[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLOODBORNE 2 - 99% CONFIRMED AT E3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 50

File: bb2.jpg (104KB, 1200x639px) Image search: [Google]
bb2.jpg
104KB, 1200x639px
a game developer on neogaf posted that he's 99% sure we'll get bloodborne 2 announced at E3.

thoughts on story etc?
>>
>>376692301
I don't think that's happening, OP. I imagine we will see some Armored Core though.
>>
>>376692301
>SonyGAF
>rumors
>GAF analyst also says the PS5 will come out next year
You should be shot on sight
>>
>>376692301
>Neogaf

And thus, OP's claim lost all credibility before it could even begin.
>>
File: bb.jpg (9KB, 449x201px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
9KB, 449x201px
>>376692383
probably heard it at GDC.
>>
>>376692358
Armored core is happening.
Whether we see it at E3 is another matter.
From software has never really showcased a armored core.
>>
Bloodborne really doesn't need a sequel and I'd be said if they start going for more cash grab shit after 2/3
>>
>Blooooorne II
>>
>>376692301
>neofag
Nice source faggot
>>
>>376692510
>misreading Bloocllcorne
Anon, please.
>>
>>376692301
If this is an official title, then why is all the weathering the exact same pattern?
>>
>>376692574
Anon, I think you misunderstand.
>BloocIIɔorne
>>
>>376692301
From software said that they are finished with souls games, dumb neogaf scum
>>
>>376692458
>im 99% sure well see it
Well he does day at e3 or when really. Me might see it in 2025. Who knows. That nigga sure dont.
>>
File: 10.jpg (16KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
16KB, 540x489px
>Wanting more Souls shit
It was a straight downward slope after Dark Souls, anyone who says otherwise is a shill or blind fanboy.
>>
File: Image-bloodborne-c01.jpg (269KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-c01.jpg
269KB, 1280x720px
>>376692589
That image isn't official, it's a mock-up that a graphic design student made.

Notice it's Sony Computer Entertainment, despite the fact they'd already been rebranded by that stage. Should be Sony Interactive Entertainment.
>>
>>376692678
Only BB and DaS1 should even exist. But BB came after and is better so you are still wrong.
>>
Some game developer?

Does he work for FormSoftware?

If not why does his opinion mean anything more than some guy?
>>
>>376692678
good thing this is bloodborne and not a souls game
>>
I'm way too /eyecare/ to play games with framerates under 60 FPS. Does boost mode pull Bloodborne up to at least 40 FPS rock solid or is it still a shutter mess?
>>
>>376692687
That was what I expected.

A real title would have unique decay on all the letters, this clearly looks like someone just laid a premade pattern over it.
>>
I honestly don't even want a Bloodborne 2. There's no need for it. There's nowhere meaningful left for it to go.
>>
>>376692852
Boost mode does not improve Bloodborne's frame rate or its occasional stutters, no. Some areas that were 28-30 fps with minor drops become rock solid 30 fps with slightly more minor drops. Do not buy a The Pro if the only thing you're going to play on it is BB
>>
File: 1443236923050.gif (734KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1443236923050.gif
734KB, 220x220px
>>376692301
Looks neat at least
>>
>>376692301
>99%
is that game develloper affiliated with firaxis by any chance?
>>
>>376692852
Bloodborne is paced to 30fps, at most you'll get that consistently but nothing could ever make it 60.
>>
>>376692997
it does improve its framerate to a consistent 30 throughout the entire game you faggot. the frame pacing is what isn't fixed, and what still causes the stutters.
>>
>>376692301
Sounds like a load of shit based on nothing.
>>
>>376692301
Bloodborne 2 has no reason to exist, it covered all the bases. There's nowhere to go with setting unless they want to abandon the goth/lovecraft aesthetic, so it would most certainly be a rehash.

Why can't you kids be happy with the game? Why do you want to put through the ringer? you fucks can't get enough of something until you're sick of it.
>>
>>376693259
>muh frame pacing

Fuck off portbeggar. It looks fine.
>>
>>376692301
I hope it has absolutely nothing to do with yahrnam, the blood curse, or any of the hunter/church/ bygernworth stuff.

Great ones is fine though. I'd love them to focus more on vampires this time around. There are so few good vampire games and someone has to turn them not into tween faggot romance stereotypes
>>
>>376692301
Can't From just move on from Souls and make their next big thing? I fucking hate it when developers have one big success then piss about in their comfort zone for decades never trying to innovate or try something daring.

Dark Souls is done, its over. That was the entire point TRC and DS3 was making. The universe has ended. Everything that can be done has been done with the formula. It's time to let go and move on.

Other developers will continue to be inspired by the games for years to come, some might even be inspired to take up the mantle of this archetype of game, but for gods sake just leave it alone.
>>
>>376693373
Bloodborne already covered vampires as much as they needed to be.

You forget what the game is pal. It's game with werewolves, catholic ghouls, witches, mad scientists, aliens, vampires, fishmen, and so on. It's a safari of gothic imagery. To focus exclusively on one element would get real fucking tedious.
>>
>>376692756
>>376692846
Bloodborne was a watering-down of a formula that had already overstayed its welcome by one game. Dark Souls 3 was milking a dead cow and Bloodborne 2 will be even moreso if it ever happens. Souls is shit, Souls is dead, if you have any taste you'll be fine with it staying that way.
>>
>>376693606
>>376692501
>The theme of the dark souls games revolves around the fire and dark. bloodborne is evolution
>Lordran is the center of the world. Yharnam is just a dream.

Bloodborne has a bigger discover space
>>
>>376693781
>Bloodborne removes all of the boring shit in Dark Souls and focuses on fun stuff like world design, characters, story and combat
>10x better than any Dark Souls game

Can't make this shit up lmao
>>
>>376693637
Probably, but they're such a footnote to the story, and the aren't actual vampires iirc. But yeah, I semi agree with you, it's hard to do it without it just falling into the same category.

Either way, it's probably safe to assume it's gonna have to do with great ones again, one way or another.
>>
>>376693912
Like I said, shills and blind fanboys. Which are you?
>>
>Souls sequels

Literally why.
>>
>>376693857
That's the point, at the end of the game you realize you only know a very small portion of the world, and the rest is supposed to be left unknown. A sequel would rape Bloodborne's story
>>
>>376693959
I NEED MOAR REEEEEEEEEEEE

>new game comes out

IT'S THE SAME WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>376693996
>Bloodborne
>PC

Awww you're retarded. How disgusting.
>>
mark my word, it will be 30 fps even on the pro
you know it to be true because of the parity in multiplayer (or at least as a convenient excuse for laziness)
won't even bother buying it if so
>>
>>376693781
>Bloodborne was a watering-down of a formula that had already overstayed its welcome
wow, I didn't expect you to come right out and ADMIT to being a retard. Good on you.
BB takes the souls formula and mixes it up in interesting ways, it's gameplay is totally distinct from the other souls games, and in some ways a lot harder, for instance it's impossible to turtle in BB which is a staple for inexperienced players in DaS.
you might know that if you had actually played it before shitposting.
>>
>>376694056
He's a fellow shill with reading comprehension problems. Seems you guys are so dedicated to being an acting defense force you'll fire on each other if a post contains a certain implication or combination of words.
>>
>>376694114
>He's a fellow shill with reading comprehension problems
So you're also a shill? Otherwise you wouldn't use the word fellow.
>>
File: 2.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>376692301
Probably won't be helmed by Miyazaki then. I recall him being somewhat displeased with the originals lack of variety in playstyles due to the small assortment of weapons available.

