[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any MMOs currently available that don't suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 26

File: header[1].jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
45KB, 460x215px
Are there any MMOs currently available that don't suck?
>>
Currently no.

MMOs used to be about roleplay and story. Now they're about buildfags.
>>
>>377646201
Guild Wars
>>
>>377646201
The answer is no.
Just like every fucking thread before.
I bet you're the same faggot that reposts the phone gaming threads. It's the same answer there too.
>>
None that I'd want /v/ to infest.
>>
>>377646391
It's available, and a great game. But it's pretty much singleplayer with henchmen and dead.
>>
Here's why you can't have MMOs anymore.

Information and Innocence.

Players have access to information nigh instantly, negating any exploration or mystery.

Players have already played the best/worst MMOs out there, meaning that they already know what is good or bad according to their preferences, therefore making an MMO that appeals to them is incredibly limited (hence why we got so many WoW clones)

The MMO genre is also one that is clearly made for people with no responsabilities and or unemployable. The time investements to make the game feel like a significant adventure is improper for adults.

Therefore MMOs turned from WoW to Minecraft. Kids play almost every variants of Minecraft which is basicly the World of Warcraft of the videogame version of Legos.

Give today's youth Vanilla WoW and delete all the information gathered from it's now 10+ years of play time and i guarantee you it will still be as awe inspiring as the first time you yourself stepped into Azeroth.
>>
File: 1493738472098.png (40KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
1493738472098.png
40KB, 298x279px
>>377646846
>mfw i played the best mmo that isn't based on wow during it's prime from beginning to end.
>>
ESO, ignore /v/ because they can't let the troubled launch go. It's not perfect but I enjoy it. Make your own opinion before following the hivemind, base game is cheap anymore so you don't have to spend a lot of money if skeptical.
>>
>>377646420
No, sorry for the repeat thread, it's honestly been months since I've been on /v/.
>>
>>377646872
I played Vanilla WoW - Thottbot always existed.
>>
>>377646872
>The time investements to make the game feel like a significant adventure is improper for adults.

This mainly applies to MMOs that focus on endgame to give the option for unhealthy adults to one up other players in gear grinding.

Stable adults usually take their leisure leveling in MMOs. It's the reason people keep coming back to vanilla WoW because leveling actually feels like an adventure instead of shiny class promotions to level up for to make it seem like you're having fun.
>>
A better question is, are there any non-sandbox MMOs that have good endgame? Every time, the journey is more exciting than the destination.
>>
>>377647213
Ignore shills because they're paid to sell this schlock. Don't waste your time on a cheap cash out on the TES franchise.
>>
>>377647627
Everquest (not modern) and Everquest 2 in some people's opinions.
>>
>>377647584
> It's the reason people keep coming back to vanilla WoW because leveling actually feels like an adventure

Nailed it.
>>
LOTRO if you're a Tolkien man
>>
>>377646201
Runescape

>>377647627
Runescape
>>
>>377646201
The issue with that is that most MMOs are designed to sap as much time and money from players as possible. You frequently have to grind for hundreds and hundreds of hours just to experience half of the game's content.
>>
>>377647584
> It's the reason people keep coming back to vanilla WoW because leveling actually feels like an adventure
Pretty much this. Too much focus on skipping the adventure nowadays in exchange for the end game.
>>
>>377646374
Don't forget the grindfags and how setting your life up around the lives of others for "party activities" sucks.

I like having a life and being able to game on my own time. Getting up at 2 Am for a raid sucks ass.

>>377646872
> The MMO genre is also one that is clearly made for people with no responsabilities and or unemployable.

Agreed.
>>
>>377647627
The 4th Coming

Old 90s MMO I used to play as a kid

Basically get to level 200, reincarnate back to level 1 with better growth rates and town buffs that you can give to players that last up to 5 to 13 hours.

The fruits of your labor can make you the most popular player for sheer good will alone.
>>
>>377648020
Fucking around in Strangethorn, Scarlet Monastery, etc. There were so many places in Vanilla WoW to just hang out and socialize or do a little PvP.

