ, I didn't want debates of what is and isn't a jrpg.

Anyways I never really liked ATB. I never felt like it added any strategy to anything really, though the only game I have completed with it is CT. I have never been able to complete a FF title so maybe I'm biased.
>>379139956
How good is this exactly? I often see it for cheap but I hear somewhat mixed things on it. Would you say its a niche thing? Seems cool from what I know though.
>>
>>379139784
I think ATB can be good if it takes full advantage of the different mechanics it allows. For example, different speed stats and speed manipulation. Also, setting it to wait removes the time pressure.
>>
>>379139784
Top tier is turn-based, like Persona or FFX since you can plan actions in advance, and always know exactly when you must prepare and when you can go all out.

Middle tier is ATB, for the reasons you listed; removes strategy in favor of very, very light elements of timing.

Bottom tier round-based like early Final Fantasy or most Dragon Quest due to dice rolls, but this can still be enjoyable.
>>
>>379139529
as bizarro as this list is you're not wrong
>>
File: 1496349862648m.jpg (141KB, 1024x973px) Image search: [Google]
1496349862648m.jpg
141KB, 1024x973px
>>379138737
>SMTIV

Good enough excuse to post this
>>
>>379139648
>It's more of a simulation which is fine.
But not as close of a simulation as non-RPGs. In fact, video games kinda specialize in being able to take simulations past mere abstractions, yet idk why people like RPGs (aka abstractions: the genre.)

The problem with making game mechanics be centered on that preparation aspect is that it can only go so far. It's a much more easily solved game despite the potential numbers involved.

YGO is both a great and terrible example at the same time depending on what you're looking at. That game is the best when it isn't mired in an easily solvable game (old school Chaos, Dragon Rulers, etc. metas that had more open ended tactics vs the Nekroz meta where you had one main kinda long combo that would guarantee OTK or almost OTK provided you go second.)

Things like pre battle preparation in JRPGs or deckbuilding a Nekroz back in 2014 were things that consumed time/money rather than tested play skill.
>>
>>379140415
Forgot to mention, RTwP is trash tier, in my opinion. All the faults of ATB except the entire world pausing when you open a menu is even more jarring than characters just standing around waiting for their turns.
>>
>>379140012
I never had any problems with AI in P3, though. Did people just overlook Tactics menu existed or something?
>>
>>379139529
Gen 2 was not that great. The level scaling is god awful, the pokemon selection is just the same ten kanto pokemon with nearly every johto pokemon being in a specific location, and while impressive both johto and kanto feel lackluster. They're good games but best is pushing it.

Gen 5 is the best pokemon has to offer. Bullshit anime plot aside it has the best of just about everything.
>>
>>379140521
HOY
O
Y
>>
File: sad furoggu_face.jpg (40KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
sad furoggu_face.jpg
40KB, 399x388px
>>379134494
>all this Suikoden in the thread
>Suikoden VI never ever
>>
>>379140096
>>379140313
>>379140316
If you set it to wait it's not ATB anymore. That's what I'd do if I had to play a game with ATB, and I think it's a much better system. I like how actions take different amounts of time to complete / to recover from, and I like how each character fills their gauges at different speeds, etc. But those things don't make a battle system ATB. The whole idea behind ATB is that the player has a time pressure to choose their moves which makes battles more 'exciting' but I'd much rather have an ARPG that tasks positioning and stuff during combat than a game where the 'execution' is simply selecting options from a menu. I think the 'time pressure' doesn't mesh well with JRPGs, it's better for a JRPG to challenge the player by having complex combat and making the player think about the optimal move.

The only game that actually made proper use of ATB was FFX-2, I think, since there was some sort of comboing that required timing.
>>
>>379140415
I'm pretty sure I'm retarded but what the fuck is the difference between turn based and "round based" exactly? I really don't get what you're saying.
>>
>>379140545
A lot of JRPG enjoyment comes from the satisfaction of progression. I enjoy games where the joy of progress comes from me getting better as a player, but it's also nice to have games where my character gets numerically, demonstrably better. I enjoy mid-game in JRPGs where you start finding really cool kit, and your characters start becoming powerhouses. It's hard to describe, but it's a simple return on time investment that's reliable and predictable. JRPGs are my video game comfort food in that way.
>>
>>379134494
>Favorite
Final Fantasy Tactics. Unless we're discounting the tacical sub-genre in which case Chrono Trigger? Or like... Lunar?

>Play recently
Persona 5 obviously. Most fans of jrpgs should be trying P5 out.

>Looking forward to
I don't keep up on game releases too much. Any good suggestions /v/?

Word of warning: I'm an oldfag that actually likes talking about games rather than shit posting.
>>
File: unnamed.png (154KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
154KB, 300x300px
>>379136417
It is my greatest regret that Romancing SaGa didn't inspire more what are essentially sandbox JRPG and always remained a tight niche.
>>
>>379137661
seconded, Only have played Growlanser 2, but really liked it.

Legit fuck Hans though, that nigga was irritating as fuck.
>>
File: 1464648263813.jpg (79KB, 419x410px) Image search: [Google]
1464648263813.jpg
79KB, 419x410px
>>379134494
The best
>>
>>379140769
>The only game that actually made proper use of ATB was FFX-2
FFIV and FFV. It got fucked up after that because they stopped pausing the timer during animations.
>>
>>379141024
Half way through it. Pretty fun so far, even if I have some qualms mechanically (your special joint attacks just seem better than everything else, so why not spam them every turn?)
>>
>>379140681
Even with the tactics menu, there were still a ton of problems.
>AI basically never used AoE healing spells
>Can't prioritize buffs over healing
>No choice of what order the AI casts buffs in
>Mitsuru wasting turns with mind charge/marin karin
>MC takes a crit,, can't change tactics this turn
>>
Playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant. It's good so far but sometimes the game has moments where I just ask why, why this. Still undecided on it.
>>
>>379140814
Turn based is where you input moves for Character A, then Character A does his move, and it moves to you inputting Character B's move. It's like ATB, but without any of the pseudo-real-time elements. Every character has a distinct turn that begins and ends without any chance of another character interfering with it.

Round based is where you input your whole party's commands for the round at once, then the game rolls RNG to see what order your party and the enemies take their turns within the round (usually speed factors into the roll, but it isn't completely reliable, making it somewhat of a crapshoot to plan out a round). Once the round starts, you can do nothing but watch it play out, and only get to respond to it at the start of the next round.
>>
>>379136020
I despise turn based JRPG's, but I really like thise that break the mold or are just charming in another way. I just started SMT aSJ myself for the first time and am enjoying the cRPG feel to it. Other games I enjoy despite my general dislike for the genre are Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun and Superstar Saga. Also, FFV. A cool job system carries it a long way.
>>
>>379140831
But it's an almost...communistic ROI because it can never go above nor below. It's that lack of incentivization that just doesn't make these games engaging to me.
>>
>>379141079
Because Suikodens are not balanced. If you want to make an OP party comprised of only the best characters you absolutely can. Or you can have Tuta and Freed Y in your party.
>>
>>379140837
> I'm an oldfag

Deep Strange Journey for 3ds should be for you. It's a remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey on DS. It's a tough first person dungeon crawler turn-based rpg with a cool premise and setting. It really surprised me going in uninitiated. Comes out later this year.
>>
>>379140865
It is my regret that I didn't find anything like SaGa until Legend of Legacy and now all the SaGa fans are telling me I'll somehow dislike it after trying SaGa. Considering MS.
>>
>>379134494
bravely default
currently playing FF3/VI on my vita
getting raped by the train
ffxii remake, never finished the original version though I quite enjoyed what I played of it
>>
File: legendoflegacy_pick.jpg (424KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
legendoflegacy_pick.jpg
424KB, 800x480px
>>379141235
>Legend of Legacy

Because it's really SaGa-lite and too diluted.
>>
>>379140697
I think people's favourite Pokémon game is determined by nostalgia instead of how good the game is (which would explain why my favourite one is Diamond)
>>
>>379141246
Undead enemies die instantly from a phenix down, it kills the train in one hit.
>>
File: growlanser iv gameplay2.png (445KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
growlanser iv gameplay2.png
445KB, 600x340px
>>379140557
I see RTwP as the natural evolution of turn based combat for games that take place on a battle map. If it auto-pauses when you need to input a new action, it essentially functions the same as a turn based game in which characters have speeds and attacks require recovery time & etc. Except that rather than being forced to move in large chunks of the map, it's a lot more fluid and you can interrupt commands so you have a lot more control over your characters and it feels more intuitive.
>>
>>379141370
Nah, at least not for me. My first was actually sapphire and I can still acknowledge that gen 5 is just better.
>>
>>379141347
Alliance Alive looks to be better.
>>
>>379141418
I feel like that's almost cheating, but the train is fucking me up so I will use it. Thanks!
>>
>>379141547
>not suplexing the train
>>
>>379141175
Sounds like you like turn based JRPGs and have fairly low standards. What are some games in the genre that you disliked?
>>
>>379141229
Thanks bro, appreciate the rec. I'll check it out.
>>379141219
Yeah, I get that. I'm fine with it. Just seems kinda weird because they're SO good, and you get them all SO early.
>>
>>379141603
Is that a blitz skill? I don't think I have it yet.
>>
>>379141347
From how people described SaGa, I prefer Legend of Legacy. No quests or NPCs, tough battles with anti- grinding that doesn't punish the player but prevents them from becoming too strong. SaGa apparently has more dialogue and quests, so it's not seeming too appealing but I am considering it. I still don't believe it's "lite" anything.
>>
>>379141213
It's not to everyone's taste. I enjoy taking what the game gives me and twinking my characters within those constraints. I tend to lose interest in games with overly linear progression; there has to be some measure of thoughtful optimization when it comes to building my characters, whether it be a job class system, a diverse set of characters with complimenting skillsets, or a very diverse set of skills that can't all be learned at once.

What I like about RPGs is planning out my characters, using what the game gives me to grow into those builds. It's like people who pore over D&D splat books planning out characters; they're just piecing together pre-written equipment, spells, feats, etc. but those decisions feel meaningful because it shapes your character. You're making decisions that have consequences long-term. The best video game RPGs capture that feeling. The worst ones just give you characters and tell you to level them up to get cool abilities on a set progression track.
>>
File: tumblr_mw01slxcif1r29dxeo4_500.gif (994KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw01slxcif1r29dxeo4_500.gif
994KB, 500x373px
>>379141649
Pretty sure you start with it. Check the status screen.
>>
>>379141347
How so? It feels VERY similar to some of the first SaGa titles, almost back to when it was still FF. It's not diluted, it's outdated.
>>
How is Dragon Quest 7? I've always wanted to play it since I was a kid and my mom wouldn't buy it for me cause it said alcohol use on the back. Thanks ESRB :^)
>>
File: 064.gif (232KB, 680x667px) Image search: [Google]
064.gif
232KB, 680x667px
>>379141649
Yeah, i don't remember when you get it though. The game allows you to suplex the train for some reason
>>
Is Wild ARMs 4 and 5 worth playing?

I really liked the first two, and the third is probably one of my favorite RPGs, but I started 4 and I couldn't go beyond the prologue. Even by the moment the intro cutscene started, I was already doubting the quality of the game compared to the previous ones. So I don't know if I just keep going with this one or move on to the next one.

On a related note, why are the intros for the first three games so fucking good? Especially the US versions of 2's and 3's
>>
>>379141426
I just dislike it because it emphasizes optimized real-time movements through the maps, which is not what I play RPGs for.

>>379141792
This picture bugs me so much.
>Edgar and Locke present at Phantom Train fight
>selecting Suplex from a menu
>characters standing still facing the train, not running away
You can tell the artist is just cashing in on the meme, not making a comic based on a memory of a game they actually have any strong memories of.
>>
>>379141743
Damn, I do have that and one other skill I didn't know about.
>>
>>379137356
That's a tough choice, just look up some gameplay and get what you think looks better
>>
Studies have shown that turn based games develop ADHD in the players.
>>
>>379141603
>play Mortal Kombat as a kid lots
>never understood rolling inputs in Street Fighter
>try to dial-a-combo the blitzes and it works like 10% of the time

Was mind-blowing when I realized how to do dragon punches and shit years later and saw that FFVI wanted THOSE kinds of inputs as an homage to classic 2D fighters
>>
>>379141675
Then go play PnP RPGs because they are not at all limited to this kind of stuff unlike video games. GURPs, FATE with all its splat books, or Rolemaster will give you far more things to worry about in terms of optimizing characters than any video game can feasibly offer.
>>
>>379134494
Give me reason for an rpg where everything is fantasy but instead of using violence forces settle down things by playing sports instead.
>>
>>379141175
FFV isn't carried only by its job system. It has some of the best encounter and boss design in the series, its equipment system is pretty damn good for the time, progression is fast and smooth without being braindead, and the dungeons are pretty decent. Certainly never got fucking old the way going to the Magitek factory or half of the dungeons in FFVII did.
>>
>>379141790
My personal favorite DQ game and one of my favorite games in general.