I don't really agree with this though, as Bloodborne is in my opinion the best souls game by a huge margin.

Rumor is 99% bullshit imo. even though i'm just a random faggot on a message board for sociopaths my word should hold about as much weight as some asshat on neogaf
>>
>>376694101
Yes I did know that, thanks. I was wondering when the tried-and-true "Y-YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT" argument was gonna come out. No one can play Bloodborne and dislike it, right? Well I played it and it bored me to tears. It took Souls combat and mixed it up? No, in Souls you can either circle strafe around an enemy with your shield up, attack when you have an opening, or mash dodge through telegraphed attacks and wait for an opening. Bloodborne removes one of these so it is always the latter, good job mouthbreather.

On top of that Bloodborne has gutted builed variety, gutted weapon variety, a sterilized and generic soundtrack which goes double for its scenery. Oh I wonder what this cobblestone pathway could lead to, is it another fucking cathedral? Suprise! It is! Oh boy I wonder if this area will have tentacle abominations or lycanthropes for enemies? Same with the shitty, lazy boss designs outside of a few like Shadow of Yharnam. Game is boring, game is shit. Don't even try to tell me the story is good because it's so pathetic that I'll save you the trouble of diving into it.
>>
>>376693781
>I don't like this thing so you shouldn't either, listen to how much superior I am to you.
>>
>>376694290
Miyazaki said he thought it was a problem, not that the game was total shit and he never wants to touch it again.
>>
>>376694290
>>376694562
IIRC he said it was down to the setting as much as anything else, which is a fair concern. I guess there's not really as much you can do class-wise with the spooky Victorian theme as you can with pretty straightforward dark sword and sorcery.
>>
>>376694290
>Probably won't be helmed by Miyazaki then

Good. DaS3 was dog shit. The man is running out of ideas. Get the guys who made the DaS2 dlc to make Bloodborne 2.
>>
>>376692458
Who is this guy?
>>
>>376694674
Miyazaki probably didn't even touch 3 that much, Bamco just slapped his name in the credits along the other two "co"-directors because he's a big boy in the industry now.
>>
>>376694625
Which ended up as one of the pros for BB thought. At least for many people, since the lack of variety in terms of weapons and styles, made it a tighter experience.
RPG fags were btfo, thats true, but most other people enjoyed it.
>>
File: Bloodborne.jpg (137KB, 519x884px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
137KB, 519x884px
>>376692301

Just thinking about it fills my eyes with tears of joy, I used to be a PC only gamer...

Every time I insulted Sony, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I insulted Studio Japan, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I called you a Sonyfag, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I called you a Sonygg3r, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I posted a crying Sony wojak, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I posted a crying black Sony wojak, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I posted a crying fat black Sony wojak, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I claimed Bloodborne is not a Souls game, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I ranked Bloodborne lower than other Souls game, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I claimed Bloodborne is edgy sickdark garbage, I was wrong, I apologize.
Every time I false flagged as a Sony fan and made them look retarded, I was wrong, I apologize.

After playing Bloodborne, I feel ashamed for my past behavior. Bloodborne is truly a great game, not only does it surpass the previous Souls games, it also transcends gaming, the gameplay, the presentation, the atmosphere, the soundtrack, the story, the world, the lore, it is unmatched by any other game.

Bloodborne is the only PlayStation 4 game I own and I don’t care, it is the best game I’ve ever played, despite being held back by the weak graphics and performance of the PlayStation 4 (compared to PC), it still transcends other games! That is how good Bloodborne is!

The old me has died, I am a new person, I had a rebirth… a rebirth in blood. I am never going back to “PC only gaming”, why not have the best of both worlds? Why limit yourself?

If you are a PC only gamer, please listen to me, you lack the insight to comprehend the wonders of gaming, you have to play Bloodborne, you can have a rebirth too, you can become like me! How? Easy, with a bit of Yharnam blood of your own…

We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood.
>>
>>376692301

One single employee from a developer said it? Holy shit it's definitely happening then!

How can people be this fucking dumb man, it's baffling.
>>
>2% attach rate franchise
whoa there little pony
your pal sony ain't gonna be footin the bill this time
>>
I REALLY want sci-fi souls
>>
>>376694816
I agree. I don't want a hundred straight swords with the exact same moveset. All the weapons in Bloodborne are so much more satisfying to use than anything in Souls.
>>
>>376693781

>watering-down

DUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR
>>
>>376692301
>99%
hasn't anyone played fucking xcom
>>
>>376694887
You think you do
>>
>>376692301
>SonyGAF
>99 %
>Hillary4Prez
>99,999999999999999999999999 % to win
>>
>>376692301

>We're done with the Souls Style game
>Make another Souls style game

The Souls series is the CoD of Japan
>>
>>376694972
get out Blizzard
>>
File: A hunters meal.png (215KB, 620x525px) Image search: [Google]
A hunters meal.png
215KB, 620x525px
I'd be pretty happy if this happened. I still think that they could do so much more with Bloodborne. The setting, the story and the weapons. A lot more. There's room for so many ridiculous hunter and otherworldly weapons.

Even if it doesn't live up to the first game I'd still be happy with more BB in my life. I've played the first one to death. But I might play it again if BB2 is announced.
>>
>>376692301
I won't believe it until we see some real leaks like last time
>>
>>376694336
>ignores the existence of trick weapons
>increased dodge speed
>health regain feature
>guns

>b-but y-you can't turtle so it's bad!!1!

top jej
>>
>>376692301
but bloodborne is still not on pc how could they make a sequel ?
>>
>>376695001
That's not what they said

They said the dark souls series was over
>>
File: 1390913694.jpg (51KB, 315x335px) Image search: [Google]
1390913694.jpg
51KB, 315x335px
>bb2 announced
>bb1 pc port announced
>>
>>376695018
>There's room for so many ridiculous hunter and otherworldly weapons.
This is the only thing I'm concerned about. From giving in to the souls babbies crying about their weapon variety, and suddenly BB2 ends up as DS4.
Keep it original and keep it tight. No need to accomodate for the "muh 253 different playthroughs" faggots. BB is the best From game for a reason.
>>
File: haha.jpg (40KB, 610x231px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
40KB, 610x231px
>>376695107
which one are you haha
>>
File: 1453997525001.jpg (429KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1453997525001.jpg
429KB, 800x609px
>>376695107
dont fuck with me
>>
I'd prefer a new ip like bloodborne was to ds, but if this happens, i take comfort in the fact that the ds sequels were for bamco and this won't be. Also studio japan are good
>>
>Hillary's chance at winning the presidency is 99.9%
>>
>>376695180
Now that you said it I'm actually a bit worried. BB is great because each weapon is unique. There are a couple repeats like saw cleaver and spear, but most of them are unique. What I want is shit ton of new unique weapons with interesting ideas behind them. And with how they work you can easily come up with all kinds of ridiculous weapons on the go, especially when they don't necessarily need to follow any rules. Look at weapons like the Bloodletter and Amygdalan arm from the DLC. There's so much potential.
>>
why does every single player character in bloodborne look like a cosplayer from a historical reenactment village? I hope they fix that if they make a second game
>>
>>376693781
>Souls is shit, Souls is dead, if you have any taste you'll be fine with it staying that way.