Totally dead these days, unfortunately.
>>
Ragnarok
>>
>every MMO has a group finder now

I hate them so much. Poor little autists can't handle making groups themselves so everyones experience gets ruined.
>>
File: 1493307546852.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493307546852.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>tfw it used to be about living in a new world, socializing and becoming immersed
>now it's all rushing to max level and raiding

Why the fuck did the genre have to drive off a cliff?
>>
>>377648742
This would probably be ok if any of the games had decent raiding.
>>
>>377648742
If Crowfall delivers, it may give you just that.
It probably won't, but I like the idea of the crafting system.
>>
>>377648718
All you have to do to find a group is go out and do it. Stop being such a gigantic autist and don't deflect to a convenience tool.
>>
>>377648742
Reminds me of my last week of playing WoW.

Was around a month into ICC opening, I had left my guild a few months back as the guild merged with another and the people I knew slowly drained out, so I mostly focused on PvP (Disc priest was fun shit in WotLK). Over time I even stopped bothering with PvP. I'd literally log on, wander around, maybe do one or two dailies I enjoyed doing, then log off.

That last week? I just sat on my priest in Dalaran chatting with a friend for a couple hours and then logging off. Last day of doing that I told him this has just turned into a $15 chatroom and I'm quitting.

I just remember starting up when BC did (I missed out on vanilla due to not having my own computer), meeting the old guildmates, and having a great time raiding and such.

But once you lose close active friends in an MMO it's hard to keep going.
>>
>>377649235
>Everyone is using this tool
>Ask around, finally get 1 other person
>They leave an hour later cause nobody else is bothering with low-level LFG/LFP messages and is just using the auto-finder
Brilliant.
>>
>>377649083
considering that it's pvp focused, it's going to turn a lot of people off.
Might end up with too many wolves and not enough sheep.
>>
>>377648742
I feel like this greentext is also an allegory to life.
>>
File: 1481067625377.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
1481067625377.png
276KB, 424x412px
>>377646872
I know how to solve all those problems but I'm not gonna tell ya.

I know how to make the next gen MMO but I won't have the resources to make it for at the very least another 10-20 years.

See ya then, it's gonna be bigger than WoW ever was
>>
>>377649474
Well, from what I've seen, they plan to have a very expansive crafting system and by extension economy, so that's what interests me most.
>>
>>377649083
There's also Chronicles of Elyria.

The IDEA looks extremely promising, but the piece of crap they shown at PAX months ago along with the fact it keeps getting bumped up release dates is diminishing my hopes.
>>
>>377649235
>Group finder becomes industry standard
>grinding dungeons quickly becomes standard
>development revolves around it

Hello ESO, and grinding level 10 dungeons at cap for a 5 piece set that comes in random traits

>don't deflect to a convenience tool.
Convenience doesn't prevent something from being pervasively cancerous, no matter how little you've thought about it
>>
>>377649302

>But once you lose close active friends in an MMO it's hard to keep going.

This so much. What pains me is that I can only get a sense of satisfaction by playing a new MMO since the current ones either leave you in the dust or they're old.
>>
File: 1493307778895.png (492KB, 432x398px) Image search: [Google]
1493307778895.png
492KB, 432x398px
>>377649302
That's the problem as well, once you lose your close friends there's very little incentive to keep playing. Hell, I feel it's even harder nowadays to make and meet new friends, after losing your old ones.

Before group finder in WoW, I remember asking in general chat for people. This would cause spontaneous conversation not even related to said group, shitposting in chat, and just a general good time. Probably helped that the leveling, and the journey took time causing for more adventurers to be out in the world and natural forms of socialization to occur. Probably the largest reason why playing at the beginning of a new expansion is so much fun, there's people everywhere and the world feels alive.