Though if you have never played a DQ maybe try another, VIII is well liked and is pretty easy. DQVII is infamous for its length, takes 100-120 hours on average. Around 20 hours in you get a job system which is really fun. It has a really fun cast and the game has a kind of episodic system, it's a lot of fun and well worth the time.
>>
>>379141943
That picture is trash, it was just the first train suplex pic i could find
>>
File: Elminage Gothic.jpg (306KB, 1440x816px) Image search: [Google]
Elminage Gothic.jpg
306KB, 1440x816px
>>379141675
>What I like about RPGs is planning out my characters, using what the game gives me to grow into those builds.

Sadly, this rarely happens these days in JRPG. You gotta go into dungeon crawlers for that.
>>
>>379142013
Too bad you get retards breathing down your neck when you do that.

>HURR DURR YOUR CHARACTER ISN'T SHIT PEASANT DIRT FARMER BAD YUO ARE NOT ROLEPLAYER
>>
Everyone remembers Xenogears for its story, but the combat was rock solid. One of the best Turn Based systems there was.
>>
File: DQ7_disc2.jpg (68KB, 355x528px) Image search: [Google]
DQ7_disc2.jpg
68KB, 355x528px
>>379141790
>Dragon Quest 7

Long with tons of backtracking. 3DS version apparently tidied it up a bit, though.
>>
>>379137356
Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the least enjoyable RPGs I've played. Only get it if you like training up you characters and you're the sort of person who likes thinking about how your party members interact with eachother (and even then you might want to stay away because the writing is nothing special). As far as gameplay goes the game is mechanically busted and the map design is beyond awful. If you're expecting some strategizing or anything like that you'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>379134494
>>play any recently
Picture related
>>
>>379138163
/thread
Worst case scenario they don't even need knowledge, just basic attack/attack/attack shit.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (360KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
360KB, 1280x720px
>>379142202
Hello I'm a faggot who forgets his pictures
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (23KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
23KB, 680x447px
>>379136020
>>379136926
>>379138617
>Saga Frontier
You guys know what's up.

Been playing Saga Frontier 2 lately.
Like 1 more, but I haven't played both of them in like a decade and wanna save the first game for later.
Bought them just a big ago, it was worth spending the bit extra to get copies of them in good condition, they're both almost as good as new.
Real happy about that.

I would have bought them for cheaper on psn if square would have released the fucking games on it.
>>
>>379142026
Once they make a Dog Days RPG adaptation I'll let you know
>>
>>379142013
I do play and absolutely love tabletop RPGs, but it's difficult to get my friends together to play games more than a couple times a month, if that. And there are things video games offer that tabletop can't; copious side content, extensive world building and pre-planned story arcs, music, production values, etc. Like I said before RPGs are just comfort food for me. I play other kinds of games when I want to challenge myself as a player. Sometimes it's really satisfying to just see bars fill, to earn a thing you've been working toward, to be rewarded in a concrete, numerical way for time/effort in. It scratches the same itch as a character finally leveling into a build I've planned in a tabletop game, but available when I have fuckall else to do after an exhausting day at work. I don't really know how else to explain it, and if you don't get it now, nothing else I say is really going to make you see it.

>>379142110
Yeah. I feel like lower budget RPGs, mostly on handhelds, still do a bit of this, but not as much as I wish they would.
>>
>>379138163
Chess is ass because it entails some of the least engaging game mechanics that board games have to offer. Endless waiting between turns doesn't equate to in-depth game mechanics

Someone else finish this
>>
>>379142431
>Dog Days
Is it any good?
>>
>>379142049
VIII is another one I wanted to try since I didn't have a ps2 till much later. Maybe I'll do VIII then VII
>>379142184
The youthful mystery of it all wont let me play the 3ds version, but I really like ps1 era games so it should be fine
>>
>>379142148
It's unfortunate that people don't realize that PnP RPGs can do more than just one thing. Some people love that going through dungeons creating characters that progress in stats n shit, others just wanna roleplay.
>>
>>379137356
As a huge fan of SRPGs, I was intensely disappointed by FE:A. The combat is pretty shallow, based heavily on dice rolls, and the main draw of the huge roster coupled with the permadeath mechanic means that everyone's roll in the story is minimal and nobody gets any development at all. I can't speak to Tales of the Abyss, but I'd stay away from FE unless you like incredibly shallow waifu romance mechanics
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-04_05-53-48.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-04_05-53-48.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>what are your favorites
kiseki/trails series in general, Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest
>play any recently
I finsihed Zero no Kiseki earlier today. No, not the shitty english patch that just released, I'd been playing through it in moonrunes for a month. Before that I'd finished Trails in the Sky - the 3rd, and before that Persona 5. I'm gonna take a jRPG break for a little bit before moving on to Ao no Kiseki.
Sen no Kiseki III, finally getting around to SaGa: Scarlet Grace.
>>
File: 5b49cb429cfe279500273a91f8306ebe.jpg (670KB, 1250x846px) Image search: [Google]
5b49cb429cfe279500273a91f8306ebe.jpg
670KB, 1250x846px
>>379134494
Can you recommend me some pre-PS3 JRPGs that I can enjoy without being a nostalgiafag? I hated most FF games, but really liked Chrono Trigger. Also played Trails in the Sky, Valkyrie Profile and all PS2 SMT.
>>
>>379139487
Shit man I'd fucking love to play it, but I can't for the love of me pirate Romancing Saga 2 for the Android it never fucking works.
Should I emulate another one? How do they hold up?
>>
File: Drama1-booklet3.jpg (423KB, 2000x981px) Image search: [Google]
Drama1-booklet3.jpg
423KB, 2000x981px
>>379142565
Eh

The affection you have for cute girl doggos will influence your enjoyment highly
>>
>>379142716
Xenogears.
>>
>>379142509
>copious side content, extensive world building and pre-planned story arcs
...what?
>>
>>379139784
>It's basically the worst of both worlds
No, real-time with pause is the worst of both worlds, ATB is the second worst of both worlds.
>>
>>379140316
Child of Light did the best out of ATB with the cast times and interruption mechanics.
I wish more games copied that.
>>
>>379142594
VIII is pretty beginner friendly, it is more streamlined and easier then most other DQ games. Though DQV is also good for a beginner.
>>
File: 1452736962282.jpg (258KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1452736962282.jpg
258KB, 900x675px
>>379142716
>I hated most FF games, but really liked Chrono Trigger.

That's a bit of a contradiction though so you'll have to tell us why

Is it because FF is hyped up and you played it and it couldn't live up to all that?

Which ones did you play that you hated?
>>
>>379142684
This, I'll be 100% honest I never have and never will get the hype behind Fire Emblem in general. It has always felt like a very oversimplified take on the SRPG/TRPG genre.
>>
>>379142871
This. Real time with pause just fucking ruins the game's flow with on-demand forced turn shit. It's all over the place and feels amateur even with triple A shit doing it.
>>
>>379142716
Grandia
Emulate the PSX version
Skip the sequels, they're trash
>>
File: bof4-14.png (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bof4-14.png
54KB, 320x240px
>there will never be a combat system as good as BoFIV's combat system
Why even live?

>>379142921
Not him but I am the same. I have tried three FF titles and dropped all of them but love CT.
>>
>>379136020
>favorites
Xenogears, Nier, Nier: Automata, Final Fantasy Tactics
>played recently
Nier: Automata
>looking forward to
I don't know, are there any I should be looking forward to? Automata was the first good weebshit I've had in quite some time and I miss it.
>>
>>379139784
RTwP is shit. ATB with pause while in menus is ok. Turn based with the ability to pass your turn to go after the next person in the queue is the best
>>
>>379143087
Fascinating. Chrono Trigger is usually the suggestion I give to FF fans that never tried it, and I usually tell CT fans that never played FF to give VI or IV a chance
>>
>>379138163
Real-time JRPGs are ass because they entail some of the least engaging game mechanics that video games have to offer. Endless repetitive grinding doesn't equate to in-depth game mechanics. This is the part where somebody brings up Dark Souls because of how tactical player choice in combat gets in that game, but in the it's just knowledge tests that can be easily passed by basic bitch trial&error or going on GameFAQs rather than something that requires player skill.
>>
I dropped Coldsteel, I liked sky but having plot stuff happening just to get a timsekip and back to highschool was way too annoying.
>>
>>379143215
IV and VI were two of three I tried, VII as well. In IV I got to a bit after Cecil became a paladin and in VI I dropped it at the world of ruin TWICE in two seoerate playthroughs. I think FF just isn't for me.
>>
File: penelo smug.jpg (779KB, 1500x2121px) Image search: [Google]
penelo smug.jpg
779KB, 1500x2121px
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
Mostly tactical RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. Out of the class style JRPG I guess I like SMT, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, and Suikoden.

I tried Ys, Tales of, and Trails in the Sky but they don't really gel with me for some reason.

>play any recently
Playing FF15 (finally, half a year later) as we speak but it's a mixed bag. I expected Nomura to actually know the core feeling of Final Fantasy since he's worked on it in various positions of authority since like 5, but all he's got in this game are very granular details that don't sum up to an FF game.

SMT on the Switch might be good but I don't have a Switch yet. Atlus' new fantasy-style RPG might be good too but there's next to no information on it, so I'll be cautious for now
>>
>>379142921
Why can't he like CT and hate FF? They're very different games, especially modern ff.
>>
>>379143362
inb4 XV-kun shows up and ruins all the good discussion going on in this thread
>>
>>379142864
>side content
In a computer game, you can dick around and enjoy the world at your own pace. If you want to spend time on sidequests and shit, you can do so without annoying your party members. You can set your own pace, soak in the experience, repeat content etc.

>extensive world building
Unless you get lucky, your GM is probably not a writer and probably doesn't have a world planned out beyond what is absolutely necessary for the campaign to work. I like exploring fantasy settings, which RPGs can do through optional dialogue and stuff. Exploring a setting through the clues left by a developer is more engaging than just being told what is necessary to know by a GM.

>pre-planned story arcs
By necessity, a GM can't have the ending to his story set in stone if your GM is any good, anyway; the players are part of the story, and will inevitably change what was planned. In a video game, you get a written story, beginning to end, with planned themes, character arcs, set-ups and payoffs, etc. Being part of an interactive story tailored to you is obviously great, but so is being told a complete story without any shifting parts. Both experiences are worthwhile.
>>
>>379143454
if such a person arrives, I apologize ahead of time for triggering him
>>
File: grandia.jpg (223KB, 780x766px) Image search: [Google]
grandia.jpg
223KB, 780x766px
>>379143062
It's funny/disappointing how the first one had such a good story that went against a number of tropes, but the sequel dived head first into a swimming pool of tropes, cliches and predictable plot points.
Sure the main character makes fun of said things, but the jokes don't carry much weight when the game itself is unironically using said things to the point that the whole game is painfully predictable.

And the rest of the games don't much improve on this.
What happened?
>>
No love for Legend of Legaia? That was my jam growing up.
>>
Cyber Sleuth,

Frankly, it's pretty terrible. Plot is pants on head retarded doesn't actually start until like 60% of the way through the game. The developers clearly have no idea what a detective actually does. It's also overly grindy.

no idea why it's so popular.
>>
File: we wuz wizards n' shiet.jpg (59KB, 849x513px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz wizards n' shiet.jpg
59KB, 849x513px
>jrpg babbies calling anyone else babbies
>>
>>379143470
>what are modules
>>
>>379134494
Tons, but SaGas in particular. VP1 is my favorite game though

Disgaea 5 and persona 5 and some mobile games that are basically jrpgs.

Not really. I want Monhun XX and I'd like scarlet grace localized but it won't happen. So now its backlog time.

That said I've been getting a SaGa itch too since I haven't played one in a while. I also want to make something like an introspective video on the series on youtube to inform non-fans about the series, but I doubt anybody but fans would watch it defeating the purpose.
>>
File: 250px-BoFIVBox.png (157KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-BoFIVBox.png
157KB, 250x250px
I've been posting it quite a bit lately but I can't get over how good BoFIV was. It had its fair share of flaws but no game has hooked me like it has in awhile. Its gameplay, soundtrack, characters, story, and art just amazed me.