Nah, I'd still take an entire game following the events of Dark Souls 2 and I'm not even joking.

They could even make a prequel to DaS and I'd play it. You character could be working for Manus and you singlehandedly cause most major events in the game before Chosen Undead comes onto the scene.
>>
File: cts5_img3.jpg (117KB, 721x475px) Image search: [Google]
cts5_img3.jpg
117KB, 721x475px
>>376695268
>Also studio japan are good
>no SS x BB collab
shit would be cash considering their settings
>>
>>376695380
You never know. Though it's worth noting these two have started getting posted around again today.

>Teruyuki Toriyama, Japan Studio Producer at Sony Interactive Entertainment
>Known for: V! No Heroes Allowed R, Bloodborne, Soul Sacrifice
>Favorite title of 2016: Final Fantasy XV
>“While I can’t say any details yet, we’re also moving forward with the creation of ambitious new titles and new title concepts at the same time, so please continue to support Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio in 2017.”

>Masaaki Yamagiwa, Producer at Sony Interactive Entertainment
>Known for: Bloodborne, Tokyo Jungle
>Favorite title of 2016: Pokemon GO
>“Since behind the scenes activities have been ongoing since Bloodborne, I hope this will be a year that bears the fruit of the things we’ve built upon so far.”
>>
>>376695001
Souls is consistently good, though
>>
>>376695380
>>376695469
don't think I ever realized that I wanted a not-souls game in the SS universe before now
>>
>>376694290
> I recall him being somewhat displeased with the originals lack of variety in playstyles due to the small assortment of weapons available.

Jesus Christ people take that quote out of context and extrapolate all kinds of shitposting from it.

He was talking about generic gameplay/boss/weapon ideas, and how certain things he wanted couldn't fit into Bloodborne because of the story/setting. He wasn't shitting on the game at all, he was basically saying "while making BB I had some cool ideas that wernt suitable so I'll use them in something else".

If BB2 does exist, hopefully it's connected by universe only and is set far far away from Yharnam and has no recurring characters (including specific Great Ones) or stuff.

An entirely different civilisation falling apart due to entirely different Lovecroftian reasons could work. But at that point "Bloodborne 2" barely makes sense as a title. _______borne would be better if they could find a decent word, that way it's part of a series but not tied down to any specific story elements.
>>
>>376695080
Yeah just go on and ignore literally everything I said retard. Trick weapons are cool but they fail to give the game more variety since each one is intrinsically two weapons tied together. Not that it matters since there really isn't any building a character around a weapon unless you do something like Ludwig's, how fucking arbitrary.

>Increased dodge speed so dodging telegraphed attacks is even easier!
>Health regain feature to encourage mashing, after all there's no armor to speak of!
>Turn parry knives into a projectile, revolutionary!
>>
>>376695785
kill yourself retard
>>
>>376695712
>a sick dark monhun made by FROM/SJ with unique weapons from BB and magic from SS. Using SS storytelling and actual levels with bosses that move around within a set area
fuck, I'm hyping myself for no reason with e3 coming up
>>
File: 1258909746932.jpg (3KB, 126x110px) Image search: [Google]
1258909746932.jpg
3KB, 126x110px
>>376692301
>a game developer on neogaf posted that he's 99% sure we'll get bloodborne 2 announced at E3.
>>
File: 20170218.jpg (140KB, 1633x1617px) Image search: [Google]
20170218.jpg
140KB, 1633x1617px
>>376694771
>B-team defenders just fucking mentally handicapped

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki) & Japan Studio
Demon's Souls(2009), Bloodborne(2015)

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki)
Dark Souls(2011)

>A-Team(Core Design Hidetaka Miyazaki) & B-Team(PvP Balance Changes Isamu Okano, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 3(2016)

>B-Team(Tomohiro Shibuya, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 2(2014), Dark Souls 2 SotFS(2014)
>>
>>376692301
There are also people in this thread right now who are 99% sure the Earth is flat.
>>
who cares?
1 was a shit game
>>
>>376695918
Not an argument.
>>
As much as I loved bb, the rumor about sci fi souls made me more hype.
>>
>>376692301
BB is a standalone masterpiece and should stay that way.
>>
Miyazaki said FROM is making 3 different games, one being a mech game (probably AC), one being a weird crazy game, and one being "a dark fantasy game pretty much in line with what you'd expect"

Wouldn't that dark fantasy game be another Bloodborne? Can't be another Dark Souls because he said 3 was the end of the series. Unless Namco is twisting his arm and making him do it.
>>
Why would the Ori dev know?
>>
>>376696695
because his uncle is Miyazaki
>>
>>376692678
>dark souls was good
reddit
>>
>>376692301
> FROM releasing a game in december.
nice fake
>>
File: DSC_0056-1.jpg (420KB, 1952x978px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0056-1.jpg
420KB, 1952x978px
>>376696695
>Hidetaka Miyazaki
>>
File: img.jpg (320KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
320KB, 2000x1333px
What new setting would you want in a souls game?

I want a native american souls game
>>
>>376697254
The weirdness of a Japanese dev tackling Native American mythology and weapons would be cool as fuck

which is why it would never happen
>>
>>376694696
thomasmahler
>>
I still think they're going to announce a new sci fi ip but it's secretly bloodborne 2.
>>
>>376697254
>american
it will just be some neotokyo shit and you know it
>>
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER PC FAGGOT CuCKOLDS
>>
Just what video games need, more sequels.
>>
>>376692678
You don't own a ps4 do you
>>
>>376695380
yea a new Soul Sacrifice would be the sickest shit. Really want a new Freedom Wars too, probably on ps4 but that's for the best.
>>
>>376697254
Modern art museum
>>
>>376692301
I love what they did with Lovecraftian fiction. Cool shit would be if they went into some kind of multiverse mythology. Like mix Indian mythology with Hindu and Norse or some shit.
>>
>>376696632
Dark Souls is done. From is free to make more Dark Souls derivatives on their own, however.
>>
File: IMG_0203.png (76KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.png
76KB, 500x425px
>>376697703
you okay?
>>
>>376692301
>a game developer on neogaf
a western indie dev talking about japanese game development
>>
>>376694824
thats pretty fedora of you anon.
>>
>muh 30fps
This is when you know that BB is really a master piece.
>>
>>376694824
Switch PC and Sony's position around and you've got the experience I had.
Difference is I don't mix terrible poems with shilling.
>>
>>376693912
I tried replaying Dark Souls 3 since the final DLC came out. It was so horrible that all I wanted to do was get through it and start up a new build in Bloodborne.

I knew FromSoft was shit at making sequels, but I didn't realize they were capable of making shitty DLC. Hell, even Dark Souls 2 DLC was good. DS3 dlc was the low point of the series.
>>
Bloodborne absolutely does not need a sequel. At all.