The genre has become some glorified lobby game system where you sit in towns and jack off, only leaving if your daily is up.
>>
>>377646201
Why, The Elder Scrollsâ„¢: Tamriel Unlimited, of course!
>>
File: 1369348017908.png (132KB, 405x400px) Image search: [Google]
1369348017908.png
132KB, 405x400px
>>377647213
I tried to play it and the launcher would stop after "preparing to install." Can't give a game a second chance if it literally won't let you.
>>
>>377649683
Now see, there's some things I REALLY don't like about CoE that turn me off, completely unrelated to the fact it's probably never gonna release and probably be shit.
>We want Players to be the main source of conflict in the game
>Oh also people will know if you've done a bunch of bad deeds even if word never gets out and you kept all your victims tied up in a dungeon forever
>Oh also, being caught as a thief/murderer/whatever bad deed in cities in peace-time not only nets your player jail-time for a real-world duration, but also takes a sizable chunk of time off your character's life, not huge like real world months, but hours in addition to the time spent rotting, plus your skills atrophy
>Pay-per-life and since you're only good at a few things on each life, you'll want to buy more than one to experience more of the game
>But each character also stays online until true death, meaning you are at the mercy of the AI other players/yourself/the Developers have created while offline/on another character
>Oh and if a character dies for real and their soul is unbound, their gained bonuses to skills on rebirth will slowly atrophy over time if you don't give them a new life within some-odd time
>Combat is absolute fucking garbage
>Magic will be stupid rare and most players probably won't even find out they have it if they do
>>
>>377649478
You're not wrong, thanks Capitalism.
>>
>>377650048
Dominic Green did a book revolving around a game like that. Was to mostly mock MMOs and their players, but was a funny book regardless.
>>
>>377646201
currently trying FF
free to play until lvl 35
I can see why some like it
but at lvl 18 I'm a bit tired of it
>>
>>377647584
>leveling actually feels like an adventure
Holy fuck, this. I remember leveling my first character through WoW, it all felt so magical. That feeling of awe when you first start to explore a new area, the fear and apprehension when I reached the first zones with PvP, the thrill of my first kill ever, the sheer curiosity to see what you can find in an Elite area or a dungeon, meeting other people who also didn't know what was going on and exploring together, then the first raids and the excitement of seeing high-level content combined with the fear of fucking it up for so many other people, later on the PvP and helping others who were exploring for the first time, that's what made it so good.

Fuck, I got all nostalgic about it, I don't even want to think about GW or it's gonna get worse. Never again, I doubt I'll be able to enjoy a MMO like that. Nowadays everything feels like a means to and end with no fun in the actual journey, but the journey was one of the best parts. Maybe it's just me because I'm 10+ years older now.
>>
Ashes of Creation looks like it could be promising, too.
>>
>>377650231
No way, there were plenty of old fucks I played with that found more enjoyment in the leveling of new characters than I even did as a younger kid.
>>
File: wwo.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wwo.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
Wild West Online will release later this year.
>>
>>377650398
>This R-Rated adult game

So have they been edgy tryhards about it or does it just show tits?
>>
>>377650048
>We want Players to be the main source of conflict in the game

In theory, this idea almost always works as long as it's a fresh sandbox game. Like Space Station 13 for example, no matter how much you keep your server orderly, chaos always erupts.

>Oh also people will know if you've done a bunch of bad deeds even if word never gets out and you kept all your victims tied up in a dungeon forever
>Oh also, being caught as a thief/murderer/whatever bad deed in cities in peace-time not only nets your player jail-time for a real-world duration, but also takes a sizable chunk of time off your character's life, not huge like real world months, but hours in addition to the time spent rotting, plus your skills atrophy

Honestly I don't see how they're going to handle player conflict in general since it'll just suck for the other player on the end. The anti griefing methods also seem weak.

>Pay-per-life and since you're only good at a few things on each life, you'll want to buy more than one to experience more of the game

Doesn't seem too bad, since you'll get a free revival if you aren't famous or a King. Long term, I can see it being an issue.

>Combat is absolute fucking garbage

Still in Alpha, which usually doesn't mean shit buuuut we'll see!
>>
File: wwo.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wwo.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>377650569
Probably a bit of both.
>>
>>377650376
It wasn't really about the leveling itself for me, it was more about exploring a vast world for the first time and seeing what it has to offer. So many years later I've played so many more games that I have a much better grasp on the medium and know what to expect, I don't know if I could approach a game with the same naivety and get so immersed. The game would have to do something completely unexpected and unprecedented to legitimately catch me off guard like that.
>>
>>377646201
No, and there never will be. MMO's are and always were retarded, but they were the best online chat rooms available.
>>
>>377650703
>Muh Alpha
I know you mean well, but a major game factor doesn't just miraculously become not shit when transitioning from Alpha to Beta to Live.
If it turns out good, I will concede that they did a good job, but I have serious doubts still.
>>
>>377647581
That is true, but there is a clear line between looking up thottbot and following a 100% precise tried and true min/max guide to max level.