Would love to hear thoughts on it.
>>
I hate turn based game.
>>
>>379143645
>enters thread for something he doesn't like
>complains about the people he doesn't have to interact with
Autism
>>
>>379143714
Tried playing it for the first time recently. I loved a lot of it, the graphical style especially, but nothing about the combat or character progression really stood out to me. Also, fuck every one of the mini-games. Story seemed alright, but I have a personal dislike for silent protagonists, so that turned me off.
>>
File: 1463652487380.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463652487380.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>379142921
Didn't like the gameplay and characters in most of them. I only played 4, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 and I guess I only hated 8, 9 and 12 since PS1 games have long ass animations in combat and you can play 12 with just your left stick. Couldn't finish 4 and 6 because I just lost any interest. 10 was all right though and I actually beat it.
I was also reluctant to play CT because of ATB, but the combat with no transition was fine, also animations and dual/triple tech were really cool.
>>
>>379143997
I hate to say it anon, but I have no idea what the fuck to make of your taste.
>>
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel or Chrono Trigger, /v/?
>>
>>379142357
>got brand new sealed copies of both in flawless jewel cases not too long ago
>and sealed copies of unlimited and romsaga ps2
>louisiana flood happens

RIP that stuff. more sad about those than most other losses
>>
>>379143772
damn, they woke up
>>
>>379140004
I love this game, but it's definitely got rough gameplay in a few places. However, it's worth playing for the music and art alone, imo.
>>
>>379143823
how can jrpg shitters be so ignorant?
>>
File: _20170605_021349.jpg (234KB, 612x1212px) Image search: [Google]
_20170605_021349.jpg
234KB, 612x1212px
>>379143626
>plot is pants on head retarded

Can't be worse than Drakengard 2. Pic related if you haven't played it
>>
File: 8868925_p0.jpg (1MB, 1680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
8868925_p0.jpg
1MB, 1680x1020px
>>379143876
I loved the combat. Switching characters on the fly was a lot of fun and made for deeper strategy. The combo system is also nice and pretty deep. I will admit though it is pretty easy.

I really don't remember there being that many minigames, they seemed few and far between. As for the story that is pretty personal. Fou Lu's arc was really unique in my opinion, not being really a hero or villain really. The characters themself don't really develope much, besides Cray who has arguably the most developement in the series, but the cast was still great and worked well.
>>
>>379143434
CTs ATB works the same as FF4-9s does, just because the layout looks different doesn't mean it functions different.
>>
>>379143997
Shit man I'm probably not cut out to make suggestions for you then. I would have no idea what to give you with that overview since the only game you like in your initial post that I've played was CT
>>
>>379144145
Definitely. It's a game you have to meet halfway to enjoy, possibly more. But I feel it really captured the spirit of old school NES-era JRPGs in a way that a lot of throwback games don't.
>>
File: 54885299_p0.png (1MB, 1000x1034px) Image search: [Google]
54885299_p0.png
1MB, 1000x1034px
>>379143532
Anon, you can't fool me. Grandia 2 is amazing.
>>
>>379144170
Still not even half as stupid as the first game.
>Let's doom the world because my brother knows I want to fuck him
>>
>>379141651
more dialogue and quests isn't that much more considering how fucking little there is in LoL. Regular jrpg fans tend to think SaGa doesn't have nearly enough of either and if you've played LoL you know how barebones it was. Lite also refers to its combat, it's far less in depth than SaGas despite using a similar system. It really is more akin to SaGa1/FFL1 but with only humans and one less party member. Which was not a good thing considering when it came out. I enjoyed it but it's not a game I would replay, while i replay Sagas often.
>>
File: gb2n.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gb2n.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>379134494
>favorites
Kiseki, Ys, Mother 3, Persona
>recently
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
>looking forward to
More Kiseki localizations and Xenoblade Chronicles 2
>>
>>379143997
>since PS1 games have long ass animations in combat
If you play on an emulator you can hit a key to increase the game speed to as fast as your CPU can handle to "skip" some of the animations
>>
>>379144064
Why? Because I liked 10 or because I didn't like every other?
>>379144286
I'm curious about Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time and Breath of Fire IV and some anons above praised BoF, so I'll try it.
>>
>>379144628
>good taste with ys and mother 3
>lowering yourself to play nep shit
Buddy, you're better then this, don't do this.
>>
Best jrpgs are the ones with a ton of mechanics under the hood like Saga series and last remnant.
>>
>>379144170
>>379144514
>i now want to play a series because of how over the top retarded the plot is

What's happening to me
>>
>>379144874
You won't like Growlanser
>>
>>379144874
>Why? Because I liked 10 or because I didn't like every other?

Not him, but what's confusing is that you like 10, hate the rest, and like Chrono Trigger
>>
>>379144874
>Why? Because I liked 10 or because I didn't like every other?
Just because I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to what you like. Chrono Trigger and FFVI are generally considered sister games, and if you like one, you usually like the other, and I'd consider FFIV very similar to CT in terms of character and ability progression. FFX has almost nothing in common with CT, so I'm not sure what it is that makes a good JRPG for you.
>>
>>379145106
Chrono Trigger has better graphics than FFVI
>>
>>379144993
It's drakengard, that's the charm, plot is rtarde,d characters are awful people and the gameplay is more often than not garbage.
But it's still likeable enough.
>>
>>379145264
Debatable. I find Toriyama's artwork and designs absolutely stomach-turning, so the face portraits and especially monster sprites are some major flaws for me. The character sprites have better animation, though, so it's hard to say.
>>
>>379145106
>and I'd consider FFIV very similar to CT in terms of character and ability progression.

Fun fact. FF4 was originally going to be Secret of Mana and it was under the working title of Chrono Trigger at the time.
>>
>>379145459
Source on that? I know the original FFIV was slated as a NES game, but I've never heard that.
>>
>>379145459
I'm glad it all worked out as it did, because SoM, CT and FF4 are some of my favorites.
>>
>>379145538
http://legendsoflocalization.com/final-fantasy-iv-secret-of-mana-and-chrono-trigger-had-a-connection/

>After we finished FFIII, we started FFIV with the idea of a slightly more action-based, dynamic overworld rather than keep combat as a completely separate thing. But, at some point, it wound up not being IV anymore… Instead, it was eventually released as “Seiken Densetsu 2” (Secret of Mana), but during development it was actually referred to as “Chrono Trigger”. (laugh)

>At the time, just after FFIII, we were working with Mr. Toriyama on a game with a seamless, side-view system. A CD-ROM attachment for the Super Famicom was scheduled to be released, you see. So we had this enormous game planned out for the CD-ROM attachment, but ultimately we were never able to release it.

>So we had the Chrono Trigger project changed to a new game, and this other game we had been working on was condensed down into Seiken Densetsu 2. Because of this, Seiken 2 always felt like a sequel to FFIII to me.
>>
>>379141607
Literally all the hallowed golden standarts. Any FF other than V makes me barf. Dragon Warrior never caught my interest.
>>
>>379144935
I kind of like it
>>
>>379145394
>everything about it sucks but it's good

Now i HAVE to try it
>>
>>379145638
Legends of Localization is great. I love his FFIV localization series. Really lends insight into the process and choices made by different teams.
>>
never
ever

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dragon-quest-xi-details-veronica-senya-homura-village
>>
File: the best.png (637KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
the best.png
637KB, 800x600px
>Favorite
Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia, FFIX, NamcoXCapcom if that count, Golden Sun 1 & 2, Suikoden 2, Xenogears

>Most recent played
Suikoden 3, loving it

>Looking foward
English trad of MOON: Remix
English trad of Tales of Destiny
English trad of Tales of Destiny 2
English trad of Tales of Phantasia - Narikiri dugeon X
English trad of Tales of Rebirth

Is there any rpg with good and inventive combat system ?
>>
>>379141863
leave 4 for last
5 is okay, generally a more refined version of their hex table idea
the music for 5 is great
>>
>>379145878
Live A Live has a grid based style where position matters.
>>
About to start the first TLoH Trails game, what am I in for?
>>
>>379145878
>Is there any rpg with good and inventive combat system ?
Xenoblade Chronicles.
>>
>>379146162
mostly character driven adventure, and then shit hits the fan
I hope you have 2nd and 3rd already
>>
>>379141370
>tfw still have my pokemon diamond cart i got on release day a decade ago
>>
>>379145878
>bash enemy 1920s style mecha to pieces: the RPG
go play Steambot Chronicles
>>
>>379146327
Yeah I pirated all three at the same time

They came with some different soundtracks and I'm not exactly sure if I should bother using them or why multiples even exist in the first place
>>
>>379146031
>>379146408
Thanks, gonna check them out

>>379146231
Didn't really liked it, and it's more or less the same system as FFXII if I recall correctly ?
>>
>>379141370
I'd say Gen 4 is easily the best.

>Last generation of Pokemon with actual good Pokemon designs
>Remade the second best generation (HG/SS)
>Some of the best areas and music
>>
File: gsdx_20170605014358.jpg (481KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20170605014358.jpg
481KB, 1024x768px
>what are your favorites
FF9, FFT, Xenogears
>play any recently
DQ1-4, playing DQ5 right now
Xenoblade 2
>>
>>379146162
An amazing adventure and best female protagonist. Also leave the thread if you don't want any spoilers.
>>
>>379146458
Keep the soundtracks.
Especially 3rd's soundtrack. It's like somebody didn't tell their composer this isn't a Ys game so he just went ahead and threw everything in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMwBxRpzoqU&list=RDMfJruaNzMaE&index=9
>>
File: Mana_Khemia_Cover.jpg (82KB, 336x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mana_Khemia_Cover.jpg
82KB, 336x475px
>>379138163
Pic related. Combat balanced well with alchemy and leveling. Card system in combat was fun and has a lot of design around it.
>>
File: APDqHFk.jpg (490KB, 1582x1282px) Image search: [Google]
APDqHFk.jpg
490KB, 1582x1282px
What are the best looking JRPGs?
>>
>>379147216
What you posted, Saga Frontier 2. And then there's Legend of Mana on the PS1 again.
>>
>>379147216
IMO Xenoblade Chronicles, it might only run at 480p but the art style and the grand scale of the game make it look amazing
>>
>>379148091
It does look great emulated with the texture pack.
>>
What's your guys' opinion on atb gameplay like ffiv? If there's one thing you would do to improve it what would it be?
>>
>>379147090
Always saw this, thought about trying it but never did, maybe I will now.

>>379145878
Valkyrie Profile seemed really cool but man I could never get into it.
>>
>>379140521
Unlucky for you
>>
>>379148407
The one thing about ATB that I like over traditional turn-based is that speed's importance and usefulness is laid out visibly. In traditional turn-based, often there'll be a random element in addition to a character's speed that decides who acts first, which can ruin a strategy for a turn.
>>
>>379142110
That picture needs more Incubuses and master ninjas
>>
What FF should I play if I hated 10? I liked the dressphere system in 10-2 but that's about it.
>>
File: guardian's crusade.jpg (45KB, 425x379px) Image search: [Google]
guardian's crusade.jpg
45KB, 425x379px
>games mentioned in thread are mainstream/popular ones
>No one mentioned this game
>A must play jrpg game
>it's not even that obscure or unknown especially among older (jrpg) gamers
Really disappointed in /v/. I used to see this game mentioned here a couple of years ago. Now it's forgotten.
>>
>>379149941
>>
>>379149941
Also what old school JRPGS have aged well and are worth playing? Thinking of getting Legend of Dragoon, and maybe Xenogears
>>
>>379149974
favorite - no
played recently - no
looking forward to - no
>>
Are there any jrpgs where party members can fuse mid battle?
>>
All of my favorite Japanese RPGs are ARPGs
>>
>>379149941
Lightning Returns. Just play some other series.
>>
>>379150892
shin megami tensei (at least apocalypse if you have an app)
>>
>>379150892
Like fuse with each other? Tales of Zestiria.
>>379150227
Chrono Trigger still looks good, has great OST and no random encounters that plague every older rpg.
>>
File: RamzaBeoulve.jpg.png (223KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
RamzaBeoulve.jpg.png
223KB, 480x482px
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre LucT
Dragon Quest 3

>play any recently
I'm 100% Final Fantasy 5 right now on and off.

Nothing really to be honest. The only Tactical RPGs being made anymore are Fire Emblem games and I can't even grasp my head around why people like those. They're boring snooze fests of games with barely any strategy to them as is.

I don't really see any true Turn base JRPGs coming out that I'd want to play right now anyway.
>>
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
FF7, FFX, Suikoden 2, P5, Shining force 2, SO:3
>play any recently
P5
Are there even any decent JRPG coming out any time soon?
>DQ XI
meh
>Ys
meh
>ff7 remake
yeah maybe in 2 years

I guess only ToCS3 interests me for this year. Then w.e from is doing + KH 3.
>>
>>379151912
DQ is shit.
>>
File: 1454570125818.gif (412KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1454570125818.gif
412KB, 350x233px
>>379144935
Neppit cuck detected.
>>
>>379134494
>Turn based
I love turn-based games and jrpg is an example of how you should not do a turn-based game
>>
Are there any hidden gem 3DS JRPGs? The popular ones are average ones at best.
>>
>>379152354
Have you played Radiant Historia?
>>
>>379152408
Yes, I've played all the good DS ones.
>>
>>379152354
Try out Stella Glow
One of my absolute favourite 3ds games.
>>
>>379134494

>Suikoden 1-3, Wild Arms 3
>Just finished Persona 5 which started off OK but got retarded and had some severe tonal and plot issues in the last act. Radiant Historia in Jan which I liked though the story and the combat system really dragged towards the end.
>Ni No Kuni 2 (I actually really, really enjoyed the first one in spite of all its flaws.)