We did everything we needed to do in that universe. The first game managed to catch us all off guard with the eldritch god angle. A sequel couldn't possibly top that reveal.

I'm sure if it exists it'll be "fine" but I cant expect it to be a masterpiece. Bloodborne was in development since Artorias of the Abyss came out. It was one of the few Soulsborne games that didn't come off as horribly rushed. A sequel would have started development either after Old Hunters (less than a year and a half ago) or when Dark Souls 3 was completed (a year ago.) A trailer so soon would worry me.

A fromsoft sequel has never captured the magic of an original title. Demon's, Dark 1 and Bloodborne are all far better games than Dark 2 and Dark 3.
>>
>>376692460
Personally I'm hoping we get a peak at their Sony exclusive RPG.
>>
>>376698278
This. All i want is to play another RPG. Happens that only from knows how to do it nowdays.
>>
>>376698269
It needs a sequel where we get to a village and its wrong and theres a castle then we go there and theres a vampire queen and I can marry her and she'll accept my proposal.
>>
>>376697254
Sci Fi Egypt, like stargate type shit
>>
>>376698269
This. Bloodborne is a perfect game since it accomplished to do pretty much everything it set out to attempt. A sequel doesn't have much room to improve upon, which is the whole point of having a sequel (and why DaS2 and 3 are shit).
Just move on with a new setting and idea. Personally I'd love to see what From could do with a Souls-esque game in a WW1 era setting.
>>
>>376697390
It did happen once, but probably not to the capacity that you like. Soul Hackers was to Native American mythology what DDS is to hinduism and Persona 5 is to gnosticism.
>>
On the topic of a Bloodborne sequel, I agree that it shouldn't have a direct sequel but I think a spiritual successor could work with a focus on the dream aspect of the game. I have ideas of my own but I don't want to get fucking gay with fanfic shit. I just think there's plenty of potential for more games using Bloodborne as a base. And of course they couldn't use the name Bloodborne because that focused on the blood aspect.
>>
File: julius.jpg (29KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
julius.jpg
29KB, 600x753px
>>376692458
In other words:
>I'm going to tell a lie for attention but will cover my ass by saying that it's 99% certain
>>
>>376692301
>neogaf
I'm not counting on it
>>
>>376699036
Nowhere on the Internet are there as many industry insiders as on Gaf
>>
File: a543.gif (1MB, 531x560px) Image search: [Google]
a543.gif
1MB, 531x560px
>>376692301
neogaf also believes the Wii was a fad, that the Vita is still alive, and if the Switch is successful Sony is going to create the Vita 2
>>
>>376693973
The same way they raped DS.

I dont understand people who want sequels instead of another game of the same style but with a new universe and story.
>>
>>376697254
>>376697390
damn this would be really cool but yeah the odds are basically 0 that this would happen
>>
>>376692301
if it happens, I hope they make it more replay friendly.

Bloodborne is disgustingly linear.
>>
>>376699421
Absolutely agree, the level design is marvelous specially around the core of Central Yarnham and Cathedral Ward but once you've beaten the game twice it loses the thing and becomes tedious.
>>
>>376697862
thats what I said
>>
File: IMG_2592.jpg (103KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2592.jpg
103KB, 1200x630px
>>376697254
>Pirate Souls

Could be similar to BB. No shields - only a firearm and a unique blade. But with more focus on sea monsters than just the tease we got in The Fishing Hamlet.
>>
>>376699340
People always say this but never realize they are also the reason why it happens.

It only happens because nobody can seem to think of a single criticism for the original. It's so unblemished and perfect in so many eyes, that a sequel has nothing to go off of but a couple loose ends and a few ideas they couldn't include the first time.

If it's truly coming, now is a good time to start thinking of things Bloodborne did wrong.
>>
I don't understand how people can say they raped Dark Souls.
None of the games are bad. They might not all be exactly as good as each other and they may not be better after each game but none of them are bad games. They're all good games.
>>
>>376692301
>a game developer had an opinion about a lineup!
>>
>>376700391
They're all spoiled. I've played some ACTUAL bad sequels in my lifetime.
>>
>>376700252
could be neat with a lot of caribbean/voodoo shit
>>
When i finished BB i thought that doing a sequel would have been a bad idea. But then i played the DLC.
>>
>>376692678
Nice fishing, lad.
>>
>>376696168
>Dark Souls 2 is the complete trash
>Dark Souls 3 is pretty good
>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki) & Japan Studio
I believe the BB2 will be amazing they do not have a bad record
>>
>>376699421
BB has the most replayability of the franchise though.
>>
>>376692301
i am also a game dev and can confirmed bloodborne 2 will never happen and the next armored core will be switch exclusive
>>
>>376700684
You can already bet that the soundtrack will be good.
Also, i wish they use the decima engine.
>>
>>376692458
Wow 99% if its true I will be a hero on vidya comunity, if it isnt, the 1% lel :^)
>>
>>376700684
DS2 wasn't THAT bad come on.
>>
>>376692301
I haven't even played the first yet. I don't even play games much anymore. I feel so alone on this board. Just a depressed NEET here too broke to buy games and too upset at modern gaming to care.

;_;
>>
>>376700750
brb, telling gaf
>>
>>376700840
it's actually one of the worst games ever made
>>
>>376700846
I haven't played BB either and if BB2 actually gets announced I'll buy a PS4, they're kinda cheap now anyway.
>>
>>376700932
You're actually one of worst shitposters ever.
>>
>>376700932
Sorry about your brain cancer
>>
>>376700846
no one asked nigga lol
>>
NO NO NOOOOOO.
SONY ALREADY WON THIS GEN, WHY THEY WANT MORE, WE CANT LET THIS HAPPEN TO THE MASTER RACE AGAIN
>>
would prefer a spiritual sequel

didn't really enjoy the setting that much honestly
>>
Hope they let Tanimura do it, Miytazaki is out of ideas.
>>
File: c.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>376700990
what kind of setting would you like?
>>
developed by team b :^)
>>
File: 1493827063264.png (399KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493827063264.png
399KB, 510x624px
Who cares, only millennials play this soulslike garbage, anyway
>>
>>376701041
Playing through the dreams of children which present themselves as warped nightmarish versions of fairy-tales and myths of that game's world.
>>
all of their best areas (Cainhurst, Lothric) are big ass castles. Next game should be entirely contained in a giant sprawling castle complex. Just go full dracula and call it a day
>>
File: eJwNxdENwiAQANBdGAB.png (43KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
eJwNxdENwiAQANBdGAB.png
43KB, 212x251px
>>376701101
>animeposter
>being allowed to have an opinion
>being allowed to breathe
>>
>>376697254
I wanted future Sci-Fi, but that's already in the way.
>>
soulsborne is traaaash
>>
File: 1482357111761.jpg (23KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1482357111761.jpg
23KB, 418x405px
>>376701135
Pretty good actually
>>
File: SIEtrademarks.jpg (550KB, 3612x1036px) Image search: [Google]
SIEtrademarks.jpg
550KB, 3612x1036px
I literally have PROOF that it is real
Decipher this simple image
>>
File: 1493834643082.jpg (200KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1493834643082.jpg
200KB, 1024x765px
>>376701175
>complaining about anime
>on an anime image board
I'm sorry but you have to go back.
>>
>>376701135
Sounds kinda cool, but didn't we have just have that in BB? It's the adult version.