Even with Thottbot it took players 5x more playtime to get to max level because there was this constant awe and the desire to explore and experiment that is completely gone now.

They really caught lightning in a bottle with MMOs. It needed everything to be at the right place at the right time for the experience to truely shine like it once did. The ingredients have spoiled now.
>>
File: mTWGbch_zps493fa8d4.png (165KB, 226x361px) Image search: [Google]
mTWGbch_zps493fa8d4.png
165KB, 226x361px
Nobody can release an MMO worth a damn except Blizzard, even Square nearly went bankrupt over their MMO until scrapping it and copying WoW.
>>
WHO PANTHEON HERE?

It looks so good, unf.
>>
File: xdODLpX.jpg (25KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
xdODLpX.jpg
25KB, 300x246px
>>377651493
I still play wildstar.
If xiv was half as enjoyable to play I would've dropped it completely.
>>
>>377652231
Is it active, even if in a small community? I really loved Wildstar, and I would still play it if it was active.
>>
>>377652231
How's Wildstar ? How can the game work with 500 players at peak times ?
>>
>>377652429
That's kind of sad when you take a look at garbage like Tree of Savior and it has 10 times the player base.

I mean Wildstar is no masterpiece, but it's definitely not a bad game.
>>
File: wbfpskill.jpg (561KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wbfpskill.jpg
561KB, 1920x1080px
>>377652362
There's a sizable enough community that still plays. The only thing you wouldn't be about to do consistently is pvp.

>>377652429
Not everyone plays the game through steam, some people prefer not to since it causes problems. I've never had a problem though so I play through steam.
>>
File: 31wO7UHCfAL[1].jpg (14KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
31wO7UHCfAL[1].jpg
14KB, 400x500px
EVE Online

inb4 underage spamming the "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
>>
>>377646201
Mmo's blow. Nowadays, they are either grindfests or are tailored to buildfags that know what they're doing. I dislike both so I don't bother anymore.
>>
>>377646201
Dungeons and dragons online is still one of my favorite mmo's and still gets new content. It's got really great dungeons and your class choice actually affects how you go through them. Some of them are stupidly difficult without a rogue to disarm traps or a wizard to decipher runes. I've never gotten to play through all the content because it's such an old game and I never find other people willing to play but even what I can solo is fun
>>
>>377652738
Tree of savior is an anime styled f2p kmmo. That alone guarantees it a sizable playerbase.
Meanwhile, the most common complaint I hear about wildstar is people not liking the artstyle.
>>
>>377652919
Is it possible to pick this back up after not playing for years?
>>
File: 1146878855id5628gol.jpg (49KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
1146878855id5628gol.jpg
49KB, 640x320px
>>
>>377653193
Absolutely. You can always check the tutorials again or use the newbie channel to ask shit. Or you can make a new character to play through the tutorial.
>>
>>377650048
WANT
>>
>>377647109

City of Heroes?

Tabula Rasa?

Matrix Online?

Hellgate: London?
>>
>>377653306
Why?
>>377653438
>CoH
More than likely this.
>>
>>377649585

>Anime poster
>MyDadWorksAtGameboycolor.txt
>>
>>377650569
>what is westworld
>>
>>377653494
Content based of peoples, a sandbox not scripted lunapark you running 5414124 times
>>
>>377653638
I think WWO is more Deadwood than Westworld
>>
>>377649302
Kinda funny, when i was younger I used to play a lot of RO and what I liked about that is the experience and interaction with other, grinding a card for days with someone, or going for a MVP just to fail.