Holding out for a re-release of Skies of Arcadia on steam, been wanting to play that forever.
>>
File: 1494864938949.jpg (504KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494864938949.jpg
504KB, 1920x1080px
this is the best snes jrpg
>>
File: 1495098330334.jpg (22KB, 200x229px) Image search: [Google]
1495098330334.jpg
22KB, 200x229px
>>379140037
>fighting Final Marcus
>blizzard starts mid-battle
>Avalanche Abaasy spawns and joins the fight
>mfw
>>
>>379136020
I need to make my own jrpg-centric 3x3. In the meantime, srpg edition.
>>
Finished P5 and got back into SMT IV recently

Took me way too long to beat the Minotaur, why is that boy so strong for such an early boss?
>>
File: ___________.png (157KB, 324x406px) Image search: [Google]
___________.png
157KB, 324x406px
What are some must own jrpg's on Steam? Already have Trails, Ys, FF (7, 9, 10). Not interested in Nep shit.
>>
>>379155318
See>>379140521
>>
>>379155753

>Smirk
>Labrys strike
>Reload save

like 1000 times
>>
>>379149974
Secret of the Stars/Beyond the Beyond tier.
>>
>Play any recently
Bravely Default, and the second half of it is so awful it sucked out all the enjoyment I got from the first half of it. Would not recommend buying, good thing I got it for free.
>>
>>379155832
Would be less of an issue if VIT existed.
>>
>>379142716
>>379143997
Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant
>>
Do any of you avoid older RPGs because of lack of gameplay mechanics or the like?

I ask because I can play through FFV just fine - different builds and not paying much attention to the story but I find once I go through most RPGs, there's no reason to replay them.

IS anyone else ilke that?
>>
File: 56377_front.jpg (143KB, 460x866px) Image search: [Google]
56377_front.jpg
143KB, 460x866px
>>379149974
Why haven't you emulated this yet Anons?
>>
>>379134494
Just played Romancing SaGa 2. One of the best games I've played in a long time. Kind of disappointing though because I heard it was super hard and was expecting a nice challenge, but it ended up being pretty easy overall. Maybe I just have the autism.
>>
>>379141480
This is me, except my first was Crystal, then Saphire. I hold those two in about equal esteem, but for a while I liked Saphire better.

The first Team Plasma is literally the best evil team, once you get past the goofy uniforms. I just wish the sage's acted more like admins, but I can understand if they were (mostly) true believers in not using pokemon.
>>
>>379141370
I started at the US release of Red and Blue and my favorites are Emerald, Platinum and SoulSilver.
>>
>>379157670
good taste
>>
>The JRPGs You Must Play

are there any
>>
Before I go mad trying to develop it, would any one play an RPG based on an extremely fast ATB. You'd have only one party member to control and enemies would basically attack every second. Abilities that slow time are valuable because they allow you time to select abilities/execute finer moves. I want it to be frantic, with players desperatly searching through menus for the right attacks. Hard counter abilities that require resource generation and cooldown management, basic attack is weak as fuck.

I basically want to make a difficult and frantic atb RPG. Sound fun or stupid?
>>
>>379134494
Currently playing Dragon Quest v
>>
>>379157494
I was going to say that the first Team Galactic was better, but then I remembered it was only Cyrus. The rest of the team were retarded pawns. Aqua and Magma were morons. The Teams after Plasma v1 are all chucklefucks. So that basically just leaves Plasma v1 and Rocket as the two best teams.

Say what you will about Rocket, but if you ignore the animu version, they're pretty realistic. An organizated crime syndicate that tries to make money by stealing and exploiting Pokemon in various ways, and just generally using them to commit crimes? That's legit what would happen if Pokemon were real.
>>
Why has SaGa been coming up so often lately?
>>
Any recommendation of JRPG with good romance?
>>
>>379159156
Because there are a ton of SaGa games spanning from the GB to now, and most of them are good. There have also been recent developments in the series like Scarlet and the ports of Romancing games. More and more people around /v/ who missed SaGa in gens 4-6 are become edumacated about it now.
>>
>>379158927
I'm sure there would be people who would like that but that sounds like something I would never want to play. But I really dislike ATB systems
>>
>>379159156
Because the stigma of Unlimited SaGa had enough time to fuck off forever.
>>
>>379159337
>>379159673
Okay but I mean very specifically in the last 7 days it has been getting referenced a lot and there have even been dedicated threads for it.
>>
>>379159802
>Okay but I mean very specifically in the last 7 days

Fuck if I know then, I don't follow vg news that closely. Could also just be a pure coincidence.
>>
>>379142852
Xenogears had an Eldran mech?
>>
>>379134494
>>what are your favorites
Too many to list
>>play any recently
SaGa Scarlet Grace, best JRPG I've played in a long while.
I also went back to Strange Journey to prepare for DEEPSTRANGEJOURNEY, not as good as I remember, didn't remember demons levelling up that slow, I also hope my Demonica doesn't fuck up my doomguy's growth.
>>anything you looking forward to
Romancing SaGa 3 remaster for sure, then it's DSJ and Alliance Alive.
>>379159156
The series has been put out of the freezer lately with a new mainline and two remasters of the most popular games, and since the festivals and events are going on since two years by now it's safe to say the franchise is back after being nearly killed by Wada's incompetence.
Let's hope Mana follows suit.
>>
>>379159079
Plasma was an influence campaign based on gun control disguised as animal rights activism, and I love it for that. I do think that if Pokemon were real some up and coming dictator would try that.
>>
>>379142736
You can emulate SaGa Frontier, though along with natural growth mechanics there are other races that develop differently as well. The human race will develop the way that you'd expect from Final Fantasy II except with various changes. There are no skill levels, you mostly focus on stats so if you decide to change from using fists to swords the only thing that would be gimping the character would be the lack of attack skills for swords rather than a low level sword skill. Another thing is that you have larger stat gains when you fight stronger enemies whereas weaker enemies net you little to no growth on your characters, so there is always a reason to want to progress.
>>
>>379134494
Man, my favorites, eh... Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Mother 3, Paper Mario, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X..

I just beat Persona 5 by the way. It was my first Persona game (as you can see, I mainly play Nintendo systems, although I own every popular system since NES). But I loved it so much and wanna go deeper into Persona. Should I go for 4? I have it on my PS2, just never played it.

Also, Takemi is my waifu.
>>
>>379161118
Forgot Skies of Arcadia. I feel ashamed for forgetting that. Sorry /v/
>>
>>379159802
I think slowly more people have been playing it, or that this thread hit the right time period on the right day that the few fans saw the thread and wanted to mention it or something.
>>
>>379155590
Grandia 2
Tales of Symphonia/Berseria
Septerra Core

That's about it. You already have the good ones. After that there's emulation.
>>
>>379140545
Evrything consumes time. It is just testing your skill on a more abstract level. If you dont enjoy that then there is 0 reason to make value judgments about it.

I get bored very fast with action games since they don't demand anything from you but reflexes and maybe the memorization of combos. It's lame and shallow but can still be enjoyable. Evry intellectual argument is based on emotional presuppositions. Now piss off.
>>
JRPGs ARE bad. Only few good like SMT Series, Demons Souls and Parasite Eve.
>>
>>379162101
He's just baiting, report and move on.
>>
Why didn't you learn Japanese yet?
>>
>>379162101
that's a shit opinion as well
>>
>>379162830
Gross.
>>
I recently got me a pirateable Vita. What should I play lads?
>>
>>379159315
Romancing SaGa :^)
>>
File: dracula-hamburger.jpg (43KB, 584x355px) Image search: [Google]
dracula-hamburger.jpg
43KB, 584x355px
A week ago I played my first MegaTen game, Strange Journey, and got the Neutral ending. I cried at the end bith because Mem Aleph's crazy damage and Arthur.
Now I'm technically playing my first Dragon Quest game, Dragon Quest 9, with me (Whip Minstrel) Jimenez (Spear Warrior) Cait (Claw Thief) and Celosia (Wand Priest). I got 2 fyggs, no idea how to change classes and these main quests are making me sad.
Should I even change classes? They all lvl 19.
>>
>>379138328
>anticipating Sen 3 after the shitshow that was 2
1 was awful too but it still had potential
>>
>>379134494
Favorites are FF9, Thousand Year Door, Persona 5
Currently playing through Nocturne
I'm looking forward to the Cyber Sleuth sequel and Dragon Quest XI
>>
>>379163081
There's:
Oreshika 2, and on the JP PSN the PSP remake of the first one and also the original PSX version or you can pirate them
Almost all Atelier games known to man
Almost all Disgaea games known to man, most of NIS library is in there really, the only relevant thing missing is Soul Nomad
Every Vanillaware game bar Grim Grimoire
Every FF up to FFX
PSX SaGa games, Romancing SaGa 2 remaster is going to be localized soon, Romancing SaGa 3 remaster is in the works, SaGa Scarlet Grace if you know japanese but you need to upgrade your firmware for that
The two SRW Z3 games and SRWV(Need to upgrade firmware for that), plus the various PSP/PSX games are on the JP PSN or you can pirate them
The Digimon games
Purse Owner games
You can put the PSX remakes of SMT/SMTII/If... if you know japanese, there's also the PSP remake of Devil Summoner and the odd PSX games like Devil Children
Nepshit if you like that thing
Natural Doctrine if you want a really unusual SRPG, a bit hard to get into though
Vakyria Chronicles series
The PSP Shining titles
Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R and all the PSP ports like Rebirth, Destiny 2, Eternia, Phantasia, Narikiri Dungeon X and the three Radiant Mythology games
Ray Gigant
Stranger of Sword City
Summon Night 6 and all the other Summon Night games can all be played natively through the PSP ports or PSX iso, which are also on JP PSN
Damascus Gear games if you want Diablo meets Armored Core, the first game is really rough around the edges, but the second game is GOAT though it's JP only and you need to upgrade your firmware
The first two Star Ocean remakes and all the Tri Ace games like Valkyrie Profile and Frontier Gate Boost+
PSNOVA if you want PSO2 offline Lite

There's too much shit to list really, especially if you include PSP+PSX titles
>>
File: 1496650514332.png (289KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
1496650514332.png
289KB, 474x444px
>This thread
maximum comfy
I have so many jrpgs to play, but I dont really have much time nowadays. My backlog is getting longer by the day
>>
>>379140865
Anybody else thunk it looks like it says "Romancing Salsa"?
>>
Are Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 considered JRPGS ?
>>
>>379139251
>dark
>souls

Why do you people
>>
>>379164358
I personally wouldn't call the first one a JRPG, not too sure about the second.
>>
>>379159315
Trails in the Sky.
>>
File: dragon quest.png (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dragon quest.png
83KB, 600x600px
>>379134494
>what are your favorites
Dragon Quest.
>play any recently
Dragon Quest.
Dragon Quest.
>>
>>379165661
I hope you know Japanese because you're never playing X and XI otherwise
>>
>>379166389
Why wouldn't XI release in the west? Every mainline DQ game has now, aside from X but that's most definitely because it was an MMO.
>>
I only play jrpgs if the art is cute.
>>
>>379166694
3DS ports bombed, DQH bombed. Squeenix has abandoned DQ in the west
>>
>>379166694
Square doesn't care about the West unless it's to push Final Fantasy.

They didn't even want to bring Dragon Quest IX here, but Nintendo of America convinced them.
>>
>>379167097
DQH, DQH2, DQB, DQ73DS and DQ83DS all came to the west.
>>
>>379143276
>Endless repetitive grinding
Most don't encourage grinding until postgame, they're about player skill and knowledge to a much greater extent.

>but in the it's just knowledge tests
>knowledge test
>dodging attacks in real time
Make sure the criticism applies before you parrot it back like a retard.
>>
>>379161654
isn't septerra core not an actual rpg?
any way i'm sad i can't manage to make it work with cinematics, i'll have to setup a vm i think
>>
>>379143470
>being a storyfag
Games are about gameplay, their stories are shit across the board.
>>
>>379167287
If you just want gameplay then go play pong.
>>
>>379167176
Yeah, because IX was successful and sold well thanks to Nintendo's interference and great marketing.