I kinda want an Aztec kind of game with dinosaurs, jungle animals, gods, cultists etc.
>>
>>376701041
Full retard final fantasy with magical lolis and crystals
>>
File: 1486192727008.jpg (6KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1486192727008.jpg
6KB, 325x325px
>>376692301
>bloodborne
>story
>>
>>376692301
>inb4 final great one is BB1 hunter
screencap this post
>>
>>376700742
how many weapons do you have access to from the outset without having to kill friendly NPCs?
>>
File: tumblr_n8hbetVM4U1r7gvj7o1_400.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8hbetVM4U1r7gvj7o1_400.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>376701076
>>
File: 1494539031183.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494539031183.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>Miyazaki will never die in a car accident
>>
>>376701368
refusing isn't the true ending
>>
File: 1482648289253.jpg (43KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
1482648289253.jpg
43KB, 466x466px
>>376701368
Holy shit this would be so fucking rad
>>
>>376701290
holy FUCK
why aren't we talking about this?
>>
>>376701368
did you not play DaS3?
>>
>>376701368
Inb4 story is dude cycles lmao

don't even bother screencapping, this was too easy
>>
>>376701368
that would be hype
>>
>>376701438
Time is not Linear
>>
>>376701447
No, it would be obvious and boring and wouldn't even make sense. why the fuck would you start fucking around with ningens?
>>
>>376701290
I don't frequent leddit or understand the trademark shit can you explain?
>>
I swear it was around this time that Bloodborne got leaked
>>
>>376701368
Jaw dropping nonsense
>>
>>376701561
Yes.

BLOODBORNE 2 CONFIRMED
PS4 EXCLUSIVE
NEVER EVER PCuCK
>>
>>376701368
that would be beastly idiotic from fromsoft to do that
they just did that with das3
>>
>>376701561
Both The Sentinel and Sleepwalker were trademarked by Sony a month or so ago (around the same time Days Gone was trademarked last year)

Both of these games have a locked reddit page that is invite only - this is ahead of the game even existing - these two pages both Sony trademarks coincidentally both have locked invite only communities for no reason...

Bloodborne 2 also has a locked invite only community and even has some kind of active content behind it based on the tags on the page - which is really really another big coincidence. Why have a locked thread for another game that doesn't exist?

Also the Horizon 2 image is just to show that it's not that sequels are arbitrarily created with locked threads as Horizon 2 doesn't have one.

It's definitely a big big sign for BB 2
>>
>another fucking sequel

From said they were doing something new
>>
>>376701846
>Why have a locked thread for another game that doesn't exist?
To b8 gullible fags like you.
>>
File: [pain].png (990KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
[pain].png
990KB, 681x1024px
>>376701814
stop this
I don't care about your console wars, I just want my vidya
Can I get bloordborne if I admit sony is superior and submit to you?
>>
>>376698269

Lmao @ you and all the other DeS retards. Das2 and Das3 are better than DeS.
>>
>>376698269
no it doesn't need one
but it would sell a lot of copies
>>
>>376701948
It's not by FROM
It's by Masaaki Yamagiwa - the guy who spearheaded The Old Hunters

The next game in the Sony partnership is a new IP
>>
>>376701536
But that's just like, your opinion, man
>>
>>376694887

say no more fampai

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378540/The_Surge/
>>
>>376698269
>A fromsoft sequel has never captured the magic of an original title.

So you've never played a Fromsoft game outside of souls shit?
>>
>>376692846
It's the same game.
>>
>>376701954
I don't think they'd go that far just to bait me des
>>376701937
Sleepwalker may be SIEJ new game, I think Sucker Punch's game is The Sentinel
>>
>>376692301
>not playable on ps4 vanilla
Capture this
>>
File: 1485111529598.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485111529598.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>376692301
>more FROMgarbage
Can't they just close shop like all the other slant eye companies? The FROM fanbase must be the most cancerous on site.
>>
>>376702270
>I don't think they'd go that far just to bait me des
because you're gullible
>>
>>376701368
>bb2
>you also go to the Hunter's Dream when you die
>suddenly you can't go anymore (because the hunter killed Gherman)
>find a way in
>everything is fucking deformed with nightmarish visions because the squid is the new host and he's fucking insane because of all the shit that he saw when he was a hunter
>>
>>376702150
Then you and other redditors can get """"hyped"""" for it. We're sick of souls at this point
>>
>>376702391
>hunter ascends
>somehow becomes INSANE after ASCENDING
kys
>>
>>376702436
I'm not a redditor I've never spent more than 5 minutes on world news
I'm just not an idiot
>we're
you
>>
>>376702391
if they have any sense at all, it would be set nowhere near Yarnham
>>
>>376702540
this
>>
>>376702540
>>376702563
Yarnham is where they found the old blood
the church would never ship their cash cow blood to other cities
there's nowhere else it could be set
>>
>>376702757
>I haven't read the thread
>>
Im really fucking tired of these Souls sequels, it's just as bad as Call of Duty at this point, almost yearly sequels

Bloodborne was fucking perfect & wrapped up everything, it doesn't need a sequel, if there is a sequel, it will 100% be a rehash & there won't be any surprises
>>
>>376702856
>Im really fucking tired of these Souls sequels, it's just as bad as Call of Duty at this point, almost yearly sequels
I'm really fucking tired of these pathetic shitposters.
Its nothing like Call of Duty or Ubishit games.
>>
>>376698782
all the lovecraftian games blow
>>
>more soulshit

This game is the CoD of JRPGS at this point.
>>
File: 6ce.png (137KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137KB, 350x350px
>>376701368
>Copying the Diablo 2 trope again
>16 year olds think it's hype & original

WHY
>>
> People actually want fedoraborne 2.

Haven't people grown up since the first one?
>>
>>376693912
>>376694101
He's right. I liked BB but it was just Dark Souls with less variety in how you could structure your character, streamlined for simple people.

>>376695080
>>376695918
He bodied you son.
>>
>>376702943
Yes it is, it's exactly the same
>>
File: 000275.jpg (111KB, 445x600px) Image search: [Google]
000275.jpg
111KB, 445x600px
>>376701041
a setting based Beksinski's art
>>
>>376693912
The world-design was good, but nothing spectacular for the series; the characters weren't particularly memorable; Combat was just narrow with far less versatility.
It was Souls: Child edition, for people who wanted their experience to be short and concise.
>>
There is the Chalice Dungeons that looks like a Desert when you go outside & cross the bridges

So if Bloodborne 2 was Wild West Souls or Arabian Souls, i would be hype

But i feel like BB2 will be a retread of the first one because Sony will want to play it safe
>>
File: 1494350439376.jpg (439KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1494350439376.jpg
439KB, 597x597px
>from software at it again
Ugh...when will those talentless fucks finally stop shitting out new 'Soulslikes' twice per year?
Anyone who isn't fed up with this shit by now is obviously underage.
>>
WAAAH!!! SOULS SHIT IS LIKE CALL OF DUTY SHIT! WAAAH!!!