Anyway, I tried WoW few months ago and I liked how I can do a lot of shit without interacting with people beside some endgame, but I still can fish, collect mounts, pets and shit without needed someone and that's what i'm looking for.
>>
>>377650398
Holy shit, it sounds good, but the pvp aspects sound terrible.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_032317_140715.jpg (164KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_032317_140715.jpg
164KB, 1680x1050px
If I may take a moment to shill a WoW private server I play on,

>WotLK 3.3.5 Client with only Vanilla content available
>There are no classes - all spells are available from all trees at every other level at appropriate levels
>Can wear any armor type, use any weapon combination
>World PvP, Horde can kill Horde and Alliance can kill Alliance
>Hardcore server, killing anyone within 5 levels of you makes them drop a chest with some of their items inside
>Instances are tuned to be much more difficult
>Chance of getting gear with enchants of random talents, such as +4 STR +4 STAM belt with +5% armor contribution to leather items

I've one character that's named Buffbot, that only has every buff in the game but only a little bit of crowd control and two heals. Another character is a Monk, using Warrior, Rogue and Priest abilities to be an AoE melee fighter that scales off of INT for AP. Gonna' make an Inquisitor that's a Rogue / Priest / Fire Mage once the softcore server launches.

Might not be up most people's alley, but it's neat nonetheless.
>>
>>377654478
>Shilling your server
>Don't even name it
>>
>>377654478
sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>377654595
ascention. I'm not that guy but it's a shit ton of fun. I thought the open classes would suck, but they balanced it out so that it works. No cookie cutter builds, though most everyone takes pally bubble.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_012017_012859.jpg (205KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_012017_012859.jpg
205KB, 1680x1050px
>>377654595

It's called Project Ascension.

>>377654619

That's totally, like, your opinion, man. But I'm a stupid person, so who knows.
>>
File: docfu.jpg (27KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
docfu.jpg
27KB, 570x300px
>>377654174
But if it was, it'd be good. Which is very unlikely
>>
>>377652000
I'm with you. I just feel they are trying to copy everquest too much. We need to improve upon the past not just copy it
>>
>tfw can't honestly recommend Wildstar anymore since the primal matrix patch and that they officially canceled RMT hardmode
>future of the game is literally just the same content with inflated numbers and RNG loot (2% chance for a loot piece to be max possible ilvl, ??% chance for the item to even drop in the first place, weekly lockouts)

Been raiding for 2 years and I just quit yesterday.

Honestly, it's an amazing game. I still believe that it's the best MMO on the market right now - it just doesn't have a future. If you haven't touched it, play it now.

The raids are still elder god tier even if DPS these days allow you to skip 90% of all mechanics.

>>377654478
I'm waiting for Crestfall.
>>
>>377646374
>MMOs used to be about roleplay and story.
kek, mmos were always about grind don't kid yourself grandpa, all mmos had shit story and roleplay? don't make me laugh most people aren't autists like you
>>
>>377655124
>tfw can't honestly recommend Wildstar anymore
I can. The primal matrix hasn't fucked everything over yet. I mean, you just said you raided for 2 years. Even if the game has no future, if someone starts now and plays for 2 years that's still pretty good.
>>
>>377655124
>DPS skipping phases
I hate this, I hate it so much. It just shoehorns this stupid DPS only meta into everything and creates fucking idiots who only know how to do their rotation and look at their DPS meter.
>>
>>377650398
Man, there is little to no information about this game. Went to their website, there isn't much to go on there. I got a general idea of what the game is, but no projected release, no gameplay, no real idea if its a real game, or just like GTAV.

Is it even launching this year?
>>
>>377655347
To be fair, even when you can skip phases you usually still have to pay attention.
>>
>>377655648
I just mean in general. It keeps infecting MMOs with the 1% just pushing for maximizing DPS and then it trickles down and everything thinks "DPS is obviously the only thing that matters!"
>>
>>377646201
You can give LotRO a try.

It has stuff locked behind paid content but if I remember right completing quests or achievements gets you the turbine money to buy stuff
>>
>>377655347
That's another thing. The ever-increasing majority of players are braindead retards because they get taught a rotation and then get carried. With more and more OGs (who make the strats and design the rotations) jumping ship, I can't imagine a bright future with the current generation of raiders being the local authorities.