Guess what didn't sell well?
>DQH, DQH2, DQB, DQ73DS and DQ83DS

Not a single one broke 80,000 units in America, which is piss-poor. Legend of Legacy, a niche JRPG by a smaller dev, pushed 3 times as many worldwide.
>>
>>379167218
Its very similar to turn based jrpgs battles, a cast of original characters, each with his own story/abilities, a world map, towns etc. Its a jrpg in my book, just from a western dev.

Isn't there a gog version or something? Played it way too long ago so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>379161769
>It is just testing your skill on a more abstract level.
No it isn't, it's rewarding you for busywork over understanding game mechanics and a huge drag in repeat playthroughs, which I'm guessing turn based kiddies aren't into.

>I get bored very fast with action games since they don't demand anything from you but reflexes and maybe the memorization of combos.
Stop playing on Easy, which is everything below Very Hard.
>>
>>379167486
But according to SE it was only because DQH sold well that they even brought over DQ7 and DQ83DS to begin with.
>>
>>379167353
Pong has shit gameplay, not that a storyfag would know.
>>
>>379167574
What game without story, art direction, music, character designs, animation, environments has good gameplay then?
>>
>>379167565
>Trusting anything Square says

The last person who did that signed Taito over to SE and were made mobile devs on the spot.
>>
File: ULUS10565_00016.jpg (187KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10565_00016.jpg
187KB, 960x544px
>When you can one shot a guy who beats women with a woman
>>
>>379167287
this is what timmy and spike players actually believe
>>
File: 1446539589551.jpg (23KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1446539589551.jpg
23KB, 500x353px
>>379167682
>tfw casters can do that damage with a base spell but on AoE
>tfw high tier spells easily do around 600 damage on AoE
I kind of pity melee units, there's little actual reason to use them unless you're going to protect and NPC.
>>
>>379167671
>story, art direction, music, character designs, animation, environments
>animations, character designs and environments don't compromise parts of gameplay
>aesthetic factors like art direction and music are synonymous with a primary school level story no one pays attention to on repeat playthroughs, if at all
Typical retarded storyfag.
>>
>>379134494
I've recently been playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant. And really surprised how much I like it.

Why are older JRPGs so much better than modern. Even the graphics and artsyle are better.
>>
>>379167985
Animation is part of story, character design is part of story, environments is part of story. Them also being related to gameplay doesn't matter, since they have story for those things to begin with.

Without art direction there is no character design or visual style, without story there is no setting so no environments, without story there is no characters, without characters there is no animation.
>>
>>379167681
You aren't making sense and are just being obtuse.
>>
File: TO Witch.png (198KB, 429x619px) Image search: [Google]
TO Witch.png
198KB, 429x619px
>>379167978
TO PSP develops on a weird path gameplay wise, melee units remain consistently the worst option while Archers are early game gods, late game they can hold their own but casters and AoE become the late game unit of choice. Augment Element level 8 makes a world of difference, and female casters are cute enough to use all game.
>>
>>379153225
>Holding out for a re-release of Skies of Arcadia on steam, been wanting to play that forever
Definitely don't miss it, that game was great!

>>379153498
>Lufia 2 - best snes rpg
Good taste. I mean, I don't agree (it's FF6!), but Lufia 2 was a great game that did not get played by nearly enough people.

I kinda love the whole wacky extended family of snes rpg's though. Even the kinda-clunky ones (like Breath of Fire) and the wacky cousins (Mario RPG). It was a beautiful time.
>>
>>379168219
Doesn't matter what you think sweet cheeks; fact is that Square sells IPs in America based on numbers.

If their latest title isn't pushing at least 500,000 units then you'll never see a sequel localized. The 3ds ports bombed hard and DQH2 didn't sell. There's no incentive or market for them here.
>>
>>379168152
>Animation is part of story, character design is part of story, environments is part of story.
>shotgun blast animation and large circular area we fought mob gauntlet number 263 is important to the story
No.

>Them also being related to gameplay doesn't matter
Ah, yes it does. Without them there wouldn't be gameplay. No one with a positive IQ value cares about the bullshit story aspects tacked onto gameplay assets.

>since they have story for those things to begin with.
Are you really this fucking dumb? They make up shit for gameplay then have the writers tack on some story nonsense if they can be bothered. Story is not a concern whatsoever outside appeasing dumb casuals.

>Without art direction there is no character design or visual style
Which is gameplay related and thus important, unlike story.

>without story there is no setting so no environments
>without story there is no characters
Other way around.

>without characters there is no animation.
Do tell, what is the significance of Goomba 768 to the story? Did he have a family? How did they react to him being crushed to death by an overweight Italian plumber? Did his death damn them to crippling poverty? Or is he just something the developers inserted because they thought it'd make the level better?
>>
>>379168745
You're the same dude that said DQH would never come, then it came.

Then you said DQ Builders would never come and it came.

Then you said DQ7 and DQ8 3DS would never come then they came.

Then you said no more DQ games would come then DQH2 came

And now you're saying no more DQ games will come again.

What happens when DQ11 does come over? Are you going to say it doesn't count because DQMJ3 and DQX didn't come over?
>>
File: ULES01500_00000.jpg (170KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULES01500_00000.jpg
170KB, 960x544px
>>379168354
The problem is that casters are simply better than any other unit in the game by virtue of having a universally better skillset, you don't even need to wait much, by the time you finish chapter 2 your casters should already be able to outperform anything, by the time you reach Coda casters should already be untouchable gods.
They have it all, range without deadzones, they can ignore vertical elevation, they can buff, debuff, inflict all statuses on AoE, heal, drain HP/MP/TP, they have the best AoE in the game, they have the best damage, they have the best utilities, by the endgame they evade and tank just as well as a ninja or a knight, there is zero reason to use anything but casters.
I opened up PPSSPP just to check things out on my age old save file and here's the results.

At least the SNES original locked your casters beyond a very limited spell selection so they couldn't get that broken, the PSP remake just makes them magnitudes worse.
>>
>>379168874
Yes they are because shotgun blast animation tells us a character used a shotgun which informs us of their character which informs us of a story device used within the game, as does an area where something takes place in.

Without story they wouldn't exist to make gameplay out of to begin with. I want you to bring up a game that is just pure gameplay.

Just because you say it doesn't count doesn't mean anything.

Environments inform us of where a story takes place, and characers inform us of who takes part in the story, both are part of the story.

Goomba 768 is a minion of bowser, him being after you informs us that Bowser has minions to spare, it informs you of a hierarchy that exists in the world.
>>
File: rh.jpg (48KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
rh.jpg
48KB, 620x310px
So, do we think we are we getting the Radiant Historia remake in the West? I'd like to play this game through since I lost my copy partway through, but I don't have time in my life to play it through twice to get the new timeline.

Already I'm tabling Strange Journey (again) because it's getting a remake, but I have to figure that one will definitely get a release here.
>>
File: ULUS10565_00017.jpg (134KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10565_00017.jpg
134KB, 960x544px
Doppelganger fights are always interesting
>>
>>379168886
>You're the same dude that said DQH would never come, then it came.
>Then you said DQ Builders would never come and it came.
>Then you said DQ7 and DQ8 3DS would never come then they came.
>Then you said no more DQ games would come then DQH2 came
>And now you're saying no more DQ games will come again.
Except I didn't, but otherwise a great argument.

XI has no chance because it's a high-risk low-reward, which Square never takes unless there's numbers backing it up. No DQ title after Heroes has sold over 80,000 units in America, so why bother? They won't. Just like the latest SaGa won't be coming over.
>>
>>379134494
>are asleep
wrong, fuck turned based
>>
>>379169054
It seems like when you're more reliant on casters you need the stage to develop a bit before you're dropping magic nukes, mostly just some prep like item usage for MP unless you're shitting out scrolls for fun.
>>
>>379169302
>Just like the latest SaGa won't be coming over.
That won't come over because it's too different from usual JRPGs and will bomb without fail.
You really think the western JRPG audience would buy a non linear game with no dungeons/cities and extremely unusual mechanics? There's a reason they're localizing the SNES remasters but not Scarlet Grace, the west doesn't buy anything that deviates from the tried and true formulas.
>>
>>379169302
Guess they won't bring Nier Automata over because Nier sold only 40k on PS3 and 25k on 360 in 7 years outside of Japan, oh wait they brought automata over anyway and it sold 1.5m ww in a few months.

They didn't bring SaGa over because it's a Vita game and the Vita is dead in the west.
>>
>>379169694
>tfw all the JRPGs releasing in the west are too easy for me
>the harder ones do not get released
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Is Dragon Quest 8 the skyrim of ps2/3ds? (mostly 3ds)
[Spoiler]and I don't mean it in a bad way[/spoiler]
>>
>>379169694
>That won't come over because it's too different from usual JRPGs and will bomb without fail.
Legend of Legacy. Get fucked.

>>379169726
>They didn't bring SaGa over because it's a Vita game and the Vita is dead in the west.
Except Atlus brought over Caligula. Try again.
>>
>>379170114
Yeah in fucking May and hardly on the same scale as what they would have to do for SaGa to get it profitable which came out in December.

A few months like that is fucking huge already for a dead platform, it was already on its way out back in May last year and dead before December even hit last year in the west.

Any time SE released a Vita game they also had a PS4 version also released that could eat the cost it took for the Vita version, like with FFXHD, WoFF and DQBuilders.
>>
>>379169115
>shotgun blast animation tells us a character used a shotgun
Which could have been animated in an infinite number of ways. Why did they choose this way precisely?

>which informs us of their character
What is it informing? Where does the story directly note them using a shotty, and what does it tell us about them other than they're a character in another murder simulator?

>which informs us of a story device
Which is never brought up or acknowledged in the story.

>as does an area where something takes place in
Which is never brought up or acknowledged in the story. Its significance is never once noted.

>Without story they wouldn't exist to make gameplay out of to begin with.
You've got it entirely backwards you stupid fuck, they make gameplay assets then add story bullshit to please retards.

>Just because you say it doesn't count
I'm not saying it doesn't count, I'm saying you are completely, utterly wrong. They don't start with story, they start with gameplay then add story fluff around it as they please.

>Environments inform us of where a story takes place
Environments compromise part of gameplay, that is their only relevant aspect in video games. Wily's Castle isn't shaped like it is because of story reasons.

>Goomba 768 is a minion of bowser
Where is that stated in the original Mario Bros.

>him being after you informs us that Bowser has minions to spare
Stated where.

>it informs you of a hierarchy that exists in the world.
Or not, as they could easily be mindless monsters that attack anything.
>>
>>379170372
>Still can't post a game that is only gameplay and nothing else.

I wonder why.
>>
>>379170372
Without story you wouldn't even know Wily's castle was a castle.
>>
>>379169769
There's most SaGa games available and even TLR, there's also Natural Doctrine which is pretty complex and engaging despite being a bit too short, but you can also learn japanese if that's not enough.
>>379170114
>Legend of Legacy.
That's not what I call a success at all since it barely even got to 400K units worldwide and nobody talks about it compared to stuff like FE.
Besides, it's not really that different from the usual games outside of using a really watered down version of SaGa's battle system.
>>
>>379136020
>Kawazu still tweets once every 3 months that Vita RomaSaGa 2 in West is still coming
I still hope
>>
Got any JRPG or strategy/tactics games with name able generic units? I've played the big ones, Disgaea, FFT, TO, Wild Arms, DQ9
>>
>>379134494

The question is how many people genuinely wanted to go back to a traditional turn-based game after not having played one in 10+ years, then you pick one of your favs, then you suddenly realize this combat is lacking/boring.
>>
File: 90f93f4de8733e73671f3a2c99fd6629.jpg (126KB, 736x1099px) Image search: [Google]
90f93f4de8733e73671f3a2c99fd6629.jpg
126KB, 736x1099px
>>379134494
On my second playthrough now, I gotta say no other Tales of, though I really like them all, got me as hooked as Symphonia, I haven't had so much fun with a video game since I was a kid
>>
>>379170332
>Any time SE released a Vita game they also had a PS4 version also released that could eat the cost it took for the Vita version, like with FFXHD, WoFF and DQBuilders.
I agree with this completely.

But back to the root of the argument
>Nier sold well
Because unlike Square, Platinum sells by name alone now. They've become such a popular dev that it doesn't even matter if their games are good or not, they'll always make at least twice as much back as they've invested in development.
>>
>>379170707

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
is Radiata Stories a JRPG?
love that shit
>>
>>379170806
>Because unlike Square, Platinum sells by name alone now.
Come on now Anon.
>>
I want more turn based RPGs like TTYD or any Mario RPG. any recs?
>>
>>379134494
Been playing through Final Fantasy X HD on the PS4. As a kid I only made it up to the desert area.

Now I'm using AP tricks to max out some characters sphere grids.