>2003 - Call of Duty
>2005 - Call of Duty 2
>2006 - Call of Duty 3
>2007 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
>2008 - Call of Duty: World at War
>2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
>2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
>2011 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
>2012 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
>2013 - Call of Duty: Ghosts
>2014 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
>2015 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
>2016 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
>2017 - Call of Duty: WWII
>not including handheld and spinoffs

>2009 - Demon's Souls
>2011 - Dark Souls
>2014 - Dark Souls 2
>2016 - Dark Souls 3

OH MUH GAWD, EXACTLY THE SAME
SO MUCH REHASH
>>
>>376703471
>forgetting Slashy Souls
>>
>>376701846
Wouldn't call it a big sign but it could be a hint on it.
>>
>>376703629
fromsoft had no agency there
>>
>>376695080
lol what the fuck he literally covered all of what you said.

>trick weapons
Were a nice little gimmick but robbed a lot of variety granted by a cast of singular dedicated weapons.
>dodge speed
Spammable, gameplay far more one-dimensional than Souls.
>health regain
"Please spam"
>guns
It's just a parry bro

It was alright, not as good as Souls by design
>>
File: 1494441055223.jpg (18KB, 259x293px) Image search: [Google]
1494441055223.jpg
18KB, 259x293px
>>376692301
>Blooclborne
>>
>>376703471
>Forgetting Bloodborne, DLC & Remasters
>>
>>376703832
Bloodborne is not a Dark souls game
DLC is not a game of its own
Remasters are not new games
>>
Bloodborne did every trope imaginable

I feel like 2 would just be a massive rehash , what is there that's new that they could do?
>>
>>376703705
the trick weapons offer a lot more variety than the 10 weapons that do the same thing in souls. and regaining health isn't the easiest thing
>>
>>376700742
No that's Dark Souls 2.

And yes, I think Dark Souls 2 is the worst in the series but it's still the most replayable.
>>
>people think the second game will be any good with the intern team as the main developer, will turn out to be shit
>while the main team is already developing the third game that will turn out unfocused and feel like filler
It's dark souls again. It's over for fromsoft.
They used to be an ambitious developer with sleeperhits now they're literal normie shovelware like cod.
>>
>>376703901
Bloodborne is a Souls game, it even has Patches in it for fuck sake

Scholar of the First Sin & Prepare to Die where pretty much new releases & on new platforms
>>
>>376703901
bloodborne is in the family of demon's souls spinoffs that are all the same
>>
>>376692301
Why do people keep posting that fan made Blooooorne logo?
>>
File: 1494435388518.jpg (74KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1494435388518.jpg
74KB, 650x488px
>>376700932
As someone who was ultimately disappointed in 2 after putting over 1000 hours in the first one, you're full of shit. Granted I don't enjoy it, but it was still better than most shit that came out that year.
>>
>>376703998
>Bloodborne is a Souls game, it even has Patches in it for fuck sake
Is Armored Core a Souls game?

>Scholar of the First Sin & Prepare to Die where pretty much new releases & on new platforms
Scholar is Dark Souls 2 and Prepare to Die is Dark Souls 1. They are not new games.

>>376704047
Bloodborne is not a Dark Souls game.
>>
>>376700391
I mean the story.

DS2 might not be perfect but it was the goty of its year.
>>
>>376703287
God damn I hate seeing his art because I know I'll never get more of it.
>>
File: 030-031.png (1MB, 1497x1060px) Image search: [Google]
030-031.png
1MB, 1497x1060px
Can we get a flail trick weapon this time like what was planned for the original?
>>
>>376704126
Atleast he had a decent output. Not exactly a small number of pieces.
The real shame is how he died. Fucking unbelievable.

>>376704171
I remember reading a quote from one of the Fromsoft devs that they wanted to do flail like weapons but they couldn't get a satisfying feel to them.
>>
>>376704086
it's the same game as dark souls. you shouldn't be including demon's souls in the same list as dark souls if you want to be that picky and retarded
>>
>>376704213
>it's the same game as dark souls
No, its not. And repeating yourself won't change that.
>>
>>376704254
if you got cancer i would laugh
>>
>>376703989
>the trick weapons offer a lot more variety than the 10 weapons that do the same thing in souls

And what about the other ten weapons that fulfill a similar purpose, and the ten others with a minor tweak, and then the other branches?
A host of weapons with dedicated intentions engenders a LOT more build-variety than a small string of double-edged swords that shove two into one and cut down the overall count for it.
I will say though, Trick Weapons did condense the strengths of two into one fairly well, and in use they were very flexible. But still, by nature, that means you'll only be using one at any given time, and with the emphasis they gave to them, it meant there was a lot less to play around with outside of these gimmick-sticks.
>>
Sony always wins baby
>>
>>376704207
I know man. Died for fucking pocket change. This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>376694824
>DD/MM/YYYY
absolutely disgusting. please kill yourself
>>
>>376701041
I always wanted a Dark Crystal-esque world full of strange fauna and flora.

The designers at From make some cool ass unique monsters, they could do it, id allow it.
>>
File: 1467193538687.gif (2MB, 297x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467193538687.gif
2MB, 297x360px
>>376703471
>tfw I want yearly Souls games and they still haven't gotten boring to me.
>>
>>376704117
Divinity bayonetta 2 alien isolation middle earth

The ds2 turd just looks embarassing next to one of the above, sorry nu/v/ I know it's your first souls game(like 80% of todays ((((fans)))) but I hate to break it to you, its a turd shitgame with no redeeming qualities and only fanhype behind it. You fell for the masses of twitch advertisement and the 2deep4u icri everitim ;( solaire pls story corclejerk. Go back to vaatividya and ask him about his fat checks.
>>
>>376703901
>literally souls with no shields and with guns
kys
>>
File: Noctis.jpg (48KB, 564x795px) Image search: [Google]
Noctis.jpg
48KB, 564x795px
>>376692301
God I hope this is true...

Make DMC5 and FFXV-2 a reality as well and I shall die a happy man.
>>
>>376704448
>two things that make it different
>SEE, PROOF THAT ITS THE SAME GAME
>>
>>376704442
DS2 is the best one mechanically.
Sorry you couldn't win without the 40 iframes per roll easymode.
>>
>>376704448
>Playing with a shield
It's like you middleroll everywhere... Oh wait, ds2 is babbies first soulsgame? Nevermind! Have fun with your shitgames from now on, the soulsship has sailed buddy.
>>
File: 1483408988751.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483408988751.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>faggots buying yearly dark souls
>dark souls 5 now

you guys are asscreed/cod/fifa drones
>>
Not surprised, BB did very well for an exclusive relatively niche game and managed to push well past 3M copies.
>>
>>376704608
5 games in 8 years isn't too much
>>
>>376704557
>mechanically
>every jump is inconsistent and does not work 'mechanically'
Nu/v/ at its finest. Get shit on you little cuck have fun with your mechanically perfect games lmao
Poise is real you fuck
>>
Only pCucks defend the turd that is DaS2. Porting to PC was a mistake that ruined the community.
At least until Bloodborne gave us a fresh start while reddit pcbros got their cashin sequels
>>
>>376704517
Holy shit I guess call of duty games are different now because you can run across walls while you couldn't in 4. Kill yourself.
>>
>>376704442
Shit didnt know Bayo 2 was from that year, sorry havent played it so it slipped my mind.