>>377655293
You're right, but it's the principle of the matter. Anything with the word "Prime" in it is just a declaration that all they can do is put treadmills on top of treadmills on top of timegates. I hate watching it come to this.
>>
>>377655347
The thing about DPS-skipping is that you have to balance between giving shit too much HP and becoming sponges which people hate and giving them not enough, becoming trash that just explodes into pretty colors and loot.
Another thing that annoys me is Enrage timers.
>Dude, you outright need 2 DPS in your party or you'll wipe because (insert king of dildos here) will enrage after X minutes because you can't kill him fast enough with 2 Tank 2 Support!
>>
>>377656195
>Enrage timers
They're fine if they're not stapled onto every boss and leave enough space for compositions that aren't totally optimal unless it's end-game content that requires notable skill to complete.
>>
>>377656195
I think having phase transitions or mechanics like stopping DPS or else it reflects damage etc can avoid just inflating the bosses health.
>>
>>377647109
It was a great feeling. Such a dynamic and wonderful rpg, in half tempted to reinstall it and play it fuckin solo
>>
>>377656195
>ALRIGHT THAT'S IT, TIME TO DIE, SAPEINTS

pointless
>>
>>377654440
Why's that? It's a completely player driven system of crime and punishment, as far as I understood it correctly.
>>
>>377656989
I hate not being able to quest because the gank guild decided it was their time to play for 8 hours.
>>
>>377657131
If that happens, you could just post a bounty on the people harassing you.
>>
>its another 'what MMO isnt shit' thread
>its another MMO thread filled with people taking about WoW-features in an MMO thread
>its another everyone expects dungeons, raids, trinity/no trinity, LFG, levels, stats, clans/guilds, housing thread in their MMO

Until you faggots realize an MMO is just a giant persistent world with lots of people and that everything else is not an MMO feature, MMOs will always be generic WoW-rehash shit.
>>
>>377657378
A problem with that theory:
>Am broke, gonna go quest for money
>Gank Guild basically locks you out of that Quest, which is the only one you can really do at the moment
>Can't post a bounty cause you got no money to offer as a reward
>>
>>377657475
Gee, if only you had access to thousands of other people who also wanted money and would be willing to work with you to make money!

Fucking idiot
>>
>>377657475
Then you could turn to the lawmen, who have systems in place where they get paid to protect their towns and the citizens that dwell therein.

>Conversely a player might decide they want to stay on the right side of law. Visit the sheriff’s office and get appointed as deputy. A deputy’s duty is to safeguard all protected locations (it’s what they’re paid for) and must identify and apprehend/kill all bandits they see.
>>
File: 1492378211413.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492378211413.png
47KB, 500x430px
>tfw ArcheAge will never be what it should've been because of Trion being ultra Jews

IM
STILL
MAD
>>
>>377657918
Trion, while not as bad as Mycom or Nexxon, is still a garbage company who creates and publishes garbage games.
Trove should've been fucking amazing and the late Alpha early Beta builds were amazing. And then they just started pouring on update after update month after month of P2W with heavily limited content and horrible grinds, more and more for no fucking reason.
>>
>>377652738
Tree of savior player base dropped hard, it's on life support

Fucking piece of shit gook shilled their game everywhere that still drop to 20 fps if you have 5 players on screen
>>
Is the 2006 Runescape any good? I loved playing the game was I was younger. Quit when summoning was added, but really enjoyed it. I never got around to all of the content sadly.
>>
>>377659305
It's good.
Most members are pretty cancer, but the playerbase is alive and well.
>>
File: Secret_World_cover.jpg (713KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Secret_World_cover.jpg
713KB, 300x424px
>>
>>377659669
I'm glad to hear that. While I am not looking forward to the grind, I am sure that the game will have a lot to offer me even today.
>>
>>377646201
I used to play Wow in BC and early WotLK, then ditch it for warcraft and later maps and later dota and now, really, really, know how much time a MMO drains of you each day. Now only can enjoy a couple hours of the hobby, so I play things that I can start and finish in a couple hours.
>>
>>377659807
How's that game faring? What's it about gameplay wise? I have heard a lot of good shit but never got on board
>>
File: mh knife.jpg (61KB, 720x735px) Image search: [Google]
mh knife.jpg
61KB, 720x735px
Lately monster hunter is giving me the satisfaction I felt when doing some quests with my friends.

I would suck many dicks for a Online RPG game like monster hunter but with the following additions:

>Big tavern where you can meet and chat with other people
>Open map areas
>More about setting traps and learning about the monsters habits in the wild than hitting the monster a lot with a big sword.
>Guilds that compete with each other to complete the most quests.
>modifications for weapons that actually affect the weapon moveset itself.