Gonna play X-2 when I'm done with X.
>>
What are the best SRPGs/TRPGs?
>>
>>379145787
>Blessed by the volcano, the village thrives in iron manufacture and smithing, and also has a steam bath house.

What is DQVII.
>>
>>379170907
What Square IP besides KH, FF, and DQ has been a huge hit in the past decade? At worst they've had money sinkholes that they've been patching up with their trinity of million-dollar franchises.
>>
>>379170419
>I wonder why.
Probably because it's easy to add a paragraph of text to any game and pass it off as a 'story' for you retards.

>>379170539
>Without story you wouldn't even know Wily's castle was a castle.
It's a castle because the outside shot looks like a castle and provides a cool setting.
>>
>>379170806
>Platinum sells by name alone now
Hows that Korra game doing? What about that Transformers game? Surely that TMNT game is going good? No? Uh oh.
>>
>>379171087

As a teen I used Gameshark, I feel ya bro.

A few years later I beat it legit, talking about original release, not HD remaster.
>>
>>379171169
And without a story that shot of it being a castle wouldn't exist, nor would the setting of it being a castle exist.
>>
>>379171087

10-2 is the lesbian/estrogen version of 10, you've been warned...people around you will question the music that plays because it's all Jpop.
>>
>>379170871
i liked that game. for a jrpg it had a lot of humor in it especially at the beginning. after the crucial part of choosing a side it got kind of dark.
>>
>>379171257
Oh I'm not cheating. I'm using in-game grinding tactics that yield a lot of experience.
>>
>>379171305
>without story the screen that shows your progression through the final few levels wouldn't exist
Care to try again?
>>
File: BatenKaitosCover.jpg (126KB, 285x400px) Image search: [Google]
BatenKaitosCover.jpg
126KB, 285x400px
Is this any good?
>>
>>379171328
I played a lot of X-2 ad well as a kid. I actually played it first, and I had no idea who any of the characters were.

I liked the singing.
>>
File: 1482794993933.jpg (33KB, 345x269px) Image search: [Google]
1482794993933.jpg
33KB, 345x269px
>>379171194
>Hows that Korra game doing? What about that Transformers game? Surely that TMNT game is going good?
They certainly sold better than most Dragon Quest games in America.

Check mate, fag
>>
>>379171328
i liked x-2 a bit better than x simple because of the battle system.
>>
>>379171550
yes
>>
>Favourites
ff 6/7, golden sun, dot hack infection, breath of fire 3, tales of graces f, alundra and dark chronicle.

>recently played
tales of zerstria

>looking forward to
anything really im not too fussy with jrpgs
>>
>>379171537
I don't think you understand what story actually involves.
>>
>>379171119
Shining Force 1-3, Gaidens/CD
Langrisser 1-4
Growlanser 1-4 (not srpgs strictly speaking but they always get lumped in)
Front Mission 1-5
Dark Wizard
Brigandine
Arc the Lad II
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
TearRing Saga
Fire Emblem 5
Vandal Hearts 1-2
Faselei!
>>
POST SOUNDTRACKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVW31pDBSMM
>>
so many titles. but if you could suggest only one right now what would be it? only underrated gems
>>
>>379170915
In what way, tone or gameplay?
>>
>>379172115
Radiata Stories simply because people never talk about it and its Square Enix
>>
>>379172114
i thought all those guys humming were humming to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kTyRd50Xr8 a few years ago. turns out attack on titan's opening song ripped this off
>>
>>379172142
gameplay
>>
>>379172183
i've played this back in the day. i think i did everything even recruiting lenneth valkyrie and beating the secret boss. ending was too sad. i'm not sure which one was right.
i haven't played much star ocean but the battle system to radiata stories was great with all that tactical formations though
>>
>>379172115
Wouldn't really call a millions seller series underrated, but SaGa is what I'd recommend since it is underrated in the west.
Otherwise, Metal Max.
>>379171935
>TearRing Saga
Bervick Saga exists and is much better than Tear Ring in every single way.
>>
>>379172408
>Bervick Saga exists and is much better than Tear Ring in every single way.

I don't typically bother posting non-translated games on /vEOP/.
>>
>>379171805
>I don't think
I know anon. I know.
>>
>>379172408
i didn't finish most of the SaGas
i was too young to play jrpgs back when saga frontier came out. then romancing and unlimited came out still couldn't understand the gameplay. it was hard especially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2lzFRuqzE
i had like 0 hp but still alive then i couldn't revive. i'm still confused to this day
>>
>>379149974
Living toys were great but if something needs a graphics update bad it would be that.
>>
>>379172279
Well assuming you haven't played it super mario rpg has timed hits. Another game with them is legend of the dragoon on ps1. Mother 3 has a combo system where if you press a button to the beat of the song in battle you can get combos.
>>
>>379172775
>Has to take words out of context to try and even make an argument
Pathetic.
>>
File: 1496346585879.gif (1011KB, 195x182px) Image search: [Google]
1496346585879.gif
1011KB, 195x182px
>>379145106
Dude, Chrono Trigger is a completely different game through and through. The only thing it has in common is it's ATB. But if you think that's enough to make them sister games, then you absolutely have no clue what makes Chrono Trigger unique. From the character designs, to the sprite work, to the seamless battle transitions, to the combo techs, to the enemy positioning, to the spatially aware attacks, the animation, the character charm, the music, everything that isn't a time gauge filling... it's all part of the unique experience that is Chrono Trigger. And I'm sorry I have to tell you like this, but Final Fantasy VI IS NOTHING like Chrono Trigger. It's perplexing how you and others would even compare them.
>>
>>379172993
Reminds me how much I hated it.
>>
>>379173030
>thinks the poor excuses called stories in vidya matters
>calling anyone else pathetic
>>
>>379173581
Yeah vidya don't need art direction since real art exists.
Vidya don't need music since real music exists.
Vidya don't need words since real books exist.
Vidya doesn't need anything other than video output and gameplay. So if you play anything other than vidya that is just video output and gameplay then you are just a phony. A fake. A poser. A liar. A cuck.
>>
Is Dept. Heaven dead? Gungnir was lukewarm but I'd still like to see something new come from that series.
>>
>>379171935
>Brigandine
Reminder to play the Grand Edition, which has a fan translation and lot of improvements over the base game.
>>
>>379173804
Sting is partnered with Idea Factory now. Dept. Heaven is better off dead.
>>
>>379173763
>Yeah vidya don't need art direction
The thing that is part of the gameplay.

>Vidya don't need music since real music exists.
>music in vidya isn't real music
Really activates my almonds.

>Vidya don't need words since real books exist.
>words are exclusively used to communicate stories in books and nothing else

>Vidya doesn't need anything other than video output and gameplay.
>audio cues in vidya aren't a thing
Going for the banana sticker today.

>So if you play anything other than vidya that is just video output and gameplay then you are just a phony.
>ITT people aren't willing to tolerate the parts of the game they don't like or are apathetic to to experience the good bits
>people that skip cutscenes in DMC are hacks
You can defend your weeb fanfiction tier stories better than that.
>>
>>379174364
>The thing that is part of the gameplay.
Art direction is part of visual style which is something that is used to inform story.

And it's you who is saying music vidya isn't real music.

And story is used to frame gameplay, setting, world and purpose.

>audio cues in vidya aren't a thing
Why would they be needed if all you need is gameplay?

You sound like the type of faggot that shills games like KH2FM because you want to act like it has great gameplay but you're embarrased about everything else it has so you trick yourself into thinking none of the other things matter besides gameplay.
>>
>>379134494

>what are your favorites
P4Golden, Valkyrie profile, Golden sun 2, FFtactics Advanced, Tales of in general

>play any recently
Vesperia PS3, Persona 5

Nothing, I finished my backlog and played everything worthwhile.
>>
>>379134494
I love turn-based games as long as they're not party-based. In which case I fall asleep
>>
>>379172115
Underrail is great
>>
>>379174783
>Art direction is part of visual style which is something that is used to inform story.
Which no one cares about. The art is important because it affects gameplay.

>And it's you who is saying music vidya isn't real music.
Got a quote?

>And story is used to
Market to dumb casuals such as yourself.

>gameplay, setting, world and purpose.
Good gameplay is an end in and of itself. Purpose is the gameplay and setting and 'world' are part of it.

>Why would they be needed if all you need is gameplay?
Because they're part of the gameplay dipshit.

>You sound like the type of faggot that shills games like KH2FM
Great game.

>you want to act like it has great gameplay
Because it does.

>but you're embarrased about everything else
Wrong, I do not care about anything else, because they are irrelevant, though I could do without the dumb minigames and fewer cutscenes to skip.

>so you trick yourself into thinking
There is no trick. Story in vidya is complete shit across the board. It has trouble competing even with the likes of comics and anime, let alone film or books. The rest is window dressing for the gameplay.
>>
>>379175323
Hahaha holy fuck it really is SBK91.
>>
This is the dumbest and most pointless argument to have in this thread.
>>
File: 1488646948897.jpg (80KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488646948897.jpg
80KB, 576x768px
>>379174806
>I finished my backlog
Backlogs are, by definition, unfinishable.
There is no creature in any plan of existence that can finish a backlog.
>>
>>379134494
Are there any turn based JRPGs where grinding is 100% unnecessary? Like, you could go through the game avoiding ALL random encounters and only doing mandatory fights and still win on the highest difficulty (if it has a difficulty selector)? Because that's the main reason I prefer action combat, regardless of stats I can win through skill alone.
>>
>Riviera
>0/0 matches
>>
Man KH2FM really is a piece of shit, it doesn't even come close to DMC3 or Bayonetta level of good.
>>
>>379175483
It's just XV-kun using the thread as an excuse to sperg out about KH.
>>
>>379175625
Most of them?
People have been speedrunning RPGs with super low level strategies since decades.
>>
>>379175746
>it doesn't even come close to DMC3 or Bayonetta level of good.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I should hope you're not referring to difficulty or style nonsense.
>>
>>379175625
Are you counting getting good equipment/items/abilities as part of the grind?
>>
>>379175769
>XV-kun
>Only two matches for "XV" in this thread and both are just two random posts saying "XV-kun", and only one match for "FF15" from hours ago
>Literally no one is actively talking about it here
>B-but it's XV-kun
This boogeyman shit needs to stop.
>>
>>379175625
I can think of some where you don't need to really grind but no jrpg is beatable without some enemy encounters. Earthbound requires no grinding, I have beaten it 10+ times and grinding is emtirely optional, but I still fought most of the regular enemy encounters. Also in EB encounters are not random, enemies are seen on the overworld.
>>
>>379175625
Doing the average number of random encounters that occur while traveling from one place to another isn't grinding, Anon. You're only grinding if you're going out of your way to get into extra fights for more exp/money/skill points/whatever. Plenty of games don't need grinding. That is to say, they're balanced for you to be able to beat the game by completing the average number of trash mob fights. If you want games where you can win by only doing the story/boss fights, there are very few. Only games that feature enemy power scaling systems like Final Fantasy VIII work that way.
>>
>>379175625
Pretty much every post-IV FF lets you do that, even if it's a pain in the ass and more annoying.
>>
>>379175845
Probably that they aren't QTE infested shit like KH2FM is and they are real action games.
>>
>>379175745
Only game I liked enough to finish from that dev.
Arrange OST was god tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhnzmZsg9EE
>>
>>379175939
If that requires doing non-mandatory fights, yes.

>>379176023
How do you quantify the "average" number of fights though? It all varies from player to player, especially because random encounters are determined by RNG. The thing about action RPGs is that I can always win regardless of stats if playing well enough.
>>
>>379176072
>Bayonetta
>not QTE infested
>implying Reaction Commands are bad

>they are real action games.
With worse bosses and item systems, among other things (like combos).
>>
>>379175745
You should have searched for Dept. Heaven. 2 people mentioned the series. Frankly Knights in the Nightmare is the best one.
>>
>>379176267
>If that requires doing non-mandatory fights, yes.
Then probably zero.
>>
>>379176274
>defending reaction command QTEs
>Thinks KH has good bosses
MY SIDES
>>
>>379175845
>This KHfag seriously thinks KH2FM compares to DMC3
Some autism you got there
>>
>>379172383

Don't remind me man. I chose the logical course, but it meant Ridley not making it. So fuckin' sad.
>>
>>379176064
Isn't that mostly because many of them have exploitable mechanics like the Quick Hit in FFX? I guess what I'm looking for is something that still feels fair and well designed under extremely underlevelled conditions
>>
>>379176274
Holy shit is this nigger serious? Prove all of that.
>>
>>379176267
>How do you quantify the "average" number of fights though?
For games with random encounters? Steps needed to go through a dungeon and snag all the treasure x average steps needed to trigger an encounter, plus allowance for getting lost/exploring more. This is what non-retarded designers do if they're dead set on random encounters. For non-random encounters, literally just everything in your way, sometimes not even that much.
>>
>>379176379
Oh boy you don't know the half of it. He's some autist from gamefaqs obsessed with KH.
>>
>>379176163

Nelde, Elendia, and the Victory themes are my favorites.