Might download the emulator but I feel bad for doing that to Platinum and their poor sales but good games.
>>
>>376704748
>Holy shit I guess call of duty games are different now because you can run across walls while you couldn't in 4.
No, because they still call it Call of Duty
>>
>>376704442
>DS2 is worse than Middle-Earth
Put down the crack pipe, Tyrone.
>>
>>376695785
Compare how many actually unique movesets DaS weapons have to the amount of movesets BB has. DaS games all have, say, ten straight swords with different looks but identical movesets sans maybe a couple useless gimmicky R2s. You can boil every copy pasted straight sword into a single weapon that covers every single one of them. Now do this for every copy pasted ultra great sword, crossbow, axe, etc. and you realize that DaS really doesn't have many unique movesets, just a ton of weapons that all draw from the same 15 or so templates and never deviate far from it.
Meanwhile every single weapon in BB has a completely unique moveset. Sure some share a similar combo like the Holy Blade and Hammer but that only goes as far as like 30% of the attacks rather than 90% of them.
This is why I don't understand why people always complain about build variety. BB has roughly the same amount of unique movesets as DaS but without the fluff of re-modeling the same weapon 10 times.
>>
>>376704853
>my favourite ((((review site)))) says otherwise so you're wrong
Get shit on cuck suck more ((((dick)))) you shill
>>
>>376704974
>only people who haven't played ((((insert game)))) say that ((((insert game)))) isn't good
>>
Maybe this one will come to PC eventually...
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
>>
>>376705027
I want to see you get a hold of a kings field copy, cuckboi.
>>
>>376703469
>Talentless
Obviously there is talent if they can continue to make a fun game.
So stop projecting and over-exaggerating.
This games popularity survives on the PvP. Its fun so its good. Simple.
>>
>>376704290
No you idiot, it just means twice as many worthless weapons that are ignored for not being as good as the top ones in their class. Less weapons that are various combinations of other archetypes increases the likelihood that more of them are viable in one way or another.

BB fails at keeping fast, simple weapons like the Saw Cleaver from dominating but that is the fault of From and not the weapon system.
>>
>>376705135
I've got King's Field (aka King's Field II). Used, didn't come with the original case.
Also got Eternal Ring which plays kind of similarly.
>>
>>376692301
Imagine this running at 4K60fps on the pro
>>
File: 23425662344.jpg (43KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
23425662344.jpg
43KB, 690x460px
>ITT: /v/irgins getting jelly that they weren't able to attain the juicy insider info on Bloodborne II

Protip: Stop acting like bitter cunts all the time and maybe a dev or two might show up here as well
>>
I don't think it needs a sequel. I love BB, it's near perfect to me. Dark Souls may have more playstyle variety but I'll take BB combat over souls combat every single day. The variety for me comes through experimenting with different trick weapons, which all feel distinct and have their own identity (aside from saw cleaver/spear which are pretty similar). Simply being able to chain normal and trick attacks goes way beyond what you can do with weapons in souls games. Added to that, it's thematically far more interesting to me than anything from souls and I love the world - I don't think there's a poor area in the entire game (barring chalice dungeons).
>>
>>376704863
Theres quite a bit of overlap in Bloodborne too, the smaller weapon pool makes it less noticable but it suffers from the same thing.

>Sawcleaver
>Sawspear
>Beasthunter Saif
Fundamentally the same

>Ludwigs Holy blade
>Kirkhammer
Afaik untricked they have an identical moveset.

there is less overlap, but it still exists. There's also a lot of questionable viability since a lot of weapons have really terrible scaling.
>>
>>376697254
Naive american setting would suck. The environments would all just be woods and teepees.
>>
>>376705254
>No you idiot, it just means twice as many worthless weapons that are ignored for not being as good as the top ones in their class

It means that too, by nature, yes.
And that doesn't contradict anything I said – Souls' approach still encourages far greater versatility through far greater choice, even if a swathe of that choice becomes meaningless at certain points.
gg
>>
>>376704804
>it has a different name so it must be different
top fucking b8
>>
>>376692301
Bloodborne was a shitty clone of Dark Souls.
>>
>>376705448
who are you quoting?
>>
>>376704671

Do not respond to people who dont know that they are talking about, you make them feel important and correct, even though you corrected them.
>>
>>376705480
Dark Souls was a shitty alpha of Bloodborne.
>>
>>376704863
The weapons themselves though will have different stat focuses encouraging or allowing different builds. From DaS3, the sunlight straight sword is playstyle close to the astora straight sword but the former scales on faith, allowing you to blend it into a faith build which will play very differently than a pure melee. Or the morion blade lets you RTSR with a weapon with native bleed triggering. Even if the movesets are similar, they fit different styles so are not redundant in the way you're talking about.

Bloodborne gives you a bit of this with the socketing to switch to arcane or bloodtinge scaling but it requires more setup and takes a while to get going since you need decent gems.
>>
File: 1489029996463.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489029996463.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>376705480
>>
>we dont need bloodborne 2 they should not make one

literally kill yourselves
>>
>>376705582
The fallacy of different builds play differently is something that the community has perpetuated for too long.

So you leveled up Faith instead of Dex. It doesn't change shit. You play Dark Souls the exact same way.

The only difference is maybe you get some magic, but since every single Souls game has seem fit to gut magic further and further it's less and less viable everytime.

The idea of builds is a joke. You either pick
>Scaling
or
>Non-Scaling
In scaling, you choose a stat and pump it for damage, in non-scaling you can pump end/vit higher or maybe pick up some magic if you want.

Saying they're fundamentally different is outright wrong.
>>
>>376704863
>BB has roughly the same amount of unique movesets as DaS but without the fluff of re-modeling the same weapon 10 times.

It really doesn't. DaS has a fuck-ton of fluff, granted, but that (mostly) each exist with some statistical slant in mind, or to accommodate players at various levels, which all – with the more fleshed out stat-system DaS has over BB – gives people far more room to develop.
Due to sheer overwhelming force of number, DaS definitely does have more unique weapons than BB. Trick Weapons are versatile and unique, but they're two-for-one, and that's as much of a drawback as an asset – you can only use one at any given time, they don't exist separately to be slotted into your character, and there are no slightly-tweaked variations.
If you're honestly trying to argue build/weapon-variety in BB against Souls, you're a fucking moron. BB was literally made to be a more streamlined, actiony experience compared to Dark Souls greater width of builds.
>>
We've suffered enough humiliation because of Bloodborne. I can't STAND the thought of a sequel coming out. DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
>>
>>376705582
OR you could just not place any stat build dependencies on weapons and have the unique abilities of different builds be innate to the character. The weapon choice then becomes more a matter of desired playstyle and natural synergy with builds rather than "use this weapon because INT build lmao".
>>
>>376705862
>So you leveled up Faith instead of Dex. It doesn't change shit.
Certain weapons may have faith requirements.
Certain miracles have faith requirements.
Increased faith may increase strength of miracles.