And no PvP, in my opinion pvp is the thing that is ruining MMOs.
>>
>>377660183
Have you looked into Dauntless?
>>
>>377648567
I play path of Heroes on Android, level 90 today and have alot of fun with my Asian friends (im italian and addicted to grinding, spent 10years on Flyff)
>>
>>377646201

Nope.

FFXIV is casual Wow-like trash.
ESO is dead.
WoW is older than the average person playing it.
>>
>>377660341
>Dauntless

Would played it if it didn't have that shitty art design. Same reason why I didn't play torchlight 2 or diablo 3.
>>
File: 1486667792572.png (6KB, 99x103px) Image search: [Google]
1486667792572.png
6KB, 99x103px
>>377660518
>ESO is dead
>>
>>377660131
Wait for the remake.
>>
>>377660579
Nice one FF shill. ESO boasts more than 8M players. It is either the biggest or 2nd biggest MMO in terms of unique players.

I have played 110 hours into TESO and I have to say it's decent as fuck. It's not ES heavy which is bad imo and it's not your standard WoW copycat. PvP is very good but needs balancing between campaigns because dedicated guilds just steamroll the fuck out of you. Questing is fun enough, business model is not too bad and it's getting updates.
>>
What about Wakfu? I've heard they're planning to revamp areas and shit
>>
>>377661123
Wakfu is grind heavy. Otherwise a pretty decent game.
>>
>>377661224
>grind heavy
hey, if you're gonna have glorified chatrooms, might as well.
>>
File: 1488846076883.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1488846076883.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>377661092
good to see irony is alive and kicking
>>
>>377661092
I guess you still can't read.
>>
>>377661418

I was referring to >>377660518
>>
>>377649585
t. ideas guy
>>
I was around for a lot of mmo launches
Have not played mmo since archeage launch
The main difference i feel is not time investment but rather the atmosphere
Games like archeage or rift were just a massive rush fest
Wow before wotlk was a world where getting a party together was a feat and trekking to the summons stone was a mission and battling ur way in was fun people died lols were had
By the time u finish the dungeon u made friends joined guilds shared jokes
Every other mmo had zero strat it was just pewpew fast n hard
>>
>>377650398
Either this or RDR2 is gonna fail

no one wants to play 2 online westerns
>>
>>377660341
I'll wait for this to release. I'm not buying into early access bullshit
>>
File: 1494047997328.png (92KB, 295x229px) Image search: [Google]
1494047997328.png
92KB, 295x229px
>you will never experience everquest at launch
>>
>>377662448
Except you literally can and they're having another vanilla and slowly release the expansions over time event you can buy into soon if you don't wanna wait for a private server.
>>
File: 1450284998394.jpg (22KB, 463x463px) Image search: [Google]
1450284998394.jpg
22KB, 463x463px
>>377662448
>I'll never get to play FFXI during the golden age of CoP ever again
>>
>>377649993
Also leveling was harder in general, the mobs hit like a truck and there were quite a few elite group quests with nice rewards at the end of them. So you kind of had to group up with friends or other people leveling to get stuff done. Made a ton of friends that way. But they axed leveling difficulty and every single group quest.
>>
File: I don't have a clue.jpg (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I don't have a clue.jpg
113KB, 500x500px
Sort of unrelated, If Blizz ever decided to make WoW2, do you think they'll develop it like they did in Vanilla/BC, or stick with their current more accessible casual friendly setup? I have a feeling the latter because they've learned how to rake in an absorbent about of money, but it's always interesting to think about what such a game would look like if they went another route.
>>
Anyone want to play an mmo with me? I'll play whatever you want if you don't mind starting from the beginning of course.
>>
>>377663535
Current for that reason. They've refined it to a point that if they ever started over, it'd be a baseline. No need to go backwards and siphon less money out of your customer's pockets.
>>
>>377663535
>Hearthstone
>ASSFAGGOTS
>TF2 Clone

Do you really think Blizzard is going to make a legitimate game ever again? It's going to be a hyper polished version of whatever is easy to cash out on through microtransactions.

Personally I'm expecting some kind of Blizzard mobage.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.