Also Cierra.
>>
>>379161118
Go ahead and try P4. If you like it cool, if you don't no big deal.

Check out one of the older games in the series for some perspective. For an interesting story, try emulating Persona 2: Innocent Sin, then P2: Eternal Punishment if you liked it enough. Gameplay has aged like milk though.

For even more perspective, play a Shin Megami Tensei game. SMT IV on the 3DS is a pretty good entry point.
>>
>>379176506
That probably explains it.
>>
>>379176363
>defending one of the few good uses of QTEs in vidya
Yes.

>Thinks KH has good bosses
>what is Data Org
>who is Lingering Will
You aren't an Osakafag by any chance?

>>379176379
>DMC3
>items are used invincibly in a menu
>can stock dozens of them
>one is a mob nuke
>KH1/2
>items are used on the field, on the ground, lack i frames and Sora can only carry around 8 at a time
Think before you type.
>>
>>379176690
>They're good QTEs if its KH
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>379176309

I agree. Not only is the gameplay (complicated as it is) fun and original, but the feeling of despair and sadness all through the game is well done.

I still prefer Riviera, I feel the characters carry the game.
>>
>>379175982
>guy with the exact same formatting and grammar as XV-kun
>mentioning his GameFAQs boogeymen
>bringing up KH2FM out of nowhere because he is still butthurt about it being better than FFXV in every relevant way
>not XV-kun

Stop trying to save face Barry
>>
>>379176690
>KH2
>Spam QTE to win
>Can spam heals with iframes because of leaf bracer
>shitty combo
>shitty bosses
>floaty as shit
>giant enemies don't react to regular hits even with screenshake or hitstop
>lingering will and data all have cheese strats that invalidate them as hard even on lvl1 challenge runs
No. KH2FM is bottom barrel shit as far as action games go.
>>
>>379163671
Learn sword skills for end game metal slime farming. No need to change classes so early.
>>
>>379176690
>KH2
>Good use of QTE
What the fuck am I reading? It must have been so good that literally everyone complained about it and Nomura apologized and said he wouldn't put them in KH3.
>>
>>379176881
>no one talking about XV besides you
>still spouting XV-kun boogeymen memes.
>>
>>379176462
>Prove all of that.
Most of Bayonetta 1's bosses are shitty environmental QTE heavy types, of the three that aren't two are pushovers, Rodin is the only decent one, 2's are dogshit across the board that require WT whoring on the humanoids while the environmentals are nothing special. Both Bayonetta's require QTE finishers to many bosses and 1 has insta death QTEs.

DMC3's bosses are mostly challenging for their health totals, and Vergil uses a baby version of KH2's revenge system.

Reaction Commands in KH tend to require setup or are counters for certain attacks, there's only three or so that heavily damage bosses, the majority are optional, short, and be restricted to triangle means you don't take your focus off what's going on onscreen, or at least not as much as usual.

DMC and Bayonetta items are used from a menu invincibly and give you far more per fight than KH, and have auto revive and more damage/invincibly options.

There is no reason to bother with fancy combos in DMC/Bayonetta, and doing so is typically suboptimal, whereas the revenge system adds an optimization element to them in KH.
>>
this thread was good while it lasted.
it's shit from here on out.
>>
>>379176881
Not that guy but SBK91 is a well known shitposter on gamefaqs across various boards for action games and RPGs. It's not hard to tell when it's him. Everyone who ever encountered him hates him and the way he always types his shitpost responses in the same way.
>>
>>379177404
I don't give a shit about your GameFAQs boyfriends XV-kun
>>
>>379175625
Sounds like you haven't touched a JRPG in 25 years. Most games are designed so you can win with mandatory fights only.
For example try Radiant Historia. The enemies appear on the map and it's quite easy to dodge them. If you avoid every single optional fight the mandatory fights will require some thinking but are perfectly winnable.
>>
>>379171550
>Baten Kaitos

Yeah, it's good. It has that early '00's clunk, though.
>>
File: fm-emir-kramskoi.jpg (109KB, 970x952px) Image search: [Google]
fm-emir-kramskoi.jpg
109KB, 970x952px
>>379171935
Why have SRPGs seen such a reduction in numbers of the years?
>>
>>379177307
So KH2FM is all QTE because every boss has reaction commands. Revenge system is a meme that does nothing, the game never says there is a thing called revenge system, this is made up by retarded fanboys trying to pretend KH is deep. Reaction commands require no setup, you just spam triangle when the prompt shows up. Heals in KH can be spammed and have no iframes because of leafbracer, you also auto recover MP so you will never die, plus in extreme cases you need MP which is next to never you can just spam Ether or something which gives you far more slots for that then you'll ever need for you to spam heals with. There is no reason to bother with offensive magic in KH or anything other than spamming attack basic dodge/block and reaction commands.

You posted no proof, no visual proof, no videos, nothing. Sorry.
>>
>>379177517
>XV-kun
Who?
>>
>>379177517
>everyone is ecksveecoon
>>
>>379176763
The gameplay in Riviera is pretty much what the gameplay in Thousand Arms should have been (except keeping TA's system of crafting weapons based on the social sim aspect).

I really wanna replay Thousand Arms one of these days, but it has the most tedious combat system in the history of jrpgs. I just can't do it again.
>>
>>379176758
>they're good QTEs if they're implemented well and add depth to the game
Correct.

>>379177048
>Spam QTE to win
>hardest fights in the game have 0 Reaction Commands
>some RCs will fuck you over
You might want to actually play the game first so you don't say stupid shit.

>having Leaf Bracer
>spamming a spell that uses up your entire MP bar

>shitty combo
>actually encourages you to mix up hits
>better elements than anything Dante gets and the majority of Bayonetta's moveset
I'm starting to think you haven't played any of these games.

>shitty bosses
Data Org, Terra, etc.

>floaty as shit
>it's bad because it's not as floaty as Bayonetta or W101 nor as grounded as DMC and NG
Ok.

>giant enemies don't react to regular hits even with screenshake or hitstop
I don't think you want to get in an environmental boss argument with Bayonetta and DMC.

>speed runners found fast, consistent, precise strategies for superbosses that work at low levels years after the game came out
>this is somehow a bad thing

>KH2FM is bottom barrel shit as far as action games go.
Yet it has the sense not to let you heal from a menu, has better bosses and actually encourages you to vary combos. Wonder what this makes Bayo and DMC.

>>379177126
>casuals are stupid retards that don't understand gameplay
This is news?
>>
>>379177517
Why are you defending a guy who seriously thinks KH2FM is better than DMC3 and Bayonetta?
>>
File: XV-kun insanity.png (140KB, 1052x560px) Image search: [Google]
XV-kun insanity.png
140KB, 1052x560px
>>379177863
he is a diehard FFXV fanboy.

who deflects legitmate criticism against XV by bringing up random Gamefaqs users for no reason (hell, his strawmen are in my filter).

1truth
Pesmerga
tposefag
Anti-kun
Nomuracuck
Stella/Versusfag
Kagari
NeithOF
SBK91
Matt

XV-kun is fucking insane, search both /v/ archives to see him have posted these names thousands of times.
>>
>>379178028
Too bad they aren't implemented well and they add nothing to the game.
>>
>>379136710
Zestiria fucked itself over with how the world worked and how unless the director wants it, they wont become corrupted, but overall it wasn't a bad game and you have plenty of options while playing it
>>
>>379177764
Because people are awful, and now all we get are nuFE and Nippon Itchy wet farts and the occasional awful shovelware from non-srpg companies, like Natural Doctrine. It's not saying much when Grand Kingdom is the best one in recent years.
>>
>>379178226
>awful shovelware from
>Natural Doctrine
Natural Doctrine has its problem but it's far from being shovelware, it has a very neat battle system too.
>Grand Kingdom
Not a SRPG.
>>
dark souls
>>
>>379178595
fuck off
>>
>>379156152
>crystal awakening simulator 2012
>>
>>379171935
SMT Devil Survivor games are also good

>>379178226
Fire Emblem Conquest had really good gameplay, if you can ignore the awful story I would highly recommend it.

I think there's a lot of random trash SRPGs that stay jap-only. Some random SRPGs even got translations, e.g. the langrisser 3ds game, some neptunia game, and a recent summon night game.
>>
>>379177775
>So KH2FM is all QTE because every boss has reaction commands.
Lingering Will.

>Revenge system is a meme that does nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwT3FIjzE2Q

>Reaction commands require no setup
Demyx's water clones say hi.

>Heals in KH can be spammed
The MP gauge says otherwise.

>heals don't have i frames if you don't have leaf bracer
Yes, that's the point.

>you also auto recover MP so you will never die
Which can take a full minute, which is forever.

>which is next to never
>he's never cleared CoR
Oh, hello XV kun. Figure out why Haste-like effects are useful in action games yet?

>you can just spam Ether
Which takes a consumable resource, requires being on the ground, requires multiple to replenish a depleted MP gauge, and leave you vulnerable while using them.

>There is no reason to bother with offensive magic in KH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW5KSBxei-c

>or anything other than spamming attack
Which is far weaker than magic. Which is why everyone uses magic for mob fights especially.
>>
>>379178737
Tales series also got a spinoff SRPG on 3DS
>>
>>379178048
Where did I say it was better? Can't like different games for different reasons?
>>
Currently playing this. It's really good, although it's also very easy.
>>
>>379178091
Sounds like you're just some hurtbutt fag trying to make shit up against someone.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/XV-kun%20insanity.png/

Oh yeah.
>>
>>379178028
>he thinks cave of rememberance is hard
>he thinks QTEs are good
>he then says "hardest fight" has none, therefo showing they're useless shit forced into the game
>spamming x is his definition of mixing it up
>no light or heavy attacks, just one regular attack button and dodge button bevoming temporarily alternate regular attack button which don't even comho together properly
>thinks MP bar doesn't fill up anyway
>Thinks you'll ever need heals that desperately or frequently let alone needing MP for anything else
>cheeseable bosses at lvl1 are somehow good
>defends shitty floaty trash combos while bullshitting that bayo or DMC are floaty and not tight as fuck
>defends KH2FM giant bosses not having screenshake or hitstop let alone hitstun
>it's ok if speedrunners found the methods that means you can't do it for some reason
>has the sense to let you stay alive at 1hp multiple times because its babby tier
>KHfag calling someone else a casual

KH2FM is complete fucking garbage, there's a reason why it's a joke and noone takes the speedrun community for it seriously.
>>
>>379178141
>Roxas's RC
>which completely changes his behavior and gives your physical attacks additional properties if you choose to use it
>adds nothing to the game
>>
File: chaos-rings-3.jpg (213KB, 596x336px) Image search: [Google]
chaos-rings-3.jpg
213KB, 596x336px
Favorites
>Chaos Rings 3
>7th Dragon Code VFD
>Stranger of Sword City
Recently played
>Chaos Rings 2
>Fairy Fencer F ADF
>Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
I'd put Dragon's Dogma in my favorites, but since I just finished it, I want to let it simmer in my mind before I make that decision.
Not looking forward to anything that has been announced as of yet, but if another Chaos Rings gets announced, I'd be hype as fuck boiii
>>
>>379178852
Is it any good?

I've found some spinoff TRPGs to be pretty good. Valkyrie Profile CotP was a very unique game and is worth a playthrough despite being pretty simple and easy. Wild Arms XF had really solid level design and class balance for the first half of the game, you really had to use some strategy to achieve victory and I liked the puzzle-type maps and hex grid.
>>
>>379179153
>Favorites
>7th Dragon Code VFD

I know tastes are subjective, but there are times when something is objectively so horrendous that I must question anyone who claims to like said thing.
>>
>>379142049
The remake isn't that long, though. I finished mine in ~60 hours.
>>
>>379178737
>>379178852
I love when random non-srpg series get an srpg game for no apparent reason.

>Wild Arms XF
>Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars (I guess this is more TBT but whatever)
>Pokemon Conquest
>Suikoden Tactics
>>
File: ULUS10297_00006.jpg (42KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10297_00006.jpg
42KB, 960x544px
>Enjoy recruiting generic soldiers and naming them in strategy and tactics games
>Building them up from shitty peasant to demi-god
>Less and less games do this
>>
File: nice reaction command.png (877KB, 1470x674px) Image search: [Google]
nice reaction command.png
877KB, 1470x674px
>>379178826
>Thinks lingering will doesn't have reaction commands

>faggot fan video by literally who explaining a thing that is never mentioned in the game
Nope.