>You play Dark Souls the exact same way.
Unless you don't usually play using those miracles and weapons that require more faith.
>>
Bloodborne 2 + death stranding = sony already won the e3
>>
>>376705758
FROM is at their best when they're making new unique worlds.

Demon's and Dark Souls were similar, but felt distinct since they were unrelated.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 felt like rehashes. Bloodborne had a unique setting and gameplay.

Bloodborne 2 will feel lazy. and like a rehash.

They'd be better off making a new system, and a new setting.
>>
>>376705862
>So you leveled up Faith instead of Dex. It doesn't change shit. You play Dark Souls the exact same way.

Killed yourself right here.
gg try again next thread
>>
>>376706017
>Bloodborne 2 will feel lazy
>will
Its not fucking happening, you stooge.
>>
>>376706071
i see you /v/ autists make this post a lot, do you really believe you've made an argument?
>>
>>376706071
I'm not the one lying to myself how the Souls system works.
>>
>>376706148
>>376706175
Not an argument my friends
>>
>>376706085
It's almost finished actually.
>>
>>376692301
Someone better starts screencapping those "if you dont want BB2 you're retarded, kys!" posts for the moment when BB2 inevitabely turns out to be utter dog shite, because something born out of a nice idea, had to become a franchise as well.
>>
>>376706017
>FROM is at their best when they're making new unique worlds.

You mean new, unique IPs.
>>
PS4 wins another year
>>
>>376692301
Well duh. Souls games are shovelware they release every year.
>>
>>376692301
If it's not their VR project then I don't care.
>>
>>376706647
Armored Core VR
>>
>>376706647
Their VR project is a multiplat. Probably Armored Core, since From/Kadokawa own the IP.
>>
>>376706857
except Armored Core has never been multiplat
>>
>>376706924
Every game AC4 and after was multiplat.
>>
>>376704442
This is some highly concentrated bait.
>>
>>376706924
FA, V and VD were all PS360 games.
>>
>>376707034
my b
>>
>>376706647
>>376706773
They better fucking not.
>>
>>376707257
The games are already kind of slow paced and missions have always been fairly short. VR would actually work pretty great with the formula. Why u no want immersive mech sim?
>>
>>376707512
Because it's not slowpaced.
>>
>>376692358
Armored Core Switch Exclusive
>>
File: AlreadyDeadAgain.jpg (28KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
AlreadyDeadAgain.jpg
28KB, 600x327px
>mfw it's true
>>
>>376694874
Sony isn't EA they don't expect a niche game to sell 10 million copies and then destroy the franchise when it fails to do that.

Also I'm pretty sure Bloodborne sold a couple million copies. A bit more than a 2%.
>>
>>376708330
It is though. The restrictiveness of AC has always been my problem with it. Even builds focused on speed aren't very fast.
>>
>>376705480
Dark Souls was a shitty clone of Demons Souls.
Demons souls was a shitty clone of King's Field.
>>
>>376708456
'ALREADY DEAD'
>>
>>376709372
iirc it was 2 million copies sold a couple of months before the DLC and GotY edition hit. Not so far-fetched to figure it would've sold a few more 100k copies since, given it hadn't had any particularly notable sales til that point either.

Sony said it'd exceeded their sales expectations, so that's a good thing.
>>
>>376710512
Dark Souls is lightyears ahead of Demon's.
>>
>>376692301
Blooo Two Oorne?
>>
From can't do sequels. New IP please.

will still buy it like a good goy
>>
>>376706238
What's your argument then? No matter what build you pick, Dark Souls is all about dodging attacks and punishing the enemy. That's true of every single battle and every single build. Unless you're one of those shitters who somehow has fun standing still and spamming Soul Arrow, in which case I don't understand why you're playing these game to begin with because that's even more unfun than turtling behind a greatshield hitting the boss once every 5 minutes.
>>
>>376692301
Give me Chrome Hounds 2 with over-the-top acrobatic mech melee weapons in addition to standard artillery.

I want to do the Ringed Knight Twin Greatsword l1 combo but in a giant robot dual wielding chainsaws.

Then I want to exterminate Sale Karian filth in atomic fire
>>
>>376693373
I'd prefer a whole Castlevania style with spooky monsters instead, maybe a massive and fully explorable mansion
>>
>>376705403
>implying they couldn't just make the character trip on peyote and whatever else then design the world however the fuck they want
>>
Repeat after me

Transforming revolvers
>>
>>376700932
This.
>>
>>376700932
DS2 was awful as a sequel, but definitely not one of the worst games ever made
>>
No.

Just fucking no.

Cosmic horror doesn't work like this and Bloodborne 2 is automatically inferior due to the fact we already know it's wasn't actually werewolves but ayy lmaos all along.

I want them to make something fresh again, because that's when they shine.

We really don't need more worthless garbage like Dark Souls 2 and 3.
>>
>>376716062
>worthless garbage like Dark Souls 2 and 3
kys
>>
>>376716146
>t. steamcuck who started with dark souls 1 after it became a reddit meme
>>
>>376716062
>We really don't need more worthless garbage like Dark Souls 2 and 3.
This. From is always on point when they make original games. Dark Souls 2 and 3 were okay, but nothing special. Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls were all special.
>>
>>376711507
I bet they do Mech Souls next.
>>
>>376716256
>From is always on point when they make original games

Even more so when they are paired with Studio Japan.

Dark Souls 1 was amazing but if you played Demon's Souls before, it was really easy spotting a fucking LOT of rehashed shit from shit, but they were mostly subtle, instead of the cringeworthy crap from 2 and 3.
>>
>dev didn't drop bombshell webm or screenshot in /v/ this time
Its probably going to be a Kingsfield revival (VR) and a spiritual successor game.
>>
>>376716176
Nice assumptions. You must have pretty ridiculous standards if you think that Dark Souls 2 and 3 are "worthless garbage".
>>
File: 1434333828237.gif (1MB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434333828237.gif
1MB, 460x360px
>>376692301
>99%
and I'm 100% SURE he's full of shit.
>>
File: 1493213506940.png (26KB, 523x412px) Image search: [Google]
1493213506940.png
26KB, 523x412px
>Prequel game set in Loran before it was completely devoured by sands.

What would your reaction be?
>>
>>376716062
>Bloodborne 2 takes place in the age of Deep Sea that DaS3 hinted at
>Entire game takes place underwater
>You're not even human, you're a bizarre fish thing
>Having to explore Eldritch inhabited trenches, chasms, abysses and otherwordly dimensions
>The only man-made structures you see are wrecked ships and lost city's fallen under the ocean floor
>>
File: IMG_1679.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm ready faggots!
>>
>>376718926
What's the bottom thing with the jap runes?
>>
>>376711210
Dark souls was about stamina management dumbass
>you have to use a great shield
>implying magic risk vs reward builds aren't fun
>>
>there's still that 1%
>>
>>376692301
Great now i have to wait two more years for the GOTY version
>>
File: goldface.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
goldface.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>376692301
really disappointed by this thread
Never ever
>>
>>376692301
I hope not. the sonyposters will be out of hand and we'll have to make a containment board
>>
>>376704608
You mean Demon's Souls 6.
>>
>constant milking of souls games

jesus christ sony just make the games you made during the ps1 and ps2 era.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.