Mash triangle says hi.
MP gauge which refills says hi.
Heals have iframes when you do, you are just gimping yourself by not using it
Which means nothing because you don't need MP for anything else since the only magic ever really needed id cure magic, everything else you never need to use in the game
>Mentions XV out of the blue
Who said anything about XV?
Where is this haste like effect in KH exactly?
And what the fuck else are you going to use a consumable resource for? Why would being on the ground be a challenge?
You'll never die anyway and any time you would need to use one is next to never, you recover MP fast enough the way it is anyway
>random speedrun data fight
What is this supposed to prove exactly? Why would I ever need offensive magic when not trying to beat some faggot speedrun record like everyone else is doing?
No one uses magic for mob fights.
>>
>>379138737

You people that openly admit to shitposting like it's just some normal pastime are human waste and probably millennials (so also human waste for that reason) I hope you know that.
>>
>>379179509
I didn't even know JRPGs would let you do this. What games?
>>
>>379178948
You're defending some faggot who is saying it, what other reason would you have to do that unless you agreed with him?
>>
>>379179603
pretty much any SRPG that doesn't have iron fist railroading.
>>
>>379179087
Oh an optional attack boost holy fuck what a game changer.
>>
File: ULUS10297_00007.jpg (119KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10297_00007.jpg
119KB, 960x544px
>>379179603
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy Tactics
Disgaea
Wild Arms XF
Ragnarok Odyssey

Are the ones that come to mind first.
>>
>>379179331
I enjoyed it anon, what can I say? It was a >fun game with >fun bosses. The story might have been garbage, but I liked going around and hunting down dragons
>>
>>379144573
What I meant was I enjoyed that it didn't have them. "Little" is a bit of an understatement, it has none. What's wrong with the combat though? I enjoyed the element management system and it was difficult enough. I know this might sound silly but I have replayed TLoL quite a few times and enjoyed the sense of value in certain items given how NG+ works.
>>
>>379178976
>he thinks cave of rememberance is hard
Not so bad once you're used to it. Certainly better than any trash in FFXV.

>he thinks QTEs are good
With good execution, most anything can be.

>he then says "hardest fight" has none, therefo showing they're useless shit forced into the game
How is one fight choosing to forego it make it not contribute to the others, even ones designed around it? Xaldy is considered one of the harder fights and RC centric.

>spamming x is his definition of mixing it up
>what are Square attacks
>what are magic shortcuts
>what are Limits

>no light or heavy attacks
Like DMC.

>just one regular attack button and dodge button
KH doesn't have a dodge button.

>which don't even comho together properly
>HS into aerial finish isn't a combo now
>neither are ground strings into Finishing Leap
What?

>thinks MP bar doesn't fill up anyway
>thinks getting to heal as little as every 50 seconds is 'spamming' heals

>Thinks you'll ever need heals that desperately or frequently
Try Data Xaldy without Reflect, Limits, or softcapped stats sometime. See how that works out.

>cheeseable bosses at lvl1 are somehow good
>using extremely precise, effective strategies that involve a back and forth with the majority of bosses is cheesing now

>defends shitty floaty trash combos while bullshitting that bayo or DMC are floaty
Bayonetta is super floating, some strings can be repeated indefinitely in the air against an enemy by simply repeating them over and over.

>defends KH2FM giant bosses not having screenshake or hitstop let alone hitstun
Like DMC and Bayonetta's.

>you can't do it for some reason
Where was that ever implied. That the game allows for a high degree of optimization is a very good thing, instead of chipping things to death.

>has the sense to let you stay alive at 1hp multiple times because its babby tier
Like Bayonetta.

>KH2FM is complete fucking garbage
Saying things doesn't automatically make them true XV kun.
>>
File: Hoshigami_PSXBOX_JPN.jpg (46KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
Hoshigami_PSXBOX_JPN.jpg
46KB, 500x479px
>>379179603
Have fun Anon.
>>
>>379179891
>>379179891
>>379179891
>>
>>379179331
VFD was good. If you had played the previous games it also ties together a lot of loose plot ends very nicely and the story comes together well.
>>
File: 1455303693306.jpg (15KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1455303693306.jpg
15KB, 512x512px
>>379179882
>Somebody actually recommending Hoshigami
This isn't going to end well
>>
>>379180001
:^)
>>
File: autism4.png (197KB, 1528x948px) Image search: [Google]
autism4.png
197KB, 1528x948px
>>379178091
>tries to call someone else insane.
>>
>>379138534
Soul hackers is a more archaic SMT but it's short and pretty damn fun honestly plus a nice little story
>>
>>379179721
>>379179808
>>379179882
Thanks lads, I've got a lot to try now
>>
>>379179564
>Thinks lingering will doesn't have reaction commands
That isn't a RC, it's one of Limit Form's Limits. Again, try playing the game first.

>the game has to spell out a mechanic for it to exist
Guess IV's don't exist in the Pokemon games anymore, or the ammo counter in RE4.

>Mash triangle says hi.
Mashing triangle usually does nothing and will often get you killed.

>MP gauge which refills says hi.
Yes, the thing that limits your heals is letting you spam heals.

>Which means nothing because you don't need MP for anything else since the only magic ever really needed id cure magic
Cure is a safety net for retards that doesn't matter when you're dying in one hit. The other spells, particularly Reflect and Magnet, are far more useful.

>everything else you never need to use in the game
Kind of like all other options but the defaults in DMC and Bayonetta. We going to pretend options are bad things now?

>Who said anything about XV?
I did XV kun.

>Where is this haste like effect in KH exactly?
Where did I say it was in KH?

>And what the fuck else are you going to use a consumable resource for?
You do realize consumable resources are consumable, and therefore limited, and break DMC and Bayonetta far more than KH, yes?

>Why would being on the ground be a challenge?
Because you're more open there?

>You'll never die anyway
Like in vanilla DMC and Bayonetta conditions.

>you recover MP fast enough
>50 seconds
>'fast'
>in an Action game

>What is this supposed to prove exactly?
That magic is useful.

>Why would I ever need offensive magic
Same reason you use things beyond Rebellion and E&I in DMC and Scarborough Fair in Bayonetta, fun and effectiveness.

>No one uses magic for mob fights.
Magnet->Thunder is how everyone goes through the Cups, even before FM came out.
>>
>>379179869
Who said anything about XV? Why are you deflecting so hard?

>With good execution, most anything can be.
KH2 has nothing good executed.

If it's so good then why isn't it in every fight? Oh right because it's shit and you're a cuck.

Guess you can't read either. Magic shortcuts are not different attack buttons, it's a shortcut menu because the command menu is so poorly designed
Limits are just shitty attack boosts with gay flashy combos
Square attacks I already said what they are, shitty temporarily context sensitive regular attacks using the same button as the dodge button

>KH doesn't have a dodge button.
Square. Have you played KH? Square is the dodge/block button.

They don't flow at all and are clearly separate attacks.

>thinks spamming cure whenever you need to, which is next to never because the game is piss easy, and doing so when you have MP is some sort of challenge when it recharges anyway

I bet you think the command deck recharging in KHBBS and DDD is some sort of deep mechanic too or something.

>Try gimping yourself
Is that your definition of difficulty?

>extremely precise
>shitty cheese strats that show how shit the game is is somehow depth

>trying to call bayonetta floaty when KH2 is the floatiest arpg in existence and takes years before sora lands on the ground again

>defelcting onto DMC and bayo again because he knows KH2FM is shit
>there is no actual optimization in KH2FM because it's a shitty kiddie game with no depth or challenge
>deflecting onto easy mode of bayo when he's trying to cling to KH2FM hardest mode being hard
So bayo's easy mode is the same level of difficutly as the hardest of KH2FM? My sides

>Brings up XV again for no reason

You seem extremely desperate there to deflect onto random shit
>>
>>379179647
>You're defending some faggot who is saying it
Where did he say it was.
>>
>>379179891
>>379179891
>>379179891

MIGRATE YOU FAGGOTS
>>
>>379179728
>Oh an optional attack boos
And completely altering the boss's behavior. That is a big deal.
>>
>>379180869
I did
this is just two people arguing about kh now
>>
>>379180720
>reaction command isn't a reaction command because it's initiated from a limit
MY SIDES

Pokemon has a way to specifically train the IVs and to manage EVs because it's part of the meta of the game acknowledged by the devs and items put in the game to influence how you can distribute them from through breeding. Revenge Value is never mentioned by SE or even acknowledged by anyone who ever worked on the game, it's a meme phrase retarded fanboys try to cling to to try and make KH2 look like it has hidden depth.

Mash triangle lets you win
You can spam to heal whenever it's full
So now you're saying you're casual if you use cure? So what isn't casual in KH2FM?

Reflect and magnet are never once needed in the game.

So you pretend options in other games are a bad thing but not in KH2FM?

Why are you deflecting to XV again? Are you triggered by XV or something?

Why did you pretend it matters for ARPGs to begin with?

You realize that consumables are there to be consumed, and therefore are a resource you can use if you need it, yes?

>Because you're more open there?
So move to an area you won't be hit in.

>Like in vanilla DMC and Bayonetta conditions.
Still deflecting instead of conceding the point flat out.

>in an Action game
Yeah it is, for auto recover free iframe magic resource

>That magic is useful.
No, it shows that some random speedrun used it, not a regular playthrug of that fight where it won't be used.

Still deflecting I see

No one cares about anything other than cure for magic in KH.
>>
>>379180835
In the post where he started legitimately saying KH2FM is better than DMC3 and Bayonetta here re>>379175845 and hee>>379176690
>>
SBK91 is a fucking cuck.
>>
>>379180770
>Who said anything about XV?
Why are you so afraid to discuss it XV kun? You're usually more than happy to gush about it.

>KH2 has nothing good executed.
Guard.

>If it's so good then why isn't it in every fight?
Why isn't every fight in DMC an environmental boss? Because variety in gameplay is a good thing, and keeps things from getting stale.

>Magic shortcuts are not different attack buttons
They literally add two more attack buttons.

>Limits are just shitty attack boosts
As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Limits are not boosts, they are entirely different attacks, many of which scale vastly differently from anything else in the game.

>shitty temporarily context sensitive regular attacks
By that standard aerial attacks in DMC and Bayonetta are shitty temporary context sensitive regular attacks, make up your fucking mind.

>Square is the dodge/block button.
Square is the button some other inputs are mapped to, it is not a dedicated dodge.

>They don't flow at all
They flow directly into each other like combos in DMC and Bayonetta.

>which is next to never because the game is piss easy
Try it outside baby settings. See how 'easy' it is.

>I bet you think the command deck recharging in KHBBS and DDD is some sort of deep mechanic too
No, I don't.

>Try gimping yourself
Like people constantly do in Bayo/DMC to make them not complete jokes?

>shitty cheese strats that show how shit the game is
Please explain how optimizing counter attack chains and normal direct damage combos around boss behavior is 'shitty'.

>trying to call bayonetta floaty when KH2 is the floatiest arpg
>arpg
Couldn't make a direct comparison between the two?

If KH2FM is shit because it does X, and Bayo and DMC also do X, then Bayo and DMC are also shit.

>there is no actual optimization
Explain why is Base Sora so strong in the main game compared to the Forms.
>>
>>379182103

Who said anything about XV? Why are you deflecting so hard?

>With good execution, most anything can be.
KH2 has nothing good executed.

If it's so good then why isn't it in every fight? Oh right because it's shit and you're a cuck.

Guess you can't read either. Magic shortcuts are not different attack buttons, it's a shortcut menu because the command menu is so poorly designed
Limits are just shitty attack boosts with gay flashy combos
Square attacks I already said what they are, shitty temporarily context sensitive regular attacks using the same button as the dodge button

>KH doesn't have a dodge button.
Square. Have you played KH? Square is the dodge/block button.

They don't flow at all and are clearly separate attacks.

>thinks spamming cure whenever you need to, which is next to never because the game is piss easy, and doing so when you have MP is some sort of challenge when it recharges anyway

I bet you think the command deck recharging in KHBBS and DDD is some sort of deep mechanic too or something.

>Try gimping yourself
Is that your definition of difficulty?

>extremely precise
>shitty cheese strats that show how shit the game is is somehow depth

>trying to call bayonetta floaty when KH2 is the floatiest arpg in existence and takes years before sora lands on the ground again

>there is no actual optimization in KH2FM because it's a shitty kiddie game with no depth or challenge
>deflecting onto easy mode of bayo when he's trying to cling to KH2FM hardest mode being hard
So bayo's easy mode is the same level of difficutly as the hardest of KH2FM? My sides

>Brings up XV again for no reason

You seem extremely desperate there to deflect onto random shit
>>
>>379180770
>deflecting onto easy mode of bayo
Bayonetta has a passive Second Chance mechanic on all difficulties. The more you know.
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.